- ► July (26)
- ► June (30)
- ► May (31)
- ► April (24)
- ► March (27)
- ► February (28)
- ► January (31)
- ► December (29)
- ► November (30)
- ► October (31)
- ► September (32)
- ► August (31)
- ► July (31)
- ► June (30)
- ► May (30)
- ► April (30)
- ► March (31)
- ► February (28)
- ► January (31)
- ► December (30)
- ► November (29)
- ► October (31)
- ► September (29)
- ► August (32)
- ► July (25)
- ► June (21)
- ► May (31)
- ► April (30)
- ► March (30)
- ► February (29)
- ► January (31)
- ► December (28)
- ► November (30)
- ► October (32)
- ► September (29)
- ▼ August (32)
- ► July (31)
- ► June (27)
- ► May (31)
- ► April (36)
- ► March (42)
- ► February (35)
- ► January (34)
- ► December (39)
- ► November (35)
- ► October (42)
- ► September (37)
- ► August (35)
- ► July (37)
- ► June (37)
- ► May (21)
- ► April (33)
- ► March (39)
- ► February (36)
- ► January (38)
- ► December (39)
- ► November (32)
- ► October (37)
- ► September (39)
- ► August (42)
Briefs Editor Frosty Taylor email@example.com
Web Master John Strasser
August 15, 2014
· Conservative-Icon-Still-Going-Strong-At-90 Happy Birthday Phyllis Schlafly - Known as the “Iron Lady” of American conservatives by enemies on the left and the “first lady” by the right, she may be the most durable icon of any political movement, with a career that has spanned seven decades dating back to Harry Truman. Schlafly’s career as a grassroots organizer, prolific author, constitutional lawyer and circuit-riding speaker began in 1946.
· As Of 3:10 Pm, Fri., Aug 15, The Maricopa County Election Department shows of the total 929,281 Early Ballots (EB) mailed out -- 146,999 Republican EBs have been returned. Of those 929,281 EBs mailed out, 560, 606 were Republican EBs ( includes Independents and Party Not Designated who requested Republican EBs), according to MCRC Chairman A J LaFaro. The Elections Dept says 880,000 were initially mailed out on July 31, 2014.
· Early Voters Be Sure To Mail Your Ballots in so they are in the Recorder’s office by Thurs., Aug 22. The sooner your ballot is in the Recorder’s office, the sooner you name is removed from those pesky robo calls.
· Republican Activist Jack Caldwell passed away this afternoon. “Jack was a long time volunteer at Yuma County Republican Headquarters, and in fact ran it for a few years. He didn't think so, but he did. Jack was a magnanimous, knowledgeable, insightful, witty, and patient man who was a joy to work with. He was the backbone of this place, and we all relied on him. Jack is already missed. Headquarters is not the same without him,” reports YCR Secretary Lorna Brooks. Arrangements tba.
· In Answer To A Question: Yes, gubernatorial candidate Frank Riggs is a member of the Arizona State Rifle and Pistol Association aka ASRPA, as well as the National Rifle Association (NRA) and shoots along with his wife and family.
· The Yuma County Republicans will meet at 7 pm, Tues, Aug 29 at Booth Machinery. Speakers are LD13 incumbent Senator Don Shooter of Yuma, and LD13 incumbent House candidates Steve Montenegro and Darin Mitchell. Contact: YRC Secretary Lorna Brooks 928-317-9120 firstname.lastname@example.org
· Gubernatorial Candidate Frank Riggs will be walking in the Payson Rodeo Parade and attending the 130th Annual "World’s Oldest Continuous Rodeo" afterwards. The parade starts at 9 am. , Sat, Aug 16. Riggs marchers should meet at the intersection of Oak and Summit Streets at 8:15 am.
· LD2 Meets At 10 Am, Sat., Aug 16 at 19th Hole, 111 S. La Canada, Green Valley.
· LD3 Meets At 9 Am, Sat., Aug 16 at the Golden Corral, Valencia & Midvale Park Rds., Tucson
· Sen John McCain will hold a town hall with Raytheon employees at 2 pm, Tues, Aug 19 in Tucson.
