- ► March (23)
- ► February (28)
- ► January (31)
- ► December (29)
- ► November (30)
- ► October (31)
- ► September (32)
- ► August (31)
- ► July (31)
- ► June (30)
- ► May (30)
- ► April (30)
- ► March (31)
- ► February (28)
- ► January (31)
- ► December (30)
- ► November (29)
- ► October (31)
- ► September (29)
- ► August (32)
- ► July (25)
- ► June (21)
- ► May (31)
- ► April (30)
- ► March (30)
- ► February (29)
- ► January (31)
- ► December (28)
- ► November (30)
- ► October (32)
- ► September (29)
- ▼ August (32)
- ► July (31)
- ► June (27)
- ► May (31)
- ► April (36)
- ► March (42)
- ► February (35)
- ► January (34)
- ► December (39)
- ► November (35)
- ► October (42)
- ► September (37)
- ► August (35)
- ► July (37)
- ► June (37)
- ► May (21)
- ► April (33)
- ► March (39)
- ► February (36)
- ► January (38)
- ► December (39)
- ► November (32)
- ► October (37)
- ► September (39)
- ► August (42)
Briefs Editor Frosty Taylor email@example.com
Web Master John Strasser
August 26, 2014
· Election Results: The Secretary Of State’s Office Has An Election Night Reporting System [Click Here] For Displaying Voting Results. This System Is Online At Www.Azsos.Gov, And Will Provide Up-To-The-Minute Updates Tuesday Evening As Counties Report Unofficial Voting Results. Click On The “Customize My Search” Icon (On The Right Side Of The Front Page) To Select Specific Races You’d Like To Follow. Initial Unofficial Results Should Be Reported Around 8 P.M., With Updates Throughout The Evening As They Become Available. - Kim Crawford Communications Specialist, Secretary Of State's Office (602) 542-2228 Kcrawford@Azsos.Gov
· McCain Rips Claim He Posed For Photo With ISIS Fighters "'It's foolishness,' but the false charge 'just bangs around the Internet,' McCain said. Asked by The Republic for documentation or a source for its claim that the McCain photo included ISIS militants, VoteVets could not provide any evidence ... A representative of the Syrian Emergency Task Force called attempts to link the men in the photo to ISIS 'fairly ridiculous.' 'None of those people worked for, or has since worked, ever, for ISIS,' said Joel Bombardier, a program officer with the task force." – The Arizona Republic
· Congressman Trent Franks Will Address The LD4/Estrella Conservative Republican Club at 7 pm, Wed., Aug 27 at the Estrella Foothills High School, 13033 S Estrella Parkway, Good year, 85338. Contact LD 4 Chairman, Fred Amator, firstname.lastname@example.org or 623-980-6007 or for The Estrella Conservative Republican Club contact Richard Newcomer, email@example.com or 602-512-1340.
· Speaker of the House Andy Tobin appoints Brendan McDonough, the surviving member of the Granite Mountain Hotshots crew, to serve on the Yarnell Memorial Site Board. “I am elated that Mr. McDonough agreed to accept the appointment,” said Speaker Andy Tobin. “It is so important that we memorialize the spirit and valor of these firefighters for their families, their communities and our state.” McDonough marks the seventh and final appointment to the Board by Speaker Tobin. Last June the Speaker made the first six appointments:
1. Former Prescott Fire Chief Dan Fraijo
2. Hotshot Commander’s widow Amanda Marsh
3. Yarnell Fire District Chief Ben Palm
4. Yarnell Chamber of Commerce President Chuck Tidey
5. Prescott Fire Department Wildland Division Chief Darrell Williams
6. Arizona House Representative Karen Fann, as a non-voting advisory member
House Bill 2624 established the board to oversee the creation of a memorial site for the 19 wildland firefighters that perished one year ago June 30 battling the Yarnell Hill fire.
