- ► August (18)
- ► July (31)
- ► June (30)
- ► May (31)
- ► April (24)
- ► March (27)
- ► February (28)
- ► January (31)
- ► December (29)
- ► November (30)
- ► October (31)
- ► September (32)
- ► August (31)
- ► July (31)
- ► June (30)
- ► May (30)
- ► April (30)
- ► March (31)
- ► February (28)
- ► January (31)
- ► December (30)
- ► November (29)
- ▼ October (31)
- ► September (29)
- ► August (32)
- ► July (25)
- ► June (21)
- ► May (31)
- ► April (30)
- ► March (30)
- ► February (29)
- ► January (31)
- ► December (28)
- ► November (30)
- ► October (32)
- ► September (29)
- ► August (32)
- ► July (31)
- ► June (27)
- ► May (31)
- ► April (36)
- ► March (42)
- ► February (35)
- ► January (34)
- ► December (39)
- ► November (35)
- ► October (42)
- ► September (37)
- ► August (35)
- ► July (37)
- ► June (37)
- ► May (21)
- ► April (33)
- ► March (39)
- ► February (36)
- ► January (38)
- ► December (39)
- ► November (32)
- ► October (37)
- ► September (39)
- ► August (42)
Briefs Editor Frosty Taylor firstname.lastname@example.org
Web Master John Strasser
Monday – Oct 19, 2015
· The Pima County Board of Supervisors has called a special 2 pm., Wed., Oct 21 meeting to vote on a hand count audit and the appointment of a new Republican Party designee to the Accuracy Certification Board for the Nov 3 election. Supervisor Ally Miller requested the special meeting following cancellation of the regular Oct 20 meeting due to lack of a quorum when several members were attending a funeral. The special meeting will be held in the first floor hearing room of the County Administration Building, 130 W Congress, Tucson.
· Wake Up America will meet at 6:30 pm., Tues., Oct 20 at Coco’s Restaurant, 9801 W Bell Road, Sun City, AZ to hear US Senate candidate Clair Van Steenwyk address his campaign.
· The AZ East Valley Pro-Life Alliance Rosary Eve Dinner with Fr. Dennis Bill is scheduled at 7 pm., Sat., Oct 24 at St. Paul’s Church, 330 W. Coral Gables. 5 pm Vigil Mass. 6:30 pm Holy House. RSVP by Tues, Oct 20 to 480-216-7217.
· Gov Doug Ducey will kick off National Red Ribbon Week, an annual awareness campaign aimed at educating Arizona communities about substance abuse and the stigma associated with addiction, at 8:30 am., Thurs., Oct 22 at the state Capitol. Speakers include Maricopa County Attorney Bill Montgomery, and Col. Frank L. Milstead, director of the Department of Public Safety. Information goyff.az.gov.
· Pima County Democratic Legislators are hosting a K-12 Education Town Hall at 7 pm., Wed., Oct 21 in the Catalina High School Auditorium, 3645 E Pima St., Tucson. Seating limited to 900.
· Activist Wes Harris on Common Core: The ‘Parent's Rally Against Common Core’ at the Capital Saturday presented testimony regarding the fight to rid schools of Common Core and return them to 'local control'. The themes were:
Opting Out: The Attorney General and various School Superintendents are ignoring the law - in Title 15 - that allows a parent to opt their child out of any activity they find offensive. Section 15-102 delineates what is required of the Governing Board of each School District. Paragraph 4: Procedures about parental rights and responsibilities under the laws of this state, including the following: subsection (c) The right to opt out of assignments pursuant to this section. These provisions were noted in the July 4, 2013 Petition for Redress of Grievances served on the Governor, Senate President, Speaker of the House and the Superintendent of Public Instructions, who ignored our petition. New legislation more clearly clarifying this parental right will be considered in the 2016 State Legislature.
Legislation: Last session, we missed passing a bill eliminating Common Core by one vote in the Senate. We all need to pressure both our House and Senate representatives to pass a new 2016 bill.
Judicial Action: Rep Mark Finchem of Oro Valley has founded "It's My PII" aimed at protecting Personally Identifiable Information on our children. While there will be a separate legislative action in 2016, we need to file a suit in Federal Court stripping the ability outlined in Common Core to share private information on every student in Arizona with the Federal Government and other parties. There are 1.1 million children in Arizona's public school system. If each parent contributed one dollar for each child in school, we could raise $1.1 million to file the suit. Visit www.ItsMyPII.com to support this most important effort to take control of the private information of our children. Email: email@example.com.
