- ► February (26)
- ► January (31)
- ► December (29)
- ► November (30)
- ► October (31)
- ► September (32)
- ► August (31)
- ► July (31)
- ► June (30)
- ► May (30)
- ► April (30)
- ► March (31)
- ► February (28)
- ► January (31)
- ► December (30)
- ► November (29)
- ► October (31)
- ► September (29)
- ► August (32)
- ► July (25)
- ► June (21)
- ► May (31)
- ► April (30)
- ► March (30)
- ► February (29)
- ► January (31)
- ► December (28)
- ► November (30)
- ► October (32)
- ► September (29)
- ▼ August (32)
- ► July (31)
- ► June (27)
- ► May (31)
- ► April (36)
- ► March (42)
- ► February (35)
- ► January (34)
- ► December (39)
- ► November (35)
- ► October (42)
- ► September (37)
- ► August (35)
- ► July (37)
- ► June (37)
- ► May (21)
- ► April (33)
- ► March (39)
- ► February (36)
- ► January (38)
- ► December (39)
- ► November (32)
- ► October (37)
- ► September (39)
- ► August (42)
Briefs Editor Frosty Taylor firstname.lastname@example.org
Web Master John Strasser
August 16, 2014
· Early Voters Be Sure To Mail Your Ballots in so they are in the Recorder’s office by 5 pm, Tues., Aug 26. The sooner your ballot is in the Recorder’s office, the sooner you name is removed from those pesky robo calls.
· The Arizona Republican Party Primary Election Night Party is scheduled at the Hyatt Regency Hotel, 122 North Second Street, Phoenix, AZ 85014. Doors open at 6:30 pm.
· The Western Pinal Republican Club (WPRC) will be holding their CD 1 candidate meet and greet for local, county and state candidates this Wed, Aug 20. All candidates will have time to give their stump speech and talk with the people of Pinal County. The event starts at 5:30 at Eva's Fine Mexican Food in Casa Grande. For more information please e-mail email@example.com or 602-397-2007 for more information.
The Yuma County Republicans will meet at 7 pm, Tues, Aug 26 at Booth Machinery. Speakers are LD13 incumbent Senator Don Shooter of Yuma, and LD13 incumbent House candidates Steve Montenegro and Darin Mitchell. Contact: YRC Secretary Lorna Brooks 928-317-9120 firstname.lastname@example.org
· CD2 Candidate Shelley Kais will hold her election night party at McMahon’s Steakhouse, 2969 S. Swan, Tucson Details to follow
· CD2 Candidate Martha McSally’s camp will be watching the returns at her campaign headquarters at 4400 E Brodway, Suite 510 in Tucson.
· LD5 Sen Kelli Ward spent the day hanging out at the Mohave County Republican Club Picnic. Keeping up with her schedule would exhaust the energizer bunny!
· A Black And Yellow Mailer sent out by the Arizona Liberty Alliance PAC labeling LD13 incumbent Rep Darin Mitchell as a liberal supporting amnesty has stirred a furor in the district that reaches from Phoenix to Yuma, from Wickenburg to Buckeye. It is common knowledge that his conservative voting record is ranked #1 in the Arizona House by the Goldwater Institute and Americans for Prosperity.
· The Arrowhead Republican Women (ARW) will meet Wed, Sept 10 at Briarwood Country Club, 135th Ave & Meeker Blvd. in Sun City West. Check-in begins at 10:45 am, meeting begins promptly at 11:30 am. Cost for the luncheon which includes meal, meeting, and program is $20 payable by cash or check at time of arrival. Reservations required by Sept 5 at email@example.com The speaker will be Dr. C.T. Wright, founder of The Light of Hope Institute based in Fountain Hills, AZ. ARW is open to all Republican women. Republican men welcome as Associate members.
· Gubernatorial Candidate Andy Thomas was interviewed this week by Jim Sharpe on KFYI and Seth Leibsohn on KKNT/The Patriot.
· Gubernatorial Candidate Ken Bennett also spent the day at the Mohave County GOP picnic in Kingman and was in Globe at 6 pm to visit the Cobre Valley Republican Club.
· Gubernatorial Candidate Frank Riggs participated in the parade in Payson this morning.
