- ► March (22)
- ► February (28)
- ► January (31)
- ► December (29)
- ► November (30)
- ► October (31)
- ► September (32)
- ► August (31)
- ► July (31)
- ► June (30)
- ► May (30)
- ► April (30)
- ► March (31)
- ► February (28)
- ► January (31)
- ► December (30)
- ► November (29)
- ► October (31)
- ► September (29)
- ► August (32)
- ► July (25)
- ► June (21)
- ► May (31)
- ► April (30)
- ► March (30)
- ► February (29)
- ► January (31)
- ► December (28)
- ► November (30)
- ▼ October (32)
- ► September (29)
- ► August (32)
- ► July (31)
- ► June (27)
- ► May (31)
- ► April (36)
- ► March (42)
- ► February (35)
- ► January (34)
- ► December (39)
- ► November (35)
- ► October (42)
- ► September (37)
- ► August (35)
- ► July (37)
- ► June (37)
- ► May (21)
- ► April (33)
- ► March (39)
- ► February (36)
- ► January (38)
- ► December (39)
- ► November (32)
- ► October (37)
- ► September (39)
- ► August (42)
Briefs Editor Frosty Taylor email@example.com
Web Master John Strasser
October 28, 2014
· MCRC Needs Additional Volunteers for ‘Early Ballot Observation’ at the
Maricopa County Election's MCTEC Facility, 510 S. Third Ave., Phoenix AZ 85003 on the following days:
o Nov 1, Sat., 9 am-4 pm – need two volunteers
o Nov 7, Fri, 9 am - 4 pm – need two volunteers
o Nov 8, Sat., 9 am- 4 pm – need two volunteers
Volunteers should contact MCRC Chr A. J. LaFaro as soon as possible at firstname.lastname@example.org
· ATTN: All MCRC LD Chairmen Precinct Committeemen. In nine more days, Arizona voters will elect new statewide officers and legislators, and all nine of our congressional districts are up for a vote. We need your help to get our
candidates across the finish line and on to victory. The Arizona Republican
Lawyers Association (AzRLA) needs volunteers to serve as poll watchers on
election day. This is a very important responsibility and your help is needed to ensure ballot integrity throughout the state. Time is of the essence and we are coordinating with the AzRLA to ensure a fair election. Please email or call Eric Spencer email@example.com or 602-301-5158 to volunteer. If you have already committed to volunteer, and have your salmon-colored credential letter from me in hand, please email or call Eric as well to let him know where you will be serving. This will allow us to better understand where we might have holes in coverage. Finally, please keep this very important phone number handy on election day: 844-705-5080. This is the “war room” phone number for AzRLA. They will be fielding phone your phone calls on election day and dispatch a trained attorney to your location if need be. - A. J. LaFaro, MCRC Chairman
· AZGOP Will Host A Poll Watcher Training Session at noon on Sat, Nov 1 at the AZGOP HQ, 3501 N 24th St in Phoenix. Contact Eric Spencer to RSVP.
· A One Night Only Showing Of The Film “Mr Conservative” and panel discussion will be offered at 6 pm, Nov 2 at Harkin’s Shea 14 theatre in honor of the 50th anniversary of Sen Barry Goldwater’s 1964 presidential campaign. details here.
· AZGOP Chairman Robert Graham is the call-in guest for Douglas Wolf’s Talk Show at 12:30 pm, Fri, Oct 31 to discuss the final push for Republican victories and give his insights into the races. WWW.KQCKRADIO.COM Douglas Wolf , Pinal County Assessor is the host.
· Watch Harvestor Stuffing Ballots Into A Ballot Box In The WMV Security Surveillance Video Recorded On August 25, 2014, at Maricopa County Elections MCTEC Facility surveillance video See full story as MCRC Chairman A J LaFaro gives a detail account of what he witnessed. http://archives.mcrcbriefs.org/10-16-14
· A Special State Board Of Education Meeting has been called for 9:30 am, Mon, Nov 3 to consider the adoption of a new statewide assessment in reading, writing and math in replacement of the AIMS tests. It will be given to students in grades 3-8 and high school in spring 2015. See benefits of new test ArizonaAimsHigher.org/Assessments. Arizona Aims Higher is a partnership between Expect More Arizona and the Arizona Public Engagement Task Force, an independent alliance of more than 50 partner organizations in support of college and career readiness for all Arizona students.
