- ► April (21)
- ► March (27)
- ► February (28)
- ► January (31)
- ► December (29)
- ► November (30)
- ► October (31)
- ► September (32)
- ► August (31)
- ► July (31)
- ► June (30)
- ► May (30)
- ► April (30)
- ► March (31)
- ► February (28)
- ► January (31)
- ► December (30)
- ► November (29)
- ► October (31)
- ► September (29)
- ► August (32)
- ► July (25)
- ► June (21)
- ► May (31)
- ► April (30)
- ► March (30)
- ► February (29)
- ► January (31)
- ► December (28)
- ► November (30)
- ► October (32)
- ▼ September (29)
- ► August (32)
- ► July (31)
- ► June (27)
- ► May (31)
- ► April (36)
- ► March (42)
- ► February (35)
- ► January (34)
- ► December (39)
- ► November (35)
- ► October (42)
- ► September (37)
- ► August (35)
- ► July (37)
- ► June (37)
- ► May (21)
- ► April (33)
- ► March (39)
- ► February (36)
- ► January (38)
- ► December (39)
- ► November (32)
- ► October (37)
- ► September (39)
- ► August (42)
Briefs Editor Frosty Taylor email@example.com
Web Master John Strasser
September 21, 2014
· Gubernatorial Candidate Doug Ducey’s New Shipment Of Yard Signs has arrived. You can pick one up at his headquarters or at a Republican Victory office near you, or call 602-842-2014. Signs will be available at:
o Ducey Headquarters, 4455 E. Camelback Rd., Ste. E-260, Phoenix
o AZGOP Headquarters, 3501 N 24th St., Phoenix.
o East Valley Office, 1600 W Chandler Blvd., Suite 150, Chandler
o Sun City Office, 10050 W Bell Rd., Ste. 26, Sun City
o Tucson Office, 1740 E Fort Lowell, Ste. 120, Tucson
o Tucson Office, 5447 E 5th St., Tucson
o Prescott Office, 112 Union St., Prescott
o Payson Office, 719 S Beeline Rd., Payson
o Flagstaff Office, 2625 S Woodlands Village Blvd., Flagstaff.
o Pinal County Office, 410 N Marshall, Casa Grande.
· The Gilbert Constitution Day Fair was well attended by candidates running for office in the General Election, but Dem Gubernatorial candidate Fred DuVal was conspicuously absent, notes GOP activist Wes Harris who was maning one of the booths.
· Dinesh D'Souza Will Debate Jacob Hornberger And Andrei Cherny on The Proper Role of Government for America's Future on Sept 27 at the Gila Ridge High School Performing Arts Center , 2750 S. Pacific Avenue, Suite B in Yuma. Hosted by the Freedom Library Tickets: 726-3123 or www.yumashowtickets.com A photo opportunity and book signing will be available.
· Rep Kate Brophy McGee’s 2nd Annual Howl-O-Ween Doggie Costume Contest is scheduled between 4-6 pm, Oct 26 at The Adobe Patio at the AZ Biltmore Golf Club. Limited to 25 four-legged friends. Judges – Sheriff Joe Arpaio, Talk Show Host Mike Broomhead and TV personality Jan D’Arti. $25 per person. Proceeds will be donated to The MCSO Mash Unit. No host bar. RSVP (no pooch required to attend) to Shiree Verdone firstname.lastname@example.org 602-541-2997 or Jane Lynch 602-741-6898 email@example.com
· The LD 4/Estrella Conservative Republican Club will meet at 6:30 pm, Sept 24 (4th Wed) at the Estrella Foothills High School, 13033 South Estrella Parkway, Goodyear, 85338 (please don't contact the school). Speaker: AZGOP Chairman Robert Graham. Look for the banner directing you to the correct building on the campus. Contact LD 4 Chairman Fred Amator firstname.lastname@example.org 623-980-6007 or for The Estrella Conservative Republican Club contact Richard Newcomer email@example.com or 602-512-1340.
· A Fundraiser Dinner For CD3 Candidate Gabby Saucedo-Mercer is scheduled at 6 pm, Oct 1 at the American Legion Post #19, 2575 S. Virginia Ave.. Yuma. $30 per person. Co-Hosts: LD13 Sen. Don Shooter and LD13 Reps Steve Montenegro and Darin Mitchell. All beverages must be purchased at the bar. RSVP/Contact : Paul Jackson 928-580-1697.