· Destroying Political Signs is a Class 2 Misdemeanor (ARS 16-1019 –political signs http://www.azleg.gov/ars/16/01019.htm ) if caught and prosecuted. If you see someone destroying or messing with Republican political signs in Maricopa County , please photograph them and take the photos to the victims or send them to MCRC Chairman A J LaFaro firstname.lastname@example.org
· Many Of You Are Using Barney Brenner’s rebar drivers to install your campaign signs. You’ll be happy to know that he now has rebar ‘extractors’ that let you pull the stakesout of the ground effortlessly and without bending them. Contact him at email@example.com
· Mohave County Supervisor Buster Johnson has a fun contest going. “In conjunction with the International Route 66 Festival and the hosting city of Kingman, the County has initiated the Mohave County Passport program. This program is a chance for residents and visitors alike to see some of the beautiful assets our county has to offer,” Johnson said. The object is to obtain at least six of the 11 participating locations’ stamps listed in the Passport Booklet; however, you are encouraged to visit all 21 locations. To obtain a copy of the booklet on the internet go to www.mohavecounty.us and click on the International Route 66 Festival icon in the upper right of the screen. Print the booklet and stamp collection sheet and begin a fun journey through Mohave County. Once you have completed your journey, cut out the stamp collection page, complete the information on the back and return it to the City Manager, City of Kingman, 310 N. 4th Street, Kingman, AZ 86401 by Sept 5.The grand prize is $1,000, second prize is $600 and third prize is $400. The winner will be drawn at the Mohave County Fair on Sept 13, 2014. Winner need not be present to win. “The “Passport” is a fun way to see Mohave County and I want to thank Unisource Energy and Frontier Communications for contributing the cash prizes to this program,” Johnson stated.
· At the request of MCRC Chr A J LaFaro, the Maricopa County Elections Team has developed an Online Poll Watcher (aka Political Observer) Workshop that Poll Watcher volunteers can watch prior to the Aug 26 Primary and Nov 4 General Elections. Please read the instructions below before accessing the workshop:
o 1. The workshop takes a couple of minutes to load so be patient
o 2. Once loaded, the workshop automatically starts and advances by itself
o 3. Do not try stopping the workshop. You might get a "script error" and the workshop will freeze up
If you have any technical difficulties or questions contact Daniel Ruiz II, Director of Public Affairs, Maricopa County Recorder’s Office & Elections Department at 602-506-1270 or firstname.lastname@example.org Poll Watcher volunteers need to contact their LD Chairmen and request LaFaro's original signed letter of appointment. LaFaro requires all Poll Watcher volunteers be current elected or appointed Republican Precinct Committeemen. politicalobserverworkshop.htm LaFaro thanks Maricopa County Elections Team Members - Daniel Ruiz II, Berta Ramirez, Linda Weedon and Kristi Passarelli for taking the time to develop this workshop. And he thanks the MCRC volunteers who are working tirelessly during this election.
· URGENT- The MCRC Needs To Provide At Least 20 Unpaid Volunteers to officially observe the early ballot counting at Maricopa County Elections beginning on Wed, Aug 20 through Sat, Aug 30. We need to have two volunteers observing at all times throughout the day. The early ballot counting will be conducted all day, every day at the Elections - MCTEC Office, 510 S. Third Ave., Phoenix AZ 85003, 602-506-1511. Please e-mail Chairman LaFaro your name, address, telephone number, e-mail address and the day(s) you are willing to work. email@example.com A J LaFaro – Maricopa County Republican Chairman
· Maricopa County Elections is still needs Republican Poll Workers for Legislative District (LD)17, LD24, LD26, LD27 and LD28. In addition LD13, LD17, LD23 and LD26 need Bilingual Republican Poll Workers. Anyone interested in being a poll worker in these Legislative Districts needs to contact, as quickly as possible, Colleen Redmond, Board Worker Recruiter Supervisor, Maricopa County Elections, at firstname.lastname@example.org or 602-372-3713. Thanks. A. J. LaFaro - Chairman, Maricopa County Republican Committee (MCRC)
· Please Have Your Republican Poll Watchers Concentrate on the even numbered
polling locations. Please remember that a Republican Poll Watcher will only be
allowed into a polling location if they are carrying one of the salmon colored
authorizations that has been originally signed by Chairman A. J. LaFaro. Every
Legislative District (LD) has been given its initial allotment of authorization forms
with the exception of LD24 which still needs to get theirs.
