- ► February (25)
- ► January (28)
- ► December (20)
- ► November (25)
- ► October (31)
- ► September (30)
- ► August (31)
- ► July (31)
- ► June (30)
- ► May (31)
- ► April (24)
- ► March (27)
- ► February (28)
- ► January (31)
- ► December (29)
- ► November (30)
- ► October (31)
- ► September (32)
- ► August (31)
- ► July (31)
- ► June (30)
- ► May (30)
- ► April (30)
- ► March (31)
- ► February (28)
- ► January (31)
- ► December (30)
- ► November (29)
- ► October (31)
- ► September (29)
- ► August (32)
- ► July (25)
- ► June (21)
- ► May (31)
- ▼ April (30)
- ► March (30)
- ► February (29)
- ► January (31)
- ► December (28)
- ► November (30)
- ► October (32)
- ► September (29)
- ► August (32)
- ► July (31)
- ► June (27)
- ► May (31)
- ► April (36)
- ► March (42)
- ► February (35)
- ► January (34)
- ► December (39)
- ► November (35)
- ► October (42)
- ► September (37)
- ► August (35)
- ► July (37)
- ► June (37)
- ► May (21)
- ► April (33)
- ► March (39)
- ► February (36)
- ► January (38)
- ► December (39)
- ► November (32)
- ► October (37)
- ► September (39)
- ► August (42)
Briefs Editor Frosty Taylor email@example.com
Web Master John Strasser
Saturday, April 11, 2015
· Americans-Must-Work-Jan-1-Through-April-24-Just-To-Pay-Taxes “Tax Freedom Day is the day when the nation as a whole has earned enough money to pay its federal, state, and local tax bill for the year,” explained the Tax Foundation. “Tax Freedom Day takes all federal, state, and local taxes and divides them by the nation’s income. In 2015, Americans will pay $3.28 trillion in federal taxes and $1.57 trillion in state and local taxes, for a total tax bill of $4.85 trillion, or 31 percent of national income.
· Congrats To The Top Legislative Winners at last night’s AZGOP Legislative Salute dinner at the Arizona Biltmore are:
ü LD25 Rep Justin Olson - Taxpayer Friend of the Year Award
ü LD13 Rep Darin Mitchell - Citizen Legislator of the Year
ü LD18 Rep Jill Norgaard - Rookie of the Year award.
· Attendees Report About 330 Attended the event Legislative Salute Dinner at the Arizona Biltmore. AZGOP Chairman Robert Graham’s 11 year old daughter lead the Pledge of Allegiance and Congresswoman Martha McSally sang the National Anthem. Gov Doug Ducey received several standing ovations. The Samoan Dance Group provided entertainment. Notables spotted in the audience included Congressmen Trent Franks, Paul Gosar, Matt Salmon, and Sen Matt Salmon. No sign of Sen John McCain. Phoenix City Council Jim Waring, State Treasurer Jeff DeWit, and GOP activists Sean Noble, Constantine Querard, Laddy Shane, Barry Wong, Carole Joyce, Joe Abate, Kathy Hedges, Robert Blue, George Cuprak, Scott Mussi, Barry Goldwater, Jr., and former state Treasurer Ernie Garfield also were spotted in the crowd.
· A Memorable Moment Occurred when Gov Doug Ducey and blogger Barbara Espinosa had their photo taken together at the gala event. Yes, the same Barbara Espinosa who harpoons Ducey everything he makes a wrong move. Ah, these kiss and make up moments. Our handsome young Gov does a quick recovery. Ducey’s kiss on the cheek photo session with Supt of Public Instruction Diane Douglas made headlines just a few weeks ago. Who is next on the spat recovery list???
