- ► October (23)
- ► September (30)
- ► August (31)
- ► July (31)
- ► June (30)
- ► May (31)
- ► April (24)
- ► March (27)
- ► February (28)
- ► January (31)
- ► December (29)
- ► November (30)
- ► October (31)
- ► September (32)
- ► August (31)
- ► July (31)
- ► June (30)
- ► May (30)
- ► April (30)
- ► March (31)
- ► February (28)
- ► January (31)
- ► December (30)
- ► November (29)
- ► October (31)
- ► September (29)
- ► August (32)
- ► July (25)
- ► June (21)
- ► May (31)
- ► April (30)
- ► March (30)
- ► February (29)
- ► January (31)
- ► December (28)
- ► November (30)
- ► October (32)
- ▼ September (29)
- ► August (32)
- ► July (31)
- ► June (27)
- ► May (31)
- ► April (36)
- ► March (42)
- ► February (35)
- ► January (34)
- ► December (39)
- ► November (35)
- ► October (42)
- ► September (37)
- ► August (35)
- ► July (37)
- ► June (37)
- ► May (21)
- ► April (33)
- ► March (39)
- ► February (36)
- ► January (38)
- ► December (39)
- ► November (32)
- ► October (37)
- ► September (39)
- ► August (42)
Briefs Editor Frosty Taylor firstname.lastname@example.org
Web Master John Strasser
September 7, 2014
· MCRC Chairman A J LaFaro: Here is the Maricopa County Precinct Election Report - a PDF file and a great reference tool. The "Voted" and "Voter" files for Maricopa County should be available early next week.
· MCRC Chairman A J LaFaro: In accordance with the MCRC Bylaws, appointed Precinct Committeemen (PCs) who didn't run for PC or didn't get elected in the Aug 26 Primary terms have expired and they are no longer PCs. Any appointed PCs that meet the above criteria no longer have voting privileges within their LD or the MCRC effectively immediately. We thank them for their service while being one. If they are interested in reapplying to be an appointed PC, they should complete the "Request for Precinct Committeeman Appointment" Form found in the MCRC Continuing Bylaws at http://maricopa.arizonagop.us/page.php?t=MCRC_ByLaws_2013 We will be reviewing, and possibly approving PC applications after the January 2015 Statutory
o Qualifications of Membership: An elected or appointed PC must be a registered Republican voter living within the precinct.
o Term: The term of office for an elected PC is two years, beginning the day after the primary election is certified in even numbered years. The term of an appointed PC will also end on the day the primary election is certified.
o Vacancies: Vacancies are created by death, resignation, or when a PC moves from the precinct from which that person is elected or appointed. (See Appendix III for resignation form.) Also, a vacancy occurs when there is a failure to elect the allowed number of PCs at the primary election. Vacancies will not be filled by appointment until after the State Organization Meeting.
o Filling Vacancy by Appointment: The District Chairman and the Precinct Captain are charged jointly with the responsibility of appointing PCs to fill vacancies. When the District Chairman receives the notice of a vacancy in a precinct, the Precinct Captain shall be notified within the next 5 days. The Precinct Captain may recommend such appointments to the District Chairman. (See Appendix II for the appointment form.) If the District Chairman approves, he must sign the appointment within fifteen (15) days of receipt. Within the next fifteen (15) days, the MCRC Chairman, if he approves, must certify the appointment and forward to the Chairman of the Board of Supervisors for appointment.If the Precinct Captain and the District Chairman disagree regarding the person to be appointed, the MCRC Chairman, within fifteen (15) days of the notice of disagreement, will make the certification based upon an evaluation of the recommendations of the Precinct Captain and the District Chairman. If both the Precinct Captain and the District Chairman fail to appoint PCs to fill vacancies, the MCRC Chairman shall give fifteen (15) days written notice to the District Chairman of his intention to make a recommendation for appointment of a specific person. Should the District Chairman not offer a name for the proposed appointment within the next fifteen (15) days, the MCRC Chairman may make the recommendation of appointment.
· 50 Richest Congressmen Sen John McCain jumped from #57 to #27 on the list this past year. Wife Cindy McCain credited with increase from $6.43 M to $15.17 M. Congressman Trent Franks went from #31 last year to #39 this year.
· Former LD4 Senator Jack Harper is asking for prayers for his mom Judith Harper tonight. She is in the hospital with possible pneumonia or more serious problems.
