- ► April (24)
- ► March (27)
- ► February (28)
- ► January (31)
- ► December (29)
- ► November (30)
- ► October (31)
- ► September (32)
- ► August (31)
- ► July (31)
- ► June (30)
- ► May (30)
- ► April (30)
- ► March (31)
- ► February (28)
- ► January (31)
- ► December (30)
- ► November (29)
- ► October (31)
- ► September (29)
- ► August (32)
- ► July (25)
- ► June (21)
- ► May (31)
- ► April (30)
- ► March (30)
- ► February (29)
- ► January (31)
- ► December (28)
- ► November (30)
- ▼ October (32)
- ► September (29)
- ► August (32)
- ► July (31)
- ► June (27)
- ► May (31)
- ► April (36)
- ► March (42)
- ► February (35)
- ► January (34)
- ► December (39)
- ► November (35)
- ► October (42)
- ► September (37)
- ► August (35)
- ► July (37)
- ► June (37)
- ► May (21)
- ► April (33)
- ► March (39)
- ► February (36)
- ► January (38)
- ► December (39)
- ► November (32)
- ► October (37)
- ► September (39)
- ► August (42)
Briefs Editor Frosty Taylor email@example.com
Web Master John Strasser
October 21, 2014
· All mail-in ballot cities/precincts: Voters in these areas should mail in their ballots in at least a week prior to the Nov 4 election to make sure their ballots are received in the County Recorder’s office prior to general election deadline.
o Buckeye: Durango, Festival, Sundance West, Wyman
o El Mirage: Dysart, El Mirage, Rancho Mirage, Soledad
o Fountain Hills: Fountain Hills, Four Peaks, Golden Eagle, Palisades, Saguaro
o Goodyear: Desert Blossom, Desert Thunder, Desert Vista, Goodyear, Mobile, Palm Valley, Rio Paseo, Pebble Creek, Westar, Wildflower, Wigwam
o Litchfield Park: Wigwam (in both Goodyear & Litchfield Park) Cheney, Doubletree, Kiva, Palo Cristi
o Town of Paradise Valley
o Queen Creek: Sanokai
Wickenburg: Wickenburg (those who reside within the city limits). The Wickenburg Community Center will be open for those living outside the Town limits.
The All Mail Cities/Towns are the same as they were for the Primary Election. Additionally, the Town of Carefree and City of Goodyear are holding an All Mail special elections in November. The Recorder’s office will be mailing to voters in the All Mail Cities/Towns from the Primary even if they are not holding a General Election, according to Kristi Passarelli, Maricopa County Elections Dept
Please note that there are still polling locations for precincts that are split (where a portion of the precinct is within a mail ballot city/town and the other portion is not) For example: Wickenburg precinct – The people who live in the Town will get a ballot in the mail. The people who live outside the city boundaries (in Maricopa County) will vote at the community center. For voters to find their assigned polling location or replacement ballot location for all mail areas they need to use our locator: maricopa.gov/pollingplace/
· Tuesday Afternoon, AZGOP Chairman Robert Graham backpedaled and thanked the majority of county recorders in Arizona who have provided the party with voter lists and information that party volunteers used to encourage voters to participate in the election process. Yesterday Graham referred to “incompetent, corrupt, or misinformed public officials (who) do not do their jobs” as he criticized several counties that he claimed “appeared to not be providing lists of voters who had returned ballots as required by law.”
Today’s AZGOP release reads: “In response to yesterday’s press release, Pinal, Yuma and Gila counties responded to us with ballot returns or plans for when they would provide the returns. Upon further review we also found that Navajo County had provided us with their lists and we offer them our sincerely apology,” said Graham. “We appreciate all of the hard work of our county recorders and look forward to continuing to work with them. However, we’ve still got a serious problem with Santa Cruz County refusing to provide lists of voters are required by law, leaving Arizona’s wondering what’s going on with 22,000 voters in southern Arizona,” Graham added. azgop.org/blog/
· Robert Graham Backs Off From Yesterday’s Allegations that “Five Arizona Counties Refuse to Follow Law Requiring Informing Parties About Voter Turnout: County Officials Obstruct Voter Reporting, Disrupt GOP Turnout Efforts.”
