- ► August (18)
- ► July (33)
- ► June (24)
- ► May (26)
- ► April (29)
- ► March (31)
- ► February (28)
- ► January (28)
- ► December (20)
- ► November (25)
- ► October (31)
- ► September (30)
- ► August (31)
- ► July (31)
- ► June (30)
- ► May (31)
- ► April (24)
- ► March (27)
- ► February (28)
- ► January (31)
- ► December (29)
- ► November (30)
- ► October (31)
- ► September (32)
- ► August (31)
- ► July (31)
- ► June (30)
- ► May (30)
- ► April (30)
- ► March (31)
- ► February (28)
- ► January (31)
- ► December (30)
- ► November (29)
- ▼ October (31)
- ► September (29)
- ► August (32)
- ► July (25)
- ► June (21)
- ► May (31)
- ► April (30)
- ► March (30)
- ► February (29)
- ► January (31)
- ► December (28)
- ► November (30)
- ► October (32)
- ► September (29)
- ► August (32)
- ► July (31)
- ► June (27)
- ► May (31)
- ► April (36)
- ► March (42)
- ► February (35)
- ► January (34)
- ► December (39)
- ► November (35)
- ► October (42)
- ► September (37)
- ► August (35)
- ► July (37)
- ► June (37)
- ► May (21)
- ► April (33)
- ► March (39)
- ► February (36)
- ► January (38)
- ► December (39)
- ► November (32)
- ► October (37)
- ► September (39)
- ► August (42)
Briefs Editor Frosty Taylor email@example.com
Web Master John Strasser
Thursday – Oct 8, 2015
· Ted Cruz For President Fans are invited to a Presidential Debate party, with four large screen TVs, from 5-8 pm., Wed., Oct 28 at The Native Gill and Wings, 5030 E Ray Road., Phoenix AZ 85044. View Map . Tickets: presidential-debate-party-for-ted-cruz Contact: Arizona Cruz Grassroots Director Darrell Covert firstname.lastname@example.org
· The Alex Meluskey For Senate Campaign has a new campaign headquarters, located at 10603 N. Hayden Rd. Suite 110. Scottsdale, AZ 85260. There will be a grand opening “Open House” on Nov 7, preceded by a press conference and open interviews with Meluskey. Contact: Comm Dir Joel Andrews Frewa www.Meluskey.com
· @JoelFrewa (954) 907-3292
· In Lieu Of Sending Flowers Or other gifts, Gene Cafarelli’s family has requested that a donation be made, in his name, to the Patagonia Youth Enrichment Center, P. O. Box 253, Sonoita, Arizona 85637 Website: www.pyec.org Contact PYEC Director, Anna Coleman at (520)-343-2356or email: email@example.com – Sonoita-Elgin Tea Party
· See Complete List Of School District Overrides And Bond Election On Your Nov 3 early ballot at http://education.maricopa.gov/site/Default.aspx?PageID=257 Be informed before you cast your early ballot. Are these additional taxes for you to pay necessary? Arizona Republican Assemblies is making presentations on school issues, override/bond elections, waste of funds, etc. Contact: Chairman Thayer Verschoor or First Vice Chairman Phil Mason firstname.lastname@example.org to schedule a presentation. For the Dysart School District contact NWV AzRA Chapter Chair Lyle Tuttle at 623-451-6928 for email@example.com
· The 8 pm Friday evening ‘Chips N Salsa’ on KFNX1100 AM will feature Nancy Brady with “40 Days of Life” with Latino hosts George Ortiz, Alice Lara and Martin GonzalezThe trio Headlines, commentary with a splash of politics. Contact: For info: www.ChipsNSalsaShow.com or Alice Lara at 602-276-3959.
· AzRA Chairman Thayer Vanschoor: Ballot harvesting has become a huge problem. Having strangers harvesting ballots gives no assurance that ballots were secretly voted, properly inserted into envelopes, sealed, properly signed and never tampered with. Three Arizona Republican Assembly (AzRA) charter members have been working diligently on legislation that would put an end to ballot harvesting before the 2016 elections.