· The Colorado River Tea Party Patriots will meet at 6 pm, Thurs., Sept 25 at the Community Christian Church, in Yuma, AZ. The Oct 2 mtg is scheduled at noon. The Oct 9 mtg is scheduled at 6 pm.
· Congressman Paul Gosar will host an Invasive Species Roundtable at 5:30 pm, Thur., Sept 25 at the Aquatic Center, 100 Park Ave., Lake Havasu City. Contact www.gosar.house.gov/ Or 928-445-1683.
o See Original Letter Www.Wacotrib.Com/Opinion/Letters_To_Editor
o Former AZGOP Chairman Tom Morrissey Blisters GOP Leaders/Candidates for condemning Pearce before getting facts. See 9-19-14 Briefs http://archives.mcrcbriefs.org/
· The Monthly Meeting Of The Yuma County Republicans has been moved to Tues, Sept 30, according to Secretary Lorna Brooks. 928-317-9120 firstname.lastname@example.org
· All MCCCD Veteran Employees, Students And Their Family Members are invited to attend free workshops at the East Valley Veterans Education Center (EVVEC), 3320 S Price Road, Tempe, AZ. 85282.
o Tuesday, Sept. 23, 1- 3 p.m. VA OEF/OIF/OND Veteran Information Presentation by VA patient advocates who will share information about benefits, vocational rehabilitation, disability claims and medical care. Attendees will have an opportunity to register and schedule appointments with VA Medical Center and VA counselors for one-
o Tuesday, Sept. 30, 2-4 p.m. Financial Literacy Workshop presented by the USAA Educational Foundation will explore the foundations of financial management, with a focus on setting financial goals, managing
credit and debt, protecting against identity theft, saving and investing and risk management.
The EVVEC offers free services to veterans and their family members, including educational and career outreach, academic advisement, community referrals, and in-person workshops and classes. Contacts: or visit www.evvec.org.
· Yuma Candidates And Volunteers Will Walk The Neighborhoods Of Somerton On Fri., Sept 26 And Sat., Sept 27 to ‘Get Out The Vote’. Contact Paul At 580-1697. for the meeting time and place. water will be provided. wear a hat and good walking shoes! Walking Somerton will again commence On Fri, Oct 3 And Sat., Oct 4.
· Destroying Political Signs is a Class 2 Misdemeanor (ARS 16-1019 –political signs http://www.azleg.gov/ars/16/01019.htm ) if caught and prosecuted. If you see someone destroying or messing with Republican political signs for candidates in the General Election in Maricopa County, please photograph them and take the photos to the victims or send them to MCRC Chairman A J LaFaro email@example.com
· ACORN Whistleblower Anita MonCrief will join the Arizona chapter of Americans for Prosperity Oct 1 in Tempe and Oct 2 in Tucson to address ‘Lessons from the Left.’
o Oct 2 – 6:30pm, Marriott Tucson University Park, 880 East 2nd Street, Tucson, AZ 85719. RSVP: eventbrite.com/whistleblower-tucson Contact: Leslie D. White (480) 290-2286 or firstname.lastname@example.org
· Republicans: We Are Out Numbered In Southwest Maricopa County But We Can Win In This 2014 Midterm Election, But Only With Your Help. Every Vote Counts! Get your family, friends, neighbors and fellow patriots involved. Volunteer opportunities are available for you to share campaign literature, engage your neighbors, make phone calls, display a lawn sign, host a candidate “Meet and Greet,” and encourage your friends and neighbors to donate to our candidates. Contact CD 3, Maricopa County Coordinator, Andrew Costanzo at, email@example.com or 480 677-0697.
· The Arizona Republican Party Needs Volunteers To Staff Offices five days a week in Phoenix, Tucson, Casa Grande, Oro Valley, Chandler, Sun City West, Yuma, Prescott, Payson and Flagstaff. Vvolunteers needed for:
o Data entry
o Neighborhood walks on Oct. 11th
o Phone call banks
o Social media voices
· The Deadline For To Register For The General Election Is Oct. 6. Early voting begins Oct. 9. Register online here.
