- ► February (28)
- ► January (31)
- ► December (29)
- ► November (30)
- ► October (31)
- ► September (32)
- ► August (31)
- ► July (31)
- ► June (30)
- ► May (30)
- ► April (30)
- ► March (31)
- ► February (28)
- ► January (31)
- ► December (30)
- ► November (29)
- ► October (31)
- ► September (29)
- ► August (32)
- ► July (25)
- ► June (21)
- ► May (31)
- ► April (30)
- ► March (30)
- ► February (29)
- ► January (31)
- ► December (28)
- ► November (30)
- ► October (32)
- ► September (29)
- ► August (32)
- ▼ July (31)
- ► June (27)
- ► May (31)
- ► April (36)
- ► March (42)
- ► February (35)
- ► January (34)
- ► December (39)
- ► November (35)
- ► October (42)
- ► September (37)
- ► August (35)
- ► July (37)
- ► June (37)
- ► May (21)
- ► April (33)
- ► March (39)
- ► February (36)
- ► January (38)
- ► December (39)
- ► November (32)
- ► October (37)
- ► September (39)
- ► August (42)
Briefs Editor Frosty Taylor email@example.com
Web Master John Strasser
July 26, 2014
· Thanks To Everyone Who Responded To The "Has Anyone Seen Emily?" post that appeared in the 07/25/2014 MCRC Briefs. It appears Emily has been very busy trying to spy on GOP/Conservative and LD meetings based on the number of "Emily
sightings" that have been reported since yesterday. Please keep an eye out for her or any stranger that tries to attend uninvited to audio and/or video record your meetings. Please be reminded that our meetings are not subject to Arizona's Open Meeting Laws per a written legal opinion I requested and received from the Office of the Arizona Ombudsman back in January, 2013. www.azleg.gov/ombudsman/
· Has Anyone Seen Emily? Emily is a college age, short, dark haired operative who works for American Bridge 21st Century - a progressive socialist organization. https://www.facebook.com/AmericanBridge or http://americanbridgepac.org/ If you see Emily and/or any of her colleagues, please take photos of them or better yet - video record them before you ask them to leave. Please e-mail any photos or videos to the members of the MCRC EGC, your PCs and your e-mail distribution lists so we can keep watch. Please advise LaFaro A J firstname.lastname@example.org if she or her colleagues attempt to record your meetings.
· Protesting John McCain At Phx Office Aug 2 Citizen-Protests-Against-Illegals -Border-Convoy-Planned Some citizens of Murrieta, CA, after their successful blockade of DHS buses, have banded together to start a “convoy” that will go from Murrieta to Laredo, Texas. They are calling for anyone who wishes to participate to join them, including those with RVs or tents. Register to join the convoy at this link). Contact: email@example.com TWITTER: @borderconvoy http://borderconvoy.com The convoy will begin in Murrieta, CA on August 1 and end in Laredo, TX on August 7. They will be stopping in battleground border towns such as Oracle, AZ, Fort Hancock, TX, McAllen, TX and Laredo, TX and Phoenix McCain’s-New-Pro-Invasion-Bill Will Shock You Inquiries to firstname.lastname@example.org.
· Member Of Parliament Andrew Bridgen, representing North West Leicestershire, England, presenting Congressman Paul Gosar this week with a bottle of scotch signed by British Prime Minister David Cameron.
· CD25 Candidate Dr. Ralph Heap: CAP is a policy group whose mission is to promote and defend the foundational values of Life, Marriage & Family, and Religious Liberty. What happens at the capitol affects real lives. Dr. Heap filled out the Center for Arizona Policy survey, Bob Worsely refused. https://www.facebook.com/azpolicy Center for Arizona Policy
· Art Thompson, Ceo The John Birch Society, will address the ‘New World Order Plans’ at 6:30 pm, Tues., July 29 at the First Baptist Church of Tempe, 4525 S McClintock Dr., Tempe, AZ 85282: (480) 332-7493 arizonafreedomalliance
· CD23 Candidate Jay Lawrence will appear at 9 am, July 30 on VETS ON with Adam and James. www.vetsonmedia.com and at 5:30 pm, Sat. , Aug 2 on the Russell Pearce show, 960 The Patriot, KKNT 5:30 pm .
