- ► August (23)
- ► July (31)
- ► June (30)
- ► May (31)
- ► April (24)
- ► March (27)
- ► February (28)
- ► January (31)
- ► December (29)
- ► November (30)
- ► October (31)
- ► September (32)
- ► August (31)
- ► July (31)
- ► June (30)
- ► May (30)
- ► April (30)
- ► March (31)
- ► February (28)
- ► January (31)
- ► December (30)
- ► November (29)
- ► October (31)
- ► September (29)
- ► August (32)
- ► July (25)
- ► June (21)
- ▼ May (31)
- ► April (30)
- ► March (30)
- ► February (29)
- ► January (31)
- ► December (28)
- ► November (30)
- ► October (32)
- ► September (29)
- ► August (32)
- ► July (31)
- ► June (27)
- ► May (31)
- ► April (36)
- ► March (42)
- ► February (35)
- ► January (34)
- ► December (39)
- ► November (35)
- ► October (42)
- ► September (37)
- ► August (35)
- ► July (37)
- ► June (37)
- ► May (21)
- ► April (33)
- ► March (39)
- ► February (36)
- ► January (38)
- ► December (39)
- ► November (32)
- ► October (37)
- ► September (39)
- ► August (42)
Briefs Editor Frosty Taylor firstname.lastname@example.org
Web Master John Strasser
Monday - May 11, 2015
· The Cochise County Republicans plan a “picnic of food, family fun and old fashioned political rally” starting at noon, May 23 in Tompkins Park, Sierra Vista, AZ 85635. RSVP to CCRC Headquarters 520-417-1000, Tom Crosby at 520-559-2703 email@example.com or Casey Jones 520-249-3487 firstname.lastname@example.org so they know how much food and drinks to obtain.
· The Maricopa Republicans will host Author Kirk Fowler, at 6:30 pm., Thurs., May 21 at the COPA Center , 44585 Honeycutt Road, Maricopa 85138. Fowler, who wrote Potty Training for Liberals, joined the U.S. Border Patrol in 1960 and was stationed on both the Mexican and Canadian Borders. 1968 he began work as a Special Agent for DEA, stationed in Los Angeles, New York City, Washington DC, Mexico City (In Charge of Intelligence for Mexico and Central America), Dallas (In Charge of Intelligence for a seven state area) and Phoenix (In charge of the joint task force --Federal-State and Local Officers) Intelligence and the Marijuana Eradication Campaign. Has operated his own PI firm since 1986. See flyer fowler to speak
· Former Maricopa County Attorney Andrew Thomas is now a Fellow with the Selous Foundation, a conservative think tank in Washington, D.C. Selous was founded in 1985 to promote the principles of the Reagan Revolution.
· Phx City Council Jim Waring will conduct a May 14 community meeting on the city budget with City Budget/Research Director Mario Paniagua at 6 pm., Thurs., May 14 in Room D2 of the Paradise Valley Community Center, 17402 N. 40th St., Phoenix, AZ (Google Map)
· Former LD13 Chairman Robert Branch and his wife Adell just came back from several week in Europe. His brother and wife flew in from Switzerland to spend the day with them in Rome before they returned to the States.
· Key Millennial Republican Leaders From Maricopa County met Friday with Arizona State University President Michael Crow to talk about a variety of education-related issues including how to better align higher education with the needs of businesses in the rapidly evolving 21st century economy. Participants included Republican Party of Maricopa County Chairman and former Arizona Board of Regents member Tyler Bowyer, Higley Unified School District Governing Board Member and School Board Members Alliance Executive Director Jake Hoffman, Chairman of the Maricopa County Young Republican Professionals Chris Herring, Arizona Board of Regents Member Valerie Hanna, ASU Undergraduate Student Government President Cassidy Possehl and ASU Undergraduate Student Government Vice President of Policy Nicolas VandenNieuwenhof. “ My goal is that we evaluate the challenges and create long-term conservative solutions that will allow Arizona to be the most prosperous state in the nation,” Bowyer said.