Yesterday, Graham “blasted several elected county recorders in Arizona who have refused to comply with the law regarding providing political parties certain with lists of registered voters. We have some very tight races with razor thin margins between candidates. Many of our candidates are being affected — especially Sylvia Allen, Brenda Barton, Bob Thorpe, and Andy Tobin who all need our help — but it’s hard to help them when incompetent, corrupt, or misinformed public officials do not do their jobs.”
Graham’s 8-20-14 release stated: “State law requires county officials to provide parties with lists of voters who request and return early ballots. These lists are essential for the AZGOP to function as a state party and to help Republican candidates. Knowing who has returned a ballot means the campaigns and the party can stop sending those voters mail, knocking on their doors, and making calls to them, all of which involve significant expenditure of precious campaign resources. Unless the party and our candidates can receive correct information from our own county governments the party cannot efficiently get out the vote.
“We have 12 Victory offices statewide with paid and volunteer staff calling Republicans in every part of the state to remind them to turn in their ballots. We don't want to call those who have already voted, and neither do those voters wish to receive such calls,” added Graham. "The law requires counties to tell us who’s voted so we can prevent this waste of time and resources, but were not getting the information we need from five counties."
· Editor’s Note: Briefs took down the AZGOP’s original 8-20-14 story when reports started surfacing that Graham’s allegations against the county recorders were flawed. The original story can be viewed at http://azgop.org/five-arizona-counties-refuse-to-follow-law-requiring-informing-parties-about-voter-turnout.
· Yesterday, Graham also mounted a campaign “to encourage Republican Precinct Committeemen — “many of whom are making unnecessary calls to those who have already voted because county recorders won't provide timely information “ — to contact the Navajo, Pinal, Yuma, Gila and Santa Cruz County Recorders offices to demand they comply with the law. Graham referenced A.R.S. § 16-168(D): “During the thirty-three days immediately preceding an election and on request from a county or state chairman, the county recorder shall provide at no cost a daily list of persons who have requested an early ballot and shall provide at no cost a weekly listing of persons who have returned their early ballots. The recorder shall provide the daily and weekly information through the Friday preceding the election. On request from a county chairman or state chairman, the county recorder of a county with a population of more than eight hundred thousand persons shall provide at no cost a daily listing of persons who have returned their early ballots. The daily listing shall be provided Mondays through Fridays, beginning with the first Monday following the start of early voting and ending on the Monday before the election.”
· Earlier this week the Santa Cruz County Board of Supervisors and County Recorder lost a legal challenge brought by a group of voters seeking information about the voting and election process in Santa Cruz County, according to AZGOP Chairman Robert Graham More case information here, Other ballot problems based in Santa Cruz are reported here. azgop.org/blog/
· Don’t Forget To Sign Your Mail In Ballots Envelope. Did you know that over 5,000 ballots in the primary weren't counted because they weren't signed and they arrived after the Primary. It is suggested that you mail in your early ballots by Oct 30 so they are sure to be delivered to the Recorder’s office by Nov 4. Postmarks do not count. If you don’t mail your ballot before Oct 30, take it to any polling place within your county.
· Circulating The Internet: THE DEBT CEILING
* Democrats don't understand THE DEBT CEILING
* Republicans don't understand THE DEBT CEILING
* Liberals don't understand THE DEBT CEILING
* NO ONE understands THE DEBT CEILING
* SO - Allow me to explain:
Let's say you come home from work and find there has been a sewer backup in your neighborhood. Your home has sewage all the way up to your ceiling.What do you think you should do -- raise the ceiling or pump out the s---? Your choice is coming in November.
· Phx Mayor Greg Stanton and the Phoenix City Council unanimously today (Tues, Oct. 21) approved a plan to protect Phoenix against future shortages on the Colorado River and help ensure that the city remains a leader in the sustainable management of its water supplies. phoenix.gov/news/mayor/433
· The Governor’s Office of Highway Safety recently awarded the Phoenix Street Transportation Department $95,000 to enhance its traffic safety efforts for pedestrian and bicycle safety. phoenix.gov/streets
· Navajo County Recorder Laurette Justman has announced that approximately 21,000 vote-by-mail ballots were mailed last week for the 2014 General Election for all voters on the Permanent Early Voting List (PEVL).
