- ► August (16)
- ► July (31)
- ► June (30)
- ► May (31)
- ► April (24)
- ► March (27)
- ► February (28)
- ► January (31)
- ► December (29)
- ► November (30)
- ► October (31)
- ► September (32)
- ► August (31)
- ► July (31)
- ► June (30)
- ► May (30)
- ► April (30)
- ► March (31)
- ► February (28)
- ► January (31)
- ► December (30)
- ► November (29)
- ► October (31)
- ► September (29)
- ► August (32)
- ► July (25)
- ► June (21)
- ► May (31)
- ► April (30)
- ▼ March (30)
- ► February (29)
- ► January (31)
- ► December (28)
- ► November (30)
- ► October (32)
- ► September (29)
- ► August (32)
- ► July (31)
- ► June (27)
- ► May (31)
- ► April (36)
- ► March (42)
- ► February (35)
- ► January (34)
- ► December (39)
- ► November (35)
- ► October (42)
- ► September (37)
- ► August (35)
- ► July (37)
- ► June (37)
- ► May (21)
- ► April (33)
- ► March (39)
- ► February (36)
- ► January (38)
- ► December (39)
- ► November (32)
- ► October (37)
- ► September (39)
- ► August (42)
AZ Republican Briefs
Briefs Editor Frosty Taylor firstname.lastname@example.org
Web Master John Strasser
Sunday, March 22, 2015
· Condolences To The Bill Bridwell Family. Well known, well-liked, long-time GOP activist Bill Bridwell of Casa Grande passed away suddenly today surrounded by family. He lost his beloved wife about a year ago. Some of his GOP activities included CD1 Member at large, AZGOP Assistant Sergeant At Arms, Pinal County Republican Committee and Precinct Committeeman for years, and Charter member and past President of the Western Pinal Republican Club. He was a 2008 Republican National Convention representative. He also served as a Casa Grande Planning and Zoning Commissioner. Services details tba.
· AZ Lawmakers Son Dies After Serious Car Accident Condolences to the Steve Pierce family.
· Former AZGOP Chairman Tom Morrissey: Bill Bridwell was someone who I came to know when I served as Chairman for the AZ GOP. He had a commanding presence and was not timid about expressing his views, a quality I admired. He walked his talk and was extremely generous to our party by providing us with office space in the Casa Grande area, which was a tremendous asset in our Latino outreach efforts. There are those “who do” and those who “talk about doing”. It is not difficult to identify which of those groups Bill fit into. May God grant his family the peace of knowing that Bill is with Him.
· Protect-Veteran-Educational-Benefits-Stop-Hr-476 This Bill discriminates against Veterans wishing to use their benefits to become professional pilots. House Bill HR 476 titled: "GI Bill Education Quality Enhancement Act of 2015" will eliminate the opportunity for Veterans to become professional pilots after serving their Country and earning their Post 9/11 GI Bill Benefits. If passed, HR 476 "Prohibits VA from including flight training fees in the in-state tuition and fees at public institutions of higher education (IHEs) that are covered by post-9/11 veterans' educational assistance." See https://www.congress.gov/bill/114th-congress/house-bill/476 This bill places an immediate CAP on the ANNUAL, TOTAL tuition & fees covered by the Post 9/11 GI Bill by including PUBLIC as well as private colleges in the annual CAP! These effects are immediate and will apply to ALL current and FUTURE Veterans who wish to use their earned benefits to become professional pilots. Moreover, Veterans currently enrolled in Flight Training will lose their funding.
· Out-Of-Yemen; US-Is-Hobbled-In-Terror-Fight The evacuation of 125 United States Special Operations advisers from Yemen in the past two days is the latest blow to the Obama administration’s counterterrorism campaign, which is already struggling with significant setbacks in Syria, Libya and elsewhere in the volatile region, American officials said Sunday.
· CNN.com U.S. Senator Ted Cruz of Texas has announced his candidacy for the Republican presidential nomination. "I'm running for President and I hope to earn your support!" he tweeted early Monday. Cruz, 44, will be the first candidate to formally throw his hat in the ring for what's expected to be a crowded GOP primary.
· The Ahwatukee Republican Women will gather at 7 pm., Tues., March 24 to hear Frank Riggs, President & CEO of the Joe Foss Institute and House Majority Leader/LD13 Rep Steve Montenegro. Social hour starts at 6:30 pm, at the Clarion Hotel, 5121 E LaPuente Ave., (I-10/Elliot Rd.,) Phx 85044. Contact: President Debbie Smith ARWomen@aol.com or email@example.com 480-616-9193 www.ahwatukeerepublicanwomen.com.
