- ► October (19)
- ► September (30)
- ► August (31)
- ► July (31)
- ► June (30)
- ► May (31)
- ► April (24)
- ► March (27)
- ► February (28)
- ► January (31)
- ► December (29)
- ► November (30)
- ► October (31)
- ► September (32)
- ► August (31)
- ► July (31)
- ► June (30)
- ► May (30)
- ► April (30)
- ► March (31)
- ► February (28)
- ► January (31)
- ► December (30)
- ► November (29)
- ► October (31)
- ► September (29)
- ► August (32)
- ► July (25)
- ► June (21)
- ► May (31)
- ► April (30)
- ▼ March (30)
- ► February (29)
- ► January (31)
- ► December (28)
- ► November (30)
- ► October (32)
- ► September (29)
- ► August (32)
- ► July (31)
- ► June (27)
- ► May (31)
- ► April (36)
- ► March (42)
- ► February (35)
- ► January (34)
- ► December (39)
- ► November (35)
- ► October (42)
- ► September (37)
- ► August (35)
- ► July (37)
- ► June (37)
- ► May (21)
- ► April (33)
- ► March (39)
- ► February (36)
- ► January (38)
- ► December (39)
- ► November (32)
- ► October (37)
- ► September (39)
- ► August (42)
AZ Republican Briefs
Briefs Editor Frosty Taylor email@example.com
Web Master John Strasser
Tuesday, March 17, 2015
ST PATRICK’S DAY
· McCain-Challenger-Threatening-To-Mess-Up-Conservatives-McCain-Challenge …Hard-line conservatives think that, after a decade of trying, 2016 is the year they can finally knock John McCain out of the Senate. Arizona's conservatives remain furious over the senator's perceived selling-out of their movement, and Washington's conservative elite has united behind a champion: Rep. Matt Salmon, a founding member of the House's far-right Freedom Caucus and—conservatives hope—the candidate perfectly positioned to take down McCain by running to his right. Trouble is, someone else appears to be trying to do the same thing.
· ACTION ALERT: Ken Cuccinelli II – US Senate Conservatives Fund President: Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell (R-KY) has caved again. Now he has promised to hold a vote to confirm Loretta Lynch as Attorney General. This is a huge mistake. In her confirmation hearings, Lynch could not identify any limits on the president's executive power and she believes executive amnesty is legal and constitutional. Confirming Lynch would be a clear violation of a senator's oath to support and defend the Constitution.
McConnell should either prevent the nomination from reaching the floor, get 51 of the 54 Senate Republicans to defeat the nomination on an up-or-down vote, or reverse Harry Reid's "nuclear option" and filibuster the nomination. McConnell should defeat the nomination or, at the very least, block it until executive amnesty has been stopped. He's already surrendered the power of the purse; there's no reason to surrender the Senate's 'advice and consent' authority too.
Unfortunately, we all know that McConnell will do none of these things. He's not interested in standing up to the president or the Democrats in the Senate.He will cave just as he has caved countless times before.
We need 51 senators to oppose the Lynch nomination. All of the Democrats will support her so we can only afford to lose three Republicans on this vote. Four Republican senators who are planning to confirm Loretta Lynch when her nomination reaches the floor. Please call them and request the oppose her confirmation.
ü Susan Collins (R-ME) (202) 224-2523
ü Jeff Flake (R-AZ) – (202) 224-4521
ü Lindsey Graham (R-SC) – (202) 224-5972
ü Orrin Hatch (R-UT) – (202) 224-5251
If these four senators support the nomination, a 50-50 tie will result, which will likely be broken by Vice President Joe Biden and the nomination will be confirmed.
Four more senators who are on the fence. We cannot afford for any of them to support the nomination either. Please call them as well:
ü Kelly Ayotte (R-NH) – (202) 224-3324
ü Shelley Moore Capito (R-WV) – (202) 224-6472
ü Bob Corker (R-TN) – (202) 224-3344
ü Mark Kirk (R-IL) – (202) 224-2854 .