In mid-2012, AzRA member, Lynne Breyer, introduced Senator Michele Reagan to what a problem this is. Reagan subsequently ran S1003 in the 2013 session to stop this practice. That bill got combined with other bills and none of them passed. Reagan, now Secretary of State, still believes this is a problem that must be properly addressed.
This year, AzRA member, Sparky Smith, got involved. Breyer and Smith have been working with the Secretary of State's office to modify existing Title 16 language in order to maintain the integrity of the vote, making sure that all those who request early ballots get them, vote them and can be certain that, if they give them to someone to take to the polls, that the ballot actually gets there, unopened, intact and deposited in the right box. Further, Smith has engaged with some legislators interested in making appropriate changes to legislative language to assure fair and free elections for every registered voter, every time.
Former MCRC Chairman and AzRA National Director, AJ LaFaro, has taken this message to groups across the state of Arizona to be sure people are informed about ballot harvesting and how it has the ability to change the outcome of elections. Reception to LaFaro's presentation has been so robust that he is in high demand. LaFaro’s responsible for many newspaper articles and other media coverage across the state highlighting this problem. Arizona deserves the best election process we can get. AzRA is at the forefront of making this happen.
· Secret-Service-Agents-Hillary-Is-A-Nightmare-To-Work-With And when it comes to the Clinton family, Chelsea was a “model protectee,” Bill was difficult while president but easygoing after he left office, and Hillary was exposed as an “especially abusive Arctic monster,” said Murdock. - See: secret-service-agents
· Tempe Republican Women need some muscle to help at 5:30 pm, Thurs., Oct 15 at 5:30, Fri, Oct 16 from 7 am-2p, and Oct. Oct 17 7am until noon, to help set and dismantle in conjunction with the garage sale fundraiser. Volunteers should contact Chairman Jessica Merrow at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 480-306-2545. Donations can be dropped off at 1264 E Wesleyan in Tempe this weekend. Please call 480-220-9598 prior to drop off.
· LD22 PC Corky Haynes: As a teacher (recently retired), I wholeheartedly feel that the quality of a child's education is directly dependent on the quality of the teacher in the classroom. It doesn't matter if the school is public, private or a charter school. It's the teacher that makes the difference. I am very concerned that talented people are leaving the profession and many districts are having a difficult time filling positions. For that reason I volunteered to be a part of the Peoria Citizens' Bond/Override Advisory Committee.
Throughout the whole process, I advocated that if the committee recommended an override, the money be dedicated to attracting and retaining the best teachers. Although I am not for raising taxes, I would reluctantly agree to a 13% override if that extra percentage went directly to teacher salaries. I was told it would amount to approximately $2000 a year per teacher. I was disappointed when the committee decided to include all-day kindergarten which significantly reduced the amount of money going to teachers.
The committee recommended to the Peoria School Board to continue the existing 10% override with consideration of an increase to 13% with the additional 3% to be used to retain and attract qualified teachers and staff, and implement all-day kindergarten. I addressed the board before the vote that since very little money would be going to the teachers/classroom, I suggested they not vote to increase the override.
I have no problem with all-day kindergarten if our district was flush with money, but we are not. Those parents who wish their children to be in all-day kindergarten have the option to pay for it. My daughter chose that option for her youngest son. She shares the same concerns I have that if we are going to raise our taxes, it should be with the intent to support and/or hire the best teachers not to add all-day kindergarten.
My property taxes increased $300 from 2014 to 2015. If you live in the City of Peoria, I have been told that the budget is up 9.2%, a possible 2.5% raise in utility rates and a raise in the primary property tax. A 30% increase in the existing Peoria Unified School District override is a little more than "giving up 2 Starbucks a month for the children"!
· LD 22 Secretary Van DiCarlo: We were fortunate enough to be addressed by the CFO of the Peoria Unified School District at our last meeting in which he explained how the school district approaches finances and how the district documents revenues and expenses. Here is the link to a copy of the slide presentation that he used during the meeting. Peoria Unified School District slide presentation Please review the materials which is intended to assist you while contacting voters in your area. Be aware you must have Microsoft Power Point installed on your computer to view the file.
