- ► February (22)
- ► January (31)
- ► December (29)
- ► November (30)
- ► October (31)
- ► September (32)
- ► August (31)
- ► July (31)
- ► June (30)
- ► May (30)
- ► April (30)
- ► March (31)
- ► February (28)
- ► January (31)
- ► December (30)
- ► November (29)
- ► October (31)
- ► September (29)
- ► August (32)
- ► July (25)
- ► June (21)
- ► May (31)
- ► April (30)
- ► March (30)
- ► February (29)
- ► January (31)
- ► December (28)
- ► November (30)
- ► October (32)
- ► September (29)
- ► August (32)
- ▼ July (31)
- ► June (27)
- ► May (31)
- ► April (36)
- ► March (42)
- ► February (35)
- ► January (34)
- ► December (39)
- ► November (35)
- ► October (42)
- ► September (37)
- ► August (35)
- ► July (37)
- ► June (37)
- ► May (21)
- ► April (33)
- ► March (39)
- ► February (36)
- ► January (38)
- ► December (39)
- ► November (32)
- ► October (37)
- ► September (39)
- ► August (42)
Briefs Editor Frosty Taylor email@example.com
Web Master John Strasser
July 28, 2014
· All’s Not Well In CD3 Raul Grijalva’s Tucson House Of Dems. Some Dems invited CD3 GOP candidate Gabby Saucedo-Mercer to join their march/protest this morning on incumbent Raul Grijalva for his lack of action on the illegal immigration surge on the border. They want to Grijalva to know that his constituents are not happy with him and they are tired of throwing their vote away as he does not represent them. This group has reportedly been asking for help from Grijalva since 2005 but they say he just makes promises and nothing happens. Their last meeting with him was just last month; Grijalva simply told them that he did not have time for their issue, that the illegal children “crisis" was more important to him than they are. This is the lack of representation Raul Grijalva gives his constituents, they say. The group leader has called a press conference. It will be interesting to see if they get coverage in Tucson.
· Supt Of Public Instruction Candidate Diane Douglas was featured on Shane Krauser’s Liberty Story talk radio show at 1 pm, this afternoon in Phx. 1100KFNX.com or 1100 AM. Douglas was also on at 4 pm with James T Harris in Tucson. 104.1 KQTH or 104.1 AM in the Tucson area.
· ATTN Candidates: A landowner called the Briefs over the weekend, expressing strong annoyance at the placement of a number of campaign signs on his property adjacent to a highway. He said, “No one contacted me about placing all those signs on my private property.” While he did not demand that they be removed before the primary, he strongly suggested they had better be removed within the legally required time limit after the primary. So out of courtesy, please make sure campaign workers have permission to plant campaign signs on private property. And remove them when the election is over!
· Aug 15 Is The Deadline For Submitting Applications to the Arizona Federation of Republican Women (AzFRW) for scholarships to assist young Republican women with educational pursuits and to promote future GOP leaders. The (AzFRW) scholarship was established in 1968 to honor outstanding Republican Women leaders who contributed and promoted literacy and education programs. The scholarship is open to high school seniors who are registered Republicans and are enrolled as full-time college students. Applications: Http://AzFRW.com Contact: Pat Lutes firstname.lastname@example.org
· A New Nation Wave Of Protests Against Illegal Immigration is slated to run from Aug 2 through Oct 25, according to Americans for Legal Immigration PAC (ALIPAC) officials The more than 5,000 Americans protesting illegal immigration who mustered in Boston this past Saturday as part of the more than 300 protests held across the nation since July 18 have raised the bar. There will be a new wave of national protests against illegal immigration kicking off this Saturday, Aug 2, 2014, in the targeted states of Tennessee, Michigan, and Washington State. After the August 2 protests, the National Illegal Immigration Protest Coalition will accept new protests to be scheduled nationwide on Oct. 24-25 or before. Anyone interested in organizing a protest against illegal immigration should send in their information to Protests@alipac.us. Protest time, date/locations See alipac. protest-times Or contact: James Neighbors, Founder of Overpasses For America (405) 788-0266 or William Gheen, President of ALIPAC (866) 703-0864.
· The Subcommittee Hearing On Congressman Paul Gosar’s H.R. 596, Public Lands Renewable Energy Development Act, will be live streamed at at 10 am, Tues., July 29 from Washington., DC. broadcast at http://naturalresources.house.gov/live There are currently 60 cosponsors of the H.R. 596 including Representatives Trent Franks, Matt Salmon, David Schweikert and AZ Dems Ed Pastor, and Kyrsten Sinema, The bill is endorsed by 58 organizations including: the National Association of Counties, the Western Governor’s Association, the Board of Supervisors of Maricopa County, Arizona Game and Fish Commission, County Supervisors Association of Arizona, La Paz County Board of Supervisors and more.
