- ► April (21)
- ► March (27)
- ► February (28)
- ► January (31)
- ► December (29)
- ► November (30)
- ► October (31)
- ► September (32)
- ► August (31)
- ► July (31)
- ► June (30)
- ► May (30)
- ► April (30)
- ► March (31)
- ► February (28)
- ► January (31)
- ► December (30)
- ► November (29)
- ► October (31)
- ► September (29)
- ► August (32)
- ► July (25)
- ► June (21)
- ► May (31)
- ► April (30)
- ► March (30)
- ► February (29)
- ► January (31)
- ► December (28)
- ► November (30)
- ► October (32)
- ▼ September (29)
- ► August (32)
- ► July (31)
- ► June (27)
- ► May (31)
- ► April (36)
- ► March (42)
- ► February (35)
- ► January (34)
- ► December (39)
- ► November (35)
- ► October (42)
- ► September (37)
- ► August (35)
- ► July (37)
- ► June (37)
- ► May (21)
- ► April (33)
- ► March (39)
- ► February (36)
- ► January (38)
- ► December (39)
- ► November (32)
- ► October (37)
- ► September (39)
- ► August (42)
Briefs Editor Frosty Taylor firstname.lastname@example.org
Web Master John Strasser
September 4, 2014
· Students Interested In Attending One Of The Military Academies can pick up applications between 8 am and noon, Sat., Sept 6 at the Prescott Office of Congressman Paul Gosar, 122 N. Cortez #104, in Prescott. Contact: Penny Pew at email@example.com or call 928-445-1683.
· LD13 Chairman Robert Branch: 350 more troops to Iraq. Less than two years ago, as Obama was pulling out of Iraq, he was warned that it was a big mistake and that he would be back in within two years. Obama did not listen for he was only concerned about getting reelected; you see he promised his supporters that he would pullout of Iraq. Obama got reelected, and less then two years later Obama is sending troops back there. Three month ago, he said that no troops would be sent back. One week later it was announced that troops are being sent over, but no more would be sent. Less that a week later, it was announced that more would be sent. More were sent, and more were sent, and now an it was announced today that an additional 350 are being sent.
· The Paradise Republican Women’s Club will meet at 11 am, Sat., Sept 13 at Gainey Ranch Golf Club, 7600 E Gainey Club Drive, Scottsdale AZ 85258. 10:30- social. Noon- lunch with speaker AZGOP Robert Graham. $28 per lunch. Reservations required. RSVP by Sept 10 to Click here for online payment - September Lunch. Checks payable PRWC with menu choice by September 11th. Mail to: Paradise Republican Women, PO Box 14425, Scottsdale AZ 85267.
· LD20 will meet at 7 pm, Mon., Sept 8 at 4650 W Sweetwater Ave. Glendale, according to Chairman Ray Malnar. The agenda includes General Election planning discussion. Republican candidates are welcome to bring yard Signs for distribution to PCs. Candidates will be allowed time to speak. Meet and Greet is at 6:30 pm. Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org or 602-931-3408.
· Congressman Paul Gosar will speak at 9 am, Oct 17 at the Community Job Fair scheduled at the Mohave Community College, 3400 Hwy 95, Rm 600 in Bullhead City. The fair runs from 9 am until noon. Contact Cristy Crow at 928-763-1145 or email@example.com
· It Has Been Brought To Briefs Attention that some of our Republican candidates are not precinct committeemen… Well, shame on them. They expect grassroots PCs to get out there and help get them elected. The least they can do is become PCs if they want to represent the party. If their precinct PC allotments weren’t filled during the recent elections, they should apply for appointments via their Legislative District Chairman.
· All Three LD 27 Republican Write In Candidates were successful in the Aug. 26 Primary Election and will appear on the ballot in November. Congratulations to Natalie Taswell for State Senate, and to Myron Jackson and Jose Tello for State House. Contact: Andrew Costanzo 480 677-0697
· Oops: Briefs identified former Supt of Public Education Lisa Graham Keegan as a Republican a couple of days ago. We are told that Keegan is now an Independent who is backing a Dem for Supt of Public Ed.
