- ► February (20)
- ► January (31)
- ► December (29)
- ► November (30)
- ► October (31)
- ► September (32)
- ► August (31)
- ► July (31)
- ► June (30)
- ► May (30)
- ► April (30)
- ► March (31)
- ► February (28)
- ► January (31)
- ► December (30)
- ► November (29)
- ► October (31)
- ► September (29)
- ► August (32)
- ► July (25)
- ► June (21)
- ► May (31)
- ► April (30)
- ► March (30)
- ► February (29)
- ► January (31)
- ▼ December (28)
- ► November (30)
- ► October (32)
- ► September (29)
- ► August (32)
- ► July (31)
- ► June (27)
- ► May (31)
- ► April (36)
- ► March (42)
- ► February (35)
- ► January (34)
- ► December (39)
- ► November (35)
- ► October (42)
- ► September (37)
- ► August (35)
- ► July (37)
- ► June (37)
- ► May (21)
- ► April (33)
- ► March (39)
- ► February (36)
- ► January (38)
- ► December (39)
- ► November (32)
- ► October (37)
- ► September (39)
- ► August (42)
Briefs Editor Frosty Taylor firstname.lastname@example.org
Web Master John Strasser
December 14, 2014
· Gov Jan Brewer Has Ordered That Flags At All State Office Buildings be lowered to half-staff from sunrise until sunset Mon, Dec 15, in honor of United States Army Specialist Wyatt J. Martin, 22, of Mesa, Ariz. The governor has ordered that flags also be lowered on the day of his interment, for which services are pending. Specialist Martin died Fri, Dec 12, in Parwan Province, Afghanistan, in support of Operation Enduring Freedom. According to initial reports, Specialist Martin died of injuries sustained when an improvised explosive device detonated near his vehicle. He was assigned to A Company, 3rd Engineer Battalion, 1st Cavalry Division, Fort Hood, Texas. “Please join me in offering a prayer for Specialist Martin, for his loved ones, and for all the men and women who have risked and given their lives to preserve and protect freedom throughout the world,” said Brewer. Individuals, businesses and other organizations are encouraged to participate in this tribute.
· The Annual ‘PC Day At The Capitol’ is scheduled for Jan 15, according to the MCRC Chairman A J LaFaro. He urges PCs to RVSP to www.pcday.eventbrite.com for lunch reservations. The schedule:
o 9 am-11:03 am - Meet with your legislators
o 11:30 -1 pm – Rally and lunch in the Rose Garden (W of House Bldg) Reservations/tickets required. www.pcday.eventbrite.com Tickets: http://www.eventbrite.com/e/pc-day-at-the-capitol-tickets-10071328615
o 1 pm – House Gallery – Introduced by the Speaker
o 1:30 pm - Senate Gallery – Introduced by the President
o 2 pm – group meetings with legislators
o All day – Sign up on ALIS request to speak – House/Senate lobbies.
Co-sponsored by the Maricopa County Republican Committee and the Arizona Republican Assembly. Activities: See AzRA2014@zoho.com
· Reports Are Surfacing About A Survey That Asks who precinct committeemen favor among the candidates for the Maricopa County Republican Committee Chairmanship, the Arizona State GOP Chairmanship, and whether individuals support a Sen. John McCain run for a sixth term. Recipients say the caller refuses to say who is paying for this survey, which set PCs to questioning rather ‘dark money’ is busy at work again in Arizona??
· Have You Taken A Good Look At The Photos Of Michelle Obama’s School Lunches that students are circulating? Tis little wonder the kids are rejecting the lunches.