· Governor Doug Ducey today announced the appointment of Lorenzo Romero as director of the Governor's Office of Strategic Planning & Budgeting (OSPB). Romero joined Ducey's administration in January 2015 serving as special adviser to the governor for tax, business and regulatory policy. In his new role, Romero will continue to serve as a senior advisor to the governor on tax, business and regulatory policy and will be a key member of his team.Prior to joining the governor's office, Romero served as director of fiscal policy for the majority caucus of the Arizona House of Representatives advising on tax, budget, economic development and business-related issues. Romero received a bachelor's degree in accounting and finance, and a master's degree in accounting from Arizona State University's W.P. Carey School of Business. He currently is an MBA candidate at the University of Chicago Booth School of Business.
· Congresswoman Martha McSally announced that Michael Fisher, a freshman at City High School in Tucson, took first place in the 2015 Congressional Art Competition. Fisher’s charcoal drawing, “Raven,” will be displayed in the U.S. Capitol for a year and he will be invited to Washington, D.C. to attend a reception along with other Congressional district winners. This year, 90 students from 12 high schools in the Second District participated in the art competition. Second place went to Susan Ho from Flowing Wells High School in Tucson for her painting, “Tis the Gift to be Free,” and third place went to Jenna Hurst from Canyon del Oro High School in Oro Valley for her painting, “Grandmother.” Their paintings will be displayed in the Tucson and Sierra Vista offices respectively. In addition, 9 other students receiving honorable mentions will have their artwork displayed in the Tucson office lobby. The 12 winners were selected by a panel of local art experts. To view all the submissions, click HERE.
· Joseph Perron, President AZ East Valley Pro-Life Alliance: Republicans in the House of Representatives will hold a vote on “The Pain-Capable Unborn Child Protection Act” sometime this week, on or near the anniversary of the murder conviction of late-term abortionist Kermit Gosnell. This bill bans the killing of unborn babies at 5 months or later, which is when medical science shows they can experience pain. Sponsored by Rep. Trent Franks (R-Ariz) and Rep. Marsha Blackburn (R-Tenn), “The Pain-Capable Unborn Protection Act” – H.R. 36 would end “more than 18,000 very late term abortions performed every year on perfectly healthy unborn babies in America” stated Franks. See house-will-vote-on-bill-to-ban-abortions-after-20-weeks Contact your Congressman at contacting congress.org Contact: Perron at 480-216-7217 Life@EVProLifeAlliance .org www.evprolifealliance.org
· Phoenix Mayoral Candidate Anna Brennan petitions to get on the ballot can be signed at the Arizona Project office, 3375 E Shea Blvd. #2-B, Phoenix, 85028 M-F., 9 am to 5 pm. Contact: Nina Marlow (480) 707-9043 nmarlowCBL@gmail.com
· Timothy Lee, AZGOP Compliance Director, will be conducting a Treasurer’s Training session for GOP LD treasurers and county chairmen from 10am-2 pm, Sat., June 6 at AZGOP headquarters, 3501 N. 24th St., Phx. Contact Lee at (602) 449-1000 or email@example.com
· Yavapai County Oathkeepers Chairman Jim Arroyo is conducting the meeting of the Prescott Valley Oathkeepers between 11 am-1 pm., May 16 at the Puerta Vallarta Mexican Restaurant, 11901 E. Hwy 69, Dewey, AZ, 86327 (park in the rear and enter the rear dining hall.) Participants are asked to have lunch at the restaurant so the group can meet there without charge. Oath Keepers is a non-partisan association of current and formerly serving military, reserves, National Guard, veterans, Peace Officers, and Fire Fighters. Contact: http://oathkeepers.org/ http://oathkeepers.org/oktester/about/
· Contact www.arizonansagainstcommoncore.com for the latest on Arizonans Against Common Core.
· A. J. LaFaro, National Director of the Arizona Republican Assembly (AZRA) and Immediate Past Chairman of the Maricopa County Republican Committee (MCRC) is making presentations to Arizona County and Legislative District (LD) Committees, Republican Clubs, Tea Parties and Liberty Movements about
ü 1) ballot harvesting, stuffing and tampering and
ü 2) closing the Republican primaries here in Arizona
LaFaro is scheduled to speak to the
ü May 12 – LD26 Republican Committee
ü May 18 – Leisure World Republican Club
ü May 19 – Fountain Hills Tea Party
ü May 27 – Estrella Conservative Republican Club.
