- ► August (19)
- ► July (31)
- ► June (30)
- ► May (31)
- ► April (24)
- ► March (27)
- ► February (28)
- ► January (31)
- ► December (29)
- ► November (30)
- ► October (31)
- ► September (32)
- ► August (31)
- ► July (31)
- ► June (30)
- ► May (30)
- ► April (30)
- ► March (31)
- ► February (28)
- ► January (31)
- ► December (30)
- ► November (29)
- ► October (31)
- ► September (29)
- ► August (32)
- ► July (25)
- ► June (21)
- ► May (31)
- ▼ April (30)
- ► March (30)
- ► February (29)
- ► January (31)
- ► December (28)
- ► November (30)
- ► October (32)
- ► September (29)
- ► August (32)
- ► July (31)
- ► June (27)
- ► May (31)
- ► April (36)
- ► March (42)
- ► February (35)
- ► January (34)
- ► December (39)
- ► November (35)
- ► October (42)
- ► September (37)
- ► August (35)
- ► July (37)
- ► June (37)
- ► May (21)
- ► April (33)
- ► March (39)
- ► February (36)
- ► January (38)
- ► December (39)
- ► November (32)
- ► October (37)
- ► September (39)
- ► August (42)
Briefs Editor Frosty Taylor firstname.lastname@example.org
Web Master John Strasser
Thursday. April 2, 2015
· Gov Doug Ducey: This has been a busy week at the Arizona State Capitol. I've signed a number of bills this week, but I wanted to make you aware of one that is particularly significant to the taxpayer. On Monday, I fulfilled a promise made during my State of the State address by signing House Bill 2001. This bill permanently indexes Arizona's income tax to inflation. Here's a breakdown of what that means:
ü The amount of money you make at work puts you in a certain tax bracket and your income is taxed based on that bracket.
ü Before House Bill 2001 was passed, tax brackets were not permanently tied to inflation.
ü Inflation is what happens when everyday items you buy increase year after year which results in a higher cost of living.
ü So, if you received a raise at work, it could have bumped you into a higher tax bracket, even though your raise was tied to your cost of living increasing due to inflation.
ü Because House Bill 2001 passed, tax brackets are now tied to inflation. So, as inflation increases, so do tax brackets.
ü That means if you receive a cost of living raise because inflation increased, you won't pay more taxes due to a higher tax bracket.
I believe in good government and this was a common sense bill that protects taxpayers while further promoting Arizona's open-for-business agenda. If you have any further questions regarding this legislation, please email email@example.com.
· Congressman Paul Gosar Is Holding A “Coffee With The Congressman” at 8 am., Fri., April 3 at Brownies Restaurant, 1145 S 4th Ave., Yuma. Website http://gosar.house.gov) on Twitter @repgosar, or through Facebook at Representative Paul Gosar.
The Weekly Freedom Report to grassroots activists on free market oriented legislation s conducted at 10 am, every Friday. To participate in Friday's Freedom Call - Dial (712) 775-7031, then type: 421-127-730#. See www.marketfreedomalliance.com
· A Ceremony Finalizing An Agreement reached by U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service (USFWS) and the Arizona Game and Fish (AZGF) Commission to restore rainbow trout stocking operations at Willow Beach National Fish Hatchery is scheduled at 1:15 pm, Fri., April 3 in Bullhead City. Participants include USFWS Director Benjamin Tuggle, AZGF Director Larry Voyles, AZGF Commission Chair Robert Mansell and Vice Chair Kurt Davis, CD4 Congressman Paul Gosar, Sen John McCain., Mohave County Board of Supervisors Chair Hildy Angius.
