- ► August (19)
- ► July (31)
- ► June (30)
- ► May (31)
- ► April (24)
- ► March (27)
- ► February (28)
- ► January (31)
- ► December (29)
- ► November (30)
- ► October (31)
- ► September (32)
- ► August (31)
- ► July (31)
- ► June (30)
- ► May (30)
- ► April (30)
- ► March (31)
- ► February (28)
- ► January (31)
- ► December (30)
- ► November (29)
- ► October (31)
- ► September (29)
- ► August (32)
- ► July (25)
- ► June (21)
- ► May (31)
- ► April (30)
- ► March (30)
- ► February (29)
- ▼ January (31)
- ► December (28)
- ► November (30)
- ► October (32)
- ► September (29)
- ► August (32)
- ► July (31)
- ► June (27)
- ► May (31)
- ► April (36)
- ► March (42)
- ► February (35)
- ► January (34)
- ► December (39)
- ► November (35)
- ► October (42)
- ► September (37)
- ► August (35)
- ► July (37)
- ► June (37)
- ► May (21)
- ► April (33)
- ► March (39)
- ► February (36)
- ► January (38)
- ► December (39)
- ► November (32)
- ► October (37)
- ► September (39)
- ► August (42)
Briefs Editor Frosty Taylor email@example.com
Web Master John Strasser
January 1, 2015
· Attention MCRC and AZGOP Officer Candidates: Briefs will be posting reader submitted questions for the candidates who are running for election as MCRC and AZGOP officers at the Mandatory January meetings. Officer candidates are asked to respond in 300 words or less. Candidate answers will be posted in the “What The Candidates Are Saying” section. Please keep to the issues. Respond to firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com
1. What are your qualifications to serve in the position you are running for?
· The 2015 Arizona Inauguration Ceremony will occur at 11 am, Jan. 5 at the Arizona State Capitol, 1700 W. Washington, Phoenix, AZ. To reserve a ticket, click here.
ü Once on the registration page, select the number of tickets to reserve (1 - 2);
ü Once selected, click the "Register" button and you will be redirected to the final page – enter the personal information for each guest, and when finished, simply click "Complete Registration";
ü The event tickets will be emailed directly to the email address(es) included for each guest;
ü You must present your downloaded or printed tickets at the gate to enter the event.
· McCain’s Revenge:
· McCain’s Big Purge By Alex Isenstadt
· Op-Ed: Rogue Committeemen Got What They Had Coming A.J. LaFaro: Republicans who endorsed Democrats proved that their egregious actions have consequences.
· The Central Republican Women of Phoenix will meet at 5:30 pm for social hour, Jan 8 at the Hilton Garden Inn, 4000 N. Central Ave., Phx. 6:15 pm dinner/meeting. $22 per person. Speakers: Incumbent AZGOP Chairman Robert Graham and challenger Lori Urban. Reservations: Tina Shaw at firstname.lastname@example.org or 623-934-9730 no later than Sun, Jan 4th. A reservation made is a reservation paid. Cancellation deadline is Sun, Jan 4th to avoid being charged.
ü Sen John McCain – F
ü Sen Jeff Flake – F
ü Congressman Matt Salmon – A
ü Congressman David Schweikert – A
ü Congressman Paul Gosar – B
ü No listing shown for Congressman Trent Franks.
· The Daisy Mountain Tea Party Patriots will meet at 6:30 pm., Tues., Jan. 6 to hear former Sen. Russell Pearce at the Anthem Civic Bldg, 3701 W. Anthem Way, Anthem. They will be introducing a special project to support Police Officers as well as other law enforcement members. January will be a wear a "Blue Ribbon" and give any officer a hand written "Thank You" note from the Tea Party, according to Chairman Vera Anderson. Contact: 602-821-4675 or email@example.com
· Gov Jan Brewer: “While I am naturally disappointed in today’s (12-31-14) ruling by the Arizona Supreme Court, it simply means that the state now has the opportunity to fully defend the merits of our Medicaid restoration law in superior court. I am abundantly confident that Arizona will ultimately prevail, and that the state will be able to focus on implementing one of the most meaningful and critical health care policies in years – the restoration of crucial, cost-effective care to thousands of Arizonans. Still, today’s ruling carries with it troubling consequences for future leaders by enabling our courts to referee legislative battles, and possibly opening a Pandora’s Box for additional baseless, politically-charged lawsuits. So this battle is not over. I stand with the great majority of Arizonans in defending this necessary and crucial policy, safeguarding our rural and safety-net hospitals and protecting our state budget. Medicaid restoration is the right choice for Arizona … it’s worth fighting for … and I’m proud to have done that as governor. I am confident the fight will continue, and that the law will ultimately be upheld.”
