- ► August (19)
- ► July (31)
- ► June (30)
- ► May (31)
- ► April (24)
- ► March (27)
- ► February (28)
- ► January (31)
- ► December (29)
- ► November (30)
- ► October (31)
- ► September (32)
- ► August (31)
- ► July (31)
- ► June (30)
- ► May (30)
- ► April (30)
- ► March (31)
- ► February (28)
- ► January (31)
- ► December (30)
- ► November (29)
- ▼ October (31)
- ► September (29)
- ► August (32)
- ► July (25)
- ► June (21)
- ► May (31)
- ► April (30)
- ► March (30)
- ► February (29)
- ► January (31)
- ► December (28)
- ► November (30)
- ► October (32)
- ► September (29)
- ► August (32)
- ► July (31)
- ► June (27)
- ► May (31)
- ► April (36)
- ► March (42)
- ► February (35)
- ► January (34)
- ► December (39)
- ► November (35)
- ► October (42)
- ► September (37)
- ► August (35)
- ► July (37)
- ► June (37)
- ► May (21)
- ► April (33)
- ► March (39)
- ► February (36)
- ► January (38)
- ► December (39)
- ► November (32)
- ► October (37)
- ► September (39)
- ► August (42)
Briefs Editor Frosty Taylor firstname.lastname@example.org
Web Master John Strasser
Saturday – Oct 17, 2015
· LD22 Needs Food Volunteers For Its Oct 19 Meeting. Here are some ideas: spaghetti, fruit salad, pie, coleslaw, oriental salad, meat dish, sandwiches, banana pudding, cold cuts with cheese and crackers, shrimp, chicken salad, barbeque, kabobs or anything that suits your fancy.... For those that have and continue do donate, please know we are very appreciative for your generosity and support. Contact: Food coordinator Heather Morgan 602-410-9817 or email (HLMorgan@cox.net).
· And Speaking Of Food. Marsha Hill, Scott Powelsen and RJ Morris hosted a ‘PCs Get Acquainted” party this evening in the foothills in Wickenburg. It was a beautiful evening for eating outside and chatting under the stars. Mayor John Cook brought his pulled pork and Ernie McCollum his pulled chicken. Both are known throughout the community for their specialties. Rep Darin Mitchell and companion Sondra Duncan spent the day inspecting houses down in Maricopa, but they made it all the way to Wickenburg in time for the festivities. Hill is talking about a repeat performance after the holidays. Way to go Marsha.
· The Arizona Republican Assembly (AzRA) And The Republicans Of Maricopa County Executive Guidance Committee (EGC) have taken positions in opposition of school district overrides and bond issues coming up on the Nov 3 ballot. AzRA has taken the lead in putting in hours of research on the various overrides. It seems the more AzRA digs, the more data they find on why overrides should not be passed. AzRA Chairman Thayer Verschoor and First Vice Chairman Phil Mason can be reached at email@example.com to arrange for a presentation on “Truth in (School) Finance” that exposes indiscretions within school district budgets. Over in the Dysart School, check with NWV AzRA Chapter Chairman Lyle Tuttle at firstname.lastname@example.org for an override presentation specific to the Dysart School District. The RMC EGC voted Oct 7 to oppose all override/bond issues in Maricopa County.
· “The Maricopa County GOP is calling for sweeping reforms to school district override election laws, in order to ensure that the voting public is no longer misled regarding how the money will be spent should the tax increase be approved,” according to Communications Director Jake Hoffman.
“The overwhelming majority of voters in Arizona are unaware that school districts are only legally obligated to spend override monies on the priorities outlined in the official voter pamphlets and promoted by pro-tax political action committees in the first year. After year one, school districts are free to waste the override dollars on whatever non-essential, non-classroom purposes they choose,” Hoffman’s release reads.
"Legislation to correct the widespread voter confusion as to how override dollars can be spent and the manner in which those expenditures are communicated to the public prior to the election is long overdue," said Hoffman. "As a former elected school board member, I have sat in public meetings where in response to questions about the spending priorities listed in the voter pamphlet language, the district’s staff attorney has advised the board not to worry about the specifics of the language because the district is only legally obligated to spend the money as indicated in the first year and then it can be spent however the district desires."
