- ► June (25)
- ► May (31)
- ► April (24)
- ► March (27)
- ► February (28)
- ► January (31)
- ► December (29)
- ► November (30)
- ► October (31)
- ► September (32)
- ► August (31)
- ► July (31)
- ► June (30)
- ► May (30)
- ► April (30)
- ► March (31)
- ► February (28)
- ► January (31)
- ► December (30)
- ► November (29)
- ► October (31)
- ► September (29)
- ► August (32)
- ► July (25)
- ► June (21)
- ► May (31)
- ► April (30)
- ► March (30)
- ► February (29)
- ► January (31)
- ► December (28)
- ▼ November (30)
- ► October (32)
- ► September (29)
- ► August (32)
- ► July (31)
- ► June (27)
- ► May (31)
- ► April (36)
- ► March (42)
- ► February (35)
- ► January (34)
- ► December (39)
- ► November (35)
- ► October (42)
- ► September (37)
- ► August (35)
- ► July (37)
- ► June (37)
- ► May (21)
- ► April (33)
- ► March (39)
- ► February (36)
- ► January (38)
- ► December (39)
- ► November (32)
- ► October (37)
- ► September (39)
- ► August (42)
Briefs Editor Frosty Taylor firstname.lastname@example.org
Web Master John Strasser
November 13, 2014
· To All MCRC Precinct Committeemen Interested In Running For A MCRC Executive Office: Chairman, 1st Vice Chairman, 2nd Vice Chairman, Secretary or Treasurer. In accordance with the 2014 MCRC Continuing Bylaws, you must send a "Letter of Intent" by December 6th, 5:00pm, via e-mail to Chairman LaFaro at email@example.com Even if you're possibly running as a member of a slate, you must e-mail your "Letter of Intent" separately. - - A. J. LaFaro, Chairman, Maricopa County Republican Committee (MCRC)
· Election results: http://recorder.maricopa.gov/electionresults/
· Can You Believe A Recall Started Against Newly Elected Supt Of Public Education Diane Douglas before she ever takes the oath of office? The hounds who have set upon the lady before she has had a chance to prove what she can do should take a look at ARS 19-202. Supporters link: https://www.facebook.com/standstrong4DianeDouglas
· This Recall Douglas Movement Reeks Of The Odor that arose four years ago when a few malcontents tried to force newly elected State Chairman Tom Morrissey to resign within weeks after he moved into the AZGOP headquarters.
· LD 22 Sen Judy Burges: Please let me take a moment of your most precious time to express my sincere appreciation for all my many friends and their irreplaceable help. Your trust in me is most overwhelming. Thank you God and thank you friends, neighbors and family.
· A LD28 Slate Of Candidates Consists Of:
o Chairman – Vernon Parker
o 1st Vice Chair – Thomas Haney
o 2nd Vice Chair – Walter Dudley
o Cor. Secretary – F Lynn Hopkins
o Rec. Secretary – Lori Galvin
o Treasurer – Frank Rivera.
Election of officer will be held at the Dec 1 LD28 re-organizational mtg.
· MC Board of Supervisors Chr Steve Chucri: I participated in a ribbon-cutting ceremony for Zenefits. I am thrilled about the opportunity this company brings, along with an impressive number of jobs and growth potential. There have been several tech companies that have expanded from California to Greater Phoenix, adding thousands of jobs over the last 12 months. These are exactly the type of jobs we want to build an economy around. We are excited to welcome Zenefits to Scottsdale.
