- ► March (22)
- ► February (28)
- ► January (31)
- ► December (29)
- ► November (30)
- ► October (31)
- ► September (32)
- ► August (31)
- ► July (31)
- ► June (30)
- ► May (30)
- ► April (30)
- ► March (31)
- ► February (28)
- ► January (31)
- ► December (30)
- ► November (29)
- ► October (31)
- ► September (29)
- ► August (32)
- ► July (25)
- ► June (21)
- ► May (31)
- ► April (30)
- ► March (30)
- ► February (29)
- ► January (31)
- ► December (28)
- ► November (30)
- ► October (32)
- ► September (29)
- ▼ August (32)
- ► July (31)
- ► June (27)
- ► May (31)
- ► April (36)
- ► March (42)
- ► February (35)
- ► January (34)
- ► December (39)
- ► November (35)
- ► October (42)
- ► September (37)
- ► August (35)
- ► July (37)
- ► June (37)
- ► May (21)
- ► April (33)
- ► March (39)
- ► February (36)
- ► January (38)
- ► December (39)
- ► November (32)
- ► October (37)
- ► September (39)
- ► August (42)
Briefs Editor Frosty Taylor firstname.lastname@example.org
Web Master John Strasser
August 17, 2014
· As More Information Surfaces About Attempts To influence the election of Republican Precinct Committeemen in LD23, a post card marked “OFFICIAL and AUTHORIZED COMMUNICATION of the AZGOP, the MCRC and Legislative District 23” in the lower left hand corner has been sent to LD23 Republican voters.
The flip side of that post card reads: “Urgent and Important Information - Authorized by the AZGOP Chairman, MCRC Chairman and Executive Board of the LD 23 Republican Committee: Beginning on 8/1/2014, registered Republican voters in your precinct received a mailing envelope, which contained a flyer requesting you to “Vote for All” Precinct Committeemen Candidates presented by name on that flyer. That flyer is in violation of Arizona Revised Statutes Section 16.925 Deceptive Mailings. Neither the Arizona Republican Party, whose name and logo were used, nor the LD 23 Republican Committee, whose reference was used as the return address of “GOP District 23” in that flyer had authorized such use. You are herein directed to disregard the use of the flyer in question for voting purposes, as it is intentionally misleading you to affect the outcome of competitive precinct races. The perpetrators involved in such deceitful practices shall be the subject of a formal complaint being filed with the Elections Department of the Maricopa County Recorder’s Office and they shall be subject to civil penalties for such deceitful practices in violation of our state laws.
· If Similar Attempts To Influence The Election of Maricopa County PCs in any other precincts are occurring, they should be immediately reported to MCRC Chairman A J LaFaro at email@example.com
· Destroying Political Signs is a Class 2 Misdemeanor (ARS 16-1019 –political signs http://www.azleg.gov/ars/16/01019.htm ) if caught and prosecuted. If you see someone destroying or messing with Republican political signs in Maricopa County , please photograph them and take the photos to the victims or send them to MCRC Chairman A J LaFaro firstname.lastname@example.org
· A Celebration Of Life Will Be Held For The Late Tommy Tucker at 2 pm, Sept 6 at Vista de la Montana United Methodist Church, 3001 E Miravista Lane, Tucson, AZ 85739. Services were held in Iowa earlier this month. Tucker. who passed away Aug 2. , was the Pinal County Republican Committee First Vice-Chairman since 2012. He served as the Chairman from 2006-2008. See obituary page for more details.
· Pretty Young Songbird Holly Jo Samsill , who has been doing gigs in Texas for the past few months, returned to Arizona this week to surprise her mom. Local folks are hoping our popular homegrown warbler will do a few performances ‘Out Wickenburg Way’ before she heads back to TX in late August. Incidently, the talented daughter of John and Susie Samsill, writes a lot of her own songs.
· LD23 House Candidate Jay Lawrence will be at the Tues, Aug 19 Fountain Hills Tea Party meeting/debate. He is also schedule for the Thur., Aug 21 Scottsdale Tea Party Candidate Forum.