· Congresswoman Martha McSally’s Border Jobs For Veterans Act was signed by President Obama late Friday, making it McSally’s first legislation to become public law. The legislation requires cooperation between the Departments of Defense (DOD) and Homeland Security (DHS) to ensure separating service members are aware of hiring opportunities for Customs and Border Protection positions. The law represents a significant accomplishment, especially for a freshman lawmaker, as just the 68th piece of legislation to pass both chambers of Congress and become law this year. “This is how Washington is supposed to work,” said Rep. McSally. “We identified a problem, put together a bipartisan solution, and worked together to get it across the finish line and signed into law. This new policy will help fill the vacancies at our ports of entry with qualified, trained service members, helping them transition to civilian life while addressing the staffing shortages at our ports. I’m proud to be part of this bipartisan effort to get results on a local problem, and will continue to work to advance commonsense, achievable solutions on the issues important to Southern Arizonans.”
· AZ Congressional Delegation members Senators Jeff Flake and John McCain and Rep Martha McSally today applauded the White House’s announcement that the Border Jobs for Veterans Act has been signed into law. First introduced in the Senate by Senators Flake, McCain, Ron Johnson (R-WI) and Chuck Schumer (D-NY) on June 17, the new law will expedite the hiring of veterans as Customs and Border Protection (CBP) officers at understaffed U.S. ports of entry without raising costs or impacting existing veteran hiring authorities. McSally introduced the companion bill to the Border Jobs for Veterans Act in the House of Representatives on June 18.
· The Fountain Hills Republican Club's “Social” will be held at 6 pm, Tues., Oct 27 at Fireside Grill inside the Lexington Hotel, 12800 N. Saguaro Blvd, Fountain Hills.
This is a social event. No speeches, no reservations, no host social. No host drink (and optional food). Dinner or hors d'ouevres available. All Fountain Hills Republican Club "GOP Socials" are open to all interested persons, membership in the FH Republican Club is not required. Contact: Club's secretary Boe James at FHRepublican@gmail.com or http://www.FHRepublicanClub.org.
· Arrowhead Republican Women will be meeting Wed, Nov 11 (Veterans Day) at Briarwood Country Club, 20800 N. 135th Ave., Sun City West. State Superintendent of Public Instruction Diane Douglas will address the group. Check-in begins 10:45am, meeting at 11:30am. Reservation required. No jeans. No children. $20 per person by cash or check at the door. Reservations must be made through firstname.lastname@example.org or arrowheadrw/luncheons. ARW is open to Republican women registered to vote in AZ . Republican men may join as associate members.
· Az East Valley Pro-Life Alliance’s Barleens Annual Christmas Dinner & Show is scheduled at 7:30 pm., Fri., Dec 4 in Apache Junction. Seating starts at 5:30 pm. $36 per person – dinner/show. Cash Bar ( wine and beer). RSVP deadline: October 30. Phone 480-216-7217.
· Gilbert Resident Christine Accurso is planning an announcement at 2 pm., Sat., Nov 14 in The Pavilion behind the Gilbert House at 397 S. Gilbert Road. Snacks and drinks. Contact:
· Young Americans for Liberty are hosting State Senator Kelli Ward at 5 pm., Wed., Oct 28 in the student union at Glendale Community College Student Union, 6000 W. Olive. Ave. Glendale, AZ. Free. Open to the publc. Free food and drinks provided.
· The Arizona Republican Assembly (AzRA) has taken the lead in researching the various school districts overrides/bond issues on the Nov 3 ballot. AzRA Chairman Thayer Verschoor and First Vice Chairman Phil Mason can be reached at email@example.com to arrange for a presentation on “Truth in (School) Finance” that exposes indiscretions with school district budgets. Check with NWV AzRA Chapter Chairman Lyle Tuttle at firstname.lastname@example.org for an budget presentation specific to the Dysart School District.
· See Complete List Of School District Overrides And Bond Election On Your Nov 3 early ballot at http://education.maricopa.gov/site/Default.aspx?PageID=257
· The Northwest Maricopa County Chapter of AZRA is inviting veterans who wish to ride on the AZRA float in the Nov 11 Surprise Veterans Day Parade to call or email Lyle Tuttle 623-451-6928 or L.email@example.com... first come; first served.
