- ► June (17)
- ► May (26)
- ► April (29)
- ► March (31)
- ► February (28)
- ► January (28)
- ► December (20)
- ► November (25)
- ► October (31)
- ► September (30)
- ► August (31)
- ► July (31)
- ► June (30)
- ► May (31)
- ► April (24)
- ► March (27)
- ► February (28)
- ► January (31)
- ► December (29)
- ► November (30)
- ► October (31)
- ► September (32)
- ► August (31)
- ► July (31)
- ► June (30)
- ► May (30)
- ► April (30)
- ► March (31)
- ► February (28)
- ► January (31)
- ► December (30)
- ► November (29)
- ► October (31)
- ► September (29)
- ► August (32)
- ► July (25)
- ► June (21)
- ► May (31)
- ► April (30)
- ► March (30)
- ► February (29)
- ► January (31)
- ► December (28)
- ► November (30)
- ► October (32)
- ► September (29)
- ▼ August (32)
- ► July (31)
- ► June (27)
- ► May (31)
- ► April (36)
- ► March (42)
- ► February (35)
- ► January (34)
- ► December (39)
- ► November (35)
- ► October (42)
- ► September (37)
- ► August (35)
- ► July (37)
- ► June (37)
- ► May (21)
- ► April (33)
- ► March (39)
- ► February (36)
- ► January (38)
- ► December (39)
- ► November (32)
- ► October (37)
- ► September (39)
- ► August (42)
Briefs Editor Frosty Taylor email@example.com
Web Master John Strasser
August 12, 2014
· Arizona’s Balladeer Dolan Ellis has teamed up with writer Sam Lowe to produce a new book ‘Arizona… Lens, Lyrics and Love’ that is hot off the presses. Ellis and Lowe are terrifically talented fellows – can’t wait to see their book. Many will remember Lowe as the popular columnist for a Phoenix daily in the 70s and 80s (with or without his beard). Ellis is known throughout the state for his Arizona ballads and Arizona travelogue. The book includes a CD of Dolan Ellis singing the 12 ballads, whose lyrics appear in the book.
· A Black And Yellow Mailer sent out by the Arizona Liberty Alliance PAC labeling LD13 incumbent Rep Darin Mitchell a liberal supporting amnesty has stirred a furor in the West Valley. His conservative voting record has been ranked #1 in the Arizona House by the Goldwater Institute and Americans for Prosperity. Mitchell is teamed up with incumbent LD13 House candidate Steve Montenegro - whose conservative voting record is right up there with Mitchell.
· A Retired Teacher In Wickenburg reports that all the signs she has put up for anti-Common Core Supt of Public Instruction candidate Diane Douglas disappeared within a few days.
· Meanwhile, Over In LD18, a photographer videoed two men vandalizing campaign signs Saturday evening (Aug 9) at Dobson and Warner Roads – complete with a vehicle license plate. An excess of 130 signs are reportedly missing or destroyed in LD18 – mainly the red “Arrow of Truth” signs that point at the signs of incumbent representatives candidates Bob Robson and Jeff Dial reminding voters that Robson and Dial voted for the Governor’s ‘Medicaid Expansion’ aka ‘Obamacare Expansion’ bill. A police report has been filed. LD18 house candidates Jill Norgaard and John King are challenging Robson and Dial for those House seats
· LD18 Senate Candidate Tom Morrissey, who is the former AZGOP Chairman, also reports that a number of his sign have also been destroyed or vandalized.
· A Reader Suggests Putting Yard Signs Up In Your Windows, so they aren’t so easily stolen or destroyed.
· Schools have only been started for a few days and students are complaining about Michelle Obama’s lunch program. “Not fit to eat. It goes in the garbage. My mom brings me lunch,” one teen told Briefs.
· The Sun City West Republican Club will meet at 8:30 am, Sat., Sept 6 at the Sun City West Foundations Building (Quail Room) 14465 R H Johnson Blvd., Sun City West Arizona. Doors open at 8 am with coffee/donuts. $2 donation. Speakers:LD22 Senator Judy Burges, LD22 Representatives Phil Lovas and David Livingston, and LD22 Chairman Eric Morgan. All candidates in attendance will be given time to speak. First time visitors are asked to call 602-421-8877.
