- ► April (21)
- ► March (27)
- ► February (28)
- ► January (31)
- ► December (29)
- ► November (30)
- ► October (31)
- ► September (32)
- ► August (31)
- ► July (31)
- ► June (30)
- ► May (30)
- ► April (30)
- ► March (31)
- ► February (28)
- ► January (31)
- ► December (30)
- ► November (29)
- ► October (31)
- ► September (29)
- ► August (32)
- ► July (25)
- ► June (21)
- ► May (31)
- ► April (30)
- ► March (30)
- ► February (29)
- ► January (31)
- ► December (28)
- ▼ November (30)
- ► October (32)
- ► September (29)
- ► August (32)
- ► July (31)
- ► June (27)
- ► May (31)
- ► April (36)
- ► March (42)
- ► February (35)
- ► January (34)
- ► December (39)
- ► November (35)
- ► October (42)
- ► September (37)
- ► August (35)
- ► July (37)
- ► June (37)
- ► May (21)
- ► April (33)
- ► March (39)
- ► February (36)
- ► January (38)
- ► December (39)
- ► November (32)
- ► October (37)
- ► September (39)
- ► August (42)
Briefs Editor Frosty Taylor email@example.com
Web Master John Strasser
November 19, 2014
· To All MCRC Precinct Committeemen Interested In Running For A MCRC Executive Office: Chairman, 1st Vice Chairman, 2nd Vice Chairman, Secretary or Treasurer. In accordance with the 2014 MCRC Continuing Bylaws, you must send a "Letter of Intent" by 5 pm, Dec 6, via e-mail to Chairman LaFaro at firstname.lastname@example.org Even if you're possibly running as a member of a slate, you must e-mail your "Letter of Intent" separately. - - A. J. LaFaro, Chairman, Maricopa County Republican Committee (MCRC)
· ATTN LD Chairman: As you elect new officers and state committeemen, please forward the list of new officers/state committeemen to MCRC Communications Chairman Frosty Taylor at email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org so we can update communications records.
· LD1 Officers, as of Nov 17
Chairman: Cathy Schwanke
1st Vice Chairman: Judy Hoelscher
2nd Vice Chairman: Chuck Braun
Secretary: Suzanne Jordan
Treasurer: Cyndi Moulton
· LD13 Officers – elected Nov 18
Chairman Richard Landis
First Vice Chair Wally Campbell
Second Vice Chair Ben Boone
Secretary Renee Taylor
Treasurer Tom Schoaf
State Committeemen Nominees
1. Wally Campbell
2. Diane Landis
3. Georgia Lord
4. Richard Landis
5. Ron Lord
6. Tom Schoaf
7. John Campbell
8. Joe Pizzillo
9. Clint Hickman
10. Joe Marvin
11. Ben Boone
12. Heidi Owens
13. Ryan Owens
14. Dave Schwake
15. JoAnn Goodrich
16. JoAnn Kathleen Dun
17. Sharon Marvin
18. Dick Lattin
19. Gayle Cooper
20. Jeff Gray
21. Bas Aja
22. Karri King
23. Kori King
24. Ray Naylor
25. Cory Acton
26. Donna Naylor
27. Donny King
28. Kristen Acton
29. Sandra Dowling
30. Dennis Dowling
· LD20 Officers, as of Nov 17:
Chairman: Ray Malnar
1st Vice-Chair: Nickie Kelley
2nd Vice-Chair: Wes Harris
3rd Vice-Chair: Michael Gibbs
Secretary: Naomi Kruse
Treasurer: David Andrews
· LD22 Officers – elected Nov 17
Chairman Eric Morgan
First Vice Chair Glenn Haynes
Second Vice Chair Rae Chornenky
Secretary Van DiCarlo
Treasurer: Kay Heep.
