- ► June (26)
- ► May (31)
- ► April (24)
- ► March (27)
- ► February (28)
- ► January (31)
- ► December (29)
- ► November (30)
- ► October (31)
- ► September (32)
- ► August (31)
- ► July (31)
- ► June (30)
- ► May (30)
- ► April (30)
- ► March (31)
- ► February (28)
- ► January (31)
- ► December (30)
- ► November (29)
- ► October (31)
- ► September (29)
- ► August (32)
- ► July (25)
- ► June (21)
- ► May (31)
- ► April (30)
- ► March (30)
- ► February (29)
- ► January (31)
- ► December (28)
- ► November (30)
- ▼ October (32)
- ► September (29)
- ► August (32)
- ► July (31)
- ► June (27)
- ► May (31)
- ► April (36)
- ► March (42)
- ► February (35)
- ► January (34)
- ► December (39)
- ► November (35)
- ► October (42)
- ► September (37)
- ► August (35)
- ► July (37)
- ► June (37)
- ► May (21)
- ► April (33)
- ► March (39)
- ► February (36)
- ► January (38)
- ► December (39)
- ► November (32)
- ► October (37)
- ► September (39)
- ► August (42)
Briefs Editor Frosty Taylor email@example.com
Web Master John Strasser
October 18, 2014
· ATTN: Must See -- Watch the WMV Security Surveillance Video Recorded On August 25, 2014, at Maricopa County Elections MCTEC Facility surveillance video See full story http://archives.mcrcbriefs.org/10-16-14
· Sheriff Joe Arpaio Joined Gubernatorial Candidate Doug Ducey In A Tele-Townhall This Afternoon.
· The Initial Bylaws Committee Meeting for the 2015 Maricopa County Statutory Meeting will be held on Thursday, October 23, 6 PM to 7 PM, GOP Headquarters, 3501 North 24th St, Phoenix, AZ 85016. Per our Bylaws each District Chairman may appoint one member to the Bylaws Committee, this member may be the Chairman of the respective district. Chairman please announce to your members that those wishing to have a Bylaw Amendment reviewed should submit their proposal to their District’s Bylaw Committee representative or to the Bylaws Committee Chairman, Andrew Costanzo firstname.lastname@example.org. Chairmen, please advise your District’s representative to the Bylaws Committee to RSVP to Costanzo.
· Precinct Committeemen Are Gearing Up To Elect New Officers for their legislative districts. It’s going to be very interesting to see who retires and who evolves into new leadership positions. Rumor has it that it’s already lining up RINO’s vs grassroots in some LDs.
· LD13 Chairman Robert Branch has announced he won’t be running for re-election. The popular, well-liked college professor is pretty busy teaching classes these days which kept him from attending several MCRC EGC meeting. Branch is an excellent Chairman and will be hard to replace.
· LD23 Is In A Power Struggle Between Two Factions. It will be interesting to see how that one shakes out.
· Kudos To Congressman Paul Gosar who keeps on trucking no matter how much pain his hip is giving him.
· Ever Since Sen John McCain Was Censored Last January by both the county and state assemblies, he’s keeping himself in the limelight at every opportunity on the state and national level. Have you noticed he is all over the place when he’s in Arizona? … and makes sure everyone knows it. Yup, he knows 2016 isn’t that far away and he’s working on improving his image on the home front.
· One Big Question Is Whether A.J. LaFaro Will Run For Re-Election as the Maricopa County Republican Committee chairman. Or will LaFaro take on Robert Graham for the AZGOP chairmanship???
· If LaFaro doesn’t run for re-election as MCRC EGC chairman, April Riggins,one of LaFaro’s very capable vice chairs is encouraged to run for the Chairmanship.
· Frank Antenori’s New Radio Show can be heard from 10 am until noon, Friday’s at http://www.powertalk1210.comm Call in Number: 520-750-7456
· LD12 Took A Straw Poll Of The Gilbert And Higley School District board candidates in September. According to Chairman Micki Niland, the winners in the Gilbert Public School poll are Ron Bellus and Dawn Brimhall. Winners of the Higley Unified School District straw poll are Rebecca Jarman and Michelle Anderson. In August the National Platform on education was presented to the LD attendees. Niland said, based on the National Platform, the LD favors local control of education standards over “Common Core” and supports funding to the classrooms as a first priority, along with increased transparency on budgets, spending and taxes. They also support educational choice for all students and calm, respectful interactions with all stake holders in the community. They also agreed to support East Valley Institute of Technology (EVIT), District 7 candidate James Candland.
