- ► February (20)
- ► January (31)
- ► December (29)
- ► November (30)
- ► October (31)
- ► September (32)
- ► August (31)
- ► July (31)
- ► June (30)
- ► May (30)
- ► April (30)
- ► March (31)
- ► February (28)
- ► January (31)
- ► December (30)
- ► November (29)
- ► October (31)
- ► September (29)
- ► August (32)
- ► July (25)
- ► June (21)
- ► May (31)
- ► April (30)
- ► March (30)
- ► February (29)
- ► January (31)
- ► December (28)
- ▼ November (30)
- ► October (32)
- ► September (29)
- ► August (32)
- ► July (31)
- ► June (27)
- ► May (31)
- ► April (36)
- ► March (42)
- ► February (35)
- ► January (34)
- ► December (39)
- ► November (35)
- ► October (42)
- ► September (37)
- ► August (35)
- ► July (37)
- ► June (37)
- ► May (21)
- ► April (33)
- ► March (39)
- ► February (36)
- ► January (38)
- ► December (39)
- ► November (32)
- ► October (37)
- ► September (39)
- ► August (42)
Briefs Editor Frosty Taylor firstname.lastname@example.org
Web Master John Strasser
November 24, 2014
· There Are Continued Reports Of Political Signs still standing on corners, or laying on the ground. It has been suggested the PCs canvass their neighborhoods and contact their owners to pick them up. They are becoming unsightly.
· Congressman Paul Gosar and his Outreach Coordinator Stephen Briggs were very well received by the Wickenburg Republican Club this evening. More of that tomorrow.
· Former Longtime Prescott Politician And Secretary Of State Ken Bennett’s unanimous election as chairman of Maricopa County LD24 is reportedly the first time a state official has been elected chair of an LD. Yes, Bennett has had living quarters in the Valley for some time.
· McCain’s Revenge? Conservative PCs targeted
· Former Pinal County Chairman Steve Kohut: How is it possible that 2014’s electoral red tsunami dried up and vanished when it hit Arizona? How is it possible that grassroots candidate for AZ State Superintendent for Public Instruction Diane Douglas had to win in a nail biter? How is it possible that we did not gain a single seat in either the AZ House or Senate? The answer to how is simple - an abject failure in focus and leadership by our state party chairman Robert Graham. The only answer to failed leadership is replacement. It is time for a change.
· LD13 PCs Dennis and Karen Brogdon have returned from the frigid Midwest where they visited family and Dennis did some pheasant hunting. LD13’s outgoing Chairman Robert Branch praised Karen highly last week for her services as the outgoing LD13 treasurer. He noted she is quick to jump in and help out whenever and where ever needed. She has worked the credentials tables for county/state mandatory meetings for a long time. Now that Dennis has retired, they’ll be spending a lot of time in Prescott. Maricopa County’s loss is definitely Yavapai County’s gain.
· Gotta Hand It To Gila County Chairman Gary Morris. He’s making that county shine. No wonder the retired Phoenix fire fighter was unanimously re-elected as the county chair. Congrats Gary.
· One of the AZGOP’s best kept secrets. First Vice Chair Parralee Schneider was elected a Pima County’s LD10’s Representative. Congrats to Parralee. She’s a neat lady.
· Former LD13 First Vice-Chair Frosty Taylor was surprised and pleased when immediate past chairman Bob Branch presented her with a dozen roses for being his right hand helper for the past two years. Thank you Bob, you were a pleasure and delight to work with. I expect great things from you in the future.
· PCs Joanie and O C Mangold are back from their summer digs in Minnesota.
· Gary and Connie Mead are back from spending the summer in the Midwest with relatives. Cold and rainy, they spend most of the summer bundled up in sweatshirts and are happy to be back in sunny Arizona.
· The Town of Fountain Hills Thanksgiving Day Parade will include the Fountain Hills Republican Club entry and many politicians, elected officials and notable Republicans. A 40 foot Battleship USS Arizona BB 39 float will be a part of VFW Post 7507's entry which leads the parade. After the parade the USS Arizona float will be available for viewing at American Legion Post 7507.