· Maricopa County Republican Chairman Tyler Bowyer has directed an election be held to replace recently resigned LD13 Chairman Richard ‘Dick’ Landis, in accordance with the county party bylaws. Bowyer’s directive points out that ARS Title 16 stipulates that Legislative District bylaws should conform with county, state or national state bylaws. .. and that the LD13 bylaws include the same stipulation. See background stories at 4-9-15-briefs and 4-10-15-briefs
· AZGOP Chairman Robert Graham stirred up a Horne’s Nest when he told a LD18 PC Peggy McClain to “get a life” on “Tweeter” Easter night when she questioned his closing the April 18 AZGOP State Executive meeting to PCs as observers. Consequently, some of McClain’s fellow PCs are riled enough that they are planning to rally at 9 am, April 18 at AZGOP headquarters, 3501 N. 24th St., Phx., to “give Chairman Graham the chance to open the doors to us.” PCs interested in joining the “Get A Life” rally should contact McClain at firstname.lastname@example.org
· Speaking Of Closed State Committee Meetings Claims From The AZGOP: Add Randy Pullen to a former GOP Chairmen who did NOT close his State Meetings to observer PCs. Immediate past Chairman Tom Morrissey emphatically announced he had never closed the state committee meetings during this term either. So where did current chairman Robert Graham get the idea that prior meeting were closed??
· Jennifer Reynolds, publisher of Arizonans Against Common Core, wants to remind parents that ARS 1-601 and 1-602 explicitly protect parents rights. If your school officials give you a ration of trouble if you opt out of the AZMerit exam – send them a copy.
· Tom Morrissey, Immediate Past Chairman of the AZ GOP: As a retired Chief Deputy US Marshal I applaud New Mexico Governor Susanna Martinez for signing into law, a bill which no longer allows the unconstitutional seizure of assets by law enforcement agencies of those who are charged with crimes. Not (yet) convicted of same. I never felt comfortable, when as a deputy US marshal, I was part of the Asset Seizure and Forfeiture Program, where the government seized assets from those accused. True, there where many who were drug dealers and other law breakers who were charged. The US Marshals Service was the responsible federal agency to carry out the seizure, maintenance and eventual liquidation of these assets for the federal agencies who did the criminal charging. Governor Martinez, a former prosecutor, understands what was wrong with the law and has now corrected it so that it more closely aligns with our Constitution, in effect, protecting the citizens of her state. I would hope that the rest of these United States do the same... And also, I would encourage this Republican Party of ours to nominate Governor Martinez for Vice President in 2016. To me, she is the perfect example of whom we need in government.
· The Russell Pearce Talk Show airs live every Saturday between 6-7 pm, on KKNT960 AM The Patriot. Call in 602-508-0960. The April 4 guest is Dr. Harlan T. Stratton, who will be discussing “Illegal Alien And Disease Brought To America “with Pearce.
· “The 48th” Plays Every Saturday at 6 pm on AZTV featuring former GOP Executive Director Kurt Davis and former Dem Spokesman Frank Camacho.
· The American Veterans Center is accepting donations to help complete their documentary on the WWII Doolittle Tokyo Raiders. 99 year old Lt. Col. Richard E. Cole - Jimmy Doolittle's Co-Pilot and one of three surviving ‘Doolittle Raiders’– writes, “I'm one of the 80 men you might know as the Doolittle Tokyo Raiders. We are the men that did the unthinkable — we launched Army bombers from an aircraft carrier over enemy territory to show the Imperial Japanese military they were not invincible. Just four months after Pearl Harbor, no one ever thought this was possible. I heard someone say it was similar in today's world to flying a B-2 bomber off an aircraft carrier. Most of us crash landed or bailed out of our planes in China or along the coast. One plane landed in Russia, where its crew was interned for two years before escaping. Three Raiders were killed while bailing from their planes. Eight were captured by the Japanese — three were later executed, while another died in captivity. I'm 99 years old as I write this email and I'm one of only three surviving Raiders. I'm worried about how history will remember our mission, but I'm more worried about how few Americans will remember my fellow Raiders and the impact that their lives had on the rest of the world. The documentary will briefly retell the story of the planning, carrying-out, and the aftermath of the Raid. It is important to remind viewers why striking the Japanese Home Islands was so important to our national morale and to the battle in the Pacific.
This documentary is mostly about the men as individual - their personal experiences on the day of the Raid and in the years after. This is about life after the war –shared relationships that tied them together forever.
The American Veterans Center is partnering with Emmy-winning producer Tim Gray to create this documentary and has filmed interviews with me and the few surviving Raiders. The AVC is footing the bill for the film, but it's going to cost nearly $10,000 to finish editing the program. Cole says, “I hope you consider sending a gift for $25 or $42 (the year of the Raid). If you send $150 or more, I'll send you a collectors print that I personally signed.”