· Gubernatorial Candidate Scott Smith will hold a public lunch with Gov. Jan Brewer at 1:30 pm, Wed., Aug 13 at The Kress Ultra Lounge, 284 S. Main St., Yuma.
· Arizona Freedom Alliance Invites You to ‘Dennis Michael Lynch Returns’ from 7-9 pm, Oct 4 at the Virginia Piper Theater, Scottsdale Civic Center mall, organized by DML Present & Liz Alcorn Committee. $20 per ticket. VIP reception on Oct 3 - $60 each. RSVP: arizonafreedomalliance.ning.com/events/event/show
· More on The Dust Up Saga At The AZGOP West Valley Victory Office:
· CD8 candidate Clair Van Steenwyk: Regarding Aug 5 Briefs concerning Chairman Robert Graham's comments. On the advice of counsel I won't be commenting ‘on air’ about the situation with Mr. Graham and others. He called me the evening of July 30, 2014, at approximately 8 pm. I have no recollection of Graham asking for an apology from me; if he indeed had, he would have responded to the e-mail that I sent him twice. We're now a week into the Early Voting and a week from when the incident occurred and still - no written response to my request either by hard copy or email. Graham phoned me with his decision that was reached hours earlier without an opportunity to speak to the issues - which went from an accusation of committing sign tampering (untrue) as claimed by the married couple at the SC GOP Victory Office to a different topic of ‘verbal abuse’. My concern is the negative fallout; not as much in my direction as I'm certain some had hoped for - as I'm getting several calls every day on the story in a local paper Republicans Ban Candidate From Sun City Headquarters) . It was already public knowledge (to many in the GOP) as his decision had been given to others long before he ever contacted me. His decision to ban - not just me personally but my campaign material - from the West Valley Victory office effectively leaves me no way to get my information to voters going there or calling in. I have been active for years in the AZ GOP with office holders, seekers, issues etc., on shows, events/forums etc. that Jean and I have sponsored. The only purpose was in getting conservatives messages out. Good business practices in marketing are accomplished with direct or target marketing which is what the ‘TERM LIMIT FRANKS’ signs were meant to do, compared to some of the Vile Ads we now see. I’m oblivious that he told me to apologize. This issue is in the hands of others, as we have a campaign to deal with.
· AZGOP Chairman Robert Graham told Briefs on Aug 10 that “All Clair had to do was apologize for his behavior.” Graham says he asked Van Steenwyk for an apology during their phone conversation about 6:45 pm, Wed, July 30, however, Van Steenwyk “kept talking over” him and refused to listen when Graham attempted to explain that his behavior towards volunteers was a problem. Graham said that he won’t allow volunteers to be verbally abused.
· An Email Distributed To Office Volunteers at 3:29 pm, July 30 by LD21 Chairman Kevin Payne reads: To all: “I just got off the phone with Chairman Graham and he agrees with me that Clair should be banned from the office. As of now Clair Van Steenwyk is officially banned from the office. I will come by tonight and remove his stuff from the office and put it back by my desk. Next time Clair comes in he can pick it up. If he wants to protest this decision he can call me at 623-229-1439. He should get his stuff and not harass the staff in any way. If he wants to argue the point, call me or the sheriff or both. He is NOT to attend anymore Tuesday morning meetings or come to the office for any other reason.”
Payne sent a follow up e-mail at 3:58 pm, July 30 stating, “One more thing on this. I tried to call Clair to inform him of my decision and the number I have for him is incorrect. If anyone knows the correct number I will call him and tell him my decision so that none of our outstanding volunteers has to deal with him. I will not tolerate anyone coming into our office and abusing our staff. You guys don't deserve that kind of treatment end of story.”
· At 6:45 Pm, July 30 Graham Sent An E-Mail to the office volunteers in which he wrote, “… The decision to disallow Clair from accessing the WV office was my decision. Verbal abuse in a professional setting or volunteer environment will never be tolerated.” Graham’s e-mail also states, “Here is a simple solution. I will be calling Clair to discuss today’s events and point (out) the trending experiences that many volunteers are having with him. To regain access Clair will need to write an apology letter addressed to the WV Office team with respect to his behavior. Once I receive the letter Clair will be welcome back to the Tuesday meetings…”
Graham told Briefs, “This was sent within five minutes from my conversation with Van.”