· The American Freedom Alliance (AFA) Is Waiting For Answers to an open letter written to AZGOP Chairman Robert Graham last week questioning why AZGOP Robert Graham is using the AZGOP e-mail list to promote his re-election campaign/distribute endorsements. AFA said using the AZGOP email account is in violation of Article II Section 2(10) of the MCRC bylaws which reads: The PC shall provide the district, county, and state party offices with an email address, if they have one. District, county and state party offices may not allow email addresses to be used for any purpose other than internal party communications and shall not distribute an email address to anyone, including other PCs without the express consent of the affected precinct committeeman. AFA emphasized “LDs statewide provided email addresses of their PCs to the AZGOP office trusting they would be used only for AZGOP business.” See complete letter, including 14 other questions at open letter to robert graham
· Gabby Saucedo-Mercer, she is still singing the praises of Andy Costanzo, who worked day and night on her CD3 campaign. Who knows, maybe a third run will do the trick – with or without the backing/support of the National Republican Congressional Committee (NRCC). As you recall, NRCC wouldn’t back her when she didn’t have $150,000 in her campaign coffers… but they poured funding into CD1 candidate Andy Tobin, CD2 Martha McSally and at the last minute CD9 candidate Wendy Rogers (Tobin and Rogers lost their races to Dems). Now NRCC is constantly sending messages begging for money to help pay for the McSally recount on that nail bitter race. Hmmmm. Do you think the hierarchy should consider checking with local grassroots Republicans - you know those folks in trenches - when deciding who they will help???
· Dec 31 Is The Deadline To Register For The Arizona Federation Of Republican Women’s April 17-19, 2015 trip to the Ronald Reagan Presidential Tour in Simi Valley, California. For information contact Reagan Presidential Library Trip Coordinator Susan Kay Schultz at DetailsHM@cox.net or 480-945 1490. All reservations and monies will again flow through AZ Trails Travel | Roxanne and Hank Boryczki, 16650 E. Palisades Blvd. #106, Fountain Hills, AZ 85268. Roxanne@ArizonaTrails.com www.aztrailstravel.com 480- 837-8665
· New Pima County Republican officers - elected Dec 13 - Statutory mtg:
o Chairman – Bill Beard
o First Vice-Chair – Yale Wishnick
o Second Vice-Chair – Ralph Kayser
o Third Vice-Chair – Daniel Estrella
o Fourth Vice-Chair – William Wildish
o Secretary – Mary Preble
o Treasurer – Treasurer
o Members-at-Large - Caleb Rhodes, Kuuleme Stephens, Mary Jane Essenmacher, Steve Fuentes and Todd Clodfelter
· This Is The Third Of Five Proposed Resolutions that will be presented to the Maricopa County Republican Precinct Committeemen at the Jan, 10, 2015 Mandatory meeting scheduled in Phoenix, according to Resolutions Chairman Tyler Bowyer email@example.com
A Resolution in Support of
PROTECTING ARIZONANS’ PRIVACY
Submitted by Matt Papke, Hudson Precinct
WHEREAS, the 4th Amendment of the Bill of Rights within the United States
Constitution, the SUPREME law of the land, reads, “The right of the people to be secure in their persons, houses, papers, and effects, against unreasonable searches and seizures, shall not be violated, and no Warrants shall issue, but upon probable cause, supported by Oath or affirmation, and particularly describing the place to be searched, and the persons or things to be seized;” be it therefore
RESOLVED, We the Maricopa County Republican Precinct Committeemen do hereby reaffirm our oaths to our constituents to promote the proper role of constitutional government by defending the 4th Amendment without compromise. Furthermore we recognize that the right to privacy is one of the founding principals of our Country and will work to defend the constitutionally protected privacy of all Americans and call upon our elected leaders to act in kind; be it further
RESOLVED that Precinct Committeemen call upon all elected officials to uphold the 4th Amendment and pass language reflecting the 4th Amendment Protection Act SB 1156 (2013) which states that the State of Arizona shall not: use any assets, State monies or monies allocated by the State to local entities, in whole or in part, to engage in any activity that aids a federal agency, a federal agent or corporation providing services to the federal government in the collection of electronic data or metadata of any person
pursuant to any action that is not based on a warrant that particularly describes the person, place and thing to be searched or seized. See:
ü A Resolution in Support of AGRICULTURAL FREEDOM IN ARIZONA at http://archives.mcrcbriefs.org/2014/12/12-13-14-mcrc-briefs.html
ü A Resolution in Support of CLOSED REPUBLICAN PRIMARIES IN ARIZONA http://archives.mcrcbriefs.org/2014/12/12-10-14-mcrc-briefs.html
CALENDAR OF EVENTS.