· The Sun City West Republican Club will met at 8:30 am., Sat., May 2 at the Sun City West Foundations building (Quail Room) 14465 R H Johnson Blvd., in Sun City West. Doors open at 8 am with coffee/donuts. $2 admission fee to cover cost of the room. Rae Lynne Chornenky, past president of the National Federation of Republican Women will address the group. Chornenky graduated MganaCum Laude from ASU, has served as a Superior Court Judge, a legislative attorney, was name one of the most influential women by the Junior League of Phoenix to name a few. Her list of accomplishment is too long to list here. Contact: email@example.com 602-421-8877.
· Sen John McCain on President Obama’s remarks in Panama: “It is undeniable that the version of the nuclear agreement outlined by the Obama Administration is far different from the one described by Iran's Supreme Leader - on inspections, sanctions relief and other critically important issues. These widely divergent explanations of the nuclear deal must be fully explained and reconciled if we are to give serious consideration to this agreement.I strongly agree with two of America's most eminent statesmen, former Secretaries of State Henry Kissinger and George Shultz, who last week laid out the serious consequences of this deal for our nation's security.”
· A Common Core Presentation will highlight the Mingus Mountain Republican Club luncheon at noon Tues., April 14 at the VFW Post 37400, 705 E Aspen St., in Cottonwood. The public is invited. Tim Carter, Yavapai County School Superintendent, is a strong supporter of Common Core. Gina Ray is a vocal opponent. MMRC Historian Jack Tinnell will discuss Alexander Hamilton. Click HERE for directions.
· The Arizona Project meets at 6:30 pm.,Mon., April 13 at 3375 E Shea., Phx., to hear a presentation from Russell Voorhees' on “Hydrogen - Is it the question or the answer to America's energy future? Contact: Chr Ron Ludders at 602-677-1496.
· AzCitizens Defense League (AzCDL) Legislative Update: Gov Doug Ducey has signed two more firearms related bills.
ü April 6, the Governor signed HB 2399 (Rep. Franklin Pratt, LD-8) that adds hunter harassment to the list of crimes that can suspend or revoke a hunting license.
ü April 9, the Governor signed SB 1189 (Senator Kelli Ward, LD-5), which will allow for the restoration of the right to keep and bear arms when certain convictions are set aside.
Still awaiting a decision by the Governor is
ü HB 2407 (Rep. David Stevens, LD-14), which would require strict compliance for the ballot measure requirements (signatures, dates, etc.). With Bloomberg’s gun owner registration ballot measure coming to Arizona, this bill is important. Comments on HB 2407 can be left at the Governor’s website. The status and summaries of bills that AzCDL monitored this session can be found on our Bill Tracking page.
Thanks those who have forwarded Senator Steve Pierce’s comments on
H-B 2320 to us.
ü HB 2320 is the AzCDL-requested bill that would have exempted CCW permit holders from being disarmed when entering state and local government property unless everyone entering is screened for weapons. AzCDL has formally replied to the assertions made by Senator Pierce. A copy has been posted on AzCDL’s Latest News page.
Now that the 2015 Legislative Session has ended, the immediate focus will be on stopping Bloomberg’s gun owner registration plans for Arizona. Stay tuned and get ready to fight for your rights! These alerts are a project of the Arizona Citizens Defense League (AzCDL), an all-volunteer, non-profit, non-partisan grassroots organization.
· Congresswoman Martha McSally, who has been in office 96 days, is reported raising over $640,000 in the first quarter of 2015. During the first quarter of 2015, over 7 out of every 10 donations came from small donors (under $50) and the average individual donation was less than $150. McSally's first quarter total gives her over $800,000 cash on hand to start the year.
· LD16 Will Meet At 7 Pm., April 16 to hear LD5 Sen Kelli Ward, a potential primary challenger to incumbent US Senator John McCain, and get legislative updates from Sen Dave Farnsworth, Reps Doug Coleman and Kelly Townsend, and a City of Mesa update by Kevin Thompson. Contact: Chr Trevor Hansen.
· The April 13 Concerned Veterans for America Rally in Phoenix commemorates the first year anniversary of the VA scandal. Speakers include Gov Doug Ducey and CVA CEO Pete Hegseth. Representatives from Arizona’s congressional offices will be on hand to provide assistance to veterans who having issues with the VA. RSVP to Matt Kenney at firstname.lastname@example.org or DVA Legislative/political Director Dan Caldwell at 602-999-0888.