“Arizona school children and the education they receive are too important to be left to these bait-and-switch tax schemes pushed by public school district administrators under the guise of teacher pay and smaller classes, when in reality the steep decline in dollars going to classroom tells us that these very district leaders intend to squander the money on non-classroom expenditures,” according to Hoffman’s release. Contact: Hoffman (480) 980-7020 Jake@MaricopaCountyGOP.com
· Editor’s Note: Briefs sent a note to Hoffman and Chairman Tyler Bowyer Friday evening inquiring as to when the Executive Guidance Committee voted to call for “sweeping reforms to override election laws; what the vote was, and what specific reforms the County GOP is calling for.” At post time, Briefs hasn’t heard from Maricopa County GOP leadership.
· Gov Doug Ducey has announced the official renaming of the Douglas Land Port of Entry to the Raul Hector Castro Land Port of Entry, in honor of Arizona’s late 14th governor. “Governor Castro was a devoted civil servant, a beloved family man, a loyal friend and an unforgettable, invaluable part of Arizona history,” said Ducey. “He will be remembered not only for making history as our first Mexican-American governor, but more importantly, for the work he did to make Arizona a better place to live. His mission to make our state and nation a ‘remarkable, hopeful and productive land of opportunity’ is an example we strive to follow today. I’m proud Arizona will continue to honor Castro’s life and legacy with this fitting and lasting tribute.”
· The Northwest Maricopa County Chapter of AZRA is inviting veterans who wish to ride on the AZRA float in the Nov 11 Surprise Veterans Day Parade to call or email Lyle Tuttle 623-451-6928 or L.email@example.com... first come; first served.
· The Western Pinal County Chapter of The Arizona Republican Assembly will meet at 6:30 PM on Mon, Oct 26 at Siegel Suites Select (formerly Legacy Suites), at 540 N. Cacheris Ct, Casa Grande, located ½ mile west of I-10 on Florence Blvd. Program includes speaker Ken Bennett, Candidate for US Congress (AZ CD1). Please be sure to bring a friend. Contact: Jason Hayes 202-394-7202 firstname.lastname@example.org
· Gov Doug Ducey Has Appointed Dr. Larry Penley to fill a recent vacancy on the Arizona Board of Regents. Penley brings four decades of experience in higher education to the Board. He is the former president of Colorado State University (August 2003-December 2008) as well as the Thunderbird School of Global Management (November 2012-December 2014). He also served as Dean of the W.P. Carey School of Business at Arizona State University for more than 13 years. Prior to his service at ASU, Penley was an associate professor and associate dean at The University of Texas at San Antonio for a decade. He moved his family to Arizona 30 years ago.
· Editor’s Note: Within minutes of Briefs posting of Ducey’s appointment of Penley, these links came rolling in from a reader:
ü Arizona-State-Completes-Deal-For-Troubled-Business-School University to Pay Off $22 Million in Debts Owed by Thunderbird Full story requires Subscribe
· Tech Lauch Arizona Barings US Science To Markets According to a recently released annual report from Tech Launch Arizona, the University of Arizona is on track to expand its status as one of the nation’s top research universities through its efforts to commercialize its own innovations and research.
· Arrowhead Republican Women will be meeting Wed, Nov 11 (Veterans Day) at Briarwood Country Club, 20800 N. 135th Ave., Sun City West. State Superintendent of Public Instruction Diane Douglas will address the group. Check-in begins 10:45am, meeting at 11:30am. Reservation required. No jeans. No children. $20 per person by cash or check at the door. Reservations must be made through email@example.com or arrowheadrw/luncheons. ARW is open to Republican women registered to vote in AZ . Republican men may join as associate members.
· Sky Harbor Named An Aiport Megahub The airport last week was named a top megahub, an airport with a dizzying number of connections for travelers. Sky Harbor ranked as the 10th largest megahub in the world, No. 8 in North America and No. 5 among airports with a cluster of flights from low-cost airlines like Southwest, according to a study by air-travel research firm OAG.
· Sens John McCain and Flake released the following statement today on a Department of Veterans Affairs (VA) Office of the Inspector General (OIG) investigation linking the deaths of at least four patients to significant delays in care by the Phoenix VA Health Care System’s (PVAHCS) urology department, as well as the deaths of two additional patients to non-urological quality of care issues, See full report: here.
· Peoria Program Helps Disabled Adults Get City Jobs Peoria is one of the first cities in Arizona to create an employment program like this, city officials said. The program is a branch of the city's Adaptive Recreation Program and is funded through the state Division of Developmental Disabilities.
· Infusionsoft Named Best Place For Women Infusionsoft was recently recognized as one of the 100 Best Workplaces for Women by the Great Place to Work Institute and Fortune magazine.
· AZ Gets Approval For US Bicycle Route Arizona has now received approval for its first U.S. bicycle route that will run through Arizona and connect California to New Mexico.