· Former Supt of Public Education (appointed) and former State Board of Education President Jaime Molera, a Republican, has also jumped ship in supporting a Dem for Supt of Ed. Check out: The establishment tries to bamboozle the voter aagain
Chairman Of The Arizona Republican Party Robert Graham today sent a sixth letter to the Democrat nominee Fred DuVal for governor of Arizona regarding his lifelong career as a lobbyist for special interests. “There is so much about you that is unknown, and I am eager to help ensure voters in Arizona know as much as possible about your background as they can,” said Graham. See Letter http://azgop.org/blog/
· Just Two Months Ago Special Interest Lobbyist Fred Duval issued a “Dark Money Challenge” to the Republican gubernatorial candidates, saying that people “have a right to know who’s paying to influence their vote” and calling on them to reject dark money. Today, a new so-called “dark money group” called Get Ahead With Fred was formed to help elect Fred DuVal. “Looks like Fred DuVal’s commitment to transparency lasted about as long as a bucket of ice in the Phoenix heat,” said Arizona Republican Party Chairman Robert Graham. “But did Arizona voters really expect anything less from a special interest lobbyist and political insider whose career has been built on favors and convenience? Fred DuVal failed his own challenge – there should be no doubt that he will also fail hard-working Arizona families.” The Arizona Republic’s Laurie Roberts previously commented on the pledge-in-name-only, writing, “Still, credit goes to DuVal for making the attempt.” (Laurie Roberts, “Fred DuVal Issues Dark Money Challenge,” The Arizona Republic, 7/23/14)
· Republican National Committeeman Bruce Ash of Tucson: While on his way to a NATO meeting President Obama condemned another ISIL beheading by declaring "we will not be intimidated . Justice will be done." Sound familiar? Initially the president offered what seemed to be an unambiguous goal: " Our objective is clear -- to degrade and destroy ISIL so it is no longer a threat," he said. This latest pronouncement appears to be an EXPANSION of what the President and top White House officials have said previously. But when a journalist asked the president to CLARIFY whether the United States now wants ISIL destroyed ... the president seemed to SIGNIFICANTLY backtrack. "Our objective is to make sure ISIL isn't an ongoing threat to the region," he said. THEN, in response to ANOTHER question, he seemed to backtrack EVEN FURTHER: "We know that if we are joined by the international community, we can continue to shrink ISIL's sphere of influence, its effectiveness, its military capability to the point where it is a MANAGEABLE PROBLEM." Turning ISIL... a force the president himself recently referred to as a "JV OUTFIT " ... into a "manageable problem" sounds like he is not at all up to the task of fighting Islamic Jihadists before they arrive at America's shores once again !
· The LD13 Sept 9 Meeting Has Been Cancelled due to scheduling difficulties of the scheduled speaker gubernatorial candidate Doug Ducey. LD13 will meet Oct 14 with guest speaker Congressman Paul Gosar, according to LD13 Chairman Robert Branch.
· Phx City Councilman Jim Waring: Last week, I sat down to film an 'On the Issues' episode with Senator John McCain to get his perspective on what's going on in the world, D.C. and the State. You can watch the episode here or click the screenshot below.
· Destroying Political Signs is a Class 2 Misdemeanor (ARS 16-1019 –political signs http://www.azleg.gov/ars/16/01019.htm ) if caught and prosecuted. If you see someone destroying or messing with Republican political signs for candidates in the General Election in Maricopa County, please photograph them and take the photos to the victims or send them to MCRC Chairman A J LaFaro firstname.lastname@example.org
CD3 GOP Candidate Saucedo Mercer can use all the help she can get to retire long-time Lefty Dem Congressman Raul Grijalva . Help her out with a donation at Http://Www.Saucedomercer.Com or volunteer to hold a meet and greet for her, distribution her literature, make phone calls.
· The Three Maricopa County Community College District 3 Board Candidates will Debate at 6-8 PM, Sept 4 in the Phoenix College, 3310 N. 10th Av., Phoenix, Osborn Site, Dome Conference Center.
· Election Results: See election tallies at Sec of State [Click Here] or Maricopa County Recorder: recorder.maricopa.gov/ElectionResults_CS/eresults.aspx or http://maricopa.arizonagop.us/
· Precinct Committeemen Elections SummaryReportPrecinctCommittemen.pdf
· Former CD Candidate Chuck Wooten is asking for donations to help reduce his campaign debt level of $2,354.00, most from legal fees. contribution or Wooten For Congress, PMB 187, 8110 S. Houghton Rd. #158, Tucson, AZ 85747.