· Another PC Speaks Up: Thanks for publishing the letter/comments from the individual concerning the political events getting so expensive. I really would have liked to attend the Lincoln Day dinner for PC’s but $60 per person was just too much for our budget. We did get an e-mail from our LD Chairman that the LD bought some tickets that they were giving away but with less than a 24-hour notice, we still couldn’t make it on such short notice. – Name withheld
· PC Frank Carroll: PC Speaks Out to the PC who spoke out – Outrageous “Touch and Feel” Events 2015_04_01_archive.html: I might be so bold as to suggest that the unidentified “real folk” PC take advantage of his/her elected official status and hold a fund raiser for themselves and invite all of their 125 Republican constituents. Since you are real folk be sure to feed them, quench their thirst, and most importantly wear a short sleeve shirt so each one can rub elbows with you. Due to the prevailing economic conditions give away free tickets. After all, they will get to rub your elbow. On another hand, if you were “unreal folk” like me, I would be charging $10 per seat with an RSVP (I remember when it was $1). I would expect a minimum turn-out of ½ the invitees, use half of the sales to fund the event and gain 50% of the sales to cover expenses to operate as a PC. Think of the “unreal” advantages: 1) no concern about a legislative district lagging in funds to support their PC; 2) you can participate in PC activities representing your constituency at elbow rubbing events. If you could just get a nomination for an award at the Lincoln Day Dinner Banquet. But that would be “unreal”. – Frank Carroll “unreal” PC, LD22
· Arizona Republican Assembly President Thayer Verschoor: OBrewercrat Senators (+2) Morph into Duceycrats -- Conservatives were elated when Senators Crandall (R-16)and McComish (R-18)left for $reener pa$ture$. Our joy has been short lived, it seems. Two House members who opposed the OBrewercrat Medicaid Expansion moved up, but they drank the Duncan Ducey kool-aid yesterday. Parental rights to protect their children from the data-mining and mind control tenets in Common Core - by any other name it is the same - were dashed on the rocks by the failure of HB2246 in Senate Third Read yesterday. The most discouraging aspect was not the expected Nay votes of Dial (R-18), Driggs (R-28), Pierce (R-1) and Worsley (R-25) but the fact that they were aided and abetted with bill-killing votes by Sen. John Kavanagh (R-23) and Sen. Debbie Lesko (R-21). Not only did their votes throw Arizona parents and students under the school bus, it also gave four dyed-in-the-wool Democrats the opportunity to campaign next year as a friend of voters who fear the intrusion of the federal government into the classrooms. Democrat Senators Ableser (D-17), Bradley (D-10), McGuire (D-8) and Pancrazi (D-4), who voted for the bill, represent some of the most competitive legislative districts and, thanks to Kavanagh and Lesko, an important weapon for defeating those four Democrats in 2016 has been lost. To be clear, this betrayal did not occur in a vacuum. The fingerprints from the Ninth Floor at the Capitol and the Chamber of Commerce are all over their actions. Not surprisingly, the silence from 24th Street on standing up for official Republican Party Policy is deafening - as usual. None of that excuses the turncoat Republicans. Conservative Precinct Committeemen and Republican voters in their districts need to hold them accountable.
· Look-Whos-Really-Excited-About-Hosting-Harry-Reids-Big-Hit-Retirement-Party posted on its website, Sheri’s Ranch — a legal brothel located in Pahrump, Nev., sixty miles west of Las Vegas — congratulates Reid on his “exemplary service” to the country, the state, and the “working girls” who are especially grateful for Reid’s leadership in ramming Obamacare through the Congress.
· Congressman Matt Salmon upon hearing word that a framework agreement was reached addressing Iran’s nuclear program. “Since these discussions were first started, I have maintained that the idea of openly engaging Iran with negotiations that will, in any way, allow them to develop their nuclear program are useless. From early reports, that is exactly what we’ve learned of today.When a belligerent nation demands a nuclear weapon, the United States shouldn’t cave to those demands. When that belligerent repeatedly chants, ‘Death to America,’ we should act with strength and determination to protect our nation’s security. Today, it sounds like we’ve set ourselves on a disgraceful path. President Obama may continue to put his trust in a nation that has time and time again publicly stated their desire to destroy America and one of her closest allies, but I will not.”
· ATTN: Town Of Gilbert Republicans: The Town of Gilbert is looking for people to serve on the Planning Commission and Parks. See board-openings
· The Surprise Tea Party Patriots will meet at 6:30pm., Tues., April 7 in the Grand Canyon Rm of the Sun City West Foundation Plaza, 14465 W R H Johnson Blvd. Sun City West, AZ 85375to hear immediate past Maricopa County Republicans Chairman A J LaFaro address ‘Voter Fraud, Ballot Harvesting’ and other hot topics. Lafaro is the National Director, Arizona Republican Assembly (Azra), LD17 Past Chairman; Chairman Of Arizona Citizens Tired Of Public Employee Unions and a Member of the Tempe Tea Party.