· A Photographic History Of The Late Margot Wittenburg will be viewed at the 6:30 pm, Mon., Aug 18 Arizona Project meeting at 3375 E Shea Blvd, Phx. Then they will participate in "Promoting the Culture of Life - A New Health Care Initiative" with Dana Cody, Executive Director of Life Legal Defense Foundation. AP Chr Ron Ludders 602.677.1496
· Destroying Political Signs is a Class 2 Misdemeanor (ARS 16-1019 –political signs http://www.azleg.gov/ars/16/01019.htm ) if caught and prosecuted. If you see someone destroying or messing with Republican political signs in Maricopa County , please photograph them and take the photos to the victims or send them to MCRC Chairman A J LaFaro email@example.com
· The Arrowhead Republican Women (ARW) will meet Wed, Sept 10 at Briarwood Country Club, 135th Ave & Meeker Blvd. in Sun City West. Check-in begins at 10:45 am, meeting begins promptly at 11:30 am. Cost for the luncheon which includes meal, meeting, and program is $20 payable by cash or check at time of arrival. The speaker will be Dr. C.T. Wright, founder of The Light of Hope Institute based in Fountain Hills, AZ. ARW is open to all Republican women. Republican men welcome as Associate members.
· Many Of You Are Using Barney Brenner’s rebar drivers to install your campaign signs. You’ll be happy to know that he now has rebar ‘extractors’ that let you pull the stakesout of the ground effortlessly and without bending them. Contact him at firstname.lastname@example.org
· The Maricopa County Air Quality Department announces its next Brown Bag series and Open House will be held at 7:30 am, Tues, Aug 26 at the department’s offices, 1001 N. Central Ave., Phoenix. Speaker: LiSa Kon, Permit Engineer, will address Permitting Essentials . The Brow Bag is open to the public at no charge. Limited seating requires RSVP to Ken Hooker at email@example.com The event is held at 1001 N. Central Ave., 9th floor classroom. (NE corner of Central Avenue and Roosevelt in downtown Phoenix). Visitor parking is available in the white, three-story parking garage next to our building. All visitors to the MCAQD office located at 1001 N. Central Ave, Phoenix, AZ will need to check-in at the reception area in suite 125. Then you may proceed to the 9th floor classroom for the Brown Bag.maricopa.gov/pr_detail.aspx
· A ‘Coffee With Congressman Paul Gosar’ will be held at 5 pm, Aug 28 at 27 E Hunt Hwy #12. Contact: Stephen Briggs Stephen.firstname.lastname@example.org 480-882- 2697
· A ‘March For Israel’ For Supporters Of Israel is planned at 8:30 pm., Sat., Aug 30 in downtown Tempe to support its right to defend itself. The group will gather at protest the Zia Records, 105 W University Dr and march in downtown Temp for 60 to 90 minutes, concluding at the park at Tempe Town Lake. Contact: Mike Renzulli, Group Organizer - Phoenix Objectivists http://phoenixobjectivists.blogspot.com
· Jeffrey Prather, Founder, Warrior School is the Speaker at the 11:30 am, Tues., Aug 19 Pima County Republican Club Luncheon at the Sabbar Shrine Temple, 450 S. Tucson Blvd. Lunch $11.
· Former Legislator Frank Antenori will address the Eastside Republican Club at 6:30 pm, Wed., Aug 20 at the Golf Links Library, Community Room, 9640 E Golf Links, Tucson
· Congressman Matt Salmon: Our government has a spending problem. I started my Shrink our Spending (SOS) Initiative earlier this year in an effort to make what should be easy cuts to wasteful and duplicative government programs. The purpose of this initiative was to find spending that was clearly wasteful or unconditionally duplicative that we should be able to agree is an easy cut. With our country over $17.7 trillion in debt, this shouldn’t be a difficult task. Over the past 5 months, I’ve identified 13 different programs that are worthy of this distinction and proposed bills to cut those programs and return their funds to the treasury. My thinking is simple, if we can’t cut these programs, how can we expect to make the cuts necessary to balance our budget and get our astronomical debt under control? Click here for a video update. With our country’s total debt now exceeding 100% of our GDP, the call couldn’t be more urgent. I’ve set up a special place on my website for you to submit your ideas on programs and agencies that are wasting tax dollars on duplicative or useless programs. When you send me your suggestions, my staff will get to work looking for ways we can cut those programs or defund those agencies to save money for Americans across our country. You can access the form here. With your help, we’ll make sure Washington does better with your money. For the most up-to-date information on my SOS program, http://salmon.house.gov/sos.