· Congresswoman Martha McSally on the Senate’s passage of the Fiscal Year 2016 National Defense Authorization Act (NDAA) conference report. “I applaud our senators for prioritizing our national security and their strong bipartisan support for passing this bill,” said McSally. “The President needs to give up his political grandstanding and sign it immediately. His unprecedented veto threat over political differences, not substance, is disgraceful and would put our military readiness and the security of Americans at risk. With the growing threats we face around the world, we need to show unity behind our military, not play political games with national security.” The Senate today passed the NDAA conference report 70 to 27, which also passed the House last week 270 to 156. The legislation includes full funding for the missions housed at Fort Huachuca and the A-10 Warthog and EC-130H Compass Call aircraft as well as amendments Rep. McSally authored to prohibit retirement or transfers to backup status of either aircraft next year.
· The public is asked for comments on 12 applicants for an opening on the Arizona Supreme Court created by the retirement of Justice Rebecca White Berch.
Click on name of The applicants for resume:
· Clint D. Bolick, Vice President for Litigation at the Goldwater Institute
· Michael J. Brown, an Arizona Court of Appeals Judge - Division I
· Bradley W. Carlyon, of the Navajo County Attorney’s Office
· Kent E. Cattani, an Arizona Court of Appeals Judge - Division I
· Daisy J. Flores, of Flores & Clark, LLC
· Andrew W. Gould, an Arizona Court of Appeals Judge - Division I
· Kenneth E. Moyer, of the Law Office of Kenneth E. Moyer, PLLC
· Maurice Portley, an Arizona Court of Appeals Judge - Division I
· Thomas L. Schoaf, of the Law Office of Thomas L. Schoaf, PLC
· Timothy J. Thomason, a Maricopa County Superior Court Judge
· Samuel A. Thumma, an Arizona Court of Appeals Judge - Division I
· Lawrence F. Winthrop, an Arizona Court of Appeals Judge - Division I
Applications are posted online at http://www.azcourts.gov/jnc. The Commission on Appellate Court Appointments will review the applications and hear comments at a public meeting on Oct 19, 2015 in Room 101 of the Arizona State Courts Building, 1501 W Washington. Citizens may address the Commission at that time or send written comments to 1501 West Washington, Suite 221, Phoenix, AZ 85007 or to email@example.com. Comments must be received by Oct 16 to be considered. Anonymous comments cannot be considered.
At the October 19th meeting, the Commission will decide which applicants will be interviewed for the opening. The selected applicants will be interviewed on November 20, 2015. After the interviews, the Commission will recommend at least three nominees for the opening to Governor Doug Ducey, who will appoint the new justice.
· Donations for AZ Heroes to Hometown should be send to Kathy Pearce 480-330-1632 or firstname.lastname@example.org so she can purchase food for 2500 food boxes to provide Thanksgiving dinners for military families. Pay-Pal may be used for donations; information can be located at www.azheroestohometowns.org. All donations received with subject: Turkey to Troops will be used for this project. Donations are needed by November 11th, 2015 to allow time for the purchase of grocery gift cards and deliver them to the six Arizona locations to be distributed along with the food boxes.
· A Tempe Union High School District Override Protest is scheduled between 2-3 pm.., Tues. Oct 13 at the TUHSD office, 500 W. Guadalupe Tempe. 85282. (NW corner of Kyrene and Guadalupe). See Say No To The Override In Tempe and The Education Action Network Contact: Peggy McClain email@example.com
· AZ Heroes to Hometowns needs of donations by Nov 11 to purchase 2,500 turkeys hams, along with $20 grocery gift cards to provide meals for military families at Thanksgiving, according to founder Kathy Pearce. firstname.lastname@example.org
· The Northwest Valley Tea Party meeting will meet at 6 pm., Oct 27 in West Valley GOP Office, 10050 W. Bell Road #50, Sun City to hear senate candidate Alexander Meluskey address his run for the Arizona senate seat. Contact Dennis Zinke 623-977-8114.