· Chairman Priebus On Dem Chairman Debbie Wasserman Schultz : Talk about mean, talk about unprofessional and cowardly. Say what you will about the DNC and quite frankly, I don't even view them as our competitors. I don't think they're all that effective. But this was a coordinated attack. There were two different stories…two different sources…these are the same people in the White House who talk about the war on women…but when they’ve got a working mom running the DNC what do they do…What this illustrates is how unprofessional in every sense this White House is and how they will try to use her as the scapegoat for a midterm and the President’s policies and unpopularity that’s going to create this problem in November for them…
· ATTN: Candidates/LD leaders/Group Chairman: If you have sent events or announcements to Briefs that have not been posted (except endorsements) or that I have not responded to, please resend them. Messages can be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org If I do not respond with “thx” within 24 hours, please resend – using one or all of the above e-dressses. I’d rather get duplications than not receive your e-mails.
· Republican Candidate Announcements, fundraiser, neighborhood walks and other events can be sent to email@example.com for posting in the Briefs. In fairness to all GOP primary candidates, Briefs does not post endorsements, nor does it endorse any GOP candidates prior to the primary. See Briefs at Http://Archives.Mcrcbriefs.Org/
CALENDAR OF EVENTS
· Phoenix City Councilmen Sal Diciccio, Bill Gates, And Jim Waring are hosting a reception for Attorney General candidate Mark Brnovich between 5-7 pm, Mon, Sept 22 at Tom’s Tavern, 2 North Central Ave., Phoenix, AZ 85004. Suggested Contribution $150 per person. RSVP to firstname.lastname@example.org or to Daniel Stefanski 623-451-1729.
· LD23 ‘I360 Get Out The Vote’ Training For PCs is scheduled at 10 am. and at 6:30 pm, Mon, Sept 22 at the Victory Office, 7047 E Greenway Parkway ( just west of Scottsdale Rd, set 250). Bring your Just bring your smart phone or tablet/iPad. All information will be added through the i360 app that you will download at this meeting. Please contact Nancy Ordowski to reserve your time: @email@example.com or 480-203-5278.
· LD23 Reminder: Current Precinct Captains should call a meeting of their PCs to elect a Precinct Captain to serve for the next two years. Deadline to have your completed form to Nancy Ordowski is September 23. This is set by statute so please get that done. If you have not already heard from your Precinct Captain, please contact Nancy Ordowski firstname.lastname@example.org or 480-203-5278.
· Volunteers Are Needed At The Yavapai County Republican Office in Prescott to help with the Get-Out-the-Vote Campaign phone bank starting Tues., Sept 23 through the Nov 4 General Election. Volunteers are needed on Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday of each week from 3 - 8 p.m., and Saturdays from noon – 6 pm. Contacts YavGop at (928) 776-4500, Sandra Laney at (480) 822-7350, or Elsie Tyree at (928) 778-0235.
· LD29 House Candidate Aaron Borders is asking for volunteers to help with his phone banking from 5-8 pm, Tues, Wed and Thur (Sept 23-25) of next week. RSVP: email@example.com for directions. And share truth about ceci velasquez even if a Democrat sees this video they wont vote for her, according to Border.
· The Arizona Republican Lawyers Association lunch, featuring Maricopa County Attorney Bill Montgomery, is scheduled at 11:45 am, Tues., Sept 23 at Polsinelli, One East Washington, Suite 1200, Phoenix, AZ 85004. $20 for members, $35 for non-members (payment at the door) RSVP to firstname.lastname@example.org
· Phx City Councilwoman Thelda Williams District 1 Community Breakfast is scheduled for 7:30 am, Sept 26 at the Deer Valley Airport Restaurant, 702 W Deer Valley Road, Phx. Breakfast available for $4.99, not including gratuity. Dist 1 will pay for the drink. Contact: 602-262-7444.
· Dr. Zuhdi Jasser And Dr. Carl Goldberg will address the East Valley Tea Party and Freedom Fires on Tues., Sept 23 at the Burke Basic School, 131 E Southern Ave., Mesa. Doors open at 6 pm.
A SOS…Save Our AZ State…From Dark Money Fundraiser is scheduled for Secretary of State candidate Michele Reagan at 5:30 pm, Tues, Sept 23 with wine, beer at the home of Patricia Kaufman Home, 7436 East Tuckey Lane, Scottsdale, AZ 85250. Hosted by Patricia Kaufman, Judy Eisenhower, Joanna Hagan, Shirley Bachman and Mary Lee Sturgeon. Please make checks payable to “Vote Reagan 2014. ” Reservation required. RSVP to Judy Eisenhower at 480-941-8162 or email email@example.com
· A Reception For Attorney General Candidate Mark Brnovich is scheduled from 5-7 pm, Mon., Sept 22 at Tom’s Tavern, 2 N Central Ave., Phx. Hosted by Phoenix City Councilmen Sal DiCiccio, Bill Gates and Jim Waring. RSVP to firstname.lastname@example.org or to Daniel Stefanski 623-451-1729.
