- ► June (26)
- ► May (31)
- ► April (24)
- ► March (27)
- ► February (28)
- ► January (31)
- ► December (29)
- ► November (30)
- ► October (31)
- ► September (32)
- ► August (31)
- ► July (31)
- ► June (30)
- ► May (30)
- ► April (30)
- ► March (31)
- ► February (28)
- ► January (31)
- ► December (30)
- ► November (29)
- ► October (31)
- ► September (29)
- ► August (32)
- ► July (25)
- ► June (21)
- ► May (31)
- ► April (30)
- ► March (30)
- ► February (29)
- ► January (31)
- ► December (28)
- ► November (30)
- ► October (32)
- ► September (29)
- ▼ August (32)
- ► July (31)
- ► June (27)
- ► May (31)
- ► April (36)
- ► March (42)
- ► February (35)
- ► January (34)
- ► December (39)
- ► November (35)
- ► October (42)
- ► September (37)
- ► August (35)
- ► July (37)
- ► June (37)
- ► May (21)
- ► April (33)
- ► March (39)
- ► February (36)
- ► January (38)
- ► December (39)
- ► November (32)
- ► October (37)
- ► September (39)
- ► August (42)
Briefs Editor Frosty Taylor firstname.lastname@example.org
Web Master John Strasser
August 13, 2014
· MCRC Chairman A J LaFaro: Per My Request, Maricopa County Elections Team Members were kind enough to develop an Online Poll Watcher (aka Political Observer) Workshop our Poll Watcher volunteers can watch at their convenience prior to the August 26th Primary and November 4th General Elections. Please read the instructions below before accessing the workshop:
o 1. The workshop takes a couple of minutes to load so be patient
o 2. Once loaded, the workshop automatically starts and advances by itself
o 3. Do not try stopping the workshop. You might get a "script error" and the workshop will freeze up
Watch the workshop in its entirety as many times as you want. If you have any technical difficulties or questions after watching the workshop, please feel free to contact Daniel Ruiz II, Director of Public Affairs, Maricopa County Recorder’s Office & Elections Department at 602-506-1270 or email@example.com Poll Watcher volunteers need to contact their LD Chairmen and request Chairman LaFaro's original signed letter of appointment. Chairman LaFaro requires all Poll Watcher volunteers be current elected or appointed Republican Precinct Committeemen. http://recorder.maricopa.gov/web/politicalobserverworkshop.htm My deepest appreciation to Maricopa County Elections Team Members - Daniel Ruiz II, Berta Ramirez, Linda Weedon and Kristi Passarelli for taking the time from their very busy election schedule to develop this workshop. My heartfelt thanks to all of the MCRC volunteers who are working tirelessly during this election. - J. LaFaro, Chairman, Maricopa County Republican Committee (MCRC)
· CD1 Candidate Adam Kwasman of Oro Valley is holding a news conference at 11 am, Thur., Aug 14 to provide information related to the status of his health at the lobby of the Arizona House of Representatives, 1700 W. Washington St, Phoenix, Arizona 85007 – directly in front of House Hearing Room 1.
· Arizona Corporation Candidate Doug Little: “Last night I had the opportunity to speak at the New River/Desert Hills Community Association Candidate Forum. A great group of concerned voters from all political parties...a good crowd came out despite the huge rainstorms. Thanks to Alan Muller, President, NRDHCA and Jenna Kollings, CEO of the Anthem Community Council for putting on a great event.”
· Sen Kimberly Lee did an in-studio interview with Hugh Hewitt, nationally syndicated radio host.
· LD13 Chairman Robert Branch: “Two F35 just flew over my house. These were the first that I seen since they arrived at Luke AFB. Welcome to Luke AFB F35s!”
LD21 Rep Debbie Lesko addresses EPCOR in Sun City, Sun City West: We need to fight this! “I am I am adamantly opposed to the full consolidation wastewater scenario provided by EPCOR. An increase of 89 percent to Sun City and Youngtown waste water rates is absolutely unacceptable, and I will do everything in my power to stop this proposal from taking effect.” See epcor restructing would hike Sun City, SCW wastewater rates
· Former Rep Terri Proud: Has anyone noticed that all the Legislators that Gov. Jan Brewer is attacking in this upcoming elections are solid Christians...youth pastor Rep. Steve Montenegro, David Gowan, David Stevens etc? Coincidence? I think not! I'm tired of evil government ruling this land. Enough Already.
· Sharp eyed Caleb Webb noticed two gubernatorial candidates talking to each other as he mingled among a crowd last night… Turned out to be Republican Ken Bennett and Dem candidate Fred DuVal. Yeah, Webb got his photo taken with the two pols.