· The Colorado River Tea Party Patriots Are Hosting A ‘Candidate’s Corner’ at 5 pm, Wed., July 30 at the Z Fun Factory, Waylon's Water World 4446 E. County 10th St. , Yuma. Bring your family, visit with the candidates, enjoy a swim on the Lazy River and have dinner while you are there. Candidates Attendance Confirmed:
· Darin Mitchell - LD13 incumbent House
· Don Shooter - LD13 incumbent Senate
· Dr Connie Uribe - LD4 senate candidate
· Gabby Saucedo Mercer - CD3 candidate
· Justin Pierce - Secretary of State
· Richard Hopkins – LD4 House Candidate
· Steve Montenegro – LD13 House Incumbent
· Representative for Gubernatorial candidate Doug Ducey.
· A Fundraiser For Justice Of The Peace Candidate Malba Alvarez and Constable candidate David Lara will be held at 5 pm, Tues., Aug 12 at the American Legion Post #19, 2575 W Virginia Dr., Yuma. Bake Potato Bar w/all the fixin's & salad. Tickets: $15 per person.
· Congressman Paul Gosar: Constituents are commenting about the immigration crisis at our southern border that affects every aspect of our lives across the entire country. Securing our borders and enforcing the immigration laws on the books must be the top priority of President Obama and before any other action is taken on the issue. Failing to do so will have disastrous consequences that will echo throughout future generations. This past weekend I traveled with a bipartisan delegation of members from the House Oversight and Government Reform Committee to Central America including Honduras, Guatemala and El Salvador. These three countries are responsible for the majority of immigrant children illegally migrating through our southern border. Our mission was to discover information and facts about these unaccompanied children and why they are illegally entering the United States. It was an overwhelming experience to witness the conditions of these countries where the majority of immigrant children are coming from. I will continue to release more information from my trip but here are three of the biggest takeaways from my visit:
1.) The primary factors for why children are flooding the U.S. border from Central American Countries are poor economic conditions and chain migration.
2.) The visible lack of deportations to Central American countries lend credibility to coyotes who try to convince would-be customers that new U.S. policies will allow children to stay in the U.S.
3.) The U.S. can help El Salvador, Honduras and Guatemala by making it clear that illegal immigration to the U.S. is not rewarded; assist border enforcement in Central America and increase public awareness of the dangerous journey to the U.S.
· Phone Banks Are Scheduled For CD9 Candidate Andrew Walter on Mon., July 28 as follows:
· 6-8 pm, Ahwatukee – Home of Janelle Kimura, 763 E. Verbena Dr.., Phx.
· 5-8 pm, Chandler - Home of Caroline Coler. 1368 N Santa Anna Ct, .
· 4-7:30 pm - Home of Chuck McCracken, 6269 E Pinchot Ave. , Scottsdale.
· 5-8 pm, Walter for Congress HQ, 1243 E Broadway Rd #105, Tempe.
Please bring your cell phone. Participants will be calling in to an auto dialer so no one will have to worry about their numbers showing up on a caller ID. Even if you can only come for 30 minutes or an hour, we need you. Contact: Michael Blair -Political Director (480) 447-5492 Cell: (480) 244-2857
· Congressman Paul Gosar: The Consequences of a Lawless Administration -- We are living in a time of crisis and it is fundamental for the President of the United States to have an Attorney General that will guide the administration with the Constitution as its compass. Instead Attorney General, Eric Holder, has invited anarchy by failing to uphold the law scrupulously. I will never stop fighting to have Eric Holder removed from office. He has consistently failed to uphold the rule of law and my House Resolution (H.RES.35) calls for his removal. Talk to your friends and neighbors and get involved. Only when We The People hold elected leaders accountable will they realize that they are not above the law.