· LD27 Officers – elected Nov 19
Chairman – Ron Harders, email@example.com
First Vice Chairman – Jose Tello firstname.lastname@example.org
Second Vice Chairman – Chris Morrill email@example.com
Secretary – Kat Miller firstname.lastname@example.org
Treasurer – Lien Henry email@example.com
State Committeemen (11):
1. Alice Lara
2. Andrew Costanzo
3. Art Olivas
4. Chris Morrill
5. Jose Tello
6. Kat Miller
7. Myron Jackson Sr.
8. Ron Harders
9. Terry Rapp
10. Tommie Taylor
11. Tracy Ireland
· Congressman Paul A. Gosar’s Statement today after his sponsored legislation, H.R. 4924, The Bill Williams River Water Settlement Act passed the House Natural Resources Committee By Unanimous Consent: “I am very pleased to see this important, bipartisan water rights settlement pass unanimously through the house committee on natural resources. Thousands of Arizonans, including the Hualapai Tribe, are one step closer to benefiting from this legislation which will result in a significant net water benefit to the region. In addition, this bill allows for additional public access for hunting and fishing while the local counties benefit from the good paying jobs and tax revenue associated with continued use of the Bagdad Mine. Water is critical to our continued economic stability in Arizona and is a limited resource on which there are many existing demands that need to be met. This settlement sets a positive example for public/private partnerships to advance a cooperative resolution for long-standing water disputes. Furthermore, it will provide clarity and certainty of water resource availability to other water users in the State Of Arizona. This bill clearly has overwhelming support and I will continue to push for this legislation to be brought to the house floor for a vote as soon as possible.”
· Background: H.R. 4924 would facilitate the achievement of a fair and equitable settlement of certain claims within the Bill Williams River watershed among the Hualapai Tribe, the U.S. Department of the Interior acting on behalf of itself and as trustee for the Tribe, the Arizona Game and Fish Commission, and Freeport McMoRan Minerals Corporation. The bill would ratify the Big Sandy River-Planet Water Rights Settlement Agreement and the Hualapai Tribe Bill Williams River Water Rights Settlement Agreement. The Congressional Budget Office has determined that the bill costs nothing to the federal government. Additionally, The Hualapai Tribe benefits from this legislation by securing certain water rights from two non-federal contributions by Freeport-McMoRan for an infrastructure fund and an economic development fund. Congressman Gosar has posted a fact sheet for H.R. 4924 on his website which can be found HERE.
· Today The House Passed Arizona Congressman Paul Gosar’s Amendment to the Secret Science Reform Act of 2014, requiring the Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) to make all scientific and technical information relied upon for rulemaking available online, successfully passed the House by unanimous consent. Gosar said, “For far too long, the EPA has used secret studies and so-called peer-reviews from biased sources to justify regulations that fit their job-killing agenda. Not only does this practice result in a lack of transparency, it also leads to hundreds of thousands of jobs being destroyed across the country by unreasonable and unnecessary regulations. Additionally, hardworking taxpayers are left to pick up the tab for these expensive, and often worthless, regulations. The best way to reign in this rogue agency is to make them publish the science supporting their regulations online. Furthermore, I strongly support the Secret Science Reform Act of 2014, and I’d like to congratulate my good friend and fellow Arizonan David Schweikert (AZ-06) on passage of this commonsense legislation.”
· Background: The Congressional Budget Office determined that Congressman Gosar’s amendment would not score and would not affect direct spending or revenues. Congressman Gosar’s amendment is supported by the Chairman of the Science, Space and Technology Committee, Congressman Lamar Smith (TX-21).The Secret Science Reform Act would require the Environmental Protection Agency to utilize actual science when formulating regulations and requires that the science be made available for peer-review and reproduction. The text of the Gosar amendment can be found HERE. The Congressional Research Service estimates the Obama Administration has already squandered $77 billion from FY2008 through FY2013 studying and trying to develop global climate change policies. If the EPA is implementing regulations that cost our economy billions of dollars every year, at minimum, the science used to justify these regulations should be based on actual science that is made available online in order to allow independent analysis and reproduction.