· ‘Dennis Michael Lynch Returns’ from 7-9 pm, Oct 4 at the Virginia Piper Theater, Scottsdale Civic Center mall, organized by DML Present & Liz Alcorn Committee. $20 per ticket. VIP reception on Oct 3 - $60 each. RSVP: http://dennismichaellynch.eventbite.comJim O’Connor at 602-538-9387 for tickets.
· The Tucson Republican Women’s Club 30th Anniversary Celebration Luncheon and Fashion Show will be held at noon, Sat., Sept 20 at the Viscount Suite Hotel, 4855 E Broadway, Tucson, Arizona 85711. Bring a guest. Past Presidents will be exhibiting their scrapbooks. Clothing for Fashion Show from Plaza Palomino 2930 N. Swan Rd. #120. $30 per ticket. Reservations required. RSVP: Chairman Caroline Straub at 722-7447 or email@example.com
· The LD13 Sept 9 Meeting Has Been Cancelled due to scheduling difficulties of the scheduled speaker gubernatorial candidate Doug Ducey. LD13 will meet Oct 14 with guest speaker Congressman Paul Gosar, according to LD13 Chairman Robert Branch.
· A Meet And Greet For LD28 House Candidate Shawnna Bolick (House) LD18 House candidate Jill Norgaard at 4:30 pm, Tues., Sept 16 at Macayos.
· CD3 GOP Candidate Gabby Saucedo Mercer can use all the help she can get to retire long-time Lefty Dem Congressman Raul Grijalva . Help her out with a donation at Http://Www.Saucedomercer.Com or volunteer to hold a meet and greet for her, distribution her literature, make phone calls. Or contact Gabby's Maricopa County coordinator Andrew Costanzo at 480 677-0697 or firstname.lastname@example.org
· Sheriff Joe Arpaio, Phx Councilwoman Thelda Williams and the K-9 Drug Enforcement Unit will visit with the Black Mountain Community Alliance at 6:30 pm, Wed., Sept 10. email@example.com
· Phx City Councilman Tom Simplot and Retired Budget Director Cathy Gleason will speak at a Special COPRA Meeting at 1 pm, Tues, Oct 7, at the Washington Activity Center, 2240 West Citrus Way, Phx. (23rd Ave/Glendale). Simplot and Gleason co-chair the Phoenix Citizens for Pension Responsibility. They will discuss the negative impact Proposition 487 will have on pensions. See Prop 487 fact sheet Click Here
· Got to hand it to Mohave County Supervisor Buster Johnson. Every time there is flooding, he is alerting people of road closures.
· Never Say Can't There are no words that can adequately describe this young Lady! Just when you think you've seen it all in personal achievement. Along comes someone who pushes the bar beyond our imagination!
· The Phoenix Chapter Of Executive Women International Invites You To Participate In Its 2014 Annual Fundraiser Between 1-3 Pm, Sat., Sept 29 At The Desert Hills Bowling Ctr., 2959 E. Bell Rd, Phx. Silent Auction. 50/50 Raffle. Reservations 623-512-4707
· All Three LD 27 Republican Write In Candidates were successful in the Aug. 26 Primary Election and will appear on the ballot in November. Congratulations to Natalie Taswell for State Senate, and to Myron Jackson and Jose Tello for State House. Contact: Andrew Costanzo 480 677-0697
· Destroying Political Signs is a Class 2 Misdemeanor (ARS 16-1019 –political signs http://www.azleg.gov/ars/16/01019.htm ) if caught and prosecuted. If you see someone destroying or messing with Republican political signs for candidates in the General Election in Maricopa County, please photograph them and take the photos to the victims or send them to MCRC Chairman A J LaFaro firstname.lastname@example.org
· Election Results: See election tallies at Sec of State [Click Here] or Maricopa County Recorder: recorder.maricopa.gov/ElectionResults_CS/eresults.aspx or http://maricopa.arizonagop.us/
· Precinct Committeemen Elections SummaryReportPrecinctCommittemen.pdf
· ATTN: Candidates/LD leaders/Group Chairman: If you have sent events or announcements to Briefs that have not been posted (except endorsements) or that I have not responded to, please resend them. Messages can be sent to email@example.com firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com If I do not respond with “thx” within 24 hours, please resend – using one or all of the above e-dressses. I’d rather get duplications than not receive your e-mails.