· Maricopa County Attorney Bill Montgomery and former MC Attorney Rick Romley will join Gubernatorial Candidate Doug Ducey for a 8 am Veterans’ Town Hall on Mon, Oct 27 at the American Legion Post #62 at 9847 W Desert Cove Ave., Peoria, AZ 85345. RSVP: RSVP form
· The Navajo County Board of Supervisors unanimously chose Jason Whiting to replace Supervisor Sylvia Allen as the Navajo County Supervisor for District III. Whiting will fulfill the remainder of Mrs. Allen's term which concludes in 2016. Allen was recently appointed to the Arizona Senate.
· Final Push To Get Out The Vote In CD 3. This part of the orchestrated strategy is to simply make phone calls to Republicans in CD 3 who have not yet returned their early ballots. The bottom line is that CD3 candidate Gabby Saucedo Mercer wins if we can get enough Republicans in CD 3 to vote! But that is not all; with a Gabby victory we should expect victories for the respective Republican State Senate and House Candidates in LD 4, LD 13, LD 19 and LD 29 and our efforts will also assist our State-wide candidates too. Voters said that you want to get rid of the leftist incumbent Raul Grijalva, now is your chance to act! We have thousands of calls to make and Gabby needs your help. I promise you that it is really easy; you can secure the vote of 100 Republicans in just a few hours. If 100 contacts if too many, then just ask for 50. For a sample script and a phone list contact Andrew Costanzo, firstname.lastname@example.org or 480 677-0697.
· The Navajo County Board of Supervisors convened a Special Board meeting Fri, Oct 17 to consider an agreement with the Bureau of Indian Affairs (BIA), which would allow the Sheriff's Office to house inmates from the tribal communities in the County's adult detention facility. Sheriff KC Clark, and a team of his staff, have been working with County Attorney Brad Carlyon, and the BIA, to finalize this agreement, and upon hearing that the final details were complete, Chairman Jesse Thompson asked the Board to meet and consider the proposal.
· Oct 22 A National Strike Is Called (By Alex Jones Infowars) to make Obama block west african flights from countries with ebola from entering the us and infecting Americans. Arizonans will meet between 12:30 -4 pm, in front of the Federal Buildings, 405 W Congress, Tucson. Contact: John Underhill Johnjayunderhill@Gmail.Com Strikers will pass out literature. Bring signs and phones to call Federal legislators. Call Underhill after 11:30 or text before at 520-349-0794. Link To Alex Jones Call For A National Strike. Stopebolastrike-National-Strike-To-Force-Obama-To-Stop-West-African-Flights
· Arizona’s Gas Utilities And Pipeline Companies presented plans today before the Corporation Commission to demonstrate how they will ensure that customers continue receiving reliable service as we enter the heating demands of winter. Presentations were made to the Commission by Southwest Gas, UNS Gas, Alliant Gas, Questar, Transwestern Pipeline, and El Paso Natural Gas. “The utilities outlined their plans for meeting winter demand and Arizonans can rest assured that supplies are robust,” said Chairman Bob Stump. “A warmer-than-normal winter has been forecast, and Arizona's utilities appear prepared to meet Arizonans energy demands during our colder months.” The companies also outlined their emergency plans to deal with any potential service outages and how they will work ensure an adequate supply and staffing to respond to any extreme weather conditions. Copies of each utility company’s presentation :2014WinterPreparedness.asp
· Flashback: McCain Says Nothing To Fear With Obama In White House McCain tells voters: We have nothing to fear with Barack Obama in the White House (2008 FLASHBACK). After a particularly fired-up rally in Minnesota, Mr McCain was booed when he tried to soothe the crowd, defending Mr. Obama as "a decent person and a person you do not have to be scared of as president of the United States."
· Volunteers Are Needed For The Registration Desk at AzFRW Board of Director's Meeting between 9 am-7 pm, Fri, Oct 24 and from 8 am-9:15 am on Sat., Oct 25 at the Crowne Plaza Hotel, 2532 W. Peoria Ave., (NE Corner of I-17 and Peoria ) Contact Lori Urban to volunteer email@example.com
· You Can Reserve Free Online Tickets To The Victory Rally with former presidential candidate Mitt Romney and gubernatorial candidate Doug Ducey at 7:30 pm, Thur., Oct 23 at the Mesa Convention Center, 263 N Center St., Mesa, AZ 85201. Free tickets available online. See nationally syndicated radio show host Hugh Hewitt, Sen Jeff Flake, Congressman Matt Salmon, Secretary of State Ken Bennett, and former Mesa Mayor Scott Smith.