· Congressman David Schweikert’s Secret Science Bill Passes the House today. Schweikert Chairman of the House Science, Space, and Technology Subcommittee on the Environment statement following the passage of H.R. 4012, The Secret Science Reform Act Wednesday. The legislation prohibits the Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) from proposing regulations based upon science that is not transparent or not reproducible. “The Secret Science Reform Act rules 'secret science' a condition of the past, said Chairman Schweikert. Public policy should come from public data. For far too long, the EPA has approved regulations that have placed a crippling financial burden on economic growth in this country without public evidence to justify their actions, all the while keeping science in the shadows.This common-sense legislation forces the EPA to be accountable with their findings and brings transparency to the forefront of the regulatory process. The Secret Science Reform Act brings science out of the shadows.”
· Thayer Verschoor, President Of The Arizona Republican Assembly, Will Be A Guest At 12:30 Pm, Fri., Nov 21 on Douglas Wolf’s ‘Pinal Power Players.’ Verschoor will explain The Planned Role Of The Group In Vetting Candidates And Publishing A Legislative Scorecard during the session. KQCKRADIO.COM Audio And HD Video.
· Sen John McCain and Tim Kaine (D-VA) will lead the U.S. Congressional delegation to the Sixth Annual Halifax International Security Forum this coming weekend in Halifax, Nova Scotia. McCain, Kaine, and the U.S. delegation will hold a press conference at 1:25 p.m. AST on Sat, Nov 22 at the Westin Nova Scotian Hotel. The Senators will also participate in Halifax Forum panel discussions. McCain will participate in the noon panel discussion “O Say, Can’t you see? The Indispensable Role of the Exceptional Superpower. ” livestream www.halifaxtheforum.org
LD16 Has Scheduled Election Of Officers and state committeemen nominees at 7 pm, Nov 20 at the Liberty Arts Academy, 3015 S. Power Rd, Mesa, AZ 85212. Contact: Cor Sec Kay Reardon 602-882-6507 firstname.lastname@example.org
· LD13 Chairman Bob Branch opted not to run for re-election this fall due to his heavy teaching load and serving on the Maricopa County Park Board. Not to worry, you’ll be hearing more from Branch on the political front in a couple of years.
· The Waste Management Phoenix Open offers volunteer opportunity for the MCRC's members to do community service and help earn scholarship funds for local college women --- work a shift and get a free passes to the Open. Lynn Weaver recommends the project to MCRC members, noting that her sorority alum group has been involved in for years and has gotten a lot of scholarship money for local college women in need of financial assistance. Contact: Weaver at LynneWeaver@cox.net602-953-1590 home/ office 602-738-4523 cell/ text or register at www.phxpanhellenicprojects.com or www.PhoenixOpenVolunteers.com
· The Surprise Tea Party Patriots will meet at 6:30 pm, Tues, Dec 2 from 6:30 - at the Sun City West Foundation Plaza, 14465 W. R H Johnson Blvd. Terry Rapp's presentation, "How Much Truth Are You Willing to Accept?", will focus on Common Law Grand Jury. Rapp has been MCRC LD 27 Chairman for three years. He is a member of the National Liberty Alliance and was selected State Coordinator of the Arizona Common Law Grand Jury. Contact: www.surpriseteapartypatriots.com
· Has Former MCRC EGC Chairman Lyle Tuttle faded into the sunset? Hardly, he’s golfing on a regular basis … even went horseback riding the other day. Never mind he was barely able to get around the golf courses the morning after the horseback ride!
· Congressman Paul Gosar will make an appearance at the Legion Hall in Wickenburg at 4 pm., Nov 24… before he makes a 7 pm presentation to the Wickenburg Republican Club in the Life Line Ambulance Building, 1155 N Tegner.
· The Annual ‘PC Day At The Capitol’ is scheduled for Jan 15, according to the announcement Chris Campbell made to the LDl13 PCs last night in Goodyear. He urges PCs to RVSP to www.pcday.eventbrite.com for lunch reservations. The schedule:
o 9 am-11:03 am - Meet with your legislators
o 11:30 -1 pm – Rally and lunch in the Rose Garden (W of House Bldg)
o 1 pm – House Gallery – Introduced by the Speaker
o 1:30 pm - Senate Gallery – Introduced by the President
o 1 pm – group meetings with legislators
o All day – Sign up on ALIS request to speak – House/Senate lobbys.