· The Newly Elected Chairman For LD19 is George Ortiz., Sr.
· The Fountain Hills Republican Club Social starts at 6 pm, Tues., Nov 25 at Phil’s Filling Station.
· The Paradise Republican Women’s Christmas Party Committee is looking for raffle items by Dec 7. Contact Shirley Cordasco at email@example.com
· State Rep Elect Jay Lawrence will be the speaker for the East Valley Young Marines graduation ceremony at 6 pm, Tues., Nov 25 at the East Mesa Trinity Baptist Church, 2130 E. University Drive, Mesa.
· Attention LD Chairmen. The deadline to submit memorials for the January 2015 Maricopa County Republican Committee’s Statutory Meeting is Sat, Dec 12. The MCRC wants to recognize and remember fellow Precinct Committeeman who passed away this past year. Please keep the memorials to 250 words and include a photo. The memorials will be printed and put into each Precinct Committeeman’s packet for the Statutory Meeting. E-mail memorials to LD12 Chairman Mickie Niland at firstname.lastname@example.org.
· To All MCRC Precinct Committeemen Interested In Running For A MCRC Executive Office: Chairman, 1st Vice Chairman, 2nd Vice Chairman, Secretary or Treasurer. In accordance with the 2014 MCRC Continuing Bylaws, you must send a "Letter of Intent" by 5 pm, Dec 6, via e-mail to Chairman LaFaro at email@example.com Even if you're possibly running as a member of a slate, you must e-mail your "Letter of Intent" separately. - - A. J. LaFaro, Chairman, Maricopa County Republican Committee (MCRC)
· Chairman Of Maricopa County GOP Files Motion To Dismiss Retaliatory Lawsuit -- Dennis I Wilenchik, attorney for AJ La Faro, Chairman of the Maricopa County Republication Party, filed a Motion to Dismiss the lawsuit that was filed against him for actions he took to protect the integrity of the early balloting process in the General Election in November. The Motion to Dismiss has to assume the truth of the allegations, but argues it still fails to state a claim for relief based on that assumption as a matter of law. La Faro seeks attorneys’ fees against the Citizens for a Better Arizona for filing the lawsuit without substantial justification and for the purpose of retaliation. See full story in 11-22-14 Briefs at http://archives.mcrcbriefs.org/
· Outraged-Americans-Melt-Phones-On-Capitol-Hill GOP's Sessions: Obama's amnesty 'worse than you think' : “I don’t think the American people are mad at immigrants. They fully understand that immigrants would like to come to America. They’re mad at their government and their politicians. That’s what the anger is about, because we refuse to do the right thing,” Sessions said in remarks made at the Heritage Foundation in Washington.
AZ Senator John McCain -(202) 224-2235.
AZ Senator Jeff Flake (202) 224-4521.
Speaker of the House John Boehner-(202) 225-6205.
Senate Minority Leader Mitch McConnell-(202) 224-2541.
AZ CD4 Congressman Paul Gosar 202-225-2315.
AZ CD5 Congressman Matt Salmon (202) 225-2635.
AZ Governor Jan Brewer 602) 542-4331.
AZ Governor-Elect Doug Ducey's Arizona Government Transition Committee (602) 753-8118.
To reach your Arizona Representatives, click here.
· Congressman Paul Gosar released this statement after spearheading a letter to President Barack Obama, signed by 20 of his Congressional colleagues, calling on the president to rescind the recent U.S.-China joint announcement on climate change. “The president’s continued efforts to unilaterally mandate his far left environmentalist ideology have taken a turn for the ridiculous. The international community is laughing at the United States for believing that China, one of the world’s largest global economic powers, currently building one coal-burning energy plant almost every month, would actually adhere to a climate change agreement that would harm their growing economy. This non-binding agreement would destroy thousands of U.S. jobs, increase electricity rates for American families and U.S. manufacturers and cause more American jobs to be displaced overseas. Asking our major economic competitor to merely consider making a commitment to cap carbon emissions at a point some 16 years in the future, while making major U.S. concessions that will do little to nothing to reduce global carbon emissions, will have disastrous repercussions for America. This deal does not help our planet, cripples our economy and supports China’s efforts to overtake the U.S. as the world’s leading economic superpower. This substantially flawed and lopsided agreement should be immediately rescinded.”