· The Arizona Federation of College Republicans will host Congressman David Schwiekert At 6:30 pm., Sat., April 18 at the Scottsdale Plaza Resort, 7200 N Scottsdale Road., Paradise Valley AZ 85253. Tickets $75 per person or $140 per couple. Table of 10 - $650. RSVP: Zoey Kotzambasis at azcollegeGOP@gmail.com or 520-591-6191.
· The Arizona Department of Transportation continues to gather comments on the 2016-2020 Tentative Five-Year Transportation Facilities Construction Program while reaching out to the public and communities statewide for their input on the direction of the program over the next five years. Hearings are scheduled at 9 am:
ü April 17 - ADOT Admin Bldg Audit, 206 S 17th Ave., Phx.
ü May 15 - Town of Chino Valley Council Chambers, 202 N. State Route 89, Chino Valley, AZ 86323
ü June 19 - Pinetop-Lakeside Town Hall, 1360 N. Niels Hansen Lane, Lakeside, AZ 85929
The 2016-2020 Tentative Five-Year Program is available for public review and comment at azdot.gov/fiveyearplan. ADOT has developed a “how to read it” guide and welcomes feedback at email@example.com. A phone number is also available for public comments at 1-855-712-8530.
· Volunteers Are Needed For The Republican Booth At The Pima County Fair, April 16-26 in Tucson. Contact: Steven Fuentes at 433-2615 or email Hq@pimagop.org.
CALENDAR OF EVENTS
SATURDAY, APRIL 11
CD1 Candidate Gary Kiehne will address LD11 at 9:30 am., Sat., April 11, in the Oro Valley Library, More Information
· The North Central Arizona Chapter of The Arizona Republican Assembly organizational meeting will begin at 11 am., Sat., April 11 at Robbies Restaurant, 3460 East Beaver Creek Road in Rimrock. AzRA State Executive Board members will be in attendance. AzRA membership is restricted to committed conservatives only. . RSVP Rose firstname.lastname@example.org or Jacque email@example.com for a lunch head count for the restaurant
· LD 9 will meet at 9 am, Sat., April 11 at La Paloma Urgent Care, 4001 E. Sunrise Dr. Tucson, 85718. Speakers will be AZ Secretary of State Michele Reagan and LD5 Sen Kelli Ward. Contact: Prog Chr Kate Reynolds (520.296.4944) or Chairman Brad Johns (520.250.9763).
LD17 Precinct Committee Training is scheduled from 10 am until noon, Sat., April 11. Contact: Chairman Shadow Asgari at LD17shadow@gmail.com
· A Coffee And Cocoa Club Breakfast with Sen Jeff Flake and Rep Jason Chaffetz is scheduled at 8 am., April 11 at the Phoenix Airport Marriott. Registration at 7:30 am. $50 includes membership, breakfast and hot beverage mug. Register here.
· The Paradise Republican Women scheduled their bingo fundraiser for Sat., April 11 at Gainey Golf Club, 7600 E. Gainey Golf Club Drive, Scottsdale AZ 85258. 10:30am Social 11am Program. $30 per person. RSVP by April 8. RSVP by April 8, 2015 or mail your check and reservation to: PRWC, PO Box 14425, Scottsdale, AZ 85267 www.prwc.org
· The Mohave County GOP District 1 Lincoln Day Dinner is scheduled at 5 pm., April 11 in Kingman, featuring Gov Doug Ducey. Contact: 928-279-3950.
· The Graham County Republican Committee Lincoln Day Dinner will be held at 6 pm., April 11 at the Gherald Hoopes Activity Center on the campus of Eastern Arizona College. Contact/RSVP: 928-651-0455
· The Glendale Police Department and Council member Tolmachoff will host an April Shred Event between 8-11 am, April 11 at Highland Lakes School, 19000 N 63rd Ave., Glendale, AZ. This free service is a valuable resource that helps residents properly dispose of personal information that can lead to identity theft. Each household is limited to three banker’s boxes and due to demand, the event may conclude if trucks are full. For further information, please contact Doreen Anderson with the Glendale Police Department at 623-695-0440.