· Congressman Matt Salmon today sent a letter to House Appropriations Committee Chairman Harold Rogers and Ranking Member Nita Lowey asking them to prohibit funding President Obama’s intentions to unlawfully distribute work permits and green cards for illegal immigrants currently in the United States. “The President has a duty to ensure the laws that Congress passes are faithfully executed. Instead of doing his job, just yesterday the President articulated his intention to pursue a course of unilaterally granting amnesty to millions of illegal immigrants. He claims this will be for their benefit, but it is the most detrimental action he could take toward reform of our nation’s immigration laws…See full press release at http://salmon.house.gov/media-center
· U.S. Senators John McCain (R-AZ), Kelly Ayotte (R-NH), Lindsey Graham (R-SC), and Saxby Chambliss (R-GA) sent a letter to the leaders of the House and Senate Armed Services Committees – Senators Carl Levin (D-MI) and James Inhofe (R-OK) and Congressmen Buck McKeon (R-CA) and Adam Smith (D-WA) – regarding the Air Force’s proposal to prematurely divest the A-10 fleet. See full press release http://www.mccain.senate.gov/press-releases
· The ‘Arizona’s Veterans Celebration Through The Eyes Of History’ Exhibit will be open from 10 am to 2 pm, Fri., Nov 14 at The Polly Rosenbaum State Archives Building, 1901 W. Madison St., Phx. The exhibit runs from territorial days to Frank Luke Jr.’s heroic military efforts during World War I, to the state’s significance as a training base for World War II soldiers and aviators. Archivists will be on hand to talk about these. On display will be an 1864 Map of the Military Department of New Mexico (which includes Arizona), the U.S. War Department – Military Map #1, a collection of letters written by Private Austin Seavey while he was stationed in Arizona from 1876 to 1881. Photographs of military encampments during the territorial era and examples of letters written by soldiers returning to Arizona after World War II to Governor Sydney Osborn describing the hardships they faced trying to reintegrate into civilian life will be available for the public to read. See http://www.azlibrary.gov/arm.
· The Estrella Conservative Republican Club will meet at 7 pm., Nov 19 at Estrella Foothills H.S. Contact: Richard Newcomer firstname.lastname@example.org 602-512-1340.
Capitol Times Is Sponsoring “Rock The Capitol: A salute to the 2013-14 Legislature and the incoming freshmen” at 5:30 pm, Thurs., Dec 11. Contact: Melanie Campbell at 602.889.7125 or email@example.com
· The Grossman Burn Center at St. Luke’s Medical Center has closed effective today, according to a memo written by JoLene Lutes, marketing director at St. Luke’s, that is circulating the net this afternoon. All burn patients will be routed to the Arizona Burn Center at Maricopa County Hospital. Contact: JLutes@iasishealthcare.com
· Yavapai County Chairman Jim Dutton: Yavapai County tops the voter turnout charts with 56.76% of our 123,301 registered voters casting ballots in the midterm elections. This surpassed all but one county by more than 10 percentage points. Way to go Yavapai! The concerted efforts, of many individuals and clubs throughout the county are what made and makes the difference. Our Victory Office Phone Bank volunteers spending many hours and making hundreds of calls with over 20 volunteers participating, the Republican Clubs working very hard to get the voters informed and energized, our Precinct Committeeman talking with their neighbors, co-workers and friends compelling them to get involved, all culminated on Tues, Nov 4th with Republican candidates winning big. A special shout out to all the Verde Valley Clubs for their hard work in Sylvia Allen's victory that keeps a Republican in the late Chester Crandell's seat. This was a major victory and one that few felt possible given the circumstances - well done. Finally, I want to congratulate all of our newly elected and re-elected Republican representatives. There is no doubt you are exhausted from campaigning, relieved and excited all at the same time. Thank you for stepping up to serve us and thank you to your families as well for the sacrifices they make for you to fulfill your duties. Please remember that your service over the next two years will be the benchmark for the 2016 elections. People are watching, waiting, anticipating and most of all evaluating how the Republicans they placed in office will perform. Always strive to be the men and women of character and integrity that we know you are. Working together brings Republican victories! -- Jim Dutton, Chairman
· The Fountain Hills Republican Club Christmas Potluck Brunch will be held Sat., Dec 13 at the FH Community Center, 13001 N. La Montana Drive, featuring former Sen Jon Kyl. Several state and local representatives will also be in attendance. Participants are asked to bring a toy for the Annual USMC Toys-For-Tots Drive. RSVP what you plan to bring to share to 3rd V.P. Rosemary Hansen At Rbud88@Msn.Com . Free admission. Membership dues – Jan1, 2015. $15 individual Or $20 per family. Send memberships fees to: FH Republican Club, P.O. Box 17814, Fountain Hills, AZ 85269-7814.