· The Arizona Game and Fish Department “open houses” for constituents to review proposed recommendations at the Game and Fish regional offices:
• Tues, April 7: 3-5 p.m., Pinetop, 2878 E. White Mountain Blvd.
• Tues, April 7: 3-5 p.m., Yuma, 9140 E. 28th Street.
• Tues, April 7: 6-8 p.m., Flagstaff, 3500 S. Lake Mary Road.
No formal presentations are planned. The proposed recommendations will be presented to the commission for consideration during its April 11 meeting in Phoenix. 2015 fall hunt recommendations for deer, turkey, javelina, bighorn sheep, buffalo, bear, mountain lion, and predators and furbearers available for review at www.azgfd.gov/huntguidelines.
· Gov Doug Ducey Will Sign House Bill 2645 at 9:30 am., Mon., April 6 which allows for a person to obtain lab testing without the prior consent of a physican. The governor will be joined by elected officials and CEO of Theranos Elizabeth Holmes, Rep Heather Carter and Sen Nancy Barto at ASU SkySong, 1365 North Scottsdale Road, Suite 300, Scottsdale, AZ 85257
· Gov Doug Ducey Has Appointed James D. Smith and Dewain D. Fox to the Maricopa County Superior Court. They fill the vacancies created by the retirement of the Honorable Emmet Ronan and by the voters' decision not to retain the Honorable Benjamin Norris.
· The Maricopa County Young Republican Professionals Charter Meeting will be held 7pm Tues, April 21 at AZGOP HQ 3501 N 24th Street, Phoenix, AZ 85016. Open to 18-40 year old Republicans in the valley. Speakers: AZGOP Chairman Robert Graham and MCYRP President Chris Herring speak about the vision for Young Republicans in Maricopa County. RSVP through the Facebook link below or email firstname.lastname@example.org
· LD24 Has Scheduled A PC Training Workshop from 6-8 pm., Wed., April 8 at GOP headquarters, 3501 N. 24th St., Phx. LD24 has approximately 83 vacancies, according to Chairman Ken Bennett. Training Facilitator – Ray Sweeney, an EGC member at large. Objectives of the training sessions are:
ü To each capacity in PC quotas
ü Fill PC vacancies in each legislative district
ü Voter lists will be available for each precinct within the district
Participants are asked to
ü Bring a pen/pencil, notebook or legal pad.
ü RSVP: email@example.com
· The Russell Pearce Talk Show airs live every Saturday between 6-7 pm, on KKNT960 AM The Patriot. Call in 602-508-0960. The April 4 guest is Dr. Harlan T. Stratton, who will be discussing “Illegal Alien And Disease Brought To America “with Pearce.
· “The 48th” Plays Every Saturday at 6 pm on AZTV featuring former GOP Executive Director Kurt Davis and former Dem Spokesman Frank Camacho.
· Immediate Past AZGOP Chairman Tom Morrissey’s latest book “In Search of the Sacred Chamber” is showing up in the top 40 in eight Amazon Metaphysical Fiction genres.
· RidersUSA will meet at 6:30 pm., Mon., April 6 at the Elks Lodge #2251, 2302 S Hardy Dr., Tempe. 5:30 pm dinner optional. Agenda: "Flags For Our Fallen" and ID cards for illegals.
· A Meeting Is Scheduled April 4 In Sierra Vista to gather public comments on proposed tax increases on retail purchases and restaurants/bars:
ü Sat, April 4, 10 am at Sierra Vista Public Library, Mona Bishop Rm.
Comments open until April 4 at
ü Sierra Vista Facebook Page https://www.facebook.com/SierraVistaCAC or
ü Facebook – search Citizens Advisory Commission Sierra Vista or
Comments to City Council until April 16:
· The Oro Valley Citizens Action Committee - opposed to the Town Council’s purchase of the Hilton El Conquistador Country Club - is gathering recall petition signatures against Mayor Satish Hiremath and Council members Joe Hornat, Lou Waters, and Mary Snider. They have until April 27 to gather enough signatures for a November recall election. Contact: OVCOG2015@gmail.com or visit www.OVCOG.org
CALENDAR OF EVENTS
FRIDAY, APRIL 3
· Congressman Paul Gosar is holding a “Coffee with the Congressman” at 8 am., Fri., April 3 at Brownies Restaurant, 1145 S 4th Ave., Yuma.