· Phone Banking At The AZGOP Victory Office, 10050 W Bell Road #26, Sun City, is scheduled from 5-8 pm, Tues., Sept 23. Come and go as your schedule permits. This is super easy. Food will be provided. Contact LD21 2nd VC Chris Herring: 510-861-9600 or ChrisHerringaz@yahoo.com Future call dates: 5-8pm: Wed, Oct. 1 and Tues, Oct 7.
· The West Valley AZGOP Victory Office Volunteer Meeting is tentatively scheduled for 10 am, Wed., Sept 24. They will discuss office questions/comments they have from ‘manning the desk.” Funding raising for office operations will also be discussed.
· The Alta Vista Forum will be held at 3 pm, Sept 24 at 916 Canterbury Lane, Prescott, AZ. Speaker: Prescott's City Council on city issues. Contact: Nettie Lamerson at (928) 277-4010.
· A Fundraising Luncheon for CD1 candidate Andy Toby, CD1 candidate Martha McSally, and CD9 candidate Wendy Rogers is planned Sept 24 at 52 Season, 2502 E Camelback, Phx. Featuring Majority Leader Kevin McCarthy. Tickets - $500 per person. Lunch plus a photo is $5,200 per person. RSVP: Michelle at email@example.com or Jessica at firstname.lastname@example.org.
· The Glendale Civic Pride Ambassadors Will Celebrate Its 20th Anniversary from 5-8 pm, Wed., Sept 24 at Haus Murphy’s Restaurant, 5735 W. Glendale Ave. “Retired Mayor Elaine Scruggs, founder of Glendale Civic Pride, will be our guest of honor.If you have a story to tell, or a memory to share, come to Haus Murphy’s next Wednesday evening. Complimentary refreshments will be served. Space is limited and reservations are encouraged. RSVP to 602-212- 6752. information on the2014 Musical Mystery Tour www.glendalecivicpride.org or Nancy Lenox 602-568- 6202 or email@example.com,
· The Scottsdale Leadership's Memorable All Political Party is scheduled at the home Of Jason & Jordan Rose. RSVP to firstname.lastname@example.org. by Wednesday, September 24.
Congressman David Schweikert will host a breakfast buffet at 8 am, Thurs., Sept 25 at the Chaparral Suites, 5001 N Scottsdale Road, Scottsdale AZ. Guests: Candidate For Arizona Attorney General candidate Mark Brnovich, Arizona Treasurer candidate Jeff DeWit, Arizona Senate candidate Rep John Kavanagh, Incumbent Rep Michelle Ugenti, LD23 candidate Jay Lawrence, Corporation Commission candidates Doug Little & Rep Tom Forese and Scottsdale Unified School District candidate Laddie Guy Shane. Please arrive promptly at 8 am. Program begins at 8:20 Co-Host $250. $50 to Attend. RSVP to: Allison at 480-628-2763 or email@example.com
· Volunteers Are Needed from 10 am-noon, Thurs., Sept 25 at the AZGOP Victory Office, 10050 W Bell Road #26, SunCity, to help prepare literature for Saturday neighborhood walks. Come and go as your schedule permits. Contact Lisa Gray: 623-340-8173 or firstname.lastname@example.org
· Yavapai County Republicans Are Planning A ‘Meet & Greet’ for Congressman Paul Gosar between 3-4 pm, Sept 26 at YCRC Headquarters, 112B E. Union Street. The public is welcome share your questions and concerns with him while enjoying some coffee and cookies.
· Walk For CD3 Candidate Gabby Saucedo Mercer from 9 am-noon, Sat, Sept 27. Meet at 8:30 am at the Starpointe Residents Club, 17665 W. Elliot Rd Goodyear, AZ 85338 (W. Elliot, just west of S. Estrella Parkway). We will walk Desert Blossom, Westar and Estrella Foothills Precincts in Legislative District 4, Goodyear. The weather will be a lot cooler. Don't worry if you have never done this before, we will team you with someone who has. Contact Andrew Costanzo at email@example.com or call 480 677-0697 to volunteer.