· LD16 meets the 3rd Thursday (Nov 20) of the month at the Liberty Arts Academy, 3015 S. Power Rd, Mesa, AZ 85212. Contact: Cor Sec Kay Reardon 602-882-6507 email@example.com
· Nov 4 General Election results: http://recorder.maricopa.gov/electionresults/
· The 2015 Maricopa County Republican Statutory Meeting is scheduled Jan. 10 at the Grace Community Church in Tempe. Details will be announced as Dan Grimm’s committees move forward in planning the event.
· The Coconino County Republican Committee Statutory Meeting will be held at 9:30 am., Dec 20 at the Double Tree Hotel by Hilton. Contact: Chr Joy Iris Staveley firstname.lastname@example.org 928-606-1131 coconinorepublicans.org
· The Yavapai County Republican Statutory/Organizational Meeting is scheduled for Sat., Jan . 10, 2015. Call YavGOP headquarters (928) 776-4500 if interested.
· To Check On How Your US And State Elected Officials Have Voted on issues of concern to you go to: http://votesmart.org/issues
· AzCDL Has Scheduled Gun Shows in NW Arizona.
o Kingman November 22-23
o Bullhead City Dec 6-7.
Volunteer for the Bullhead City show should contact Mark Spencer (520) 234- 7204. Volunteer workers for the Kingman show should contact Dave Richardson at email@example.com
· Organization Meetings:
o LD16 -3rd Thurs (Nov 20) at the Liberty Arts Academy, 3015 S. Power Rd, Mesa, AZ 85212. Contact: Cor Sec Kay Reardon 602-882-6507 firstname.lastname@example.org
o LD23 7 pm, Thurs., Nov 20 at The Learning Center, 16000 E Palisades Blvd, Fountain Hills, AZ. Credentials open at 6 pm. They will close at 7 pm. At 7:15 pm, credentials will reopen for 10 minutes. All PCs in LD23 who wish to participate in the meeting must be through the credentials by 7:30 in order to get a ballot to vote.
LD24 Thurs, Nov 20. Paul Smith Chr nominating committee. LD24 Chr Brian Kaufman 480 321 6947. email@example.com
o LD26 - 7 pm, Nov 25. Doors open at 6:30 pm, meeting at 7pm. Location currently TBD. Contact: LD26 Secretary Chris Gidney firstname.lastname@example.org 602-432-5438.
o LD28 7 pm, Mon, Dec 1 at Madison School District Office, 5601 N. 16th St, Phx. Chr Scott O’Connor Scott@pvhacienda.com (602) 469-3850.
· Call The White House (202) 456-1111 and your Senators or Representatives. Let them know how you feel. Hold their feet to the fire. They wanted these positions so badly, hold them accountable.
· ATTN: Candidates/LD leaders/Group Chairman: If you have sent events or announcements to Briefs that have not been posted (except endorsements) or that I have not responded to, please resend them. Messages can be sent to email@example.com firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com If I do not respond with “thx” within 24 hours, please resend – using one or all of the above e-dressses. I’d rather get duplications than not receive your e-mails.
CALENDAR OF EVENTS
· LD23 Will Meet Nov 20 in the Fountain Hills Learning Center. Sign in begins at 6 pm. This meeting is on the 3rd Thursday. Election of District Officers.
The LD24 Organization Meeting will be Thursday, November 20. Paul Smith is chairing the nominating committee. Brian Kaufman 480 321 6947 firstname.lastname@example.org
· The Chino Valley Pachyderm will meet at 6 pm, Nov 20 at the Bonn Fire Restaurant, 1667 S. State Route 89, Chino Valley. RSVP: Sue Goodchild at (928) 636-7355 or email@example.com Limited Seating, Order from menu.