· Congressman Paul Gosar’s Staff will be at the Mayer Fire Dept , 11975 Hwy 89, Mayer, AZ between 1-4 pm., Wed., March 18 address constitution issues.
· Congressman Matt Salmon: A couple of weeks ago, I informed you about a bold new initiative I was launching to encourage the House to make finding a cure for cancer a top priority. There have been several important developments since I first launched the initiative, and I wanted to take a minute to keep you informed. See video. outlining what I've done over the past few weeks as well as some future plans. If you'd like to submit a comment about this or any of my priorities in Congress, please contact my office here: http://salmon.house.gov/contact
· Jeff-Flake-Just-Wants-To-Talk-About-Spending-Again The Arizona Republican wants to live up to Tom Coburn’s legacy and get back to what started his rise to the Senate in the first place. “They’ll come after him with knives,” Coburn says.
· Congresswoman Martha McSally today spoke on the House floor in honor of Bill Badger, one of the men responsible for helping subdue the gunman of the January 8, 2011 shootings on Tucson in which several people were wounded including Rep Gifford. A 37-year Army veteran, Bill passed away last week. See video HERE.
· Congressman Paul Gosar and the House Western Caucus will hold a press conference at noon, Sat., March 21 - following their 10 am Western Policy “Land, Energy, and Water” Roundtable at the Arizona State Capitol in Phoenix. Scheduled attendees of the Roundtable will include Representatives Paul Gosar, Cynthia Lummis and Ken Buck as well as staff representing Senator John McCain, Representatives Kevin Cramer, Alex Mooney, Trent Franks and the Senate Western Caucus. Additional groups participating include National Water Resources Association, American Public Power Association, Central Arizona Water Conservation District, Colorado River Energy Distributors Association, Resolution Copper, Gila River Indian Tribe, Salt River Project, Whiting, Safari Club, Valley Partnership, Central Arizona Project, AZ Rock Products and Grand Canyon State Electric Cooperative. Contact: Darrell Henry @ 202-487-8727 or firstname.lastname@example.org
· LD25 Speakers have been scheduled for several months for the 7 pm., 3rd Thurs meetings at 640 N Mesa Drive Mesa, AZ. Doors open at 6:45 pm. , according to First Vice Chair Haydee Dawson. Speakers are:
ü March 19 - Rep. Justin Olson and Sen. Kelli Ward.
ü April 16 - Majority Leader Rep. Steve Montenegro.
ü May 21 - City of Mesa Mayor Jon Giles and State Treasurer Jeff Dewit.
ü June-Aug. tba
ü Sept 14 - District 1 Mesa Council member Dave Richins
Contact: 1VC Haydee Dawson email@example.com
· The Gila County Republican Party's Lincoln Day Dinner is scheduled March 20 at the Rim Golf Club in Payson. Speakers will be Congressman David Schweikert and Arizona Attorney General Mark Bronvich, according to Gila County Chairman Gary Morris. AZGOP Chairman Robert Graham and several of the headquarters staff will also be in attendance. Contact Morris at 602-803-7366 for reservations/information.
· Jose Borrajero’s AZRRT Call To Action And Weekly Report 150314-1600
Weekly update on what’s happening at the Arizona legislature. Fresh post every Saturday.
Latest Actions On Bills: www.azleg.gov
· LD25 Meets At 7 Pm., Thurs., March 19 at 640 N Mesa Drive Mesa, AZ. Doors open at 6:45 pm. Speakers: Rep. Justin Olson and Sen. Kelli Ward. Contact: First Vice Chair Haydee Dawson firstname.lastname@example.org
· Chino Valley Pachyderm Chairman Sue Goodchild has announced that Tom Jenney of Americans for Prosperity will address the group on April 16 at the Bonn Fire Restaurant in Chino Valley. Alex Meluskey, who has announced he is running again Sen John McCain for the Senate seat in 2016, will speak at the May 21 meeting.