· A Reader Writes: I would like to call your attention to a new ebook entitled "Arpaio, DeFacto Lawman" that is available from Amazon.com for $4.99. The book was written by former MCSO Chief Brian Sands, who was a 30 year law enforcement professional and a member of Sheriff Arpaio's command staff. Of special note is Chief Sands discussion about the Obama birth certificate investigation.
· U.S. Senators John McCain and Jeff Flake released the following statement today on the results of the VA Office of Inspector General’s investigation into gross misconduct at VA healthcare facilities in Phoenix. "We are deeply troubled by the findings in the report released today by the VA Office of Inspector General on their review of alleged patient deaths, wait times, and scheduling practices at the Phoenix VA. The report found that ‘patients at the Phoenix VA Health Care System experienced access barriers that adversely affected the quality of primary and specialty care provided for them.’ The Inspector General reports that an additional 3,500 Arizona veterans were on unofficial wait lists, putting them at risk of never obtaining necessary appointments. It further found that, contrary to what they told us this spring, senior Phoenix VA leadership were in fact aware of unofficial wait lists and inappropriate scheduling practices. It is unbelievable to us that months after the scandal broke, Phoenix VA officials responsible for it remain on the federal payroll.
"These disturbing findings highlight the obvious need for fundamental reform, new leadership and full accountability at the Phoenix VA. It also reminds us that strong oversight is necessary as the VA moves to implement the reform measure passed by Congress last month.”
· Tracy Livingston: I am pleased to announce to all Republicans that my race for Maricopa Community College Board is back on, and I am racing against a strong Democrat and need your help, voice and invitations to speak at LD's, so I can spread my message of fiscal responsibility and one that will make sure the best programs for students abound. While keeping my mind on the bottom line, and creating a community of taxpayers that finally feel that our colleges are no longer robbing from Peter to pay Paul...but educating wisely within budget. Who knows better than a teacher, who sits on a current K-12 board and fights for students and taxpayers daily. Please feel free to contact me for questions, to volunteer or lend financial support! VoteTracy.firstname.lastname@example.org to my previous announcement...TY
· ATTN: Candidates/LD leaders/Group Chairman: If you have sent events or announcements to Briefs that have not been posted (except endorsements) or that I have not responded to, please resend them. Messages can be sent to email@example.com firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com If I do not respond with “thx” within 24 hours, please resend – using one or all of the above e-dressses. I’d rather get duplications than not receive your e-mails.
· Republican Candidate Announcements, fundraiser, neighborhood walks and other events can be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org for posting in the Briefs. In fairness to all GOP primary candidates, Briefs does not post endorsements, nor does it endorse any GOP candidates prior to the primary. See Briefs at Http://Archives.Mcrcbriefs.Org/
AUG 27 EVENTS
· LD 4/Estrella Conservative Republican Club has moved its 7 pm, Aug 27 (4th Wed) meeting to the Estrella Foothills High School, 13033 S Estrella Parkway, Good year, 85338 to hear Congressman Trent Franks. Contact LD 4 Chairman, Fred Amator, email@example.com or 623-980-6007 or for The Estrella Conservative Republican Club contact Richard Newcomer, firstname.lastname@example.org or 602-512-1340.
AUG 28 EVENTS
· A ‘Coffee With Congressman Paul Gosar’ will be held at 5 pm, Aug 28 at 27 E Hunt Hwy #12. Contact: Stephen Briggs Stephen.email@example.com 480-882- 2697.
