- ► February (25)
- ► January (31)
- ► December (29)
- ► November (30)
- ► October (31)
- ► September (32)
- ► August (31)
- ► July (31)
- ► June (30)
- ► May (30)
- ► April (30)
- ► March (31)
- ► February (28)
- ► January (31)
- ► December (30)
- ► November (29)
- ► October (31)
- ► September (29)
- ► August (32)
- ► July (25)
- ► June (21)
- ► May (31)
- ► April (30)
- ► March (30)
- ► February (29)
- ► January (31)
- ▼ December (28)
- ► November (30)
- ► October (32)
- ► September (29)
- ► August (32)
- ► July (31)
- ► June (27)
- ► May (31)
- ► April (36)
- ► March (42)
- ► February (35)
- ► January (34)
- ► December (39)
- ► November (35)
- ► October (42)
- ► September (37)
- ► August (35)
- ► July (37)
- ► June (37)
- ► May (21)
- ► April (33)
- ► March (39)
- ► February (36)
- ► January (38)
- ► December (39)
- ► November (32)
- ► October (37)
- ► September (39)
- ► August (42)
Briefs Editor Frosty Taylor firstname.lastname@example.org
Web Master John Strasser
December 16, 2014
· Maricopa County Republican Committee (MCRC) and the Arizona Republican Assembly (AZRA) are co-sponsoring the 2015 PC Day at the Capitol. PC Day at the Capitol is a day-long event open to all Arizona Republican Precinct Committeemen and Patriotic Conservatives. In 2012, over 400 people were in atttendance. The goal for 2015 is 800 or more. Schedule of activities:
All Day - Create an account in the ALIS Request to Speak web application system at the kiosks in the Senate and House Lobbies http://apps.azleg.gov/
9am - 11:30am Meet with your Legislators - We encourage Legislative Districts to schedule group meetings with their respective legislators to discuss issues facing the legislative session. It's important to call and get on their schedules as soon as you can.
11:30am – 1 pm Rally & Complimentary Lunch in the Rose Garden. Lunch is complimentary; however, attendees need to go to the Eventbrite website below and make their reservations as soon as possible: www.pcday.eventbrite.com http://www.eventbrite.com/e/pc-day-at-the-capitol-tickets-10071328615 Legislators will address the luncheon assembly.
1 pm - 1:30pm House Gallery
1:30pm – 2 pm Senate Gallery
2 pm - 5pm meet with Legislators or attend Committee Hearings if in session
Who are we? We are Arizonans and Americans - incredibly strong, logically optimistic and eternally hopeful. With everyone's help and support,
we can demonstrate to our Legislators we are actively involved and care about the future of Arizona and our Great Republic. - A. J. LaFaro, Chairman, Maricopa County Republican Committee (MCRC),
· Funeral Services For Former Phoenix Mayor John Driggs will be held at 10:30 am., Sat., Dec 20 at the LDS Church, 4225 N. 56th St., Phoenix, AZ 85018. Viewing at 9 am. Reception immediately following at the home of Anne and Fred Christensen. See story on Driggs phoenix-mayor-john-driggs-dies
· LD22 PC Shirley Richards can use your prayers as she moves toward a second round of chemo treatments Dec 22 at the Scottsdale Naturopathic Center. Send a note to email@example.com or call (623) 572-8630 before you stop by to see if she up to having company.
· The Oro Valley Holiday Parade starts at 9:30 am, Dec 20.
· Republicans Are Now In Control - Not Conservatives: “…The other is merely the name of a Political party backed by liars and huge money sources. Don’t misunderstand me, I believe the Democrats as a party are also liars. It just so happens the Republicans just came back into full power and they will certainly not clean up their act for the likes of the American people. In addition, the Republicans did nothing for us in stopping Common Core...”
· LD23 Will Meet Thurs., Jan 8 At The Mustang Library, 90th St. (S of Shea Blvd), Scottsdale to hear Sen-elect John Kavanagh, Rep Michelle Ugenti and Rep – elect Jay Lawrence. 6 pm sign in. 6:30 mtg. A prayer meeting will be held in the 6 pm in the auditorium, for those interested. Contact: Chairman Jim O’Connor : www.ld23gop.org 602-538-9387.
· The Fountain Hills Republican Club will meet at 9 am, Jan 17 at the Fountain Hills Community Center, 13001 N. La Montana Drive, Fountain Hills to hear Sen Jeff Flake, LD23 Rep-elect Jay Lawrence and LD23 Sen elect John Kavanagh. Other politicians are welcome to attend.