· The Tucson Republican Women Luncheon is scheduled at 11:30 am, Mon., March 23 at the Radisson Suites Resort 6555 E. Speedway., Tucson. Speakers: Dr. John McElroy and Dr. Onyria McElroy (map)
· The Pima County Republican Women Dinner with Supervisor Ally Miller is scheduled at 5:30 pm, Thurs., March 26 at 6555 E Speedway Blvd, Tucson, AZ 85710, USA (map). Contact: Tiana Smith at 520-886-3681
· The Republican Club of Green Valley/Sahuarita will meet at 9 a.m., Fri., March 27 at where Friends in Deed, 301 W. Camino Casa Verde, Green Valley (map)
· The Maricopa Republican Club meets at 10 am., Thurs., March 26 (4th Thurs) at Villages Community Center, 0991 Butterfield, Maricopa, AZ. Contact: Brenda Hermanson, (480) 250-9085, email@example.com http:/www.maricoparepublicanclub.com/
· The Pinal County Republican Committee’s District 5 meeting is scheduled at 7 pm., Tues., March 24 (last Tues) at the Pinal County Justice Court Building, 575 N Idaho Rd #200, Apache Junction, AZ 85119. Contact: Beth Hallgren, 602-369-2495, firstname.lastname@example.org http://www.pcrcd5.org/
· A Gov Doug Ducey Fundraiser was held at The Henry today to help the Gov repay himself for the millions of dollars he owes himself on his 2014 campaign. Suggested contributions for the luncheon at The Henry were $1,000 a pop. The Yellow Sheet reports that he loaned his campaign nearly $2.9M for the primary and additional $715,000 for the general election to beat out Dem candidate Fred DuVal. He reportedly currently has $3.5M in outstanding debts. A $600,000 loan he made to himself for his 2010 State Treasurers campaign is still outstanding.
· HB2190 And HB2246 Will Be Heard At 9 Am., March 19 by the Senate Education Committee in the Senate Hearing Room at the State Capitol in Phoenix. The Maricopa County Republican Precinct Committee (MCRC) passed a resolution in March 2013 in opposition to Common Core. The National Republican (RNC) passed a similar resolution in opposition to Common Core in April 2014. To assure removal of federal control and restoration of local control, contact your state senator. See http://www.azleg.gov/MemberRoster.asp?Body=S Senators who especially need to hear from you, according to HB2190 and HB2246 supporters:
For more information: http://arizonansagainstcommoncore.com/
· Americans For Prosperity is urging voters to contact the Senate’s Debt and Budget Reform Committee Chairman Jeff Dial and request he put HB 2380 (Truth in Spending) on the State Debt and Budget Reform agenda. HB 2380, sponsored by Rep. Justin Olson would protect taxpayers by requiring the Legislature to send out a news release warning taxpayers if it plans to increase state government spending faster than the projected rate of growth of the state economy. HB 2380 has passed the House, and has passed the Senate Appropriations Committee. But it now appears to be stalled in the Senate's State Debt and Budget Reform Committee. Call Dial at 602-926-5550 or email email@example.com Contact AFP AZ Policy Director Krystal Slivinski at firstname.lastname@example.org
· AZCDL Legislative Alerts:
ü On Wednesday, March 11, HB 2320 and HB 2431 passed out of the House and were sent to the Senate. On Monday, March 16, the Senate Leadership assigned these bills to Senate Government Committee where they have been placed on the committee’s March 18 meeting agenda. These bills need to pass out of committee this week if they are to remain viable this session.
ü HB 2320 (Rep. Brenda Barton, LD-6), is the AzCDL-requested bill that would exempt CCW permit holders from being disarmed when entering state and local government property if their “security” is limited to the flimsy “no firearms” sign bureaucrats like to hide behind, but criminals ignore. Under the proposed law, everyone entering must be screened if agencies or political subdivisions choose to ban weapons on government property.
