- ► 2018 (17)
- ► December (20)
- ► November (25)
- ► October (31)
- ► September (30)
- ► August (31)
- ► July (31)
- ► June (30)
- ► May (31)
- ► April (24)
- ► March (27)
- ► February (28)
- ► January (31)
- ► December (29)
- ► November (30)
- ► October (31)
- ► September (32)
- ► August (31)
- ► July (31)
- ► June (30)
- ► May (30)
- ► April (30)
- ► March (31)
- ► February (28)
- ► January (31)
- ► December (30)
- ► November (29)
- ► October (31)
- ► September (29)
- ► August (32)
- ► July (25)
- ► June (21)
- ► May (31)
- ▼ April (30)
- ► March (30)
- ► February (29)
- ► January (31)
- ► December (28)
- ► November (30)
- ► October (32)
- ► September (29)
- ► August (32)
- ► July (31)
- ► June (27)
- ► May (31)
- ► April (36)
- ► March (42)
- ► February (35)
- ► January (34)
- ► December (39)
- ► November (35)
- ► October (42)
- ► September (37)
- ► August (35)
- ► July (37)
- ► June (37)
- ► May (21)
- ► April (33)
- ► March (39)
- ► February (36)
- ► January (38)
- ► December (39)
- ► November (32)
- ► October (37)
- ► September (39)
- ► August (42)
Briefs Editor Frosty Taylor email@example.com
Web Master John Strasser
Tuesday, April 14, 2015
· Judicial Watch President Tom Fitton will appear on "America's Newsroom with Bill Hemmer and Martha MacCallum" on the Fox News Channel during the 10 am ET tomorrow, Wed, April 15, regarding today's exclusive report from Judicial Watch that ISIS is operating a camp just a few miles from El Paso, Texas, according to Judicial Watch sources. The exact location where the terrorist group has established its base is about eight miles from the U.S. border, in an area known as "Anapra," situated just west of Ciudad Juárez in the Mexican state of Chihuahua. Another ISIS cell to the west of Ciudad Juárez, in Puerto Palomas, targets the New Mexico towns of Columbus and Deming for easy access to the United States, the same Judicial Watch sources confirm.
· RidersUSA Are Planning A Rally And Protest from 3-7 pm., Fri., April 17 in front of the Pima Community College Center for the Arts, 2201 W Anklam Rd., Tuscon in protest of the ‘Open Borders and Anti-American policies’ of Congressmen Raul Grijalva and Luis Guiterrez who are scheduled to conduct an open forum starting at 5:30 pm in the facility. RidersUSA along with other Motorcyclists and Cages (SUV's and cars) from Phoenix will stage at 3 pm at Love's Truck Stop - Exit 162 off the I-10, I-10 & Sun Dust Rd., Chandler, AZ 85226-5126. (520) 796-1185. Departure (KSU): 3:30pm. If you need a ride from Phoenix (bike or car) email. Bring water and your favorite anti-Amnesty, signage and messaging to reflect how you feel about the egregious disregard of our Rule Of Law and consistent undermining of American Sovereignty by these two congressmen.
· AZGOP Chairman Robert Graham stirred up a Horne’s Nest when he told a LD18 PC Peggy McClain to “get a life” on “Tweeter” Easter night when she questioned his closing the April 18 AZGOP State Executive meeting to State Committeemen and PCs as observers. Consequently, some of McClain’s fellow PCs are riled enough that they are planning to rally at 9 am, April 18 at AZGOP headquarters, 3501 N. 24th St., Phx., to “give Chairman Graham the chance to open the doors to us.” PCs interested in joining the “Get A Life” rally should contact McClain at firstname.lastname@example.org
· LD19 Precinct Committee Joe Hobbs is on a short contract assignment with the US Census Bureau through the end of June. The Census Bureau hours will be limited to no more than 40 hours per week. Hobbs expects to cover the majority of his LD and MCRC assignments. – LD19 Joe Hobbs 480-381-2380 email@example.com
UPDATE – Blackburn House Bill 1212, if passed, can restore our Internet and can completely reverse the FCC “Net Neutrality” regulated debacle. Three of our congressional delegation seems to be on board – David Schweikert, Trent Franks and Paul Gosar. Please contact the others. – LD19 Joe Hobbs 480-381-2380 firstname.lastname@example.org
· In an effort to streamline LD22 monthly meetings, Chairman Eric Morgan is restricting his agenda into two parts: a formal business meeting, immediately followed by a less formal program meeting. Morgan’s new format will go into effect during the April 20 meeting. PCs are asked to send their business mtg agenda items to Secretary Van DiCarlo at email@example.com. The program portion of the agenda will include announcements and discussion from the floor on issues that do not require a vote that night .