· The Americans for Prosperity Foundation is conducting a six-week certification course, beginning Nov 3 and , that provides attendees with the skills and knowledge to be effective grassroots leaders. Classes free, includes dinner.
ü Sign up HERE for the Tucson class beginning Tues, Nov 3.
ü Sign up HERE for the Phoenix class beginning Wed, Nov 4.
· Those Who Are Concerned About Your School District Budget or upcoming override/bond issues can contact AzRA for a presentation on school financing. They have done their homework and you’ll be surprise to get the facts about why your tax dollars aren’t filtering down into the classroom, what administrators aren’t about to tell you, and where to look to find the waste in your public schools.
AzRA is the forefront in the forefront in the major issues facing our state and the Republican Party including school finance & bond/override elections, ballot harvesting, and closed primary power point presentations in County, Legislative District, Tea Party and Republican Club meetings. To arrange for an AzRA eye opener go to firstname.lastname@example.org or www.azra2016.com
· GOP Presidential Candidate Contacts:
Ben Carson www.bencarson.com
Bobby Jindal www.bobbyjindal.com
Carly Forina www.carlyforpresident.com
Chris Christi www.chrischristie.com
Donald Trump www.donaldjtrump.com
George Patake www.georgepataki.com
Jeb Bush www.jeb2016.com
John Kasich www.johnkasich.com
Lindsey Graham www.lindseygraham.com
Marc Rubio www.marcorubio.com
Mike Huckabee www.mikehuckabee
Rand Paul www.randpaul.com
*Rick Perry www.rickperry.org Campaign suspended
Rick Santorum www.ricksantorum.com
Scott Walker www.scottwalker.com Campaign suspended
Ted Cruz www.tedcruz.org
· Call The White House 202-456-1111 Comments. Switchboard: 202-456-1414. Contact Senate https://www.senate.gov/ or Representatives http://www.house.gov/ Let them know how you feel. Hold their feet to the fire. They wanted these positions so badly, hold them accountable. Arizona delegation phone numbers:
CALENDAR OF EVENTS
· The Center for Arizona Policy is celebrating 20-year anniversary celebration at 7:30 pm., Tues., Oct 20 at the Mesa Arts Center in the Ikeda Theater. 1 E Main St, Mesa, AZ 85201 Semiformal Attire required. Speakers span the history of CAP, you will also be treated to a concert from Shane & Shane. Tickets: $25 per person. Call CAP office at 602.424.2525.
· The AZ East Valley Pro-Life Alliance is presenting "A Bold New Pro-Life Strategy" with former Maricopa County Attorney Andrew Thomas at 7 pm., Tues., Oct 20 at the Chandler Knights of Columbus Hall, 644 E Chandler Blvd., Chandler, AZ. Free admission. Refreshments served. RSVP 480-216-7219 or Life@evprolifealliance.org www.evprolifealliance.org
· The Gilbert Chamber of Commerce and the Higley Unified School District will host a roundtable meeting discussion on educational issues 7:30-9 am., Oct 20. Location tba.
· The Prescott Valley Oathkeepers have changed its meetings to the third Tuesday of the month. They will meet at 5 pm., Tues., Oct 20 at Puerta Vallarta Mexican Restaurant, 11901 E. Hwy 69, Dewey, AZ, 86327 (just south of the Fain Road/PCC intersection.) Meeting in the rear dining room, park in rear of restaurant parking area. RSVP to http://oathkeepers.org/
· LD10 will meet at 6 pm., Tues., Oct 20 at the Wilmot Public Library, 530 North Wilmot Road, Tucson, AZ 85711 to hear a presentation by LD2 Rep Chris Ackerley. Election of a third vice chairman, secretary and treasurer is scheduled. Credentials open at 5:30 pm. Contact: Phone: (520) 321-1492 email@example.com
· The Pima County Republican Club will meet at 11:30 am., Tues., Oct 20 at 450 S Tucson Blvd. Tucson, Arizona 85716. Contact: Phone: (520) 321-1492 firstname.lastname@example.org
· The Fountain Hills AZ Tea Party will meet the (3rd Tues) at 6:30 pm., Oct 20, in the Fountain Hills Unified School District Learning Center, 16000 E Palisades Blvd. (Palisades Blvd. & Golden Eagle Blvd.) with Mark Spencer, the Southwest Regional Projects Coordinator for Judicial Watch. Judicial Watch is a national organization promoting transparency in government. Its motto is, "because nobody is above the law." Admission is free but donations to help offset expenses are welcome and appreciated. Contact: Richard Rutkowski email@example.com or www.fhteaparty.org
· The 20th Anniversary of the Arizona Center for Policy celebration will feature Christian recording artists Shane & Shane along with special guests spanning CAP’s history at 7:30 pm., Tues., Oct 20 at Mesa Arts Center in the Ikeda Theater, 1 E Main St, Mesa, AZ 85201 Semiformal Attire. Tickets $25 each. Center for Arizona Policy firstname.lastname@example.org
· Former Maricopa County Attorney Andrew Thomas will address the Knights of Columbus and the East Valley Pro-Life Alliance at 7 pm., Tues., Oct 20 at the Chandler Knights of Columbus Hall, 644 E Chandler Blvd., Chandler. Topic: A Bold New Pro-Life Stratgey. Free Admission, Refreshments served. Donations accepted. Contact www.evprolifealliance.org 480-216-7219.