· Republican Candidate Announcements, fundraiser, neighborhood walks and other events can be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org for posting in the Briefs. In fairness to all GOP primary candidates, Briefs does not post endorsements, nor does it endorse any GOP candidates prior to the primary. See Briefs at Http://Archives.Mcrcbriefs.Org/
SEPT 8 EVENTS
· LD20 will meet at 7 pm, Mon., Sept 8 at 4650 W Sweetwater Ave. Glendale, according to Chairman Ray Malnar. The agenda includes General Election planning discussion. Republican candidates are welcome to bring yard Signs for distribution to PCs. Candidates will be allowed time to speak. Meet and Greet is at 6:30 pm. Contact: email@example.com or 602-931-3408.
· LD19 Will Meet At 7 Pm, Sept 8 (2nd Mon) in the conference room of Total Wine & More, 1416 N Litchfield Rd (Palm Valley Pavilions West Shopping Center) Litchfield Park, AZ. Contact LD 19 Chairman, Cherie Scott, firstname.lastname@example.org.
· The Lincoln Republican Women will meet Mon, Sept 8 at the Double Tree Resort, 5401 N Scottsdale Rd, Scottsdale. $28 per person. 5:30 pm Meet and Greet, 6 pm Meeting/ Dinner, 6:30-7:30 pm Program. Speaker: AZGOP Chairman Robert Graham ‘Rally round the GOP Flag, Girls!’ RSVP: Call Judy Eisenhower 480-941-8162 Or email@example.com or Pat Kaufman at 480-368-2777 firstname.lastname@example.org Send your checks payable to the Lincoln Republican Women’s Club to Judy Eisenhower, 7915 E. Sage Dr., Scottsdale, AZ 85250.
· A Meet And Greet For LD4 House Candidate Richard Hopkins is scheduled at 4:30 pm, Sat., Sept 6 starting at the Round Table Pizza on Avenue B/16 Street.
· Amanda Stanford, Who Won The Pinal Clerk Of The Superior Court GOP primary race, will address the Arizona Project at 6:30 pm, Mon., Sept 8 at 3375 E. Shea Blvd.
SEPT 9 EVENTS
· CANCELLED LD 13 Meets The 2nd Tuesday Of The Month At 7 Pm at PebbleCreek Tuscany Falls Clubhouse – Ball Room, 16222 Clubhouse Drive, Goodyear, AZ. 85395. Contact: Chairman Robert Branch, 602-334-6519.
· LD28 Will Meet At 7 Pm, Sept 9 at the Madison School District Office, 5601 N. 16th St, Phx. All current and newly elected precinct committeemen (PCs) must sign in. No outside guests allowed. The following candidates will be in attendance: CD9 – Wendy Rogers, House – Kate Brophy McGee and Shawnna Bolick, Senate – Adam Driggs. Donations are asked to raise $1,000 for an upcoming mailings/election. Checks can be made to ‘”Republica Committee of LD18” and mailed to c/o Catherine Kauffman, 5201 East Mountain View Road, Paradise Valley, AZ 85253(please include your employer name and occupation). The next meeting is Oct. 4.
· The Yavapai County Republican Committee Executive Committee Monthly Meeting will meet at 5:30 pm, Sept 9 in the Conference Room, YCRC Headquarters, 112B E. Union St., Prescott.
· Shane Krauser will be hosting Freedom Fires Live at 6:30 pm, Tues., Sept 9 at the Burke Basic School, 131 E Southern Ave., Mesa. Cost: $2 (17 and under are free). FreedomFires.com.
· The East Valley Tea Party will meet at 8 pm, directly following Freedom Fires. Everyone is invited to stay and hear Buckley Merrill, the chairman of the East Valley Tea Party.
· Chino Valley and Central Yavapai Fire Districts Fire Chief Freitag will address the Highway 69 Republicans at 6 pm., Mon, Sept 9 at Puerta Vallart Restaurant, 11901 E Hwy 69 in Dewey. 5 pm social hour. Freitag oversees the second largest Fire District in the state. Limited seating. Reservations required. RSVP to June 928-632-4661 http://www.highway69republicans.com
· The Mingus Mountain Republican Club meets at 11:15 am, Sept 9 at the VFW Post #7400, 705 E. AspenSt., Cottonwood, AZ. Contact: Bob O'Connell (928) 301-4868 or email@example.com
· The Sahuarita Tea Party Patriots will celebrate its third anniversary at 6:30 pm, Sept 9 at the Triple Play Restaurant, 1570 W. Duval Mine Road with constitutional scholar and speaker Jeff Utsch. Utsch is a UofA grad, NCAA All-American swimmer, and Navy SEAL instructor. Sahuarita-Tea-Party
SEPT 10 EVENTS
· The Arrowhead Republican Women (ARW) will meet Wed, Sept 10 at Briarwood Country Club, 135th Ave & Meeker Blvd. in Sun City West. Check-in begins at 10:45 am, meeting begins promptly at 11:30 am. Cost for the luncheon which includes meal, meeting, and program is $20 payable by cash or check at time of arrival. Reservations required by Sept 5 at firstname.lastname@example.org The speaker will be Dr. C.T. Wright, founder of The Light of Hope Institute based in Fountain Hills, AZ. ARW is open to all Republican women. Republican men welcome as Associate members.