ü HB 2431 (Rep. Bob Thorpe, LD-6), is the AzCDL-requested bill would establish an interstate compact that restricts member states from enacting firearms transfer requirements greater than existing federal law. In essence, this would create a ceiling that state law could not exceed. This is a critical piece of legislation to derail Bloomberg’s upcoming gun owner registration scheme in Arizona.
Let the Senate Government Committee members know that there is grassroots support for HB 2320 and HB 2431 and to pass these bills out of committee. prepared email . AzCDL Bill Tracking updated daily. Arizona Citizens Defense League (AzCDL),
· Moral Action Ministry is sponsoring Self-Governance Classes at the North Scottsdale Christian Church, 28700 N. Pima Road, Scottsdale, AZ. 85266 (Northwest corner Pima & Dynamite) Contact: Mark Singer 480-488-1388 email@example.com
ü Mon, March 23, 5:30 pm-9:30 pm, Part 1-Level 1--Foundations in Self-Governance, tuition $50, audit $10 includes both parts--Classroom
ü Mon, March 30, 5:30 pm-9:30 pm, Part 2-Level 1--Foundations in Self-Governance, tuition $50, audit $10 includes both parts—Classroom
· West Valley GOP office co-managers Ted Farmer, Phyllis Lee and Gini Keating are gather names for name badges for office volunteers. Volunteers should let them what they want on their badges, according to Office Manager Peter Lee.
· Congressman Paul Gosar is sponsoring an Easter Card contest for children age 13 and younger. Gosar will have lunch with the two top winners of the free-hand art contest highlighting Easter – at the school or agency that enters their art work. Entries can be no longer than a 8.5 x 11 sheet of paper and must be submitted by March 18 to TeresaMartinez@mail.house.gov or mailed to Congressman Paul Gosar San Tan Valley office, 270 E Hunt Hwy #12, San Tan Valley, AZ 85143 or call 480-882-2697.
· The Daisy Mountain Tea Party Patriots needs volunteers to work at their table during the March 28 and 29 Annual Anthem Day. Volunteers are needed from 10 – noon and from 2-4 pm both days. Contact: Chairman Vera Anderson 602-821-4675 firstname.lastname@example.org
· Maricopa County Republican Activist Joe Hobbs is leading an effort to Censure the Federal Communication Commission (FCC) for its unconstitutional takeover of the Internet. Hobbs encourages organizations to download a copy of his resolution, discuss it at their meetings and fill in the name of your organization as indicated. Hobbs asks that his name remain on the censure document “as is.” Download at http://hobbs4az.com/blog/ Or contact Hobbs at 480-381-2380 or email@example.com if you would like Commissioner Ajit Pai’s dissent statement or any other support.
· Popular American Legend Ted Nugent is the speaker for the Republican Party of Maricopa County’s Lincoln Dinner scheduled at 7 pm, March 28 at the Scottsdale Hilton Resort, 6333 N Scottsdale Road., Scottsdale, AZ 85250. The annual event recognizes precinct committee for their work over the past year. Nominations must be processed by LD Chairman by March 15. If someone has a recommendation for a MVP Precinct Committeeman for their life work or their work this past year, they should contact their LD chairman immediately, according to Chairman Tyler Bowyer, who will be master of ceremonies. Executive Director April Riggins will chair the event, co-chaired by Liz Alcorn. Co-hosts include Congressmen Matt Salmon, David Schweikert and Trent Franks, County Attorney Bill Montgomery and Sheriff Joe Arpaio - who will take part in the awards presentations. Dinner tickets are $60 for precinct committeemen. Sponsorships are $1,000 per table or $125 per seat (available until sold out). $250 – Chairman’s Circle, VIP Greet and photo (following the dinner). Registrations open at 5:30 pm. Doors open at 6:30 pm, Dinner at 7 pm. Checks payable to the Republican Party Of Maricopa County, C/O Liz Alcorn, 12040 N. 133rd Way Scottsdale, AZ 85259. RSVP or questions: Liz Alcorn at (602) 315-0349. Tickets online at https://www.eventbrite.com/e/ted-nugent-at-lincoln-day-dinner-2015-tickets-16036792478
