- ► February (20)
- ► January (31)
- ► December (29)
- ► November (30)
- ► October (31)
- ► September (32)
- ► August (31)
- ► July (31)
- ► June (30)
- ► May (30)
- ► April (30)
- ► March (31)
- ► February (28)
- ► January (31)
- ► December (30)
- ► November (29)
- ► October (31)
- ► September (29)
- ► August (32)
- ► July (25)
- ► June (21)
- ► May (31)
- ► April (30)
- ► March (30)
- ► February (29)
- ► January (31)
- ▼ December (28)
- ► November (30)
- ► October (32)
- ► September (29)
- ► August (32)
- ► July (31)
- ► June (27)
- ► May (31)
- ► April (36)
- ► March (42)
- ► February (35)
- ► January (34)
- ► December (39)
- ► November (35)
- ► October (42)
- ► September (37)
- ► August (35)
- ► July (37)
- ► June (37)
- ► May (21)
- ► April (33)
- ► March (39)
- ► February (36)
- ► January (38)
- ► December (39)
- ► November (32)
- ► October (37)
- ► September (39)
- ► August (42)
Briefs Editor Frosty Taylor firstname.lastname@example.org
Web Master John Strasser
December 19, 2014
· Funeral Services For Former Phoenix Mayor John Driggs will be held at 10:30 am., Sat., Dec 20 at the LDS Church, 4225 N. 56th St., Phoenix, AZ 85018. Viewing at 9 am. Reception immediately following at the home of Anne and Fred Christensen. See story on Driggs phoenix-mayor-john-driggs
· On Sat., Dec 20 Folks Nationwide Who Support Law Enforcements Officers are asked to display a blue, tan or green ribbon on your mailbox, deck rail, tree, etc to show your support for our police officers, highway patrolmen, sheriffs, and border patrol who put their lives on the line every day to keep our communities safe. Blue, tan and green are representative of law enforcement uniforms. It is reported that every 58 hours an officer dies in the line of duty protecting us.
· Do You Have Questions For The County And State Officer Candidates who are running for election in January? Send them to email@example.com . EX: Why are you running for xxx position? What qualifies you to be the chair, vice chair, secretary or treasurer?
· The Annual ‘PC Day At The Capitol’ is scheduled for Jan 15, according to the MCRC Chairman A J LaFaro. He urges PCs to RVSP to www.pcday.eventbrite.com for lunch reservations. The schedule:
ü 9 am-11:03 am - Meet with your legislators
ü 11:30 -1 pm – Rally and lunch in the Rose Garden (W of House Bldg) Reservations/tickets required. Reservations at www.pcday.eventbrite.com Tickets: http://www.eventbrite.com/e/pc-day-at-the-capitol-tickets-10071328615
ü 1 pm – House Gallery – Introduced by the Speaker
ü 1:30 pm - Senate Gallery – Introduced by the President
ü 1 pm – group meetings with legislators
ü All day – Sign up on ALIS request to speak – House/Senate lobbyists.
Co-sponsored by the Maricopa County Republican Committee and the Arizona Republican Assembly. Activities: See AzRA2014@zoho.com
· Feed Back From Robert Graham Accomplishments in yesterday’s Briefs: 12-18-14-mcrc-briefs.html Under AZGOP Chairman Graham leadership, there are:
ü Several hundred fewer Republican PCs than before he took office,
ü Fewer registered Republicans, while Independent registration is up,
ü Lowest off-year voter turnout in decades,
ü No real money raised, and most of that came from the RNC,
ü Didn't follow the will of the State Committeemen who voted almost unanimously to have closed primaries (which he promises to 'study' next year),
ü We still have Dems Ann Kirkpatrick , Kyrsten Sinema, Raul M. Grijalva and Ruben Gallego
(Ed Pastor’s replacement) in our Congressional delegation. (Ron Barber (D) was retired in recount by Martha McSally this week.)
