- ► February (24)
- ► January (31)
- ► December (29)
- ► November (30)
- ► October (31)
- ► September (32)
- ► August (31)
- ► July (31)
- ► June (30)
- ► May (30)
- ► April (30)
- ► March (31)
- ► February (28)
- ► January (31)
- ► December (30)
- ► November (29)
- ► October (31)
- ► September (29)
- ► August (32)
- ► July (25)
- ► June (21)
- ► May (31)
- ► April (30)
- ► March (30)
- ► February (29)
- ► January (31)
- ▼ December (28)
- ► November (30)
- ► October (32)
- ► September (29)
- ► August (32)
- ► July (31)
- ► June (27)
- ► May (31)
- ► April (36)
- ► March (42)
- ► February (35)
- ► January (34)
- ► December (39)
- ► November (35)
- ► October (42)
- ► September (37)
- ► August (35)
- ► July (37)
- ► June (37)
- ► May (21)
- ► April (33)
- ► March (39)
- ► February (36)
- ► January (38)
- ► December (39)
- ► November (32)
- ► October (37)
- ► September (39)
- ► August (42)
Briefs Editor Frosty Taylor email@example.com
Web Master John Strasser
December 15, 2014
· Funeral Services For Former Phoenix Mayor John Driggs will be held at 10:30 am., Sat., Dec 20 at the LDS Church, 4225 N. 56th St., Phoenix, AZ 85018. Viewing at 9 am. Reception immediately following at the home of Anne and Fred Christensen. See story on Driggs phoenix-mayor-john-driggs-dies
· Maricopa County Republican Committee (MCRC) and the Arizona Republican Assembly (AZRA) are co-sponsoring the 2015 PC Day at the Capitol. PC Day at the Capitol is a day-long event open to all Arizona Republican Precinct Committeemen and Patriotic Conservatives. In 2012, over 400 people were in atttendance. The goal for 2015 is 800 or more. Schedule of activities:
All Day - Create an account in the ALIS Request to Speak web application system at the kiosks in the Senate and House Lobbies http://apps.azleg.gov/
9am - 11:30am Meet with your Legislators - We encourage Legislative Districts to schedule group meetings with their respective legislators to discuss issues facing the legislative session. It's important to call and get on their schedules as soon as you can.
11:30am – 1 pm Rally & Complimentary Lunch in the Rose Garden. Lunch is complimentary; however, attendees need to go to the Eventbrite website below and make their reservations as soon as possible: www.pcday.eventbrite.com http://www.eventbrite.com/e/pc-day-at-the-capitol-tickets-10071328615 Legislators will address the luncheon assembly.
1 pm - 1:30pm House Gallery
1:30pm – 2 pm Senate Gallery
2 pm - 5pm meet with Legislators or attend Committee Hearings if in session
Who are we? We are Arizonans and Americans - incredibly strong, logically optimistic and eternally hopeful. With everyone's help and support,
we can demonstrate to our Legislators we are actively involved and care about the future of Arizona and our Great Republic. - A. J. LaFaro, Chairman, Maricopa County Republican Committee (MCRC)
· warning-graphic-common-core-approved-child-pornography parent-wants-beloved-banned-from-school-system and “The Bean Trees’ novel-reviews-teaching-the-bean-trees or contact the Gilbert School Board members at:
o Entire board firstname.lastname@example.org
o Staci Burke Staci.Burk@gilbertschools.net
o Daryl Colvin Daryl.Colvin@gilbertschools.net
o Jill Humphrey's Jill.Humpherys@gilbertschools.net
o Julie Smith Julie.Smith@gilbertschools.net
o Lily Tram email@example.com
· The Oro Valley Holiday Parade starts at 9:30 am, Dec 20.