· The Last Day To Request A Ballot from your County Recorder for the Primary Election is 5 p.m., Fri, Aug 15. The Secretary of State’s Office recommends having your early ballot voted, signed, sealed and sent by Aug 22. If early voters miss the Aug 22 deadline they may return their ballot to an early voting location, at the County Recorder’s Office, or at the polling place in their county on Primary Election Day. For security reasons, election officials recommend to only give your early mail ballot to your postal worker. Should you miss the mailing deadline, you may drop your ballot at an early voting location or with your County Recorder. For locations and availability, contact the County Recorder’s office. If you vote by early mail ballot, do not vote in person. All voters – including independent voters or those without a party preference – are able to vote through one of three ways:
· Early mail ballot;
· Early in-person voting; or
· In-person on Primary Election Day, Tuesday, August 26.
To find an early voting location and availability, contact the County Recorder. Early in-person voting ends Friday, August 22. For those voting on Election Day, August 26, make sure you know your correct polling location, as voting locations may change from election to election. To know before you go, go online to www.azsos.gov, and click on the Voter View icon or call 1-877-THE VOTE or in the Phoenix Metro Area 602-542-8683. The Voter View portion of the website is compatible with smartphones and tablets. You also may contact your County Recorder’s office.
· Arizona’s National Republican Committeeman Bruce Ash got two resolutions passed during last week’s NRC meeting in Chicago. Both resolutions posted below: Resolution Concerning Sergeant Andrew Tahmooressi
o WHEREAS, Marine Sgt. Andrew Tahmooressi was arrested April 1, 2014 immediately after unintentionally crossing the Mexican border with three of his personal guns and ammunition in his truck;
o WHEREAS, although Sgt. Tahmooressi immediately told Mexican law enforcement officials he made a mistake entering and bringing firearms into Mexico and that he was trying to return to America, he was arrested
o and taken to a jail in Tecate, Mexico;
o WHEREAS, Sgt. Tahmooressi has reported that guards have repeatedly beaten him, stripped him and chained him to a bed, with his feet on one end and his hands on another;
o WHEREAS, Sgt. Tahmooressi suffers from post-traumatic stress disorder and the conditions he is enduring in jail are inhumane and he is at risk for even more severe health issues;
o WHEREAS, Members of Congress from both parties have been working with Mexican law enforcement authorities to secure Sgt. Tahmooressi's release but despite their efforts have not been successful;
o WHEREAS, President Barack Obama has been involved in other notable prisoner releases, including Army Sgt. Bowe Bergdahl, but has not yet intervened in the case of Marine veteran Sgt. Tahmooressi;
o WHEREAS, when confronted by media and interested parties about why the president has not intervened, all requests have been referred by presidential press secretary Josh Earnest to the US State Department; and
o WHEREAS, the US State Department has raised concerns with Mexican authorities about Tahmooressi's treatment but has been unsuccessful in securing his release; now, therefore be it
o RESOLVED, That the members of The Republican National Committee call upon the President of The United States to resolve this humanitarian issue that has befallen a combat veteran of The United States Marine Corps who loyally served his country in time of war during two tours of duty in Afghanistan; and be it further
o RESOLVED, That the President use all available means to arrange for the immediate release of Sgt. Andrew Tahmooressi to his family and allow him to continue his therapy from the trauma of war related PTSD; and be it finally
o RESOLVED, That upon the approval of this resolution, the Republican National Committee shall deliver a copy of this resolution to the Ambassador of Mexico.
