- ► February (26)
- ► January (31)
- ► December (29)
- ► November (30)
- ► October (31)
- ► September (32)
- ► August (31)
- ► July (31)
- ► June (30)
- ► May (30)
- ► April (30)
- ► March (31)
- ► February (28)
- ► January (31)
- ► December (30)
- ► November (29)
- ► October (31)
- ► September (29)
- ► August (32)
- ► July (25)
- ► June (21)
- ► May (31)
- ► April (30)
- ► March (30)
- ► February (29)
- ► January (31)
- ► December (28)
- ► November (30)
- ► October (32)
- ▼ September (29)
- ► August (32)
- ► July (31)
- ► June (27)
- ► May (31)
- ► April (36)
- ► March (42)
- ► February (35)
- ► January (34)
- ► December (39)
- ► November (35)
- ► October (42)
- ► September (37)
- ► August (35)
- ► July (37)
- ► June (37)
- ► May (21)
- ► April (33)
- ► March (39)
- ► February (36)
- ► January (38)
- ► December (39)
- ► November (32)
- ► October (37)
- ► September (39)
- ► August (42)
Briefs Editor Frosty Taylor email@example.com
Web Master John Strasser
September 11, 2014 -- 911 Never Forget!
· Congressman Trent Franks On The 13th Anniversary Of The 9/11 terrorist attacks: “Today, we remember the nearly 3,000 people who died as a result of the insidious attack on the World Trade Center. Today, we remember the great coming together that followed, and the fact, too frequently forgotten in the midst of politics, that our identity as Americans and a shared love of freedom trumps any differences we may have. Today, we remember the commitment we made on that day – that we would do everything within our power to prevent it from happening again. That ‘a great people had been moved to defend a great nation.’ That ‘terrorist attacks can shake the foundations of our biggest buildings, but they cannot touch the foundation of America.’ Today, there remain groups like ISIS that would see America fall. But while ‘these acts shatter steel…they cannot dent the steel of American resolve. Understanding that history is our greatest early warning system, let us resolve again today that we will defend this, the greatest bastion of freedom in human history, and that we will not rest until the spectre of radical Islamist terrorism is no more.”
· Glendale Citizens For Voice and Choice will hold a press conference at noon -Fri, Sept 12- across the street from the Glendale City Hall (6890 N 58th Ave) to announce the filing of 13,000 signatures on their petition protesting the way the Glendale City Council approved the gaming Casino at 91st Avenue and Northern without notice to the citizenry. Spokesman Timothy Schwartz said, “There was a rush vote by the Glendale City Council to approve the gaming casino at 91st Ave. and Northern. They discussed it on a Thursday to be voted on the following Monday. There was no notice given to Glendale residents. Four council members made this hurried decision without regard to the ‘Will of the People’. Glendale residents were outraged by this coercive action; with very limited time they collected thousands of petition signatures to place the measure on the ballot so Glendale residents can decide this very important issue for themselves. ‘We the People’ choose ‘voice and choice’ instead of wrongheaded actions by four biased politicians.” Contact Person: Timothy Schwartz at 623-937-8077 cell
· Michael Francis, Will Rousseau And Bob Branch are hosting a fundraiser luncheon for gubernatorial candidate Doug Ducey at noon Fri, Sept 19 in the Red's Bar and Grill at Wigwam Resort, 300 E Wigwam Blvd., Litchfield Park, AZ 85340. Suggested Contribution $500/pp. Business Casual Attire. RSVP by Thur, Sept 18 to Kelly Molique 480-213-5910 Kelly@lovasco.com or Corinne Lovas at 623-218-6616 firstname.lastname@example.org . Please make checks payable to: “Ducey 2014” and mail to:Ducey 2014 Attn: Corinne Lovas; 6740 W. Deer Valley Road, Ste. D107, PMB 205, Glendale, AZ 85310 Phone: (623) 218-6616 Email: Corinne@lovasco.com
· LD22 PCs Glenn And Marie Haynes Will Hold A Private ‘Meet And Greet’ for Dusty Trail precinct committeemen with LD22 incumbents Sen Judy Burges and Reps Phil Lovas and David Livingston, along with Maricopa County Community College District Board Member at Large John Heep in the Corte Bella Country Club Social Hall at 9 am, Sept 20. Limited seating. RSVP required. Dusty Trail PCs should RSVP to MeetSept20@aol.com or leave a message with your name and phone number at 310-418-3645.