· ATTN: Candidates/LD leaders/Group Chairman: If you have sent events or announcements to Briefs that have not been posted (except endorsements) or that I have not responded to, please resend them. Messages can be sent to email@example.com firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com If I do not respond with “thx” within 24 hours, please resend – using one or all of the above e-dressses. I’d rather get duplications than not receive your e-mails.
· Republican Candidate Announcements, fundraiser, neighborhood walks and other events can be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org for posting in the Briefs. In fairness to all GOP primary candidates, Briefs does not post endorsements, nor does it endorse any GOP candidates prior to the primary. See Briefs at Http://Archives.Mcrcbriefs.Org/
AUG 16 EVENTS
· Dr. Carl Goldberg Will Address “What Non-Moslems Need To Know About Islam, and Why” between 9:45-noon, Sat., Aug 16 at the North Scottsdale Christian Church, 28700 N Pima Rd., Scottsdale AZ 85266. Steve Kates will broadcast live at noon (KFNX 1100 AM)
· The Fountain Hills Republican Club will meet at 9 am, Sat., Aug 16 at the FH Community Center to hear Maricopa County Attorney Bill Montgomery, Trevor Lake (Heritage Action for America) and Carlos Alfaro (LIBRE) organization)
· Congressman Paul Gosar invites you to volunteer with Adopt-A-Highway Clean-up from 9:30-11:30am, Sat, Aug 16 on Hwy 89, marker post 326 to 327, in Chino Valley, AZ 86323. RSVP to Julie Brown at (928) 445-1683. Gosar will not be able to attend this event but encourages everyone to participate in this worthy cause of keeping Arizona Beautiful. Bring gloves and wear long pants and boots. Garbage bags and safety vests will be provided. Park and meet at Chino Valley Chamber of Commerce, 175 E. Road 2 South, Chino Valley, AZ. This lot is right on the corner of Road 2 South, and is directly next to our starting spot at mile marker 326.
· The Arizona Game And Fish Department And the University Sustainability Practices at ASU are conducting a new educator workshop from 9 am –noon, Sat., Aug 16 at Desert Vista High School in Ahwatukee, for educators interested in building a wildlife-friendly habitat on their school grounds. Space is limited and registration is required. Additional details will be sent to all registered applicants. To register http://goo.gl/wwtr8e
AUG 17 EVENTS
LD17 Republican Party of Chandler, Sun Lakes and Gilbert is hosting a dinner Fundraiser for Chandler City Council Candidates at 7:30 pm, Aug 17 at the El Zocolo Cantina in Downtown Chandler. Suggested $200 donation. Contact: Dr. Shadow Asgari at: email@example.com
A ‘Candidate Sunday’ is scheduled at 10 am, Sun., Aug 17 at North Scottsdale Christian, 28700 N Pima Road, Scottsdale. Candidates welcome. Candidates can bring their banners, pamphlets, etc. Each candidate will traduce themselves in front of the congregation. Contact: Elizabeth at firstname.lastname@example.org to register.
· A Gubernatorial Candidate Debate is scheduled at 5:30 pm, Aug 18 at Northern Arizona University's Cline Library in Flagstaff, co-hosted by Flagstaff City Councilman Jeff Oravits.
AUG 19 EVENTS
· A ‘Women Warriors Of The Senate’ Fundraiser, featuring scrumptious homemade dessert by LD22 Sen Judy Burges, LD14 Sen Gail Griffin, LD15 Sen Nancy Barto, LD21 Rep Debbie Lesko, LD15 Sen Kelli Ward and LD20 Sen Kimberly Yee will be held from 4:30-6:30 pm, Tues, Aug 19 at the home of Susie Stevens, 6116 N 38th Place, Paradise Valley, AZ 85253. Meet the fantastic incumbent ‘Women Warriors’ candidates, enjoy a tasting contest, watch cooking demos and meet several 2014 Arizona Miss winners with their crowns/sashes. Hostess Committee: Janna Day, Shelby Fletcher, Molly Greene, Deb Gullett, Becky Hill, Gretchen Kitchel, Laura Knaperek, Courtney LeVinus, Emily Ryan, Kathy Senseman and Susie Stevens.