· LD 17 Republican Committee And Co-Host LD's 16, 18, 25, 28 have scheduled a 7 pm, Jan 6 forum for State and Maricopa County GOP candidate at the Tri-City Baptist Church auditorium, 2211 W Germann Road., Chandler AZ 85286 Map Here : Candidates:
o AZGOP Chairman candidates – Robert Graham and Lori Urban
o Maricopa County Republican Chairman Candidates – Tyler Bowyer, Tom Morrissey and Lisa Gray.
o Other candidates – Aaron Borders, Andrew Costanzo, Matt Eberle, Pat Oldroyd, April Riggins an Jeni White.
· Tobin Disappointed: The U.S. Supreme Court opted not to review a decision by the Ninth Circuit Court of Appeals blocking Arizona from enforcing a state law (House Bill 2036 passed in 2012) that restricts the use of abortion-inducing drugs to the Food and Drug Administration’s (FDA) prescribed protocols. “It is disappointing that the Supreme Court will not step in at this time,” said outgoing Speaker Andy Tobin. “The law reduces the medical risk to women using the drug by simply requiring that guidelines already approved by the FDA be followed.” Tobin, however, is still hopeful. Although the state law is subject to an injunction and is not in effect, the law now will have an opportunity to be heard in lower court. “Now Arizona will have the chance to prove its case at trial,” said Speaker Tobin. “I look forward to seeing compelling evidence presented in court of how this law safeguards the health of women, so that it eventually can take effect.” Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
· The House Is Not Expected To Consider Further Legislative Business This Year. The 114th Congress will convene on Tues, Jan 6, 2015. Sen Jeff Flake and John McCain voted ‘No’ on the Fiscal 2015 Omnibus Appropriations - Motion to Concur. CD2 Rep Ron Barber (D- Tucson) voted ‘Yes.’
· Reports Are Surfacing About A Survey that asks who precinct committeemen favor among the candidates for the Maricopa County Republican Committee Chairmanship, the Arizona State GOP Chairmanship, and whether individuals support Sen. John McCain. Recipients say the caller refuses to say who is paying for this survey, which set PCs to questioning rather outside ‘dark money’ is busy at work again in Arizona??
· Senate GOP Leaders Announced Assignments To The Powerful Armed Services Committee in the next Congress, filling the panel with five freshman senators, many with military service. The GOP freshmen joining the panel include Sens.-elect Tom Cotton (Ark.), Joni Ernst (Iowa), Mike Rounds (S.D.), Dan Sullivan (Alaska) and Thom Tillis (N.C.). Cotton, an Army veteran, served in the Iraq and Afghanistan wars. Ernst served in Iraq as a lieutenant colonel with the Iowa National Guard and will be the first female combat veteran in the upper chamber. Sullivan is a Marine Corps veteran. In a widely anticipated choice, Sen. John McCain (R-Ariz.) will head the panel that oversees the Defense Department. McCain, a Vietnam War veteran, will wield the gavel and oversee the Obama administration's military campaign against the Islamic State in Iraq and Syria (ISIS) and Ashton Carter's nomination for Pentagon chief. Democrats on Friday announced that Sen. Jack Reed (R.I.) would become the committee’s ranking member and Sen. Martin Heinrich (N.M.) would join the panel.
· Secretary Of State Ken Bennett will hold a brief media conference at 10 am, Wed., Dec 17 in front of the Maricopa County Superior Court, Suite 514, East Court Building (ECB) 101 W. Jefferson to discuss the results from the CD 2 recount immediately following their release from Maricopa County Superior Court. The results will be announced at 10 am., Wed., by Judge Katherine Cooper in Suite 514 of ECB in Phoenix. Contact: Director of Communications Matt Roberts, email@example.com (602) 542-2228.
· Pima County Supervisors will address the County Administrator's Nicotine Free Initiative during its 9 am, Tues., Dec 16 meeting at 130 W. Congress in Tucson. The Discretionary Spending policy will be heard at the Jan. 13 meeting, according to Supervisors Ally Miller.