· The Yuma County Republicans will meet at 7 pm., Tues., March 24 at a new location - the Goodwill meeting room at 3097 S. 8th Ave., Yuma. Speakers are
LD 13 Sen Don Shooter and LD13 Rep Darin Mitchell (if the voting doesn't go too long at the Capitol). Contact: Sec Lorna Brooks firstname.lastname@example.org 928-317-9120
· Volunteers Are Needed to help at the Yuma County Republicans booth at the upcoming Yuma County Fair. To sign up contact Secretary/office mgr Lorna Brooks at Phone: 928-317-9120 email@example.com
· Jose Borrajero’s AZRRT Call To Action And Weekly Report Weekly update on what’s happening at the Arizona legislature. Fresh post every Saturday.
· The Yuma Freedom Library Wine Tasting and celebration of the Bill of Rights is scheduled between 6-9 pm., Thurs., March 26 at Yuma’s Main Squeeze, 251 S. Main St., Yuma, AZ. You will have an opportunity to bid on bottles of wine with a label for each of the 10 Amendments. All proceeds go to The Freedom Library Education and Scholarship Program. Contact: Sec Lorna Brooks firstname.lastname@example.org 928-317-9120
· McCain Attacks Graham, Flake: ‘No Republican Should Vote For’ Loretta Lynch’s Confirmation …McCain is sweating bullets as he looks over the potential field of candidates who are considering a run for the seat. Chortle!! Campaign season started early for McCain. He ususally doesn't start pretending to be conservative until about March of election year!
Popular American Legend Ted Nugent will address the Republican Party of Maricopa County’s Lincoln Dinner at 7 pm, Sat., March 28 at the Scottsdale Hilton Resort, 6333 N Scottsdale Road., Scottsdale, AZ 85250. The annual event recognizes precinct committee for their work over the past year. Executive Director April Riggins will chair the event, co-chaired by Liz Alcorn. Co-hosts include Congressmen Matt Salmon, David Schweikert and Trent Franks, County Attorney Bill Montgomery and Sheriff Joe Arpaio - who will take part in the awards presentations. Dinner tickets are $60 for precinct committeemen. Sponsorships are $1,000 per table or $125 per seat (available until sold out). $250 – Chairman’s Circle, VIP Greet and photo (following the dinner). Registrations open at 5:30 pm. Doors open at 6:30 pm. Checks payable to the Republican Party Of Maricopa County, C/O Liz Alcorn, 12040 N. 133rd Way Scottsdale, AZ 85259. RSVP or questions: Liz Alcorn at (602) 315-0349. Tickets online at https://www.eventbrite.com/e/ted-nugent-at-lincoln-day-dinner-2015-tickets-16036792478
· A. J. LaFaro, National Director of the Arizona Republican Assembly (AZRA) and Immediate Past Chairman of the Maricopa County Republican Committee (MCRC) is making presentations to Arizona County and Legislative District (LD) Committees, Republican Clubs, Tea Parties and Liberty Movements about
ü 1) ballot harvesting, stuffing and tampering and
ü 2) closing the Republican primaries here in Arizona
LaFaro is scheduled to speak to the
ü Surprise Tea Party on April 7.
Any County or Legislative District (LD) Committee, Republican Club, Tea Party or Liberty Movement interested in hearing LaFaro's presentation can
contact him at email@example.com
· Maricopa County Republican Activist Joe Hobbs is leading an effort to Censure the Federal Communication Commission (FCC) for its unconstitutional takeover of the Internet. Hobbs encourages organizations to download a copy of his resolution, discuss it at their meetings and fill in the name of your organization as indicated. Hobbs asks that his name remain on the censure document “as is.” Download at http://hobbs4az.com/blog/ Contact Hobbs at 480-381-2380 or firstname.lastname@example.org
· The Arizona Citizens Defense League is raffling two custom built AR-15 pistols by Forward Operating Base in Phoenix. AzCDL’s logo is laser etched on the lower of each pistol. The pistols are chambered for the 5.56 NATO round. Only 900 tickets will be sold. Each ticket represents 2 chances to win. Tickets are $10 each and can be purchased at gun shows and other events where AzCDL has a table. Tickets may also be purchased at AzCDL’s online store. The drawing for both pistols will be held on Sun, June 14, 2015. Contact: Arizona Citizens Defense League (AzCDL), an all-volunteer, non-profit, non-partisan grassroots organization
· Congressman Matt Salmon will address the LD17 Republican precinct committeemen at 7 pm., March 31 at the Tri-City Baptist Church Seminary Bldg, 2211 W Germann Road, Chandler, AZ 85286. Guest welcome.