· The National Federation Of Republican Women will celebrate the 38th Biennial Convention at the JW Marriott Desert Ridge Resort and Spa in Phoenix between September 10-13, 2015. Details to follow at a later time. www.nfrw.org
SEPT 11 EVENTS
· LD23 Will Meet At 7 PM, Sept 11 at the Scottsdale Public Library- Mustang Branch. 10101 N 90th St, Scottsdale. Registration at 6:30 pm. Former State Rep Jonathan Paton will address ‘YES on 12’ - an amendment to the AZ Constitution which seeks to protect state sovereignty and resist federal overreach. All newly elected LD 23 PCs are encouraged to attend.
· Central Republican Women Of Phoenix will hear columnist Robert Robb during their 6:15 pm, Sept 11 dinner meeting at the Hilton Garden Inn, 4000 N. Central Ave., Phx. Social hour at 5:30 pm. Dinner - $22 per person. Reservations: Tina Show at 623-034-9730 or email@example.com by Sept 7.
· The Colorado River Tea Party is planning to remind the citizens of Yuma that we will 'Not Forget 9-11', also known as Patriots Day! An 8 am demonstration will be held at the Southeast corner of 16th St. & 4th Ave. At 8:46 am they will gather for a moment of silence followed by a prayer. They will stay at the corner demonstrating our patriotism until 11 am or until it gets too hot!! They will have a trailer there with water. Participants are asked to bring their own signs and American flags. Wear light clothing, sun screen, and hat.
· The Colorado River Tea Party meets at 6 pm, Sept 11 at the Community Christian Church, 6480 E. Hwy 95, in Yuma.
SEPT 12 EVENTS
· The Paradise Republican Women will host an evening with AZGOP Chairman Robert Graham and US Sen Mike Lee of Utah at a dinner scheduled Sept 12 at the Scottsdale Plaza Resort, 7200 N Scottsdale Rd., Scottsdale. 6 pm reception, 7 pm dinner. $125 per person, $50 for precinct committeeman. RSVP Chairman Lori Urban 480-221-9633 or firstname.lastname@example.org to club tables.
· Utah Senator Mike Lee and AZGOP Robert Graham will headline a dinner at 7 pm, Sept 12 at the Scottsdale Plaza Resort. 6 pm registration. $125 per person. $50 per precinct committeeman. RSVP here.
· The Friends of the NRA ‘Old West Banquet and Auction’ is scheduled at 5:30 pm, Sept 12 at the Embassy Suites, 2577 W Greenway Road, Phx. Tickets here
· A Night Golf with Councilman Bill Gates and Councilman Valenzuela is planned at 5:30 pm, Fri., Sept 12 (Tee time – 6:30 pm) at Palo Verde Golf Course, 6215 N. 15th Ave. Phoenix 85015. RSVP by Sept 8 to email@example.com or 602-262-7441. $25 per person, which includes green fees and glow ball. All proceeds go to Phoenix Junior Golf.
SEPT 13 EVENTS
· The Paradise Republican Women’s Club will meet at 11 am, Sat., Sept 13 at Gainey Ranch Golf Club, 7600 E Gainey Club Drive, Scottsdale AZ 85258. 10:30- social. Noon- lunch with speaker AZGOP Robert Graham. $28 per lunch. Reservations required. RSVP by Sept 10 to Click here for online payment - September Lunch. Checks payable PRWC with menu choice by September 11th. Mail to: Paradise Republican Women, PO Box 14425, Scottsdale AZ 85267.
· GOP Activist Alice Lara will be a guest on the 8 Pm, Sat., Sept 13 Terry Gilberg Show at KFYI 550AM .