· The Cobre Valley Republican Club will meet at 9:30 am, Thurs., Nov 20 at Republican Headquarters, 424 N. Broad Street in Globe, according to President Judy Alexander. They will be discussing the election outcome, planning a Christmas Potluck And Future Fundraisers. Coffee and goodies. Contact: Chr Cobrevalleyrc@Gmail.Com or 928-701-2195.
The Colorado River Tea Party - Yuma will meet at 6 pm, Thurs., Nov 20 at the Community Christian Church, 6480 E. Hwy 95. (last building behind church). www.coloradoriverteaparty.org
· The Great American Smoke-Out and E Cigarettes is the topic of the Family Health Talk Show at 10 am, Thurs., Nov 20 on Radio Station – KXXT 1010 AM Online – www.familyvaluesradio1010.com (Click left side of menu) Call-in: 602.977-1010. Guests include Wayne Tormala, Benjamin Palmer, Dr. Tursha’ Hamilton, Dr. Adriana Perez, Lois Owens. Sec or State Election Michele Reagan and SWPCF Exec Dir Fred Taylor.
The AZ Republican Lawyers Assn will meet at 11:45 am, Fri., Nov 21 to hear Congressman David Schweikert at Polsinelli, One East Washington #1200, Phx. $20 per member. $35 for non-members (payment at the door. RSVP firstname.lastname@example.org
· The Fountain Hills Noon Kiwanis Club is holding its final blood drive of the year from 9am-2 pm, Nov 21 at the Fountain Hills Community Center. RSVP: Dr. Liz Smith at 480-206-4785 email email@example.com or Paul Appeldorn at 480-836-8213 email firstname.lastname@example.org They take walk-ins, however, they prefer you schedule a specific time so as to avoid delays.
· The AZ East Valley Pro-Life Alliance’s ‘Fall for Life’ Wine-tasting & Silent Auction Fundraiser is scheduled between 7-9 pm, Sat., Nov 22 at the Red Mountain Ranch Country Club, 6425 E. Teton, Mesa. Special guests Rev Thomas J Olmsted, Sheriff Joe and Ava Arpaio, featuring Debbie Georgianni as Mistress of Ceremonies. $50 donations pp. Cocktail attire. To Donate silent auction Items call 480-201-7198. Register www.evprolifealliance.org or call 480-216-7217.
· The Arizona Game and Fish Department is hosting a Wildlife Education Resource Fair in conjunction with its annual Adobe Mountain Wildlife Center Open House from 10 am – 3 pm, Nov 22 and 23.
· Obama, The Lawless President Is About To Illegally Grant Amnesty To 5 Million Illegals Obama's Proposed Executive Action Is The Act Of A Desperate And Now Dangerously Out Of Control President, Apparently Unfettered By The American Constitution, That At One Time, Obama Swore To Uphold
· Newsletters Highlighted in the Nov 2014 issue is the attack on our fundamental liberties via gun owner registration disguised as “universal background checks.”
· Money Talks: How The I-594 Gun Control Initiative Passed In Washington State It seems also that use of deceptive ads swayed the majority of people who do not understand the law, making them think it was a good thing, despite opposition from law enforcement.
· Marijuana-Cards-Gun-Ownership In NV the marijuana and background petition were being offered for signature at same time. Marijuana advocates were signing away their gun rights when the signed the background check petition, because they are prohibited possessors.
· Gun-Background-Checks-Nevada-Is-Next-Target-State The passage of Initiative 594 has led a national gun safety group, founded by ex-New York Mayor Michael Bloomberg, to set its sights on other states.
JUDGE JEANINE PIRRO
· Muslim Imam Insulted Christians And Jews At National Cathedral
· Obamacare. Real Or A Hoax Perpetrated On The “Stupid” American Voters? Did The President Of The United States Intentionally Distort, Mislead And Lie To The American People To Pass A Healthcare Bill To Ensure His Legacy Regardless Of The Damage It Would Do In The End?
COMMON CORE/AGENDA 21
· Obama, The Lawless President Is About To Illegally Grant Amnesty To 5 Million Illegals Obama's proposed executive action is the act of a desperate and now dangerously out of control president, apparently unfettered by the American Constitution, that at one time, Obama swore to uphold