· Interesting Observations: McSally-Leads-Money-Race-Democratic-Incumbents under “News Links” says McSally is in the best financial shape of any congressional candidate in Arizona, sprinting ahead of three democratic incumbents her party hopes to defeat Nov. 4. McSally has raised the most money for her campaign, has the most cash in the bank and has nearly spent the most since the 2014 election season began, as she seeks to topple Congressman Ron Barber (D) - in a rematch in southern Arizona's 2nd Congressional District.
· Scroll Down To “What the Candidates Are Saying” and you will find McSally’s plea for more money. “That’s why for the next 72 hours we’ve launched an Emergency Early Vote Fund. McSally Emergency Early Vote Fund Goal $10,000. Time Remaining – 72 Hours. Suggested Contribution: $5O Ron Barber, Nancy Pelosi, and their liberal allies are doing everything in their power to buy this race, but we can’t let them. In 2012, Martha lost by 2,454 votes - that is less than 1%! We can make up that difference by ensuring we reach the voters we have identified to vote early. Can You Help Fund Our Efforts Immediately? Without your support we will be underfunded.
· Don’t Forget To Sign Your Mail In Ballots Envelope. Did you know that over 5,000 ballots in the primary weren't counted because they weren't signed and they arrived after the primary. It is suggested that you mail in your early ballots by Oct 30 so they are sure to be delivered to the Recorder’s office by Nov 4. Postmarks do not count. If you don’t mail your ballot before Oct 30, take it to any polling place within your county.
· Gov Jan Brewer: “In 2008, Arizona Voters Approved a state constitutional amendment to define marriage as a union of one man and one woman. Now, with their rulings, the federal courts have again thwarted the will of the people and further eroded the authority of states to regulate and uphold our laws. “It is not only disappointing, but also deeply troubling, that unelected federal judges can dictate the laws of individual states, create rights based on their personal policy preferences and supplant the will of the people in an area traditionally left to the states for more than two hundred years. As Justice Scalia opined, such action is tantamount to ‘an assertion of judicial supremacy over the people’ and is an image of the judiciary ‘that would have been unrecognizable to those who wrote and ratified our national charter.’ “Simply put, courts should not be in the business of making and changing laws based on their personal agendas. It is not the role of the judiciary to determine that same-sex marriages should be allowed. Historically and traditionally, that power belongs to the states, and to the people. If society wants to recognize same-sex marriage or civil unions, that decision should be made through our elected representatives or at the ballot – not the courts.”
Congressman David Schweikert, Attorney General candidate Mark Bronovich, Rep Steve Smith, Rep Steve Montenegro, LD 30 Candidate Gary L. Cox are among those who will be attending the Politics on the Rocks "Candidates & Cocktails Lounge" at the Bentley Scottsdale Polo Championships at 1:45 pm, Sat. Oct 25 at WestWorld at the Omni Scottsdale Polo Field. To reserve tickets & tables click here: http://thepoloparty.com/site/tickets-tables/
· A ‘Round Up For CD9 Candidate Wendy Rogers’ phone bank is scheduled between the hours of noon and 8 pm, Mon – Fri., and from 10 am to 6 pm, Sat., at 3030 S Rural Road #120 in Tempe. AZ 85282 and at 1600 W Chandler Blvd $150, Chandler, AZ 85224.
· Gubernatorial Candidate Doug Ducey need volunteers to help in his campaign headquarters, 4455 E Camelback Rd., #E-260, Phoenix AZ 85018 from 5-8 pm, Mon-Thurs, 3-6 pm, Fri., and noon to 3 pm on Sat. Contact: Cylee Gutting 660-341-8839.
· The Paradise Republican Women are calling for volunteers to help get out the vote and make phone calls for candidates. Volunteers can work from the office between 10am-5 pm, Mon-Sat at 7047 E Greenway Parkway #250, Scottsdale AZ 85254 or your home. Contact: Chr Lori Urban 480-221-9633 or email@example.com to join us! This is a great way to earn some volunteer hours for club rewards and spend some time with other members - all while we make a difference to our candidates!
