- ► August (19)
- ► July (31)
- ► June (30)
- ► May (31)
- ► April (24)
- ► March (27)
- ► February (28)
- ► January (31)
- ► December (29)
- ► November (30)
- ► October (31)
- ► September (32)
- ► August (31)
- ► July (31)
- ► June (30)
- ► May (30)
- ► April (30)
- ► March (31)
- ► February (28)
- ► January (31)
- ► December (30)
- ► November (29)
- ► October (31)
- ► September (29)
- ► August (32)
- ► July (25)
- ► June (21)
- ► May (31)
- ► April (30)
- ► March (30)
- ▼ February (29)
- ► January (31)
- ► December (28)
- ► November (30)
- ► October (32)
- ► September (29)
- ► August (32)
- ► July (31)
- ► June (27)
- ► May (31)
- ► April (36)
- ► March (42)
- ► February (35)
- ► January (34)
- ► December (39)
- ► November (35)
- ► October (42)
- ► September (37)
- ► August (35)
- ► July (37)
- ► June (37)
- ► May (21)
- ► April (33)
- ► March (39)
- ► February (36)
- ► January (38)
- ► December (39)
- ► November (32)
- ► October (37)
- ► September (39)
- ► August (42)
Briefs Editor Frosty Taylor firstname.lastname@example.org
Web Master John Strasser
Friday, February 13, 2015
· 80-Year-Old-Woman-Spars-With Sweetheart-Fla-Judge; Cracks- Up Entire-Court For Those With A Sense Humor!
· The Pinal County Republicans Lincoln Luncheon is scheduled Feb 21 in the the Property Conference Center, 1251 W Gila Bend Hwy, Casa Grande, AZ 85193. Program begins at 10:30 am featuring Congressman Paul Gosar, Sen Jeff Flake and AZTARS Chairman Lilia Dashvecky. Tickets $40 each or $75 per couple. If purchased before Jan 31 you will receive five raffle tickets when you check in the day of the event. Tickets http://pinalcountrygop.com/ PCRC #4 Chr Vince Manfredi 602-373-9996
· Maricopa County Republicans Chairman Tyler Bowyer says the Lincoln Day event will be held in late March or early April. As soon as they have a date and location locked in, Executive Director April Riggins will be announcing the details.
· Congressman Matt Salmon: One of the most important part of my job is speaking with my constituents. I would like to hear your thoughts on the issues before Congress, and learn more about how I can help you. If you have some time, I'd like you to make an appointment to speak with me at my office in Gilbert, where I'll be hosting Open Office Hours. The details are below. Call my office today at (480) 699-8239 to schedule an appointment between 10 am until 12:30 pm, Thurs., Feb 19. The office is located at 207 N. Gilbert Rd., Ste 209, Gilbert, AZ 85234.
· The Green Valley/Sahuarita GOP Lincoln-Reagan Luncheon is scheduled at noon, Feb 21 at the , Quail Creek Madera Clubhouse Ballroom. Speaker: National commentary Bill Whittle. Tickets: 520-203-7750.
· The Pinal County Republican Committee needs 22 volunteers to man a voter registration booth at the March 18-22 Pinal County Fairgrounds 512 North 11 Mile Corner Road, Casa Grande, AZ 85194. If interested in participating contact Barb Manning.
· The Maricopa Republicans and Patriots will meet at 7 pm., Thurs., Feb 19 at the Maricopa Community Church Located at 44977 W Hathaway Ave, Maricopa, AZ 85139. PCRC Chair Irene Littleton will update the group on current events.
· The Pima County GOP Lincoln Day Dinner featuring Congresswoman Martha McSally will start at 5 pm., Feb 28 at the Doubletree Hotel Reid Park. Tickets $35 each. Call 520-321-1492.
· TARS-Maricopa Teenage Republicans - Maricopa, AZ will meet at 6:30 pm, Thurs., Feb 19 at the at the Maricopa Community Church, 44977 W. Hathaway Ave. 85139. http://www.teenagerepublicans.org/constitution_page
· State Treasurer Jeff DeWit will highlight the 5:30 pm, Feb 28 Mohave County GOP District 3 meeting at the Shagrue's Bridgeview Room, Lake Havasu City. Tickets: $45. Call 908-347-7929.
· The City of Phoenix’s Youth and Education Office is now accepting applications for the 2015 Outstanding Young Man and Outstanding Young Woman awards. These awards recognize two outstanding high school students from each of the eight Phoenix city council districts. See phoenix.gov/news/education
· The AZGOP Legislative Salute is scheduled for the evening of April 10 for special awards. Speaker tba. Details pending.