· RNC Chairman Reince Priebus issued the following statement in response to new reports that the Obama administration is denigrating our ally Israel. Administration officials have been quoted calling the prime minister “chickensh**.” “ISIS is on a rampage through the Middle East, slaughtering innocents and committing mass murder while plotting to kill more Americans. The priority of the Obama administration should be defeating our enemies; instead they are once again insulting our allies. It’s inexplicable and dangerous. This administration consistently gets it wrong on foreign policy. Instead of taking the ISIS threat seriously, President Obama called them the “JV" team. Now, instead of working with our allies in the region to protect democracy and innocent lives, the administration is hurling expletives at Prime Minister Netanyahu. Americans should not accept this. We should never betray our ally Israel. We need a foreign policy that is focused, not fumbling. The country is increasingly concerned about our national security, yet the administration is not inspiring confidence. Our country deserves better. Republicans will continue to work to keep this country safe. That means respecting our allies, going after our enemies, protecting our homeland, and supporting our veterans and men and women in uniform.”
· Congressman David Schweikert will join Scottsdale Mayor Jim Lane and Phoenix VA Health Care System (PVAHCS) Interim Director Glenn Costie at a press conference at 10 am, Thursday Oct to announce the VA's plans to open a Scottsdale-based clinic next spring. The 6880-square-foot space will house Primary Care, Mental Health and Laboratory services and is expected to provide care and services to as many as 3,000 Veterans when it opens. The press conference will be held at the location of the new clinic: 11390 E. Via Linda, Scottsdale, AZ 85259. “This new clinic space is a welcome step in the right direction toward improved care for our service men and women,” said Schweikert. “Our veterans deserve accessible care that meets their medical needs upon separation or retirement from our armed services. This clinic plans to offer increased access to military veterans of Arizona's 6th District and the city of Scottsdale. I look forward to the completion of this transition and hope this new building can provide reliable support for our community.”
· Congressman David Schweikert has a drop off bin for donations for “Packages From Home” for our military serving overseas. Drop of items at 10603 N. Hayden Road, Suite 108, Scottsdale, AZ 85260 by Nov 10. learn more about the items soldiers like to receive Deadline for donations: Nov 10. Hurry in!
· Don’t Forget To Sign Your Mail In Ballots Envelope. Did you know that over 5,000 ballots in the primary weren't counted because they weren't signed and they arrived after the Primary. It is suggested that you mail in your early ballots by Oct 30 so they are sure to be delivered to the Recorder’s office by Nov 4. Postmarks do not count. If you don’t mail your ballot before Oct 30, take it to any polling place within your county.
· All Mail-In Ballot Cities/Precincts: Voters in these areas should mail in their ballots in at least a week prior to the Nov 4 election to make sure their ballots are received in the County Recorder’s office prior to general election deadline.
o Buckeye: Durango, Festival, Sundance West, Wyman
o El Mirage: Dysart, El Mirage, Rancho Mirage, Soledad
o Fountain Hills: Fountain Hills, Four Peaks, Golden Eagle, Palisades, Saguaro
o Goodyear: Desert Blossom, Desert Thunder, Desert Vista, Goodyear, Mobile, Palm Valley, Rio Paseo, Pebble Creek, Westar, Wildflower, Wigwam
o Litchfield Park: Wigwam (in both Goodyear & Litchfield Park) Cheney, Doubletree, Kiva, Palo Cristi
o Town of Paradise Valley
o Queen Creek: Sanokai
Wickenburg: Wickenburg (those who reside within the city limits). The Wickenburg Community Center will be open for those living outside the Town limits.
The All Mail Cities/Towns are the same as they were for the Primary Election. Additionally, the Town of Carefree and City of Goodyear are holding an All Mail special elections in November. The Recorder’s office will be mailing to voters in the All Mail Cities/Towns from the Primary even if they are not holding a General Election, according to Kristi Passarelli, Maricopa County Elections Dept
Please note that there are still polling locations for precincts that are split (where a portion of the precinct is within a mail ballot city/town and the other portion is not) For example: Wickenburg precinct – The people who live in the Town will get a ballot in the mail. The people who live outside the city boundaries (in Maricopa County) will vote at the community center. For voters to find their assigned polling location or replacement ballot location for all mail areas they need to use our locator: maricopa.gov/pollingplace/
· AzCDL Has Scheduled Three Gun Shows in NW Arizona next month.
o Lake Havasu City, this coming weekend,
o Kingman November 22-23
o Bullhead City Dec 6-7.