· Congresswoman Martha McSally: This week's wrap-up.
ü Defending the A-10 - When it comes to protecting troops in harm’s way, there is no better aircraft to provide close air support than the A-10, which is why I’ve fought hard to keep it flying. During an Armed Services hearing this week, I questioned Air Force officials about what it would take to fund the A-10 next year and into the future. Video HERE .
ü Running for the cure - I joined over 4,000 Southern Arizonans to run the Susan G. Komen Race for the Cure in support of breast cancer research. Breast cancer is the most prevalent cancer in the world today, with about 1.3 million people diagnosed annually. It was great to see so many people show their support for finding a cure. Running as a part of Team EMS with Laura Baker and Jenn Atchley, Co-Chairs for the race and both breast cancer survivors.
ü Supporting the Tucson Mail Distribution Center - Southern Arizonans rely on the Cherrybell Distribution Center in Tucson for timely mail delivery of everything from our veterans’ medications from the VA to Social Security payments. They deserve answers about why the USPS has slated it for consolidation.
ü Letter with Reps Grijalva, Franks, Sinema, and Kirkpatrick calling on the USPS for answers HERE.
ü Recognizing outstanding service - This year, over 400 volunteers put in over 37,000 volunteer hours to support Saguaro National Park. We recognized their service at the Park's annual Volunteer Appreciation Luncheon. Volunteer at Park HERE.
ü Congressional Art Competition - Congressional Art Competition. The winner will receive a trip to Washington D.C. to attend a reception in their honor and see their art hung in the U.S. Capitol. Entry deadline by April 10. Info HERE.
· Trevor Loudon, Author of “The Enemies Within: Communists, Socialists And Progressives In The U.S. Congress,” that exposes the extreme Left’s infiltration of Capitol Hill - including profiles of 14 Senators and more than 50 Representatives and their ties to the Communist Party, Democratic Socialists of America, Workers World Party, etc will be touring Arizona in early April. His Arizona schedule:
ü April 6 – 11:30 am, Arizona Project mtg, 3375 E Shea Blvd #2, Phx.
o 2 pm., Clair Van Steenwyk (Van the Radio Man) radio show.
o 4 pm, James T. Harris Show, 1041 KQTH radio – Tucson : 1041kqth.com/shows
o 6:30 pm, Heirs of the Republic, U-Like Oriental Buffet, 5101 N Oracle Road, Oro Valley, AZ 85704
ü April 7 - 6:30 pm, Daisy Mountain Tea Party Patriots, Anthem Civic Bldg, 3701 W Anthem Way, Anthem, AZ 85086. daisymountainteapartypatriots
ü April 8 – 6:30 pm, Red Mountain Patriots & Freedom Fires, Faith Christian School, 7464 East Main St.,Mesa, AZ 85207 eastvalleyteaparty.com/
ü April 9 – 6:30 pm., Flagstaff Tea Party & Concerned Citizens For America, Church of the Nazarene, 55 Rojo Drive, Sedona, AZ 86351 http://cc4america.org/
ü April 10 – 6:30 pm., Grassroots Activisits, The Brand New Church, 1827 W Grovers Ave., Phx, AZ 85023.
ü April 11 – 9:45 am, Moral Action Ministry, North Scottsdale Christian Church, 28700 N Pima Road, Scottsdale, AZ 85262
o 6:30 pm, Payson Tea Party, Tiny’s Family Restaurant, 600 E Hwy 260, Payson, AZ 85541 Tiny’s Family Restaurant, 600 E Hwy 260, Payson, AZ 85541 paysonteaparty.org/
· The Republican National Committee (RNC) released a new video, ‘Stay Secretive, My Friends,’ to highlight Hillary Clinton’s long history of secrecy and hypocrisy. Almost every day now, the public is learning new details about Hillary Clinton’s failure to be transparent about her use of private email or her foundation’s acceptance of foreign donations. “Hillary Clinton certainly fits the description of ‘the least transparent person in the world.’ Clinton refuses to answer simple questions about her use of personal email and a secret server—and on a whole host of other issues. It is time for Hillary Clinton to come clean and give the American people the answers they deserve,” said RNC Chairman Reince Priebus. Watch Video HERE
· Former Secretary of State Hillary Clinton (D) pledged to President Obama in 2008 "to publish all the donors" to her family's foundation "on an annual basis to ease concerns that as secretary of state she could be vulnerable to accusations of foreign influence. At the outset, the Clinton Foundation did indeed publish what they said was a complete list of the names of more than 200,000 donors and has continued to update it. But in a breach of the pledge, the charity's flagship health program … stopped making the annual disclosure in 2010." (Reuters)
· "The Clinton Foundation Swore Off Donations from foreign governments when … Clinton was secretary of state. That didn’t stop the foundation from raising millions of dollars from foreigners with connections to their home governments. … All told, more than a dozen foreign individuals and their foundations and companies were large donors to the Clinton Foundation in the years after … Clinton became secretary of state in 2009, collectively giving between $34 million and $68 million." (Wall Street Journal)
CALENDAR OF EVENTS
MONDAY, MARCH 23
· Tempe Republican Women will meet at 6:30 pm., Mon., March 23 at the Pyle Rec Center, 655 E Southern Ave., Tempe, to hear County Attorney Bill Montgomery and Attorney Marc Victor will debate the effects of Marijuana legalization. Moderator: Shane Krauser. Contact: President: Jessica Merrow 480-306-2545.