· Congressman Trent Franks annual golf and spring training fundraiser is scheduled March 20 and 21 in Phoenix. March 20 – 1 pm Tee time at the Arizona Biltmore, followed by a reception/dinner at 6 pm. Speaker to be announced. Saturday, March21 – 1.05 pm, Spring Training Baseball game and lunch buffet (Camelback Ranch Royals vs White Sox). Limited number of discount rate rooms at the Biltmore Resort available. Golf – $1,000. Dinner – $1,000. Baseball - $500 or weekend pass for all events - $2,000 per person. RSVP: (623) 561-8060 or TrentFranksForCongress@Gmail.com
The May 8 Tempe Republican Women’s 1920’s ‘speakeasy’ Cocktail Party tickets are available online. $25 for members, $30 for non-members and $35 for at-the-door registrants. Participants are asked to dress in prohibition era flapper wear. http://temperw.weebly.com/trw-cocktail-party.html
· The Arizona Citizens Defense League is raffling two custom built AR-15 pistols by Forward Operating Base in Phoenix. AzCDL’s logo is laser etched on the lower of each pistol. The pistols are chambered for the 5.56 NATO round. Only 900 tickets will be sold. Each ticket represents 2 chances to win. Tickets are $10 each and can be purchased at gun shows and other events where AzCDL has a table. Tickets may also be purchased at AzCDL’s online store. The drawing for both pistols will be held on Sun, June 14, 2015. Contact: Arizona Citizens Defense League (AzCDL), an all-volunteer, non-profit, non-partisan grassroots organization.
· The Arizona Republican Assembly (AzRA), chaired by former senator Thayer Verschoor is forming chapters throughout Arizona. Conservative Republicans (new members are subject to vetting) interested in joining AzRA should contact Verschoor (602-703-0266). Membership is open to conservative Republicans only who support the Republican Platform and the US Constitution. The Maricopa West Valley AzRA chapter (Avondale area), Chaired by John Wilson - firstname.lastname@example.org, met Saturday. The main topic of discussion was school funding/state budgeting. A new chapter is forming in the Surprise & North area, contact Lyle Tuttle L.email@example.com
· Timothy Lee, AZGOP Compliance Director, will be conducting a Treasurer’s Training session for GOP LD treasurers and county chairmen from 10am-2 pm, Sat., June 6 at AZGOP headquarters, 3501 N. 24 St., Phx. Contact Lee at (602) 449-1000 or firstname.lastname@example.org
· Nat'l Director of AZ Republican Assembly A J LaFaro will address “Ballot Harvesting, Stuffing, And Tampering And Closing The Republican Primaries” in Arizona at the 6 pm., Thur., March 19 Colorado River Tea Party – Yuma meeting at the Community Christian Church, 6480 E Hwy 95, Yuma. LaFaro, who authored the “closed primary resolutions” passed by the AZGOP and Maricopa County Republican precinct committeemen at the January statutory meeting, is the immediate past chairman of the Maricopa County Republican Committee – aka the Republican Party of Maricopa Countyaj_ml@hotmail.com . Contact: Chr Sally Kizer email@example.com www.coloradoriverteaparty.org
· The Weekly Freedom Report to grassroots activists on free market oriented legislation s conducted at 10 am, every Friday. To participate in Friday's Freedom Call - Dial (712) 775-7031, then type: 421-127-730#. See www.marketfreedomalliance.com
· Congresswoman Martha McSally’s office is accepting art work from local high school students for the Congressional Art Competition thru April 10. One winner from CD2 will be selected to have his or her artwork displayed in the U.S. Capitol along with the winning pieces from other districts and will be invited to attend a reception in Washington, D.C. Two runner-up winners will have their artwork displayed in the Tucson or Sierra Vista district offices. The deadline for submission is 5 pm., Fri., April 10 to the Tucson district office m 4400 East Broadway Blvd., Suite 510 or the Sierra Vista district officem 77 Calle Portal, Suite B-160. Guidelines HERE. For information call the Tucson office at (520) 881-3588.