· LD5 Sen Kelli Ward’s Exploratory Committee is ‘testing the waters’ in deciding whether Ward should take on incumbent Sen John McCain is accepting donations at contribute
· The LD23 Legislative Buffet Breakfast is scheduled at 9 am, Sat., May 9 at the Scottsdale Plaza Resort, 7200 N Scottsdale Road, Paradise Valley featuring Secretary of State Michele Reagan, Sen John Kavanagh and Reps Michelle Ugenti and Jay Lawrence. Check in at 8:30 am. $40 per person. Checks payable to LD23 Republican Committee, 8776 E Shea Blvd, #106-341, Scottsdale, AZ 85260. Reservation deadline – May 6. Contact: Liz Alcorn 602-315-0349.
· LD16 Will Meet At 7 Pm., April 16 to hear LD5 Sen Kelli Ward, a potential primary challenger to incumbent US Senator John McCain, and get legislative updates from Sen Dave Farnsworth, Reps Doug Coleman and Kelly Townsend, and a City of Mesa update by Kevin Thompson. Contact: Chr Trevor Hansen.
The Pinal County Republican Committee is having its regular meeting at 9 am., Sat., April 18 at the Old Historic Court House in Florence. All the Republican Club Leaders in Pinal County are invited to attend. We will have a program that includes getting to know each other, some training and some fun. Contact Chr Irene Littleton firstname.lastname@example.org
· LD22 PC Bob Richard Is Asking For Prayers for his wife Shirley, who is in the critical care unit with pneumonia at John C Lincoln Hospital – Deer Valley. Shirley also has small cell casonoma cancer in the bladder. No visitors. No phone calls, she must have complete rest without distractions. Bob will keep us posted.
· An Informal Meet And Greet for LD18 Rep Jill Norgaard is scheduled between 9-10 am., Sat., April 18 at the home of Matt and Tracy Baginski, 1402 E Silverwood Drive. RSVP: email@example.com or 602.684.4722
· Constitutional Conservatives LD20 Rep Anthony Kern and LD13 Rep Darin Mitchell will meet with Grassroots Tea Party Activists at 6:30 pm., Wed., April 15 at the Brand New Church Fellowship Hall, 1827 W Grovers, Phx (19th Ave/Grovers) to update guests on the legislative session.
· The Phoenix Federalist Society Lawyers Chapter is hosting a Lunch with U.S. Supreme Court Justice Antonin Scalia at noon, Tues., May 12 at the Ritz-Carltonk, 2401 E Camelback Road, Phx. Tickets: Event Website RSVP: Melissa Johnson at firstname.lastname@example.org
· The Rose Law Group is hosting a political breakfast between 8-9 am., Wed., April 22 in their offices at 7144 E Stetson Dr. #300, Scottsdale, AZ 85251 – featuring Gov Doug Ducey, Phoenix City Councilmen Sal DiCiccio and Bill Gates. RSVP: Melissa Johnson at email@example.com
· As Of April 13, All Three Of Tom Morrissey’s Sacred Search Metaphysical Mystery Series are in the top 30 of Amazon’s “Metaphysical Spiritual Fiction” genre. Sacred Chamber (#3), Sacred Music (#5) and Sacred Word (#27). Steven Seagal gave Morrissey some “very kind and encouraging words about In Search of the Sacred Chamber. Words which mean a lot to me coming from a brother law enforcement officer, master level martial artist and one of the most successful screen actors in the world. Morrissey warns the price is going up Amazon’s Kindle. He would appreciate it if you would write a review when you read his books. “Reviews are golden to authors such as me and are very much appreciated,” he said. Morrissey is immediate past AZGOP Chairman.