· Young Republican Professionals will meet at 7 pm, Oct 20 at AZGOP Headquarters, 3501 N. 24th St., Phx with 960AM The Patriot Seth Leibsohn of Arizonans for Responsible Drug Policy to discuss the debate to legalize marijuana and its place in the 2016 elections. RSVP on Facebook here facebook.com/events
· Sen Jeff Flake has scheduled his second breakfast in the 114th Congressional Coffee and Cocoa Cup Club series at 8 am., Sat., Oct 17 at the Phoenix Airport Marriott, 1101 N 44th St., Phoenix, AZ 85008. Registration begins at 7:30 am. Limited seating. $50 for a 114th Congressional CCC Series membership, breakfast, and a souvenir hot beverage mug. $30 for breakfast for current members who register online. RSVP by NOON on Wed, Oct 14 to coffee-and-cocoa-club-breakfast. Contact: email@example.com or call 602-845-0333.
· US Sen Candidates Dr. Kelli Ward, Alex Meluskey and Clair Van Steenwyk are available to speak at events or to groups. To schedule:
ü Ward, Contact Carolyn Leff at 928- 230-0633 or firstname.lastname@example.org
· The West Valley GOP Office Debate Party has been cancelled in lieu of CNN’s Democratic Primary Debate in Las Vegas, according to office manager Peter Lee.
· Gallup Poll: Record-High-Americans-Identify-Independents Republican Identification Lowest In At Least 25 Years.
· GOP Presidential Candidate Contacts:
Ben Carson www.bencarson.com
Bobby Jindal www.bobbyjindal.com
Carly Forina www.carlyforpresident.com
Chris Christi www.chrischristie.com
Donald Trump www.donaldjtrump.com
George Patake www.georgepataki.com
Jeb Bush www.jeb2016.com
John Kasich www.johnkasich.com
Lindsey Graham www.lindseygraham.com
Marc Rubio www.marcorubio.com
Mike Huckabee www.mikehuckabee
Rand Paul www.randpaul.com
*Rick Perry www.rickperry.org Campaign suspended
Rick Santorum www.ricksantorum.com
Scott Walker www.scottwalker.com Campaign suspended
Ted Cruz www.tedcruz.org
· Call The White House 202-456-1111 Comments. Switchboard: 202-456-1414. Contact Senate https://www.senate.gov/ or Representatives http://www.house.gov/ Let them know how you feel. Hold their feet to the fire. They wanted these positions so badly, hold them accountable. Arizona delegation phone numbers:
CALENDAR OF EVENTS .
· Sen Candidate Alex Meluskey will address Freedom Fires at 6:30 pm., Oct 7 at Burke Basic School, 131 E. Southern Ave. Mesa, AZ 85210. Contact: www.meluskey.com
· Freedom Fires meets at 6:30 pm., every Wednesday., at Burke Basic School (131 E. Southern Ave., Mesa, Arizona 85210). Here is the speaker scheduled through October.
ü Oct 7: US Senate Candidate Alex Meluskey.
ü Oct 14: Constitutional expert Don Petrie.
ü Oct 21: Arizona Senator David Farnsworth.
Oct 28: Americans for Prosperity, AZ Chapter - Tom Jenney.