Resolution Supporting Israel's Right To Self Defense And
Calling For The Demilitarization Of Gaza
o WHEREAS, Israel is a strong, reliable Democratic ally of the United States;
o WHEREAS, Israel has a sovereign right to defend itself its tenitory and its citizens;
o WHEREAS' Hamas, a US designated terrorist organization, has fired more than 3,000 civilians; rockets at Israeli
o WHEREAS, Hamas, counter to international law, uses its civilians as human shields and locates its missile batteries in and near schools, hospitals and mosques;
o WHEREAS, Israel takes great care to avoid civilian casualties, including the use of phone calls, text messages, leaflet drops to encourage evacuation from dangerous areas;
o WHEREAS, Hamas appears to be following the model of the terrorist group Hezbollah in Lebanon, by which it integrates itself into the political system_ white maintaining its terrorist force; evidenced by Hamas maintaining authority over its military forces and rocket arsenal in Gaza;
o WHEREAS, Hamas is a violent and unrepentant terror organization that has shown no signs of moderation or reform from their stated goals to "unify the Palestinian people against ... the Zionist .n.-y;' and to fight for the "liberation of Jerusalem, the West Bank and the rest of Palestine [i.e., the entire State of Israel];"
o WHEREAS, Hamas has conducted numerous acts of terror against innocent civilians in Israel and has launched tens of thousands rockets and artillery from Gaza and dug "terror tunnels" designed to kill innocent civilians in Israel; and
o WHEREAS, Hamas has used their civilian population as human shields during times of war, as well as launched airborne attacks from civilian homes, schools, hospitals and municipal buildings; now, therefore be it
o RESOLVED, That the Republican National Committee supports the bi- partisan concerns expressed by an overwhelming majority of both houses of the US Congress in support of the State of Israel to defend themselves against Hamas as well as for the safety of innocent civilians in Israel and Gaza; and be it further
o RESOLVED, That The Republican National Committee supports the permanent demilitarization of the Gaza Strip, including the dismantlement of Hamas' rockets and tunnels; and be it further
o RESOLVED, That the Republican National Committee condemns Hamas' continued use of innocent civilians as human shields; and be it further
o RESOLVED, That the Republican National Committee supports continued and additional funding to enhance Israel's defensive capabilities, including the replenishing of the Iron Dome anti-rocket system; and be it finally
o RESOLVED, That upon the approval of this resolution, the Republican National Committee shall deliver a copy of this resolution to the President of the United States Barack Obama, US Secretary of State John Kerry, the
o political leadership of both houses of the US Congress and The Prime Minister of The State of Israel, Benjamin Netanyahu.
· URGENT- The MCRC Needs To Provide At Least 20 Unpaid Volunteers to officially observe the early ballot counting at Maricopa County Elections beginning on Wednesday, August 20th lasting through Saturday, August 30th. We need to have 2 volunteers observing at all times throughout the day. The early ballot counting will be conducted all day, every day at the Elections - MCTEC Office, 510 S. Third Ave., Phoenix AZ 85003, 602-506-1511. Please e-mail Chairman LaFaro your name, address, telephone number, e-mail address and the day(s) you are willing to work. firstname.lastname@example.org A J LaFaro – Maricopa County Republican Chairman
· Maricopa County Elections is still needs Republican Poll Workers for Legislative District (LD)17, LD24, LD26, LD27 and LD28. In addition LD13, LD17, LD23 and LD26 need Bilingual Republican Poll Workers. Anyone interested in being a poll worker in these Legislative Districts needs to contact, as quickly as possible, Colleen Redmond, Board Worker Recruiter Supervisor, Maricopa County Elections, at email@example.com or 602-372-3713. Thanks. A. J. LaFaro - Chairman, Maricopa County Republican Committee (MCRC)
· Please Have Your Republican Poll Watchers Concentrate on the even numbered
polling locations. Please remember that a Republican Poll Watcher will only be
allowed into a polling location if they are carrying one of the salmon colored
authorizations that has been originally signed by Chairman A. J. LaFaro. Every
Legislative District (LD) has been given its initial allotment of authorization forms
with the exception of LD24 which still needs to get theirs.
Link to the Maricopa County Elections Facility/Polling Place Detail Report. http://recorder.maricopa.gov/pollingplace/PPdetailResults.aspx?view=other&election=MARICOPA+COUNTY%2c+8%2f26%f2014&ElectNo=1255&Type=other It lists all 724 Maricopa County Polling Locations. It's an interactive report where you
can sort by clicking on the column heading or you can even export the entire report to an excel spreadsheet.
Several weeks ago at a meeting of the Maricopa County Elections management and the Chairmen of Maricopa County's Political Parties, I won a coin toss and chose the odd numbered polling locations. Maricopa County Elections is working hard to make sure the odd numbered polling locations have a Republican Poll Inspector in charge and the even numbered have a Democrat Poll Inspector in charge. In addition, Maricopa County Elections is doing everything possible to staff each polling location with an equal number of Republican and Democrat poll workers.