WHAT CANDIDATES ARE SAYING:
· Former CD2 candidate Chuck Wooten: I want to personally thank every single, patriotic supporter who responded with such astounding generosity in our effort to retire our campaign debt caused by an opponent's frivolous lawsuit against us. You came through in a BIG way! Although we fell short of our $3,000 goal, I want you to know that in these tough times, you that donated, did so with great generosity and for that I am forever grateful. As of today, I have terminated our fundraising campaign and will deal with the remaining debt personally as I am able.As we move into a new season of life... a life beyond the campaign of 2014, I personally commit to you that I intend to remain engaged in the political environment, accept speaking engagements when asked and to strengthen my bonds in the community. Regardless of what happens in November (or in 2016 for that matter), I will be a leader in the continuing battle to retain our freedom. Just because our election wasn't successful doesn't mean we give up! I hope you will drop a note from time to time or if you see me out and around town, you'll make sure to say hello. The very special people of CD2 I met were worth the fight! Given the same circumstances, I would do it all again. No regrets whatsoever. I am keeping my campaign Facebook page, "Chuck Wooten 2014" up and active and will be posting there often. If you haven't "Liked" it yet, please do so and we can stay in touch there. I hope to see you all very soon! Onward and Upward!
· CD2 Candidate Martha McSally: We're switching our grassroots operation into high-gear this week with our first September Super Saturday. We'll be meeting at our Tucson and Cochise Headquarters to knock doors and make phone calls. We would love to have you join us. 9 am-5 pm, 4400 E. Broadway Blvd Suite #510 Tucson, AZ 857111. RSVP: Matt .BrownMatt@mcsallyforcongress.com or 520-488-4610. 10 am-2 p m, 942 E. Fry Blvd, Sierra Vista, AZ 85653. RSVP: Sarah Pacheco-Sarah@mcsallyforcongress.com or 520-488-3535. McSally held aroundtable with students, parents, and members of the higher education community to discuss ways to make higher education more affordable and responsive to local workforce needs. The average Arizona student leaves college with $29,000 in debt, the roundtable focused on finding solutions to the growing problem. McSally’s op-ed on reversing proposed job cuts at Fort Huachuca: "When elected, I promise to put the needs of the people of Southern Arizona above all else; to work with members from both parties on bipartisan solutions; and to bring the leadership we need and firsthand expertise to fight for Fort Huachuca and our community. We have a responsibility to the people in our community who count on this base to stop these harmful cuts, and I am well-equipped to lead that effort in Congress." Sierra Vista Herald: Stopping job cuts at Fort Huachuca What they're saying: McSally knows A-10 GOP nominates McSally in CD2 Ron Barber dodges Obama executive order on immigration The support we've seen on the trail so far has been tremendous. With less than 60 days to Election Day, let's keep it up! Find opportunities to volunteer, donate, or request a yard sign at mcsallyforcongress.com.
· EMP-Attack-Threat-Into-Mind Franks discusses the consequences of an electromagnetic pulse attack.
· Political Insider Facebook Backing Doesn't Scream Friends
· Robert Robb Hey, Ducey And Duval, What About Arizona's Budget?
ARIZONA FREEDOM ALLIANCE
MARINE SGT. ANDREW TAHMOORESSI (Jailed In MX)
· Obama Blames 'Children' For Hostility To His Amnesty Plans Obama Should Take More Credit For His Own Polling Numbers
· AZ Border Defenders Updated Daily
· Need2NoBorder News Watch
· Backs Constitutional Convention, To Fight Federal Overreach Even In Retirement 'What They Would Rather Do Is Get Re-Elected, And Continue To Spend Money, And That's Republican And Democrat Alike.'
· Is DNC-Chief-Out-Of-Her-Mind? Actress Morgan Brittany Stunned How 'Low' Democrat Reached
DR. BEN CARSON
· We Of The Free World Must Adhere To This Mans Warning - Exiled-Archbishop-Of-Mosul: I-Have-Lost-My-Diocese-To-Islam, You-In-The-West-Will-Also-Become-Victims-Of-Muslims
LAW & ORDER
· This Mother Is Asking Tough Questions About Black-On-Black Crime... And It's Deeply Personal "That’s What Angered Me..."
WAR ON WOMEN
DEPT OF JUSTICE/HOLDER
· EPA Takes Aim At Airlines -- And Your Wallet May Suffer 'The Policies Of Obama's EPA Are Aimed At Increasing The Cost Of Energy And The Cost Of Living For Americans'
COMMON CORE/AGENDA 21
SECRETARY OF STATE
· Who Does Obama Believe Is The Real Enemy? ISIL? Americans? Mulims? Christians? It Is Time For The United States President To Stop Attacking American Citizens And Declare Isis The Real Enemy!
· Obama Blames 'Children' For Hostility To His Amnesty Plans Should Take More Credit For His Own Polling Numbers
· NATO Prepares Strategy, Agrees Defeat Of ISIL Could Take Years