· Congressman Matt Salmon On President Barack Obama plans to remove Cuba from the State Department’s State Sponsors of Terrorism list: “When politics drives policy, you get some really bad policy—and that’s what’s happening here. The President is singularly focused on undermining America’s standing in the world and turning his back on the democratic values we hold dear. Through an obviously political ‘review’, the President now decrees that Cuba is no longer a sponsor of terrorism. In making this statement, the President overlooks the state of Cuba’s continued harboring of foreign terrorists and violent fugitives, and he intentionally disregards the state of Cuba’s illegal weapons shipments. Most importantly, he willfully dismisses the evidence linking Cuba to the terrorist group Hezbollah and other state sponsors of terrorism like Iran and Venezuela. With this blatant contempt for the facts, the President is endangering our nation with feckless policy, while emboldening a brutal regime merely 90 miles south of our shore that despises the very principles on which our nation was founded.”
· Gov Doug Ducey will launch a tour on Wed., April 15 to mark his 100th day in office with stops in Maricopa and Pinal Counties to highlight legislative accomplishments and hear from Arizona citizens, community leaders and business owners. Schedule: 10
ü 10 am forum at the state Capitol = Phoenix
ü 11 am - Signing Of Hb2128 And Lunch Roundtable – Phoenix
ü 2 pm - Signing Of Hb2591 And Tech Tour – Chandler
ü 5 pm - Anthem Community Forum - Florence
· Constitutional Party Platform Conservatives interested in forming an Arizona Republican Assembly (AzRA) chapter should contact firstname.lastname@example.org AzRA officers have organized six chapters and gathered over 200 members over the past couple of months. AzRA State President Thayer Verschoor says AzRA is well positioned to impact the Arizona political scene, stressing that AzRA is not a greet/meet, or a eat/retreat social club, nor a policy group; but a political organization tasked with changing the makeup of elected officials at all levels to Constitutional Conservatives. Since you cannot change the philosophy of those now in office, the only way to achieve that goal is to replace the RINOs with Constitutional conservatives, he emphasized.
· A fundraiser for Phoenix City Councilman Sal DiCicco was hosted in Scottsdale this evening by Gov Doug Ducey, Congressman David Schweikert, Councilman Jim Waring along with Reid Butler, David Ahir, Nick Wood, Manjula Vaz, Kevin Ransil, Scott Taylor, Dale Phillips, John Carlson, Pete TeKampe, Jake Hinman, Michelle Ahlmer and Tim Lawless.
· This Past Weekend The Arizona Republican Party presented six top GOP legislators with coveted awards at the Arizona Biltmore in Phoenix. Governor Doug Ducey provided the keynote address to a myriad of elected officials and party supporters from throughout Arizona. “Our event was a great success and we got a great start in raising funds to take us into the 2016 elections,” said AZGOP Chairman Robert Graham. “We joined with Governor Ducey to honor our legislators, and we’re proud to present these trophies to a select few Republican leaders who hold a special place in our hearts and in our party.” Awards were presented to
ü House Majority Leader Steve Montenegro: Legislator of the Year,
ü Representative Darin Mitchell: Citizen Legislator Award
ü Representative Justin Olson: Taxpayers BFF Award (Best Friend Forever)
ü Representative Jill Norgaard: Rookie Legislator of the Year Award
ü Senator Debbie Lesko: Arizona Republican Party Liberty Award
ü Senator Kimberly Yee: Arizona Republican Party Guardian of the Public Award.
Before Ducey’s address, more than 300 attendees were treated to Congresswoman Martha McSally’s singing of the Star-Spangled Banner followed by U. S. Senator Jeff Flake’s memorable invocation. Beautiful, talented Samoan dancers entertained the crowd, and invited a few guests onto the stage for a crash course in traditional dance moves from Samoa, all fueled by a powerful and complex percussion rhythm that caused more than a few toes to get tapping. A wickedly satirical video presentation provided a hilariously comic interpretation of the legislative session, and guests stayed long into the night visiting and enjoying the company of Arizona’s Republican legislators. “We know how important it is to pause and thank those of our elected officials who do so much of the heavy lifting in pursuit of our shared Republican principles, and it’s our duty to honor them as they make the same kind of personal sacrifices that grassroots party activists know all too well,” Graham concluded.