· ATTN: Candidates/LD leaders/Group Chairman: If you have sent events or announcements to Briefs that have not been posted (except endorsements) or that I have not responded to, please resend them. Messages can be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org If I do not respond with “thx” within 24 hours, please resend – using one or all of the above e-dressses. I’d rather get duplications than not receive your e-mails.
· Republican Candidate Announcements, fundraiser, neighborhood walks and other events can be sent to email@example.com for posting in the Briefs. In fairness to all GOP primary candidates, Briefs does not post endorsements, nor does it endorse any GOP candidates prior to the primary. See Briefs at Http://Archives.Mcrcbriefs.Org/
WHAT CANDIDATES ARE SAYING:
· CD2 Candidate Martha McSally: With 17 days before Election Day, voters are already deciding between Martha and Ron Barber. We have to reach every person possible who will vote early so we can secure their vote for Martha, or the liberals could capture these voters. That’s why for the next 72 hours we’ve launched an Emergency Early Vote Fund. McSally Emergency Early Vote Fund Goal $10,000. Time remaining – 72 hours. Suggested Contribution: $5O Ron Barber, Nancy Pelosi, and their liberal allies are doing everything in their power to buy this race, but we can’t let them. In 2012, Martha lost by 2,454 votes - that is less than 1%! We can make up that difference by ensuring we reach the voters we have identified to vote early. Can you help fund our efforts immediately? Without your support we WILL be underfunded. And if we don't have the resources, Martha is in grave danger of losing. chip in
CD9 Candidate Wendy Rogers: Today Rush Limbaugh broadcast to the nation . . . I hit a nerve by calling out Kyrsten Sinema for being weak on national security. The Left has tried its hardest to change the dialog. It has failed. My ad is about the Left's failure to protect our nation, and I won’t stop fighting until we hold our leaders accountable. Now we must build upon our momentum. Rush Limbaugh's national spotlight has become a clarion call to action. Chip in Kyrsten Sinema is less than 4 weeks away from being retired. She’s never led, will never lead, and with your help we’ll replace her with strong, proven leadership. She actually voted to grant constitutional rights to terrorists! She's dangerous for our country. I’m ready to serve. We now command the narrative. Please donate to help me keep it that way. There are only 26 days left in this election, and we need to finish strong over these final few weeks to retire Kyrsten Sinema. Chip in
CALENDAR OF EVENTS
· Maricopa County Sheriff Joe Arpaio will speak at 11:30 am., Mon, Oct 20 at a fundraiser for LD4 Senate candidate Constance Uribe at the Shilo Inn, 1550 Castle Dome.
· LD22 (3rd Mon) 6:30 pm. Westbrook Village Community Center. Traveling east or west on Union Hills Rd. enter Westbrook Village at Country Club Pkwy (first light west of 83rd Ave.) north to Vista’s Rec Center. Chr Eric Morgan firstname.lastname@example.org
· The College Republicans At Embry Riddle in Prescott will be hosting Town Hall for Congressman Paul Gosar at 6 pm, Oct 20 in the Student Union - Lower Hangar on campus at Embry-Riddle (3700 Willow Creek Road Prescott). Contact: Joey Cilano, President - College Republicans at ERAU and Vice-President - Yavapai County Young Republicans.
· The Sun City Republican Club will hold their Oct 20 Meeting at 6:30 pm, in the Sundial Center, 14801 N 103rd Ave., Sun City AZ 85351 to hear guest speakers address Prop 480 – that will create the third largest tax increase in the history of the state. Refreshments will be served.
· Trevor Lakey of Heritage Action will be leading the discussion on “What To Expect With A Republican Senate And How To Mobilize Social Media To Reach Your Goals” during the 6:30 pm, Mon, Oct 20 Arizona Project meeting at 3375 E Shea Blvd, Phx. Chr Ronald Ludders 602-677-1496.
