- ► March (23)
- ► February (28)
- ► January (31)
- ► December (29)
- ► November (30)
- ► October (31)
- ► September (32)
- ► August (31)
- ► July (31)
- ► June (30)
- ► May (30)
- ► April (30)
- ► March (31)
- ► February (28)
- ► January (31)
- ► December (30)
- ► November (29)
- ► October (31)
- ► September (29)
- ► August (32)
- ► July (25)
- ► June (21)
- ► May (31)
- ► April (30)
- ► March (30)
- ► February (29)
- ► January (31)
- ► December (28)
- ► November (30)
- ► October (32)
- ▼ September (29)
- ► August (32)
- ► July (31)
- ► June (27)
- ► May (31)
- ► April (36)
- ► March (42)
- ► February (35)
- ► January (34)
- ► December (39)
- ► November (35)
- ► October (42)
- ► September (37)
- ► August (35)
- ► July (37)
- ► June (37)
- ► May (21)
- ► April (33)
- ► March (39)
- ► February (36)
- ► January (38)
- ► December (39)
- ► November (32)
- ► October (37)
- ► September (39)
- ► August (42)
Briefs Editor Frosty Taylor email@example.com
Web Master John Strasser
September 6, 2014
· CD3 GOP Candidate Gabby Saucedo Mercer can use all the help she can get to retire long-time Lefty Dem Congressman Raul Grijalva. Help her out with a donation at Http://Www.Saucedomercer.Com or volunteer to hold a meet and greet for her, distribution her literature, make phone calls. Or contact Gabby's Maricopa County coordinator Andrew Costanzo at 480 677-0697 or firstname.lastname@example.org
· The LD13 Sept 9 Meeting Has Been Cancelled due to scheduling difficulties of the scheduled speaker gubernatorial candidate Doug Ducey. LD13 will meet Oct 14 with guest speaker Congressman Paul Gosar, according to LD13 Chairman Robert Branch.
· Never say can't There are no words that can adequately describe this young Lady! Just when you think you've seen it all in personal achievement. Along comes someone who pushes the bar beyond our imagination!
· A Fundraiser For CD3 Candidate Gabby Saucedo-Mercer is scheduled at 6 pm, Wed., Oct 1 at the American Legion Post 19 in Yuma. VIP gathering at the Main Squeeze before, and steak dinner at 6:00. The event is co-hosted by LD13 Sen Don Shooter and LD13 Reps Steve Montenegro and Darin Mitchell.
· The Colorado River Tea Party meets at 6 pm, Sept 11 at the Community Christian Church, 6480 E. Hwy 95, in Yuma.
· LD23 Will Meet At 7 PM, Sept 11 at the Scottsdale Public Library- Mustang Branch. 10101 N 90th St, Scottsdale. Registration at 6:30 pm. Former State Rep Jonathan Paton will address ‘YES on 12’ - an amendment to the AZ Constitution which seeks to protect state sovereignty and resist federal overreach. All newly elected LD 23 PCs are encouraged to attend.
The Fountain Hill AZ Tea Party will meet at 6:30 pm, Sept 16,(3rd Tues) at the Fountain Hills Unified School District Learning Center, 16000 E Palisades Blvd. (Palisades Blvd. & Golden Eagle Blvd.) featuring Jonathan Paton, former AZ State Rep and advocate for YES on 122, an amendment to the AZ Constitution, seeks to protect state sovereignty. Incumbent Sen candidate John Kavanagh and former Republican Paula Pennypacker -now the Dem candidate - for Senate will face off in a forum. Free admission. Donations welcome Contact: Richard Rutkowski email@example.com or www.fhteaparty.org
· Dinesh D’Souza (R), Jacob Hornberger (L) and Andrei Cherny (D) debate “The Proper Role Of Government For American’s Future” at the 7 pm, Sept 27 Gila Ridge Performing Arts Center in Yuma. dinesh-dsouza-jacob-hornberger-and-andrei-cherny-come-to-yuma-arizona
· The Palo Verde Republican Women will meet at 11:30 am, Sept. 17 at the Grayhawk Golf Club, 8620 E Thompson Peak Parkway, Scottsdale. Lunch $25, Social 11 am. Speaker - Cochise County Sheriff Mark Dannels will address the southern border issues. PVRW member border. PVRW member Peg Cottle will give a slide presentation of her three month stay at Fisher House while her son, a double amputee, was recovering. State Treasurer candidate Jeff DeWit will auction off original art - proceeds go to Fisher House. RSVP contact Edith Stock: firstname.lastname@example.org or call 480-298-7818 (C).