· The Americans for Legal Immigration (ALIPAC) Protests@alipac.us is planning a nationwide protest against illegal immigration this coming weekend. Arizona events are scheduled:
o Tucson AZ, (Oct 24), Tucson Mexican Consulate, 553 S. Stone Avenue, Fri., Oct 24, 12pm (High Noon). Exercise YOUR First and Second Amendment Rights
o Phoenix, AZ (Oct 25) 11th Ave and I10 pedestrian overpass, Saturday, Oct 25 8am-11am National Wave 27- No Amnesty, Flip the Senate.
o Kingman, AZ (Oct 25) I40 and Andy Devine, Saturday, Oct 25 8am-11am National Wave 27- No Amnesty, Flip the Senate.
· The Maricopa County Air Quality Department’s Brown Bag event will be held at 1 pm, Tues., Oct 28 in the 9th flr classroom, 1001 N. Central Ave., Phx. Topic: No Burn Day; fireplace and woodburning restrictions in Maricopa County. RSVP: Kim Butler at KimberlyButler@mail.maricopa.gov Open to the public. No charge. Visitor parking is available in the white, three-story parking garage next to MCAQD Bldg building. Enter bldg., check-in at the reception area in suite 125, then take the elevator to the 9th floor.
· AZGOP: More Than 21 Days Ago Democrat Fred DuVal, a special interest lobbyist and career influence peddler, promised to release his lobbying client list during the Clean Elections debate on September 28. Today, Arizonans are still waiting for DuVal to keep the public promise he made to them. To help voters keep track of how long it takes for DuVal to come clean and keep his promise, the Arizona Republican Party today released “DuVal’s Disclosure Promise Clock” to highlight how long it’s been since he made that promise and remind him that the clock is ticking. See details: azgop.org/blog/
· One Week Ago, Dem Gubernatorial Candidate Fred Duval told Redemption Church in Gilbert that he supports allowing a child as young as 14 years old to have an abortion without her parent’s consent. Several stories and non-local news outlets have reported on his now-apparent extreme views on abortion. Pastors and other leaders have spoken out in support of parental consent and the role of the family during such a critical time. Today, the Arizona Republican Party learned that in a statement on Friday, Fred DuVal is seeking to walk back his comments. “Days after stating his unequivocal support for minors, even as young as 14 years old, having abortions without the knowledge or consent of parents, Fred DuVal is now seeking to mislead Arizonans,” Arizona Republican Party Chairman Robert Graham said. “The truth is DuVal is a liberal lobbyist who holds extreme positions that are opposed by the vast majority of Arizonans and they won’t fooled by slick tactics.” See: DuVal video Full release azgop.org/blog/
· Brewer Issued An Executive Order To Create The Governor’s Council On Infectious Disease Preparedness And Response. See Executive Order: http://www.azgovernor.gov/Newsroom/Gov_EO.asp Current appointees to the Governor’s Council on Infectious Disease Preparedness and Response include:
o Two representatives from the Arizona Department of Health Services; Will Humble, MPH, Director and Cara Christ, MD, Chief Medical Officer
o Three representatives from healthcare systems that include a tertiary care hospital; Shaun Anand, MD, Medical Director, Banner Health Network, Sean Elliott, MD, Medical Director, Infection Control, UMC, and Robert Fromm, Jr. MD, Chief Medical Officer, Maricopa Integrated Health System
o One representative from a general hospital in a county with less than 500,000 persons; Mark Carroll, M.D., Chief Medical Officer, Flagstaff Medical Center
o Two representatives from a County Health Department with more than 950,000 persons;Bob England, MD Maricopa County Health Officer-Rebecca Sunenshine, MD is currently acting in his absence; and,Francisco Garcia, MD Pima County Health Officer
o One representative from a County Health Department with less than 950,000 persons;Michael O’Driscoll, Gila County Health Officer and President of the Arizona Local Health Officers Association;
o One representative from the Arizona Hospital and Healthcare Association;Debbie Johnston, Senior Vice President, Policy Development
o One representative from the Emergency Medical Services Council;Glenn Kasprzyk, Vice Chair of EMS Council, Manager of Life Line Ambulance
o One representative from the Arizona Academy of Family Physicians; Jim Dearing, DO, Chief Medical Officer, John C. Lincoln Health Network
o One representative from the Arizona Medical Association; Chic Older, Executive Director
o One representative from the Arizona College of Emergency Physicians; Ross Rodgers, MD, FACEP President
o One representative from the Arizona Nurses Association; Robin Schaeffer, MSN, RN, CNE, CAE Executive Director
o One representative from the Arizona Department of Emergency and Military Affairs; Wendy Smith-Reeve, Director
o One representative from the Arizona Department of Public Safety; Robert Halliday, Director
o One representative from the Arizona Department of Homeland Security; Gilbert Orrantia, Director
o One representative from a University - Eileen Klein, President, Board of Regents.