CALENDAR OF EVENTS
WEDNESDAY, MARCH 18
· The Verde Valley Republican Women Luncheon is held the 3rd Wed of the month at the Sedona Rouge Hotel & Spa, 2250 E Hwy 89A, Sedona. $17 each. Speaker: Drake Mitchell of the AZ Citizens Defense League will address gun owner registration. Verde Valley Fire Chief Nazih Hzaine will talk about fire safety. RSVP - Erma Sesek - 928-284-4248 or Sesek@q.com.
· The Pinal County Republicans Booth will be open between March 18 and 22 at the Pinal County Fair Grounds.
· The Eastside Republican Club will meet at 6:30 pm., Wed., March 18 in the Bear Canyon Library Community Rm, 8959 E Tanqu Verde to hear Tucson District 1 Supervisors Ally Miller address "Transparency & Accountability" (map)
· The Palo Verde Republican Women Luncheon is scheduled at 11:30 am., at the Grayhawk Golf Club, 8620 East Thompson Peak Parkway, Scottsdale. Social 11 am. Lunch $25. Frank Riggs, President/CEO of Scottsdale-based Joe Foss Institute, will be the speaker. RSVP: Contact Edith Stock, firstname.lastname@example.org or call 480-298-7818 for reservations.
· The Western Pinal Republican Club meets at 6:30 pm., Wed., March 18 at Eva's Mexican Food, 2033 North Pinal Avenue, Casa Grande, AZ. Check in – 5:30 pm. Contact: Harold Vangilder, email@example.com http://wprc-az.org/
· Former Sheriff Richard Mack will address Freedom Fires at 7 pm., March 18 at the Faith Christian School, 7464 E Main St., Mesa. Doors open at 6 pm. A graduate of the FBI National Academy, Mack and six other sheriffs from across the country, challenged the constitutionality of the Brady Bill in 1994. (States would be required to enforce the "Brady Bill" and run background checks at their expense) ultimately, they fought it all the way to the United States Supreme Court, where they won a monumental decision for freedom. Admission $2.50 for adults (17 and under – free). FreedomFires.com.
THURSDAY, MARCH 19
· The Tempe Republican Meetup is scheduled at 6:30 pm., at the Boulders on Broadway, 530 W Broadway Rd. No speakers. No agenda. Just good food, good fun, good people.
· The Colorado River Tea Party - Yuma will meet at 6 pm., at the Community Christian Church, 6480 E Hwy 95, Yuma, to hear Nat'l Director of AZ Republican Assembly A J LaFaro address “Ballot Harvesting, Stuffing, And Tampering And Closing The Republican Primaries” in Arizona. Contact: Chr Sally Kizer firstname.lastname@example.org 928-210-1219 www.coloradoriverteaparty.org
· The Superstition 9.12 Tea Party Patriots will meet at 6:30 pm., Thurs., March 19 at the Roadhaven Resort, Cantina Restaurant, 1000 S Idaho Rd., Apache Jct., AZ 85119. Contact: 480-983-9211, email@example.com http://superstition912teapartypatriots.ning.com
· The San Tan Republican Club will meet at 6 pm., Thurs., March 19 at the Sheriff's Substation, 155 W. Combs Road, San Tan Valley. Contact: Chr Paul Messinger, (480) 358-4046 firstname.lastname@example.org
· The Patriots of SaddleBrooke will meet at 10 am., Thurs., March 19 in the Coyote Room, SaddleBrooke HOA 1 Clubhouse, 64500 E. SaddleBrooke Blvd., Tucson, AZ 85739. Chr Ted Kennedy, (520) 818-0014, email@example.com
· LD25 will meet at 7 pm, March 19 (3rd Thru) at 640 N Mesa Drive Mesa, AZ. Doors open at 6:45 pm. Speakers: Rep. Justin Olson and Sen. Kelli Ward. Contact: 1VC Haydee Dawson firstname.lastname@example.org
· LD24 Will Entertain Attorney General Mark Brnovich during its 7 pm., Thurs., March 19 meeting scheduled at AZGOP headquarters, 3501 N. 24th St., Phx. Sign-in 6:30 pm. Gina McCracken will provide refreshments. Program Chairman Carole Joyce reports that State Treasurer Jeff DeWit will speak at the April 16 meeting. Maricopa County Attorney Bill Montgomery is slated for the May meeting.
