- ► June (26)
- ► May (31)
- ► April (24)
- ► March (27)
- ► February (28)
- ► January (31)
- ► December (29)
- ► November (30)
- ► October (31)
- ► September (32)
- ► August (31)
- ► July (31)
- ► June (30)
- ► May (30)
- ► April (30)
- ► March (31)
- ► February (28)
- ► January (31)
- ► December (30)
- ► November (29)
- ► October (31)
- ► September (29)
- ► August (32)
- ► July (25)
- ► June (21)
- ► May (31)
- ► April (30)
- ► March (30)
- ► February (29)
- ► January (31)
- ► December (28)
- ► November (30)
- ► October (32)
- ► September (29)
- ▼ August (32)
- ► July (31)
- ► June (27)
- ► May (31)
- ► April (36)
- ► March (42)
- ► February (35)
- ► January (34)
- ► December (39)
- ► November (35)
- ► October (42)
- ► September (37)
- ► August (35)
- ► July (37)
- ► June (37)
- ► May (21)
- ► April (33)
- ► March (39)
- ► February (36)
- ► January (38)
- ► December (39)
- ► November (32)
- ► October (37)
- ► September (39)
- ► August (42)
Briefs Editor Frosty Taylor email@example.com
Web Master John Strasser
August 30, 2014
· Arizona’s Counties Continue To Tabulate Ballots from the 2014 Primary Election. The following table details the ballots left to be counted, including early and provisional ballots. State law gives the counties five business days, until the end of Wednesday, September 3, to verify and process the remaining early and provisional ballots. Election results are unofficial until the Canvass, and by way of gentle reminder, our office does not “call” elections. A state canvass to certify official election results for federal, statewide and legislative races is scheduled for September 8. - Kim Crawford Communications Specialist, Secretary of State's Office (602) 542-2228 firstname.lastname@example.org
COUNTY Estimated Outstanding Ballots as of Close of Business: 8/30/2014
EARLY PROVISIONALS TOTAL
APACHE 496 496
COCONINO 905 984 1,889
GILA 600 600
MOHAVE 250 250
YAVAPAI 152 467 619
YUMA ‐ 3 3
· Election Results: See election tallies at Sec of State [Click Here] or Maricopa County Recorder: recorder.maricopa.gov/ElectionResults_CS/eresults.aspx
· Maricopa County Elections Finished Processing and counting all the ballots cast in the August 26th Primary around 1 am this morning (Sat., Aug 30) link http://recorder.maricopa.gov/ElectionResults_CS/eresults.aspx The Democrat Official Observer and myself were there all evening as County Elections worked tirelessly to finish tabulating the election results. Observing these dedicated individuals these past two weeks, along with all the Republican and Democrat Citizen Boards, has given me a new found respect and appreciation for teamwork. The Maricopa County Board of Supervisors are scheduled to Canvass the election results on Wednesday, September 3rd. Have a great Labor Day Weekend, - MCRC Chairman A. J. LaFaro
· Precinct Committeemen Elections: as of 1 am, Sat., Aug 30 (completed) http://recorder.maricopa.gov/pdf/SummaryReportPrecinctCommittemen.pdf The precinct level results are the very last reports created at the canvass. We are tentatively scheduled to canvass on Sept 3 which is subject to change. Kristi Passarelli – Maricopa County Recorder’s Office.
· The Maricopa County Republican Committee’s Executive Guidance Committee will meet at 7 pm, Thur., Sept 4 at GOP Headquarters, 3501 N. 24th St. All possible guests will be required to sign-in. Only registered Republicans with a valid photo ID will be admitted. No news media, audio and/or video recording will be allowed. Registration opens at 6 pm. Agenda: Primary Election debriefing and preparations for the November General Election. Contact: Chairman A J LaFaro email@example.com
· Republican Party Members Met In Flagstaff and elect Navajo County Supervisor Sylvia Tenney Allen as their nominee to run for the Senate seat vacated by the late Chester Crandell.
· CD2 Candidate Chuck Wooten is asking for contributions to help pay for legal $3,000 in legal fees acquired during the campaign. Contributions to retire this campaign debt can be made retire this debt.
· Sen John McCain Celebrated His 78th Birthday at a Town Hall in Prescott on Friday.