· Congresswoman Martha McSally will hold a Town Hall with approximately 100 employees of Citibank in Tucson on Fri., April 3.
SATURDAY, APRIL 4
· The Tempe Republican Women’s Packages from Home Packing Party is scheduled from 10:30am-12:30pm, Sat., April 4. Volunteers can meet at 1201 S 7th Ave # 50, Phoenix, AZ 85007, or carpool from the Pyle Center, 655 E Southern, Tempe. Carpoolers should RSVP to Jessica at 480-306-2545. They can also use donations of PFH - small size toothpaste, men's deodorant (no spray), and men's boxers in sizes M, L and XL. Email firstname.lastname@example.org for drop-off or pick-up of donations. Contact: President Jessica Merrow 480-306-2545.
MONDAY, APRIL 6
The Lincoln Republican Women Dinner Meeting is scheduled at 6 pm., April 6 at the New McCormick/”Millennium” Resort, Scottsdale-McCormick Ranch, 7401 N Scottsdale Road, Scottsdale. Spouses invited. 5:30 pm social. 6 pm business mtg. 6:20 pm dinner. 7 pm program featuring Maricopa County Recorder Helen Purcell who will address ‘Voting Issues.’ $35 per person. Reservations Required. Contact: Kaufman at 480-368-2777 email@example.com
· The Yavapai County Board of Supervisors will recognized Yavapai County Purple Heart recipients at its 9 am., Mon, April 6 meeting at 1015 Fair St. in Prescott.
· The Emery Riddle University College Republicans meet every Monday evening at 7 pm, in the ERAU-King Engineering Blvd in Prescott. Contact: Chr Joey Cilano firstname.lastname@example.org
· The Arizona Project will meet at 11:30 am., Mon., April 6 with New Zealand author Trevor Loudon of “The Enemies Within: Communists, Socialists and Progressives in the US Congress” and a new documentary “The Enemies Within” www.TrevorLoudon.com at 3375 E Shea Blvd., Phx. Lunch not provided. Contact: Chr Ron Ludders 602-677-1496.
· The Graham County Republican Committee Lincoln Day Dinner will be held at 6 pm., April 11 in the Gherald Hoopes Activity Center on the campus of Eastern Arizona College. Contact: 928-651-0455.
· Yavapai Regional Medical Center Outreach Program will present a free informational discussion on heart surgery at 2 p.m. on Mon, April 6 at the Prescott Valley Public Library.
TUESDAY, APRIL 7
· The Surprise Tea Party Patriots will meet at 6:30 pm., Tues., April 7 at the Sun City West Foundation Plaza, 14465 W. R H Johnson Blvd. Immediate past Maricopa County Republican Chairman A. J. LaFaro will address voter fraud as it pertains to harvesting, stuffing and tampering of the ballots. LaFaro is Current National Director, Arizona Republican Assembly (AzRA) and Past Chairman LD17 Republicans. He has been working for conservative principles and has not hesitated to shine a light on offenses within his own party. The Surprise Tea Party normally meets the first Tues of the month. The next meetings are scheduled May 19 and June 2. Speakers tba. www.surpriseteapartypatriots.com
· The Daisy Mountain Tea Party Patriots will host Trevor Loudon, author of “The Enemies Within” at 6:30 pm., April 7 at the Anthem Civic Building, 3701 W. Anthem Way, Anthem, AZ 85086. Contact: Chr Vera Anderson : 602-821-4675 email@example.com http://www.daisymountainteapartypatriots.com/
· An ‘Update From Capitol Hill,’ featuring Sens John McCain and Jeff Flake, is scheduled at 11:30 am., April 7 by the Arizona Chamber of Commerce, Greater Phoenix Leadership, and Arizona Manufacturer’s Council. Registration opens at 10:30 am. $65 for members, $80 for non-members. Contact: Cylee Gutting firstname.lastname@example.org
WEDNESDAY, APRIL 8
· The SaddleBrooke Republican Club will meet with AFP Director Tom Jenney at 3:45 pm., Wed., April 8 in the Mountain View Club House Ballroom, 38759 Mountain View Blvd, SaddleBrooke , AZ to discuss “The Power of Grass Roots. http://pinal.arizonagop.net/
· Congressman Trent Franks will be hosting the 3rd of his Coffee With the Congressman – Mini Town Hall Series at 8:30 am., Wed., April 8 in the lower level conference room at 7121 W Bell Road., Glendale, AZ 85308. Room capacity is limited, so RSVP as soon as possible to 623-776-7911.