· You're Invited. Tony Tangalos of The Prepper Patch Radio Show & The Prepperfest Expo will be the guest speaker for a presentation & movie at Waking Up America from 6-8 pm, Thurs, Aug 28 at the Royal Cafe in Sun City, AZ. Info: http://goo.gl/Q2z0xi
· The AZGOP Victory Tour Schedule:
o Aug 28 – 7:30 am, Doubletree by Hilton, 1800 San Tan Villege Parkway, Gilbert. $20 for precinct committeemen. $50 for non PCs. RSVPJennifer Bontrager.
o Aug 28 - 10:30 am. Sun Lakes Country Club , 15245 N Sun Laks Blvd, Chandler.
o Aug 28 – 2 pm, Eva’s Fine Mexican Food,. 2033 N Pinal Ave., Casa Grande. Complimentary appetizers. RSVP Dallin Forrest.
o Aug 28 – 6:30 pm, ASU Football Tailgate Party, look for AZGOP logo, grab a bite, meet the nominees.
o Aug 29- 10 am, Veterans Memorial Park, 3105 E Fry Blvd ., Sierra Vista. Honoring Cochise County vets.
o Aug 29 – 2 pm, Nogales
o Aug 29 – 4:30 pm, 19th Hole Bar & Grill, Best Western Green Valley Inn, 111 S LaCanada Dr., Green Valley. $35 per person. RSVP: Jennifer Bontrager.
Contact: Kathy Hedges, Action Team Director 602-957-7770 firstname.lastname@example.org
Aug 30 EVENTS
· A ‘March For Israel’ For Supporters Of Israel is planned at 8:30 pm., Sat., Aug 30 in downtown Tempe to support its right to defend itself. The group will gather at protest the Zia Records, 105 W University Dr and march in downtown Temp for 60 to 90 minutes, concluding at the park at Tempe Town Lake. Contact: Mike Renzulli, Group Organizer - Phoenix Objectivists http://phoenixobjectivists.blogspot.com
WHAT CANDIDATES ARE SAYING:
· Gubernatorial Candidate Andrew Thomas: I want to thank the many Arizonans who supported my campaign for Governor. Many said we would not qualify for the ballot and we did. Many said we would not qualify for funding and we did. We stood for the right principles and fought hard for them against superior resources. I’ll remain involved in our community and keep you updated on my efforts. I’ll have my latest article posted soon. I congratulate Doug Ducey on his victory tonight and wish him and his family the best in November.
· CD9 Candidate Wendy Rogers was victorious in today’s Republican primary election. “I want to thank our voters for their support. It is a honor to be chosen as the nominee, and I look forward to the opportunity to fight for the leadership. We need someone who will fight for Arizona and work hard to improve our quality of life, not be a cheerleader for the Obama administration’s failed policies as Kyrsten Sinema has been,” said Rogers. “Kyrsten Sinema and I have very different visions for America. Congresswoman Sinema has stood behind the Obama agenda 100%, even going so far as to vote against a budget which would have balanced our nation’s checkbook within a decade, because doing so would have gotten rid of Obamacare and taken money away from President Obama’s liberal policy priorities. I believe in telling it like it is, and I will not hesitate to say that President Obama has done a bad job. We don’t need more people in Congress cheering him on. Since President Obama took office, an Arizonan's median income has dropped. Jobs have vanished. There are now more than 213,000 Arizonans out of a job. Healthcare has gotten more expensive. Our choices are becoming more limited due to Obamacare. I am willing to do what Sinema won’t – I will stand up to the president, say no to his harmful agenda, and put forward policy solutions that will put us on the right track. I will fight for policies to grow our economy, rein in wasteful spending which jeopardizes our economic future, and work to replace Obamacare with market-driven reforms to drive healthcare costs down.” Rogers is a 5th-generation career U.S. military officer - a retired U.S. Air Force Lieutenant Colonel. She was one of the Air Force's first 100 women pilots. She has made defending our veterans’ access to jobs, healthcare, and education one of her top campaign priorities.