· Jim Click, Matt Gleason, Jonathan Paton, Mick Rusing, Christine Toretti & Jim Weaver Invite you a reception in support of attorney general candidate Mark Brnovich between 5:30-7:30 pm, Mon., Oct 20 in the Tucson Country Club, 2650 N Camino Principal, Tucson, AZ 85715. Co-Chair $2,000, Host Committee $1,000, Individual Tickets $250. Business Casual Attire. Contact: Amilyn Pierce at 602-708-8980 or Jess Yescalis at 602-400-5683. RSVP to email@example.com or 602-708-8980To donate, CLICK HERE
Sheriff Joe Arpaio Will Be Speaking at fundraiser for Dr. Connie Uribe at the Yuma County Republicans at noon, Mon., Oct 20 at The Shilo Inn. $25 per person/lunch. RSVP Sec. Lorna Brooks 928-317-9120 :firstname.lastname@example.org
· The Fountain Hills AZ Tea Party (3rd Tues) will meet at 6:30 pm, Tues., Oct 21 in the Fountain Hills Unified School District Learning Center, 16000 E Palisades Blvd. (Palisades Blvd. & Golden Eagle Blvd.) Speakers include Attorney General candidate Mark Brnovich and Arizona Corporation Commission candidates Doug Little and Tom Forese. Free admission. Donations welcome. Contact: Chairman Richard Rutkowski email@example.com or www.fhteaparty.org
· The Surprise Tea Party Patriots will meet on Tuesday, October 21 from 6:30 to 8:00 pm at the Sun City West Foundation Plaza, 14465 W. R H Johnson Blvd. Dr. Michael Farris will be the featured speaker via Skype. Farris is the head of the Convention of States Project and will speak on this topic. www.surpriseteapartypatriots . There will be no Nov 3 meeting. Maricopa County Sheriff Joe Arpaio will speak at the Nov 18 meeting.
· The Arizona Corporation Commission has scheduled a Special Open Meeting/Winter Preparedness at 10 am, Tues., Oct 21. click notice and agenda: Special Open Meeting/Winter Preparedness.
· The LD4/Estrella Conservative Republican Club (4th Wed) will meet ata 7 pm, at Estrella Foothills High School, 13033 S Estrella Parkway, Goodyear, 85338. 6:30 pm meet and greet. Look for the banner directing you to the correct building on the campus. Contact LD 4 Chr Fred Amator, firstname.lastname@example.org or 623-980-6007 or for The Estrella Conservative Republican Club contact Richard Newcomer, email@example.com or 602-512-1340.
· LD4 (4th Wed) 6:30 pm social. 7 pm mtg, Foothills High School 13033 South Estrella Parkway. Speaker: Secretary of State Candidate Michele Reagan will address general election propositions. Chr Fred Amator firstname.lastname@example.org
· Former Presidential Candidate Mitt Romney, Senator Jeff Flake, Secretary of State Ken Bennett, former Mesa Mayor Scott Smith and radio talk show host Hugh Hewitt will attend 7:30 pm, Thurs., Oct 23 reception to show support for gubernatorial candidate Doug Ducey. Gathering at the Mesa Convention Center, 263 N Center St., Mesa, AZ 85201. Free tickets available online. Get Tickets Online
· Gov Mitt Romney Will Be Featured At A Reception For Gubernatorial Candidate Doug Ducey Thurs., Oct 23 at the Home of Darcey and Karl Huish, Highgrove Estates, 4122 East McLellan Road, #15, Mesa, AZ 85205. VIP Reception with Photo opportunity 5:45 p.m. $1500. General Reception 6:15 p.m. $250 per person. Casual Business Attire, RSVP by Tues, Oct 21 to Tammy Wold Tammy@lovasco.com or Emily Pitha Emily@lovasco.com Host Committee as of Oct 13:
The Colorado River Tea Party will meet at 6 pm, Thur., Oct 23 at the Community Christian Church, 6480 E Hwy 95. Speaker: Yuma Community Liaison US Customs/Border Patrol Office Lee Pooley www.coloradoriverteaparty.org
· The Arizona State Rifle and Pistol Association Annual RoundUp Dinner is scheduled Oct 25 at 5060 W. Skeet Street, Phoenix, AZ 85086.
doors open 5 p.m. Dinner, rifle raffle, keynote speaker: Shane Krauser.
· Arizona’s Firearms Expert Alan Korwin will be appearing at the Oct 25-26 Prepperfest in Scottsdale.