Link to the Maricopa County Elections Facility/Polling Place Detail Report. http://recorder.maricopa.gov/pollingplace/PPdetailResults.aspx?view=other&election=MARICOPA+COUNTY%2c+8%2f26%f2014&ElectNo=1255&Type=other It lists all 724 Maricopa County Polling Locations. It's an interactive report where you
can sort by clicking on the column heading or you can even export the entire report to an excel spreadsheet.
Several weeks ago at a meeting of the Maricopa County Elections management and the Chairmen of Maricopa County's Political Parties, I won a coin toss and chose the odd numbered polling locations. Maricopa County Elections is working hard to make sure the odd numbered polling locations have a Republican Poll Inspector in charge and the even numbered have a Democrat Poll Inspector in charge. In addition, Maricopa County Elections is doing everything possible to staff each polling location with an equal number of Republican and Democrat poll workers.
We have two weeks until the August 26th Primary. Important upcoming date:
· August 15th - Last day to request an early ballot
· August 22nd - Last day to vote in-person at one of the 21 voting centers located in Maricopa County
· August 26th - The day of the Primary Election
My deepest thanks to all the hard working Precinct Committeemen and Republican volunteers. A. J. LaFaro - Chairman, Maricopa County Republican Committee (MCRC)
· Gubernatorial Candidate Ken Bennett Schedule:
o Aug 17 – noon, Assumption of the Virgin Mary Traditional Armenian Lunch – Scottsdale
o Aug 18 - 5:30 pm, Governor's Forum at NAU – Flagstaff
o Aug 19 – 5 pm, League of Arizona Cities and Towns Gubernatorial Candidate Debate - Phoenix
o Aug 21 – 6 pm, White Mountain Conservatives Meeting - Show Low
· Supt Of Public Instruction Candidate Diane Douglas Schedule:
o Aug 20 - 6:30 to 8:00 pm - Candidate Meet and Greet, 4601 E. Dolphin Avenue, Mesa, AZ
o Aug 21 – 11:30 am-1 pm, speaking to Green Valley Republican Club, Green Valley Village - Suite 70, 101 S. La Canada Drive, Green Valley, AZ.
· ATTN: Candidates/LD leaders/Group Chairman: If you have sent events or announcements to Briefs that have not been posted (except endorsements) or that I have not responded to, please resend them. Messages can be sent to email@example.com firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com If I do not respond with “thx” within 24 hours, please resend – using one or all of the above e-dressses. I’d rather get duplications than not receive your e-mails.
· Republican Candidate Announcements, fundraiser, neighborhood walks and other events can be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org for posting in the Briefs. In fairness to all GOP primary candidates, Briefs does not post endorsements, nor does it endorse any GOP candidates prior to the primary. See Briefs at Http://Archives.Mcrcbriefs.Org/
AUG 17 EVENTS
LD17 Republican Party of Chandler, Sun Lakes and Gilbert is hosting a dinner Fundraiser for Chandler City Council Candidates at 7:30 pm, Aug 17 at the El Zocolo Cantina in Downtown Chandler. Suggested $200 donation. Contact: Dr. Shadow Asgari at: email@example.com
· A ‘Candidate Sunday’ is scheduled at 10 am, Sun., Aug 17 at North Scottsdale Christian, 28700 N Pima Road, Scottsdale. Candidates welcome. Candidates can bring their banners, pamphlets, etc. Each candidate will traduce themselves in front of the congregation. Contact: Elizabeth at firstname.lastname@example.org to register.
· A Gubernatorial Candidate Debate is scheduled at 5:30 pm, Aug 18 at Northern Arizona University's Cline Library in Flagstaff, co-hosted by Flagstaff City Councilman Jeff Oravits.
· A Photographic History Of The Late Margot Wittenburg will be viewed at the 6:30 pm, Mon., Aug 18 Arizona Project meeting at 3375 E Shea Blvd, Phx. Then they will participate in "Promoting the Culture of Life - A New Health Care Initiative" with Dana Cody, Executive Director of Life Legal Defense Foundation. AP Chr Ron Ludders 602.677.1496
AUG 19 EVENTS
· A ‘Women Warriors Of The Senate’ Fundraiser, featuring scrumptious homemade dessert by LD22 Sen Judy Burges, LD14 Sen Gail Griffin, LD15 Sen Nancy Barto, LD21 Rep Debbie Lesko, LD15 Sen Kelli Ward and LD20 Sen Kimberly Yee will be held from 4:30-6:30 pm, Tues, Aug 19 at the home of Susie Stevens, 6116 N 38th Place, Paradise Valley, AZ 85253. Meet the fantastic incumbent ‘Women Warriors’ candidates, enjoy a tasting contest, watch cooking demos and meet several 2014 Arizona Miss winners with their crowns/sashes. Hostess Committee: Janna Day, Shelby Fletcher, Molly Greene, Deb Gullett, Becky Hill, Gretchen Kitchel, Laura Knaperek, Courtney LeVinus, Emily Ryan, Kathy Senseman and Susie Stevens.