· Councilman Sal DiCiccio, Congressman Matt Salmon, Congressman David Schweikert, Nick Bastian, Rudy Campbell, Laura Knaperek, Christen and Michael Monti, Greg Patterson, Onnie Shekerjian and Angie Taylor Thornton are hosting a Countdown to Victory Reception Supporting DickForeman for Tempe City Council between 5:30-7 pm, Tues, Aug 20 at Monti's La Casa Vieja, 100 South Mill Ave., Tempe, AZ 85281. Tickets: $50 each, $100 – host committee, $250 –event co-chair. RSVP to: Tysen Schlink at 480-789-9869 or firstname.lastname@example.org donate online by clicking here
· The United Phoenix Firefighters Association is hosting a fundraising cookout to benefit the families of Phoenix Firefighter Gary Johnstone and Trevor Crouse from 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. on Friday, Aug. 15, at the Irish Cultural Center, 1106 N. Central Ave. in Phoenix. Johnstone and Crouse died this week from falls in Echo Canyon. Visit https://www.phoenix.gov/news/fire/277.
· Today Chairman Robert Graham of the Arizona Republican Party called upon registered voters to ensure their ballots are cast and their voices heard in this month’s election. “We have a historic opportunity to select a governor in a seat that has been held by incumbents since 2002. We have well-qualified Republican candidates with experiences in Congress, business, law enforcement and public service. Please make sure to cast a vote the Republican candidate you feel has the experience and values you seek,” said Graham. “This is an opportunity that doesn’t come around very often — make your voice heard and encourage your friends and family to get out to vote.” As of August 12 the number of voters who cast ballots in the Republican primary totaled 113,251 statewide, with 98,439 from registered Republicans and 14,812 from non-partisan voters. The number of independent voters participating in the Republican primary is expected to far exceed those participating in the Democrat primary. Many voters have learned that the Democrat ballot has just a single candidate for nomination for governor, secretary of state, and attorney general — and instead prefer to vote for one of the six candidates competing heavily for the nomination for governor on the Republican ballot. The Republican ballot also has three choices for secretary of state, two for attorney general and three for state treasurer. The Democrats did not field a candidate for state treasurer. “The Democrat ballot in Arizona is useless,” Graham added.
· URGENT- The MCRC Needs To Provide At Least 20 Unpaid Volunteers to officially observe the early ballot counting at Maricopa County Elections beginning on Wednesday, August 20th lasting through Saturday, August 30th. We need to have 2 volunteers observing at all times throughout the day. The early ballot counting will be conducted all day, every day at the Elections - MCTEC Office, 510 S. Third Ave., Phoenix AZ 85003, 602-506-1511. Please e-mail Chairman LaFaro your name, address, telephone number, e-mail address and the day(s) you are willing to work. email@example.com A J LaFaro – Maricopa County Republican Chairman
· Maricopa County Elections is still needs Republican Poll Workers for Legislative District (LD)17, LD24, LD26, LD27 and LD28. In addition LD13, LD17, LD23 and LD26 need Bilingual Republican Poll Workers. Anyone interested in being a poll worker in these Legislative Districts needs to contact, as quickly as possible, Colleen Redmond, Board Worker Recruiter Supervisor, Maricopa County Elections, at firstname.lastname@example.org or 602-372-3713. Thanks. A. J. LaFaro - Chairman, Maricopa County Republican Committee (MCRC)
· LD19 Write-In Senate Candidate Joe Hobbs has announced the Final Push for Early Seed Money this week. Donations can come from inside/outside LD19. Checks must be made payable to Hobbs4AZ, and can be up to $160 per individual (a single check of $320 per household if both spouses sign the check). Supporters can visit www.hobbs4az.com and donate electronically using PayPal by clicking on the “DONATE” button. Funds are needed for a few strategic yard signs and collaterals for the last ten days of the Primary campaign. “We are in it to win it. Thank you very much,” said an enthusiastic Hobbs. 480-381-2380 email@example.com
· ATTN: Candidates/LD leaders/Group Chairman: If you have sent events or announcements to Briefs that have not been posted (except endorsements) or that I have not responded to, please resend them. Messages can be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org If I do not respond with “thx” within 24 hours, please resend – using one or all of the above e-dressses. I’d rather get duplications than not receive your e-mails.