· CD1 Candidate Gary Kiehne will be at the Holiday Inn, 777 Pinal Ave., in Casa Grande from 6-8 pm, Wed., July 30 to meet with voters.
· A Debate Between Incumbent Attorney General Tom Horne And Challenger Mark Brnovich was aired at 5:30 pm, this evening on PBS Channel 8 beginning at 5:30 pm. Replayed at 10 pm tonight.
· Tour to Protest John McCain Aug 2 Citizen-Protests-Against-Illegals -Border-Convoy-Planned Some citizens of Murrieta, CA, after their successful blockade of DHS buses, have banded together to start a “convoy” that will go from Murrieta to Laredo, Texas. join conwoy email@example.com or borderconvoy.com The convoy will begin in Murrieta, CA on August 1 and end in Laredo, TX on August 7. Stopping in battleground border towns such as Oracle, AZ, Fort Hancock, TX, McAllen, TX and Laredo, TX and Phoenix McCain’s-New-Pro-Invasion-Bill Will Shock You Inquiries to firstname.lastname@example.org.
· The Western Pinal Republican Club will meet at 5:30 pm, Aug 20 at Eva’s Fine Mexican Food, 2033 North Pinal Ave., Casa Grande, AZ 85122 to hear AZGOP Chairman Robert Graham and CD1 Victory Director Dallin Forrest. $10 – Hors d'oeuvre's and refreshments . Other guests will include statewide candidates. Limited seating. RSVP email@example.com Contact: Teresa Ottesen Binder PR Coordinator 602-397-2007
LD18 PC Mike Richardson Reports That Some the 100 “Arrow Of Truth” signs he has posted -- pointing to LD18 incumbents John McComish, Jeff Dial and Bob Robson who voted Gov Jan Brewer’s Medicaid Medicaid) - have been destroyed or stolen over the past few days. See The Patriots Corner to see photos. “If you see any signs being tampered with or stolen, please call police, take a picture, get a vehicle license number and we will make them famous,” quipped Richardson. See ARS 16-1019 –political signs http://www.azleg.gov/ars/16/01019.htm
Volunteers are welcome to stop by the New AZ GOP West Valley Victory Office at 10050 W Bell Road #26, Sun City or contact office coordinators Phyllis And Peter Lee 623-977-4532 Mdcyclist@Live.Com
· LD29 House Candidate Aaron Borders will attend the candidate forum scheduled by Gene Derie at 6:30 pm, Aug 7 in the Villade Paz School Library, 4940 N. 103rd Ave., Phx.
· Meet & Greet Gubernatorial Candidate Christine Jones At 3 Pm, July 29 At Lock, Stock & Barrell, 5373 S Mosen Road , Sierra Vista.
· Important Election Information :
· July 31 - Early voting begins
· Aug 20 - Early voting ends (Ballots not mailed by the 20th might not be counted right away and should be taken to the polling place.)
· Aug - 26 - Primary Election Day
· Overpasses For America And ALIPAC are calling on the more than 50 organizations and thousands of activists who formed a powerful coalition against illegal immigration to join the August 5 and Aug 7 protests focused in the election battleground states of Tennessee, Washington, and Michigan. Protest locations will be outside of the district offices of incumbent Republican lawmakers who support amnesty and on nearby overpasses. Overpasses for America or alipac.us/f8/protest-times-locations-aug
· Republican Candidates In Southwest Maricopa County need your help to win. We are out numbered! Volunteer opportunities are available for you to share campaign literature, engage your neighbors, make phone calls, display a lawn sign, host a candidate “Meet and Greet,” and encourage your friends and neighbors to donate to our candidates. Contact CD 3, Maricopa County Coordinator, Andrew Costanzo at, firstname.lastname@example.org or 480 677-0697.
· Contact Your Congressman. Let them know what you think about the illegal immigration surge on our border!