· The Fountain Hills Republican Club Picnic is scheduled from 4 -6:30 pm, Sat., Sept 20 at the Fountain Hills American Legion featuring Republican candidates in the November Election. Fried chicken/hamburgers and side dishes will be served. $12 tickets for members. $15 for non-members.
· ‘Dennis Michael Lynch Returns’ from 7-9 pm, Oct 4 at the Virginia Piper Theater, Scottsdale Civic Center mall, organized by DML Present & Liz Alcorn Committee. $20 per ticket. VIP reception on Oct 3 - $60 each. RSVP: http://dennismichaellynch.eventbite.com
· The Colorado River Tea Party Candidate Forum is scheduled from 1-4 pm, Sat., Oct 4 at Arizona Western College which will be broadcast live on KCYK , Outlaw Country, 1400 on the radio dial. All candidates will be invited.
· All Three LD 27 Republican Write In Candidates were successful in the Aug. 26 Primary Election and will appear on the ballot in November. Congratulations to Natalie Taswell for State Senate, and to Myron Jackson and Jose Tello for State House. Contact: Andrew Costanzo 480 677-0697
· A Holocaust Film Will Be Shown during the 5—8 pm, Sept 17 open house at the Freedom Library in Yuma to celebrate Constitution Day. Local holocaust survivors will also speak. The purpose of the program is to remind people that honoring the constitution would prevent another such horrific event.
· Destroying Political Signs is a Class 2 Misdemeanor (ARS 16-1019 –political signs http://www.azleg.gov/ars/16/01019.htm ) if caught and prosecuted. If you see someone destroying or messing with Republican political signs for candidates in the General Election in Maricopa County, please photograph them and take the photos to the victims or send them to MCRC Chairman A J LaFaro email@example.com
· Election Results: See election tallies at Sec of State [Click Here] or Maricopa County Recorder: recorder.maricopa.gov/ElectionResults_CS/eresults.aspx or http://maricopa.arizonagop.us/
· Precinct Committeemen Elections SummaryReportPrecinctCommittemen.pdf
· ATTN: Candidates/LD leaders/Group Chairman: If you have sent events or announcements to Briefs that have not been posted (except endorsements) or that I have not responded to, please resend them. Messages can be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org If I do not respond with “thx” within 24 hours, please resend – using one or all of the above e-dressses. I’d rather get duplications than not receive your e-mails.
· Republican Candidate Announcements, fundraiser, neighborhood walks and other events can be sent to email@example.com for posting in the Briefs. In fairness to all GOP primary candidates, Briefs does not post endorsements, nor does it endorse any GOP candidates prior to the primary. See Briefs at Http://Archives.Mcrcbriefs.Org/
SEPT 8 EVENTS
· LD20 will meet at 7 pm, Mon., Sept 8 at 4650 W Sweetwater Ave. Glendale, according to Chairman Ray Malnar. The agenda includes General Election planning discussion. Republican candidates are welcome to bring yard Signs for distribution to PCs. Candidates will be allowed time to speak. Meet and Greet is at 6:30 pm. Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org or 602-931-3408.
· The Lincoln Republican Women will meet Mon, Sept 8 at the Double Tree Resort, 5401 N Scottsdale Rd, Scottsdale. $28 per person. 5:30 pm Meet and Greet, 6 pm Meeting/ Dinner, 6:30-7:30 pm Program. Speaker: AZGOP Chairman Robert Graham ‘Rally round the GOP Flag, Girls!’ RSVP: Call Judy Eisenhower 480-941-8162 Or email@example.com or Pat Kaufman at 480-368-2777 firstname.lastname@example.org Send your checks payable to the Lincoln Republican Women’s Club to Judy Eisenhower, 7915 E. Sage Dr., Scottsdale, AZ 85250.
· LD19 Will Meet At 7 Pm, Sept 8 (2nd Mon) in the conference room of Total Wine & More, 1416 N Litchfield Rd (Palm Valley Pavilions West Shopping Center) Litchfield Park, AZ. Contact LD 19 Chairman Cherie Scott email@example.com.
· A Meet And Greet For LD4 House Candidate Richard Hopkins is scheduled at 4:30 pm, Sat., Sept 6 starting at the Round Table Pizza on Avenue B/16 Street.