A Petition To Overturn The Oro Valley Country Club Purchase can be signed between 9 am – 2 pm., Sat., Dec 20 in the Oro Valley Library. Opponents, called Tee’d Off Over Tax Hike (TOOTH in OV) have filed an application for a referendum petition to overturn last night’s Town Council’s to purchase the El Conquistador County Club and tennis facilities. Following five and a half hours of public comments, Mayor Satish Hiremath, Councilwoman Mary Snider, Vice Mayor Lou Waters and Councilman Joe Nornat voted approval of the purchased. Councilmen Bill Garner, Brendan Burns and Mike Zinkin voted no due to increased taxes. TOOTH in OV plans to set up various locations in Oro Valley where taxpayers can sign the petitions, according to TOOTH spokesman Shirl Lamonna. Petitions must be turned in by Jan. 16. Contact Lamonna at firstname.lastname@example.org Updated will be posted at www.toothinov.org
· The Sun Lakes Republican Club will meet at 6:30 pm, Tues., Jan 13 to hear Dr. Zuhdi Jasser speak on Islam and Jihad in the Arizona Rm of the Sun Lakes Country Club, 25601 N. Sun Lakes Blvd., Sun Lakes Az. 85248. All are invited and please come early as we expect a large crowd. Contact Michael Tennant, Chairman email@example.com
· Congressman David Schweikert’s buttons are popping at the successful CD6 Toy Drive for Scottsdale Healthcare’s Pediatric Unit at Shea Blvd. He reports it took six wagons to bring all the gifts into the hospital. See watch the unloading, here .
· The Oro Valley Christmas Parade listed in yesterday’s Briefs as slated for 9:30 am, Dec 20 was in submitted in error. The parade was held last week – under pouring rain.
· The Cobre Valley Republican Club will meet at 9:30 am, Sat. Dec 20 to do some housekeeping things and discussion a way to accommodate those who are unable to meet on the 3rd Sat of the month. Contact: Chairman Judy Alexander 928-701-2195 .
· Today Marchelle Franklin Stepped Into The Role Of Assistant To The Police Chief, replacing Gerald Richard, who retired today. Her efforts will focus on community outreach with the Phoenix Police Department. Visit https://www.phoenix.gov/news/police/565.
· The Arizona Republican Party Statutory Meeting is scheduled Sat., Jan 24, 2015 at the Grace Community Church, 1200 E. Southern Blvd., Tempe.
· Congressman David Schweikert has chosen a beautiful lighted Christmas display photo submitted by Jim Sciacero for his Facebook cover through the Christmas season. See photo at photo is my timeline image on Facebook.
· The Pima County Republican Club Luncheon is scheduled at 11:30 am., Tues., Jan 6,, 2015 at the Sabbar Shrine Temple, 450 S. Tucson Blvd, Tucson.
· Rev Clyde Bowen, Chairman of the AAARC, is asking for donations to help fund the third Emancipation Proclamation Observance Day of Thanksgiving Event scheduled at noon, Jan 1, 2015 at East Lake Park, 16th St. and Jefferson St. Phoenix. “We are asking you to help us fund this important event. It is our way of starting out the Republican New Year on the ‘right’ foot, setting the historical record ‘right’ and reaching out to all Americans. We believe this day was the ‘word’ made flesh, i.e; The Declarations of Independence, Bill of Rights and the Constitution were glorious writings. The Emancipation Proclamation was an action, a beacon of light for America and the world to see. This freeing of people in bondage, said to all, come to America for freedom and liberty and justice for all. We believe many freedoms actually came from this first, bold act by President Abraham Lincoln. We are the Party of Lincoln. Help us spread this very important message by helping to fund our effort. Contact Bowen: firstname.lastname@example.org or 602 274-5439.
· Congressman Paul A. Gosar after President Obama signed into law the Congressman’s sponsored bill H.R. 3027, to designate the facility of the United States Postal Service located at 442 Miller Valley Road in Prescott, Arizona, as the “Barry M. Goldwater Post Office”: “I am happy to see the president sign my bill honoring Barry Goldwater into law without delay. Designating a post office in the same town where Senator Goldwater announced his candidacy for President of the United States is a fitting tribute to an exemplary man. Now, more than ever, Senator Goldwater still serves as a shining example of what all elected officials should strive for in their efforts to serve the American people. He never wavered in his convictions or compromised his integrity and always fought hard to uphold the Constitution. I am proud to have played a part in honoring this Arizona hero and continue to be inspired by his remarkable life.” The entire Arizona Delegation—both Republicans and Democrats—are co-sponsors of the bill. Gosar introduced this bill following town halls in the Prescott area where constituents called for honoring the late Senator. Over 100 Arizona residents signed a petition to rename the Miller Valley Road post office. The location was suggested by the local postmaster. See article from the Washington Times on the life of Barry Goldwater HERE.