· The Entire Arizona Congressional Delegation today sent a bipartisan letter to Secretary of Veterans Affairs Robert McDonald urging that he take the necessary steps to ensure that a permanent replacement head of the Phoenix Veterans Affairs Health Care System (PVAHCS) is expediently appointed. The letter was prompted by concerns over the lack of leadership continuity at PVAHCS due to a federal regulation that typically only allows for interim directors to serve in 120-day increments. PVAHCS has had two interim directors since former Director Sharon Helman was placed on administrative leave in May amid allegations of pervasive fraud and mismanagement on her watch. Click here view letter.
· The Glendale Civic Pride Ambassadors Will Celebrate Its 20th Anniversary from 5-8 pm, Wed.,Sept 24 at Haus Murphy’s Restaurant, 5735 W. Glendale Ave. “Retired Mayor Elaine Scruggs, founder of Glendale Civic Pride, will be our guest of honor.If you have a story to tell, or a memory to share, come to Haus Murphy’s next Wednesday evening. Complimentary refreshments will be served. Space is limited and reservations are encouraged. RSVP to 602-212- 6752. information on the2014 Musical Mystery Tour www.glendalecivicpride.org or Nancy Lenox 602-568- 6202 or email@example.com,
· Brian Wakeling, Wildlife Management Branch Supervisor for Arizona Game and Fish, has taken a position as the Nevada Department of Wildlife Game Division Administrator as on Monday. Wakeling has been with the AZGFD for 25 years. Wakeling leaves big shoes to fill.
· Matt Roberts, Director Of Communications at the Secretary of State’s Office has compiled a list of turnout data sent to SOS by the counties: See Links:
o Total statewide voter registration. http://www.azsos.gov/election/voterreg/Active_Voter_Count.pdf
o Full listing of 2014 General Election candidates. http://www.azsos.gov/election/2014/General/fulllisting.htm
o Info on Justices & Judges up for retention:
o 2014 Ballot Measures
o Campaign Finance Database
o Pebble Beach Webcam
o Precinct Level results
· The Deadline For To Register For The General Election Is Oct. 6. Early voting begins Oct. 9. Register online here.
· Congressman Paul A. Gosar has announced his support for the 2014 Homeless Veteran Stand Down event starting at 9 am, Tues, Sept 16 and running through 3 pm, Wed, Sept 17at Tim’s Toyote Center, 2101 N Maint St., in Prescott Valley. See flyer HERE. District staff will be in attendance. Various local veteran's organizations will also be in attendance to support homeless veterans with housing issues, employment opportunities, healthcare and mental health services. An overnight stay is provided. More information can be found at www.arizonastanddown.org.
· The Arizona Project will meet at 6:30 pm, Mon., Sept 15 to listen to GOP Primary Clerk of the Superior Court candidate Amada Stanford at 3375 E Shea Blvd #2. She won with 55% of the vote upsetting her former boss, incumbent Republican Chad Roche. Stanford will run unopposed in the November 4 general election and be sworn into office in January. Contact: Ron Ludders 602-677-1496.
· Packages From Home Will Conduct A Fundraising Golf Tournament Sat, Nov 1 to raise money for shipping package to our service men and women serving in some nasty places around the world. Roger Hesketh will discuss how you may participate as a golfer or assist as a sponsor at the Sept 15 Arizona Project meeting . Contact: Ron Ludders 602-677-1496.