· The Tucson Republican Women’s luncheon is scheduled at 11:30 a.m., Mon., March 23 at the Radisson Suites Resort, 6555 E Speedway, Tucson. Speakers: Dr. John McElroy and Dr.Onyria McElroy More Information
TUESDAY, MARCH 24
Ahwatukee Republican Women's Club will meet (4th Tues) March 24. (6:30 pm networking. 7 pm mtg) at the Clarion Hotel, 5121 E. La Puente Ave. I-10 & Elliot Rd., Phx. Speaker: House Majoirity Leader Rep. Steve Montenegro. Contact: President Debbie Smith ARWomen@aol.com or email@example.com 480-616-9193 www.ahwatukeerepublicanwomen.com.
· Arizona Republican Lawyers Association (AzRLA) will meet at 11:45 am., Tues., March 24 at Polsinelli, One E. Washington, Ste. 1200., Phx. Speakers: John Phelps, Chief Executive Officer and Executive Director of the State Bar of Arizona, and Jared Blanchard, Attorney at the Goldwater Institute, will address mandatory membership in the State Bar and the recent attempts in the Arizona Legislature to overturn that requirement. One hour of Ethics CLE credit for all attendees. $20 for members, $35 for non-members. RSVP to firstname.lastname@example.org
· The Pinal County Republican Committee’s District 5 meeting is scheduled at 7 pm., Tues., March 24 (last Tues) at the Pinal County Justice Court Building, 575 N Idaho Rd #200, Apache Junction, AZ 85119. Contact: Beth Hallgren, 602-369-2495, email@example.com http://www.pcrcd5.org/
· The Tucson Republican Women Luncheon is scheduled at 11:30 am, Mon., March 23 at the Radisson Suites Resort 6555 E. Speedway., Tucson. Speakers: Dr. John McElroy and Dr. Onyria McElroy (map)
· The Pima County Republican Women Dinner with Supervisor Ally Miller is scheduled at 5:30 pm, Thurs., March 26 at 6555 E Speedway Blvd, Tucson, AZ 85710, USA (map). Contact: Tiana Smith at 520-886-3681.
· The Pima County Republican Club will meet at 11:30 am., Tues., March 24 at the Sabbar Center, 450 S Tucson Blvd., Tucson. Speaker: Governor’s Southern Arizona Liaison Juan Ciscomani. Contact: PCRP HQ firstname.lastname@example.org (520) 321-1492.
· The Fountain Hills Republican Club's "GOP Social" will be 6 p.m., Tues, March 24 at Sunridge Canyon Golf Course, 13100 N Sunridge Drive, Fountain Hills, AZ. Social event, no speeches. RSVP not required. Directions: take Shea to Palisades, go north to first stop light, on green turn signal, turn left unto Sunridge Drive. Club house entrance is on right before first street. Additional info, Boe James, Club Secretary, 480 588-7612 or email@example.com.
WEDNESDAY, MARCH 25
· The Estrella Conservative Republican Club and LD4 will meet at 7 pm., March 25 at Estrella Foothills High School. Speaker: Maricopa County attorney Bill Montgomery. Contact: Richard Newcomer t602-512-1340. firstname.lastname@example.org
Wisconsin Gov. Scott Walker will headline the Arizona Chamber of Commerce and Industry’s Leadership Series Luncheon on Wed, March 25 at the Sheraton Phoenix Downtown. Registration 11 am. Register Now $105 – member, $125 non-member. Precinct Committeeman, log in as a non-member, select AZGOP PC, and pay $50. AZ Chamber Leadership Series-Gov. Scott Walker Contact Cylee Gutting at email@example.com or (602) 248-9172 ext. 123 for more information and for sponsorship opportunities. az-chamber-leadership-series-gov-scott-walker
· Freedom Fires Will Meet at 6:30 pm., March 25 at the Burke Basic School, 131 E. Southern Ave., Mesa, AZ 85210. Speaker: Darla Dawald, former National Director of the "Patriot Action Network". Admission: $2.00 (17 and under are free) FreedomFires.com
THURSDAY, MARCH 26
· The Phoenix Boys Choir is offering the East Valley community a free concert on Thursday, March 26 at 6:30 p.m. at Mountain View High School, 2700 E. Brown Road, Mesa.