· The Pima County Republican Executive Committee will meet at 5:30 pm., Thurs., Oct 8. Contact: Phone: (520) 321-1492 email@example.com
· Operation Enduring Gratitude (Veterans serving Veterans by Rebuilding Homes and Lives) is co-sponsoring a B2B Networking Mixer at 6 pm., Oct 8 at the Clover Leaf Gastrolounge, 4225 N. Craftsman Court, Old Town Scottsdale. Contact: OEG founder Charlie Ellis (480) 678-0938 Charlie@OperationEnduringGratitude.Org www.OperationEnduringGratitude.Org
· The Coconino County Republican Committee’s Meet And Greet with Speaker of the House David Gowan and Flagstaff City Councilman Jeff Oravits is scheduled at 8:15 am, Thurs., Oct 8 at 21 S Milton Road, (near the underpass near Flagstaff City Hall). RSVP to firstname.lastname@example.org
· The Oro Valley Republican Women will meet between 11:30am-1:30 pm., Fri., Oct 9 at the Oro Valley Country Club, 300 W Greenock Dr. They meet regularly on the second Friday of the month. Contact: Bev Van Horn Phone 520-403-5931 Bev@BevSellsTucson.com
· The Deer Valley Tea Party Patriots meet at 6:30 pm., Fri., Oct 9 at the Deer Valley Airport Restaurant to hear The Intellectual Conservative blog site Editor Rachel Alexander. Contact: Bob Stannard email@example.com
· LD9 will meet at 9:30 am., Sat., Oct 10 at the La Paloma urgent care 4001 E Sunrise Dr. Tucson, Arizona. Contact: Phone: (520) 321-1492 firstname.lastname@example.org
· The Paradise Republican Women will hostess Judicial Watch Southwest Coordinator Mark Spencer and Author of "A Moment in Time" at 11 am., Sat., Oct 10 at Gainey Golf Club, 7600 E. Gainey Golf Club Drive, Scottsdale AZ 85258. 10:30 am social. Judicial Watch fights corruption and has been in front of scandals: Hillary's Emails, IRS Attacks, Fast & Furious Gun Scandal, and Benghazi Attack. Registration due by Thurs, Oct 8. $30 per person. Mail your check and reservation to: PRWC, PO Box 14425, Scottsdale, AZ 85267. Contact www.prwc.org
· National Arizona Republican Assembly Director A J LaFaro will address ballot harvesting, voter fraud and closing the primary during the 9:15 am, October 10 Northwest Chapter of AzRA at the Northwest Maricopa County Service Facility, 12975 W Bell Rd, Surprise, AZ. Doors open at 8:45 am. Open to all registered Republicans. LaFaro is the immediate past chairman of the Maricopa County Republican Committee, authored the resolution to close Republican primaries in Arizona and has chaired numerous state and county committees. Contact: Chairman Lyle Tuttle L.email@example.com 623-451-6928
· The Chandler AZ 40 Days For Life Protest Planned Parenthood Rally is scheduled between 9-11 am., Sat., Oct 10 at the Chandler Planned Parenthood office, 610 N. Alma School Road., Chandler, AZ. (in Waterfall Shopping Center). Speakers include St Mary’s Father Daniel Mc Bride, Voices for the Voiceless Jesse Friendman, Maricopa County Attorney Bill Montgomery and St. Anne’s Advocate for Life Eric Araiza. Parking across the street in the stripmall to the south of Si Senors and behind Planned Parenthood along Galveston, N Chippewa Dr., and W Montery Street. See map h.google.com/maps/ Bring water and umbrellas. Rally to encompass three things:
1. Demand that they be defunded - tax dollars should not be spent on the killing of innocent children and the selling of their body parts.
2. Celebrating lives saved through this fall's 40 Days for Life Campaign.
3. Prayers throughout the rally in repentance.
Contact: Anita Usher, Coordinator 40 DFL Chandler firstname.lastname@example.org
· LD 29 will meet at 7 pm., Mon, Oct 12, at 12836 W Colter St, Litchfield Park, 85340. 6 pm social. Contact Chairman Alan Gaugert email@example.com 623-330-3622.