· Pima County Board of Supervisors Ally Miller has requested more information on contracts and background materials for agenda items. Contact Miller (520) 724-2738 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
· Dec 31 Is The Deadline To Register For The Arizona Federation Of Republican Women’s April 17-19, 2015 trip to the Ronald Reagan Presidential Tour in Simi Valley, California. For information contact Reagan Presidential Library Trip Coordinator Susan Kay Schultz at DetailsHM@cox.net or 480-945 1490. All reservations and monies will again flow through AZ Trails Travel | Roxanne and Hank Boryczki, 16650 E. Palisades Blvd. #106, Fountain Hills, AZ 85268. Roxanne@ArizonaTrails.com www.aztrailstravel.com 480- 837-8665.
· The Awardees At The Recent AFPF-Arizona Event Are:
o 2014 Local Hero Award (jackalope trophy) – Jim Waring, Phoenix City Council
o 2014 Local Hero Award (jackalope trophy) – Bill Gates, Phoenix City Council
o 2014 Barry M. Goldwater Legislator of the Year (jackalope trophy) – Rep. Justin Olson (R-Mesa)
o Champion of the Taxpayer – Rep. Warren Petersen
o Champion of the Taxpayer – Rep. Steve Montenegro
o Champion of the Taxpayer – Rep. Darin Mitchell
o Friend of the Taxpayer – Sen. Nancy Barto
o National/State and state Activist of the Year Award - Sue Goodchild of Chino Valley.
ü Trophies were presented to Champions of the Taxpayers: They are
o LD25 Rep Justin Olson
o LD13 Darin Mitchell
o LD12 Rep Warren Petersen
o LD14 Rep John Allen
o LD13 Rep Steve Montenegro
o LD12 Rep Eddie Arnsworth
o LD20 Rep Carl Seel.
ü Friends of the Taxpayer trophies went to:
o LD11 Rep Steve Smith
o LD11 Rep David Livingston
o LD17 Rep J. D. Mesnard
o LD12 Sen Andy Biggs
o LD21 Rep Debbie Lesko
o LD21 Rep Rick Gray
o LD17 Rep Tom Forese
o LD23 Rep John Kavanagh
o LD23 Rep Michelle Ugenti
o LD5 Sen Kelli Ward
o LD22 Sen Judy Burges
o LDl14 Rep David W Stevens
o LD22 Rep Phil Lovas
o LD6 Rep Bob Thorpe
o LD6 Rep Brenda Barton
o LD16 Rep Kelly Townsend
o LD14 David Gowan
o LD21 Sen Rick Murphy
o LD18 Sen David Farnsworth
o LD14 Rep Gail Griffin
o LD6 Sen Chester Crandell
o LD15 Sen Nancy Barto
o LD5 Rep Sonny Borrelli
o LD11 Rep Adam Kwasman
o LD17 Sen Steven Yarbrough
o LD1 Rep Andy Tobin
o LD1 Rep Karen Fann
o LD9 Rep Nathan Orr.
This Is The Fourth Of Five Proposed Resolutions that will be presented to the Maricopa County Republican Precinct Committeemen at the Jan, 10, 2015 Mandatory meeting scheduled in Phoenix, according to Resolutions Chairman Tyler Bowyer email@example.com
A Resolution in Support of
PROTECTING ARIZONANS’ PRIVACY
Submitted by Matt Papke, Hudson Precinct
WHEREAS, the 4th Amendment of the Bill of Rights within the United States
Constitution, the SUPREME law of the land, reads, “The right of the people to be secure in their persons, houses, papers, and effects, against unreasonable searches and seizures, shall not be violated, and no Warrants shall issue, but upon probable cause, supported by Oath or affirmation, and particularly describing the place to be searched, and the persons or things to be seized;” be it therefore
RESOLVED, We the Maricopa County Republican Precinct Committeemen do hereby reaffirm our oaths to our constituents to promote the proper role of constitutional government by defending the 4th Amendment without compromise. Furthermore we recognize that the right to privacy is one of the founding principals of our Country and will work to defend the constitutionally protected privacy of all Americans and call upon our elected leaders to act in kind; be it further
RESOLVED that Precinct Committeemen call upon all elected officials to uphold the 4th Amendment and pass language reflecting the 4th Amendment Protection Act SB 1156 (2013) which states that the State of Arizona shall not: use any assets, State monies or monies allocated by the State to local entities, in whole or in part, to engage in any activity that aids a federal agency, a federal agent or corporation providing services to
the federal government in the collection of electronic data or metadata of any person pursuant to any action that is not based on a warrant that particularly describes the person, place and thing to be searched or seized.