· Early Voters Be Sure To Mail Your Ballots in so they are in the Recorder’s office by 5 pm, Tues., Aug 26. The sooner your ballot is in the Recorder’s office, the sooner you name is removed from those pesky robo calls.
· The Arizona Republican Party Primary Election Night Party is scheduled Aug 26 at the Hyatt Regency Hotel, 122 North Second Street, Phoenix, AZ 85014. Doors open at 6:30 pm.
· Arizona -Americans For Prosperity Needs Volunteers for phone banking. Field Director Contacts:
· Karen MacKean, Coconino, Apache, Gila, Graham & Eastern Pinal County, email@example.com, (480) 220-9450
· Karen Schutte, Pima & Cochise County, firstname.lastname@example.org , (520) 240-2058
· Judy Hoelscher, Maricopa & Western Pinal County, email@example.com, (480) 290-1751
Leslie White - Deputy State Director, firstname.lastname@example.org 480.290.2286
· Attention Common Core Fighters: If you can post signs for Gubernatorial candidate Frank Riggs and Supt of Public School candidate Diane Douglas near your polling place, contact Jennifer Reynolds at 480-961-4214 They plan on posting them the night of Aug 25.
Many Of You Are Using Barney Brenner’s rebar drivers to install your campaign signs. You’ll be happy to know that he now has rebar ‘extractors’ that let you pull the stakesout of the ground effortlessly and without bending them. Contact him at email@example.com
· Pinal County Chairman Seraphim Larsen is calling for poll watchers. Volunteers should contact him at Seraphim Larsen immediately.
· At the request of MCRC Chr A J LaFaro, the Maricopa County Elections Team has developed an Online Poll Watcher (aka Political Observer) Workshop that Poll Watcher volunteers can watch prior to the Aug 26 Primary and Nov 4 General Elections. Please read the instructions below before accessing the workshop:
o 1. The workshop takes a couple of minutes to load so be patient
o 2. Once loaded, the workshop automatically starts and advances by itself
o 3. Do not try stopping the workshop. You might get a "script error" and the workshop will freeze up
If you have any technical difficulties or questions contact Daniel Ruiz II, Director of Public Affairs, Maricopa County Recorder’s Office & Elections Department at 602-506-1270 or firstname.lastname@example.org Poll Watcher volunteers need to contact their LD Chairmen and request LaFaro's original signed letter of appointment. LaFaro requires all Poll Watcher volunteers be current elected or appointed Republican Precinct Committeemen. politicalobserverworkshop.htm LaFaro thanks Maricopa County Elections Team Members - Daniel Ruiz II, Berta Ramirez, Linda Weedon and Kristi Passarelli for taking the time to develop this workshop. And he thanks the MCRC volunteers who are working tirelessly during this election.
· URGENT- The MCRC Needs To Provide At Least 20 Unpaid Volunteers to officially observe the early ballot counting at Maricopa County Elections beginning on Wed, Aug 20 through Sat, Aug 30. We need to have two volunteers observing at all times throughout the day. The early ballot counting will be conducted all day, every day at the Elections - MCTEC Office, 510 S. Third Ave., Phoenix AZ 85003, 602-506-1511. Please e-mail Chairman LaFaro your name, address, telephone number, e-mail address and the day(s) you are willing to work. email@example.com A J LaFaro – Maricopa County Republican Chairman
· Maricopa County Elections is still needs Republican Poll Workers for Legislative District (LD)17, LD24, LD26, LD27 and LD28. In addition LD13, LD17, LD23 and LD26 need Bilingual Republican Poll Workers. Anyone interested in being a poll worker in these Legislative Districts needs to contact, as quickly as possible, Colleen Redmond, Board Worker Recruiter Supervisor, Maricopa County Elections, at firstname.lastname@example.org or 602-372-3713. Thanks. A. J. LaFaro - Chairman, Maricopa County Republican Committee (MCRC)
· ATTN: Candidates/LD leaders/Group Chairman: If you have sent events or announcements to Briefs that have not been posted (except endorsements) or that I have not responded to, please resend them. Messages can be sent to email@example.com firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com If I do not respond with “thx” within 24 hours, please resend – using one or all of the above e-dressses. I’d rather get duplications than not receive your e-mails.