· The Chino Valley Pachyderm will meet at 6 pm., Thur., March 19 at the Bonn Fire Restaurant, Hwy 89 in Chino Valley to hear Trevor Laky from the Heritage Foundation. Reservations required. RSVP: Sue Goodchild email@example.com or 636-7355.
FRIDAY, MARCH 20
· The Tempe Republican Women are in need of donations for their March 20 and 21 garage sale. Call 480-306-2545 or email firstname.lastname@example.org to arrange for pick up or drop off. They also need volunteers to help staff the weekend sale.
· The Republican Women of Pinal County at 10:30 am., March 20 - 3rd Friday of each month- at 64500 E. SaddleBrooke Road, Tucson.
· The Quail Creek Republican Club is scheduled to meet Fri., March 20 in the Madera Clubhouse, 2045 East Quail Crossing Boulevard, Green Valley, AZ 85614 (map) to hear Ray Carroll. Contact Lee Cornelison at 980-333-1759.
· The Gila County Republican Committee Lincoln Dinner is scheduled at 6 pm., March 20 at the Rim Golf Club, Payson. Speakers: Congressman David Schweikert and Attorney General Mark Brnovich. Contact: 928-951-6774.
· The Las Fuentes Village Forum meets at 3 pm., March 20 at 1045 Scott Dr., Prescott. Speakers: Prescott Police Chief Jerold Monahan and Prescott Fire Chief Dennis Light. Contact: Jacquie Auwarter 928 776 7453.
SATURDAY, MARCH 21
· LD21 Is Hosting Precinct Committeeman (PC) Training at 9 am, Sat., March 21at the West Valley GOP Office at 10050 W. Bell Rd. Suite 50, Sun City. Open to any Arizona PC. The suite is located on the east side of the building facing 99th Ave. This is a great opportunity for new PCs or long time party workers to learn about the party structure, party meetings and elections, and effective grassroots activist practices. RSVP to 1st Vice Chair Chris Herring at ChrisHerringAZ@yahoo.com
· The Pinal County Republicans will meet at 10 am, Sat., March 21 at the Historic 1891 Courthouse, 135 N. Pinal Street, Florence, AZ 85132 Agenda: 8:20am PCRC Executive Committee Meeting. 9:45 am Coffee, 10 Call to Order. Adjourn no later than 11:30 am. AREAmap1 FlorenceMap
· A Cruisin’ With Bill Gates North 32nd Community Event is scheduled between 8 am and noon, Sat., March 21 on the NE corner of 32nd St/Shea Blvd in
ü 8 am - Noon: Local Business Open Booths
ü 8 -9 am: Registration & Refreshments, Bike Rodeo & Car Seat Safety Check
ü 9 am: Bike Raffle Giveaway
ü 9-10 am:Community Bike Ride
ü 10am - Noon: Open Booths
ü Bike Helmets (ages 5-18 while supplies last)
For a complete list of booths, visit www.phoenix.gov/district3
· The Arrowhead Republican Women’s “Diamonds Are A Girls Best Friend’ fundraiser luncheon/fashion show is scheduled at noon, Sat., March 21. Doors open at 11 am for shopping and socializing at the Briarwood Country Club, 20800 135th Ave., Sun City West, AZ. Raffles, entertainment, prizes and vendors offering specialty items. Special guests include Former State Attorney General Tom Horne, Senats Debbie Lesko and Judy Burges, Reps David Livingston and Phil Lovas. $35 each. RSVP: Contact Judi Bourd: 623-433-9449 or Jacky Oh: 602-481-0751.