ü A Resolution in Support of PROTECTING ARIZONANS’ PRIVACY at
ü A Resolution in Support of AGRICULTURAL FREEDOM IN ARIZONA at http://archives.mcrcbriefs.org/2014/12/12-13-14-mcrc-briefs.html
ü A Resolution in Support of CLOSED REPUBLICAN PRIMARIES IN ARIZONA http://archives.mcrcbriefs.org/2014/12/12-10-14-mcrc-briefs.html
WHAT CANDIDATES ARE SAYING:
· AZGOP Candidate Lori Urban: Before I became a Candidate for AZGOP Chairman, I heard your voices……
ü You spoke clearly and voted three times to CLOSE OUR PRIMARIES.
ü You spoke loudly when you overwhelmingly voted to oppose Obamacare.
ü You shouted when you voted unanimously to oppose Common Core.
ü Is your voice being heard by the current AZGOP Chairman?
o On closed primaries, Graham said, “I will form a study committee AFTER you re-elect me.”
o On Common Core and Obamacare, he said, “I do not speak on policy issues; that is not my job.”
o Therefore, the AZGOP FAILED to advocate the Republican Message: Pro Freedom Pro Family Pro Faith.
o Instead, the AZGOP spoke using the voice of dark money consultants, lobbyists and establishment elites.
ü And what happened when the AZGOP did not hear your voice?
o Republican Voter Registration is DOWN 32,000 since the Chairman took office
o Common Core and Obamacare became the law in Arizona
o Precinct Committeeman numbers have DECLINED 30%
o Arizona was one of only four states to fail to achieve an increase in Republicans legislators in 2014
o Republican majorities are down from Super Majorities in both chambers just a few years ago
o It is long past time for the AZGOP to speak with YOUR voice, but it is clear that the current Chairman refuses to hear your voice and will only echo the dark money voices.
ü The most important voice in our Republican Party is yours and your voice WILL be heard clearly on January 24. I ask you to speak again and I ask for your vote so we can work together to rebuild a robust and principled AZGOP by speaking loudly on the Republican Party Platform Principles – Your Principles.
· Candidate for MCRC 2nd Vice-Chairman Art Olivas: Why so much corruption in our Arizona? MONEY! Yes MONEY! Don't believe me? Then let me ask you! Why so much corruption in Washington DC. Why is America and Arizona in decline? I believe it's just plain greed. Life is so easy for them. They don't obey voter’s emails or phone calls. Why? They would loose the Big Money from the Labor Unions, Super PAC, NRSC, NRC, Chamber Of Commerce, Endorsers, Lobbyist. And our own GOP Dark Money! The money that they get from us is mostly Chump change. They may even buy you coffee at our MCRC or State Meeting with it. All this with the Full Support of the Media and the Stores that you shop at! How can we stop this? By communicating with our LDs. By educating our PCs and LD members on how to recognize and censure the corrupted Republicans in name only that infest our LDs. One more time -The Party belongs to us! Not us to the Party! It's time for us to stop the Good Old Boys from supporting the illegal parasites. Vote for me will work for you!!
CALENDAR OF EVENTS.