· Pinal County Chairman Irene Littleton: 2014 is gone, but not forgotten. It was a banner year for me mostly because of all of you.I may have lost the Senate race but I won an entire world of friends and supporters from LD8, Pinal County, all of Arizona and beyond. I am proud of 2014. And there is more, my granddaughter graduated from Navy boot camp and will be stationed in Florida. My grandson in the Air Force is stationed in Hawaii. 2 very special folks had, are you ready for this, heart transplants! Both are well. 3 Cancer patient friends remain in remission (you got love it) God Bless them all. I am writing this for the frozen tundra of New Hampshire, where I spent the Holidays with my kids and my grandchildren (well, most of them) My year was topped by being elected the Chairman of the Pinal County Republican Committee and 1st Vice Chair of the Grande Valley Women's Republican Club. We should all be working together for a common goal. Whatever that goal maybe, I pray that you attain it! With great appreciation and much love, I wish you a Happy New Year. May your light shine on (as CT Wright would say). May God Bless you with joy for 2015
· Gov Jan Brewer Has Appointed James Zieler To The Arizona Game And Fish Commission. Zieler has been with Salt River Project since 2008, and has served as Supply Chain Manager, Operations & Maintenance Supervisor and Safety & Security Coordinator. He previously served as Chief of Police for the St. Johns Police Department (1998-2007); Narcotics Agent, Gang Enforcement Officer and Deputy Sheriff with the Apache County Sheriff’s Office (1991-98); and Corrections Officer for the Arizona Department of Corrections. Zieler has served on numerous boards, including as President of the St. Johns Unified School District Board of Education (2010-2014); Executive Board Member of the Law Enforcement Coordinating Committee for the United States Attorney’s Office, District of Arizona (1999-2007); Chair of the Apache County Local Emergency Planning Committee (2007-11); and President of the Northeastern Arizona Police Association (2001), among others. Zieler has volunteered as a Hunter Education Instructor for the Arizona Game and Fish Department since 1999 and as a Reserve Police Officer for the St. Johns Police Department since 2008. He also served as Varsity Scout Coach for the Boy Scouts of America (1994-2014) and Youth Football Coach at St. Johns Middle School (2006-12). Zieler obtained a Bachelor of Science degree in Public Safety Administration from Grand Canyon University (2002) and has an Associate in Applied Science in Criminal Justice from Northland Pioneer College (1999). He has been appointed for a five-year term, effective January 19, to replace John Harris.
· The Maricopa County Republican Committee’s Credentials, Tally, and Proxy Check Training for the upcoming MCRC Statutory Meeting is scheduled at 9 am, Sat., Jan 3 (2 hours) at the AZ GOP Headquarters, 3501 N. 24th St., Phx. Refreshments provided. Online access to training available (contact Dan Grimm at firstname.lastname@example.org)
· Volunteers are needed Sat., Jan 3 to help with packet stuffing at AZGOP HQ for the Jan 10 MCRC Statutory Meeting. Lunch provided at 11:30 am. Packet stuffing beings at 1 pm. (four hours). Contact: Dan Grimm email@example.com Cell: 480-570-8570.
· ATNN: All Volunteers For The Credentials/Registration And Proxy Verification For The Upcoming Maricopa County Republican Statutory Meeting scheduled for January 10, 2015 at the Grace Community Church, at 1200 E. Southern Avenue, Tempe, AZ 85282.
ü Training for the Statutory Meeting will be Sat, Jan 3, 2015 at 9AM at the AZ GOP Headquarters located on 3501 N. 24th Street, Phoenix, 85016.
ü Refreshments will be provided (Donuts, coffee, orange juice, and water).
ü Walk through Registration process; short review for Proxy Checkers.
ü Training available ONLINE!
ü Follow-up email that will appear to have been sent by Robert Graham, Chairman of the AZ Republican Party; HOWEVER, it is NOT from Robert, but from Dan Grimm. Graham allowed use of the AZ GOP account with WEBEX to host this webinar.