· ATTN: Candidates/LD leaders/Group Chairman: If you have sent events or announcements to Briefs that have not been posted (except endorsements) or that I have not responded to, please resend them. Messages can be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org If I do not respond with “thx” within 24 hours, please resend – using one or all of the above e-dressses. I’d rather get duplications than not receive your e-mails.
· Republican Candidate Announcements, fundraiser, neighborhood walks and other events can be sent to email@example.com for posting in the Briefs. In fairness to all GOP primary candidates, Briefs does not post endorsements, nor does it endorse any GOP candidates prior to the primary. See Briefs at Http://Archives.Mcrcbriefs.Org/
WHAT CANDIDATES ARE SAYING:
· CD2 Candidate Martha McSally: Ron Barber has actively avoided talking about his dismal record on jobs and the economy and now we know why: even he thinks Southern Arizona families are worse off under his failed leadership. During an interview segment with KVOA's Sean Mooney that aired last night, when asked if we're better off, Ron Barber answered: "Not for a lot of people I talk to. The people of Southern Arizona, many, too many are still without jobs, still wondering if they're going to keep their job..." interview segment HERE. "I can't think of a better reason to fire Ron Barber than the fact that even he believes his policies have made us worse off than before," said McSally Campaign Spokesman Patrick Ptak. "For families in Southern Arizona, our economy is their number one concern and they know we simply cannot afford two more years of slow growth and high unemployment under Ron Barber. Martha is an independent leader who will actually fight for small businesses and better-paying jobs, not just talk about them, and that's why groups focused on growing our economy are strongly backing her." McSally continues to earn strong support for her fresh approach to creating jobs and growing the economy, recently out-raising incumbent Barber for the 6th reporting period in a row. She has been endorsed by the National Federation of Independent Business, the U.S. Chamber of Commerce, the National and Arizona Restaurant Associations, and the Arizona Republic and won the backing of the National Association of Home Builders, the Associated Builders and Contractors, and the Associated General Contractors. Recently, the Wall Street Journal reported that Tucson has lost more jobs than anywhere in the country since 2009. Earlier this summer, KGUN reported that the Tucson region is one of the "least-recovered" in the nation.
· CD2 Candidate Martha McSally: Rejecting the scare-tactics being used against her, retired Air Force Colonel Martha McSally today released a new ad that features an over-the-top narrator claiming, "McSally dislikes puppies." The ad strikes down the false attacks being used by Ron Barber meant to scare voters while exposing their ridiculous nature. The ad also corrects for the record once and for all: Martha McSally loves puppies. "Ron Barber is showing that when you don't have a record to stand on, you spread lies and fear, but voters see right through his desperate fear-mongering," said McSally Campaign Spokesman Patrick Ptak. "Martha is an independent leader who has shown she'll stand up for what's right, protect seniors' benefits, and fight for better opportunity for students and families." Puppies Transcript:
Barber's Ad Guy: "Martha McSally hates apple pie. McSally will destroy social security!"
Martha: "Hey there, that's totally wrong. My commitment is to protect Social Security and Medicare."
Barber's Ad Guy: "Martha McSally wants to end student loans."
Martha: "Wrong again."