· "The Joe Show" is to air AT 5 PM (EST) on December 14th on the cable TV network, "Investigation Discovery." The 104 minute show on Sheriff Joe Arpaio is cut to 90 minutes for the broadcast. The DVD and digital is scheduled for release on Dec 16 in full length. investigationdiscovery.com
· LD22 PC and Peoria City Councilman Ben Toma will host the LD22 Christmas Party at 7 pm, Mon., Dec 15 at 8707 W. Buckhorn Trail, Peoria AZ 85383 MAP . Chairman Eric Morgan asked that participants bring a small finger food/dessert dish. The district provides beverages. A few volunteers are needed to help with set up or take down – contact Morgan firstname.lastname@example.org
Bruce Fein, Attorney And Vocal Opponent Of The NSA Domestic Spying on American citizens, will be speaking at 5:30 pm, Dec 15 at the Arizona State University's downtown campus A.E. England Building at Civic Space Park, Phoenix, AZ. Hosted by KnowledgeWorks and Young Americans for Liberty: Tickets: https://www.eventbrite.com/e/bill-of-rights-day-tickets-14368170585
· The Arizona Project Annual Potluck Christmas Party is scheduled from 6-9 pm, Mon., Dec 15 at Arizona Project Headquarters, 3375 E. Shea Boulevard, 2-B, Phoenix, AZ 85028. Bring a favorite dish plus 1 can of food to help the less fortunate. AP will provide the rest. Music included. Contact: Chr Ron Ludders 602-677-1496.
· The Arizona Republican Lawyers Association will feature Attorney General elect Mark Brnovich at its Mon., Dec 15 lunch. The group meets at 11:45 am at Snell & Wilmre, 400 E Van Buren, Suite 1900, Phx. $20 for members, $35 for non-members. Payment at the door. RSVP to email@example.com
· This Year's Bill Of Rights Day Celebration is scheduled at 5:30 pm, Mon., Dec 15 at the AE England Building at Civic Space Park, 424 N. Central Ave.(W. side of Central, N. of Van Buren) in Phoenix. This is the 15th annual reading and discussion of the health of the US Bill of Rights. General admission $15, Students with ID $10. Password LIBERTY for a 50% discount. Alan Korwin says “I've been orchestrating the Bill of Rights Day gatherings since 1999 ; this year I passed the baton to KnowledgeWorks and Carlos Alfaro. Just look at what they've cooked up.” The event features speaker Special Guest Speaker: Edward Snowden's Attorney Bruce Fein, a constitutional and international law specialist. Limited auditorium seating. Reservations: https://www.eventbrite.com/e/bill-of-rights-day-tickets-14368170585 Limited number of display tables available for organizations. Live music and refreshments will begin at 5:30 p.m. The reading of The U.S. Bill of Rights commences at 6:30 p.m., followed by the balance of the program.
· Phoenix Vice Mayor Jim Waring is hosting a holiday party at 5:30 pm, Tues., Dec 16 at Zipps Sports Grill - 6501 E. Greenway Blvd., Phoenix. Participants are asked to bring pudding and applesauce cups to be donated to Kitchen on the Street for their bags of hope.
The Daisy Mountain Tea Party Patriots Annual "Christmas" Potluck is scheduled from 6-9 pm, Tues., Dec 16 in the Anthem Civic Building, 3701 W. Anthem Way, Anthem, AZ 85086. Bring your favorite dish to share. Santa will be dropping in. Bring food items for the annual donation to the Foothills Food Bank RSVP: Shirley at: firstname.lastname@example.org or Vera at: email@example.com
The Republican Women of Prescott Holiday Vendor Expo and Christmas Luncheon is scheduled at 11:30 am., Tues., Dec 16 at the Prescott Resort, 1500 E. State Rte 69. Gov Janice K. Brewer will install the new officers. $17 each. RSVP: Elsie Tyree at (928) 778-0235 or firstname.lastname@example.org or Pam Calhoon at (928) 778-7157 or email@example.com
The LD26 Christmas Party Features a presentation of “The Miracle of Valley Forge” as told by Constitutional scholar Shane Krauser at 6 pm., Dec 16 the Burke Basic School, 131 E Southern Ave, Mesa, AZ 85210. The Miracle of Valley Forge highlights the harsh winter of 1777 and General George Washington’s Army’s miraculous survival. The event also features a food drive, raffles, music and pot luck. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org or (480) 242-2208
· The Surprise Tea Party Patriots Board Members will have an interactive discussion with its memberships regarding future initiatives starting at 6:30 pm, Tues., Dec 16 in the Grand Canyon Rm at the Sun City West Foundation Plaza, 14465 W R H Johnson Blvd. Sun City West, AZ 85375.