We have two weeks until the August 26th Primary. Important upcoming date:
· August 15th - Last day to request an early ballot
· August 22nd - Last day to vote in-person at one of the 21 voting centers located in Maricopa County
· August 26th - The day of the Primary Election
My deepest thanks to all the hard working Precinct Committeemen and Republican volunteers. A. J. LaFaro - Chairman, Maricopa County Republican Committee (MCRC)
LD19 Write-In Senate Candidate Joe Hobbs has announced the Final Push for Early Seed Money this week. Donations can come from inside/outside LD19. Checks must be made payable to Hobbs4AZ, and can be up to $160 per individual (a single check of $320 per household if both spouses sign the check). Supporters can visit www.hobbs4az.com and donate electronically using PayPal by clicking on the “DONATE” button. Funds are needed for a few strategic yard signs and collaterals for the last ten days of the Primary campaign. “We are in it to win it. Thank you very much,” said an enthusiastic Hobbs. 480-381-2380 firstname.lastname@example.org
· Congressman Paul Gosar’s calendar:
o Aug 15 – 1-3:30 pm, Payson Staff Office Hours at Gila County Supervisor Tommie Martin’s Office, 610 East Hwy 260, Payson, AZ 85547
o Sept 20 – 5:30 pm, Parker Fire Dept Annual BBQ, Parker Fire Station, 1101 W Arizona Ave., Parker.
· LD23 House Candidate Effie Carlson:
o Aug 13 – 1:30 pm, AZ Airtime, 13802 N Scottsdale Rd.
o Aug 14 – 7 pm, LD 23 and LD 28 Candidate Forum hosted by Valley Interfaith Project at the
Paradise Valley United Methodist Church, 4455 E. Lincoln Dr., Paradise Valley
· CD2 Candidate Chuck Wooten schedule: email@example.com
o Aug 14 – 4-6 pm, Meet the Candidate Social at Berkshire and Hathaway Premier Properties Office, 7231 E. Speedway Blvd. Tucson
o Aug 15 – 5-7 pm, Meet the Candidate at The Landmark Cafe, 400 W. Fry Blvd. Sierra Vista. Local music by Mario Castilla.
o Aug 16 – 9 am, The Josh Bernstein Show-on line radio spot.
· Supt Of Public Instruction Candidate Diane Douglas Schedule:
o Aug 14 – 7-9 pm, LD12 Candidate Roundtable, 2034 South Lindsay Road, Gilbert, AZ.
o Aug 16 – 10 am-3 pm, Mohave County Republican Picnic, Hualapai Mountain Park near Kingman, AZ. $20 for adults includes lunch, children under 13 free.
o Aug 20 - 6:30 to 8:00 pm - Candidate Meet and Greet, 4601 E. Dolphin Avenue, Mesa, AZ
· ATTN: Candidates/LD leaders/Group Chairman: If you have sent events or announcements to Briefs that have not been posted (except endorsements) or that I have not responded to, please resend them. Messages can be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org If I do not respond with “thx” within 24 hours, please resend – using one or all of the above e-dressses. I’d rather get duplications than not receive your e-mails.
· Republican Candidate Announcements, fundraiser, neighborhood walks and other events can be sent to email@example.com for posting in the Briefs. In fairness to all GOP primary candidates, Briefs does not post endorsements, nor does it endorse any GOP candidates prior to the primary. See Briefs at Http://Archives.Mcrcbriefs.Org/
AUG 13 EVENT
Maricopa County Small Business Owners are invited to a few workshop on Phoenix business certification programs between 2-4 pm, Wed., Aug 13 at the Calvin C. Goode Municipal Building, 251 W. Washington St., 10th floor. Limited seating. Reservations 602-262-6790/voice or 602-534-1557/TTY, or firstname.lastname@example.org
· Gov Jan Brewer Will Attend A Fundraising Reception for attorney general candidate Mark Brnovich at 5:30 pm, Wed., Aug 13 at The Adobe Restaurant at the Arizona Biltmore, 2400 E. Missouri Ave., Phx 85016. Event Chairman – $2,000 per person ($4,000 per couple). Event Co-Chair – $1,000 per person ($2,000 per couple). Host Committee – $500 per person ($1,000 per couple). Individual Tickets – $250 per person ($500 per couple). RSVP to Daniel Stefanski at Mark@Mark4AZ.com or 623.451.1729. Online contributions via credit card at www.mark4az.com
AUG 14 EVENTS
· The LD12 Candidate Round Table Is Scheduled At 7 Pm, Thur., Aug 14 in the South Valley Junior High School Cafeteria, 2034 South Lindsay Road, Gilbert, AZ 85295. Candidates expected include Ken Bennett, Scott Smith, Diane Douglas, John Huppenthal, Justin Pierce, Wil Cardon, Michele Reagan, Tom Horne, Jeff Dewit, Hugh Hallman, Randy Pullen, Eddie Farnsworth, Warren Petersen, Lucy Mason and all seven Gilbert Town Council Candidates.