· Republican Candidate Announcements, fundraiser, neighborhood walks and other events can be sent to email@example.com for posting in the Briefs. In fairness to all GOP primary candidates, Briefs does not post endorsements, nor does it endorse any GOP candidates prior to the primary. See Briefs at Http://Archives.Mcrcbriefs.Org/
AUG 14 EVENTS
· The LD12 Candidate Round Table Is Scheduled At 7 Pm, Thur., Aug 14 in the South Valley Junior High School Cafeteria, 2034 South Lindsay Road, Gilbert, AZ 85295. Candidates expected include Ken Bennett, Scott Smith, Diane Douglas, John Huppenthal, Justin Pierce, Wil Cardon, Michele Reagan, Tom Horne, Jeff Dewit, Hugh Hallman, Randy Pullen, Eddie Farnsworth, Warren Petersen, Lucy Mason and all seven Gilbert Town Council Candidates.
· Gubernatorial Candidate Christine Jones will address the Brown Bag Lunch Series at the Green Valley Republican Headquarters at noon, Thurs., Aug 14, at Green Valley Village, Suite 70, I-19 Exit 65-Continental Road.
· A Meet And Greet For Justice Of The Peace Candidate Darryl Jacobson-Barnes will be hosted from 6-8 pm, Aug 14 by Steve Hayhurst, 1858 E Caroline Line, Tempe, 85284. RSVP: Jacobson.firstname.lastname@example.org or Shayhurst5@gmail.com. 602-620-2891. Suggested donations $50 per person or $100per couple.
AUG 15 EVENTS
· Congressman Paul Gosar’s staff will hold office hours from 1-3:30 pm, Aug 15 at Gila County Supervisor Tommie Martin’s Office, 610 East Highway 260, Payson, AZ 85547
· A Welcome To The New Neighborhood Reception for Gilbert City Councilman Victor Petersen and his family with special guests Sen President Andy Biggs and representatives Eddie Farnsworth and Warren Petersen is scheduled at 7 pm, Fri., Aug 15 at the home of Becky and Rick McDowell, 2762 E Villa Park Ct., Gilbert 85298. Host Committee consists of the McDowells, Vonda Guttery, Micki Niland, Cheryl & Ernie Harrold and Lalani & Nate Hunsake.
· A ‘Women Warriors Of The Senate’ Fundraiser, featuring scrumptious homemade dessert by LD22 Sen Judy Burges, LD14 Sen Gail Griffin, LD15 Sen Nancy Bartos, LD21 Rep Debbie Lesko, LD15 Sen Kelli Ward and LD20 Sen Kimberly Yee will be held from 4:30-6:30 pm at the home of Susie Stevens, 6116 N 38th Place, Paradise Valley, AZ 85253. Meet the fantastic incumbent ‘Women Warriors’ candidates, enjoy a tasting contest, watch cooking demos and meet several 2014 Arizona Miss winners with their crowns/sashes. Hostess Committee: Janna Day, Shelby Fletcher, Molly Greene, Deb Gullett, Becky Hill, Gretchen Kitchel, Laura Knaperek, Courtney LeVinus, Emily Ryan, Kathy Senseman and Susie Stevens. RSVP to Stevens by Aug 15 at email@example.com If you can’t make the event, contributions can be sent to them individually at:
o Judy Burges - P. O. Box 5361, Sun City West, AZ 85376
o Nancy Barto for Senate - P.O. Box 71297 Phoenix, AZ 85050
o Gail Griffin for Senate 2014 - PO Box 628 Hereford, AZ 85615
o Debbie Lesko - P.O. Box 5292 Peoria AZ 85385
o Kelli Ward - 1990 McCulloch Blvd. #D-228, Lake Havasu City, AZ 86403
o Kimberly Yee for Arizona - P.O. BOX 83561 Phoenix, AZ 85071.
AUG 16 EVENTS
· Dr. Carl Goldberg Will Address “What Non-Moslems Need To KnowAbout Islam, and Why” between 9:45-noon, Sat., Aug 16 at the North Scottsdale Christian Church, 28700 N Pima Rd., Scottsdale AZ 85266. Gubernatorial Candidate Frank Riggs is also scheduled to speak. Steve Kates will broadcast live at noon (KFNX 1100 AM)
· The Fountain Hills Republican Club will meet at 9 am, Sat., Aug 16 at the FH Community Center to hear Maricopa County Attorney Bill Montgomery, Trevor Lake (Heritage Action for America) and Carlos Alfaro (LIBRE) organization)
AUG 17 EVENTS
LD17 Republican Party of Chandler, Sun Lakes and Gilbert is hosting a dinner Fundraiser for Chandler City Council Candidates at 7:30 pm, Aug 17 at the El Zocolo Cantina in Downtown Chandler. Suggested $200 donation. Contact: Dr. Shadow Asgari at: firstname.lastname@example.org
· A Gubernatorial Candidate Debate is scheduled at 5:30 pm, Aug 18 at Northern Arizona University's Cline Library in Flagstaff, co-hosted by Flagstaff City Councilman Jeff Oravits.