· A Meet And Greet For LD28 House Candidate Shawnna Bolick is scheduled from 8-9:30 am, Sept 16 at the Terra Java Coffee House & Bake Shop, 3619 E. Indian School Rd, Phoenix, AZ 85018 organized by Jose Borrajero
· Robert Graham, Arizona Republican Party Chairman, sent a letter today to Fred DuVal, Democrat nominee for governor of Arizona, regarding the record spending and record high tuition rates while DuVal was a member of the Arizona Board of Regents, details he conveniently failed to mention in last night’s NBC12 debate.“Special interest lobbyist Fred DuVal continues to prove he hasn’t lost his Washington insider ways by twisting facts to justify his poor decision making,” said Robert Graham, Chairman of the Arizona Republican Party. “When presented with hard facts, Fred DuVal will dodge, weave, and deceive, always blaming someone else for his lack of leadership.” See letter http://azgop.org/blog/
· The Lincoln Republican Women will meet at a new location for the Mon., Oct 6 meeting. They will meet at the DoubleTree Resort by Hilton Hotel Paradise Valley-Scottsdale, 5401 N Scottsdale Rd., Scottsdale AZ, (between Chaparral and Jackrabbit Rd. East side of the street). $28 per person. Spouses Invited. 5:30 pm Meet and Greet. 6 pm Meeting/ Dinner . 6:30 pm Program - City of Scottsdale Council Candidate Debate with candidates Cindy Hill, Kathy Littlefield, Linda Milhaven, Jennifer Petersen, Dennis Robbins & David N. Smith Reservations: Call Judy Eisenhower 480-941-8162 OR firstname.lastname@example.org or Pat Kaufman at email@example.com Send your checks payable to the Lincoln Republican Women’s Club at: Judy Eisenhower, 7915 E. Sage Dr. , Scottsdale, AZ 85250
· Governor Jan Brewer Today Announced a significant step forward in the state’s effort to support the development of an Arizona Biomedical Corridor in north Phoenix -- a public/private partnership between Arizona State University (ASU) and the Mayo Clinic that will spur employment, bolster the state economy, and affirm Arizona as destination for world-renowned health care, education and research. “Today’s action by the Selection Board is one of the final pieces of a project I have been passionate about since its inception,” said Brewer. The completed corridor – which will stretch from 56th Street south of the 101 to Tatum and the 101 – will facilitate collaboration between ASU and the Mayo Clinic by allowing the university’s students and researchers the opportunity to engage with the clinic’s medical professionals and gain exposure to world-renowned clinical research and activities.
· The Pinal County Republican Committee will meet at 10 am, Sat., Sept 20 at Anthem at Merrill Ranch, Union Center, 3925 N. Sun City Blvd, Florence AZ (map). Two speakers: Tim Kanavel from Pinal County Office of Economic Development will be speaking on economic development projects across Pinal County, and Jack Biltis from "Yes on 122" will be speaking on the "Arizona State Sovereignty Amendment", Proposition 122. Coffee at 9:30 am. Mtg at 10 am. Contact: Chairman Seraphim Larsen - Florence AZ - (520) 251-2689 - firstname.lastname@example.org
· LD5 Senator Kelli Ward spoke at the opening ceremony of the Mohave Co. Fair.
· In a special report by KGUN9 (Tucson), it was revealed that Congressman Ron Barber has a secret Mexican beach house that he has been hiding from the public for years. Barber failed to disclose his ownership of the house on three consecutive financial disclosure forms as required by law. According to the KGUN9 news broadcast, a complaint has been filed with the Office of Congressional Ethics and Barber may face a fine from the U.S. Attorney General.Arizona Republican Party Chairman Robert Graham questions Barber’s commitment to transparency and ethics: “It’s quite disturbing to learn that Ron Barber has continued to hide his ownership of a million-dollar beach home in Mexico. It’s bad enough that Arizonans are struggling to make ends meet because of his poor decision making in Congress, but now we have to question his integrity and what else he could be hiding. We have serious problems facing our country and state, the last thing we should need to worry about is a lack of transparency and unethical behavior from Ron Barber,” Graham said To watch the KGUN9 report, click HERE. Background
o Arizona Corporation Commission page for Casa Arena, LLC: http://starpas.azcc.gov/scripts/cgiip.exe/WService=wsbroker1/names-detail.p?name-id=L11072932&type=L.L.C.