· The Tempe Republican Women are in need of donations for their March 20 and 21 garage sale. Call 480-306-2545 or email email@example.com to arrange for pick up or drop off. They also need volunteers to help staff the weekend sale.
· As Part Of The Coconino County Republicans Lincoln Day Fundraiser, Canyoneers, Inc. will be selling drawing tickets for a 7 day, 6 night full motorized Grand Canyon River trip. Tickets: $10 each, will be sold before, during and after the dinner. The drawing will be held as soon as 200 tickets are sold. Raffle tickets: Send a check payable to CCRC c/o Treasurer Dan Edel at 3120 West Tami lane, Flagstaff, AZ 86001. Include name and phone number of purchaser so winner can be contacted. Tickets will be mailed to out of town purchasers once payment is received. Contact: Chr Joan Harris 928-226-0502.
· Congressman David Schweikert and Sen Kelli Ward will meet with Mohave County GOP District 2 Republicans at 6:30 pm, March 7 at the El Rio Country Club, Mohave Valley, 928-234-0838 firstname.lastname@example.org
· Special Valentine’s And Statehood Day Programming is available at the Arizona State Library, Archives and Public Records in the Arizona Capitol Museum on Sat., Feb. 14. Admission is free. See 2-12-15-mcrc-briefs for details.
· The Mohave County GOP District 1 will meet with Gov Doug Ducey at 5 pm.,
April 11 in Kingman. Call 928-279-3950
· Ben-Sasse-Shines, Tell-Him-Thanks cosponsored legislation to put term limits on Members of Congress and against the failure of secure our borders.
· Congressman Matt Salmon on introduction of the State Sovereignty in Voting Act, a bill that would ensure that the several states ultimately decide for themselves whether to require documents above and beyond the federal standard to determine citizenship for voting registration. Full text of bill: 114th-congress/house-bill/951
· Secretary of State Michele Reagan has unveiled the funding amounts available for qualifying Clean Election candidates in the 2016 election cycle. State law provides for these funding levels to be adjusted by the Secretary of State every two years. The Citizens Clean Elections Act, passed as an initiative by the voters in 1998 provides public funding to qualified statewide and legislative candidates.
The 2016 election cycle will be the ninth time candidates in Arizona will be permitted to take part in the Clean Elections system as participating candidates. The choice is strictly voluntary, although public funding is available only to participating candidates who qualify for funding. To qualify, participating candidates are required to gather $5 qualifying contributions from eligible voters and adhere to spending and contribution limits.
According to Reagan, the numbers released today establish the new Clean Elections spending limits for the 2016 election cycle and take into account recent inflation figures as well as the percent increase in state resident income tax returns as required by law.
Reagan revealed the new figures in a letter to the Arizona Citizens Clean Elections Commission and a copy of the 2016 Clean Elections Biennial Adjustments chart is included with this press release. Copies are also available at the Secretary of State’s office on the 7th floor of the State Capitol, by calling the Elections Services Division at 602-542-8683 or 1-877-THE-VOTE or www.azsos.gov.
· Jose Barrajero's AZRRT Call to Action Barrajero’s updates on current legislation that needs attention.
· The Paradise Republican Women’s Club member turning in the most US Flag pictures will win a $150 gift basket. In addition to pictures of flags being flown on homes and businesses, flag bumper stickers and flag logos on apparel and accessories are also eligible. There will be prizes for runner ups as I get more donations. PRWC will award certificates to our favorite businesses and private patriots in appreciation of their display of Americanism and their love of this country. The contest will end at the PRWC meeting nearest to the Fourth of July. Send pictures to email@example.com. Be sure to enter "Flag Contest on the subject line for it to be opened.
· Call The White House 202-456-1111 Comments. Switchboard: 202-456-1414. Contact Senate https://www.senate.gov/ or Representatives http://www.house.gov/ Let them know how you feel. Hold their feet to the fire. They wanted these positions so badly, hold them accountable. Arizona delegation phone numbers:
· LD1 meets 2nd Mondays, 7-8:30pm at North Gate Church, 34835 N. 7th St., Phx. 85086 (7th St./Carefree Hwy.) Chr Cathy Schwanke http://ld1.arizonagop.us
· LD 4 meets the last Wednesday of the month, at 7pm at the Estrella Foothills H. S. Next meeting - Feb 25. Chr Richard Newcomer firstname.lastname@example.org
· LD12 – Chr Mickie Niland email@example.com
· LD 13 Meets (No Feb mtg) On The 2nd Tuesday of the month at 7 pm at PebbleCreek Tuscany Falls Clubhouse – Ball Room, 16222 Clubhouse Drive, Goodyear, AZ. 85395. Next mtg March 10. Contact: Chr Dick Landis, landis.LD13@icloud.com.