· Sen John McCain R 202-224-2235 mccain.senate.gov
· Sen Jeff Flake R 202-224-3421 flake.senate.gov
· Rep Ann Kirkpatrick (D1) 202-225-3361 kirkpatrick.house
· Rep Ron Barber (D2) 202-225-2542 barber.house.gov
· Rep Raul Grijalva (D3) 202-225-2435 grijalva.house.gov
· Rep Paul Gosar (R4) 202-2225-2315 gosar.house.gov
· Rep Matt Salmon (R5) 202-225-2635 salmon.house.gov
· Rep David Schweikert (R6) 202-225-2190 schweikert.house.gov
· Rep Ed Pastor (D7) 202-225-4065 house.gov/pastor
· Rep Trent Franks (8) 202-225-4576 franks.house.gov
· Rep Kyrsten Sinema (D) sinema.house.gov
JULY 29 EVENTS
· LD17 Has Changed Its Meeting Date To July 29 at 7 pm at the Tri-City Taptist Christian Seminary Bldg, 2211 W Germann Road., Chandler, AZ 85286. . All future meetings will be held the last Tuesday of the month.
· LD17 -The Republican Party Of Chandler, Sun Lakes & Gilbert will meet at 7 pm, July 29 (not its regularly July 22 date) at the Tri-City Baptist Church, 2211 W Germann Road,Chandler. No August meeting due to Primary Day. Contact: Chr Chairman Bowyer email@example.com
· The LD11 Legislative Team Of Sen Steve Smith And Rep Vince Leach & Mark Finchem will address the Pima County Republican Club Luncheon at 11:30 am, Tues., July 29 at the Sabbar Shrine Temple, 450 S. Tucson Blvd., Tucson Lunch $11.
· Art Thompson, CEO of The John Birch Society, will address the ‘New World Order Plans’ at 6:30 pm, Tues., July 29 at the First Baptist Church of Tempe, 4525 S McClintock Dr., Tempe, AZ 85282: (480) 332-7493 arizonafreedomalliance
· CD23 Candidate Jay Lawrence will appear at 9 am, July 30 on VETS ON with Adam and James. www.vetsonmedia.com and at 5:30 pm, Sat. , Aug 2 on the Russell Pearce show, 960 The Patriot, KKNT 5:30 pm .
JULY 30 EVENTS
· A Republican Candidates Meet and Greet Forum is scheduled at 6 pm, Wed., July 30 at the Holiday Inn, 777 N Pinal Ave., Casa Grande. Snacks and beverages will be served. Candidates include CD1 – Gary Kiehne, Casa Grande Justice of the Peace – Roger Valdez, LD1l House- Scott Bartle, LD8 Senate Harold Vanglider, LD11 House Jo Grant, LD8 House Frank Pratt, and LD8 House – TJ Shope. RSVP to Garland Shreves at 520-591-3314 .
· A Republican Primary Gubernatorial Forum is scheduled at 6:30 pm, July 30 in the Prosceium Theatre at the Center of the Arts at Pima Community College West Campus. Tickets available via lwvgt.org and azpm.org. Sponsored by the League of Women Voters of Greater Tucson and Arizona Public Media. Submit your question here. Streamed live at ondemand.azpm.org and available through August 26.
· The Colorado River Tea Party Patriots firstname.lastname@example.org Are Hosting A ‘Candidate’s Corner’ at 5 pm, Wed., July 30 at the Z Fun Factory, Waylon's Water World 4446 E. County 10th St. , Yuma. Bring your family, visit with the candidates, enjoy a swim on the Lazy River and have dinner while you are there. Candidates Attendance Confirmed:
· Darin Mitchell - LD13 incumbent House
· Don Shooter - LD13 incumbent Senate
· Dr Connie Uribe - LD4 senate candidate
· Gabby Saucedo Mercer - CD3 candidate
· Justin Pierce - Secretary of State
· Richard Hopkins – LD4 House Candidate
· Steve Montenegro – LD13 House Incumbent
· Representative for Gubernatorial candidate Doug Ducey.
JULY 31 EVENTS
· CD2 Candidate Chuck Wooten will highlight the Brown Bag Lunch Series at noon, Thurs., July 31 at the Green Valley Village, Suite 70, I-19 Exit 65-Continental Road.
· A Casa Grande Candidates Debate is scheduled at 6:30 pm, July 31 at the Central Lutheran Church-324 N. Sacaton St., Casa Grande. Candidates include Clerk of the Court - Chad Roche and Amanda Stanford, Casa Grande Justice of the Peace Court - Roger Valdez and John Ellsworth, LD8 Senate - Harold W. Vangilder, LD8 House - T.J. Shope, Frank Pratt, Wayne Bachmann, Carmen Casillas, Darla Dawald, Irene Littleton, Barbara McGuire and Alan Pease. Hosted by the Casa Grande Dispatch.