o March 2010 listing for 1/8 ownership in Casa Arena, offered at $150,000: http://activerain.trulia.com/blogsview/1560031/affordable-beachfront-fractional---kim-barber---century-21--puerto-penasco--rocky-point--mexico
o Three consecutive financial disclosure reports, either as a candidate or Member of Congress.
o 2013 Member report: http://clerk.house.gov/public_disc/financial-pdfs/2013/8215265.pdf
o 2012 Member report: http://clerk.house.gov/public_disc/financial-pdfs/2013/8211959.pdf
o 2012 candidate report: http://clerk.house.gov/public_disc/financial-pdfs/2012/8208032.pdf
o Barber comes clean, finally: http://clerk.house.gov/public_disc/financial-pdfs/2012/8216449.pdf
· The Yavapai County Republicans have an organized library from which a wide assortment of books can be loaned out. These donations are mostly gently used, however there are a few new ones. On sale is "My Father, My President" by Doro Bush Koch for $20. To borrow or purchase a book go to the YCRC Headquarters, 112B E. Union St., Prescott.
· Clarification: All Precinct Committeemen (PCs) from the past term elected or appointed that did not run for PC are no longer PC's. The only PCs the Legislative Districts (LDs) and MCRC have are the ones elected in the August 26 Primary. That said, ALL current LD Executive Officers retain their office until the LD organizational meetings in November and December when the new elections are conducted. In essence LD officers complete their term of office they were elected to. – MCRC Chairman A J LaFaro
· Message from MCRC Chairman A J LaFaro: I have received quite a few inquiries about the various propositions that will appear on the November 4 Ballot. There are three statewide propositions, one Maricopa County proposition and various city propositions - one of which is Phoenix's Proposition 487.
Statewide: There are three statewide propositions on the November 4th Ballot: http://www.azsos.gov/election/2014/general/ballotmeasures.htm
o Proposition 122: A CONCURRENT RESOLUTION PROPOSING AN AMENDMENT TO THE CONSTITUTION OF ARIZONA; AMENDING ARTICLE II, SECTION 3, CONSTITUTION OF ARIZONA; RELATING TO THE REJECTION OF UNCONSTITUTIONAL FEDERAL ACTIONS.
My position on Proposition 122: Vote Yes. If we do not defend our personal freedoms and State’s rights against the continued overreach of the Federal Government, we will not have any. I have long been a proponent of Federalism and of the States using their 10th Amendment Rights to protect the freedoms of their citizens. The States have a role and obligation in forcing
Washington D.C. to follow the United States Constitution. Proposition 122 is a reasonable initiative that will help restore our personal freedoms. This simply gives the people of Arizona the ability to resist the ever growing power of the Federal Government. This gives us more power in the courts and encourages our politicians to fight back when the Federal Government goes too far. Please join me in voting Yes on 122!
o Proposition 303: A CONCURRENT RESOLUTION ENACTING AND ORDERING THE SUBMISSION TO THE PEOPLE OF A MEASURE RELATING TO THE USE OF INVESTIGATIONAL DRUGS, BIOLOGICAL PRODUCTS AND DEVICES. My position on Proposition 303: You decide. I have reservations on Proposition 303. While I believe individuals have the right to try an experimental drug to possibly help save their life - I don't believe taxpayers should have to pay for them. Insurance companies won't pay the costs for experimental drugs. If the patient and/or drug company want to pay the costs for the drugs then that's fine. You decide.
o Proposition 304:THE COMMISSION ON SALARIES FOR ELECTIVE STATE OFFICERS RECOMMENDS THE SALARIES OF LEGISLATORS TO BE INCREASED TO $35,000. My position on Proposition 304: Vote Yes. It's been 16 years since our state legislators have had a salary raise. There are many arguments that can be made for or against; however, I support the passage of Proposition 304.