Any County or Legislative District (LD) Committee, Republican Club, Tea Party or Liberty Movement interested in hearing LaFaro's presentation can
contact him at firstname.lastname@example.org
· The Republican Women of Prescott present “An Evening with Dinesh D’Souza’, who is a former White House policy analyst for President Ronald Reagan, at 7:30 pm., Tues, July 28 in the Yavapai College Performing Arts Center. Tickets on line at www.ycpac.com/rwop-dinesh between 10am - 4 pm. $30, $45, $55, and $75. A pre-event reception will be held at 5:30 pm in the Sculpture Garden. No host bar. Additional $25, reservations required. Limited tickets.
· The New Yavapai County Republican Veteran's Outreach Committee is planning a campaign to get all Republican veterans registered to vote. Brig. General Duane Erickson, retired and former Sec. of State Ken Bennett are Honorary Chairmen. The planning committee consists of: Tom Williams, Harry Oberg, Ron Edwards, and Bob Collins. Republican Veteran can call 928-776-4500 for more information.
· Congressman Paul Gosar is accepting nominations request through Oct 30, 2015 from CD4 youths, age 17 or older as of July 1, 2015, who are eligible to apply to the five services – US Army, US Navy, US Air Force, US Marine Corps, and US Coast Guard. Contact: Penny.Pew@mail.house.gov or call 480-882-2697 regarding applications.
· Call The White House 202-456-1111 Comments. Switchboard: 202-456-1414. Contact Senate https://www.senate.gov/ or Representatives http://www.house.gov/ Let them know how you feel. Hold their feet to the fire. They wanted these positions so badly, hold them accountable. Arizona delegation phone numbers:
· Editor’s Note: When expressing opinions, please limit commentary to 300 words.
· Activist Wes Gullett: A year ago this week our daughter Catie was diagnosed with cancer. We were shocked that our 20-year old little girl had cancer. Thankfully, this past Friday she had a full body scan and was given the all clear – no cancer – cancer free! Hearing those words from Catie was the best Mother’s Day present Deb ever received. We are truly blessed and so fortunate that we were able to provide the best medical treatment in the world for our daughter.
Unfortunately, there are so many people suffering from cancer who don’t get to hear those words, including my Mom, Barb, who lost her battle with lymphoma. That is why we are working so hard to raise money for the Leukemia and Lymphoma Society. The fight to find a cure and better treatments for blood cancer is the mission of LLS and I hope you will join me today in making a contribution. Our goal is to raise as much as possible by June 10th. We have 5 weeks to go and our good news Friday has provided our family the energy to work even harder to meet our goals. Please make a contribution today by visiting www.wesgullett.com/lls!
Many of our friends have contributed and I want to thank you for your support. Please know that your tax deductible contribution is making the lives of people suffering from blood cancer a little more bearable, and it gives us all hope that a cure is just around the corner. I hope you had a wonderful Mother’s Day and thank you for considering supporting the Barb Project – our effort to honor my Mom who lost her fight against blood cancer.
CALENDAR OF EVENTS
TUESDAY, MAY 12
· The Phoenix Federalist Society Lawyers Chapter is hosting a Lunch with U.S. Supreme Court Justice Antonin Scalia at noon, Tues., May 12 at the Ritz-Carltonk, 2401 E Camelback Road, Phx. Tickets: Event Website RSVP: Melissa Johnson at email@example.com
· LD27 South Mountain will meet at 6:30 pm for dinner, followed by a 7 pm meeting on Tues., May 12 at the Jumbo Buffet - NE Corner Of 35th Avenue And Southern. Events in LD27 will be the topic of discussion. They plan a ‘Patriots In The Park’ on June 14 At El Prado Park, an upcoming gun raffle. Guest speakers Candidate Anna Brennan and Treasurer Brent Brooks from the Maricopa County Young Republican Professionals. will be joining us. Executive Committee Contacts: Chr Ron Harders – Hbaronaz@Msn.Com - 602-243-0111; 1st Vice Char Jose Tello – Josertello01@Gmail.Com - 480-309-5182 And 2nd Vice Chr Chris Morrill – Bikeartchris@Yahoo.Com - 480-415-2453.