· The Verde Valley Republican Women's Christmas Luncheon is scheduled at 11 am, Wed., Dec 17 at the Sedona Rouge Hotel & Spa, 2250 Hwy 89A, Sedona, AZ 86336. Cost: $20. White Elephant gift exchange (value $10 or less). Also collect canned food items for Sedona Food Bank. Limited seating. RSVP: Erna Sesek (928) 284-4248 or email@example.com
· Palo Verde Republican Women Invite Republican Women to attend their Christmas Holiday Luncheon to meet Governor-elect Doug Ducey at 11:30 am, Dec 17 at Grayhawk Golf Club, Fairway House, 8620 East Thompson Peak Parkway, Scottsdale. Social – 11 am. Holiday surprises, music and raffles. RSVP to Edith Stock at firstname.lastname@example.org, or 480-298-7818.
· The Yavapai County Pachyderm Club meets at 6 pm, Thur., Dec 18 at the Bonn Fire Restaurant, 1667 S. State Route 89, Chino Valley. Limited Seating. Order from menu.RSVP: Sue Goodchild @ (928) 636-7355 or email@example.com
· The Colorado River Tea Party – Yuma will not meet Dec 18, Dec 25 or Jan 1, 2014.
· Congressman David Schweikert is hosting a Christmas celebration open houses from 5-7 pm., Thur., Dec 18. Participants are asked to bring an unwrapped toy to benefit the Scottsdale Healthcare Pediartic Unit at Shea.
· The Coconino County Republican Committee Statutory Meeting will be held at 9:30 am., Dec 20 at the Double Tree Hotel by Hilton. Contact: Chr Joy Iris Staveley firstname.lastname@example.org 928-606-1131 coconinorepublicans.org
· Is Your Voice Being Heard? Message To Precinct Committeemen
· McCain Compares The CIA Techniques To The Spanish Inquisition
· Democrat Wants The CIA To Apologize To The Terrorists
· An Open Letter To AZGOP Chairman Robert Graham This link is open to the public for viewing without signing up for membership
· AZGOP financial reports filed/ AZ Sec of State azsos.gov/cfs/FilerDetail
· FEC filing fec.gov/r/CandidateCommitteeDetail/
· Trey-Gowdy-Says-Will-Press-Benghazi-Investigation Could Mean The End For Obama?
· AZ Border Defenders Updated Daily
· Need2No Border News Watch
· This Black Hawk's Rotor Failed 6,000 Feet Above The Earth, But Somehow The 3 Pilots Survived'the Nature Of The Emergency Required Them To Take Emergency Action Steps'
· Watch This Fighter Pilot Do Midair Stunts Next To A Plane -- With A Jetpack 'To Fly Alone Is Great, But To Fly With Another Guy Is Much Greater'
DOJ /ERIC HOLDER
· 'Tragic Message' Black Pastor: Liberalism Is 'Cancerous And Devastating To The Black Family'
JUDGE JEANINE PIRRO
WAR ON WOMEN
· Former Cia Official: Pelosi Knew About Harsh Interrogation Tactics Jose Rodriguez Said House Democratic Leaders Knew About Harsh Tactics And Did Not Object.
· McCain: Read The Report: “I Urge Everyone To Just Read The Report,”
· What The $1.1 Trillion Spending Bill Contains Here's A Look At Some Of The Key Riders In The Bill.
· Obama-Hatches-Plan-To-Explode-Welfare 'They Actually Try To Pull As Many People Onto The Program As Possible'
SECRETARY OF STATE
· Report From Lima Climate Conference: Secretary Of State John Kerry Tries To Out-Gore Al Gore "If We Don't Lead, Future Generations Will Not Forgive Us."
· Isis-Has-Bizarre-Reason-For-Beheading-Americans 'Supposed To Be Something Which Drives The Enemy Away'