· A Voter Registration Drive will be conducted at the Secretary of State’s office from 9 am to 5 pm, Mon., July 28 at the Arizona State Capitol, Executive Tower, 19th Ave between Adams and Jefferson in Phx. Free parking. Arizona citizens have until midnight to register to vote or update voter registration to cast a ballot in the upcoming August 26th Primary Election. To be eligible to register, a person must be a citizen of the United States, 18 or older as well as a resident of Arizona and the county listed on the person’s registration. To view personal voter registration information, go online to the Secretary of State’s website at www.azsos.gov and click on the Voter View icon. Information on a person’s current registration, polling place, party affiliation and more is available. Registration is also available online at www.ServiceArizona.com. To register online a person must have a valid Arizona identification card or driver license issued after Oct. 1, 1996. For questions about voter registration, contact the local County Recorder or call the Secretary of State at 1-877- THE VOTE or in the Phoenix Metro Area 602-542-8683.
· The New AZ GOP West Valley Victory Office could use a vacuum sweeper if anyone has a spare one. Drop if off at 10050 W Bell Road #26, Sun City or contact office coordinators Phyllis And Peter Lee 623-977-4532 Mdcyclist@Live.Com
· A Reminder Mon, July 28, is the last day to register to vote in the Tues, Aug 26 Primary. The AZGOP Headquarters Office, 3501 N 24th St, Phoenix, AZ 85016, will be open until midnight for anyone that wants to submit any Voter Registration Forms -Individuals can also register to vote online at ServiceArizona http://servicearizona.com/voterRegistration?popularclick A. J. LaFaro - Chairman, Maricopa County Republican Committee (MCRC)
· The US Fish and Wildlife Service has released the Draft Environmental Impact Statement for the propsed revision to the nonessential experimental population of the Mexican wolf. Click here to read it. Comments will be accepted for 60 days. The Service has also set up two meetings on the topic:
· Aug 11- Pinetop, AZ - HonDah Convention Center
· Aug 13 - Truth or Consequences, N.M.- Civic Center, 400 W. Fourth St.
· Information meetings 2-4 pm, followed by hearings from 6-9 pm.
USFWS updates Hot Issues
· Congressman Paul Gosar: On Wednesday, I testified before the U.S. Senate Committee on Indian Affairs about the future of Indian gaming specifically relating to the Tohono O’odham Nation’s dismissal of their promise to build no additional casinos in Phoenix. Congress needs to pass the Keep the Promise Act, sponsored by my good friend and colleague Congressman Trent Franks (R-AZ), that ensures the promise of no additional casinos in the Phoenix metro area is kept until the existing tribal-state gaming compacts expire.No entity, governmental or otherwise, should be rewarded for deceptive conduct that violates a compact and is contrary to the will of voters.
· Govt Waste: Washington Times, "Earlier this month, the Government Accountability Office (GAO) testified before Congress that federal agencies made more than $100 billion in improper payments last year. To put that number in perspective, $100 billion is more than the combined total budgets of the Coast Guard, U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement agency, Border Patrol, Secret Service and the Federal Emergency Management Agency — a lot more."
· Important Election Information :
· July 28 - Last day to register for Primary Election
· July 31 - Early voting begins
· Aug 20 - Early voting ends (Ballots not mailed by the 20th might not be counted right away and should be taken to the polling place.)
· Aug - 26 - Primary Election Day
· ALIPAC Is Organizing A Nationwide Protest Against Illegal Immigration on Oct 24-25. The October wave of national protests will be preceded by important strategic protests in GOP primary states in Tennessee, Washington State, and Michigan on Aug. 2, in Wisconsin on Aug. 9, and in Florida on Aug. 23. Contact: Protests@alipac.us
· Candidate Yard Signs In Your Neighborhood Are Legal. The First Amendment of the U.S. Constitution guarantees your right to free speech, and state law supports homeowners' rights to display political yard signs during election season -- despite HOA rules which may try to restrict your rights. See HB 2609 and it's clear that an HOA cannot enforce sign regulations that are more restrictive than those of the city, town or county according to AZGOP Chairman Robert Graham. If you are living in an HOA and run into this situation, visit the AZGOP Facebook page and tell your side of the story.