· CD2 Candidate Martha McSally: Tonight, thanks to your generous support, we came out with a victory! But, now the real race begins. We have 70 days until Election Day and Ron Barber still has almost a $500,000 cash advantage over me.I need your help to hit the ground running & close the fundraising gap.Will you contribute $100, $50 or even $25 to help me beat Ron Barber? Ron may be bankrolled by Nancy Pelosi, but I know grassroots supporters like you will make the difference.I need to raise $25,000 before midnight on Sunday, August 31 to hit my online fundraising goal. We don’t have much time until Election Day and we’re starting with a major disadvantage. I need you on my team now more than ever. Chip in $100, $50, $25 or whatever you can to help me reach my goal and beat Ron Barber. Let’s go win on November 4th! In service,
· CD2 Shelly Kais Concedes: Tucson businesswoman and federal fiscal analyst Shelley Kais tonight congratulated Martha McSally on her victory in the 2nd Congressional District Republican primary. Kais urged her supporters to build unity in the party by supporting their candidates in November. “From the start, this was a David vs. Goliath challenge,” Kais said. “While I am disappointed that we did not come out victorious, I am extremely proud of the campaign we ran. From the very beginning last November, I vowed that it would remain positive and focused on the issues. In the end, I remained true to my principles.”This was Kais’ first attempt at elected office. As for her future plans, Kais said, “Now is not the time to focus on what I may or may not do in the future. Now is the time to unite our party around our candidates.”
· LD19 House Candidate Sophia E Johnson: Thank you Team Sophia for all of your prayers, support, and hard work in helping me get on the primary ballot. Let's continue on to the general election with the same hard work, faith, and fortitude. Thank you to all of my friends and fb friends for your contribution to my campaign. Without your help, this campaign would not be possible. Thank you Pastor Greg Brown and Dawn Brown for being my spiritual covering. Thank you all for believing in me. Most of all, I thank God for this exciting experience and opportunity. Many blessings to all of you! Victory 2014 on Nov. 4th! T-minus 70 days.
· CD2 Martha McSally won yesterday's GOP primary with overwhelming support, receiving 68.7% of the vote with nearly 97% reporting. The decisive victory shows primary voters' strong support for McSally's solution-oriented approach and experienced background - making her the clear choice to take on vulnerable incumbent Ron Barber and bring new leadership to Southern Arizona. "So many people took part in this victory and have given their time and energy to get our message out," said McSally. "I'm humbled by the overwhelming support and energized by the passion we've seen from people across Southern Arizona who want to make this community better.The stakes for our community could not be higher. Our bases are being threatened, families are struggling under a slow economy, our border is still not secure, and Washington has stopped working for us. I'm running for Congress because I don't walk by a problem. I'll work hard every day to put the people of Southern Arizona first, and I'm asking all voters from either party to support me so I can go to work making a difference for our community." McSally continues to show strong and growing support. She has out-raised incumbent Ron Barber five periods in a row, a feat nearly unheard of for a challenger. Barber has struggled to keep up with McSally, trailing her in the most recent fundraising period by $137,000. He continually has been labeled one of the most vulnerable Members of Congress. Colonel Martha McSally (ret.) is an independent voice who is committed to fighting for equal treatment of women and more opportunity for the middle class. She has been active in defending Southern Arizona's critical job-creators like Davis-Monthan Air Force Base and Fort Huachuca. A 26-year veteran of the U.S. Air Force, McSally was the first woman to fly in combat and command a fighter squadron in U.S. history.
· Dem Ruben-Gallego-Wins-CD7 Primary Knocked Out Mary Rose Wilcox
· Sheriff-Joe Levels Devastating Charges Against Obama, And He's Not Backing Down “ I Fear Our Great American Experiment Will Draw To A Close…”
· Women-With-Guns"The Great Principles Of Right And Wrong Are Legible To Every Reader; To Pursue Them Requires Not The Aid Of Many Counselors. The Whole Art Of Government Consists In The Art Of Being Honest. Only Aim To Do Your Duty, And Mankind Will Give You Credit Where You Fail." --Thomas Jefferson, A Summary View Of The Rights Of British America, 1775
· Gun Safety Rules - The Rest Of The Story
· The Obama Economic Record: The Worst Five Years Since World War II
COMMON CORE/AGENDA 21