· LD15 – Chr David Henderson firstname.lastname@example.org
· LD16 – Chr Trevor Hansen email@example.com
LD17 meets last Tuesday of the month at 7 pm, Tricity Baptist Church in Chandler. Next meeting - Feb 24. Speakers: Supt of Ed Diane Douglas and Senator Kelli Ward. Chr Shadow Asgari firstname.lastname@example.org
LD 19 Meets The 2nd Monday of the month at 7 pm in the conference room of Total Wine & More, at McDowell and Litchfield Rd., 1416 N Litchfield Rd (Palm Valley Pavilions West Shopping Center), Litchfield Park, AZ. Chr George Ortiz, email@example.com.
· March 2, April 6, May 18, June 1, July 6, Aug 3, Sept 14, Oct 5, Nov 16, Dec 7. Washington Elementary School District Office, 4650 W Sweetwater, Phx. Chr Ray Malnar firstname.lastname@example.org.
· LD21 – 3rd Thurs at 7 pm at 10050 W. Bell Rd. Suite 50. Chr Kevin Payne LD21Chairman@gmail.com
· LDL22 - 3rd Monday at 6:30 pm., Westbrook Vistas Rec Center, 18825 N Country Club Pkwy, Peoria, AZ 85382. Doors open at 5:30pm social/ set up, These meetings are open to the public. All you can eat buffet for $5 to offset the cost of the meeting. Chr Eric Morgan email@example.com http://ld22.arizonagop.net/connect
· LD23 – Jim O’Connor firstname.lastname@example.org
· LD 24 - 3rd Thursday . 6:30 sign-in. 7:00 pm mtg. Feb 19. Agenda: Setting a vision/mission for LD24. Speaker: RPMC Chairman Tyler Bowyer. AZ GOP Headquarters, 3501 N 24th St., Phoenix, Az . Chr Ken Bennett email@example.com. Sec Carole Joyce firstname.lastname@example.org
· LD25 – Chr Jan Murray email@example.com
· LD26 – Chr Raymond Jones firstname.lastname@example.org
· LD27 South Mountain will meet at 6:30 pm for dinner, followed by a 7 pm meeting on Tues., Feb 10 at the Jumbo Buffet - NE Corner Of 35th Avenue And Southern. Events in LD27 will be the topic of discussion. They plan a ‘Patriots In The Park’ on March 14 At El Reposo Park, an upcoming gun raffle and are recruiting LD27 Teenage Republicans (TARS). Executive Committee Contacts: Chr Ron Harders – Hbaronaz@Msn.Com - 602-243-0111; 1st Vice Chairman Jose Tello – Josertello01@Gmail.Com - 480-309-5182 And 2nd Vice Chairman Chris Morrill – Bikeartchris@Yahoo.Com - 480-415-2453.
· LD29 - 7 pm, Feb. 10 at Kings & Associates Realty, LLC, 6006 N 83rd Ave, Suite 201, Glendale, AZ 85303. Chr Alan Gaugert email@example.com 623-877-3674.
· LD30 – Chr Gary Hirsch Gary.Hirsch@cox.net
· Former Graham County Sheriff Mack Needs Help. Mack suffered a heart attack recently and is recovery from surgery – however, complications have slowed that recovery and added financial strain on the family. See help sheriff mack To donate directly to a bank account at Wells Fargo, Account Richard Mack, Routing Number: 122105278, Account Number: 2816818385. Be sure to get a receipt. If you wish to verify that the family received the donation, send a note to firstname.lastname@example.org
· Congressman Paul Gosar: Attention all high school students in Arizona's fourth Congressional district. The 2015 Congressional Art Competition has begun and I want to see your best work. This is your chance to have your artwork featured in the U.S. Capitol Building. rules for the competition: www.gosar.house.gov/serving-you/art-competition
· Yavapai County Republicans are considering forming a new evening Republican club for those who find difficulty in attending luncheon meetings. Interested persons should e-mail email@example.com with ideas/suggestions.
· Tea Party Patriots Will Be Hosting Legislative Updates every Monday that Congress is in session, Legislative Consultant Bill Pascoe will cut through all the muck, mire and political spin to give you pertinent, up-to-date information on what is happening in Washington and how you can take action. Update on Monday at 1 PM EST. Click here to register!
· The Former West Valley Republican ‘Victory’ Office is open at its new location - 10050 W Bell Road, Suite 50, Sun City AZ 85351. Group discussion meetings will resume at 9:30 am, Tuesdays, according to managers Phyllis and Peter Lee. Office hours will be from 9 am-5 pm, Mon – Fri, and from 9 am-1 pm on Saturday. Office phone 623-977-4532.