· The Fountain Hills AZ Tea Party. (3rd Tues- Aug 19) 6:30 PM., Fountain Hills Unified School District Learning Center, 16000 E Palisades Blvd. (Palisades Blvd. & Golden Eagle Blvd.). Speakers: Congressman David Schweikert; Secretary of State candidate Justin Pierce, and Fountain Hills Town Council candidates Lina Bellenir & Nick DePorter. Admission free; donations to offset expenses are welcome. Contact: Richard Rutkowski email@example.com www.fhteaparty.org
AUG 20 EVENTS
· The Western Pinal Republican Club will meet 5:30 pm, Aug 20 at Eva’s Fine Mexican Food, 2033 North Pinal Ave., Casa Grande, AZ 85122 to hear AZGOP Chairman Robert Graham and CD1 Victory Director Dallin Forrest. $10 – Hors d'oeuvre's and Refreshments . Other guests will include statewide candidates. RSVP firstname.lastname@example.org as Eva's does have an occupancy limit Contact: Teresa Ottesen Binder PR Coordinator 602-397-2007 email@example.com
· Councilman Sal DiCiccio, Congressman Matt Salmon, Congressman David Schweikert, Nick Bastian, Rudy Campbell, Laura Knaperek, Christen and Michael Monti, Greg Patterson, Onnie Shekerjian and Angie Taylor Thornton are hosting a Countdown to Victory Reception Supporting DickForeman for Tempe City Council between 5:30-7 pm, Tues, Aug 20 at Monti's La Casa Vieja, 100 South Mill Ave., Tempe, AZ 85281. Tickets: $50 each, $100 – host committee, $250 –event co-chair. RSVP to: Tysen Schlink at 480-789-9869 or firstname.lastname@example.org donate online by clicking here
WHAT CANDIDATES ARE SAYING:
Incumbent Attorney General Tom Horne: Conflict! A registered lobbyist for a private prison is now running for Attorney General. Dark money! It seems to be on everyone’s mind this primary. It’s no secret that millions of dollars have flooded many of the Republican races including the race for Arizona Attorney General. This should tell you: Our opponent’s backers are worried. Our opponent does not have a record to run on. Tom Horne has a plan for the next four years but a detailed list of his top achievements - like two Supreme Court wins and 15 dismantled drug cartels. Horne saved Arizonans millions of dollars and won millions in settlements. Our opponent can’t talk about his own record. If everyone found out that Mark Brnovich was a registered lobbyist for a private prison corporation/operator at the same time he was a prosecutor for the U.S. Attorney’s office putting people away in those same prisons, wouldn’t that call into question his ethics? Mark has demonstrated that he serves special interests. His lack of individual fundraising and dark money support proves it. Our opponent’s backers want to distract you from looking at their own open borders agenda that began with Brnovich’s support of Pete Rios, the premier open border advocate in the state. The same private prison organization Mark worked for makes millions of dollars from taxpayers holding illegal immigrants awaiting deportation. Tom Horne is in no one’s back pocket. He relies on the generous donations of individual supporters like you. Tom has demonstrated as Attorney General that he is tough, that he is a winner and that he is independent of special interests. Tom Horne serves the State and citizens of Arizona and no one else.
Gubernatorial Candidate Frank Riggs: It's been a whirlwind few days on the campaign trail as we've traveled the state, reached out to voters, shared our conservative message, and grown our team of supporters. Some highlights of the past few days : Anti-Common Core Moms Rallying Behind My Campaign: http://bit.ly/1sxPdxg On The Seth Leibsohn Show: http://bit.ly/1pwDOuV Our Team Continues To Grow: http://bit.ly/1qa5dPD On The Jim Sharpe Show: http://bit.ly/VpcYIX
· LD6 House Candidate Brenda Barton: I have stood up for rural Arizona and people have noticed. Thanks to your support the following are supporting and endorsing me. Because I have had so much support from you as I work to fight for our water and lands, I have been appointed to the Standing Joint Legislative Water Adjudication Monitoring Committee. The purpose of the committee is oversight and monitoring of Arizona's water agreement with the tribes. Please share this with 5 friends so we can bring more people to our cause. "Government should be on your side, not in your way." Join me today by donating $5, $10, $20, or $50 to my campaign and help me fight against Angela LeFevre and her progressive candidate!