Background: This unbalanced agreement allows China to increase their greenhouse gas emissions without restrictions until 2030. At that point, China is supposed to consider capping their greenhouse gas emission levels and consider making other minor concessions. In exchange, President Obama, without the consent of the U.S. Senate, agreed that the United States will reduce carbon-dioxide emissions by at least 26 percent by 2025 from 2005 levels.
The Congressional Research Service estimates that the Obama Administration has spent $77 billion from FY2008 through FY2013 studying and trying to develop global climate change policies. The full text of Congressman Gosar’s letter to President Obama can be found HERE.
· Congressman Trent Franks A Ranking Republican Member of the House Armed Services Committee and the Chairman of the Congressional Israel Allies Caucus, released this statement in light of today’s announcement that negotiations over Iran’s nuclear program would be extended another seven months in light of a failure to reach a deal before the November 24th deadline: "It was recently revealed that Iran has been defying its interim agreement with the Obama Administration, continuing to feed uranium into the IR-5, the most technologically advanced centrifuge currently available. Iran, when caught, promised not to do it again. Mr. Obama deemed that promise satisfactory. And now, this President's entire plan rests on his assumption that the same Iran that, just weeks ago, was caught breaking its promises, won't do so anymore. That the world's largest state sponsor of terrorism, which has repeatedly provided resources and weapons to kill Americans, has suddenly lost its ideologically driven thirst for blood. That the same Iran that possesses 19,000 centrifuges, an intercontinental ballistic missile program, and at least 17 different nuclear facilities -- some of which remained secret until they were essentially operational -- no longer harbors such secrets. This President is not only naively making these assumptions -- he is betting American lives on them. Yet Americans have been given no reason to trust the judgment of a President who has demonstrated a Midas-like ability to turn any foreign policy crisis he touches into tragedy and unmitigated failure. Unfortunately, he is providing Iran the one remaining resource it needs: additional time to complete the nuclear program with which it aims to threaten peace and security of the entire world."
· Senators John McCain and Jeff Flake today sent a letter to Davis-Monthan Air Force Base (DMAFB) to express agreement with the Air Force’s Total Force Training Environmental Assessment, which concluded that the any increase in annual training flights at the base would have no significant impact on the quality of the surrounding environment. “We strongly agree with the Air Force’s assessment that an increase in training flights at Davis-Monthan Air Force Base would have no negative impact on the quality of the surrounding Tucson community,” said McCain and Flake. “At a time when our nation faces growing threats around the world, it is critically important that we maintain a strong national defense by providing our active, reserve, and guard units at DMAFB with ample opportunity to train and prepare for combat. We thank the Air Force for its efforts to prepare our troops through the Total Force Training mission, and for its commitment to the airmen stationed at this vital base.”
· Americans for Prosperity Foundation – Arizona is hosting a Dec 10 cocktail and hors d’oeuvres reception from 6-8 pm at the Scottsdale Plaza Resort, 7200 N. Scottsdale Road to honor volunteers and allied elected officials for their hard work on free-market issues. The 2014 John W. Dawson "Local Hero" Award will be presented to local government officials believed to have done did the most to educate citizens about limited government policies. Register Now! Contact:Tom Jenney Arizona Director www.aztaxpayers.org firstname.lastname@example.org (602) 478-0146.