· AzRA State President Thayer Verschoor : Dark Money – Good or Bad? First, we have to define “dark money”. We can start by following Matthew 6:4 “to give in secret.” Giving of the rewards bestowed on us by the Creator – whether it be in the form of dollars or intellectual property – is required. Money is neither good nor bad, is a commodity and good or evil outcomes derive from its usage. I Timothy 6:10 says, "The love of money is the root of all evil." The problem we have on our political scene is not money, it is the fact that the love of money - and what it can buy in personal power - is being used by individuals and groups to undermine the Constitution and destroy our moral foundations. Transparency does not trump individual liberty, nor should it. We should be clearer in stating our objections to activities that contribute to societal decline. There are many occasions where a person is forced to fight evil secretly so evil-doers do not destroy them. Remember, many of our colonial heroes that were the bone and sinew of our American Revolution, acted and wrote under aliases or pen names in performing their good work. AzRA has a 501-c-3 component so people may give to restore and defend the Constitution and Republican Party Platform principles without being the target of those who want to restructure America into an amoral, socialist society. In spite of the specific actions and motives of individuals in Arizona, the Koch Brothers as a counter to George Soros is a good thing. In that context, I agree with Nick Drainias. We should not fall into the trap of assailing “dark” money or use terms like “crony capitalism” when the target should be the specific evil actions perpetrated by those who would destroy what was brought into fruition by our Creator.
· The Arizona Capitol Museum has brought together a collection of memorabilia to memorialize the life and legacy of former Governor Raúl Castro who passed away this past week. “Governor Castro overcame great odds to become Arizona's first and only Hispanic governor,” said Secretary of State Michele Reagan. “We hope the Museum’s tribute to Governor Castro will allow Arizonans to reflect on his life and legacy. Our thoughts continue to be with his family at this time.” Open Monday - Friday, 9 am – 4 pm. and Sat, 10 am-2 pm. Admission and parking are free.Parking is available in Wesley Bolin Plaza at 17th Avenue between Adams and Jefferson Streets. Contact: 602-926-3620.
· The Arizona Department of Transportation continues to gather comments on the 2016-2020 Tentative Five-Year Transportation Facilities Construction Program while reaching out to the public and communities statewide for their input on the direction of the program over the next five years. Hearings are scheduled at 9 am:
ü April 17 - ADOT Admin Bldg Audit, 206 S 17th Ave., Phx.
ü May 15 - Town of Chino Valley Council Chambers, 202 N. State Route 89, Chino Valley, AZ 86323
ü June 19 - Pinetop-Lakeside Town Hall, 1360 N. Niels Hansen Lane, Lakeside, AZ 85929
The 2016-2020 Tentative Five-Year Program is available for public review and comment at azdot.gov/fiveyearplan. ADOT has developed a “how to read it” guide and welcomes feedback at email@example.com. A phone number is also available for public comments at 1-855-712-8530.
CALENDAR OF EVENTS
WEDNESDAY, APRIL 15
· The Tucson Eastside Republican Club will meet with Gov Doug Ducey’s Southern Arizona office director Juan Ciscomani at 6:30 pm., Wed., April 15 in the Golf Links Library Community Room, 9640 E Golf Links Rd, Tucson, AZ 85730. Contact: Parralee Schneider 250-5073 firstname.lastname@example.org
· The Verde Valley Republican Women's Luncheon is scheduled at 11 am., April 15 at the Sedona Rouge Hotel and Spa, 2250 Hwy 89A, Sedona, AZ. Speaker: Dr. Carl Goldberg will address Islamic ideology. RSVP: Erna Sesek (928) 284-4248 or email@example.com.