· Receptions In Support Of The Arizona Republican Party, featuring Gov Doug Ducey and AZGOP Chairman Robert Graham, is scheduled at 7 pm, Tues, Oct 20 at the Capitol Hill Club in Washington, DC. Suggested contribution: Host - $5,000, PAC or $1,000 Individual, Attendee: $1,000 PAC or $500 Individual. Co-hosts Senators Jeff Flake and John McCain, Congressmen Trent Franks, Paul Gosar, Martha McSally, Matt Salmon, David Schweikert and honorary host include former congressmen Jim Kolbe, Jon Kyl and John Shadegg. RSVP Michelle Hyde at (602) 633-2777, email@example.com or Corinne Lovas at (623) 218-6616, firstname.lastname@example.org
· Young Republican Professionals will meet at 7 pm, Oct 20 at AZGOP Headquarters, 3501 N. 24th St., Phx with 960AM The Patriot Seth Leibsohn of Arizonans for Responsible Drug Policy to discuss the debate to legalize marijuana and its place in the 2016 elections. RSVP on Facebook here facebook.com/events
· The Surprise Tea Party will meet at 6:30 pm., Tues., Oct 20 in the Grand Canyon Room of the Sun City West Foundation Plaza, 14465 W R H Johnson Blvd., Sun City West, AZ 85375 for updates on several current issues. See agenda surpriseteapartypatriots.meeting/
· Palo Verde Republican Women will meet Oct 21 at Grayhawk Golf Club, 8620 Thompson Peak Parkway, Scottsdale. Speaker Seth Leibsohn will discuss terrorism and unrest in the Middle East. Leibsohn is the host of The Patriot nightly radio show and co-author with Bill Bennett book: "The Fight of Our Lives: Knowing the Enemy, Speaking the Truth and Choosing to Win the War Against Radical Islam". Tarra Matyas, will also give a brief message on this years, Wreath's Across America, a project honoring our deceased veterans, wreath laying is Dec.12th at Arlington, wreaths are $15. Social begins at 1l am. Lunch/Program 11:30 am. Luncheon $27 by credit card, cash or check $26. RSVP to Edith Stock email@example.com or call 480-298-7818.
· Sen David Farnsworth will address Freedom Fires at 6:30pm., Wed., Oct 21 at Burke Basic School, 131 E Southern Ave., Mesa, AZ 85210.