Maricopa County- There is one Maricopa County proposition on the November 4th Ballot: http://recorder.maricopa.gov/web/electioncalendar.aspx
o Proposition 480:According to the Arizona Tax Research Association (ATRA), "Maricopa County taxpayers agreed to create a countywide special taxing district in 2003, primarily for providing subsidized health care services for the poor. Now this relatively new governmental entity wants to dramatically expand its mission despite the historic uncertainty now surrounding the delivery of health care in the United States. Publicly funded health care is exploding nationwide. In 2013, Arizona agreed to participate in Medicaid expansion, a critical feature of the Affordable Health Care Act that will be paid for with your federal and state tax dollars.
ATRA strongly encourages Maricopa County taxpayers to vote NO on Proposition 480, which proposes a $1.4 billion (principle and interest) property tax increase on Maricopa County citizens, one of the largest bond proposals in Arizona history."
If you remember, this is the same taxing district that spiked Betsy Bayless's annual base salary to $500,000 so she could retire with a
pension well over $400,000 a year. It's been reported that Bayless's successor is well on his way to $625,000 annual base salary. These government bureaucrats and crony capitalists could care less about the Maricopa County property tax payers. They bring new meaning to Gordon Gekko's famous quote "greed is good". My position on Proposition 480: Not no, but hell no!
City of Phoenix -There is one City of Phoenix proposition on the November 4th Ballot: https://www.phoenix.gov/cityclerk/services/election-information
o Proposition 487: "Eliminate participation in the current retirement plan and establish a defined contribution plan for new employees; allow current employees to transfer into this plan; prohibit City contributions to any other retirement plan, including deferred compensation plans, post-employment benefit plans and the police officer and firefighter retirement system.
A "YES" vote shall have the effect of amending the City Charter to change retirement plan terms for City employees as state above. A "NO" vote shall have the effect of retaining the existing Charter provisions governing City employee retirement plans." My position on Proposition 487: Vote Yes. The City of Phoenix unions and union members are adamantly against Proposition 487. If passed, it could be the start tocuring Phoenix's public pension sickness and terminal cancer.
Summary of Propositions
122 - Yes
303 - You decide
304 - Yes
480 - Not no, but hell no
---A. J. LaFaro- Please note these are my personal opinions and positions. Not those of the MCRC or my position as Chairman of the MCRC
· ATTN: Candidates/LD leaders/Group Chairman: If you have sent events or announcements to Briefs that have not been posted (except endorsements) or that I have not responded to, please resend them. Messages can be sent to email@example.com firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com If I do not respond with “thx” within 24 hours, please resend – using one or all of the above e-dressses. I’d rather get duplications than not receive your e-mails.
· Republican Candidate Announcements, fundraiser, neighborhood walks and other events can be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org for posting in the Briefs. In fairness to all GOP primary candidates, Briefs does not post endorsements, nor does it endorse any GOP candidates prior to the primary. See Briefs at Http://Archives.Mcrcbriefs.Org/
SEPT 11 EVENTS
LD23 Will Meet At 7 PM, Sept 11 at the Scottsdale Public Library- Mustang Branch. 10101 N 90th St, Scottsdale. Registration at 6 pm. Former State Rep Jonathan Paton will address ‘YES on 12’ - an amendment to the AZ Constitution which seeks to protect state sovereignty and resist federal overreach. All newly elected LD 23 PCs are encouraged to attend. Contact Chr Joe Meli at : www.d23azgop.org
· Central Republican Women Of Phoenix will hear columnist Robert Robb during their 6:15 pm, Sept 11 dinner meeting at the Hilton Garden Inn, 4000 N. Central Ave., Phx. Social hour at 5:30 pm. Dinner - $22 per person. Reservations: Tina Show at 623-034-9730 or email@example.com by Sept 7.