· Republican Candidate Announcements, fundraiser, neighborhood walks and other events can be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org for posting in the Briefs. In fairness to all GOP primary candidates, Briefs does not post endorsements, nor does it endorse any GOP candidates prior to the primary. See Briefs at Http://Archives.Mcrcbriefs.Org/
· A Gubernatorial Candidate Debate is scheduled at 5:30 pm, Aug 18 at Northern Arizona University's Cline Library in Flagstaff, co-hosted by Flagstaff City Councilman Jeff Oravits.
· A Photographic History Of The Late Margot Wittenburg will be viewed at the 6:30 pm, Mon., Aug 18 Arizona Project meeting at 3375 E Shea Blvd, Phx. Then they will participate in "Promoting the Culture of Life - A New Health Care Initiative" with Dana Cody, Executive Director of Life Legal Defense Foundation. AP Chr Ron Ludders 602.677.1496
AUG 19 EVENTS
· A ‘Women Warriors Of The Senate’ Fundraiser, featuring scrumptious homemade dessert by LD22 Sen Judy Burges, LD14 Sen Gail Griffin, LD15 Sen Nancy Barto, LD21 Rep Debbie Lesko, LD15 Sen Kelli Ward and LD20 Sen Kimberly Yee will be held from 4:30-6:30 pm, Tues, Aug 19 at the home of Susie Stevens, 6116 N 38th Place, Paradise Valley, AZ 85253. Meet the fantastic incumbent ‘Women Warriors’ candidates, enjoy a tasting contest, watch cooking demos and meet several 2014 Arizona Miss winners with their crowns/sashes. Hostess Committee: Janna Day, Shelby Fletcher, Molly Greene, Deb Gullett, Becky Hill, Gretchen Kitchel, Laura Knaperek, Courtney LeVinus, Emily Ryan, Kathy Senseman and Susie Stevens.
The Fountain Hills AZ Tea Party. (3rd Tues- Aug 19) 6:30 PM., Fountain Hills Unified School District Learning Center, 16000 E Palisades Blvd. (Palisades Blvd. & Golden Eagle Blvd.). Speakers: Congressman David Schweikert; Secretary of State candidate Justin Pierce, and Fountain Hills Town Council candidates Lina Bellenir & Nick DePorter. Admission free; donations to offset expenses are welcome. Contact: Richard Rutkowski email@example.com www.fhteaparty.org
· Sen John McCain will hold a town hall with Raytheon employees at 2 pm, Tues, Aug 19 in Tucson.
· Jeffrey Prather, Founder, Warrior School is the Speaker at the 11:30 am, Tues., Aug 19 Pima County Republican Club Luncheon at the Sabbar Shrine Temple, 450 S. Tucson Blvd. Lunch $11.