WHAT CANDIDATES ARE SAYING:
· Attorney General Incumbent Tom Horne: As your Attorney General, I’m proud of our accomplishments over the past four years. We’ve fought federal overreach, and won. We’ve dismantled drug cartels, protected women and children from the horrors of human trafficking, and helped homeowners during the mortgage crisis. I’m fed up at my opponent and his establishment allies at the distortions and outright lies they have leveled against me and the great people that work at the Arizona Attorney General’s Office. My opponent is willing to say and do anything to win. He’s sold out to the establishment. While I continue to be an independent Attorney General, he’ll be the lapdog of the open borders, special interest crowd funding his campaign. While I fought to secure the border and have beaten the Obama Administration in court on SB 1070, Mark Brnovich has been a senior fellow at a think tank that has advocated amnesty and open borders. He donated to the campaign of Pete Rios – a premier open border advocate. I have spent the last 14 years serving the public, Mark found a way to double dip. While supposedly serving the public as a prosecutor, he was also a lobbyist for private prisons. I’m still unclear on why this wasn’t a conflict of interest. While it may not have been illegal, it surely is very unethical. Do you approve of the job Tom Horne is doing? Then help him get re-elected! This primary election couldn’t be more important. I’m the clear conservative in the race. You can choose an independent Attorney General who has a proven track record of fighting to protect all Arizonans or you can choose the candidate that has sold out to liberal, special interest. To contribute click here.
· LD25 Senate Candidate Ralph Heap: I am a political novice and continue to be amazed by the political process. As a conservative, I knew I would be a target for the special interests profiting from government expansion. Obamacare is big government. The expansion of Medicaid will be a financial burden that will inevitably compromise our ability to fund key state commitments. Tax increases will not be avoidable. I am being accused of hypocrisy because I am willing to treat Medicaid patients. Facts: I do not have a private medical practice. I spent 18 months (at my own expense) on a medical mission to Africa and upon my return I went to work for Physicians Group of Arizona. I receive a salary and I am not involved in contracting with any patient group. I see the patients assigned to me by my employers. There are no monies directly paid to me from any insurance company or government agency. These facts can be easily checked. The idea that doctors are making big money from Medicaid is laughable. The ads have been comic relief for my beleaguered colleagues. The typical Medicaid payment is about 70% of Medicare. Medicaid payments barely cover an Orthopedic Surgeons overhead. I am one of a very small number of Surgeons in the East Valley willing to care for these patients. This is not the profile of a doctor trying to enrich himself at the taxpayers expense. I will not waver from my commitment to those conservative principles that are the foundation of this great country. See conservative vs liberal
· LD28 House Candidate Mary Hamway: Thanks to your support, my campaign continues to gain momentum Yesterday, the Yellow Sheet said the following:
Another bright spot for the business community may be in LD28, where Brophy McGee is expected to cruise to a GOP nomination – and one group's poll shows that she likely will be joined by Mary Hamway, not the more conservative Shawnna Bolick, which may give Republicans the best chance they've had in years to capture both House seats in the district come November. This is great news for the campaign, but I need your support to keep the momentum going. Please consider a donation to my campaign by clicking here. My opponent continues to hide behind dark money instead of focusing on the issues that will move our state forward. Just yesterday, my opponent's dark money cronies sent another deceptive mailer to voters - their fourth negative mailer since early voting began. Will you help me fight back against these attacks by making a donation? I greatly appreciate your support and generosity throughout my campaign.