Volunteer for the Bullhead City show should contact Mark Spencer (520) 234-7204. Volunteer workers for the Kingman show should contact Dave Richardson at firstname.lastname@example.org
· Malcolm Barrett Will Be The Master Of Ceremonies for the 5 pm, Nov 4 Yavapai County Republicans GOP Victory Celebration at the Palace Saloon on Whiskey Row, 120 S Montezuma St., Prescott. Hors d'oeuvres served at 6:30 pm. Hosted by Republican Women Of Prescott in Cooperation with Yavapai County Republican Committee, Yavapai Young Republicans, Embry Riddle University College Republicans, and the following Candidates:
o Congressman Paul Gosar
o State Senator Steve Pierce
o State Representative and LD1 Candidate Karen Fann
o LD1 Candidate Noel Campbell
o Constable Ron Williams
o Candidate for Yavapai College Board Deb McCasland
o PUSD Governing Board Candidate John Lamerson
o PUSD Governing Board Candidate Maureen Erickson
o PUSD Governing Board Candidate Greg Mengarelli
o PUSD Governing Board Candidate David Stringer
· REMINDER: Destroying Political Signs is a Class 2 Misdemeanor (ARS 16-1019 –political signs http://www.azleg.gov/ars/16/01019.htm ) if caught and prosecuted. If you see someone destroying or messing with Republican political signs for candidates in the General Election in Maricopa County, please photograph them and take the photos to the victims or send them to MCRC Chairman A J LaFaro email@example.com
· Dates To Remember:
o October 30: Last Day to Safely Mail Early Ballot
o November 4: Election Day!
January 10, 2015: Maricopa Co. Republican Committee Organizational Meeting
· ATTN: Candidates/LD leaders/Group Chairman: If you have sent events or announcements to Briefs that have not been posted (except endorsements) or that I have not responded to, please resend them. Messages can be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org If I do not respond with “thx” within 24 hours, please resend – using one or all of the above e-dressses. I’d rather get duplications than not receive your e-mails.
· Republican Candidate Announcements, fundraiser, neighborhood walks and other events can be sent to email@example.com for posting in the Briefs. In fairness to all GOP primary candidates, Briefs does not post endorsements, nor does it endorse any GOP candidates prior to the primary. See Briefs at Http://Archives.Mcrcbriefs.Org/
WHAT CANDIDATES ARE SAYING:
· CD9 Candidate Wendy Rogers: My wife of 36 years, Wendy Rogers, has worked around the clock over this past year to win votes across Arizona's 9th District. Her commitment and dedication to her campaign have inspired so many. Wendy rises early every day and stays up late every night to get the job done. She has left no stone unturned to win this election so she can serve our country again -- and now it’s up to us to do our part. In one week, voters will head to the polls. I encourage you to ensure they cast their ballots for Wendy by chipping in today. Your generosity will allow Wendy to share her message on TV, in the mail, and online over these final days. I love my wife. We served 20-year careers together in the United States Air Force, much of it overseas. We have raised two great kids and now have two grandkids. We have owned our own business together. Over the past 18 years, we have created a lot of jobs as a family-run business which we still operate. I am so proud of my wife, I just can't say it enough. She will serve our great nation, because she was born to serve and lead. Wendy follows through. She listens, she assesses, then she inspires others to achieve great success. Wendy has the record of service and leadership to prove it. We need her in Congress. I can tell you that Kyrsten Sinema has never led. In fact, she chooses not to lead. We don’t need a cheerleader who's perpetually trying to win a popularity contest or who gives terrorists more rights. These are dangerous times requiring adult supervision and tested, tried-and-true leadership. Having courage and backbone means doing the right thing whenever called upon. Our country needs my wife Wendy Rogers NOW. Please donate now - keep Wendy's ads on TV. She will do great things in Congress. Please help her serve our nation again. – Her loving husband .
· CD2 Candidate Martha McSally: Friend, I don’t have to tell you that Martha McSally is the type of leader we need in Congress. But, her victory is on the line. That’s why I’m emailing you. Martha urgently needs $25,000 for her Victory Fund and we’re down to the final 7 days of the campaign. Can you help me support Martha as she fights against Ron Barber's big-money backers, who are going all in to buy his seat in Congress? They're funneling MILLIONS of dollars to spread lies about Martha in the campaign’s final, critical days. Martha has to have these additional resources so she can fully equip her field team to combat the misinformation being given to voters. Please stand with me today and support Martha so we can help her to victory in 7 days. Don’t wait - we’re almost out of time. Thank you, Mitt Romney.
CALENDAR OF EVENTS
· “Islam: What Non-Muslims Need To Know About Islam, And Why” will be presented by Dr. Carl Goldberg between 1-3 pm, Wed., Oct 29 and Nov 5 in Surprise. $15 per person. Registration: Call PORA Adult Learning at 623-242-6864.