Americans For Prosperity presents Economist Dr. Milton Friedman at 6 pm, Thur., July 31 at the Oro Valley Country Club, 300 Greenock Drive, Oro Valley. Also speaking: Dr. David Schmidtz, Dir. UofA Center for Philosophy of Freedom. Tickets: www.afpffriedmantucwson.eventbrite.com
· CPA Rex Pope Will Address School Tax Credits at the 6 pm, Thur., July 31 Colorado River Tea Party meeting. email@example.com
· CD2 CANDIDATE CHUCK WOOTEN schedule: firstname.lastname@example.org
· July 29 – 5:30 pm, Town Hall at Oro Valley Branch, 1305 W. Naranja Drive.
· July 31 – noon, Brown Bag Lunch in Green Valley,G.V. Headquarters in Green Valley Village Ste. #70,.
· Supt Of Public Instruction Candidate Diane Douglas Schedule:.
· July 31 – Early voting begins.
· Aug 2 – 9-11 am, Common Core Forum, Brand New Church, 1827 W Grovers Ave., Phx.
· Aug 2 – 6-9 pm, Common Core Forum with Dr. Sandra Stotsky, Burke Basic School, 131 E. Southern Ave., Mesa.
· ATTN: Candidates/LD leaders/Group Chairman: If you have sent announcements or messages to Briefs that have not been posted (except endorsements) or that I have not responded to, please resend them. Messages can be sent to email@example.com firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com If I do not respond with “thx” within 24 hours, please resend – using one or all of the above e-dressses. I’d rather get duplications than not receive your e-mails.
· Republican Candidate Announcements, fundraiser, neighborhood walks and other events can be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org for posting in the Briefs. In fairness to all GOP primary candidates, Briefs does not post endorsements, nor does it endorse any GOP candidates prior to the primary. See Briefs at Http://Archives.Mcrcbriefs.Org/
WHAT CANDIDATES ARE SAYING:
· State Treasurer Candidate Jeff DeWit: If a lifelong lawyer and career politician is willing to lie to voters in order to be elected as our State Treasurer, can we really trust him to take care of Arizona’s $13 Billion in investments? “I am not a politician. I have never run for public office prior to running for State Treasurer. I have been full-time in the financial industry since 1992, becoming a fully licensed investment professional in 1993. For over 21 years I have been a prudent custodian of the funds entrusted in my care, and am well regarded in the industry for the success I have had as a result of hard work and determination. My opponent, Hugh Hallman, recently took material to many news outlets in the hopes that the press would publish false and misleading information right before early ballots are sent to voters, and by the time the truth would be revealed, voters would have already voted. I appreciate the time that Capitol Times reporter Evan Wyloge spent with me to sift through the information, and I feel his and Hank Stephenson’s article fairly represents the situation. I invite anyone with questions to read the complete article and the attached Take-Down notice my attorneys sent to the stations playing Hugh’s false and misleading advertisement. (Take-Down notice 2) The bottom line is, never was it even alleged that insider trading ever occurred at the company I led as CEO for 14 years. Not one time. With over 500 licensed professional exchange-member traders trading over a billion shares a month, ECHOtrade was known for being a top-tier firm of the highest ethical caliber. See SONORAN ALLIANCE below for entire statement.
· CD1 Candidate Adam Kwasman: If you have seen Andy Tobin's false and desperate attacks on me regarding Social Security, please know that it's panicked flailing from his losing campaign. It is shameful that Tobin would stoop so low as to scare seniors in order to win votes. Big government, establishment candidates, like Tobin, will do anything to hide from their record, so I want to set that record straight: I would never advocate taking away social security from seniors or those currently working and expecting full retirement benefits. Those benefits are promises owed to you and should be paid in full. Any responsible adult understands that sensible reforms must be made for future generations, who have not-yet entered the workforce, in order to save Social Security. Both parties must come together to save Social Security and admonish scare-tactics like those from Andy Tobin. Look at the Tobin Record: 1. Amnesty: Tobin supports amnesty for illegal aliens, and has been quoted in the paper and in debates for his pro-amnesty position brewer-skeptical-of-immigration-reform-by-mccain 2. Common Core: Tobin voted for Common Core testing in 2013. azleg.gov//summary/h.hb2047 3. ObamaCare Expansion: Tobin wrote his own bill to expand Obamacare in Arizona. arizona-house-budget-medicaid-vote I believe you are smart. I believe you deserve to know the truth. I believe you won't be tricked into voting for a big government, establishment politician, like Andy Tobin. We can do better. I believe that limited, Constitutional government puts us on the best path to prosperity. We have a choice this year to replace Ann Kirkpatrick with an honest and authentic conservative. Let's do just that.