· Three Soldiers Wrote It During Their 'Free Time' Over 'There'. It's the season to remember. http://www.andiesisle.com/ifidiebeforeyouwake.html
· The Palo Verde Republican Women's Club meets at 11 am, Wed., Dec 17 at the Grayhawk Golf Course. Gov. Elect Doug Ducey is speaking. Rock-a-Billy Hall of Fame Star Jimmy Gray will provide entertainment. Reservations required. Pvrwlunch@gmail.com $25 at the door. Check, cash or Credit card.
· Secretary of State-Elect Michele Reagan, a member of the Paradise Republican Women's Club, spoke to the Republican women on Dec 13, giving them an overview of her plans when she is sworn into office.
· Secretary-elect Michele Reagan, Secretary of State Ken Bennett and former Senator Jon Kyl addressed the Dec 13 gathering at the Fountain Hills Republican Club’s Christmas Party in the community center.
· Former Graham County Sheriff Richard Mack will be featured at the Thurs., Dec 18 Arizona Project luncheon. Lunch will be ordered from Jason’s Deli: jasons_deli_menu , RSVP required if you want to eat. $10 per person. RSVP to firstname.lastname@example.org, or call 480-247-1124. You can heard Mack via phone at 712-775-7085 When prompted, enter this code: 958005 # . Call in at 1:10 pm. If the line is not yet active, please wait patiently, as it is difficult to predict the exact timing. Questions or problems - call 480-247-1124. Mack’s birthday is Dec 27, so there will be card to sign and a gift card to a restaurant for Mack and his wife. RSVP contact: 480-247-1124
· LD 17 Republican Committee And Co-Host LDs 16, 18, 25, 28 have scheduled a 7 pm, Jan 6 forum for State and Maricopa County GOP candidate at the Tri-City Baptist Church auditorium, 2211 W Germann Road., Chandler AZ 85286 Map Here : Candidates:
o AZGOP Chairman candidates – Robert Graham and Lori Urban
o Maricopa County Republican Chairman – Tyler Bowyer, Tom Morrissey and Lisa Gray.
o Other candidates – Aaron Borders, Andrew Costanzo, Matt Eberle, Pat Oldroyd, April Riggins and Jeni White.
· The House Is Not Expected To Consider Further Legislative Business This Year. The 114th Congress will convene on Tuesday, January 6, 2015. Sen Jeff Flake and John McCain voted ‘No’ on the Fiscal 2015 Omnibus Appropriations - Motion to Concur. CD2 Rep Ron Barber (D- Tucson) voted ‘Yes.’
· Reports Are Surfacing About A Survey that asks who precinct committeemen favor among the candidates for the Maricopa County Republican Committee Chairmanship, the Arizona State GOP Chairmanship, and whether individuals support Sen. John McCain. Recipients say the caller refuses to say who is paying for this survey, which set PCs to questioning rather outside ‘dark money’ is busy at work again in Arizona??
· Secretary Of State Ken Bennett will hold a brief media conference at 10 am, Wed., Dec 17 in front of the Maricopa County Superior Court, Suite 514, East Court Building (ECB) 101 W. Jefferson to discuss the results from the CD 2 recount immediately following their release from Maricopa County Superior Court. The results will be announced at 10 am., Wed., by Judge Katherine Cooper in Suite 514 of ECB in Phoenix. Contact: Director of Communications Matt Roberts, email@example.com (602) 542-2228.
· Dec 31 Is The Deadline To Register For The Arizona Federation Of Republican Women’s April 17-19, 2015 trip to the Ronald Reagan Presidential Tour in Simi Valley, California. For information contact Reagan Presidential Library Trip Coordinator Susan Kay Schultz at DetailsHM@cox.net or 480-945 1490. All reservations and monies will again flow through AZ Trails Travel | Roxanne and Hank Boryczki, 16650 E. Palisades Blvd. #106, Fountain Hills, AZ 85268. Roxanne@ArizonaTrails.com www.aztrailstravel.com 480- 837-8665.