ü This second email will contain all of the login information necessary to join the Training “Live” online on Jan 3. The Training Seminar at 9:30 AM, so please login no later than 9:15 AM, so that you will have enough time to resolve any issues while logging into the seminar.
ü Proxy Checkers are asked to attend in person with their Laptops, so that George Teegarden may load the software and database, which will be used to verify PC Status, Name, address, and Republican Registration for Non-PC proxy Appointees (carriers).
ü Lunch will be served at noon for volunteers wishing to stay and Stuff the PC Packets for the MCRC Jan 10 Meeting. (Packet Stuffing to begin at 1PM)
ü All volunteers for the Statutory Meeting should arrive at the Church by 6:30 AM, for a short review and credentialing of volunteers before the PC’s start registering at 7:30 am. -- Dan Grimm, Co-Chair MCRC 2015 Statutory Meeting Planning Committee firstname.lastname@example.org Cell: 480-570-8570.
· The Yavapai County Republican Committee Statutory/Organization meeting and election is Jan 10. The ballots have been printed and applications are no longer being accepted. Nominations will be taken from the floor. The nominee will be given two minutes along with the others nominated for that position on the ballot. Questions - call (928) 776-4500. Volunteer needed for the Timing lights - call (928) 776-4500.
· Maricopa County Republican Candidates for the Jan 10, 2015 Mandatory Meeting (All elected PCs eligible to vote. Additional candidates can also be nominated from the floor that day).
ü Candidates Running Solo:
o Chairman – Tom Morrissey (LD18)
o 2nd Vice Chair – Aaron Borders (LD29)
o 2nd Vice Chair – Art Olivas, Jr. (LD27)
o Secretary - Matt Eberle (LD17)
o Treasurer- David Ludwig (LD24)
ü Conservative Team Candidate Slate consisting of:
o Chairman - Tyler Bowyer (LD17)
o 1st Vice Chairman- April Riggins (LD23)
o 2nd Vice Chairman - Andrew Costanzo (LD27)
o Secretary- Pat Oldroyd (LD25)
ü Candidate Slate consisting of:
o Chairman - Lisa Gray (LD21)
o 1st Vice Chairman - Jeni White (LD18)
· Candidates for the January 24, 2015 AZGOP Mandatory Meeting. (State Committeemen only eligible to vote. Nomination can be made from the floor.)
ü Candidate Slate consisting of :
o Chairman – Lori Urban
o 1st Vice Chairman - A. J. LaFaro
o 2nd Vice Chairman- Gabby Saucedo-Mercer
o 1st Vice Chairman - Parralee Schneider PIMA
o 2nd Vice Chairman - Jeni White MARICOPA
o Secretary - Linda White PIMA
· The Annual ‘PC Day At The Capitol’ is scheduled for Jan 15, according to the MCRC Chairman A J LaFaro. He urges PCs to RVSP to www.pcday.eventbrite.com for lunch reservations. The schedule:
ü 9 am-11:03 am - Meet with your legislators
ü 11:30 -1 pm – Rally and lunch in the Rose Garden (W of House Bldg) Reservations/tickets required. Reservations at www.pcday.eventbrite.com Tickets: http://www.eventbrite.com/e/pc-day-at-the-capitol-tickets-10071328615
ü 1 pm – House Gallery – Introduced by the Speaker
ü 1:30 pm - Senate Gallery – Introduced by the President
ü 1 pm – group meetings with legislators
ü All day – Sign up on ALIS request to speak – House/Senate lobbyists.
Co-sponsored by the Maricopa County Republican Committee and the Arizona Republican Assembly. Activities: See AzRA2014@zoho.com
WHAT CANDIDATES ARE SAYING:
· Art Olivas, Candidate for MCRC 2nd Vice Chair: I am a PC and a state PC. I have been recognized as an ‘Outstanding Precinct Committeemen’ and received the ‘General Al Rodriquez Award’ from the Republican Party. Other achievements.
ü I have volunteered time and money for J D Hayworth, Janet Contreras and Andrew Thomas campaign.
ü I volunteered time knocking on doors and money for Dan and Sara Coleman, Luis Rodriguez, Ron Harders, Natalie Taswell, Rev. Myron Jackson Sr. and Jose Tello - South Phoenix Republican candidates.
ü I have walked and know my LD and our people well.