· Attorney General incumbent Tom Horne: I am asking you to help Tom get his record of accomplishments out and expose his opponent’s desperate campaign tactics and the special interests that back him. Tom Horne is in no one’s back pocket. He relies on the generous donations of individual supporters like you. Tom has demonstrated as Attorney General that he is tough, that he is a winner and that he is independent of special interests. Tom Horne serves the State and citizens of Arizona and no one else. The primary election is less than two weeks away. It’s time to make a choice and spread the word. You can choose a conservative Attorney General who has a proven track record of fighting for all Arizonans or you can choose the candidate supported by liberal dark money interests. Stand with Tom by making a generous contribution to his campaign. No amount is too small and every dollar goes a long way to ensuring that we have a tough, thoughtful, and independent Attorney General. I appreciate your support and your vote for Tom Horne for Attorney General.
· Gubernatorial Candidate Ken Bennett: Arizona's future is in your hands! In less than two weeks, a relatively small group of voters will likely select the next Governor of Arizona. Will you be among those who will select our next leader? Less than 150,000 early ballots have been returned and your vote will make the difference. If you haven’t completed your early ballot yet, please fill it out and return it as soon as possible. If you vote at the polls, click here to find out where you will cast your ballot. The biggest threat to Arizona’s future is inexperienced leadership. Our economy remains extremely fragile and we have numerous complex issues facing our state. I’m the only candidate in the race who has combined a successful career in business with public service experience at the state, legislative AND local level. Our campaign is about doing what is right for Arizona and forging a partnership with its people in order to bring about a brighter future for the Copper state. Now, I need your help to change the direction of the state. We are currently scheduling volunteers to help spread the word about my vision for Arizona. I encourage those who are interested in helping contact us at email@example.com or call our volunteer hotline (480) 277-4628 to receive a list of targeted voters. Together we can help secure a brighter future by ensuring that the next Governor of Arizona is one that is experienced, principled and doesn't require on the job training!
· Secretary Of State Candidate Justin Pierce: A deceitful mail piece from Wil Cardon’s campaign was received by many today. Rep Justin Pierce commented, "Unfortunately, Wil Cardon has stooped to a new low in attacking political opponents. The truth is, Cardon’s recent e‐mails and the attack mail piece against me is defamatory and subjects him to further legal action. He has admitted on the record (Arizona Republic Editorial Board Interview) that he is merely speculating that APS has any involvement in my race. Wil Cardon's accusations are 100% false. Just last week Cardon admitted in an open forum that he doesn't believe I have anything to do with an independent group that has painted him in an unfavorable light. It is disappointing that Cardon has once again resorted to negative campaign attack tactics. Even worse than just negative campaign tactics is the fact that he is campaigning on a platform that completely contradicts the truth and goes against what he said last week.” Pierce concluded, “My campaign over these final two weeks will continue to be about the positive message of what I bring in background, education, and experience to the Arizona Secretary of State's office. I have confidence that the voters will see Cardon's campaigning for what it is, and give it no credence."