· The Bill Williams River Water Rights Settlement Act of 2014 is awaiting signature from President Obama. Mohave County citizens still have time to voice their opposition on this bill that, if signed into law, will take away county land, water and economic development opportunities. To put it into perspective, this settlement act could potentially cost Mohave County taxpayers well over $200 million in lost revenue as well as 40,000 acre feet of water. If you are interested in commenting, please do so at the following link. President Obama has until Friday, December 19th, to act on this bill. If you have any questions or need further details on this piece of legislation, please don’t hesitate to contact Supervisor Buster Johnson at 928-453-0724 or firstname.lastname@example.org To comment, please click here: http://www.whitehouse.gov/webform/comment-legislation?billname=H.R.%204924%20-%20Bill%20Williams%20River%20Water%20Rights%20Settlement%20Act%20of%202014
· Robert Graham's Response to YOUR Questions, unedited
[AFA Editor: You may have read the list of valid questions we sent via email to AZGOP Chairman Robert Graham last week, requesting a response to clear the air. We believe he is using the official PC email list because many of you told us you have never been on Graham's personal or campaign email list before but are now getting the emails from him. It's against the governing Bylaws for anyone to use these emails for personal benefit as they are reserved ONLY for official business of the AZGOP and were provided to AZGOP in good faith.] So below, please read the full response from Chairman Graham to your questions (SEE QUESTIONS HERE: ):
Arizona Freedom Alliance http://arizonafreedomalliance.org
· Congressman Paul A. Gosar on spearheading a letter to the Chair of the Federal Trade Commission (FTC), Edith Ramirez urging the Commission to investigate the sales practices of companies offering third-party leases for rooftop solar systems: “It has been reported that some companies are using potentially deceptive sales techniques and overstating potential savings in order to get consumers to sign lengthy leases for rooftop solar systems. Reportedly, consumers are being enticed by some solar leasing companies who offer zero-money-down leases, essentially teaser rates, for a 20-year lease agreement. The sales presentations, however, purportedly inflate grid power rates. If these allegations are true, these possibly misleading leases could be a serious threat to consumers as they are tied to our citizens’ homes and have the potential to cause significant harm to the solar industry.Even more troubling, one of the largest solar leasing companies has partnered with a strategic sales company that sold large numbers of subprime mortgages to unsuspecting homeowners in the run up to the 2008 financial crisis. Unfortunately, this is not the first time that these companies have utilized questionable business practices. My letter to Chairwoman Ramirez simply asks the FTC to look into these practices and answer a series of questions in relation to the current regulatory structure for these systems and sales techniques. In order to protect consumers and expand domestic solar production, proper oversight of the emerging rooftop solar industry must be maintained.”
Background: Gosar’s letter to FTC Chairwoman Ramirez HERE. June 24, 2014 Bloomberg article titled “Rooftop Solar Leases Scaring Buyers When Homeowners Sell” HERE. November 22, 2014 op-ed by Sean Paige, senior fellow with the Taxpayers Protection Alliance HERE. Other signees of the Congressman’s letter include Reps. Lamar Smith, David McKinley, Jeff Miller, Cynthia Lummis, Andy Harris, Morgan Griffith, Mo Brooks, Matt Salmon, Ted Poe, Alan Nunnelee and Trent Franks.
This Is The fifth Of Five Proposed Resolutions that will be presented to the Maricopa County Republican Precinct Committeemen at the Jan, 10, 2015 Mandatory meeting scheduled in Phoenix, according to Resolutions Chairman Tyler Bowyer email@example.com
A Resolution in Support of
ARIZONA SALES TAX EXEMPTIONS
Submitted by Ray Sweeney, Moon Valley Precinct
WHEREAS the Republican Party is the party of the people; and
WHEREAS the Republican Party supports low taxation, free market enterprise competition, lowered regulations on businesses at all levels, and job creation; and
WHEREAS clothing, footwear, prescription medicine, and food purchased for home consumption are fundamental human needs; and
WHEREAS the people would be burdened with sales tax on these fundamental needs;
WHEREAS businesses which provide these fundamental needs for sale are burdened with the accounting and collection of sales tax, and furthermore disadvantaged by competing with the internet sales of these items which may not be subject to sales tax; and
WHEREAS the likely increased volume of sales generated by the elimination of sales tax on these fundamental items would produce greater revenues from the taxes on increased profits from businesses providing these products, that would offset any loss of revenue from sales tax, while opening up the possibility of job creation; be it therefore
RESOLVED that the Republican Party of Maricopa County endorses legislation calling for the exemption from sales tax on these certain fundamental needs: Clothing, Footwear, Prescription Medicine, and Food purchased for home consumption, within the State of Arizona and its various counties and municipalities.