· Gov Doug Ducey Will Visit Pinal County Republicans at 5 pm, Wed., April 15 in the Sun City Anthem Union Center Ballroom,3925 N. Sun City Boulevard, Florence. Ducey will talk about his first 100 days in office, but the majority of his visit will be devoted to answering attendee questions in an informal setting. The Gov's visit is open to the public. Contact: Florence/Coolidge District Chr Barbara Manning firstname.lastname@example.org
THURSDAY, APRIL 16
· LD24 Will Meet With State Treasurer Jeff DeWit at 7 pm., Thurs., April 16 at AZGOP Headquarters, 3501 N 24th St., Phx. Sen Adam Driggs and Rep Kate Brophy-McGee, and Chairman Ken Bennett will be updating the group, along with Corporation Commissioner Susan Bitter-Smith. Cindy Thomas is baking Southern Brownies with pecans for refreshments. The LD24 Executive Board will meet one-half hour prior to the regular meeting. Contact: Corresponding Secretary Carole Joyce email@example.com
· The Colorado River Tea Party – Yuma will meet Thurs., April 16 at 6 pm., at the Community Christian Church 6480 E Hwy 95, Yuma. Contact: Chr Sally Kizer 928-210-1219 firstname.lastname@example.org www.coloradoriverteaparty.org
· Chino Valley Pachyderm Chairman Sue Goodchild has announced that Tom Jenney of Americans for Prosperity will address the group on April 16 at the Bonn Fire Restaurant in Chino Valley. Alex Meluskey, who has announced he is running again Sen John McCain for the Senate seat in 2016, will speak at the May 21 meeting.
· LD25 will meet at 7 pm, April 16 (3rd Thru) at 640 N Mesa Drive Mesa, AZ. Doors open at 6:45 pm. Speaker: Majority Leader Rep. Steve Montenegro. Contact: 1VC Haydee Dawson email@example.com
FRIDAY, APRIL 17
· The Las Fuentes Village Forum will be held at 3 pm., April 17 at 1035 Scott Dr. Prescott, AZ. Speaker: Dr. Phil Jones, ERAU Dean of Security and Intelligence, will address ISIS. Contact: Jacquie Auwarter (928 )776-7453
· An Immigration Forum is scheduled at 5:30 pm., Fri., April 17 at the Pima Community College Center for the Arts Proscenium Theatre West Campus, 2202 W Anklam Rd., Tucson. A flyer carrying the photos of Congressmen Raul M. Grijalva and Luis V Gutierrez reads: “Time to attend a protest at PCC to show our displeasure towards DACA and PACA.” The flyer doesn’t say who is sponsoring the foum/protest.
· Breakfast with Sen Jeff Flake will be held at 8 am, Fri., April 17 at 1951 E. Roger Road Tucson, AZ 85719 (map). Conservation/updates. Doors open 8 am. Event begins at 8:20 am. Admission and parking are free, and light breakfast options will be available for purchase. All proceeds benefit the University of Arizona College Republicans.
SATURDAY, APRIL 18
· Arizona Federation of College Republicans will host a fundraiser featuring Congressman David Schweikert at 6:30 pm, Sat., April 18 at the Scottsdale Plaza Resort, 7200 N Scottsdale Road, Paradise Valley, AZ 85253. Tickets: $75 or $140/couple. Table of ten: $650. RSVP: Zoey Kotzambasis at azcollegeGOP@gmail.com or (520) 591-6191. All proceeds will benefit the Arizona Federation of College Republicans.
· The Central Republican Women of Phoenix ‘Day Trip’ To The Mazatzal Casino (in Payson) fundraiser is scheduled Sat., April 18, departing at 7:30 am from 1045 S 8th Ave., Phx; departing casino at 3 pm. Invite your spouses, friends and prospective members. Flyer details: Mazatzal Casino Fundraiser Reservations deadline is April 14. RSVP to Linda Spillman at 480-275-2364 firstname.lastname@example.org
Congressman David Schweikert will address the 9 am, Sat., April 18 Fountain Hills Republican Club mtg scheduled in the Fountain Hills Community Center, 13001 N La Montana Drive, Fountain Hills, AZ 85268. Program is free with social period commencing at 8:30. email@example.com
· The Cobre Valley Republican Club will meet at 9:30 am., Sat., April 18 at the Rep. Headquarters 424 N. Broad St. , Globe AZ. LD6 Rep TJ Shope will be the speaker. Contact: J. Mooread CVBC Pres. firstname.lastname@example.org
· The Fountain Hills Republican Club will meet at 9 am., Sat., April 18, at the Fountain Hills Community Center, 13001 N La Montana Drive, Fountain Hills, AZ 85268. Speaker: CD 6 Congressman, David Schweikert. 8:30 am – social. Contact: email@example.com
· The Central Republican Women of Phoenix ‘Fun and Fundraiser’ day trip to the Mazatzal Casino is scheduled Sat., April 18. The bus will depart from Phoenix at 7:30 am from 1045 S 8th Ave., and depart from the casino at 3 pm for the return trip. Reservation deadline – April 14. See details Mazatzal Casino Fundraiser Contact Linda Spillman at 480-275-2364.