Chandler City Council Candidate Terry Roe: August 26th Is Election Day - If you can, please volunteer for an hour or two to hand out candidate information to election day voters. Early ballots are streaming in and there is evidence conservatives are getting it done! Volunteers Make A Difference - For all of their efforts I commend, and thank the volunteers from Legislative District 17 of the Republican party. Their contributions include walking door to door to promote Republican candidates - Getting the news out on Facebook - Throwing a meet and greet in support of Chandler candidates - and much more. Party Time - On election night (August 26th) there will be a party at Floridino's to watch the voting results and celebrate. We want to thank you for your support, so let me know if you can make it. That's it for now. Thank you for all you do. Yes I want to help make a difference right here in Chandler. My contribution will be used to promote Roe4chandler2014 Click Here to Donate Today
· CD9 Candidate Andrew Walter: We have an opportunity with Andrew to draw a clear-cut contrast with his issue-waffling primary opponent from Michigan, Wendy Rogers. Born in south Scottsdale, he went to ASU and led the Sun Devil football team for three years - later quarterbacking in the NFL. His field leadership marked him among the greatest players in ASU’s fabled football history. Andrew earned his bachelor and master degrees from ASU. After leaving the NFL, he worked for Mid-First Bank in Phoenix and then started his own investment firm. Scottsdale his home; he’s embedded in our communities. Andrew is committed, conservative stance on: (1) Illegal immigration - Andrew supports Congressman Matt Salmon’s plan on illegal immigration: secure the border; then deal with illegals. Under-aged children need repatriation with their parents in Central America. (2) Social Security - Andrew is committed to preserving Social Security. Wendy Rogers has said the program is “unconstitutional” and wants to “phase it out.” Rogers’ flip-flop renders her as “damaged goods” as a serious general election candidate. (3) Repealing Obamacare – Andrew supports repeal of the Obamacare legislation. He supports the purchase of health insurance across state lines allowing for mobility. He supports tax reform that expands tax-free contributions to Health Savings Accounts (HSAs), which can be used for any medically related expense. Wendy Rogers has already lost multiple races. She has waged a negative campaign based on falsehoods. We need a fresh face that can attract the plurality majority group in CD 9. He led the Sun Devils to victory and can strengthen our slate against the Democrats. We urge you to join us in voting for Andrew Walter in the Aug. 26 primary.
· CD2 Candidate Martha McSally: In a feat nearly unheard of for a challenger, Martha McSally announced today she out-raised her incumbent opponent for the fifth fundraising period in a row. McSally bested Barber by over $137,000, her largest margin to date, showing the incredible and growing support for new leadership in Southern Arizona."Ron Barber's campaign is slumping, and it's not hard to see why. Voters have had enough of politicians like him placing a partisan agenda ahead of their needs - and they want a change," said McSally Campaign Spokesman Patrick Ptak. "Martha continues to outpace her opponent because she has a clear record of standing up for what's right, and Southern Arizonans know she'll work for us, not Washington." McSally raised a total of $382,660 during the 37-day pre-primary fundraising period ending August 6th. Since filing her candidacy, she has out-raised incumbent Barber by nearly $400,000 ($2.19 million vs $1.80 million), a "rare feat" for a challenger. Barber continues to slump while consistently being labeled one of the most vulnerable Members of Congress
· Gubernatorial Candidate Scott Smith: With 11 days to go until Election Day, it's clear no matter what poll you look at or which pundit you talk to: Mayor Scott Smith has the momentum in this race and he's picking up more by the day. Statements/Releases: TV Ad: "Only One" Stories of the Week: Scott Smith on immigration Smith was good for Mesa, is good for Ariz. Governor poll of Maricopa voters The Skinny GOP rivals use Obama as weapon in primary Quote of the Week: The ad goes on to to say that Smith 'made Mesa one of the safest big cities in America.' . Smith became mayor of Mesa in 2008. In 2012, the FBI's Unified Crime Report found Mesa to be one of the safest cities in the country. It had the third lowest violent crime rate in the nation." - Lauren Gilger, ABC15
· Ducey-Leads-AZ-Primary-For-Governor Sean Nobel’s DC London Commissioned A GOP Primary Voter Statewide Poll Conducted By Harper Polling.
ALLEN B WEST
· Beware Of Doug Ducey By The Constitution Party
· Nra-Ila | Friends Indeed 22 State Attorneys General Join Pro Second Amendment Brief In Safe Act Appeal Nevada is not on the list because the NV Attorney General is a member of Michaels Bloomberg’s “Mayors Against Illegal Guns”.
· US-History-Takes-Drastic-Left-Turn-This-Fall Just like “common core” the Second Amendment is misconstrued.
· Workshops held for lead ammunition ban for hunting This was done to “protect” the Condors in California. Condors have been transplanted in northern AZ, some are already calling for bans in north AZ and in Utah. Not that far from Nevada as far as a condor flies.
FIRST AMENDENT – FREE SPEECH
· Abercrombie-Becomes-First-Hawaii-Governor-To Lose-Primary-Election The Governor Who May Have Covered Up Obama’s Birth Certificate Just Got Betrayed By His Own People...some notoriety for his role in the ongoing debate over the authenticity of Obama’s birth certificate.
SECRETARY OF STATE