· "The Joe Show" is to air AT 5 PM (EST) on December 14th on the cable TV network, "Investigation Discovery." The 104 minute show on Sheriff Joe Arpaio is cut to 90 minutes for the broadcast. The DVD and digital is scheduled for release on Dec 16 in full length. investigationdiscovery.com
· LD22 PC and Peoria City Councilman Ben Toma will host the LD22 Christmas Party at 7 pm, Mon., Dec 15 at 8707 W. Buckhorn Trail, Peoria AZ 85383 MAP . Chairman Eric Morgan asked that participants bring a small finger food/dessert dish. The district provides beverages. A few volunteers are needed to help with set up or take down – contact Morgan firstname.lastname@example.org
Bruce Fein, Attorney And Vocal Opponent Of The NSA Domestic Spying on American citizens, will be speaking at 5:30 pm, Dec 15 at the Arizona State University's downtown campus A.E. England Building at Civic Space Park, Phoenix, AZ. Hosted by KnowledgeWorks and Young Americans for Liberty: Tickets: https://www.eventbrite.com/e/bill-of-rights-day-tickets-14368170585
· The Arizona Project Annual Potluck Christmas Party is scheduled from 6-9 pm, Mon., Dec 15 at Arizona Project Headquarters, 3375 E. Shea Boulevard, 2-B, Phoenix, AZ 85028. Bring a favorite dish plus 1 can of food to help the less fortunate. AP will provide the rest. Music included. Contact: Chr Ron Ludders 602-677-1496.
· The Arizona Republican Lawyers Association will feature Attorney General elect Mark Brnovich at its Mon., Dec 15 lunch. The group meets at 11:45 am at Snell & Wilmre, 400 E Van Buren, Suite 1900, Phx. $20 for members, $35 for non-members. Payment at the door. RSVP to email@example.com
· This Year's Bill Of Rights Day Celebration is scheduled at 5:30 pm, Mon., Dec 15 at the AE England Building at Civic Space Park, 424 N. Central Ave.(W. side of Central, N. of Van Buren) in Phoenix. This is the 15th annual reading and discussion of the health of the US Bill of Rights. General admission $15, Students with ID $10. Password LIBERTY for a 50% discount. Alan Korwin says “I've been orchestrating the Bill of Rights Day gatherings since 1999 ; this year I passed the baton to KnowledgeWorks and Carlos Alfaro. Just look at what they've cooked up.” The event features speaker Special Guest Speaker: Edward Snowden's Attorney Bruce Fein, a constitutional and international law specialist. Limited auditorium seating. Reservations: https://www.eventbrite.com/e/bill-of-rights-day-tickets-14368170585 Limited number of display tables available for organizations. Live music and refreshments will begin at 5:30 p.m. The reading of The U.S. Bill of Rights commences at 6:30 p.m., followed by the balance of the program.
· Phoenix Vice Mayor Jim Waring is hosting a holiday party at 5:30 pm, Tues., Dec 16 at Zipps Sports Grill - 6501 E. Greenway Blvd., Phoenix. Participants are asked to bring pudding and applesauce cups to be donated to Kitchen on the Street for their bags of hope.
The Daisy Mountain Tea Party Patriots Annual "Christmas" Potluck is scheduled from 6-9 pm, Tues., Dec 16 in the Anthem Civic Building, 3701 W. Anthem Way, Anthem, AZ 85086. Bring your favorite dish to share. Santa will be dropping in. Bring food items for the annual donation to the Foothills Food Bank RSVP: Shirley at: firstname.lastname@example.org or Vera at: email@example.com
The Republican Women of Prescott Holiday Vendor Expo and Christmas Luncheon is scheduled at 11:30 am., Tues., Dec 16 at the Prescott Resort, 1500 E. State Rte 69. Gov Janice K. Brewer will install the new officers. $17 each. RSVP: Elsie Tyree at (928) 778-0235 or firstname.lastname@example.org or Pam Calhoon at (928) 778-7157 or email@example.com
The LD26 Christmas Party Features a presentation of “The Miracle of Valley Forge” as told by Constitutional scholar Shane Krauser at 6 pm., Dec 16 the Burke Basic School, 131 E Southern Ave, Mesa, AZ 85210. The Miracle of Valley Forge highlights the harsh winter of 1777 and General George Washington’s Army’s miraculous survival. The event also features a food drive, raffles, music and pot luck. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org or (480) 242-2208
· The Surprise Tea Party Patriots Board Members will have an interactive discussion with its memberships regarding future initiatives starting at 6:30 pm, Tues., Dec 16 in the Grand Canyon Rm at the Sun City West Foundation Plaza, 14465 W R H Johnson Blvd. Sun City West, AZ 85375.