· The Voice Of Veterans “ Coffee Corner,” is a place where you can grab that cup of coffee, sit back, and listen to a variety of commentators talk about what is happening in America and across the World. Commentators of various backgrounds and opinions, enable you to hear comments designed to bring facts to light, express opinions -often hidden or not mentioned by most media outlets. Your participation will always be welcome. Send your comments or disagreements with the commentator. VOV Radio Show archives - Vernon Bagley, President & CEO Veterans Broadcasting Network of America, Inc.
CALENDAR OF EVENTS
SATURDAY, FEBRUARY 14
· The YAVGOP Lincoln/Reagan Dinner scheduled for Feb 14 has been CHANGED to March 21 at the Prescott Resort. The cost is $65 per person.
· The Paradise Republican Women will hear Author Loren Spivak make the case that capitalism is the victim of environmental extremists who destroy prosperity without achieving even their own goals. He is the author of "Free Market Warrior" and "The Gorax." He will address the group at 11 am, Sat., Feb 14 at Gainey Ranch Golf Club, 7600 E Gainey Club Drive, Scottsdale, AZ 85258. 10:30 am social. $30 per person. Reservation required by Thur., Feb 12.
· The Arizona Republican Assembly (AzRA) will meet at 12:30 pm., Sat., Feb 14
in the Devonshire Center, 2802 E Devonshire St., Phx. 85016 Devonshire is one block N of Indian School Rd, one mile E of SR51. The group’s goal is to replace RINO's in key positions with Republicans who support the Republican Platform and the US Constitution. With over 150 members, they hope to reach 200 members by the February meeting. Contact: AzRA President Thayer Verschoor 602-703-0266.
· Ribbon Cutting For The 1000-Yard New Range Building will be held at 9 am, Sat., Feb 14 at the Ben Avery Shooting Range, 4044 W. Black Canyon Blvd., Phx., 85086. Pursuant to ARS 38-431.02 a quorum of the Arizona Game and Fish Commission and attend and participate in the ribbon cutting ceremony. No legal action will be taken.
· Volunteers Are Needed to help decorate floats for the Sat., Feb 14 Silver Spur Rodeo and Parade is scheduled Sat., Feb 14. Float will be decorate on Feb. 13. firstname.lastname@example.org
MONDAY, FEBRUARY 16
The Embry Riddle College Republicans will meet with newly elected Maricopa County Republicans Chairman Tyler Bowyer at 7 pm., Feb 16 in the ERU-King Engineering Bldg. on the campus in Prescott. Contact: Joey Cilano email@example.com
The Western Pinal County Chapter of The Arizona Republican Assembly will meet at 6:30 pm., Mon., Feb 16 at the Legacy Suites, 540 N Cacheris Ct., Casa Grande (½ mile west of I-10 on Florence Blvd.) to hear Vicki Alger, Research Fellow at the Independent Institute. Alger will address education issues and topics associated with her forthcoming book on the history of the U.S. Department of Education. Contact: Jason Hayes (602) 734-5603 firstname.lastname@example.org
· The Arizona Project will meet at 6:30 pm., Mon., Feb 16 at 3375 E. Shea Blvd., Phx. to hear Fair Tax guru Alex Meluskey, who hosts the FairTax for all radio show at 9 pm, Saturdays on KKNT 960am The Patriot Chr Ron Ludders 602.677.1496
Tuesday, February 17
The Coconino County Republican Committee Lincoln Day Dinner has been changed to Feb 17 at 6 pm., at the Double Tree Hotel by Hilton, 1175 W Rt 66, Flagstaff with speakers Gov Doug Ducey, Treasurer Jeff DeWit and Congressman Paul Gosar. Program remarks by Mayor Jerry Nabours and Councilman Jeff Orvits. Doors open to dinner attendees at 5:45 pm. Tickets $50 per person, at the door $60 each. Tables of 10 - $450. VIP reception at 5:30 pm, VIP tickets $100 each, includes table seating with one of the speakers. First come, first served. Platinum table sponsorships: $750 for table of 10, seating up front with dinner, VIP reception and photo ops. Limited seating. No host bar. Sent checks payable to CCRC and mail to CCRC Treasurer Dan Edel 3120 W Tami Lane, Flagstaff, AZ 86001. Personal checks only. Checks must be postmarked no later than Feb 11.Contact CCRC Chairman Joan Harris, 928-226-0502 email@example.com
· The Republican Women of Prescott will meet at 11:30 am, Feb 17 at the Prescott Resort, 1500 E. Hwy. 69, Prescott, AZ to hear Kris Paronto, co author of "13 hours: The Inside Account of What Really Happened in Benghazi" and Lisa Benson, Radio Talk Show Host and author on the "Benghazi Truth Tour". Cost: $18. Note: If you can't make the luncheon, there will be a more intimate dinner that evening also at the Resort. Cost $ 60. RSVP: Elsie Tyree, firstname.lastname@example.org, (928) 778-0235 or Pam Calhoon, email@example.com, (928) 778-7157.