The Fountain Hills AZ Tea Party. (3rd Tues- Aug 19) 6:30 PM., Fountain Hills Unified School District Learning Center, 16000 E Palisades Blvd. (Palisades Blvd. & Golden Eagle Blvd.). Speakers: Congressman David Schweikert; Secretary of State candidate Justin Pierce, and Fountain Hills Town Council candidates Lina Bellenir & Nick DePorter. Admission free; donations to offset expenses are welcome. Contact: Richard Rutkowski email@example.com www.fhteaparty.org
· Sen John McCain will hold a town hall with Raytheon employees at 2 pm, Tues, Aug 19 in Tucson.
· Jeffrey Prather, Founder, Warrior School is the Speaker at the 11:30 am, Tues., Aug 19 Pima County Republican Club Luncheon at the Sabbar Shrine Temple, 450 S. Tucson Blvd. Lunch $11.
AUG 20 EVENTS
· The Western Pinal Republican Club will meet 5:30 pm, Aug 20 at Eva’s Fine Mexican Food, 2033 North Pinal Ave., Casa Grande, AZ 85122 to hear AZGOP Chairman Robert Graham and CD1 Victory Director Dallin Forrest. $10 – Hors d'oeuvre's and Refreshments . Other guests will include statewide candidates. RSVP firstname.lastname@example.org as Eva's does have an occupancy limit Contact: Teresa Ottesen Binder PR Coordinator 602-397-2007 email@example.com
Councilman Sal DiCiccio, Congressman Matt Salmon, Congressman David Schweikert, Nick Bastian, Rudy Campbell, Laura Knaperek, Christen and Michael Monti, Greg Patterson, Onnie Shekerjian and Angie Taylor Thornton are hosting a Countdown to Victory Reception Supporting DickForeman for Tempe City Council between 5:30-7 pm, Tues, Aug 20 at Monti's La Casa Vieja, 100 South Mill Ave., Tempe, AZ 85281. Tickets: $50 each, $100 – host committee, $250 –event co-chair. RSVP to: Tysen Schlink at 480-789-9869 or firstname.lastname@example.org donate online by clicking here
· Former Legislator Frank Antenori will address the Eastside Republican Club at 6:30 pm, Wed., Aug 20 at the Golf Links Library, Community Room, 9640 E Golf Links, Tucson
WHAT CANDIDATES ARE SAYING:
· Incumbent Attorney General Tom Horne: I have been a fierce advocate of protecting gun rights and preserving the Second Amendment during my administration. Since becoming Attorney General, I’ve signed on to three Amicus briefs in support of the Second Amendment, issued an opinion finding that the city of Tucson would violate state law if they destroyed guns acquired during a “gun buy back,” and I have pushed for new state legislation that would allow school officials to have access to firearms in education institutions so that we can better protect our children from those that would seek to do them harm. Today, I’m also asking for your help and asking you to stand with the NRA so that Arizona will have a strong defender of the Second Amendment and an Attorney General who is not afraid to stand up to Barack Obama. Your help is needed to finish our campaign strong. If you can contribute today, it will be greatly appreciated. Every donation will help me fight to preserve and protect the Second Amendment and the Constitution. Thank you for generous help and support. To contribute to AG Horne’s reelection, click here.
· Meet-Cops-Gave-Lives Remember These Guys As Obama Criticizes Our Police Officers
· Get The Facts On Mexican Wolf Conservation At Wolfissue.Azgfdportal.Com/
MARINE SGT. ANDREW TAHMOORESSI (Jailed In MX)
· AZ Border Defenders Updated Daily
· Need2NoBorder News Watch
FIRST AMENDENT – FREE SPEECH
COMMON CORE/AGENDA 21
SECRETARY OF STATE