· ATTN: Candidates/LD leaders/Group Chairman: If you have sent events or announcements to Briefs that have not been posted (except endorsements) or that I have not responded to, please resend them. Messages can be sent to email@example.com firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com If I do not respond with “thx” within 24 hours, please resend – using one or all of the above e-dressses. I’d rather get duplications than not receive your e-mails.
· Republican Candidate Announcements, fundraiser, neighborhood walks and other events can be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org for posting in the Briefs. In fairness to all GOP primary candidates, Briefs does not post endorsements, nor does it endorse any GOP candidates prior to the primary. See Briefs at Http://Archives.Mcrcbriefs.Org/
SEPT 5 EVENTS
· Dr. Ben Carson Will Address The ‘Wake Up America’ Dinner scheduled Fri., Sept 5 at the Westin Kierland Resort in Phoenix. The fundraiser is the official launch for Wake Up America as a online media network – an alternative to today’s media.. Limited to 500. email@example.com 602.482.0017.
· Services For LD21 Precinct Committee Mike Holland will be held at 5 pm, Fri., Sept 5 at the the Church of Christ, 10935 W Olive Ave, Peoria, AZ 85345 at 5 pm on Friday, Sept 5, 2014.Memorials can be made in Michael's (Mike) name to the local American Heart Assoc affiliate :https://www.heart.org/idc/groups/heart-public/@wcm/@tcs/documents/downloadable/ucm_430364.pdf or mailed to Mike's wife Lynette: 11526 N 146th Ave, Surprise, AZ 85379
SEPT 6 EVENTS
· The University Of Arizona College Republicans Unity Rally And Fundraiser Featuring Congressman David Schweikert is scheduled at 6 pm, Sept 6 at the Radisson Suites, 6555 E Speedway Blvd., Tucson. Doors open at 6 pm. Meet and greet candidates and local organizations with a three course dinner. Tickets $35 per person or $65 per couple. Table for 8 - $325. Proceeds will benefit the University of Arizona College Republicans. RSVP: firstname.lastname@example.org.
· A Celebration Of Life Will Be Held For The Late Tommy Tucker at 2 pm, Sept 6 at Vista de la Montana United Methodist Church, 3001 E Miravista Lane, Tucson, AZ 85739. Services were held in Iowa earlier this month. Tucker. who passed away Aug 2. , was the Pinal County Republican Committee First Vice-Chairman since 2012. He served as the Chairman from 2006-2008. See obituary page for more details.
· The Sun City West Republican Club will meet at 8:30 am, Sat., Sept 6 at the Sun City West Foundations Building (Quail Room) 14465 R H Johnson Blvd., Sun City West Arizona. Doors open at 8 am with coffee/donuts. $2 donation. Speakers: Senator Judy Burges, LD22 Representatives Phil Lovas and David Livingston, and LD22 Chairman Eric Morgan. All candidates in attendance will be given time to speak. First time visitors are asked to call 602-421-8877.
SEPT 8 EVENTS
· The Lincoln Republican Women will meet Mon, Sept 8 at the Double Tree Resort, 5401 N Scottsdale Rd, Scottsdale. $28 per person. 5:30 pm Meet and Greet, 6 pm Meeting/ Dinner, 6:30-7:30 pm Program. Speaker: AZGOP Chairman Robert Graham ‘Rally round the GOP Flag, Girls!’ RSVP: Call Judy Eisenhower 480-941-8162 Or email@example.com or Pat Kaufman at 480-368-2777 firstname.lastname@example.org Send your checks payable to the Lincoln Republican Women’s Club to Judy Eisenhower, 7915 E. Sage Dr., Scottsdale, AZ 85250.
· LD19 Will Meet At 7 Pm, Sept 8 (2nd Mon) in the conference room of Total Wine & More, 1416 N Litchfield Rd (Palm Valley Pavilions West Shopping Center) Litchfield Park, AZ. Contact LD 19 Chairman, Cherie Scott, email@example.com.
· A Meet And Greet For LD4 House Candidate Richard Hopkins is scheduled at 4:30 pm, Sat., Sept 6 starting at the Round Table Pizza on Avenu B/16 Street.