· Campaign Signs and Literature Returned To The Yavapai County Republican Office will be donated for recycling by Mon., Nov 17 if candidates haven’t retrieved by then. Contact (928) 776-4500 with any instructions pertaining to the materials and signs. A few volunteers have offered to help take down signs. If you are interested, give the office a call.
· The Sun City Republican Club will be selling $10 tickets to their annual Christmas party at the Nov 17th Meeting.
· The Yavapai County Republican Statutory/Organizational Meeting is set for Sat., Jan 10. Contact (928) 776-4500. They need a Parliamentarian for this meeting. Please contact (928) 776-4500 if you are interested.
· "Bring your Sweetheart" to the YCRC Annual Lincoln Reagan Day Dinner on Sat, Feb 14, 2015. YCRC is collecting items for the Raffle and Live Auction. To donate, contact Brenda at (928) 776-4500. www.yavgop.org
· Yavapai County Election Results Go here for election results.
· The Fountain Hills Republican Club Social is scheduled At 6 Pm., Tues., Nov 25 at Phil's Filling Station, 16852 E. Parkview Ave.
· Gov Jan Brewer today declared a State of Emergency in response to record flooding caused by Hurricane Odile in Cochise County. Between September 17 and 19, 2014, powerful rains combined with the remnants of Hurricane Odile to cause record precipitation (up to 6 inches of rain) and flooding in Cochise County. The storm damaged public infrastructure, impacted residences, and necessitated the rescue of stranded citizens. Brewer is authorized under A.R.S. § 26-303(D) to declare a state of emergency, which can be used to reimburse eligible emergency response and recovery costs. The funds cannot be used to reimburse home or business owners for flood damages.
The Official GOP 2015 "Your America" Calendar is now available for purchase. The calendar features shots of the American Dream -- an American flag waving over a home and over the New York City skyline, a World War II veteran visiting the World War II memorial in Washington, DD, sun setting over open landscapes and a bald eagle soaring across a clear sky. Free shipping. Get your Official GOP 2015 "Your America" Calendar by contributing $9 or more to the RNC.
· The AZ Republican Lawyers Assn will meet at 11:45 am, Fri., Nov 21 to hear Congressman David Schweikert at Polsinelli, One East Washington #1200, Phx. $20 per member. $35 for non-members (payment at the door. RSVP firstname.lastname@example.org
AZ Heroes to Hometowns Need Monetary Donations to purchase 2,400 grocery gift cards ($15) for a turkey or ham for Thanksgiving dinner for injured/wounded troops, deployed military families, guard, reserves, and active duty military. Please consider helping those families that have done their part to fight for our freedom: Thank you in advance for your support of our wounded troops. Paypal link: www.AZHeroesToHometowns.org Contact: Kathy Pearce, Founder/CEO AZ Heroes to Hometowns 480.330.1632 or email@example.com
· The Western Pinal Republican Club meets at 6 pm, Wed., Nov 19 at the Eva's Fine Mexican Food, 2033 N Pinal Ave, Casa Grande. Check in 5:30 pm. Tickets $10.
· Dates To Remember:
o Jan10, 2015: Maricopa Co. Republican Committee Organizational Mtg, Grace Community Church, Tempe.
o Jan 24, 2015: AZGOP Organizational Mtg
· LD4 Will Hold Its Organizational Meeting At 7 Pm, Wed., Nov 19. 6:30 pm social at the Estrella Foothills High School, 13033 South Estrella Parkway in Goodyear. New officers and state committeemen will be elected. Contact: LD4 Chr Fred Amator Chairman firstname.lastname@example.org
· The Sun City West Republican Club will meet at 8:30 am., Sat., Dec 6 at the SCW Foundations building (Quail Room), 14465 R H Johnson Blvd., Sun City West, AZ. Doors open at 8 am with coffee and donuts being served. $2 admission to help pay for the cost of the room. AZGOP Chairman Robert Graham will induce the newly elected 2015 officers and address the club. Contact: email@example.com 602-218-5344 cell: 602-421-8877.