Barber's Ad Guy: "I got it...Martha McSally's War on Women."
Martha: "Are you kidding me? This is why people are fed up with politics. The lies keep growing but the jobs don't. I'm Martha McSally and I approve this message because it's time for a change."
Barber's Ad Guy: "McSally dislikes puppies."
Martha: "Watch it..."
· CD1 Candidate Andy Tobin: There’s just 14 days left, and I’m really, really concerned about what’s happening to Andy Tobin.It’s exactly what happened to me in 2012 – when we lost and Ann Kirkpatrick got reelected. Nancy Pelosi flooded the airwaves with attack ads. We were overwhelmed, and lost by just a few points.Pelosi is doing it to Andy now. The attack ads are non-stop, false and having an impact. I know. I’ve been there. Andy needs our help. contributions could turn the tide. I know Andy can still win and do what I couldn’t do – defeat Ann Kirkpatrick. But this is crunch time. He needs the resources I didn’t have to push back against Pelosi. donate We’ve got to finish the job and get Andy elected. - Jonathan Paton
· CD1 Candidate Andy Tobin: I just hung up the phone from a radio interview with Ann Kirkpatrick. Guess what? She kept on attacking me with ridiculous, canned lines. We already know what attacks she’ll throw our way, since she can’t talk about her liberal voting record. We can handle that. What we can’t handle is the $3,000,000 that Nancy Pelosi is spending to bombard rural Arizona with her own attack ads. Chip in $100, $50, or even $25 right now to help us fight back: http://www.andytobin.com/radio-debate/ I’m nervous that, with just two weeks to go, Nancy Pelosi’s ads are working. We can’t let our conservative message get drowned out by her cash. Donate whatever you can My campaign manager will be giving me a fundraising update tomorrow morning. Hopefully I’ll see your name on the list?
CALENDAR OF EVENTS
· The LD4/Estrella Conservative Republican Club (4th Wed) will meet ata 7 pm, at Estrella Foothills High School, 13033 S Estrella Parkway, Goodyear, 85338. 6:30 pm meet and greet. Look for the banner directing you to the correct building on the campus. Contact LD 4 Chr Fred Amator, firstname.lastname@example.org or 623-980-6007 or for The Estrella Conservative Republican Club contact Richard Newcomer, email@example.com or 602-512-1340.
· The Arizona Corporation Staff Meeting is scheduled at 2:30 pm, Wed., Oct 22. See agenda. Revised Staff Meeting.
· LD4 (4th Wed) 6:30 pm social. 7 pm mtg, Foothills High School, 13033 South Estrella Parkway. Speaker: Secretary of State Candidate Michele Reagan will address general election propositions. Chr Fred Amator firstname.lastname@example.org
· Former Presidential Candidate Mitt Romney, Senator Jeff Flake, Secretary of State Ken Bennett, former Mesa Mayor Scott Smith and radio talk show host Hugh Hewitt will attend 7:30 pm, Thurs., Oct 23 reception to show support for gubernatorial candidate Doug Ducey. Gathering at the Mesa Convention Center, 263 N Center St., Mesa, AZ 85201. Free tickets available online. Get Tickets Online
· Gov Mitt Romney Will Be Featured At A Reception For Gubernatorial Candidate Doug Ducey Thurs., Oct 23 at the Home of Darcey and Karl Huish, Highgrove Estates, 4122 East McLellan Road, #15, Mesa, AZ 85205. VIP Reception with Photo opportunity 5:45 p.m. $1500. General Reception 6:15 p.m. $250 per person. Casual Business Attire, RSVP by Tues, Oct 21 to Tammy Wold Tammy@lovasco.com or Emily Pitha Emily@lovasco.com Host Committee as of Oct 13:
The Colorado River Tea Party will meet at 6 pm, Thur., Oct 23 at the Community Christian Church, 6480 E Hwy 95. Speaker: Yuma Community Liaison US Customs/Border Patrol Office Lee Pooley www.coloradoriverteaparty.org
· The Arizona State Rifle and Pistol Association Annual RoundUp Dinner is scheduled Oct 25 at 5060 W. Skeet Street, Phoenix, AZ 85086.
doors open 5 p.m. Dinner, rifle raffle, keynote speaker: Shane Krauser.