· Republican Candidates In Southwest Maricopa County need your help to win. We are out numbered! Volunteer opportunities are available for you to share campaign literature, engage your neighbors, make phone calls, display a lawn sign, host a candidate “Meet and Greet,” and encourage your friends and neighbors to donate to our candidates. Contact CD 3, Maricopa County Coordinator, Andrew Costanzo at, email@example.com or 480 677-0697.
· Contact Your Congressman. Let them know your anger over yet another scandal that has taken the lives of unknown numbers of Americans. Our veterans deserve better.
· Sen John McCain R 202-224-2235 mccain.senate.gov
· Sen Jeff Flake R 202-224-3421 flake.senate.gov
· Rep Ann Kirkpatrick (D1) 202-225-3361 kirkpatrick.house
· Rep Ron Barber (D2) 202-225-2542 barber.house.gov
· Rep Raul Grijalva (D3) 202-225-2435 grijalva.house.gov
· Rep Paul Gosar (R4) 202-2225-2315 gosar.house.gov
· Rep Matt Salmon (R5) 202-225-2635 salmon.house.gov
· Rep David Schweikert (R6) 202-225-2190 schweikert.house.gov
· Rep Ed Pastor (D7) 202-225-4065 house.gov/pastor
· Rep Trent Franks (8) 202-225-4576 franks.house.gov
· Rep Kyrsten Sinema (D) sinema.house.gov
JULY 28 EVENTS
· Maricopa County Board Of Supervisor Clint Hickman will update the Wickenburg Republicans on the Board activities and achievements during the 7 pm, July 28 Wickenburg meeting at the Lifeline Ambulance Training Room, 1155 N. Tegner, Wickenburg. Contact: Chr Frosty Taylor at firstname.lastname@example.org
State Treasurer Candidate Jeff Dewit will address the Arizona Project group Mon., July 28 at 3375 E. Shea Blvd., Suite 2, Phoenix, AZ 85028. LD28 House candidate Shawnna Bolick will also be in attendance. Contact: Chr Ron Ludders 602.677.1496
· Former Border Patrolman Zack Taylor And Former Sen Russell Pearce will headline the 7 pm, Mon, July 28 Rally for Border Security and Stop Illegal Immigration, sponsored by The Red Mountain Patriots at East Valley High School, 7420 E Main St., Mesa 85207. 500 seats. $2.50 admission. Refreshment after the mtg.
JULY 29 EVENTS
· LD17 Has Changed Its Meeting Date To July 29 at 7 pm at the Tri-City Taptist Christian Seminary Bldg, 2211 W Germann Road., Chandler, AZ 85286. . All future meetings will be held the last Tuesday of the month.
· LD17 -The Republican Party Of Chandler, Sun Lakes & Gilbert will meet at 7 pm, July 29 (not its regularly July 22 date) at the Tri-City Baptist Church, 2211 W Germann Road,Chandler. No August meeting due to Primary Day. Contact: Chr Chairman Bowyer email@example.com
· The LD11 Legislative Team Of Sen Steve Smith And Rep Vince Leach & Mark Finchem will address the Pima County Republican Club Luncheon at 11:30 am, Tues., July 29 at the Sabbar Shrine Temple, 450 S. Tucson Blvd., Tucson Lunch $11
JULY 30 EVENTS
· A Republican Candidates Meet and Greet Forum is scheduled at 6 pm, Wed., July 30 at the Holiday Inn, 777 N Pinal Ave., Casa Grande. Snacks and beverages will be served. Candidates include CD1 – Gary Kiehne, Casa Grande Justice of the Peace – Roger Valdez, LD1l House- Scott Bartle, LD8 Senate Harold Vanglider, LD11 House Jo Grant, LD8 House Frank Pratt, and LD8 House – TJ Shope. RSVP
RSVP to Garland Shreves at 520-591-3314 .