CALENDAR OF EVENTS
Dan Sexson, Field Director For The John Birch Society, will discuss the major issues relating national sovereignty at 7 pm, Thurs., Nov 13 at the home of The Blewsters, 915 W Fairway Drive, Mesa. Contact Barbara Blewster firstname.lastname@example.org
An Article V Debate is scheduled at 3 pm, Thurs, Nov 13 in the Hearing Rm One at the Arizona State House, 1700 W Washington, Phx 85007. Overflow seating in House Hearing Rooms 3 & 4. The debate will be videotaped. Contact: Patriot Coalition National Director Jeff Lewis. 252-876-9489. Jeff@patriotcoalition.com
· The Grande Valley Republican Women will met at 9 am, Fri, Nov 14 at
Mimi's Cafe at the Promenade of Casa Grande. Doors up at 8:30 am. The speaker is Parralee Schneider, first vice chair women of the Arizona Republican Party. Tickets $7.50. Contact: Glenda Bird at 520-858-2792.
· The Las Fuentes Resort group will meet at 3 pm, at 1035 Scott Dr., Prescott, AZ with the Yavapai County Board of Supervisors. Contact: Jacqui Auwarter (928) 776-7453.
The Pinal County Republican Committee will meet at 10 am., Sat., Nov 15 at Anthem at Merrill Ranch, Union Center, 3925 N. Sun City Blvd., Florence AZ (map). 9:30 am coffee. Adjourn no later than 11:30 am. Contact: Pinal County Republicans Chairman Seraphim Larsen (520) 251-2689 - email@example.com - http://www.pinalcountygop.org/
The Sun City Grand Republican Interest Group will meet at 9 am, Sat., Nov 15 (3rd Sat in the Hopi Room at the Chaparral Center, 19781 N. Remington Dr., Surprise 85374. Coffee and light refreshments are available beginning at 8:30 am. Meetings are open to Sun City Grand residents and their guests, elected officials and candidates. Speaker: AZGOP Chairman Robert Graham. Contact Pres. Ginny Nyre firstname.lastname@example.org (623-544-7187) or Vice Pres. Ruth Seiter email@example.com ( 623-544-9309) or www.grandpop.com
· The Pinal County Republican Committee will meet at 10 am, Nov 15 at the Union Center Ballroom at Anthem Merrill Ranch, 3925 N Sun City Blvd, Florence, AZ.
The Arizona Republican Assembly (AzRA) will meet from 9 am-2 pm., Sat., Nov 15 at the Florence Ely Nelson Desert Center, 8950 E Pinnacle Peak Rd, Scottsdale, just east of Pima Road. Space is limited to 50 attendees. RSVP Secretary Lynne Breyer or President Thayer Verschoor https://www.facebook.com/ArizonaRepublicanAssembly
LD 20 - 6:30 pm, Nov 17 at Washington Elementary School District Office, 4650 West Sweetwater Avenue, Glendale, AZ. Sign in opens at 6 pm. Contact Chairman: firstname.lastname@example.org
· LD19 Will Not Meet On Nov 10. Their organizational meeting is scheduled at 7 pm, Nov 17 at a location to be announced. – Cherie Scott email@example.com
LD22 Has Scheduled Its Election Night At 6:30 Pm, Mon., Nov 17 at the Westbrook Village Association Recreation Center, 19281 N. Westbrook Parkway, Peoria, AZ, 85382. Greg Rucker firstname.lastname@example.org is the Nominations Committee Chairman. For further information contact First Vice Chair Tom Platt at 602-615-8470 or email@example.com
· LD13 Is Conducting Its Reorganizational Meeting for election of officer and state committeemen at 7 pm, Tues., Nov 18 at the PebbleCreek Tuscany Falls Clubhouse – Chianti Room, 16222 Clubhouse Drive, Goodyear, AZ. 85395. Registrations open at 6 pm. Nominations are due to Nomination Committee Chair Bob Branch Chairman@AZGOPLD13.com or by Nov 12. Branch is not running for re-election due to heavy work schedule.