ü A Resolution in Support of PROTECTING ARIZONANS’ PRIVACY at
ü A Resolution in Support of AGRICULTURAL FREEDOM IN ARIZONA at http://archives.mcrcbriefs.org/2014/12/12-13-14-mcrc-briefs.html
ü A Resolution in Support of CLOSED REPUBLICAN PRIMARIES IN ARIZONA http://archives.mcrcbriefs.org/2014/12/12-10-14-mcrc-briefs.html
· Congressman David Schweikert is looking for photos of Christmas in Congressional District 6 to share on Facebook. He’s asking constituents to send him their favorite, high-resolution photo of what Christmas looks like in Arizona's 6th Congressional District for a chance to have their photo featured on his Facebook page. Submissions can be emailed to AZ06Photo@mail.house.gov. One submission per application, please. He'll announce and post the winner on Fri, Dec 19.
· AZGOP Chairman Robert Graham reports that the following chairmanships have been appointed for the Jan 24, 2014 State GOP meeting. They are:
o Resolutions and Memorials Committee - Ray Sweeney
o Nominations – Chris Campbell
o Bylaws – Linda White
Credentials - Helen Purcell and Dan Grimm
Executive Board members wishing to serve on a committee for the meeting should contact Tim Sifert at firstname.lastname@example.org or Chad Heywood at email@example.com
· Maricopa County Republican Candidates for the Jan 10, 2015 Mandatory Meeting (All elected PCs eligible to vote. Additional candidates can also be nominated from the floor that day).
ü Candidates Running Solo:
o Chairman – Tom Morrissey (LD18)
o 2nd Vice Chair – Aaron Borders (LD29)
o 2nd Vice Chair – Art Olivas, Jr. (LD27)
o Secretary - Matt Eberle (LD17)
o Treasurer- David Ludwig (LD24)
ü Conservative Team Candidate Slate consisting of:
o Chairman - Tyler Bowyer (LD17)
o 1st Vice Chairman- April Riggins (LD23)
o 2nd Vice Chairman - Andrew Costanzo (LD27)
o Secretary- Pat Oldroyd (LD25)
ü Candidate Slate consisting of:
o Chairman - Lisa Gray (LD21)
o 1st Vice Chairman - Jeni White (LD18)
· Candidates for the January 24, 2015 AZGOP Mandatory Meeting. (State Committeemen only eligible to vote. Nomination can be made from the floor.)
ü Candidate Slate consisting of :
o Chairman – Lori Urban
o 1st Vice Chairman - A. J. LaFaro
o 2nd Vice Chairman- Gabby Saucedo-Mercer
· The Former West Valley Republican ‘Victory’ Office is open at its new location - 10050 W Bell Road, Suite 50, Sun City AZ 85351. Group discussion meetings will resume at 9:30 am, Tuesdays, according to managers Phyllis and Peter Lee. Office hours will be from 9 am-5 pm, Mon – Fri, and from 9 am-1 pm on Saturday. Office phone 623-977-4532.
CALENDAR OF EVENTS.
· The Verde Valley Republican Women's Christmas Luncheon is scheduled at 11 am, Wed., Dec 17 at the Sedona Rouge Hotel & Spa, 2250 Hwy 89A, Sedona, AZ 86336. Cost: $20. White Elephant gift exchange (value $10 or less). Also collect canned food items for Sedona Food Bank. Limited seating. RSVP: Erna Sesek (928) 284-4248 or firstname.lastname@example.org
· Palo Verde Republican Women Invite Republican Women to attend their Christmas Holiday Luncheon to meet Governor-elect Doug Ducey at 11:30 am, Dec 17 at Grayhawk Golf Club, Fairway House, 8620 East Thompson Peak Parkway, Scottsdale. Social – 11 am. Holiday surprises, music and raffles. RSVP to Edith Stock at email@example.com, or 480-298-7818.
· The Yavapai County Pachyderm Club meets at 6 pm, Thur., Dec 18 at the Bonn Fire Restaurant, 1667 S. State Route 89, Chino Valley. Limited Seating. Order from menu.RSVP: Sue Goodchild @ (928) 636-7355 or firstname.lastname@example.org
· The Colorado River Tea Party – Yuma will not meet Dec 18, Dec 25 or Jan 1, 2014.
· Congressman David Schweikert is hosting a Christmas celebration open houses from 5-7 pm., Thur., Dec 18. Participants are asked to bring an unwrapped toy to benefit the Scottsdale Healthcare Pediartic Unit at Shea.
· The Coconino County Republican Committee Statutory Meeting will be held at 9:30 am., Dec 20 at the Double Tree Hotel by Hilton. Contact: Chr Joy Iris Staveley email@example.com 928-606-1131 coconinorepublicans.org