Reps. David Schweikert Matt Salmon And Sen. Jeff Flake will host an informational session from 10 am until noon, Sat April 18 at Red Mountain High School, 7301 E Brown Road., Mesa, for high school students interested in attending one of the U.S. Service Academies - Military Academy at West Point, the Naval Academy, the Air Force Academy and the Merchant Marine Academy. RSVP firstname.lastname@example.org with name, phone number, high school, congressional district, and number of people attending the event. Questions to Ed Kelety at email@example.com , 480-946-2411.
· The Republican Women of Prescott meeting is scheduled at 11:30 am., Mon, April 20 at the Prescott Resort, 1500 E. Hwy. 69, Prescott, AZ. Speaker: Gov Doug Ducey. $18 each. RSVP: Elsie Tyree, firstname.lastname@example.org, (928-778-0235 or Pam Calhoon, email@example.com (928) 778-7157.
· Trevor Loudon — author, political researcher and activist, will address ‘Taking Back America’ at 7 pm., Fri., April 20 at the Brand New Church, 1827 1827 W Grovers Ave Phoenix, AZ 85023. $2.50 donation. Book signing.
· The Sun City Republican Club is scheduled at 5:30 pm., Mon., April 20 at the Quail Run Golf Course, 9774 W Alabama Ave., Sun City, AZ. Confirmed Speakers: LD21 Sen Debbie Lesko and AZGOP Chairman Robert Graham. Tickets - $10 for members, $12 non-members. RSVP: firstname.lastname@example.org for head count.
· The SaddleBrooke Republican Club presents Congresswoman Martha McSally at its Mon., April 20 ‘Welcome Back’ Luncheon at 11:45 am., in the Vistas Restaurant at Saddlebrooke Country Club, 64500 E. SaddleBrooke Blvd., Tucson, AZ 85739. Doors open at 11:15 am. RSVP: SBRC1.org Contact: Neil MacDonald VP Communications email@example.com 825 4361.
· The Maricopa County Young Republican Professionals Charter Meeting will be held 7pm Tues, April 21 at AZGOP HQ 3501 N 24th Street, Phoenix, AZ 85016. Open to 18-40 year old Republicans in the valley. Speakers: AZGOP Chairman Robert Graham and MCYRP President Chris Herring speak about the vision for Young Republicans in Maricopa County. RSVP through the Facebook link below or email firstname.lastname@example.org
· The Arizona Federation of College Republicans will host Congressman David Schwiekert at 6:30 pm., Sat., April 18 at the Scottsdale Plaza Resort, 7200 N Scottsdale Road., Paradise Valley AZ 85253. Tickets $75 per person or $140 per couple. Table of 10 - $650. RSVP: Zoey Kotzambasis at azcollegeGOP@gmail.com or 520-591-6191.
· GOP-Surprises-Field-Announces-Candidates Tucson City Council
· YOUR TAX $$$ Inside-Hillary’s Luxurious-Van, Bed, TV, Lots-Leather
· Hillary-Clinton Was-Asked-About-Email-2-Years-Ago She Didn’t Answer
· McCain Urged IRS To Target Conservative
· Need More Proof Of McCain Chokehold On AZGOP? Robert Graham Closing Meeting To Elected Precinct Committeemen, Shutting Down Information Flow
· AZ Border Defenders Updated Daily
· Need2No Border News Watch
· NRA-Annual-Meeting Pictures From The NRA Annual Meeting
· From Nevada
JUDGE JEANINE PIRRO
BILL AND HILLARY
SECRETARY OF STATE/STATE DEPT