· See Complete List Of School District Overrides And Bond Election On Your Nov 3 early ballot at http://education.maricopa.gov/site/Default.aspx?PageID=257
· The Americans for Prosperity Foundation is conducitng a six-week certification course, beginning Nov 3 and , that provides attendees with the skills and knowledge to be effective grassroots leaders. Classes free, includes dinner.
ü Sign up HERE for the Tucson class beginning Tues, Nov 3.
ü Sign up HERE for the Phoenix class beginning Wed, Nov 4.
· The Arizona Project will meet at 6:30 pm., Mon., Oct 19 at 3375 E. Shea Blvd., Suite 2 Phoenix, AZ 85028 to discuss ‘Federal Land Grabs’ with a group of grassroots activists from Sedona who are experiencing an attempt by the federal government to encroach by turning Coconino National Forest and the red rocks of Sedona into a national monument via President Barack Obama’s executive order. This Federal Land Grab aka ‘Keep Sedona Beautiful’ expands 1.3 million acres into the Grand Canyon Watershed National Monument changing forever the land usage we have enjoyed. Under the Obama Administration the use of the Antiquities Act of 1906 the Administration as caused significant restrictions on the use and access on millions of acres in western states since he has come to office, more than any other president in recent history. How will a 1.3 million acre National Monument in our backyard Effect You? Can the Federal encroachment be stopped? Isn't it time to "JUST SAY NO!" Contact: Ronald Ludders, Chairman at 602-677-1496.
· Veteran’s Organizations, legislative districts, Republican axillaries, political grassroots groups, Tea Party, Young Republican or TAR's have a free table awaiting you at the Feb 20. 2016 Candidate Correl scheduled at Pioneer Village (I-17 just north of Carefree Highway). Presidental candidates have been invited as well as Congressman Trey Gowdy. Contact: Ron Ludders, Arizona Project Chairman at 602-677-1496.
· GOP Presidential Candidate Contacts:
Ben Carson www.bencarson.com
Bobby Jindal www.bobbyjindal.com
Carly Forina www.carlyforpresident.com
Chris Christi www.chrischristie.com
Donald Trump www.donaldjtrump.com
George Patake www.georgepataki.com
Jeb Bush www.jeb2016.com
John Kasich www.johnkasich.com
Lindsey Graham www.lindseygraham.com
Marc Rubio www.marcorubio.com
Mike Huckabee www.mikehuckabee
Rand Paul www.randpaul.com
*Rick Perry www.rickperry.org Campaign suspended
Rick Santorum www.ricksantorum.com
Scott Walker www.scottwalker.com Campaign suspended
Ted Cruz www.tedcruz.org
· Call The White House 202-456-1111 Comments. Switchboard: 202-456-1414. Contact Senate https://www.senate.gov/ or Representatives http://www.house.gov/ Let them know how you feel. Hold their feet to the fire. They wanted these positions so badly, hold them accountable. Arizona delegation phone numbers:
CALENDAR OF EVENTS
· A Geology, Gold, and Streams Two-Hour Walk is scheduled at 9 am., Sun., Oct 18 at Spur Cross Ranch Conservation Area, 44000 N. Spur Cross Road, Cave Creek, AZ 85331 with nationally-known earth science author, Thomas McGuire. Bring water. Meet in the Spur Cross parking area Ph: 480-488-6601 firstname.lastname@example.org
· Operation Enduring Gratitude (Veterans serving Veterans by Rebuilding Homes and Lives) is collecting canned good between Oct 19-Nov 13 at Wes MEC. Contact: OEG founder Charlie Ellis (480) 678-0938 Charlie@OperationEnduringGratitude.Org
· The Oct 19 Sun City Republican Club meeting will host House candidates Tony Rivero and Kevin Payne, and Corporation Commission candidate Rick Gray at 7 pm., in the Sundial Center, 14801 N 103rd Ave., Sun City, AZ. The nominating committee will address nominees for the 2016 Club Board members. There will be a discussion on the Christmas Party location and time. The Oct 19 pot luck will start at 6:30 pm, the club will furnish the main dish and also desert along with utensils. Please bring side dishes for 8 people. All republicans and independents voters are welcome to bring guests. Contact: email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org
· The Center for Arizona Policy is celebrating 20-year anniversary celebration at 7:30 pm., Tues., Oct 20 at the Mesa Arts Center in the Ikeda Theater. 1 E Main St, Mesa, AZ 85201 Semiformal Attire required. Speakers span the history of CAP, you will also be treated to a concert from Shane & Shane. Tickets: $25 per person. Call CAP office at 602.424.2525.