· Gubernatorial Candidate Christine Jones will address the Brown Bag Lunch Series at the Green Valley Republican Headquarters at noon, Thurs., Aug 14, at Green Valley Village, Suite 70, I-19 Exit 65-Continental Road.
· A Meet And Greet For Justice Of The Peace Candidate Darryl Jacobson-Barnes will be hosted from 6-8 pm, Aug 14 by Steve Hayhurst, 1858 E Caroline Line, Tempe, 85284. RSVP: Jacobson.email@example.com or Shayhurst5@gmail.com. 602-620-2891. Suggested donations $50 per person or $100per couple.
AUG 15 EVENTS
· Congressman Paul Gosar’s staff will hold office hours from 1-3:30 pm, Aug 15 at Gila County Supervisor Tommie Martin’s Office, 610 East Highway 260, Payson, AZ 85547
· A Welcome To The New Neighborhood Reception for Gilbert City Councilman Victor Petersen and his family with special guests Sen President Andy Biggs and representatives Eddie Farnsworth and Warren Petersen is scheduled at 7 pm, Fri., Aug 15 at the home of Becky and Rick McDowell, 2762 E Villa Park Ct., Gilbert 85298. Host Committee consists of the McDowells, Vonda Guttery, Micki Niland, Cheryl & Ernie Harrold and Lalani & Nate Hunsake.
· A ‘Women Warriors Of The Senate’ Fundraiser, featuring scrumptious homemade dessert by LD22 Sen Judy Burges, LD14 Sen Gail Griffin, LD15 Sen Nancy Bartos, LD21 Rep Debbie Lesko, LD15 Sen Kelli Ward and LD20 Sen Kimberly Yee will be held from 4:30-6:30 pm at the home of Susie Stevens, 6116 N 38th Place, Paradise Valley, AZ 85253. Meet the fantastic incumbent ‘Women Warriors’ candidates, enjoy a tasting contest, watch cooking demos and meet several 2014 Arizona Miss winners with their crowns/sashes. Hostess Committee: Janna Day, Shelby Fletcher, Molly Greene, Deb Gullett, Becky Hill, Gretchen Kitchel, Laura Knaperek, Courtney LeVinus, Emily Ryan, Kathy Senseman and Susie Stevens. RSVP to Stevens by Aug 15 at firstname.lastname@example.org If you can’t make the event, contributions can be sent to them individually at:
o Judy Burges - P. O. Box 5361, Sun City West, AZ 85376
o Nancy Barto for Senate - P.O. Box 71297 Phoenix, AZ 85050
o Gail Griffin for Senate 2014 - PO Box 628 Hereford, AZ 85615
o Debbie Lesko - P.O. Box 5292 Peoria AZ 85385
o Kelli Ward - 1990 McCulloch Blvd. #D-228, Lake Havasu City, AZ 86403
o Kimberly Yee for Arizona - P.O. BOX 83561 Phoenix, AZ 85071.