· The Annual ‘PC Day At The Capitol’ is scheduled for Jan 15, according to the announcement Chris Campbell made to the LDl3 PCs last week in Goodyear. He urges PCs to RVSP to www.pcday.eventbrite.com for lunch reservations. The schedule:
o 9 am-11:03 am - Meet with your legislators
o 11:30 -1 pm – Rally and lunch in the Rose Garden (W of House Bldg)
o 1 pm – House Gallery – Introduced by the Speaker
o 1:30 pm - Senate Gallery – Introduced by the President
o 1 pm – group meetings with legislators
o All day – Sign up on ALIS request to speak – House/Senate lobbys.
· ATTN LD Chairman: As you elect new officers and state committeemen, please forward the list of new officers/state committeemen to MCRC Communications Chairman Frosty Taylor at email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org so we can update communications records.
CALENDAR OF EVENTS
· The LD26 Precinct Committee’s Reorganization Meeting is slated for Nov 25. Doors open at 6:30 pm and meeting starts at 7pm. Location currently TBD. Contact: LD26 Secretary Chris Gidney email@example.com 602-432-5438.
· The Fountain Hills Republican Club Social is scheduled At 6 Pm., Tues., Nov 25 at Phil's Filling Station, 16852 E. Parkview Ave.
· The Pima County Republican Club Luncheon will be held at 11:30 am, Tues., Nov 25 at the Sabbar Shrine Temple, 450 S. Tucson Blvd – Lunch $11. Chairman of Rio Nuevo Board Chairman Fletcher McCusker is the speaker.
· Pima GOP Headquarters will close at 1 pm, Wed., Nov 26 and re-open Mon, Dec 1.
November 27 – Thanksgiving
The Colorado River Tea Party-Yuma will not meet on Thurs., Nov 27 (Thanksgiving). www.coloradoriverteaparty.org
· The Fountain Hills Republican Club (FHRC) will participate in the Fountain Hills Thanksgiving Day Parade with four vehicles starting at 9 am, at the corner of El Lago and Saguaro Blvds. Among the participants in the FHRC vehicles will be AZ GOP Chair Robert Graham; Arizona American African Republican Coalition President Rev Clyde Bowen; Arizona Latino Republican Association Reymundo Torres; and Fountain Hills School Board member, FHRC Board Member and well known Republican Dr. C.T, Wright. The parade is reportedly the largest Thanksgiving Day parade west of the Mississippi and the only one in AZ. The Parade starts 9 a.m. at the corner of El Lago and Saguaro, travels north on Saguaro to Palisades, then west on Palisades to La Montana and then south towards Avenue of the Fountains.
· Multiple GOP Politicians/Elected Officials will be participating in the Fountain Hills Thanksgiving Day Parade. Among the notable entries are Congressman David Schweikert, Secretary of State-elect Michele Reagan, State Senator-elect John Kavanagh, LD23 Rep Michelle Ugenti; LD23 Rep Elect Jay Lawrence, Sheriff Joe Arpaio, Judge Micheal Reagan and Fountain Hills Major Linda Kavanagh.
· Fountain Hills VFW Post 7507 will be the lead unit in the Fountain Hills Thanksgiving Day Parade sponsored by the Fountain Hills Chamber of Commerce. The VFW Color Guard will start off the parade and be followed by VFW members in convertibles provided by the Arizona Classic Thunderbird Club and then followed by a 40 foot Battleship USS Arizona BB-39 float escorted by a unit of the Young Marines. After the parade, the USS Arizona BB39 float will be on static display at American Legion Post 58 or Parkview Ave.
· A Missouri Grand Jury Has Decided Not To Indict Ferguson Police Officer Darren Wilson .
· AFA Challenges AZGOP Chairman Robert Graham's Directive Posted by Arizona Freedom Alliance on Nov 22. If you are a precinct committeeman ...
· AZ Border Defenders Updated Daily
· Need2NoBorder News Watch
DOJ /ERIC HOLDER
JUDGE ANDREW NAPOLITANO
WAR ON WOMEN
COMMON CORE/AGENDA 21
DEPT OF HOMELAND SECURITY
SECRETARY OF STATE