· The Maricopa Republican Club meets at 10 am., Thurs., March 26 (4th Thurs) at Villages Community Center, 0991 Butterfield, Maricopa, AZ. Contact: Brenda Hermanson, (480) 250-9085, firstname.lastname@example.org http:/www.maricoparepublicanclub.com/
· Pima County Republicans will be conducting outreach calls from 5:30-7:30 pm., Thurs., March 26 from the GOP office at 17 W Wetmore #300, Tucson. RSVP to Ralph Kayser at 520-313-2776 or email email@example.com.
· The Pima County Republican Women’s dinner with Supervisor Ally Miller is scheduled at 5:30 pm., Thurs., March 26 at 6555 E Speedway Blvd, Tucson, AZ 85710. Contact: Tiana Smith at 520-886-3681.
FRIDAY, MARCH 27
· The Republican Club of Green Valley/Sahuarita will meet at 9am, Fri., March 27 at Friends in Deed, 301 W. Camino Casa Verde, Green Valley. Speaker tba. Contact: PCRP HQ firstname.lastname@example.org
SATURDAY, MARCH 28
The Republican Party of Maricopa County Lincoln Dinner is at 7 pm., Sat., March 28 at the Scottsdale Hilton, Scottsdale. Speaker: Ted Nugent. Business attire recommended. PC tickets - $60. $125 per seat (non-PCs). $250 – Chairman’s Circle, VIP Greet and photo (following the dinner/award presentations). Tables for eight - $480. Registrations open at 5:30 pm. Doors open at 6:30 pm. RSVP or questions: Liz Alcorn at (602) 315-0349. Tickets online at https://www.eventbrite.com/e/ted-nugent-at-lincoln-day-dinner-2015-tickets-16036792478
· The Arizona Republican Assembly (AzRA) will meet at 9 am, Sat., March 28 at the Devonshire Senior Center, 2802 E Devonshire, Phx, 85016. Congressman David Schweikert is slated to speak, Jose Borrajero and the AZRRT will make a presentation on how to the Legislative Right to Speak Program and the Legislative Bill Tracking System. Legislative members of AzRA will give an overview of bills under current consideration. AzRA officials will also present it’s Legislative Bill Rating Scorecard.
· A Breakfast With Judge Clancy And The Arizona Capital Times staffers is scheduled at 8am, March 28 at the Deer Valley Airport Restaurant, 702 W Deer Valley Road, Phx. ACT staffers include Editors Jim Small, Tom Spratt, Luige del Puerto and reporters Hank Stephenson, Ben Giles, Gary Grado and Jeremy Duda. RSVP http://www.breakfastwiththejudge.com/rsvp.php
· Tempe Republican Women will canvas the Tempe area between 11am and 2 pm., Mar 28. Participants will meet at 10:30 am., at the Dunkin Donuts, 1830 E Warner Rd. where they will pick up t-shirts, walking lists, and flyers. Volunteers are cautioned to wear good walking shoes.
The 16th Annual Anthem Days are scheduled March 28 and 29 in Anthem Community Park where vendors will set up a business expo, arts & crafts, live musical entertainment, carnival, salsa contest, fishing with the Arizona Game & Fish Dept., food court with beer garden, kid zone with inflatables, free, 10 am – 4 pm, 623-742-6050 or http://www.onlineatanthem.com
LD1 (Maricopa County) Will Have A Booth between 10 am and 4 pm at the March 28 and 29 at Anthem Days, registering voters, handing out balloons and candy, and hosting elected officials such as Rep. Noel Campbell and Judge Gerald Williams. The Daisy Mountain Tea Party will be there to inform neighbors of Tea Party activities, especially Trevor Louden’s appearance at the 6:30 pm., April 7 meeting at the Anthem Community Civic Building. Contact LD1 Chairman Cathy Schwanke SchwankeLD1@gmail.com
· Ariozna Should Fight Useless Coal Regulations The Governor And Attorney General Should Fight Obama's Clean Power Plan.
· AZGOP financial reports filed/ AZ Sec of State azsos.gov/cfs/FilerDetail
· FEC Filing Updated/Current AZGOP Financials Info CandidateCommitteeDetail.do?canId
BILL AND HILLARY