· Congratulations to Sue Goodchild of Chino Valley for earning the designation of ‘Activist of the Year’ from Americans for Prosperity. Sue received her award in front of a crowd of 3,000 at AFP's Defending the American Dream Summit in Dallas.
· Rep Debbie Lesko, who is running for the LD21 Senate seat, says “Thank You to everyone that voted for me! I greatly appreciate it. Now, it's time to work on winning the General Election in November. I do have a Democrat opponent. So if you want a yard sign, please let me know at 623-878-9761.” Support Debbie Lesko for AZ Senate
· Mary Hamway Says “The voters of LD 28 have spoken and while the outcome is not what I had hoped for, this campaign has been an amazing adventure for me. I've learned more than I could have imagined about our state and our district and made countless new friends. It is the friends, old and new, who helped me get into and run this race and gave me the much-needed support and encouragement throughout this primary election. I thank you all from the bottom of my heart. I congratulate Kate Brophy McGee on her big win and I look forward to her continued responsible leadership at the State Capitol. As for myself, I plan to take some time to reconnect with my family and close friends, and I look forward to finding other ways to contribute to the state we love. My sincerest thanks again. – Mary Hamway, former LD28 House candidate
· “I Was Just Called By Someone From Wisconsin Asking Me To Give To The AZ GOP for the cause, I explained to the caller that I no longer give to the National or State GOP because they spend far too much time defending incompetent incumbents and support far too much legislation that is UnConstitutional, at which point he gave me the same old tired Obama message. I want the GOP to come up with a Real Plan other than Obama who we already know is a failure as are so many in our own party and hope that he will join us in removing people like McCain and others in the Gang of Eight and then call me back.” - Clair Van Steenwyk – former AZ CD 8 Candidate
· The Daisy Mountain Tea Party Patriots will meet at 6:30 pm, Tues, Sept 2 at the Anthem Civic Bldg, 3701 W Anthem Way, Anthem to hear Johnathan Paton address support for the passage of Prop 122 – Arizona State Sovereignty- on the November General Election ballot. Contact: Vera Anderson at 602-821-4675 firstname.lastname@example.org http://www.daisymountainteapartypatriots.com/index.html
· The House & Senate Victory Committees are hosting a 2014 Republican Legislative Candidate Reception from 5-7 pm, Sept 17 at the Sheraton Downtown Phoenix. Tickets are $250 per person / Table Sponsorships are available. Please contact Andrea Evans at AndreaTylerEvans@gmail.com for more information.
· Pima County Citizens Are Urged To Attend The Pima County Board Of Supervisors Meeting On Tues., Sept 2 in an effort to ‘preserve election integrity in Pima County’, according to the Arizona Accountability Foundation. Purchase of new election equipment is on the agenda of the meeting scheduled at 9 am at 130 W Congress, first floor, board hearing room, Tucson. There is objection to County Administrator Chuck Huckleberry’s recommendation to change a long standing policy and exclude precinct scanners in the purchase. This new policy will mean that fewer citizens will have the ability to oversee the counts, according to opponents. Links to surveys on the issue: Keep Transparency And Independent Oversight In Pima Elections!!! https://www.surveymonkey.com/s/GR83HBM
or visit the website for Az Accountability Foundation and follow the survey link.
http://www.azaccountability.org/ Contact supervisors at (520) 724-8126 or
Reminder: It’s Time To Get Your Tickets for the Sept 3 Yavapai County Republican ‘Goldwater Remembrance and Republican Unity Rally’ scheduled between 5-8 pm, at Hotel St. Michael, 205 W. Gurley St., in downtown Prescott. Barry Goldwater, Jr has confirmed he will speak on his childhood memories of campaigning with his father. Free hors d'oeuvres and cake. The public is invited to share their memories and memorabilia. L.G. Mace, YCRC 2nd Vice Chair, who has one of the top three collections of Goldwater memorabilia in the nation will have a large display there that evening. Tickets L.G. Mace, Event Coordinator and Yavapai County Republican Committee 2nd Vice Chair at (928) 776-4500 or email him at email@example.com
· Former CD8 candidate Clair Van Steenwyk: “We fast forward to Saturday 8/30/14, we've completed the task of taking down over 300 signs including not only the original Campaign Signs but also the signs put up at the Precincts and of course the toppers Term Limit Signs as well, we lost approximately 1/3 of all signs and noticed that many seemed to have been removed just the last few days before the primary, so we hope those who decided that their opinions mattered more than the Freedoms of others enjoyed the emotional high they may have experienced...”