· Arizona’s Firearms Expert Alan Korwin will be appearing at the Oct 25-26 Prepperfest in Scottsdale.
· The PrepperFest Expo is scheduled Sat., Oct 25 and Sun, Oct 26 at WestWorld. The Arizona Freedom Fest takes place after Saturday's show. www.PrepperFestExpo.com & www.ArizonaFreedomFest.com Volunteer for a shift & get a free weekend pass to the PrepperFest. www.PrepperFestAZ.com/volunteer
· Congressman David Schweikert, Candidate for Arizona Attorney General candidate Mark Bronovich, AZ Reps Steve Smith and Steve Montenegro, and LD 30 House Candidate Gary L. Cox are among candidates expected to attend the 1:45 pm, Sat., Oct 25 Politics on the Rocks “Candidates & Cocktails” at the Bentley Scottsdale Polo championships in Scottsdale. Reserve tickets/tables at http://thepoloparty.com/site/tickets-tables/ Contact: Charles A. Jensen
Politics on the Rocks National Committee
The Sun City Grand Republican Interest Group, (4th Sat) will meet at 9 am, Oct 25 in the Hopi Room at the Chaparral Center, 19781 N. Remington Dr., Surprise. Speakers are Kevin McCarthy – Arizona Taxpayers Association, and ‘Bick’ Bicknell, past chairman of the Maricopa Health Services Board, will address Proposition 480. LD22 Sen Judy Burges and LD22 incumbent House candidates Phil Lovas And David Livingston address various Propositions. Open to all Sun City Grand residents and their guests, elected officials and candidates. Contact: Ginny Nyre, President email@example.com (623-544-7187) or Ruth Seiter, Vice President, Programs firstname.lastname@example.org (623-544-9309) or www.grandpop.com
Congressman David Schweikert, Attorney General candidate Mark Bronovich, Rep Steve Smith, Rep Steve Montenegro, LD 30 Candidate Gary L. Cox are among those who will be attending the Politics on the Rocks "Candidates & Cocktails Lounge" at the Bentley Scottsdale Polo Championships at 1:45 pm, Sat. Oct 25 at WestWorld at the Omni Scottsdale Polo Field. To reserve tickets & tables click here: http://thepoloparty.com/site/tickets-tables/
· All GOP Candidates Are Invited To Participate in the Run Against Trafficking 5K Run/Walk between 7:30-10:30 am, Sat, Oct 25 at Reach 11 Sports Complex in Phoenix. Event emcee is Mike Broomhead from KFYI. Proceeds are benefiting over 20 non-profits working to combat sex trafficking in Arizona thanks to Gov Jan Brewer's leadership on the issue. Go to www.RATraceAZ.org or email Andrea@RATraceAZ.org to reserve a campaign table or set-up a team of walkers. Contact: LD24 PC Andrea Evans 602-448-5959
· Candidates Wishing To Participate In The Oct 25 & 26 Freedom Fest Rally at Westworld’s New 117,000 square foot Tony Nelssen Center North Hall should contact vendor liaison Don Westover 949-690-2042 to register and pay for their table, or event manager Jerry Heikens @ 480-227-4182 or Tony Tanglos at 602-321-4100. Or www.prepperfestexpo.com 8’ tables - $195. 10x10’ booth - $295 (early bird price, normally $395). One candidate per table or booth.
· Rep Kate Brophy McGee’s 2nd Annual Howl-O-Ween Doggie Costume Contest is scheduled between 4-6 pm, Oct 26 at The Adobe Patio at the AZ Biltmore Golf Club. Limited to 25 legged friends. Judges – Sheriff Joe Arpaio, Talk Show Host Mike Broomhead and TV personality Jan D’Arti. $25 per person. Proceeds will be donated to The MCSO Mash Unit. No host bar. RSVP (no pooch required to attend) to Shiree Verdone email@example.com 602-541-2997 or Jane Lynch 602-741-6898 firstname.lastname@example.org
· Maricopa-County-Ballot-Mailing-Error Replacement Ballots Sent To 618
MARINE SGT. ANDREW TAHMOORESSI (Jailed In MX)
· AZ Border Defenders Updated Daily
· Need2NoBorder News Watch
GLOBAL WARMING/CLIMATE CHANGE