· A Republican Primary Gubernatorial Forum is scheduled at 6:30 pm, July 30 in the Prosceium Theatre at the Center of the Arts at Pima Community College West Campus. Tickets available via lwvgt.org and azpm.org. Sponsored by the League of Women Voters of Greater Tucson and Arizona Public Media. Submit your question here. Streamed live at ondemand.azpm.org and available through August 26.
The Colorado Tea Party will hear Gubernatorial Candidate Christine Jones And CPA Rex Pope will address the Colorado Tea party at 5 pm, Wed., July 30 at the At The Z Fun Factory/ Waylon's Water World, 4446 E. Co. 10th St., Yuma. Other candidates in attendance include LD13 House Incumbents Darin Mitchell and Steve Montenegro, LD4 Senate candidate Dr Connie Uribe, CD2 candidate Gabby Saucedo Mercer, Secretary of State candidate Justin Pierce, and LD3 House candidate Richard Hopkins. firstname.lastname@example.org
JULY 31 EVENTS
· CD2 Candidate Chuck Wooten will highlight the Brown Bag Lunch Series at noon, Thurs., July 31 at the Green Valley Village, Suite 70, I-19 Exit 65-Continental Road.
· A Casa Grande Candidates Debate is scheduled at 6:30 pm, July 31 at the Central Lutheran Church-324 N. Sacaton St., Casa Grande. Candidates include Clerk of the Court - Chad Roche and Amanda Stanford, Casa Grande Justice of the Peace Court - Roger Valdez and John Ellsworth, LD8 Senate - Harold W. Vangilder, LD8 House - T.J. Shope, Frank Pratt, Wayne Bachmann, Carmen Casillas, Darla Dawald, Irene Littleton, Barbara McGuire and Alan Pease. Hosted by the Casa Grande Dispatch.
Americans For Prosperity presents Economist Dr. Milton Friedman at 6 pm, Thur., July 31 at the Oro Valley Country Club, 300 Greenock Drive, Oro Valley. Also speaking: Dr. David Schmidtz, Dir. UofA Center for Philosophy of Freedom. Tickets: www.afpffriedmantucwson.eventbrite.com
· CPA Rex Pope Will Address School Tax Credits at the 6 pm, Thur., July 31 Colorado River Tea Party meeting. email@example.com
· ATTN: Candidates/LD leaders/Group Chairman: If you have sent announcements or messages to Briefs that have not been posted (except endorsements) or that I have not responded to, please resend them. Messages can be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org If I do not respond with “thx” within 24 hours, please resend – using one or all of the above e-dressses. I’d rather get duplications than not receive your e-mails.
· Republican Candidate Announcements, fundraiser, neighborhood walks and other events can be sent to email@example.com for posting in the Briefs. In fairness to all GOP primary candidates, Briefs does not post endorsements, nor does it endorse any GOP candidates prior to the primary. See Briefs at Http://Archives.Mcrcbriefs.Org/
WHAT CANDIDATES ARE SAYING:
· Gubernatorial candidate Frank Riggs: Scott Smith calls his opponents "sheep" at every opportunity. But Smith was a "sheep" as the volunteer president of the U.S. Conference of Mayors (USCM), going along with the liberal, big-government policies in support of Obamacare, abortion rights, gun control and citizenship for illegal aliens. Smith claims that he brought a "Republican perspective" to USCM yet there's no evidence that he repudiated their policies and positions. Riggs said, "Smith should release voting records, board minutes, anything that might prove he did not support the organization's policies, despite serving on its board for years and as its immediate past president, volunteer positions he actively sought." Smith claims that he doesn't support amnesty for illegal aliens, yet on June 27, 2013, while USCM president, Smith issued a statement in support of the U.S. Senate legislation that would "allow the 11 million people residing in the country illegally to get right with the law and earn a pathway to citizenship . Smith supports Common Core, Medicaid expansion under Obamacare, and amnesty for illegal aliens. Smith's biggest whopper may be his claim that he's "the only candidate who's led in a time of crisis." As a U.S. Congressman, Frank Riggs voted on matters of war and peace and life and death, and to impeach a sitting president (Bill Clinton).