· Brown Bag Lunch Series Is Phone Banking at noon Oct 30 at the Green Valley Republican Headquarters, Green Valley Village, Suite 70, 101 S. La Canada, Green Valley.
The Colorado River Tea Party meets at noon, Thur., Oct 30 at the Community Christina Church, 6480 E Hwy 95 (last building). www.coloradoriverteaparty.org
Pima County District 1 Supervisor Ally Miller’s Town Hall is slated for 6 pm, Thurs, Oct 30 at the Nanini Library, 7300 N. Shannon Rd., Oro Valley. For Information. Contact District1@Pima.Gov
· AZGOP Chairman Robert Graham will be Douglas Wolf’s call-in guest at 12:30 pm, Fri., Oct. 31 to discuss the final push for Republican victories and give his insights into the races. www.kqckradio.com Douglas Wolf , Pinal County Assessor is the host.
· “The 48th,” A New Political Talk Show featured Secretary of State candidates Michelle Reagan ® and Terry Goddard (D) at 6 pm, Sat., Nov 1. Show to replay at 4:30 am on Mondays. aztv.com/the48th.
· Congressman Jeff Flake will feature Gubernatorial Candidate Doug Ducey at Flake’s Coffee and Cocoa Club Breakfast at 8 am, Sat., Nov 1 at the Scottsdale Plaza Resort, 7200 N Scottsdale Rd. Scottsdale, AZ 85253. (North of Indian Bend on Scottsdale Rd.) Registration - 7:30 am. Breakfast/ Program – 8 am. Limited seating. $25 per person. Coffee cups available for $10/each. Limited supply. RSVP to secure.donationreport.com/productlist by Tues, Oct 28th. Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org or call 602-845-0333.
· Packages From Home Will Conduct A Fund-Raising Golf Tournament Sat, Nov 1 to raise money for shipping package to our service men and women serving in some nasty places around the world. Contact: Ron Ludders 602-677-1496.
· The Sun City West Republican Club will hold its November meeting at 8:30 am, Sat., Nov 1 at the SCW Foundations Building (Quail Room) 14465 R H Johnson Blvd., Sun City West Arizona. Doors open at 8 am – coffee/donuts. $2 donations to help with room rent. Constitutional law expert Shane Krauser is the speaker. Contact: John Neal - Vice President/ and Program Chairman email@example.com 602-218-5344 or 602-421-8877.
NOVEMBER 4 –General Election
· The Pima County Republicans will join CD2 candidate Martha McSally’s Election Night Party at 7 pm, Nov 4 at the Sheraton Hotel, Catalina Room, 5151 East Grant Road, Tucson. Cash bar. The Hotel will offer a special dinner. RSVP is required. RSVP: Jessica at Jessica@mcsallyforcongress.com or Patrick Ptak at firstname.lastname@example.org or (520) 780-2717.
· The Sun Lakes Republican Club invites you to join an evening of dinner, dancing and election night excitement from 5-9:30 pm, Tues, Nov 4 in the Arizona Room at Sun Lakes Country Club, 25601 N. Sun Lakes Blvd, Sun Lakes, AZ 85248. Music by Harry Mathews. Tickets $20 (dinner included). Cash bar. Tables of eight can be purchased for “reserved seating.” Tickets at Sun Lakes CC Front Desk or or via any board member. Only 200 advance tickets available. No door tickets. Contact: Mike Tennant at 480-802-0178.
· The Fountain Hills Election Night Rally is scheduled at 7 pm, Tues, Nov 4 in the Fireside Grill at the Lexington Hotel, 12800 N. Saguaro Blvd. No RSVP required. Order from menu - at your own expense. It’s time to renew your membership. Individual $15 or $20 per family. Contact: Nancy Ordowski email@example.com
· CANCELLED DUE TO ELECTION DAY: The Surprise Tea Party Patriots will not hold the regularly scheduled Nov 4 mtg. Maricopa County Sheriff Joe Arpaio will speak at the Nov 18 meeting.
ARIZONA FREEDOM ALLIANCE
· AZGOP financial reports filed/ AZ Sec of State azsos.gov/cfs/FilerDetail
· FEC filing fec.gov/r/CandidateCommitteeDetail/
· AZ Border Defenders Updated Daily
· Need2NoBorder News Watch
WAR ON WOMEN
GLOBAL WARMING/CLIMATE CHANGE
SECRETARY OF STATE
· Teresa-Heinz-Kerry: Conflict-Kitchen Foundation Run By Kerry's Wife Funds
· Anti-Israel Eatery