· The AZ East Valley Pro-Life Alliance is presenting "A Bold New Pro-Life Strategy" with former Maricopa County Attorney Andrew Thomas at 7 pm., Tues., Oct 20 at the Chandler Knights of Columbus Hall, 644 E Chandler Blvd., Chandler, AZ. Free admission. Refreshments served. RSVP 480-216-7219 or Life@evprolifealliance.org www.evprolifealliance.org
· The Gilbert Chamber of Commerce and the Higley Unified School District will host a roundtable meeting discussion on educational issues 7:30-9 am., Oct 20. Location tba.
· The Prescott Valley Oathkeepers have changed its meetings to the third Tuesday of the month. They will meet at 5 pm., Tues., Oct 20 at Puerta Vallarta Mexican Restaurant, 11901 E. Hwy 69, Dewey, AZ, 86327 (just south of the Fain Road/PCC intersection.) Meeting in the rear dining room, park in rear of restaurant parking area. RSVP to http://oathkeepers.org/
· LD10 will meet at 6 pm., Tues., Oct 20 at the Wilmot Public Library, 530 North Wilmot Road, Tucson, AZ 85711 to hear a presentation by LD2 Rep Chris Ackerley. Election of a third vice chairman, secretary and treasurer is scheduled. Credentials open at 5:30 pm. Contact: Phone: (520) 321-1492 email@example.com
· The Pima County Republican Club will meet at 11:30 am., Tues., Oct 20 at 450 S Tucson Blvd. Tucson, Arizona 85716. Contact: Phone: (520) 321-1492 firstname.lastname@example.org
· The Fountain Hills AZ Tea Party will meet the (3rd Tues) at 6:30 pm., Oct 20, in the Fountain Hills Unified School District Learning Center, 16000 E Palisades Blvd. (Palisades Blvd. & Golden Eagle Blvd.) with Mark Spencer, the Southwest Regional Projects Coordinator for Judicial Watch. Judicial Watch is a national organization promoting transparency in government. Its motto is, "because nobody is above the law." Admission is free but donations to help offset expenses are welcome and appreciated. Contact: Richard Rutkowski email@example.com or www.fhteaparty.org
· The 20th Anniversary of the Arizona Center for Policy celebration will feature Christian recording artists Shane & Shane along with special guests spanning CAP’s history at 7:30 pm., Tues., Oct 20 at Mesa Arts Center in the Ikeda Theater, 1 E Main St, Mesa, AZ 85201 Semiformal Attire. Tickets $25 each. Center for Arizona Policy firstname.lastname@example.org
· Former Maricopa County Attorney Andrew Thomas will address the Knights of Columbus and the East Valley Pro-Life Alliance at 7 pm., Tues., Oct 20 at the Chandler Knights of Columbus Hall, 644 E Chandler Blvd., Chandler. Topic: A Bold New Pro-Life Stratgey. Free Admission, Refreshments served. Donations accepted. Contact www.evprolifealliance.org 480-216-7219.
· Receptions In Support Of The Arizona Republican Party, featuring Gov Doug Ducey and AZGOP Chairman Robert Graham, is scheduled at 7 pm, Tues, Oct 20 at the Capitol Hill Club in Washington, DC. Suggested contribution: Host - $5,000, PAC or $1,000 Individual, Attendee: $1,000 PAC or $500 Individual. Co-hosts Senators Jeff Flake and John McCain, Congressmen Trent Franks, Paul Gosar, Martha McSally, Matt Salmon, David Schweikert and honorary host include former congressmen Jim Kolbe, Jon Kyl and John Shadegg. RSVP Michelle Hyde at (602) 633-2777, email@example.com or Corinne Lovas at (623) 218-6616, firstname.lastname@example.org
· Young Republican Professionals will meet at 7 pm, Oct 20 at AZGOP Headquarters, 3501 N. 24th St., Phx with 960AM The Patriot Seth Leibsohn of Arizonans for Responsible Drug Policy to discuss the debate to legalize marijuana and its place in the 2016 elections. RSVP on Facebook here facebook.com/events
· The Surprise Tea Party will meet at 6:30 pm., Tues., Oct 20 in the Grand Canyon Room of the Sun City West Foundation Plaza, 14465 W R H Johnson Blvd., Sun City West, AZ 85375 for updates on several current issues. See agenda surpriseteapartypatriots.meeting/
· Palo Verde Republican Women will meet Oct 21 at Grayhawk Golf Club, 8620 Thompson Peak Parkway, Scottsdale. Speaker Seth Leibsohn will discuss terrorism and unrest in the Middle East. Leibsohn is the host of The Patriot nightly radio show and co-author with Bill Bennett book: "The Fight of Our Lives: Knowing the Enemy, Speaking the Truth and Choosing to Win the War Against Radical Islam". Tarra Matyas, will also give a brief message on this years, Wreath's Across America, a project honoring our deceased veterans, wreath laying is Dec.12th at Arlington, wreaths are $15. Social begins at 1l am. Lunch/Program 11:30 am. Luncheon $27 by credit card, cash or check $26. RSVP to Edith Stock email@example.com or call 480-298-7818.