· Gubernatorial candidate Frank Riggs is the only candidate who has taken the military oath when he enlisted in the Army, the law enforcement oath to protect and serve the public when he became as a police officer, and the oath of office to support and defend the U.S. Constitution when he was sworn into Congress. And Riggs has empathically promised that he will repeal Common Core and roll back the unsustainable expansion of Medicaid under Obamacare, which takes $1 trillion from Medicare over the next decade. "I'm proud of my strong pro-life, pro-family, pro-2nd Amendment voting record as a member of Congress," Riggs said. "I respect the voter and would never masquerade as a conservative while acting as the president and chief spokesman for a liberal, big-government organization that promotes policies that are absolutely antithetical to the Republican Party platform and conservative values," Riggs said.
· Gubernatorial Candidate Scott Smith: In less than one week early ballots go out to voters. Volunteers are making phone calls to voters, spreading our campaign's message of economic opportunity, a world-class education system and a fresh vision for Arizona, and we need you to help reach more voters. Email Ryan Carkhuff at firstname.lastname@example.org to become a phone bank volunteer.
Earlier this week, the Arizona Republic wrote a piece on our campaign. I was able to talk about real solutions to the challenges facing our state, instead of the political pandering we see from my opponents. Arizona needs leadership to build on the foundation Governor Brewer is leaving and I'm confident I will be able to do that. article here. We've heard some pretty ridiculous promises from my opponents. Satellites on the border? Sending President Obama the bill? I've heard these statements and simply had to ask, "Really?" See web video on some of these remarks; watch it here! Maricopa County is consistently recognized as one of the most business-friendly, well-run counties in the country. County Board Chairman Denny Barney and Supervisor Andy Kunasek are two great conservative leaders who know what it takes to create an environment that allows small businesses to thrive and I'm looking forward to working with them as Governor. The countdown to Election Day is down to 31 days and early ballots come out in 5 days. We need your support now for volunteering .With your help, we'll continue to march toward a better Arizona and victory on August 26.
· John-McCain’s-New-Pro-Invasion-Bill-Spends-$100-Million; Does-Nothing-More-Than-Make-It-A-Federal-Crime-To-Block-Dhs-Buses, Opens-Up-Processing-Centers-In-Foreign-Nations-And-Provides-Refugee Status For Illegals
· KFYI Beats Up John Kavanagh Patrick O'Malley
· Where Do Candidates Stand On Issues? See Www.Azvoterguide.Com
· Vernon-Parker-Fundraising Republican Raises $200K After Ending House Bid
· Robert Robb Bennett's Germ Of A Good Budget Idea
· Trent-Franks How Has Congress Failed Us? Let's Count The Ways
· Unethical Bar Prosecutor Who Disbarred Andrew Thomas Finally Exposed, Loses Job
MARINE SGT. ANDREW TAHMOORESSI (Jailed In MX)
· Title 22, Chapter 23, Section 1732 Of The United States Code says that whenever a United States citizen is wrongfully imprisoned by a foreign government, it is the President’s duty to work to secure that citizen’s release!
· TX-Rancher-Finds-Unlikely-Book-Near-Border-Mexico From Middle East
· Sheriff-Sends-Bill-Mexican-President-Illegals-Jail-Guess-Happens-Next Threatened By Drug Cartels
· Fox-Star-Persecuted-Over-Persecuted Gretchen Carlson 'Cracking Up' At Criticism: 'I Laughed Out Loud'
SECRETARY OF STATE