· ‘Dennis Michael Lynch Returns’ from 7-9 pm, Oct 4 at the Virginia Piper Theater, Scottsdale Civic Center mall, $20 per ticket. VIP reception on Oct 3 - $60 each. Organized by DML Present & Liz Alcorn Committee. RSVP: arizonafreedomalliance.ning.com/events/event/show
· Destroying Political Signs is a Class 2 Misdemeanor (ARS 16-1019 –political signs http://www.azleg.gov/ars/16/01019.htm ) if caught and prosecuted. If you see someone destroying or messing with Republican political signs in Maricopa County , please photograph them and take the photos to the victims or send them to MCRC Chairman A J LaFaro firstname.lastname@example.org
· The AZGOP Victory office, 10050 W. Bell Road, Sun City, AZ 85351 is open. Phone 623-977-4532. Office hours are from 9am-5 pm, Mon-Fri and from 10 am-2 pm, Sat. Volunteers are encouraged. Voters are welcome to drop by to pick up GOP information, candidate literature, etc. Volunteers are there to provide you with information. If anyone tries to push their personal preference in candidates on a visitor, the visitor should immediate report it to the office manager or the AZGOP Chairman. The office is there to service all Republicans and candidates. It is not to be used as an implied headquarters for any single candidate, according to AZGOP Chairman Robert Graham. Phyliss and Peter Lee 623-583-5987 or email@example.com
· ATTN: Candidates/LD leaders/Group Chairman: If you have sent events or announcements to Briefs that have not been posted (except endorsements) or that I have not responded to, please resend them. Messages can be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org If I do not respond with “thx” within 24 hours, please resend – using one or all of the above e-dressses. I’d rather get duplications than not receive your e-mails.
· Republican Candidate Announcements, fundraiser, neighborhood walks and other events can be sent to email@example.com for posting in the Briefs. In fairness to all GOP primary candidates, Briefs does not post endorsements, nor does it endorse any GOP candidates prior to the primary. See Briefs at Http://Archives.Mcrcbriefs.Org/
Aug 31 EVENTS
· The Center For Arizona Policy, Payson Ministerial Association, and Payson Mayor Kenny Evans invite you to a Praise & Worship Rally from 4-6 pm, Sun., Aug 31 at Rumsey Park Ball Field #2, 400 N McLane Rd., Payson, AZ. Rain out location – Payson First Church of the Nazarene, 200 E Tyler Parkway, Payson. Free event for whole family. Guests: Cathi Herrod of Center for Arizona Policy, Pastor Kelly Woolridge of Payson First Assembly, Isaac Bradford of Calvary Chapel, Pastor Rich Richey of Payson First Church of the Nazarene and the Payson Honor Guard. Flier Poster 602-424-2525.
SEPT 1 EVENTS
· A Coffee Chat with Councilman Gates is scheduled at 8 am, Tues., Sept 1 at the North Mountain Business Alliance, 1951 West North Lane, Phoenix, AZ 85021. Guest: Josh Bednarek- Phoenix Planning and Development Department. RSVP not required. Contact 602-262-7441 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
SEPT 2 EVENTS
· The Surprise Tea Party will meet at 6:30 pm, Tues., Sept 2 in the Grand Canyon Room of the Sun City West Foundation Plaza, 14465 W R H Johnson Blvd., Sun City West., AZ. to hear a presentation by Sharon Rondeau (via Skype), editor of the Post & Email tell the story of retired naval Commander Walter Fitzpatrick along with the judicial corruption which Walter discovered in the Monroe County, Tennessee grand jury system.