· Amanda Stanford, who won the Pinal Clerk of the Superior Court GOP primary race, will address the Arizona Project at 6:30 pm, Mon., Sept 8 at 3375 E. Shea Blvd. She won with 55% of the vote in the upset of her former boss, incumbent GOP Chad Roche. Roche gave the relatively unknown Stanford a great deal of free publicity at the start of the race when he tried to knock her off the ballot by way of a legal challenge to her signature petitions. Stanford will run unopposed in the November 4 general election and be sworn into office in January. She’s been unemployed since leaving her job in the Clerk’s office earlier this year to run for the top spot in the Pinal County Clerk’s office.
SEPT 9 EVENTS
· CANCELLED LD 13 Meets The 2nd Tuesday Of The Month At 7 Pm at PebbleCreek Tuscany Falls Clubhouse – Ball Room, 16222 Clubhouse Drive, Goodyear, AZ. 85395. Contact: Chairman Robert Branch, 602-334-6519.
· The Yavapai County Republican Committee Executive Committee Monthly Meeting will meet at 5:30 pm, Sept 9 in the Conference Room, YCRC Headquarters, 112B E. Union St., Prescott.
· LD28 Will Meet At 7 Pm, Sept 9 at the Madison School District Office, 5601 N. 16th St, Phx. All current and newly elected precinct committeemen (PCs) must sign in. No outside guests allowed. The following candidates will be in attendance: CD9 – Wendy Rogers, House – Kate Brophy McGee and Shawnna Bolick, Senate – Adam Driggs. Donations are asked to raise $1,000 for an upcoming mailings/election. Checks can be made to ‘”Republica Committee of LD18” and mailed to c/o Catherine Kauffman, 5201 East Mountain View Road, Paradise Valley, AZ 85253(please include your employer name and occupation). The next meeting is Oct. 4.
· Chino Valley and Central Yavapai Fire Districts Fire Chief Freitag will address the Highway 69 Republicans at 6 pm., Mon, Sept 9 at Puerta Vallart Restaurant, 11901 E Hwy 69 in Dewey. 5 pm social hour. Freitag oversees the second largest Fire District in the state. Limited seating. Reservations required. RSVP to June 928-632-4661 http://www.highway69republicans.com
· The Mingus Mountain Republican Club meets at 11:15 am, Sept 9 at the VFW Post #7400, 705 E. AspenSt., Cottonwood, AZ. Contact: Bob O'Connell (928) 301-4868 or firstname.lastname@example.org
· The Sahuarita Tea Party Patriots will celebrate its third anniversary at 6:30 pm, Sept 9 at the Triple Play Restaurant, 1570 W. Duval Mine Road with constitutional scholar and speaker Jeff Utsch. Utsch is a UofA grad, NCAA All-American swimmer, and Navy SEAL instructor. Sahuarita-Tea-Party
SEPT 10 EVENTS
· The Arrowhead Republican Women (ARW) will meet Wed, Sept 10 at Briarwood Country Club, 135th Ave & Meeker Blvd. in Sun City West. Check-in begins at 10:45 am, meeting begins promptly at 11:30 am. Cost for the luncheon which includes meal, meeting, and program is $20 payable by cash or check at time of arrival. Reservations required by Sept 5 at email@example.com The speaker will be Dr. C.T. Wright, founder of The Light of Hope Institute based in Fountain Hills, AZ. ARW is open to all Republican women. Republican men welcome as Associate members.
· The National Federation Of Republican Women will celebrate the 38th Biennial Convention at the JW Marriott Desert Ridge Resort and Spa in Phoenix between September 10-13, 2015. Details to follow at a later time. www.nfrw.org
WHAT CANDIDATES ARE SAYING:
· CD9 Candidate Wendy Rogers: Democrat Kyrsten Sinema recently launched a political ad entitled “Daniel” centering on the heartbreaking suicide of a soldier suffering from PTSD. “I find it sickening that Kyrsten Sinema would air such an ad. It is revolting that she would attempt to exploit a soldier’s suicide for her own political gain. As a veteran and social worker, I find this ad to be exploitative, offensive, and in poor taste. It is absolutely vile that Kyrsten Sinema and her campaign team would even consider an ad like this, and I hope that she will immediately cease airing this ad and issue an apology,” said Wendy Rogers. “By launching such a tasteless ad, Kyrsten Sinema is trying to distract from her record, as her rhetoric does not match reality. In 2012, she ran for Congress on the promise that she would help clear the VA backlog. Even though she knew there was a problem long before the issue hit national headlines when at least 40 veterans died, she did nothing to fix it. Sinema is a career bureaucrat and she has taken the typical Washington DC approach, standing by her fellow bureaucrats and calling for studies rather than immediate action. This has left veterans waiting for answers while Sinema puts her fellow bureaucrats ahead of her constituents,” said Rogers’ campaign manager, Martin Mastro. “Meanwhile, Wendy Rogers was the first to call for system administrators and VA Secretary Eric Shinseki to resign, and she also urged the adoption of several policy proposals to help get the VA back on the right track. Arizona voters want a congresswoman who will focus on cutting through bureaucracy and getting the job done, not another career bureaucrat like Kyrsten Sinema who thinks that do-nothing government is acceptable. Our veterans deserve better.”