· The Arizona Corporation Commission Is Warning Arizona Business Owners that an organization with the name “Annual Business Services” is sending out official-looking documents offering a service to prepare annual minutes for corporations. These solicitations, requesting payment of a $125 fee, are not issued by the Corporation Commission. The Arizona Corporation Commission is not affiliated in any way with “Annual Business Services.” Further, business owners are not required to file “annual minutes” with the Arizona Corporation Commission. The entity making this solicitation is creating confusion by using language in the solicitation that is similar to that in Corporation Commission documents and citing state statutes. The forms carry an official-looking time deadline for filing and include the Arizona Corporation Commission file number assigned to the business. Further, a map search of the “Annual Business Services” return address, places it as a mailbox at a UPS Store in Phoenix. If you have received this document, YOU ARE NOT REQUIRED TO REPLY. If you wish to file a complaint, you can contact the Arizona Attorney General’s Office in Phoenix at (602) 542-5763, in Tucson at (520) 628-6504, or outside the Phoenix and Tucson metro areas at 1-(800)-352-8431. To file the complaint online, please visit the Attorney General’s web site at www.azag.gov.
· LD21 Rep Debbie Lesko’s Legislative Update: Merry Christmas, Happy Hanukkah, and Happy Holidays! I am looking forward to being together on Christmas with my family. My three children, my two grandchildren, my mother, my brother, my sister, my in-laws, and spouses and friends will join my husband and me for a memory-making, wonderful time. On January 12th I will be sworn in as your new State Senator. I’ll be doing the same job with a different title. I’ve already moved into my new office -Senate Room 302. My phone number and email address will remain the same. My new assistant, Bobby Bravo, will be answering your calls. I’m looking forward to my job as the new Senate Finance Committee Chairman. Our committee will review and vote on tax and public pension legislation. I also will serve as the Vice Chairman of the State Debt & Budget Reform Committee and as a member of the Appropriations Committee, Energy & Water Committee, and the Health & Human Services Committee. I hope you know that I am always available to talk with you. Please don’t hesitate to give me a call. Here’s wishing you a wonderful Holiday Season and a Happy New Year! Together, we can make a difference.
· Former Senator Bob Kerrey (D-NE), a decorated Vietnam veteran who served on the Senate Intelligence Committee and the 9/11 Commission, blasted the "the partisan nature of this report." According to Kerrey, liberal members of the committee, "started out with the premise that the CIA was guilty and then worked to prove it."
Six Former CIA Directors And Deputy Directors, who served during the Clinton, Bush and Obama Administrations, co-authored an opinion piece in the Wall Street Journal defending the interrogation program. In their estimation, the committee's report amounted to "a one-sided study marred by errors of fact and interpretation -- essentially a poorly done and partisan attack on the agency that has done the most to protect America after the 9/11 attacks."
· Congressman Paul A. Gosar after President Obama signed into law the National Defense Authorization Act (NDAA) which included the Congressman’s sponsored jobs legislation, H.R. 687, the Southeast Arizona Land Exchange and Conservation Act: “Today’s passage of my critical jobs bill is a victory for all Americans. From the empty streets of Superior, to the 70% unemployed on the San Carlos Reservation, all the way to our defense and manufacturing industries, everybody wins. This law is the culmination of many years of hard work by countless supporters and local Arizona organizations. As a result, Arizona is back on the map as one of the leading copper producers on the continent. But more importantly, there are thousands of hardworking Americans that will now have a new job and the opportunity to pursue their goals and dreams because of this historic mine.” Gosar has created a page on his official website dedicated to providing information on his sponsored legislation, the Southeast Arizona Land Exchange and Conservation Act. It can be viewed HERE. This bill would facilitate the development of an underground copper mine that will reduce our dependence on foreign sources of energy and minerals. Once the operation is running, this mine will provide 25% of the United States’ copper supply and will be the largest copper mine in North America. The Southeast Arizona Land Exchange and Conservation Act will create 4,000 new jobs and will generate $60 billion for Arizona’s economy over the life of the mine. This legislation is not only a jobs bill, it's a conservation bill. The lands the federal government acquires in the exchange are highly-coveted recreational and conservation areas. This legislation is supported by the U.S. Chamber of Commerce, American Supply Association, the American Clean Energy Resources Trust, the Associated General Contractors of America, the Northwest Mining Association, the National Mining Association and the National Association of Manufacturers.