· Prescott Mayoral Candidate Harry Oberg will appear before the Las Fuentes Village, 1035 Scotts Dr., Prescott at 10 am, Tues., May 12. Contact 928-848-9289.
The Mingus Mountain Republican Club meets at 11:15 am, May 12 at the VFW Post #7400, 705 E. Aspen St., Cottonwood, AZ. $11 per person. Cost: $11.00. LD5 Sen Kelly Ward. Topic: "Is it time for Sen. McCain to Retire?" Quang Nguyen, CEO of Caddis Branding Agency will address "Immigration - No Free Pass." RSVP: Niles Haton (928) 649-1643 or Mingus_Mountain@hotmail.com
· LD29 Republican Committee will meet at 7 pm, May 12 at Kings & Associates Realty, LLC, 6006 N 83rd Ave, Suite 201, Glendale, AZ 85303. Meet and Greet at 6:30 pm. Contact Alan Gaugert at 623-330-3622 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
· The Northwest Conservatives Present Jeff Utsch: “The Pros, Cons And All You Want To Know Regarding The Article V Debate” at 6 pm. May 12 in the Oro Valley Library Community Room.
Sun Lakes Republican Club will meet at 6:30 pm., Tues., May 12 to hear Tom Jenney’s presentation on the Americans for Prosperity’s Liberty Initiative in the Arizona Room at Sun Lakes Country Club, 25601 E. Sun Lakes Blvd. North, Sun Lakes 85248. Contact: Chr Mike Tennant 480-802-0178 http://slgop.org
The Capitol Times “Morning Scoop – K-12 Education” is scheduled at 7:14 am., Tues., May 12 at Alexi’s Grill, 3550 N Central Ave., Phx. Registration – 6:45 am. Reservations required. Complimentary continental breakfast provided. Panelists:
Rep. Heather Carter, Supt of Public Instruction Diane Douglas, Supt Littleton School District Dr. Roger Freeman, Chairman & Founder, GreatHearts Academies & Chairman-elect, ABOR Jay Heiler, and Executive Director Support Our Schools AZ Doreen Zannis. Moderator: Editor, Arizona News Service Jim Small. RSVP Here Seating limited to 100. Contact Tracy Keller at (602) 889-7140 or email@example.com
WEDNESDAY, MAY 13
· The Republican National Committee (RNC) Spring Meeting is scheduled May 13-15 at the Phoenician Hotel in Scottsdale. Presidential candidate Carly Fiorina will address the 6 pm., Wed., May 13 dinner. Sen Rick Santrum will speak a the 12:30 pm., Thurs., May 14 luncheon and Gov Jeb Bush will address the 7:30 pm reception/dinner. Presidential candidate Mike Huckabee and Ariz Gov Doug Ducey will speak at the 1 pm., Fri., May 15 luncheon.
The SaddleBrooke Republican Club will hear from Sen Steve Smith and Reps Mark Finchem and Vince Leach at the 4 pm., May 13 Forum. Doors open at 3:30 at the MountainView Club House, Ballroom at HOW#2, 38759 Mountain View Blvd, SaddleBrooke, AZ. Smith will address public safety, the military and veterans issues and the budget. Finchem will cover education, infrastructure, energy, natural resources and state sovereignty. Leach will talk about state deb, state roll overs, pensions, budget and deficits. Contact: Neil MacDonald - VP Communications firstname.lastname@example.org
· Former Gubernatorial Candidate Christine Jones and Jini Simpson are hosting a coffee reception for Republican Presidential candidate Carly Fiorina at 10 am., Wed., May 13 at the Simpson residence, 6022 N 51st Place, Paradise Valley. 10 am Host Reception: $2700 per individual. $5400 per couple. 10:30 am Coffee Reception. $500 per attendee. RSVP by Mon., May 11 to Katie Granger at 303-803-0747 or email@example.com www.CarlyForPresident.com
· The Arrowhead Republican Women will be collecting new youth patriotic books at their May 13 luncheon at Briarwood Country Club. Gently used suitcases will be appreciated by foster children needing a way to carry their belongings.