· The Colorado River Tea Party is planning to remind the citizens of Yuma that we will 'Not Forget 9-11 aka Patriots Day A demonstration is scheduled between 8-11 am at the Southeast corner of 16th St. & 4th Ave. At 8:46 am they will gather for a moment of silence followed by a prayer. They will have a trailer there with water. Participants are asked to bring their own signs and American flags. Wear light clothing, sun screen, and hat.
· The Colorado River Tea Party meets at 6 pm, Sept 11 at the Community Christian Church, 6480 E. Hwy 95, in Yuma.
SEPT 12 EVENTS
· The Paradise Republican Women will host AZGOP Chairman Robert Graham and Utah Sen Mike Lee at a dinner scheduled Sept 12 at the Scottsdale Plaza Resort, 7200 N Scottsdale Rd., Scottsdale. 6 pm reception, 7 pm dinner. $125 per person, $50 for precinct committeeman. RSVP Chairman Lori Urban 480-221-9633 or firstname.lastname@example.org to club tables.
· The Friends of the NRA ‘Old West Banquet and Auction’ is scheduled at 5:30 pm, Sept 12 at the Embassy Suites, 2577 W Greenway Road, Phx. Tickets here
· A Night Golf with Councilman Bill Gates and Councilman Valenzuela is planned at 5:30 pm, Fri., Sept 12 (Tee time – 6:30 pm) at Palo Verde Golf Course, 6215 N. 15th Ave. Phoenix 85015. RSVP by Sept 8 to email@example.com or 602-262-7441. $25 per person, which includes green fees and glow ball. All proceeds go to Phoenix Junior Golf.
· Pinal County Sheriff Paul Babeu and Yavapai County Sheriff Scott Mascher will address illegal issues facing Pinal Count – including aliens and felons released in 2013 - with Prescott Republicans at 3 pm, Sept 12 at the Las Fuentes Resort, 1035 Scott Dr.,
SEPT 13 EVENTS
· The Paradise Republican Women’s Club will meet at 11 am, Sat., Sept 13 at Gainey Ranch Golf Club, 7600 E Gainey Club Drive, Scottsdale AZ 85258. 10:30- social. Noon- lunch with speaker AZGOP Robert Graham. $28 per lunch. Reservations required. RSVP by Sept 10 to Click here for online payment - September Lunch. Checks payable PRWC with menu choice by September 11th. Mail to: Paradise Republican Women, PO Box 14425, Scottsdale AZ 85267.
· GOP Activist Alice Lara will be a guest on the 8 Pm, Sat., Sept 13 Terry Gilberg Show at KFYI 550AM .
SEPT 15 EVENTS
· Young Americans For Liberty will host speaker Shane Krauser, who will address Constitutional Rights at 5 pm, Sept 15 in the Student Union at Glendale Community College. Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
SEPT 16 EVENTS
A Meet And Greet For LD28 House Candidate Shawnna Bolick and LD18 House candidate Jill Norgaard at 4:30 pm, Tues., Sept 16 at Macayos, 4001 N Central, Phx. Co-hosts – Kelli Ward, Rick Gray, JD Mesnard, Amanda Reeves, Karen Fann, Darin Mitchell, Steve Montenegro, Paul Boyer, David Livingston, Justin Olson, Phil Lovas and Brenda Barton. RSVP: email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org
· An Adult Program On Suicide will be held at 5 pm, Sept 16 at Palomino Library in Scottsdale. "You Matter" - Suicide Awareness and Prevention for Teens and Parents