· ERAU College Republicans And Yavapai County Young Republicans invited the whole family to a BBQ between 11 am-3 pm., Sat., April 11 at the Pool Ramada on the ERAU Campus. Free food, raffle prizes, speakers, fellowship and fun. Speakers: LD-1 Rep Noel Campbell and Quang Nguyen of Patriot Network TV. RSVP by April 4 to Joey Cilano 928-420-4751 or ERAU.firstname.lastname@example.org.
· Sen Jeff Flake’s First Breakfast in the 114th Congressional Coffee and Cocoa Cup Club series is scheduled at 8 am., Sat., April 11 at the Phoenix Airport Marriott, 1101 N 44th St., Phx., featuring Congressman Jason Chaffetz (UT-03) Chairman, House Oversight Committee. Registration begins at 7:30 am. Program/breakfast 8 am. Limited seating. $50 for a 114th Congressional CCC Series membership, breakfast, and a souvenir hot beverage mug. RSVP by Wed April 8. Table reservations: email@example.com or call Hieu Tran at 480-634-3898.
· Author Trevor Loudon www.TrevorLoudon.comwill discuss his book “The Enemies Within: Communists, Socialists and Progressives in the US Congress” and a new documentary film "The Enemies Within" between 9:45 am and noon, Sat., April 11 at the North Scottsdale Christian Church, 28700 N. Pima Rd. Scottsdale, AZ. 85266, – Donations & vendors welcome. Contact: Mark Singer-480-488-1388 firstname.lastname@example.org
· The Colorado River Tea Party’s Annual Tax Day Event is scheduled from 1-4 pm, Sat., April 11 at the Joe Henry Memorial Park. Bring folding chairs or blankets. Tables under Ramada #28. Free hot dogs, soda and water will be available. LD13 State Senator Don Shooter, who is the chairman of Senate Appropriations and vice chair of Natural Resources, and LD13 Rep Steve Montenegro will be speaking on the 52nd legislative sessions "bill's" impacting your TAX dollars. Howard Blitz of Freedom Library and Constitution Studies, will explain the original purpose of taxes. Yuma County Supervisor/radio talk show host Russ Clark will be the master of ceremonies. Contact: Chr Sally Kizer 928-210-1219 email@example.com
MONDAY, APRIL 13
· Concerned Veterans for America is hosting a Veterans Remembrance/Memorial event in honor of those affected by the Phoenix Veteran Affairs hospital, at 6 pm, Mon., April 13 in the Memorial Hall Steele Indian Park, Phoenix. Contact Local Director Matt Dobson at (480) 341-1924.
· A Summit to Fix Veterans Healthcare is planned at 6 pm., April 13 at Steele Indian School Park Memorial Hall. Details: here.
· The Yavapai Republican Men's Forum is scheduled at 11:30 am, April 13 at the St. Michael's Hotel Ballroom, 205 W. Gurley St., Prescott. Speaker: Yavapai County Community College Pres. Dr. Penny Wills and Vice-Pres. Dr. Clint Ewell. $18 per plate. RVSP deadline: noon, Thurs, April 9. RSVP: Bob Luzius at (928) 717-2551 or firstname.lastname@example.org
· The Highway 69 Republicans will meet at 6 pm., Mon., April 13 at the Puerta Vallart Restaurant, 11901 E Hwy 69, Dewey AZ 86327. 5 pm social. Speakers: Rep Karen Fann and Noel Campbell – update on bills. Order from menu. RSVP email@example.com or 928-632-4661. Elected officials always have an open invitation. http://www.highway69republicans.com
TUESDAY, APRIL 14
· The Sun Lakes Republican Club will feature "Marijuana-Legalization?" with Deborrah Miller, Substance Abuse Coalition Consultant, at its 6:30 pm., Tues., April 14 meeting in the Arizona Room of the Sun Lakes Country Club, 25601 S. Sun Lakes Blvd., Sun Lakes, AZ 85248. Open to the public. LD5 Sena Kelli Ward will discuss the status of health care from her perspective as a physician and the status of "Common Core" legislation from her perspective as the Chairman of the Senate Education Committee. LD17 Rep. Jeff Weninger will offer a brief update on the current AZ Legislative Session. See www.slgop.org, or contact Chr Mike Tennant, 480-802-0178.