· The Arizona Corporation Commission is conducting an open to public “Energy Imbalance Market (EIM) Workshop at 1 pm., Wed., May 13 in Hearing Room One at 1200 W Washington Street, Phx.
· Reservations Are Being Taken for the 11:30 am., May 13 Arrowhead Republican Women’s luncheon at the Briarwood County Club. $20 per person. Check-ins at 10:45 am. RSVP on line at http://arrowheadrw.weebly.com/luncheons no later than 5 pm., May 8. You will receive a confirmation notice within 24 hrs of your reservation! If you do not - please send another e-mail (sometimes computers eat things) or call Lezlee at 602-354-5224.
· The Arizona Capitol Museum (AzCM) is hosting an exhibit of the 2014 winners of Arizona Forward’s “34th Annual Environmental Excellence Awards” through May 13. Arizona Forward and SRP presented 20 first-place Crescordia awards and 24 Awards of Merit. The winning projects set standards for achieving a balance between the built and natural environment in Arizona’s physical, technical, social and aesthetic development. The AzCM is open M-F, 9am-4pm, and Sat, 10 am-2 pm. Free parking for Museum visitors in Wesley Bolin Plaza at 17th Avenue and Washington Street. For information 602-926-3620. AzCM online at www.azlibrary.gov/AZCM.
THURSDAY, MAY 14
· Flagstaff Tea Party will present K Carl Smith, CEO/Founder of the Frederick Douglass Republicans at 6:30 pm., May 14 at the LaQuinta Inn, 2015 Beulah Blvd., Flagstaff, AZ 86001.
· The Republican National Committee (RNC) Spring Meeting is in process at the Phoenician Hotel in Scottsdale. Sen Rick Santrum will speak at 12:30 pm., Thurs., May 14 luncheon and Gov Jeb Bush will address the 7:30 pm reception/dinner. Presidential candidate Mike Huckabee and Ariz Gov Doug Ducey will speak at the 1 pm., Fri., May 15 luncheon.
· Governor Doug Ducey will host economic development, education, business and elected leaders from all corners of Arizona for a leadership summit at 1:30 pm., Thur., May 14, 2015 at University of Phoenix Stadium.. Speakers include:
ü Arthur Brooks, President of the American Enterprise Institute
ü An Education Panel featuring Joel Klein, former Chancellor of the New York City Department of Education and
ü Paul Pastorek, former Louisiana Superintendent of Public Instruction
ü Frank Luntz, Author, pollster, and leading communications consultant.
· Gov Doug Ducey’s ‘Governor’s Leadership Summit’ is scheduled at 1:30 pm., Thurs., May 14 at the University of Phoenix.
FRIDAY, MAY 15
· The Republican National Committee (RNC) Spring Meeting is in its last day at the Phoenician Hotel in Scottsdale. Presidential candidate Mike Huckabee and Ariz Gov Doug Ducey will speak at the 1 pm., Fri., May 15 luncheon.
· The AzFRW Summer Meeting is scheduled May 15 and 16 in Mesa. Registration deadline is May 7. AzFRW Summer Meeting Registration Form
SATURDAY, MAY 16
· A Celebration Of Life Memorial For Governor Raul Castro will be held at 11 am., Sat., May 16 at the Arizona State Capitol, according to Gov Doug Ducey. Details will continued to be released. Gov’s office contact: Kim Sabow. 602-542-1457 firstname.lastname@example.org
Memorial masses hosted by the Castro family:
ü 9 am., May 15 at the Sacred Heart Catholic Church, 272 N Rodriguez St., Nogales, AZ
ü 2 pm, May 15 at St. Augustine’s Cathedral, 192 S Stone Ave., Tucson, AZ
The official funeral mass will be held at 9 a.m. on May 16 at St. Mary's Basilica, 400 E Monroe St, Phoenix, AZ, 85004. Castro's ashes with interred in a private ceremony at the Sedona Community Cemetery in Sedona, AZ. Family contact: James Garcia, 602-460-1374, email@example.com
· The Cobre Valley Republican Club Armed Forces Day Luncheon is scheduled at 11:30 am., Sat., May 16 at the Elks Club in Globe, AZ. Speakers include State Treasurer Jeff DeWit, LD6 Sen Sylvia Allen, and AZ Teenage Republicans Chairman Lilia Dashevsky. Rev Clyde Bowen will give the invocation. $30 per person. Two for $55. Doors open at 10:30 am. Contact: Judy Moorhead 928-200-2468.