· ATTN Guys: See Www.Swprostatecancer.Com for information on the upcoming 6th Annual Golf Classic & Free Prostate Screening scheduled Sept 27 at the Wigwam Golf Course in Litchfield Park.
· LD17 is planning a ‘Big LD17 Walk’ at 8:30 am, Sat., Sept 27 starting at Desert Breeze Park in Chandle4r. Volunteers should contact LD17 Chairman Tyler Bowyer at firstname.lastname@example.org
The Sun City Grant Republican Interest Group will meet at 9 am, Sept 27 at 19781 N. Remington Dr., Chaparral Center - Hopi Room. Open to all Sun City Grand residents and their guests, elected officials and candidates. Contact: President Ginny Nyre email@example.com (623-544-7187) or Vice President Programs Ruth Seiter firstname.lastname@example.org (623-544-9309) or web at www.grandpop.com
· Dinesh D’Souza (R), Jacob Hornberger (L) and Andrei Cherny (D) debate “The Proper Role Of Government For American’s Future” at the 7 pm, Sept 27 Gila Ridge Performing Arts Center in Yuma. dinesh-dsouza-jacob-hornberger-and-andrei-cherny-come-to-yuma-arizona
· LD21 Neighborhood Walk : 8 – 11 am, Sept 27. Meet at the GOP Victory office, 10050 W. Bell Road, #26, Sun City at 8am to organize and head out. After the walk lunch will be provided by the candidates. Contact Lisa Gray: 623.340.8173 or email@example.com
· A ‘Meet And Greet’ For Scottsdale City Council Candidates David Smith And Kathy Littlefield is scheduled from 2-5 pm, Sun., Sept 28 at the Phillip’s residentce, 7451 E Via Dona Rd., Scottsdale. RSVP firstname.lastname@example.org
· A LD6 Debate With Both Republican And Democrat Candidates is scheduled at 3 pm, Sept 28 at the Sedona Church of the Red Rocks, 54 Bowstring Dr., Sedona, AZ 86336 Contact: Andrea and Dwight Kadar at email@example.com or (281) 682-8743.
· September 29 Is The Deadline For Making The AzCDL Annual Meeting reservations for the Sat., Oct 11 meeting at the at the Sheraton Crescent Hotel in Phoenix. Details - website. $20 per person. Speakers: Reverend Kenn Blanchard, author of “Black Man with a Gun”, Rep John Kavanagh and author and firearm expert Alan Korwin. Entertainment - Cartridge Family Band. All luncheon attendees eligible for door prize drawings include three (3) Ruger LCP pistols. All this for a mere $20. Contact Fred (firstname.lastname@example.org)
· The Phoenix Chapter Of Executive Women International Invites You To Participate In Its 2014 Annual Fundraiser Between 1-3 Pm, Sat., Sept 29 At The Desert Hills Bowling Ctr., 2959 E. Bell Rd, Phx. Silent Auction. 50/50 Raffle. Reservations 623-512-4707.
· LD17 will meet Sept 30 (last Tues of month) at 7 pm in the Tri-City Baptist Christian Seminary Bldg., (South Side of Parking Lot), 2211 W. Germann Road, Chandler, AZ 85286. Speaker: Former Sen Johnathan Paton, chairman of Yes on Prop 122 Committee. The November meeting has been moved to Nov 18 due to Thanksgiving. No December meeting. contact LD17 Chairman Tyler Bowyer at email@example.com
· LD23 Reminder: The Deadline For Getting Your Intent To Run Forms turned in is September 30, 5 pm This form is for those who want to run for a Board position and also for those who want to run for State Committeeman. Or both. contact Nancy Ordowski firstname.lastname@example.org or 480-203-5278.
· Video: US-Marines-Chant-There’s-No-God-Like-Jehovah 'Singing Is Going To Drive The Secular Humanists INSANE'
ARIZONA FREEDOM ALLIANCE
MARINE SGT. ANDREW TAHMOORESSI (Jailed In MX)
· El-Reno-Woman-Says-She-Shot-Would Be-Home-Intruder-In-Backside Cathy Kouba Says Intruder Left Blood Trail For Police
JUDGE JEANINE PIRRO
· Fresh-Plot-To-Bring-Down-Airplanes House Intelligence Chair Reveals Terror Threat 'More Immediate' Than ISIS
DEPT OF HOMELAND SECURITY
SECRETARY OF STATE