ü My wife and I have volunteered for Emancipation Proclamation Observation Day of Thanksgiving at East Lake Park the last 2 yrs. Another commitment kept us away this yr.
ü When we started The Conservative Grassroots Latino Tea Party Movement, one of the first things we did was to protest at the Mexican Consul over their illegals in Arizona.
ü I have confronted UFCW, SEIU, AFofL and CWA Unions that supported the illegal that disfigured and marched on our flag in front of our State Capitol!
ü I also went against Mary Rose Wilcox, Randy Parrza and his illegals and Union thugs - in support and defense of Sheriff Joe Arpaio, Russell Pearce and Andrew Thomas! To name a few.
ü I can read and write Spanish. So illegals can't B-S us. You can take that to the Bank. I need your vote to serve as your 2nd Vice Chair.
CALENDAR OF EVENTS.
Saturday - Jan 3, 2015
· The Maricopa County Republican Committee’s Credentials, Tally, And Proxy Check Training for the upcoming MCRC Statutory Meeting is scheduled at 9 am, Sat., Jan 3 (2 hours) at the AZ GOP Headquarters, 3501 N. 24th St., Phx. Refreshments provided. Online access to training available (contact Dan Grimm at email@example.com)
· Volunteers Are Needed Sat., Jan 3 to help with packet stuffing at AZGOP HQ for the Jan 10 MCRC Statutory Meeting. Lunch provided at 11:30 am. Packet stuffing beings at 1 pm. (four hours). Contact: Dan Grimm firstname.lastname@example.org Cell: 480-570-8570.
· The Sun City West Republican Club will meet at 8:30 am, Sat., Jan 3 at the SCW Foundations building (Quail Room) 14465 R H Johnson Blvd., Sun City West, AZ. , to hear Dr. Lyle Rapacki. Rapacki has assisted law enforcement both regionally and nationally with intelligence analysis and investigations of deviant movement groups and has taught at law enforcement academies nationwide. Doors open at 8 am for coffee and donuts. $2 admission to cover cost of room. Contact John Neal at email@example.com 602-218-5344 or cell: 602-421-8877.
· The Arizonans for Border Control will host Border Patrolman Peter Bidegain at 2:30 pm., Sat., Jan 3 at the Himmel Park Library, 1035 N Treat Ave., (L block S of Speedway, 2 blocks of Tucson Blvd.,), Tucson. Bidgain will address the reopening of Organ Pipe National Park since it was closed in 2003 following the murder of Forest Ranger Kris Eggle and other illegal immigration issues See January to mark Organ Pipe’s first tours of entire park since 2003
· The Murphy Gun Show is scheduled Jan 3 and 4 at the Yuma Co. Fair Grounds. Volunteers are needed between 9 am and 5 pm for the booth – either day. Admission $5. Contact Gilbert Hernandez to volunteer 928-210-7895.
· A “Protest the President’s Amnesty’ is planned Sat., Jan. 3 at the entrance to the Yuma Fair Grounds/Gun Show.
Monday, Jan 5
· The Arizona Project will meet Jan 5 at 3375 E. Shea Blvd., Phx. Contact: Chr Ron Ludders. 602-677-1496.
· The Arizona Corporation Commission will meet at 9 a.m, Mon., Jan 5. See notice/agenda Special Open Meeting.
Tuesday, Jan 6
· The Surprise Tea Party will meet at 6:30 Pm, Tues., Jan 6 to view “The Border States Of America” and be updated by Sen Judy Burges on the upcoming session. The meeting is scheduled in the Grand Canyon Room of the Sun City West Foundation Plaza, 14465 W R H Johnson Blvd. Sun City West, AZ 85375. The group has meetings scheduled for Jan 20, Feb 3 And 17. Contact: Newsletter@Surpriseteapartypatriots.Com
· Legislative Districts 17, 16, 18, 25, 12, and 26 are hosting a forum for the Arizona Republican Party Count and State Board candidates7 pm, in the main building auditorium of the Tri-City Baptist Church, 2211 W. Germann Road, Chandler, AZ 85286. Candidate participants for the
AZGOP Board include:
ü Chair: Robert Graham and Lori Urban
ü 1st Vice-Chair: AJ LaFaro and Parralee Schneider
ü 2nd Vice-Chair: Gabby Mercer and Jeni White
ü Secretary: Lynne Breyer and Linda White
MCRC Candidates include:
ü Chairman: Tyler Boyer, Tom Morrissey, Lisa Gray
ü Candidates for other Board positions: Aaron Borders, Andrew Costanzo, Matt Eberle, David Ludwig, Pat Oldroyd, Art Olivas, April Riggins and Jeni White
If you are a precinct committeeman from Maricopa County or a State Committeeman from anywhere in the state, this is a great way to learn about these candidates. Contact: Chr Shadow Asgari firstname.lastname@example.org
· The 114th Congress will convene on Tuesday, January 6, 2015.