AUG 16 EVENTS
· Dr. Carl Goldberg Will Address “What Non-Moslems Need To KnowAbout Islam, and Why” between 9:45-noon, Sat., Aug 16 at the North Scottsdale Christian Church, 28700 N Pima Rd., Scottsdale AZ 85266. Gubernatorial Candidate Frank Riggs is also scheduled to speak. Steve Kates will broadcast live at noon (KFNX 1100 AM)
· The Fountain Hills Republican Club will meet at 9 am, Sat., Aug 16 at the FH Community Center to hear Maricopa County Attorney Bill Montgomery, Trevor Lake (Heritage Action for America) and Carlos Alfaro (LIBRE) organization)
WHAT CANDIDATES ARE SAYING:
· LD 29 House candidate Aaron Borders: The Aaron Borders for Arizona Team has momentum on its side. LD 29 has a chance to have a Republican House represent it for the first time EVER. We know we are worrying the Dems - with no incumbents and severely under qualified candidates, there is a big chance for a upset here. The Aaron Borders Campaign has a clear message to the Union Thugs who are trying to intimidate and bully Borders and his family. Since the last two debates, where LD29 House Candidate Aaron Borders dominated touting that he is the most qualified to represent LD29; his house has been egged, shot up with paint-balls and threats have been made on his campaign page against him and his family. The married father of four said, "You can verbally attack me all you like, but bullying and trying to intimidate my family is crossing the line; and is very telling to the voters of LD29 of what the Democrat candidates really are." The Borders Team ask for as much support as possible from those who desire to see a Republican pick up this seat. The Dems are willing to fight tooth and nail to keep it. Please become part of the Aaron Borders for Arizona Team today. Borders is a Financial Specialist, Risk Management Auditor and Insurance Agent for Allstate. He also volunteers as a Government Affairs Representative for NAIFA, West Valley, and is a coach and board member of the West Valley Youth Sports Commission . www.ABforAZ.com
· LD28 House candidate Mary Hamway: And the hits keep coming. Dark money continues to pour in against me in my bid for the Arizona House. This is now the fourth dark money mailer with outright lies and distortions, and at this point these smears are becoming laughable. I mean, what will they think of next? The negative mailer today came from the same group that recently sent a positive mailer to voters about my opponent. It is unfortunate that my opponent continues hiding behind dark money instead of focusing on the issues that will move our state forward. I am proud of my record of cutting spending, reducing the size of government and making government more efficient and accountable. I am proud to have the support of many current and former Republican elected officials in District 28. During my time on the Paradise Valley Town Council, we found practical solutions for the betterment of our Town without the divisive political rhetoric seen in a lot of today's policy debates. I will take the same leadership style to the State Capitol. These smear tactics will continue so I ask that you see through them and vote for me Mary Hamway.
· Cd2 Candidate Chuck Wooten’s campaign has been targeted again. This time, a not-so-bright computer hacker gained access to the www.wooten2014.com website. The attacker made 192 login attempts before gaining access. That person removed select articles written by various local and national columnists - all critical of either Martha McSally or Shelley Kais. Many of the site’s functionality were badly damaged. Wooten’s team quickly responded to restore full functionality. It is expected to be fully up-and-running very soon. Wooten said, “It seems as if this political campaign is more of a union-thug race than a race for the U.S. House of Representatives. Decorum and common decency among candidates and their supporters is virtually non-existent. I will not be intimidated or relent to the tactic of “death by a thousand cuts,” as is common in the world of Obama-style politics and union bosses, so whoever is suing me, destroying road signs, and hacking and damaging an expensive website is doing it in vain. My only regret in standing strong against a constant onslaught of childish behavior is that precious, hard-earned campaign contributions are needlessly wasted on defenses and repairs. It’s apparent I value my supporters so much more than those who wish me ill. This is not a game of chicken. This is the future of America. I will not depart from my message to the citizens of CD2 that America and this District have serious issues to deal with and I am only offering two things: The truth and common sense solutions. With only 13 days until the primary vote, despite the best efforts of my opponents, Wooten For Congress is still standing.”
· State Treasurer Candidate Randy Pullen: We’re only fourteen days away from the August 26 primary election and it’s up to us to seize momentum over these final two weeks. We need everyone’s help today. To share our message with voters across Arizona over the final two weeks, we need to raise an additional $5,000. Will you make a generous donation of $50, $100, $250, or more to help us reach that goal? We’re very close to achieving a victory on August 26, but we can’t afford to hesitate. The opportunity is right in front of us -- will you help me seize it? Pitch in $50, $100, $250, or more and we’ll use your contributions to share our positive message with voters through Election Day. Thank you for continuing to stand with me in this campaign.