· The Western Pinal County Republicans meet at 5:30 pm, Wed., Oct 21 at Eva’s Fine Mexican Restaurant in Casa Grande. Contact: pinal.county
· The Maricopa Republican Club meets at 10am, Thurs, Oct 22 at Villages Community Center City of Maricopa. Contact: pinal.county
· The 2015 Arizona Grassroots Coalition Conference will open at 10 am., Fri., Oct 23 and ending at 6 pm., Sat., Oct 24 at the Scottsdale Resort & Conference Center, 7700 E McCormick Parkway, Scottsdale. All Presidential candidates have been invited to speak. Awaiting confirmations. General admission - $15 per person for both days. Preferred Admission Tickets - $40 for both days with preferred center stage seating, and one free raffle entry. Admission to both days, including VIP main stage table seating, plus two free raffle $90 per person. Ticket sales: Debra at phone # 480-659-2433 or Tickets@libertypromotional.event.com Also see libertypromotionalevents.com/ or http://www.libertypromotionalevents.com/
· The Payson Christian School Fall Festival will be held from 4-6 pm, Fri, Oct 23 from 4-6 pm at the school, 1000 E. Frontier St., Payson, AZ 85541. Admission $10. Contact Julia Callahan firstname.lastname@example.org
· The Lincoln Republican Women’s Self Defense Seminar is scheduled at 10 am., Sat., Oct 24 at the New McCormick Resort, 7401 N Scottsdale Rd., Scottsdale, featuring marshall arts demonstrations, pepper spray and tazer use and how to use a gun for proper self-defense. $25 per person. Reservations required. RSVP to Judy Eisenhower 480-941-8162 or email@example.com
· Pioneer Living History Museum Harvest Fest is scheduled from 9 am-5 pm., Oct 24-25 and Oct 31-Nov 1 at 3901 W Pioneer, (Phoenix Exit 225 from I-17 North of Carefree Highway). Free pumpkins while supply lasts. Gun shows, pumpkin patch painting, hayrides, vendors, music, family entertainment, gold panning etc. Tickets pioneerharvestfest.tickets/ $24 At Gate, kids 2 and under free. Police Officers/Firefighters: $1 per paid head (attendance) will be donated to the 100 Club and Firefighters Charities (it will be a split .50 each per paid person). 25% off to firefighters and police officers along with their families (up to 3 guests). This can be combined with coupons.
· Politics on the Rocks sponsoring the 2 pm., “Reunion” of The Bentley Scottsdale Polo Championships: Horses & Horsepower on Sat, Oct 24 at Westworld of Scottsdale's Polo Field, 16601 N. Pima Rd. (101 & Frank Lloyd Wright Blvd.), Scottsdale, AZ 85260. tickets click here. Contact: National Committee member firstname.lastname@example.org
· A 6 pm., Oct 25 “Haunted Hill Family Moon Hike” is scheduled at the McDowell Mountain Regional Park, 16300 N. McDowell Mountain Park Dr., Fountain Hills, AZ 85268. This 1-mile hike will be up and around the Hilltop Trail. This is not a barrier free trail and will not accommodate strollers. Meet the Ranger at the Trailhead Staging Area. Ph: 480-471-0173 email@example.com
· The Western Pinal County Chapter of The Arizona Republican Assembly will meet at 6:30 PM on Mon, Oct 26 at Siegel Suites Select (formerly Legacy Suites), at 540 N. Cacheris Ct, Casa Grande, located ½ mile west of I-10 on Florence Blvd. Program includes speaker Ken Bennett, Candidate for US Congress (AZ CD1). Please be sure to bring a friend. Contact: Jason Hayes 202-394-7202 firstname.lastname@example.org
· The Northwest Valley Tea Party meeting will meet at 6 pm., Oct 27 in West Valley GOP Office, 10050 W. Bell Road #50, Sun City to hear senate candidate Alexander Meluskey address his run for the Arizona senate seat. Contact Dennis Zinke 623-977-8114.
· What’s-The-Difference-Among-The-Major-Fiver-Movements By Nick Dranias The Question Often Arises: What’s The Difference Between The Three Major Efforts To Organize The States To Propose Amendments By Convention Under Article V?
· Hillary Calls For Government Gun Confiscation Liberal Hypocrites Aim To Disarm Us
· Muslim in the White House … So close, she has dinner upstairs in the private quarters, goes...
- Republican-Party-Of-Maricopa-County Negative View On School Ballot Measures
- The-Un-Armed-Forces-Medley-Trump-For President
- No Permission Slip Needed; States Have Inherent Authority To Enforce Immigration Laws... Enough Of The Lies
- Pearce Responds To Montini
REPUBLICAN PARTY OF MARICOPA COUNTY MaricopaCountyGOP.com
· AZ Border Defenders Updated Daily
· Need2no Border News Watch
· Muslim-Refugees-Berate-Female-Aid-Workers "Women Haven’t Dared In Months To Go Out Alone On Their Bicycles"
SECOND AMENDMENT, FIREARMS
WAR ON WOMEN
JUDGE JEANINE PIRRO
· Watch: Judge Jeanine Sees Right Through Hillary And Exposes The One Thing She Doesn’t Want Public "You Say You’ve Already Testified To The Best Of Your Ability. Come On, Hillary..."
BILL AND HILLARY