· AZGOP Chairman Robert Graham reports that the following chairmanships have been appointed for the Jan 24, 2014 State GOP meeting. They are:
o Resolutions and Memorials Committee - Ray Sweeney
o Nominations – Chris Campbell
o Bylaws – Linda White
Credentials - Helen Purcell and Dan Grimm
Executive Board members wishing to serve on a committee for the meeting should contact Tim Sifert at email@example.com or Chad Heywood at firstname.lastname@example.org
· Dec 31 Is The Deadline To Register For The Arizona Federation Of Republican Women’s April 17-19, 2015 trip to the Ronald Reagan Presidential Tour in Simi Valley, California. For information contact Reagan Presidential Library Trip Coordinator Susan Kay Schultz at DetailsHM@cox.net or 480-945 1490. All reservations and monies will again flow through AZ Trails Travel | Roxanne and Hank Boryczki, 16650 E. Palisades Blvd. #106, Fountain Hills, AZ 85268. Roxanne@ArizonaTrails.com www.aztrailstravel.com 480- 837-8665.
· Maricopa County Republican Candidates for the Jan 10, 2015 Mandatory Meeting (All elected PCs eligible to vote. Additional candidates can also be nominated from the floor that day).
ü Candidates Running Solo:
o Chairman – Tom Morrissey (LD18)
o 2nd Vice Chair – Aaron Borders (LD29)
o 2nd Vice Chair – Art Olivas, Jr. (LD27)
o Secretary - Matt Eberle (LD17)
o Treasurer- David Ludwig (LD24)
ü Conservative Team Candidate Slate consisting of:
o Chairman - Tyler Bowyer (LD17)
o 1st Vice Chairman- April Riggins (LD23)
o 2nd Vice Chairman - Andrew Costanzo (LD27)
o Secretary- Pat Oldroyd (LD25)
ü Candidate Slate consisting of:
o Chairman - Lisa Gray (LD21)
o 1st Vice Chairman - Jeni White (LD18)
· Candidates for the January 24, 2015 AZGOP Mandatory Meeting. (State Committeemen only eligible to vote. Nomination can be made from the floor.)
ü Candidate Slate consisting of :
o Chairman – Lori Urban
o 1st Vice Chairman - A. J. LaFaro
o 2nd Vice Chairman- Gabby Saucedo-Mercer
· The Former West Valley Republican ‘Victory’ Office is open at its new location - 10050 W Bell Road, Suite 50, Sun City AZ 85351. Group discussion meetings will resume at 9:30 am, Tuesdays, according to managers Phyllis and Peter Lee. Office hours will be from 9 am-5 pm, Mon – Fri, and from 9 am-1 pm on Saturday. Office phone 623-977-4532.
CALENDAR OF EVENTS.
· The Coconino County Republican Committee Statutory Meeting will be held at 9:30 am., Dec 20 at the Double Tree Hotel by Hilton. Contact: Chr Joy Iris Staveley email@example.com 928-606-1131 coconinorepublicans.org
· AFA Refutes Graham's Claims Of Accomplishments At AZGOP HQ Morrissey deserved the credit
· Supreme-Court-Rules-For-Dreamers-Against-Brewer Could Lead To Drivers’ Licenses For 150,000
· Dreamers-Ariz-Drivers-Licenses-Ban-Ended Apply For Licenses Monday
· Newly Licensed Illegals To Be Driving AZ Streets
· McCain Compares The CIA Techniques To The Spanish Inquisition
· AZGOP financial reports filed/ AZ Sec of State azsos.gov/cfs/FilerDetail
· FEC filing fec.gov/r/CandidateCommitteeDetail/
· AZ Border Defenders Updated Daily
· Need2No Border News Watch
FIRST AMENDMENT – FREE SPEECH
· Updated Death And Injury Rates Of U.S. Military Personnel During The Conflicts In Iraq And Afghanistan: Working Paper 2014-08 More Than 5,000 U.S. Military Personnel Have Died In Iraq And Afghanistan, And Another 50,000 Were Wounded In Action. A Larger Proportion Of Wounded Personnel Survived Their Wounds Than Was The Case During The Vietnam War.
LAW & ORDER
DEPT OF HOMELAND SECURITY
· Obama Said Sony Should Have Run Its Decision To Pull The Interview From Theaters By Him Before Making The Decision.
· Roland Trujillo Was Swapped For Three Cuban Spies Held In The U.S., But Officials Are Mum On His Location, And His Family Says They've Yet To Hear From Him.
· Obama-Throws-Fidel-A-Rope The Castro Brothers Were Staring Into The Abyss As BHO Rescued Them…Obama Traded Horse For A Rabbit