· LD25 Senate Candidate Ralph Heap: I wanted to share with you our new TV ad that started today. Thanks to the strong support of donors who want to see real conservative leadership in the Arizona State Senate, we are set to run the ad until election day. With less than two weeks until election day, I could not be more pleased with the overwhelming amount of support our campaign has received. It's clear voters want a common sense conservative who is committed to smaller government, secure borders, and a strong economy. Voters don't want another two years of higher taxes, the expansion of Obamacare, and amnesty for illegal immigrants, which is exactly what they've gotten from Bob Worsely, and they know that this is exactly what they will get for another two years with a vote for Bob Worsely Now Bob knows that, and that's why he and his liberal allies are doing what every liberal incumbent does when they know voters are tired of their liberal record - they lie. It's unfortunate, but not unexpected. Bob really has no choice. He knows he can't run on his record because it's so far to the left of what voters want from their State Senator. It's a desperate ploy, but then again, I'm running against a desperate politician. If you want your next State Senator to be common sense conservative who will fight for your values in the State Senate, then I need your vote. If you are an early voter, please remember to send in your ballot. If you are a poll voter, remember that election day is just 13 days away. Thank You,
· CD2 Candidate Martha McSally: Instead of standing up for Southern Arizona families, Politician Ron Barber is committed to a harmful partisan agenda. Following President Obama's lead, Barber put politics ahead of our families when he opposed giving working moms the same flexibility to take paid time off that government bureaucrats have, failing once again to stand up for us. "Ron Barber's allegiance to his politician backers and their harmful partisan agenda knows no limits. Instead of doing the right thing by standing up for hardworking families, he fell in line with President Obama's partisan agenda, ensuring his deep-pocketed politician friends will keep the campaign money flowing," said McSally Campaign Spokesman Patrick Ptak. "In this critical time, we need a representative who will work for us, not Washington. Martha McSally is committed to service and has shown she can be counted on to do the right thing, no matter the personal cost." In May 2013, the House passed with bipartisan support The Working Families Flexibility Act to give private-sector workers the choice of paid time off in lieu of overtime wages for extra hours worked. Ron Barber opposed this common-sense legislation, once again putting the wishes of his Democrat politician backers ahead of Southern Arizona families. Source: Barber voted against giving flexibility to working moms (H.R. 1406, Roll Call #137, 5/8/2013 ).
· CD28 House Candidate Shawnna Bolick: If you've seen the e-mails or attack ads put out recently by my opponent, Mary Hamway, you wouldn't recognize me. My favorite is Mary's silly assertion that I lobbied against veterans at the State Legislature. I've never directly lobbied on anything at the State Capitol, and I strongly support the courageous men and women who served our country. Mary is obsessed with "dark money." Lots of groups have weighed in - including union-backed hit pieces against me - but the law forbids candidates from being involved with any of them. Mary has sent out divisive attack ads against me. The last thing Mary Hamway wants to do is to discuss the issues. I've tried to run an issues-oriented campaign. My opponent has sent out emails and mail pieces that attack my character. Integrity, honesty, and passion. I don’t consider these as character flaws. Mary supported huge tax increases on the Paradise Valley Town Council by more than 50%. I believe Arizonans are already taxed enough. While I stand by my beliefs that expanding ObamaCare’s Medicaid is the wrong way to get people access to health care, my opponent supports it. It is estimated to cost Arizona $154 million in its first year of implementation? I prefer alternatives that will not put our state's budget at the disposal of the federal government. She is supporting President Obama’s policies. I’ve been knocking on doors and speaking with you- the voters- to hear what matters most to you. Why? The future of our children. I have worn out two pairs of walking shoes.
· Kyrene Justice Of The Peace Candidate John Mccomish: The Primary Election is less than two weeks away. I humbly ask for your vote in the upcoming Primary Election on August 26th. If you haven’t requested your early ballot yet, the deadline is August 15th at 5:00 p.m. You can request one here. If you’re voting on Election Day, you can find your polling place here. Please share this message with your friends and family. Many Arizona elections are decided in the Primary Election alone. As always, my door is open to your questions, concerns and issues, so please feel free to contact me at any time. Thank you again for your support and confidence.
· Independents-Surging-To-Get-Early-Ballots Laurie Roberts
MARINE SGT. ANDREW TAHMOORESSI (Jailed In MX)
· AZ Border Defenders Updated Daily
· Need2NoBorder News Watch
· Letter: Gun Control Petition Won’t Prevent Crime | Las Vegas Review-Journal Firearms Dealer discusses petition proposal in NV
· Friends Indeed 22 State Attorneys General Join Pro Second Amendment Brief in SAFE Act Appeal Nevada is not on the list because the NV Attorney General is a member of Michaels Bloomberg’s “Mayors Against Illegal Guns”…as are the mayors or Las Vegas and Carson City.
· Moveon-Criticizes-Hillary-Clintons-Foreign-Policy-Proposals Ouch: Liberal Media Outlet MoveOn.org Just Slapped Hillary Clinton In The Face "...think long and hard..."
COMMON CORE/AGENDA 21
SECRETARY OF STATE
· State-Department-Stranded-American-In-Liberia-Amid Ebola Fears U.S. citizen tested negative but was unable to get treatment or leave country
· Free-Federal-Lunch-Money-= No-Nanny-Menus It is happening all over the country. Public schools are pulling out of the federal lunch program. They are walking away from the subsidies.
· School-Rejects-Michelle-Lunch Why? Simple: the kids will not eat the federal lunches. They toss out the food.