· CD2 Candidate Martha McSally released her third ad highlighting McSally's 8-year fight to overturn a discriminatory Pentagon policy that required female soldiers stationed in Saudi Arabia to wear Muslim garb - a fight she won. "Martha is not someone who can simply walk by a problem," said Spokesman Patrick Ptak. "When she saw our servicewomen were being discriminated against in the military, she stood up against the Pentagon and put her career on the line. The new ad will air on cable and broadcast TV. She continues to show momentum, outraising her incumbent opponent for the last four quarters. Transcript: Martha McSally stood up against the Pentagon to change a policy demeaning to our servicewomen that forced them to wear Muslim clothing. "We were asking our servicewomen who put on the uniform to defend our freedoms to actually be treated like second class citizens when they were serving in Saudi Arabia - and I thought it was wrong and I don't walk by a problem. And I had no idea what I was going to embark on was an eight year battle with the Pentagon that ultimately put my own career on the line and threatened to end it. I mean, no kidding, it was one person versus the whole Pentagon. Leadership is about doing the right thing, even if you might not win and even if it comes at a personal cost. I stood up against the establishment - and I won." Martha is committed to serving and making a difference for women, for everyone."And that's what I'm going to do again when I get to Congress. I'm Martha McSally and I approve this message."
· Tempe City Council Candidate Matt Papke: Our GOTV calls have been going strong and, thanks to the support you have given us - every, single, targeted voter has been contacted …3 times. We are still following up with voicemails. If you would like to make phone calls, drop by the command center (2954 S El Dorado Mesa, 85202) between 5pm to 8pm. Snacks and beverages are free. At this point, what we really need help with are GOTV door knocks. I know, it’s hot outside and this is the last thing any of us want to do. However, a large % of registered voters have no contact numbers and the only way to encourage them to vote is to visit them at their doors. Click here to sign up We need volunteers to help out on election day, Tuesday, Aug 26. We need people to hand out flyers as voters enter the polling place. There are multiple locations - all open for 13 hours…so we need your help to get it all done. If you can spare 1, 2 or more hours helping us reach the remaining few voters, please click here to RSVP. Click to sign up to help! Our election night party will kick off once the polls close. Guest speakers, raffles, and more will start the evening as the results roll in live. Results for other races will be displayed as well. Join us at the Yucca Tap Room from 7 pm and beyond at 29 W Southern Ave, Tempe, AZ 85282. Thank you. See you out on the battlefield. http://www.freetempe.com/
· Supt Of Public Instruction Candidate Diane Douglas: I urgently need your help today! Our radio ads are off the air and WE NEED TO RAISE THE REST OF OUR SEED MONEY as soon as possible. We must get back on the airwaves. If you have already contributed the maximum of $160 - thank you. If you have not yet donated, please send any amount from $16 to $160 so we can reach Election Day voters with our message. My primary opponent will stop at nothing to cling to power. He is now using state resources to send out his political message. We cannot let him get away with this. Please send from $16 to $160 right now and help us get back on air. If you will be out of town on the Primary Election Day (Aug 26) or you will be unable to vote at the polls for any reason, please contact your County Recorder to find out how to get an Early Ballot or for a list of Early Voting locations. Please join us for one or more of our upcoming events and invite your friends. To keep up with the latest news, please join us on Facebook, Twitter, or Instagram. Thank you for your support and don't forget to tell your friends about our campaign.We are still accepting donations for seed money. Click here if you would like to contribute. The maximum is $160 but any amount is welcome.
· CD9 Candidate Wendy Rogers: We’re now just two weeks away from Election Day and your generous support has ensured that we’re finishing strong! Our team has been making calls, knocking doors, and stuffing envelopes to spread the word, but we need to keep that momentum going all the way through the August 26th primary. Will you chip in $14, $140, or more now to help us close strong over the final 14 days of this campaign and to ensure we have the resources necessary to continue sharing our message with voters across Arizona’s 9th Congressional District? It all comes down to these final few days. I will beat Kyrsten Sinema in 12 weeks and together we’ll hold her accountable for failing to lead and for always putting her liberal politics ahead of her constituents. It’s unacceptable, and it’s time for a new direction. I’m ready, are you? Chip in $14, $140, or more now and help us take another important step toward winning the August 26th primary and defeating Kyrsten Sinema in November.