SEPT 3 EVENTS
· The Yavapai County Republicans 5-8 pm, Sept 3 ‘Goldwater Remembrance & Unity Rally’ in commemoration of the kick-off of the 50th anniversary of Barry Goldwater’s presidential campaign on the courthouse steps in Prescott will be celebrated at the Hotel St. Michael’s Ballroom, 205 W Gurley St., Prescott (corner ofGurley/Montezuma). Free parking at Prescott Parking Garage (behind hotel). All general election candidates are invited. Free event with hors d'oeuvres and a cash bar. Goldwater presidential campaign items will be on display, including buttons, banners and other campaign paraphernalia. Bring your own memorabilia and memories of Barry Goldwater and plan to share them, too. Souvenir Patron rosette ribbons have been sold out. However, there is still one Sponsor rosette ribbon still available for $100.00. They are on display at the Yavapai County Republican Committee office, 112B E. Union Street, Prescott, AZ 86303. If you would like to be a part of this historical event, you can call us at (928) 776-4500 or go online to Barry Goldwater Event to reserve your ribbon today. For additional information contact L.G. Mace, Event Coordinator and Yavapai County Republican Committee 2nd Vice Chair at (928) 776-4500 or email him at email@example.com.
SEPT 4 EVENTS
· Grand Canyon University Will Host “United We Stand” at 7 pm, Sept 4, with Sarah Palin and Dinesh D'Souza. 1/2 Price Tickets at www.960thepatriot.com and use code AZGOP for the discount.
SEPT 5 EVENTS
· Dr. Ben Carson Will Address The ‘Wake Up America’ Dinner scheduled Fri., Sept 5 at the Westin Kierland Resort in Phoenix. The fundraiser is the official launch for Wake Up America as a online media network – an alternative to today’s media.. Limited to 500. firstname.lastname@example.org 602.482.0017.
SEPT 6 EVENTS
· The University Of Arizona College Republicans Unity Rally And Fundraiser Featuring Congressman David Schweikert is scheduled at 6 pm, Sept 6 at the Radisson Suites, 6555 E Speedway Blvd., Tucson. Doors open at 6 pm. Meet and greet candidates and local organizations with a three course dinner. Tickets $35 per person or $65 per couple. Table for 8 - $325. Proceeds will benefit the University of Arizona College Republicans. RSVP: email@example.com.
· A Celebration Of Life Will Be Held For The Late Tommy Tucker at 2 pm, Sept 6 at Vista de la Montana United Methodist Church, 3001 E Miravista Lane, Tucson, AZ 85739. Services were held in Iowa earlier this month. Tucker. who passed away Aug 2. , was the Pinal County Republican Committee First Vice-Chairman since 2012. He served as the Chairman from 2006-2008. See obituary page for more details.
· The Sun City West Republican Club will meet at 8:30 am, Sat., Sept 6 at the Sun City West Foundations Building (Quail Room) 14465 R H Johnson Blvd., Sun City West Arizona. Doors open at 8 am with coffee/donuts. $2 donation. Speakers: Senator Judy Burges, LD22 Representatives Phil Lovas and David Livingston, and LD22 Chairman Eric Morgan. All candidates in attendance will be given time to speak. First time visitors are asked to call 602-421-8877.
WHAT CANDIDATES ARE SAYING:
CD2 candidate Martha McSally: Can you help me? Andrew, my finance director, told me we are close to our $25,000 goal for online supporters, but we need a few more supporters to step up to put us over the top. This is where it matters. What you give now is the difference between winning and losing on Election Day. Will you chip in $100, $50 or even $25 to help us reach our goal before midnight tomorrow night? Ron Barber has almost $500,000 more cash on hand than me - but we can catch him! With supporters like you standing with me, we’ll beat Ron and Nancy Pelosi. But, I need you to step up before Midnight tomorrow, August 31. https://action.mcsallyforcongress.com/contribute/
· Sheriff-Joe: Terrorists-Know-How-To-Get-Into-US 'The Border Is Still Not Secure, Anybody Can Cross'
· GOP-Obama-Needs-To-Respond-Faster-To-ISIS-Threat Mccain/Graham
· Conservatives Gain Ground, But Medicaid Not At Risk Robert Robb
MARINE SGT. ANDREW TAHMOORESSI (Jailed In MX)
· AZ Border Defenders Updated Daily
· Need2NoBorder News Watch
· Obama Weighs Delay In Immigration Plan Move To Ease Deportations Could Be Put Off Until After Democrats' Fight To Retain Senate
· Jimmy-Carter-Refuses-To-Cancel-Speech-For-Hamas-Front Terror-Tied Group Featuring Former President At Fundraiser
GOV RICK PERRY
LAW & ORDER
DEPT OF JUSTICE/HOLDER
GLOBAL WARMING aka Climate Change
SECRETARY OF STATE