· The Fountain Hill AZ Tea Party will meet at 6:30 pm, Sept 16,(3rd Tues) at the Fountain Hills Unified School District Learning Center, 16000 E Palisades Blvd. (Palisades Blvd. & Golden Eagle Blvd.) featuring Jonathan Paton, former AZ State Rep and advocate for YES on 122 -- an amendment to the AZ Constitution seeks to protect state sovereignty. Incumbent Sen candidate John Kavanagh and Dem Sen candidate Paula Pennypackerwill face off in a forum. Free admission. Contact: Richard Rutkowski email@example.com or www.fhteaparty.org
· The Surprise Tea Party will meet at 6:30 pm, Sept 16 at the Sun City West Foundation Plaza, 14465 West RH Johnson Blvd. with LD 22 Sen. Judy Burges and LD22 Rep Phil Lovas and David Livingston to discuss Proposition 122, Arizona State Sovereignty Amendment; Proposition 303, Arizona Terminal Patient's Right to Try; and Proposition 304, Arizona State Legislator's Salaries . The group will meet again Oct 7 and Oct. 21. www.surpriseteapartypatriots.com
· ‘Freedom Fires Live’ will feature AZGOP Chairman Robert Graham on Sept 16. A debate between Dr. Carl Goldberg and Dr. Zuhdl Jasser is scheduled Sept 23. The group meets every Tuesday evening at 6:30 at at the Burke Basic School, 131 E Southern Ave., Mesa. Cost: $2 (17 and under are free). FreedomFires.com.
SEPT 17 EVENTS
LD28 House Candidate Kate Brophy McGee And Sen. Incumbent Adam Driggs will hold a fundraising reception at 5 pm, Wed., Sept 17 at Alexi’s Gill, 3550 N Central Ave., Phx. Contact: KateMcGee.com
· The Republican Women of Prescott will meet at 11 am, Sept 17 at the
· The Verde Valley Republican Women will meet at 11:30 am, Sept 17 at the Sedona Rouge Hotel and Spa, 2250 West State Rte 89A, Sedona, AZ 86336
· RSVP @ firstname.lastname@example.org or (928) 284-4248.
· A Holocaust Film Will Be Shown during the 8 pm, Sept 17 open house at the Freedom Library in Yuma to celebrate Constitution Day. Local holocaust survivors will also speak. The purpose of the program is to remind people that honoring the constitution would prevent another such horrific event.
· Pima County Supervisors Ray Carroll will address the Eastside Republicans at 6:30 pm, Wed., Sept 17 at Parralee Schneider, 250-5073 & email@example.com
· The House & Senate Victory Committees are hosting a 2014 Republican Legislative Candidate Reception from 5-7 pm, Sept 17 at the Sheraton Downtown Phoenix. Tickets are $250 per person / Table Sponsorships are available. Please contact Andrea Evans at AndreaTylerEvans@gmail.com for more information.
· The Palo Verde Republican Women will meet at 11:30 am, Sept. 17 at the Grayhawk Golf Club, 8620 E Thompson Peak Parkway, Scottsdale. Lunch $25, Social 11 am. Speaker - Cochise County Sheriff Mark Dannels will address the southern border issues. PVRW member border. PVRW member Peg Cottle will give a slide presentation of her three month stay at Fisher House while her son, a double amputee, was recovering. State Treasurer candidate Jeff DeWit will auction off original art - proceeds go to Fisher House. RSVP contact Edith Stock: firstname.lastname@example.org or call 480-298-7818 (C).