AUG 20 EVENTS
The Western Pinal Republican Club (WPRC) will be holding their CD 1 candidate meet and greet for local, county and state candidates this Wed, Aug 20. All candidates will have time to give their stump speech and talk with the people of Pinal County. Speakers: Chairman Robert Graham and CD1 Victory Director Dallin Forrest. The event starts at 5:30 at Eva's Fine Mexican Food in Casa Grande. $10 - Hors d'oeuvre's and Refreshments . Limited seating. RSVP Teresa Ottesen Binder PR Coordinator 602-397-2007 firstname.lastname@example.org
Councilman Sal DiCiccio, Congressman Matt Salmon, Congressman David Schweikert, Nick Bastian, Rudy Campbell, Laura Knaperek, Christen and Michael Monti, Greg Patterson, Onnie Shekerjian and Angie Taylor Thornton are hosting a Countdown to Victory Reception Supporting Dick Foreman for Tempe City Council between 5:30-7 pm, Tues, Aug 20 at Monti's La Casa Vieja, 100 South Mill Ave., Tempe, AZ 85281. Tickets: $50 each, $100 – host committee, $250 –event co-chair. RSVP to: Tysen Schlink at 480-789-9869 or email@example.com donate online by clicking here
· Former Legislator Frank Antenori will address the Eastside Republican Club at 6:30 pm, Wed., Aug 20 at the Golf Links Library, Community Room, 9640 E Golf Links, Tucson
AUG 21 EVENTS
· Yavapai Pachyderm, 6-8 pm, BonnFire Restaurant, 1667 S. Hwy 89, Chino Valley, AZ. Order from Menu. Limited seating. RSVP: Sue Goodchild at (928) 636-7355 or firstname.lastname@example.org,
WHAT CANDIDATES ARE SAYING:
· Gubernatorial Candidate Frank Riggs: One gubernatorial candidate has been running incessant ads saying "we must...defend the family and marriage." That candidate has never held legislative office or had to cast a vote on any legislative matter. Frank Riggs is the only candidate for governor with a deep pro-life, pro-family voting record on federal issues that earned him an "A" rating from National Right to Life. As a U.S. Congressman, he voted to defend traditional marriage - and for the Defense of Marriage Act (DOMA) - in 1996, 18 years ago. The 1996 Republican Party platform endorsed DOMA, stating "We reject the distortion of anti-discrimination laws to cover sexual preference, and we endorse the Defense of Marriage Act to prevent states from being forced to recognize same-sex unions." Riggs also voted for: (1) The Hyde Amendment to ban federal funding for abortion on demand; (2) To prohibit abortions at medical facilities on federal military installations; (3) To ban the abhorrent practice of Partial Birth Abortion; (4) And for the Adoption Tax Credit and the Dependent Child Tax Credit. Riggs has also defended "faith, family and freedom" in the U.S. Army (he's the only military veteran in the governor’s race) and as a police officer and deputy sheriff. No other candidate has put on the uniform of our country or pinned on the badge to serve on the front lines in the fight against crime. Riggs said, "Experience trumps money, and a real record triumphs over campaign rhetoric. Arizonans deserve a strong, conservative leader with the proven track record to back his promises, and the courage to make the right decisions." Frank Riggs is that leader. For more information on the Riggs Record please visit www.riggsforazgov.com.
· CD2 Candidate Chuck Wooten: To All Wooten Supporters - Please share this message with everyone you know on Facebook and Twitter. This is a crucial moment when we need your help. There should be no doubt as to what Chuck Wooten stands for and why he will represent your message to Washington. He is just like you and that is the biggest difference of them all. The other candidates want to be career politicians - they have not gone on record to sign the pledge to term limit themselves. Chuck Wooten is not in this race for his ego - he is fed up just like you! Chuck measures up against his competitors: NumbersUSA -Chuck Wooten is the only "true reformer" amongst CD2 Candidates.
· LD25 Senate Candidate Ralph Heap: There are just 5 more days to MAIL that early ballot.,.... this Friday Aug. 22nd, is the deadline, and I would be sure to try and mail them by Wednesday or Thursday! After that, you will have to walk it into the polls and it will be the last to be counted. We continue to talk to people every day who keep saying that they know they need to get their ballots filled out but they are not aware of the deadline. There are 20,000 early ballots still not mailed. This is the time to G.O.T.V. Get Out The Vote!..... SO, anything you can do to contact voters will help! Call, knock, email, face-book or tweet! Remind them to Vote HEAP for Senate. Thank you for all of your help. Team Heap!
· Meet-Cops-Gave-Lives Remember These Guys As Obama Criticizes Our Police Officers
MARINE SGT. ANDREW TAHMOORESSI (Jailed In MX)
· Six-Former-Platoon-Mates-Seek-Publisher: Tell-Bergdahl-Book Six Former Bergdahl Platoon Mates Are About To Drop A Bomb That Could Change Everything “There Was No Way We Were Going To Sit Down And Be Quiet..."
· Children_Crossing_Border_Illegally_A_Possible_Public_Health_Crisis Detained Children Must Be Screened More Rigorously For Communicable Disease.
· AZ Border Defenders Updated Daily
· Need2NoBorder News Watch
FIRST AMENDENT – FREE SPEECH
COMMON CORE/AGENDA 21