· The Verde Valley Republican Women's Christmas Luncheon is scheduled at 11 am, Wed., Dec 17 at the Sedona Rouge Hotel & Spa, 2250 Hwy 89A, Sedona, AZ 86336. Cost: $20. White Elephant gift exchange (value $10 or less). Also collect canned food items for Sedona Food Bank. Limited seating. RSVP: Erna Sesek (928) 284-4248 or email@example.com
· Palo Verde Republican Women Invite Republican Women to attend their Christmas Holiday Luncheon to meet Governor-elect Doug Ducey at 11:30 am, Dec 17 at Grayhawk Golf Club, Fairway House, 8620 East Thompson Peak Parkway, Scottsdale. Social – 11 am. Holiday surprises, music and raffles. RSVP to Edith Stock at firstname.lastname@example.org, or 480-298-7818.
· The Yavapai County Pachyderm Club meets at 6 pm, Thur., Dec 18 at the Bonn Fire Restaurant, 1667 S. State Route 89, Chino Valley. Limited Seating. Order from menu.RSVP: Sue Goodchild @ (928) 636-7355 or email@example.com
· The Colorado River Tea Party – Yuma will not meet Dec 18, Dec 25 or Jan 1, 2014.
· Congressman David Schweikert is hosting a Christmas celebration open houses from 5-7 pm., Thur., Dec 18. Participants are asked to bring an unwrapped toy to benefit the Scottsdale Healthcare Pediartic Unit at Shea.
· The Coconino County Republican Committee Statutory Meeting will be held at 9:30 am., Dec 20 at the Double Tree Hotel by Hilton. Contact: Chr Joy Iris Staveley firstname.lastname@example.org 928-606-1131 coconinorepublicans.org
· GOP-Joins-Democrats-Defending-Obamas-Amnesty-Executive-Order Flake, McCain Vote With Dems
· Act! For Freedom Founder Speaks Against Sharia Law A Brutal Eye Opener By Brigitte Gabriel
· Pinal County Sheriff's Office 5 Things You Should Know If You Plan To Drink This Holiday Season
· McCain Compares The CIA Techniques To The Spanish Inquisition
· Democrat Wants The CIA To Apologize To The Terrorists
· An Open Letter To AZGOP Chairman Robert Graham This link is open to the public for viewing without signing up for membership
· Trey-Gowdy-Says-Will-Press-Benghazi-Investigation Could Mean The End For Obama?
· AZ Border Defenders Updated Daily
· Need2No Border News Watch
DOJ /ERIC HOLDER
JUDGE JEANINE PIRRO
LAW & ORDER
· Vichy-Republicans Not Only Did They Drop Their Rifles Without Firing A Shot And Run In The Face Of The Enemy, They Then Joined The Tyranny Of The Enemy In Oppressing The Patriots Who Wanted To Keep Fighting.
· Exquisite-Hypocrisy-Of 20-Republican-Senators Sen. Jeff Flake (R-AZ) 62% (And Sen. McCain): Previously, He Said Executive Action “Would Not Conform With My Appropriate Role As President,” And “That’s Not How Our System Works. That’s Not How Our Democracy Functions. That’s Not How Our Constitution Is Written.”… Sen. John McCain (R-AZ) 52%: “As President Obama Has Previously Said, He Is Not ‘A King’ Or ‘The Emperor Of The United States,’ And He Isn’t Legally Able To Unilaterally Change Immigration Law Any Way He Sees Fit. Congress Has A Responsibility To Respond And Push Back On His Illegal Power-Grab. Congress Must Be Creative In Using All The Tools In Our Toolbox – Including Mounting A Legal Challenge – To Oppose The President’s Action. (11.20.2014)
· Fast-Declining Joe Biden Now Believes He Was Sonny From 'The Godfather' As A Kid 'If You Ever Touch My Sister Again...'