· The Moral Action Ministry Presents Supt of Public Education Diane Douglas in the Arizona State Government in Action-The 1st 100 days of 2015 between 9:34 am and noon, Sat., May 16 at the North Scottsdale Christian Church, 28700 N. Pima Road, (Dynamite & Pima) Scottsdale, AZ. LD23 Reps Michele Ugenti and Jay Lawrence will address legislative issues.
· The Fountain Hills Republican Club will hear Supt of Public Instructions Diane Douglas on Sat., May 16. Jon Riches of the Goldwater Institute will highlight the Sat., June 20 monthly meeting. Meetings are held in the Fountain Hills Community Center, 13001 N La Montana Dr., Fountain Hills, AZ 85268 stating promptly at 9 am. 8:30 am social. Contact: FHRepublican@gmail.com
The Tucson Expo Prepperfest/Gun Show is scheduled Sat & Sun., May 16 & 17. $10 for both days . Click Here For $2 Off Coupon!
SUNDAY, MAY 17
· The May 17 Las Fuentes Village Forum will feature Yavapai County Attorney Sheila Polk addressing: "Consequences of Recreational Marijuana" at 3 pm., at
1035 Scott Dr. Prescott, AZ, Moderator: Malcolm Barrett, Jr. Contact: Jacquie Auwarter (928 )776-7453.
· The Verde Valley Republican Women luncheon is scheduled at 11:30 am, May 20 at the Sedona Rouge Hotel and Spa, 2250 Hwy 89A, Sedona, AZ. Meet/greet at 11 am., $17 per person. LD 6 Sen. Sylvia Allen, and Reps Brenda Barton and Bob Thorpe will provide a legislative update. RSVP: Erna Sesek (928) 284-4248 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Yavapai County Young Republicans will meet at 6:30 pm., May 26 at a yet to be determined location. Contact: Matthew Perry at email@example.com
· The Republican Women of Prescott will meet at 11:30 am., May 26 at the Prescott to hear Dr. Zuhdi Jasser author of "A Battle for the Soul of Islam. " $20 each. RSVP: Elsie Tyree, firstname.lastname@example.org, (928-778-0235 or Pam Calhoon, email@example.com (928) 778-7157.
· The Yavapai County Republican Party’s Frontier Days BBQ Buffet is scheduled at 6:30 pm, July 3. 5:30 pm social hour, no host bar. $65 per person or $600 per table of 10. RSVP 776-4500 or firstname.lastname@example.org
MONDAY, MAY 18
· The Sun City Republican Club will meet at 6:30 pm., May 18 at the Sundial Center 14801 N 103rd Ave, , in Sun City with Maricopa County Community College Board members Jean McGrath and John Heep. 6:30 pm – social.
· Man-Dead-After-Officer-Involved-Shooting-In-Kearny Charged Officer With Samurai Sword
· Saudi-King-Salman-To-Miss-Gulf-Nation-Summit-In-US Obama Denies Snub
· McCain Needs A New Barney Fife E J Montini
· Wise Mom Delivers Alarming Message Muslim colonization in USA under auspices of United Nations, US State Dept. and influenced by powerful Muslim supremacist group, Organization of Islamic Cooperation
· Hillary’s Amnesty Deceit Gravely Imperils USA Brazen Lies A Way Of Life For Hillary Clinton
AZ Regents Grant Illegals In-State University Tuition ABOR And Superior Court Judge Reward Illegality In Arizona
· Arizonans-Realize-They-Made-Mistake-In Ducey Job Disapproval At 44%
· I Support Free Speech, But ...Bill Whittle
· UN-Reveals-Horrifying-Islamist-Sex-Markets Alan West
· AZGOP financial reports filed/ AZ Sec of State azsos.gov/cfs/FilerDetail
· FEC Filing Updated/Current AZGOP Financials Info CandidateCommitteeDetail.do?canId
· AZ Border Defenders Updated Daily
· Need2No Border News Watch
LAW AND ORDER
BILL AND HILLARY