· LD 2 will meet at 9 am, Sat., March 21 at 2908 S 4th Ave., South Tucson, Arizona 85713 (map)
· LD 3 will meet at 9 am., Sat., March 21 at the Golden Corral, 6385 S Midvale Park Road, Tucson, AZ 85746. (map)
· LD 10 will meet at 9:30 am., Sat., March 21 at Murphy-Wilmot Branch Library, 530 N Wilmot Road, Tucson, AZ 85710, United States (map)
· The Yavapai County Republicans Lincoln/Reagan Dinner and the "Wearing of the Green" dinner is scheduled at 6:30 pm, March 21 at the Prescott Resort. 5:30 pm cocktails. Sen Jon Kyl has been invited to be the speaker. Confirmation pending. Congressman Paul Gosar and David Schweikert will be in attendance..Contact: Nettie Lamerson 928-499-0344, or call Republican HQ 928-776-4500.
· The AZ Heroes To Hometowns “Salute A Soldier 5K” is scheduled Sat., March 21 starting at Freestone Park, 1045 E Juniper, Gilbert. Enter now for the $10 discounted registrations fees to the 5K run/1mile walk. Cost: $40 5K Run or $25 1 Mile Walk (family rates available). Race ceremonies start promptly at 7:45 am. The 1 mile walk starts at 8 am, followed by the 5K run at 8:20am. Registration: www.AZHeroestoHometowns.org fill out the registration and use PayPal. Contact: www.AZHeroestoHometowns.org for information or sponsorship or Kathy Pearce email@example.com or 480-330-1632.
The Fountain Hills Republican Club will hold its annual fundraising breakfast Sat., March 21 at the Community Center, 13001 N LaMontana Dr., Speaker: Attorney General Mark Brnovich. $12 advance membership tickets. $15 non-members or pay at the door. Reservations: Treasurer, Fountain Hills Republican Club, P.O. Box 17814, Fountain Hills, AZ 85269. Contact: Nicole Oswald, RepLady2015@outlook. com or 480 837-7878 or Fountain Hills Republican Club firstname.lastname@example.org
Monday, March 23
· Tempe Republican Women will meet at 6:30 pm., Mon., March 23 at the Pyle Rec Center, 655 E Southern Ave., Tempe, to hear County Attorney Bill Montgomery and Attorney Marc Victor will debate the effects of Marijuana legalization. Moderator: Shane Krauser. Contact: President: Jessica Merrow 480-306-2545.
Tuesday, March 24
Ahwatukee Republican Women's Club will meet (4th Tues) March 24. (6:30 pm networking. 7 pm mtg) at the Clarion Hotel, 5121 E. La Puente Ave. I-10 & Elliot Rd., Phx. Speaker: House Majoirity Leader Rep. Steve Montenegro. Contact: President Debbie Smith ARWomen@aol.com or email@example.com 480-616-9193 www.ahwatukeerepublicanwomen.com.
· Sheriff-Joe-Plea-Rein-In-Obama-Power-Grab 'Constitutional Govt In U.S. Would End In All But Name'
· The Silencers “If It Were Not For Double-Standards, Liberals Would Have No Standards At All.”
· ‘A Toddler In The White House’: Obama’s Mean-Spirited Act At Gridiron Dinner Ignites Media Scorn At Saturday Night’s Gridiron Club Dinner, Where Speakers Are Expected To Engage In Good-Natured Ribbing, President Obama Used The Occasion Instead To Pour On The Mean.
BILL AND HILLARY
· ‘Quite An Admission!’ James Carville ‘Suspects’ Hillary Of Using Private Server To Hide Emails From Congress Intending To Dismiss The Hillary Clinton Email Scandal As “A Bunch Of People Flapping Their Jaws About Nothing,” Media Matters’ James Carville Stuck His Foot In His Own Jaw . . .
· BAM! Sheriff David Clarke Calls Out Holder Over ‘Damn Punk’ Arrested In Cop Shootings Sheriff David Clarke’s Frustration Was Boiling Over.