· Amanda Stanford, who won the Pinal Clerk of the Superior Court GOP primary race, will address the Arizona Project at 6:30 pm, Mon., Sept 8 at 3375 E. Shea Blvd. She won with 55% of the vote in the upset of her former boss, incumbent GOP Chad Roche. Roche gave the relatively unknown Stanford a great deal of free publicity at the start of the race when he tried to knock her off the ballot by way of a legal challenge to her signature petitions. Stanford will run unopposed in the November 4 general election and be sworn into office in January. She’s been unemployed since leaving her job in the Clerk’s office earlier this year to run for the top spot in the Pinal County Clerk’s office.
SEPT 9 EVENTS
· CANCELLED LD 13 Meets The 2nd Tuesday Of The Month At 7 Pm at PebbleCreek Tuscany Falls Clubhouse – Ball Room, 16222 Clubhouse Drive, Goodyear, AZ. 85395. Contact: Chairman Robert Branch, 602-334-6519.
· The Yavapai County Republican Committee Executive Committee Monthly Meeting will meet at 5:30 pm, Sept 9 in the Conference Room, YCRC Headquarters, 112B E. Union St., Prescott.
· Shane Krauser will be hosting Freedom Fires Live at 6:30 pm, Tues., Sept 9 at the Burke Basic School, 131 E Southern Ave., Mesa. Cost: $2 (17 and under are free). FreedomFires.com. The East Valley Tea Party will meet at 8 pm, directly following Freedom Fires. Everyone is invited to stay and hear Buckley Merrill, the chairman of the East Valley Tea Party.
· LD28 Will Meet At 7 Pm, Sept 9 at the Madison School District Office, 5601 N. 16th St, Phx. All current and newly elected precinct committeemen (PCs) must sign in. No outside guests allowed. The following candidates will be in attendance: CD9 – Wendy Rogers, House – Kate Brophy McGee and Shawnna Bolick, Senate – Adam Driggs. Donations are asked to raise $1,000 for an upcoming mailings/election. Checks can be made to ‘”Republica Committee of LD18” and mailed to c/o Catherine Kauffman, 5201 East Mountain View Road, Paradise Valley, AZ 85253(please include your employer name and occupation). The next meeting is Oct. 4.
· Chino Valley and Central Yavapai Fire Districts Fire Chief Freitag will address the Highway 69 Republicans at 6 pm., Mon, Sept 9 at Puerta Vallarte Restaurant, 11901 E Hwy 69 in Dewey. 5 pm social hour. Freitag oversees the second largest Fire District in the state. Limited seating. Reservations required. RSVP to June 928-632-4661 http://www.highway69republicans.com
· The Mingus Mountain Republican Club meets at 11:15 am, Sept 9 at the VFW Post #7400, 705 E. AspenSt., Cottonwood, AZ. Contact: Bob O'Connell (928) 301-4868 or firstname.lastname@example.org
· The Sahuarita Tea Party Patriots will celebrate its third anniversary at 6:30 pm, Sept 9 at the Triple Play Restaurant, 1570 W. Duval Mine Road with constitutional scholar and speaker Jeff Utsch. Utsch is a UofA grad, NCAA All-American swimmer, and Navy SEAL instructor. Sahuarita-Tea-Party
SEPT 10 EVENTS
· The Arrowhead Republican Women (ARW) will meet Wed, Sept 10 at Briarwood Country Club, 135th Ave & Meeker Blvd. in Sun City West. Check-in begins at 10:45 am, meeting begins promptly at 11:30 am. Cost for the luncheon which includes meal, meeting, and program is $20 payable by cash or check at time of arrival. Reservations required by Sept 5 at email@example.com The speaker will be Dr. C.T. Wright, founder of The Light of Hope Institute based in Fountain Hills, AZ. ARW is open to all Republican women. Republican men welcome as Associate members.
· The National Federation Of Republican Women will celebrate the 38th Biennial Convention at the JW Marriott Desert Ridge Resort and Spa in Phoenix between September 10-13, 2015. Details to follow at a later time. www.nfrw.org
SEPT 11 EVENTS
· Central Republican Women Of Phoenix will hear columnist Robert Robb during their 6:15 pm, Sept 11 dinner meeting at the Hilton Garden Inn, 4000 N. Central Ave., Phx. Social hour at 5:30 pm. Dinner - $22 per person. Reservations: Tina Show at 623-034-9730 or firstname.lastname@example.org by Sept 7.