· The Yavapai County GOP Executive Committee will resume meeting on Tues., Jan. 6at 5:30 pm in the Conference Room, Republican Headquarters, 112B E. Union St., Prescott, AZ
· The Pima County Republican Club Luncheon is scheduled at 11:30 am., Tues., Jan 6, 2015 at the Sabbar Shrine Temple, 450 S. Tucson Blvd, Tucson.
Wednesday, Jan 7
· The Saddlebrooke Republican Club presents Pinal County Attorney Lando Voyles on Jan 7 (1st Wed) at the Mountain View Club House, East Ballroom In Saddlebrooke. Doors open at 3:45pm; Event Commences At 4:15pm. Voyles Is Addressing “A New Respect For The Crime Victims.” Under Voyles Pinal County Victim Services advocates for the victims of crime. Victim compensation provides a range of services including loss of wages and medical care. They also include victim restitution, keeping the victim up to date on each stage of the trial, and elder abuse oversight. Voyles has just implemented a new program that assists the victims of rape and sexual crimes against kids. Contact: Neil MacDonald, VP Communications, Saddlebrooke Republican Club, 520 825 4361 Houseboats@Msn.Com
· A Reception For LD25 Sen Steve Pierce Of Payson is scheduled 5 pm., Wed., Jan 7 at the CIBO Carrage House, 603 N. 5th Ave., Phx. Suggested contribution $150. RSVP to Amilyn Pierce email@example.com or 602-708-8980.
· Freedom Fires Live, the East Valley Tea Party and the Red Mountain Patriots will have a joint meeting at 7 pm, Wed., Jan 7 at Faith Christian School, 7464 E Main St., Mesa., to hear Constitutionalist Shane Krauser. Directions: Click Here Cost: $2.50 (17 and under are free)
Thursday, Jan 8
· LD23 Will Meet Thurs., Jan 8 At The Mustang Library, 90th St. (S of Shea Blvd), Scottsdale to hear Sen-elect John Kavanagh, Rep Michelle Ugenti and Rep – elect Jay Lawrence. 6:30- pm sign in. 7 pm mtg. A prayer meeting will be held in the 6 pm in the auditorium, for those interested. Contact: Chairman Jim O’Connor : www.ld23gop.org 602-538-9387.
· The Colorado River Tea Party plans a round table discussion at noon, Thur., Jan 8 at the Community Christian Church, 6480 E. Hwy 95. (last building behind church. www.coloradoriverteaparty.org
· Phoenixs-First-Baby-Of-2015 Three Girls And A Boy Were Born Seconds Apart At Hospitals Miles From Each Other.
· Half Of America's Children Will Be Born Into Autism By 2025 The Makers Of Agent Orange Used In The Vietnam War To Destroy Rain Forests
· To Quote Reagan: There you go again! There is an air of desperation blowing from 3501 N 24th St in Phoenix. There they go again.
I-Hear-You AZGOP Chairman Candidate Lori Urban: I am uniquely qualified to be YOUR AZGOP Chairman! I didn’t just show up in the party two years ago. I...
· AZGOP financial reports filed/ AZ Sec of State azsos.gov/cfs/FilerDetail
· FEC filing fec.gov/r/CandidateCommitteeDetail/
· Where Will 2015 Take Us? GOP leaders in Congress are not GOING to solidify Obama’s amnesty deal, they are ALREADY solidifying it. Therefore, this is not a prediction; it is simply an accurate reporting of what is already taking place. Republican leaders in Washington, D.C., are going to do what they always do: give grassroots conservative Republicans the royal shaft.
· AZ Border Defenders Updated Daily
· Need2No Border News Watch
LAW & ORDER
Says Protests Should Move To New Venue If Black Lives Really Matter
WAR ON WOMEN