· CD1 Candidate Gary Kiehne: I will be in Casa Grande and would appreciate the opportunity to meet you. I will be providing light refreshments, so invite your friends and neighbors. Wednesday July 30 6-8PM - Holiday Inn, 777 Pinal Ave., Casa Grande AZ 85122. This is an important election as we fight for our Constitutional freedoms and western way of life. I'm a conservative who believes in smaller government, lower taxes, and secure borders. All issues that the politicians in Washington can't seem to fix. I'm a businessman and a rancher who has seen firsthand what an out of control federal government can do to our economy. I'm a father and a grandfather who is deeply worried that unless we get spending and debt under control, our children and grandchildren will pay the price. email@example.com Kiehne For Congress | P.O. BOX 1974 | Eagar, AZ 85925
· LD6 House Candidate Brenda Barton: It has been a crazy summer on the campaign trail. Each of you make it special and never boring. I want to give you info to share across the district as we enter into early balloting. "I was honored by a reception held for me by the Arizona Cattlemen's Association at their annual Conference at the Wild Horse Pass Resort. It was terrific speaking with and joining in fellowship with so many outstanding ranchers and members of Arizona's agricultural community!" My efforts for higher education in Arizona were recently recognized by Maricopa Community College District Chancellor Rufus Glasper. In a recent letter to me he said, "We are grateful to your leadership in making STEM available to MCCCD and for supporting community colleges statewide. On behalf of the entire higher education system of Arizona, we thank you for your support. "Education is a major issue and I will continue to fight for local control, vocational programs and making sure that we provide an education that allows young people a chance at success. I have remodeled my website. Finally, I wanted to make sure you all know what my Democrat opponent is telling voters is his solution: "He wants to raise your taxes. ... He remained vague on how much but he believes the state should raise your taxes." (Payson Round Up, July 2014)
Please help me defeat this thinking, donate here and let's win this election!! What is it I always say? "Government should be on your side, not in your way!"
· Gubernatorial Candidate Ken Bennett: Bennett plan to reduce healthcare costs
includes innovative 5-5-5 plan --With 1.3 million people on AHCCCS, Arizona’s next Governor will need a detailed plan and the experience necessary to deal with the rising costs of healthcare in the Grand Canyon State. Drawing upon his unique understanding of how healthcare impacts the state budget, Ken Bennett revealed his plan to reduce the number of people on the state’s Medicaid program. “1 in 5 Arizonans receive government provided healthcare,” said Mr. Bennett. “That’s simply not sustainable. The best aid we can provide is to help people help themselves. Along with providing opportunities for employment, the Medicaid and AHCCCS systems themselves need to be re-designed. “That’s why I’ve proposed the 5-5-5 Plan. First, we must create enough high-paying jobs to move 5% of current AHCCCS enrollees to a health plan provided by their employers. Second, we can reduce the cost of AHCCCS by 5% by eliminating waste, fraud, and abuse. Finally, we will convert 5% of enrollees to a pilot program using Health Savings Accounts. “When Arizonans find themselves in hard times, we should provide temporary aid. However, too many recipients are thinning the resources available to those truly in need. As we improve the economy and restructure AHCCCS and Medicaid, we will see the number of Arizonans in need drop significantly.” To review Secretary Bennett’s comprehensive plan, visit www.BennettArizona.com/plan.
· Riggs-Relishes-Underdog-Role Former Congressman
· Acuity-Insurance-Flagpole 400 Feet - Tallest Flagpole In North America.
· Senators: Gang-Of-Eight-Bill-On Border-Crisis Not An Option (McCain/Flake)
· John-McCain’s-New-Pro-Invasion-Bill-Spends-$100-Million; Does-Nothing-More-Than-Make-It-A-Federal-Crime-To-Block-DHS-Buses, Opens-Up-Processing-Centers-In-Foreign-Nations-And-Provides-Refugee Status For Illegals
· KFYI Beats Up John Kavanagh. By Patrick O'Malley,
· Liar-Liar-Pants-On-Fire Why are Republicans the worst enemies of Republicans and the egregious things they are willing to do to help the Democrats. Some things are SO wrong, anyone should use better judgement!
· Vote-Out-Legistraitor-Bob-Worsley With candidates like Worsley, who needs Democrats?
· Republican-Drops-Out-Raises-200k-After-Ending-Us-House-Bid Republicans being their own worst enemy
MARINE SGT. ANDREW TAHMOORESSI (Jailed In MX)
· Hillary-Clinton-Now-Says-The-Law-Shouldnt-Be-Changed-To-Quickly Deport Children At Border She Previously Said It Should Be Considered. Clinton Also Said Children From Central American Countries Should Be Screened To See If They Qualify As Refugees Before Making The Dangerous Trip To The U.S.
SECRETARY OF STATE