· The LD17 Reorganizational Meeting will be held at 7 pm, Nov 18 at the Tri-City Baptist Christian Seminary Bldg, 2211 W. Germann Road., Chandler, AZ. Officer and State Committeemen will be elected. Chairman Tyler Bowman firstname.lastname@example.org
· The Fountain Hills AZ Tea Party is scheduled at 6:30 pm., Nov 18 (3rd Tues) at the Fountain Hills Unified School District Learning Center, 16000 E Palisades Blvd. (Palisades Blvd. & Golden Eagle Blvd.). Tara Nolan, a representative of the "Run, Ben, Run" organization promoting the possible candidacy of Dr Ben Carson in 2016, will address the group. Some local residents will share their personal stories about immigration. No admission. Donations accepted. Chr: Richard Rutkowski email@example.com or www.fhteaparty.org
· The Surprise Tea Party Patriots will gather at 6:30 pm, Tues., Nov 18 at the Sun City West Foundation Plaza(Grand Canyon Rm), 14465 W. R H Johnson Blvd, to hear Sheriff Joe Arpaio address immigration, veterans, tent city, and drug crackdown. www.surpriseteapartypatriots for more information.
· Bill Gates Coffee Chat is scheduled between 8-9 am, Tues., Nov 18 at Paradise Bakery, 375 E Bell Road, Phx, AZ 85022. Coffee/pastries provided. RSVP request for planning purposes to Council.District.firstname.lastname@example.org or call 602.262.7441. Cox Communications will address WiFi Hotspots. Drop your old computers off at a Cox Solutions Store in recognition of National Recycling Day.
· The Sun City Republican Club will discuss adding three more board members and changing their meeting location place for 2016 at their Nov 17 meeting. Winners of the Nov 4 General Election will be recognized. The Nov 17 mtg starts at 7 pm, at the Sundial Center, 14801 N 103rdAve., Sun City, AZ 85351. A Christmas Party is planned for Mon., Dec 8 .
· The Chandler, Sun Lakes and Gilbert Republicans will meet at 7 pm, Nov 18 in the Tri-City Baptist Christian Seminary Bldg., (On the South Side of Parking Lot), 2211 W. Germann Road, Chandler, AZ 85286. Contact: Chr Tyler Bowyer email@example.com
· The Chandler, Sun Lakes and Gilbert Republicans will not meet in December, according to Chairman Tyler Bowyer. firstname.lastname@example.org
Sold Out: The Republican Women of Prescott meet at 11:30 am, Nov 18 at the Prescott Resort, 1500 E. Hwy 69, Prescott. $17 per person. (Waiting list only, no walk-ins.)Program: Tribute to America's Veterans (Wear uniforms, medals and ribbons if possible) RSVP: Elsie Tyree (928) 778-0235 or email@example.com or Pam Calhoon at (928) 778-7157 or firstname.lastname@example.orgAccepting $17 donations for a Veteran's lunch.
· The YavGOP Executive Committee Meeting is scheduled at 5:30 pm at Republican Headquarters, Conference Room, 112B E. Union St., Prescott
· Palo Verde Republican Women will meet for lunch at 11:30 am., Nov 19 at the Grayhawk Golf Club, 8620 E. Thompson Peak Parkway, Scottsdale, to hear AZGOP Chairman Robert Graham on the latest issues facing the GOP. 11 am social. The cadets of Squadron 302, Deer Valley will present colors. Frank Youdelman, Treasurer of the Tucson Fundraising Committee for the benefit of the new Fisher House, will be presented with a donation. RSVP Edith Stock, email@example.com or call 480-298-7818.
· The Verde Valley Republican Women will meet at 11 am, Nov 19 at the Sedona Rouge Hotel and Spa, 2250 W. Hwy 89A, Sedona. Cost: $17. Speaker: Yavapai County Sheriff Scott Masher. RSVP: Erna (928) 284-4248 or firstname.lastname@example.org
· Freedom Fire Lives - Wed., Nov 19 Supreme Court Stimulation. 6:30 pm, at Burke Basic School, 131 S. Southern Ave., Mesa. $2 admission.