· The Fountain Hills AZ Tea Party meets the (3rd Tues) Feb 17, at 6:30 pm., in the Fountain Hills Unified School District Learning Center, 16000 E Palisades Blvd. (Palisades Blvd. & Golden Eagle Blvd.). Speakers: Tom Jenney, the Executive Director of Americans for Prosperity - Arizona and Maricopa County Sheriff Joe Arpaio. Jenney will discuss pending and upcoming legislative issues and Sheriff Joe will offer his comments on the state of the rule of law in Arizona. Guests invited. Admission is free but donations to help offset expenses are welcome and appreciated. Contact: Richard Rutkowski firstname.lastname@example.org or www.fhteaparty.org
· The Paradise Republican Women will gather for dinner at the AZ Federation of Republican Women meeting in Tucson on Fri, Feb 20. Members should contact Barb McMullen if going to Tucson and want to join them.
· The Daisy Mountain Tea Party Patriots will meet at 6:30 pm, Feb 17 (1st and 3rd Tues) in the Anthem Civic Bldg, 3701 W Anthem Way, Anthem, AZ 85086. Contact: Chr Vera Anderson 602-821-4675 email@example.com http://www.daisymountainteapartypatriots.com/index.html
· Morning Scoop with the Capitol Times is hosting a panel discussion On “The Future Of Water In Arizona” at 7 am., Tues., Feb 17 at Alexi’s Grill, 3550 N Central Ave., #120, Phx. Registration 6:45 am. Panelists: Tom Buschatzke, Director, AZ Department of Water Resources; Joe Gysel, President, EPCOR Water (USA) Inc.; David Modeer, General Manager, Central Arizona Project; David Roberts, Senior Director Water Resource Management, SRP; Sarah Porter, Director, Kyl Center for Water Policy and Moderator: Jim Small, Arizona News Service Editor. Reservations required. Complimentary continental breakfast provided. Seating limited to 100. Sponsored by: SRP, CAP EPCOR and Curtis Goodwin Sullivan Udall & Schwab. Contact Tracy Keller 602- 889-7140 or firstname.lastname@example.org RSVP at http://morningscoopfutureofwater.eventbrite.com.
WEDNESDAY, FEBRUARY 18
· Secretary of State Michele Reagan will address the Arizona Republican Lawyers Association luncheon at 11:45 am, Wed., Feb 18 at Snell & Wilmer , 400 E. Van Buren, Ste. 1900, Phx. $20 for members, $35 for non-members (payment at the door). RSVP to email@example.com.
· The Palo Verde Republican Women will meet for lunch at 11:30 am., Feb 18 at the Grayhawk Golf Club, 8620 East Thompson Peak Parkway, Scottsdale. Speaker Charles James, an Adjunct Law Professor at ASU and former Assistant Attorney General serving in the Department of Justice during George H.W. Bush and George W. Bush administrations , will address “Federalism in America” today. Social 11 am. Lunch is $25. To RSVP contact Edith, firstname.lastname@example.org or call 480-298-7818 (c).
THURSDAY, FEBRUARY FEB 19
· LD 24 - 3rd Thursday . 6:30 sign-in. 7 pm mtg. Agenda: Setting a vision/mission for LD13. Speaker: RPMC Chairman Tyler Bowyer. AZ GOP Headquarters, 3501 N 24th St., Phoenix, Az . Chr Ken Bennett . Contact: Carole Joyce email@example.com
· The Colorado River Tea Party – Yuma potluck will begin at 6 pm Thurs, Feb. 19 at the Community Christian Church, 6480 E. Hwy 95 in last building behind church. featuring LD13 Rep Darin Mitchell who will discuss the latest developments at the legislators, at the Christian Church, 6480 E Hwy 95 (last bldg. behind the church). Contact: www.coloradoriverteaparty.org Chr Sally Kizer 928-210-1219. firstname.lastname@example.org
· AZ Border Defenders Updated Daily
· Need2No Border News Watch
· Federal-Court-Rules-Residency-Requirements For-Pistols Big Win For Gun Rights
JUDGE JEANINE PIRRO
BILL AND HILLARY
SECRETARY OF STATE