· Arrowhead Republican Women will be meeting Wed, April 8 at Briarwood Country Club, 20800 N. 135th Ave., Sun City West to hear Political Director for the Arizona Republican Party George Khalaf. Check-in begins 10:45am, meeting at 11:30am. $20 payable by cash or check at the door. Reservations required through Judi Bourd, email@example.com ARW is open to Republican women registered to vote in AZ - Republican men may join as associate members.
· Phoenix District 2 and District 3 Joint Budget Hearing is scheduled at 6 pm., Wed., April 8 in the Paradise Valley Community Center - 17402 N. 40th St., Phoenix, AZ (Google Map)
· Freedom Fires will present International Blogger Trevor Loudon at 7 pm., April 8 at the Faith Christian School, 7464 E Main St., Mesa AZ 85207. Doors open at 6 pm. Loudon is the founder and editor of KeyWiki.org, a rapidly growing website with the goal of unlocking the covert side of U.S. and Global politics. Admission: $2.50 (17 and under are free)
THURSDAY, APRIL 9
· The Pima County Tea Party Patriots will meet with Colonel (Ret) Jon Gold, a 30 year military intelligence office who will address ‘The US Deterioration as a World Leader at 6 pm., Thur., April 9 in the Bear Canyon Library, 8959 E Tanque Verde Rd., Tucson. Contact: PCRP HQ firstname.lastname@example.org
· Seniors And Family Caregivers are invited to attend a free, educational presentation on Senior Insurance: Options and Strategies, from noon to 1 pm, Thurs., April 9 at the Prescott Valley Christian Church, 7655 E. Long Look Drive.
FRIDAY, APRIL 10
· LD 10 Will Be ‘Remembering Ronald Reagan’ at 6 pm., Fri., April 10 with dinner, dancing and a silent auction at the Savory Opera House in Trail Dust Town, , 6541 E Tanque Verde Rd., Tucson. Contact: Parralee Schneider 250-5073 email@example.com
· The Oro Valley Republican Women Luncheon is scheduled at 11:30 am., Fri., April 10 at 300 W Greenock Dr.,Oro Valley. Contact: Beth Van Horn at 520-403-5931.
· The Arizona Republican Party Legislative Salute Dinner is scheduled at 7 pm., Fri., April 10 at the Arizona Biltmore, 2400 E Missouri Ave., Phx featuring speaker Gov Doug Ducey. Registration at 6 pm. VIP tickets $500. Individual tickets $200. RSVP: Michelle at michelle@the hydeco.com or Jennifer at firstname.lastname@example.org or 602-957-7770.
· Elections-Fraud-Debate A Fraud Ballot Harvesting
· AZGOP financial reports filed/ AZ Sec of State azsos.gov/cfs/FilerDetail
· FEC Filing Updated/Current AZGOP Financials Info CandidateCommitteeDetail.do?canId
· AZ Border Defenders Updated Daily
· Need2No Border News Watch
WAR ON WOMEN
JUDGE JEANINE PIRRO
BILL AND HILLARY
· Hillary's Popularity Wanes Kansas City Star
· Gowdy-Wants-Hillary-Testify-Under Oath-May-1st Republican Or Democrat, Criminal Behavior Cannot Be Tolerated By Our Elected Officials.
· Halperin-Says-Hillary-May-‘Meet-Her Match’ In -Gowdy The fact that he is willing to say what he said out in the open means that the Democratic Party is really worried about Hillary Clinton and Trey Gowdy.
· GOP-Rips-Iran-Nuclear-Deal Boehner Demanded That Lawmakers Be Able To Review Details Of The Framework Before Any International Sanctions Are Lifted.
· Congress-Must-Be-Clear-Eyed-On-Iran-Deal: Obama Must Bring To Congress
SECRETARY OF STATE/STATE DEPT