SEPT 18 EVENTS
· The Chino Valley Pachyderm Coalition will meet at 5:30 pm, Sept 18 at the BonnFire Restaurant, 1667 S. State Route, Hwy 89, Chino Valley. Order off menu. RSVP: Sue Goodchild (928) 636-7355 or email@example.com. Seating Limited
WHAT CANDIDATES ARE SAYING:
· CD3 Candidate Gabby Mercer: It’s time to retire Raul Grijalva! Democrats/Grijalva can’t win by running on their actual records! Instead, they're pretending to be conservatives and touting bipartisanship with respected Republicans in Congress, or attacking Republicans personally, in their campaign ads. The only problem? All of their claims are blatantly false. Democrats know they’re in trouble this election cycle: Instead of running on their own records, they’re running away from it and attempting to run as conservatives. Democrats are doing everything possible to avoid being pegged for what they are: progressive, big-government, Obama liberals. Democrats can't win on their record -- make sure they don't win on anyone else's either! You have been one of Gabby’s important supporters and have enabled her to build the momentum she has. Let’s keep it going – please stand with us again by matching your last contribution or increasing it.(Remember, all donation amounts are now reset to 0 after the Primary). Support a Republican House majority by contributing $30 to Gabby's campaign. Let's STOP the Democrats. Commit today to help us elect a Republican Congress that includes Gabby Saucedo Mercer! Your friendship and generosity have enabled our message to resonate with voters across the district, but I need you to stay the course with me to help us continue building momentum. It's time for us to seize the moment to "Retire" Grijalva. I need your help to build the "war chest" needed to fight against the Grijalva machine! You can HELP me make a difference, so please donate $10, $25, $50 or more Now.........Click here to CONTRIBUTE!
· Gubernatorial Candidate Doug Ducey: My statement on today's observance of September 11, 2001: “Thirteen years ago today, nearly 3,000 innocent lives were stolen during a horrific attack on our country. Today we remember the bravery of our first responders and the men and women who lost their lives in the World Trade Center, the Pentagon and on a field in Pennsylvania. September 11, 2001 was a day that tested the United States, yet our nation stood strong in the face of terror. The patriotism and kindness shown... by our fellow Americans during that day, and in the months and years following September 11, demonstrate America's resilience. On this day we also thank our men and women serving in uniform and their families, who continue to sacrifice for our freedoms and keep us safe."
· We'll Never Forget Budweiser Team -- Awesome
· Franchise-Brands-With Higher-Than-Average-Default-Rates- Laurie Roberts
· Ducey- Vs Duval-Arizona-Gubernatorial-Debate Sharp Contrasts
· Selling Arizona By The Cone Political Insider
· Robert Robb:Worsley-Spending The Half-Million-Dollar Ankle-Biter
· Why Aren't We Going After The Ray Rice's Of The World? Laurie Roberts
· Watch Live: Obama-Addresses-The-Nation-On-Situation-With-ISIS
· Do You Have Flood Damage? Need To Know Who To Call?
· Calm After The Storm Safety Tips To Recover After Storms And Floods.
· Monsoon 2014 Expect More Mosquitoes Soon
· Jihadists-Have Eternal-Plan While Obama Works On His Golf Swing, They Work On Mass Terror Attacks.
MARINE SGT. ANDREW TAHMOORESSI (Jailed In MX)
· Dad-Wearing-Army-Uniform-Banned-From-School Iraq Veteran Refused Entry Over 'Offensive' Clothing
· The-Trojan-Horse-Of-Campaign-Finance-Reform Supporters Admit Proposed Constitutional Amendment A Means To Advance Dem Agenda In Congress
· Polis-Backed-Group-Draws-Fire-For-Fracking-Lies Colorado Environmentalists Criticized For Invoking Young Cystic Fibrosis Patient To Hype Fracking Dangers
DR. BEN CARSON
DEPT OF JUSTICE/HOLDER
· The-Trojan-Horse-Of-Campaign-Finance-Reform Supporters Admit Proposed Constitutional Amendment A Means To Advance Dem Agenda In Congress
· Hypocrites Of The World, Unite! Teachers Union Wants To Amend Constitution To Limit Everyone Else's Campaign Speech
COMMON CORE/AGENDA 21
DEPT OF HOMELAND SECURITY
· ISIS, The Terror Group That Calls Itself The Islamic State, "can muster between 20,000 and 31,500 fighters across Iraq and Syria," a CIA spokesman tells CNN. That is two to three times more than the 10,000 fighters previously estimated by the CIA. "This new total reflects an increase in members because of stronger recruitment since June following battlefield successes and the declaration of a caliphate, greater battlefield activity, and additional intelligence," the spokesman said. CNN.com