· The PrepperFest Expo is scheduled Sat., Oct 25 and Sun, Oct 26 at WestWorld. The Arizona Freedom Fest takes place after Saturday's show. www.PrepperFestExpo.com & www.ArizonaFreedomFest.com Volunteer for a shift & get a free weekend pass to the PrepperFest. www.PrepperFestAZ.com/volunteer
The Sun City Grand Republican Interest Group, (4th Sat) will meet at 9 am, Oct 25 in the Hopi Room at the Chaparral Center, 19781 N. Remington Dr., Surprise. Speakers are Kevin McCarthy – Arizona Taxpayers Association, and ‘Bick’ Bicknell, past chairman of the Maricopa Health Services Board, will address Proposition 480. LD22 Sen Judy Burges and LD22 incumbent House candidates Phil Lovas And David Livingston address various Propositions. Open to all Sun City Grand residents and their guests, elected officials and candidates. Contact: Ginny Nyre, President email@example.com (623-544-7187) or Ruth Seiter, Vice President, Programs firstname.lastname@example.org (623-544-9309) or www.grandpop.com
· All GOP Candidates Are Invited To Participate in the Run Against Trafficking 5K Run/Walk between 7:30-10:30 am, Sat, Oct 25 at Reach 11 Sports Complex in Phoenix. Event emcee is Mike Broomhead from KFYI. Proceeds are benefiting over 20 non-profits working to combat sex trafficking in Arizona thanks to Gov Jan Brewer's leadership on the issue. Go to www.RATraceAZ.org or email Andrea@RATraceAZ.org to reserve a campaign table or set-up a team of walkers. Contact: LD24 PC Andrea Evans 602-448-5959
· Candidates Wishing To Participate In The Oct 25 & 26 Freedom Fest Rally at Westworld’s New 117,000 square foot Tony Nelssen Center North Hall should contact vendor liaison Don Westover 949-690-2042 to register and pay for their table, or event manager Jerry Heikens @ 480-227-4182 or Tony Tanglos at 602-321-4100. Or www.prepperfestexpo.com 8’ tables - $195. 10x10’ booth - $295 (early bird price, normally $395). One candidate per table or booth.
· Exposed: The Secret Agenda Behind Ebola No One Is Talking About And Dallas To Activate Emergency Plan And Restrict Freedoms By Declaring State Of Disaster Over Ebola – What That Means For The Locals …
· Allen West: Obama’s Latest Executive Order ‘Unlawful’ & Military ‘Well Within Their Rights’ To Disobey It
· AZGOP financial reports filed/ AZ Sec of State azsos.gov/cfs/FilerDetail
· FEC filing fec.gov/r/CandidateCommitteeDetail/
· Expert: US-Playing-Russian-Roulette-With-Ebola
'Am I The Only Voice That Is Willing To Speak Against Current Policy?'
· Is-21-Days-Long-Enough-For-Ebola-Quarantine We Really Don't Know The Upper Limits Of How Long Ebola Can Remain Dormant In The Body. VIDEO
MARINE SGT. ANDREW TAHMOORESSI (Jailed In MX)
· We Didn't Fight For This: Calvin Atwood On The Bergdahl Swap Calvin Atwood, a Marine and veteran of the Battle of Iwo Jima, discusses how the trade of 5 Taliban commanders for Sgt. Bowe Bergdahl endangers the country and why veterans can be a political force if they vote. Find out more at http://www.gotvets.org.
· MUST SEE: The Border States Of America
· Gov Employee Involved In Bizarre 'Egg Roll Scandal' -Gets 30 Months Behind Bars "It Turns Out Egg Rolls..."
· AZ Border Defenders Updated Daily
· Need2NoBorder News Watch
· Holder: If Supreme Court Won’t Act On Same-Sex Marriage, Feds Will
This Massive Obama Admin Nightmare Refuses To Go Away No Matter How Hard They Try To Cover It Up “Documents Obtained By Judicial Watch Under Arizona’s Public Records Law Show..."
· We Didn't Fight For This: Calvin Atwood On The Bergdahl Swap Calvin Atwood, a Marine and veteran of the Battle of Iwo Jima, discusses how the trade of 5 Taliban commanders for Sgt. Bowe Bergdahl endangers the country and why veterans can be a political force if they vote. Find out more at http://www.gotvets.org
LAW & ORDER
SECRETARY OF STATE
· Kerry-Extremism-Goes-Beyond-Islam-Includes-Climate-Change-Poverty Kerry May Have Been Hanging Around Obama Too Long After What He Just Said About ISIS "This is a difficult time..."
· Expert: US-Playing-Russian-Roulette-With-Ebola 'Am I The Only Voice That Is Willing To Speak Against Current Policy?'
White House Celebrates Another Muslim Holiday For The First Time