· LD23 Will Meet Nov 20 in the Fountain Hills Learning Center. Sign in begins at 6 pm. This meeting is on the 3rd Thursday. By-laws for election of District Officers.
· The Chino Valley Pachyderm will meet at 6 pm, Nov 20 at the Bonn Fire Restaurant, 1667 S. State Route 89, Chino Valley. RSVP: Sue Goodchild at (928) 636-7355 or email@example.com Limited Seating, Order from menu
· 61% Oppose Federal Regulation of the Internet Americans really like the online service they currently have and strongly oppose so-called "net neutrality" efforts that would allow the federal government to regulate the Internet.
· Sen John McCain has established a new website johnmccain.com
· Quick-Service-Vets-Remain-All-Fired-Up-In-Congress From The Drive-Thru To Congress: The Fast-Food Caucus Dishes
· Russia-Just-Boldly-Announced-Obamas-Cuban-Missile-Crisis Russia Flying Patrol Along In Gulf Of Mexico
· Pima-Count-Finds-New-Ballots New Ballots Found In CD2 Race? It's A Miracle! Laurie Roberts
Obamas-Draft Immigration-Plans Krauthammer Slams 'Constitutionally Odious' Immigration Proposal
ARIZONA FREEDOM ALLIANCE
· Roger-Wicker-Chairs NRSC-For 2016 Elections Mississippi Sen. Roger Wicker Will Chair The National Republican Senatorial Committee In The 2016 Cycle, When The Party Is Likely To Be Defending A 54-Seat Majority.
MARINE SGT. ANDREW TAHMOORESSI
· What-It-Going-Take-Defeat-Amnesty Grassroots Republicans
· AZ Border Defenders Updated Daily
· Need2NoBorder News Watch
DOJ /ERIC HOLDER
· Part-2-Fox-News-Special: Man-Who-Killed-Usama-Bin-Laden 'Face I Had Seen Thousands Of Times': SEAL Recalls Killing Bin Laden
· Pentagon-Officials-Say-Islamic-State-Fight-May-Need-US-Combat-ForcesTop Pentagon officials said Thursday that the U.S. military strategy in Iraq and Syria remains an “Iraq-first” approach aimed at stabilizing that country and doesn't include current plans for U.S. combat troops, but that conditions on the ground could change U.S. calculations.
· BS-Megyn-Kelly-Slams-Dem-Pollsters-Defense-Obamacare My Head Is Going To Explode
JUDGE ANDREW NAPOLITANO
DR. BEN CARSON
· How-The-Pc-Grinch-Suddenly-Stole-Christmas-From-These-Unsuspecting-School-Kids Muslim Outrage Just Caused An Awful Thing To Happen To Christmas And Not Only Will Christmas Be...
WAR ON WOMEN
· Jaha Dukureh Was Subjected To FGM When She Was Just One Week Old. She Immigrated To The United States From Africa When She Was 15 Years Old And Was Forced Into Marriage Shortly Afterwards.
· UK Islamist: 'I Want To See Every Single Woman Covered Head To Toe' CBS News Interviews Prominent British Islamists, Including And Anjem Choudary, And Accompanies Them On A Sharia Patrol.
GLOBAL WARMING/CLIMATE CHANGE
· Youth Tobacco Smoking Rates Putting Millions At Risk Of Premature Death More Than 1 In 5 High School Students Use A Tobacco Product; 90 Percent Are Tobacco Smokers
· Nearly One Million Eye Infections Annually In US Improper Contact Lens Habits Pose Major Risk For Serious Infections
· Michelle-School-Lunches-Photos Anger Parents
DEPT OF HOMELAND SECURITY
· Michelle-School-Lunches-Photos Sparse Trays Anger Parents
· Obamas-AG-Nominee-Has-Seized-904-Million-In-Private Civil Forfeitures
· Iran Switching To Hard Ball In A Last Attempt To Control Iraq Tehran Is Using ISIS As An Excuse To Surge Thousands Of Troops Through The Iran-Iraq Border And Notch Up The Violent Activities Of Its Many Proxy Militia Groups.