· The Colorado River Tea Party is planning to remind the citizens of Yuma that we will 'Not Forget 9-11', also known as Patriots Day! An 8 am demonstration will be held at the Southeast corner of 16th St. & 4th Ave. At 8:46 am they will gather for a moment of silence followed by a prayer. They will stay at the corner demonstrating our patriotism until 11 am or until it gets too hot!! They will have a trailer there with water. Participants are asked to bring their own signs and American flags. Wear light clothing, sun screen, and hat.
SEPT 12 EVENTS
· The Paradise Republican Women will host an evening with AZGOP Chairman Robert Graham and US Sen Mike Lee of Utah at a dinner scheduled Sept 12 at the Scottsdale Plaza Resort, 7200 N Scottsdale Rd., Scottsdale. 6 pm reception, 7 pm dinner. $125 per person, $50 for precinct committeeman. RSVP Chairman Lori Urban 480-221-9633 or email@example.com to club tables.
· The Friends of the NRA ‘Old West Banquet and Auction’ is scheduled at 5:30 pm, Sept 12 at the Embassy Suites, 2577 W Greenway Road, Phx. Tickets here
· A Night Golf with Councilman Gates and Councilman Valenzuela is planned at 5:30 pm, Fri., Sept 12 (Tee time – 6:30 pm) at Palo Verde Golf Course, 6215 N. 15th Ave. Phoenix 85015. RSVP by Sept 8 to firstname.lastname@example.org or 602-262-7441. $25 per person, which includes green fees and glow ball. All proceeds go to Phoenix Junior Golf.
SEPT 13 EVENTS
· The Paradise Republican Women’s Club will meet at 11 am, Sat., Sept 13 at Gainey Ranch Golf Club, 7600 E Gainey Club Drive, Scottsdale AZ 85258. 10:30- social. Noon- lunch with speaker AZGOP Robert Graham. $28 per lunch. Reservations required. RSVP by Sept 10 to Click here for online payment - September Lunch. Checks payable PRWC with menu choice by September 11th. Mail to: Paradise Republican Women, PO Box 14425, Scottsdale AZ 85267.
· GOP Activist Alice Lara will be a guest on the 8 Pm, Sat., Sept 13 Terry Gilberg Show at KFYI 550AM .
WHAT CANDIDATES ARE SAYING:
· Gubernatorial Candidate Doug Ducey: It's been another great week on the Ducey campaign and the momentum continues to grow. I look forward to expanding my broad coalition and taking my message of opportunity and freedom across the state. Here are some of this week's highlights: I kicked off my Freedom and Opportunity Tour with Congressman Matt Salmon and Able Engineering CEO Lee Benson in Mesa to tour his manufacturing facility. On Wednesday, I held a tele-town hall with Glenn Hamer, CEO of the Arizona Chamber of Commerce to talk about issues facing small businesses and hardworking Arizona taxpayers. I received the endorsement of Arizona Christian Link Founder Pastor José Gonzalez. I hosted an ice cream social with other Hispanic pastors in the West Valley with Sen. Jeff Flake and Pastor Gonzalez. Earlier this week I was featured on Mujeres Únicas, a Spanish-language talk show on KNUV 1190 AM. Listen to a clip, here, and had a front-page story in Prensa Hispana, Arizona's #1 Hispanic Newspaper. I was proud to be endorsed by my former primary opponents Ken Bennett, Christine Jones, Scott Smith, Frank Riggs and Andrew Thomas. Over the past week, I released endorsements from all four members of Arizona's Republican delegation in the U.S. House of Representatives: congressmen Paul Gosar, Matt Salmon, Trent Franks and David Schweikert. See you on the campaign trail, and again, thank you for your continued support!
· Memo-To-GOP-Heres-How-To-Attract-Women Top CEO Schools Party On Engaging Female Voters With Conservative Ideas
MARINE SGT. ANDREW TAHMOORESSI (Jailed In MX)
· AZ Border Defenders Updated Daily
· Need2NoBorder News Watch
DR. BEN CARSON
· This Mother Is Asking Tough Questions About Black-On-Black Crime... And It's Deeply Personal "That’s What Angered Me..."
WAR ON WOMEN
DEPT OF JUSTICE/HOLDER
COMMON CORE/AGENDA 21
· Inspector-Generals-Say-Obama-Obstructing-Justice What Is He Hiding?