· CD2 Candidate Martha McSally: We just learned that Nancy Pelosi’s campaign arm is going on the air again in an attempt to distort my record.The Democrats have reserved over $3 Million in my district, ensuring that we’ll be seeing plenty more of these misleading ads. This is a very big problem. It's why we need your help. Today my team and I are announcing a 24 Hour Rapid Reaction Fund and I'm asking you to help us fund it: $50 Needed Pelosi is dead serious about crushing us. Can you go to my secure donation page right now and help us fight back?Go here: contribute
· Gubernatorial Candidate Doug Ducey: We've hit the ground running in the general election bringing together Arizonans with our message of freedom and opportunity for all. Over the past week, all of my primary opponents have announced their support of my campaign for governor. They agree that hardworking taxpayers deserve a governor who will work to kick-start our economy and improve results in education. We also launched our Freedom & Opportunity Tour this week with a stop at Able Engineering in Mesa and a tele-townhall last night with the President & CEO of the Arizona Chamber of Commerce, Glenn Hamer. And in the weeks to come, we'll be traveling throughout the state meeting with employers who are creating jobs, and listening to the concerns of those who are educating and preparing our citizens for promising careers. If our campaign stands for any one idea, it's opportunity for all and the chance to get ahead. If you agree with what we're talking about on this campaign, I'd ask you to join us by volunteering. Thank you!
· CD2 Candidate Martha McSally today challenged Congressman Ron Barber to participate in four debates before the November election to ensure all voters in Southern Arizona have the opportunity to hear from the candidates on the issues. "The people of Southern Arizona are demanding solutions to the serious challenges facing our community and our country," said McSally. "That's why I challenge Congressman Barber to 4 debates in CD-2 before the election to ensure that all voters can get the information they need to make an informed decision. Under Congressman Barber, working class families and small businesses are still struggling, the border is not secure, our veterans are not getting the care and benefits they deserve, and our national security is at risk. He has failed us by lining up with a partisan agenda when it mattered most and avoided taking positions on important issues. There is a clear contrast between us, and I look forward to presenting that contrast to voters in person."
· Sheriff-Arpaio: Stop-All Of This Garbage-Gets-Us "It's A 2,000-Mile Border, And You Never Know Who's Going To Cross That Border..."
· Defining-Ron-Barber Barber Has Failed To Be Effective On The Issues Most Important To Southern Arizonans. CD2 Race With Martha Mcsally (R)
· Money Talks, Will McCain Talk Back? Montini
· Where Is The 'Affordable' In -Affordable-Care-Act? Tom Jenney
· Grand-Canyon-Gondola Grand Canyon Cable-Car Project Ignites Controversy Over Sacred Land, Economic Impact
· AZGOP-To-Fred-Duval: What-Were-You-Thinking
ARIZONA FREEDOM ALLIANCE
MARINE SGT. ANDREW TAHMOORESSI (Jailed In MX)
· AZ Border Defenders Updated Daily
· Need2NoBorder News Watch
· DNC-Chair-Inflicts-Black-Eye-With-GOP-Slap 'Remarks Were Absolutely Hideous And Motive Behind Them Was Despicable'
GOV RICK PERRY
DR. BEN CARSON
DEPT OF JUSTICE/HOLDER
COMMON CORE/AGENDA 21
SECRETARY OF STATE
· Tom-Delay: Obama-Paralyzed-By-Muslim-Sympathies ISIS Failure Attributed To Religious Background, Ideology, Incompetence
· Obama-Silent-On-Crisis-Threatening-200,000 'The U.S. Has Done Virtually Nothing'
· ISIS-Wont-Stay-In-Middle-East 'The American People Don't Understand These People Aren't Going To Stop'