· The Mingus Mountain Republican Club will meet at 11:14 am., April 14 at the VFW Post #7400, 705 E. Aspen St., Cottonwood, AZ. $11 per person. Speaker: Tim Carter, Yavapai County School Superintendent on Common Core Issues. RSVP with Niles Haton (928) 649-1643 or Mingus_Mountain@hotmail.com
· LD-29 Will Meet At 7 Pm., Tues., April 14 at Kings & Associates Realty, LLC
6006 N 83rd Ave, Suite 201, Glendale, Az 85303.Felix Garcia, candidate for City of Phoenix District 5 Councilman, will discuss his plans for Phoenix and the fall election. Contact: LD29 Chr Alan Gaugert 623-330-3622 firstname.lastname@example.org
· The Sahuarita Tea Party Patriots will meet at 6:30 pm., April 14 at the Triple Play Restaurant, 1570 W. Duval Mine Road to hear LD2 Rep Chris Ackerley, and Pima/Santa Cruz Counties Oath Keeper Chapter President Paul Fitch. Attorney & Constitutional Authority Kris Anne Hall’s video will be shown . No meetings in May, June, July & August. Next meeting is Sept 8, 2015. Sahuaritateapartypatriots
WEDNESDAY, APRIL 15
· The Tucson Eastside Republican Club will meet with Gov Doug Ducey’s Southern Arizona office director Juan Ciscomani at 6:30 pm., Wed., April 15 in the Golf Links Library Community Room, 9640 E Golf Links Rd, Tucson, AZ 85730. Contact: Parralee Schneider 250-5073 email@example.com
· The Verde Valley Republican Women's Luncheon is scheduled at 11 am., April 15 at the Sedona Rouge Hotel and Spa, 2250 Hwy 89A, Sedona, AZ. Speaker: Dr. Carl Goldberg will address Islamic ideology. RSVP: Erna Sesek (928) 284-4248 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
· Gov Doug Ducey Will Visit Pinal County Republicans at 5 pm, Wed., April 15 in the Sun City Anthem Union Center Ballroom,3925 N. Sun City Boulevard, Florence. Ducey will talk about his first 100 days in office, but the majority of his visit will be devoted to answering attendee questions in an informal setting. The Gov's visit is open to the public. Contact: Florence/Coolidge District Chr Barbara Manning email@example.com
THURSDAY, APRIL 16
· LD24 Will Meet With State Treasurer Jeff DeWit at 7 pm., Thurs., April 16 at AZGOP Headquarters, 3501 N 24th St., Phx. Sen Adam Driggs and Rep Kate Brophy-McGee, and Chairman Ken Bennett will be updating the group, along with Corporation Commissioner Susan Bitter-Smith. A little birdie tells us that Cindy Thomas is baking her fabulous Southern Brownies with pecans for refreshments. The LD24 Executive Board will meet one-half hour prior to the regular meeting. Contact: Corresponding Secretary Carole Joyce firstname.lastname@example.org
· Chino Valley Pachyderm Chairman Sue Goodchild has announced that Tom Jenney of Americans for Prosperity will address the group on April 16 at the Bonn Fire Restaurant in Chino Valley. Alex Meluskey, who has announced he is running again Sen John McCain for the Senate seat in 2016, will speak at the May 21 meeting.
· LD25 will meet at 7 pm, April 16 (3rd Thru) at 640 N Mesa Drive Mesa, AZ. Doors open at 6:45 pm. Speaker: Majority Leader Rep. Steve Montenegro. Contact: 1VC Haydee Dawson email@example.com
· The Colorado River Tea Party – Yuma will meet at 6 pm., Thurs., April 16. Contact: Chr Sally Kizer - firstname.lastname@example.org
· Common Core Presentations: Tim Carter And Gina Ray. Click HERE For Directions To The VFW.
· Joy Pullman: Why This Mother Is Against Common Core. Youtube Video.
· AZ Border Defenders Updated Daily
· Need2No Border News Watch
JUDGE JEANINE PIRRO
· Judge-Jeanine-Jabs-Hillary; -Warning-Trey-Gowdy-Has-Her-Between-A-Rock-And-A-Hard-Place "You're a smart lady, Hillary.... But you may just have outsmarted yourself."
· This Nation-Sending-Muslims-Back To Their Won Countries … Here’s What Happened Next