· Sen David Farnsworth will address Freedom Fires at 6:30pm., Wed., Oct 21 at Burke Basic School, 131 E Southern Ave., Mesa, AZ 85210.
· The Western Pinal County Republicans meet at 5:30 pm, Wed., Oct 21 at Eva’s Fine Mexican Restaurant in Casa Grande. Contact: pinal.county
· The Maricopa Republican Club meets at 10am, Thurs, Oct 22 at Villages Community Center City of Maricopa. Contact: pinal.county
· The 2015 Arizona Grassroots Coalition Conference will open at 10 am., Fri., Oct 23 and ending at 6 pm., Sat., Oct 24 at the Scottsdale Resort & Conference Center, 7700 E McCormick Parkway, Scottsdale. All Presidential candidates have been invited to speak. Awaiting confirmations. General admission - $15 per person for both days. Preferred Admission Tickets - $40 for both days with preferred center stage seating, and one free raffle entry. Admission to both days, including VIP main stage table seating, plus two free raffle $90 per person. Ticket sales: Debra at phone # 480-659-2433 or Tickets@libertypromotional.event.com Also see libertypromotionalevents.com/ or http://www.libertypromotionalevents.com/
· The Payson Christian School Fall Festival will be held from 4-6 pm, Fri, Oct 23 from 4-6 pm at the school, 1000 E. Frontier St., Payson, AZ 85541. Admission $10. Contact Julia Callahan firstname.lastname@example.org
· The Lincoln Republican Women’s Self Defense Seminar is scheduled at 10 am., Sat., Oct 24 at the New McCormick Resort, 7401 N Scottsdale Rd., Scottsdale, featuring marshall arts demonstrations, pepper spray and tazer use and how to use a gun for proper self-defense. $25 per person. Reservations required. RSVP to Judy Eisenhower 480-941-8162 or email@example.com
· Pioneer Living History Museum Harvest Fest is scheduled from 9 am-5 pm., Oct 17-18, 24-25 and Oct 31-Nov 1 at 3901 W Pioneer, (Phoenix Exit 225 from I-17 North of Carefree Highway). Free pumpkins while supply lasts. Gun shows, pumpkin patch painting, hayrides, vendors, music, family entertainment, gold panning etc. Tickets pioneerharvestfest.tickets/ $24 At Gate, kids 2 and under free. Police Officers/Firefighters: $1 per paid head (attendance) will be donated to the 100 Club and Firefighters Charities (it will be a split .50 each per paid person). 25% off to firefighters and police officers along with their families (up to 3 guests). This can be combined with coupons.
· Politics on the Rocks sponsoring the 2 pm., “Reunion” of The Bentley Scottsdale Polo Championships: Horses & Horsepower on Sat, Oct 24 at Westworld of Scottsdale's Polo Field, 16601 N. Pima Rd. (101 & Frank Lloyd Wright Blvd.), Scottsdale, AZ 85260. tickets click here. Contact: National Committee member firstname.lastname@example.org
· Hillary Calls For Government Gun Confiscation Liberal Hypocrites Aim To Disarm Us
- No Permission Slip Needed; States Have Inherent Authority To Enforce Immigration Laws... Enough Of The Lies
- Pearce Responds To Montini
· Comment on Arizona's Common Core English/Language Arts and Math Standards. The AZ Dept of Ed provides a link for the public to comment on Arizona's K-12 Mathematics Standards and the Arizona K-12 English Language Arts and Literacy Standards
REPUBLICAN PARTY OF MARICOPA COUNTY
· AZ Border Defenders Updated Daily
· Need2no Border News Watch
SECOND AMENDMENT, FIREARMS
WAR ON WOMEN
BILL AND HILLARY
COMMON CORE/ AGENDA 21
· “Islam Was Never Part Of Europe. It’s The Rulebook Of Another World”: Hungary’s Prime Minister Orban