· Congressman Paul Gosar will be updating the Highway 69 Republicans at 6 pm., Mon., Oct 12 at the Puerta Vallarta Restaurant, 11901 E. Hwy 69, Dewey Az, 86327. 5 pm social hour. RSVP to June at 899-3150 http://www.highway69republicans.com
· The Western Pinal County Chapter of The Arizona Republican Assembly will meet at 6:30 pm on Mon, Oct 12, at Siegel Suites Select (formerly Legacy Suites), at 540 N. Cacheris Ct, Casa Grande, located ½ mile west of I-10 on Florence Blvd. Program includes speaker Alex Meluskey, Candidate for US Senate. Meluskey, is a long time business founder and owner in the printing industry. He is a syndicated radio talk show host, a precinct committeeman, a grassroots activist, held appointments on government organizational boards, and is the state director for the Fair Tax in Arizona. Contact: Secretary Jason Hayes 202-394-7202 firstname.lastname@example.org
· The Sun Lakes Republican Club will meet at 6:30 pm., Oct 13 with Maricopa County Sheriff Joe Arpaio because “he is the greatest sheriff in the USA.” The meeting is scheduled at the Sun Lakes Country Club, 25601 N. Sun Lakes Blvd., Sun Lakes Az 85248. Contact President Michael Tennant email@example.com
· The Huachuca Republican Women will meet at 10:30 am., Tues., Oct 13 at Pueblo Del Sol Country Club. 2770 St. Andrews Dr, Sierra Vista, AZ 85650. Contact: Phone: (520) 321-1492 firstname.lastname@example.org
· The Pima County Republican Club will meet at 11:30 am., Tues., Oct 13 at 450 S Tucson Blvd. Tucson, Arizona 85716. Contact: Phone: (520) 321-1492 email@example.com
· The Mingus Mountain Republican Club Luncheon is scheduled at 11 am., Tues., Oct 13 to address the Mingus Mountain Union High School Special Bond Election. Supt Dr Paul Tighe will speak in behalf of the bond passage. Arizona Republican Assembly (AzRA) First Vice President Phil Mason will present “Truth in School Funding.” 11:15 am luncheon. 1 pm program. Luncheon price $11 per person. No lunch meeting fee $3, soda $1. RSVP to MingusMountain@Hotmail.com or call Niles Haton 928-649-1643. Meeting to be held at the Veterans of Foreign Wars Post #7400, 705 E Aspen St., Cottonwood, AZ. For AzRA information contact Mason at www.AzRA2016.com
· Congressman Trent Franks is hosting a public Town Hall between 6-7:30 pm., Tues., Oct 13 at the Glendale Adult Center, 5970 W Brown St in Glendale (south of Peoria, just west of 59th Avenue – across the street from and a little north of the Glendale Library.) Contact: Shari Farrington - Field Representative/Finance Manager 623-776-7911.
· LD 13 will meet at 7 pm., Tues., Oct 13 at PebbleCreek Tuscany Falls Clubhouse – Chianti Room, 16262 Clubhouse Drive, Goodyear, AZ. 85395. Registration opens at 6:30pm. State Treasurer Jeff DeWit is scheduled to speak. Contact Chairman Wallie Campbell firstname.lastname@example.org 623-451-1100.
· LD28 will meet at 7 pm., Tues., Oct 13 at the Madison School Board Room, 5601 North 16th Street, Phoenix, to hear a presentation from David Gonzales, the longest serving US Marshall in the country. Gonzales is the former Arizona Department of Public Safety Commander and Chief of Staff. See http://azld28gop.org/
· The SaddleBrooke Republican Club will host House Speaker David Gowan and Majority Leader Steve Montenegro at 4 pm., Oct 14 at the Ballroom of the Mountain View Country Club, 38759 S. Mountain View Blvd, SaddleBrooke, AZ 85739. Doors open at 3:30 pm. Contact: Neil MacDonald. Vice President Communications. SaddleBrooke Republican Club. email@example.com
· The Arrowhead Republican Women will meet at 11:30 am., Wed., Oct 14 at Briarwood Country Club, 20800 N. 135th Ave., Sun City West. US Senate candidate Dr. Kelli Ward will address her work as a state senator. Check-in begins 10:45am. Reservation required . $20 per person - payable by cash or check at the door. Open to Republican women registered to vote in AZ - Republican men may join as associate members. Reservations and cancellation deadline is 5 pm., Fri, Oct 9. Luncheon reservations http://arrowheadrw.weebly.com/luncheons. If you do not receive confirmation contact Lezlee at 602-354-5224.
· Congressman Matt Salmon will address the Leisure World Republican Club at 7 pm., Oct 14 in Ballroom 1, 908 S Power Road., Mesa. Please enter at the main gate so you don’t get lost. Contact: Call Diane Andersen @ 480 395-5515.
· The SaddleBrooke Republican Club will host AZ House Speaker David Gowan and Majority Leader Steve Montenegro at 4 pm., Oct 14 at the Mountain View Country Club, 38759 S MountainView Blvd., SaddleBrooke, AZ 85739. Doors open at 3:30 pm. Contact: Neil MacDonald VP Communications firstname.lastname@example.org
· The Ahwatukee Tea Party will meet at 6:30 pm., Thur., Oct 15 at the Clarion Hotel Desert Meeting Room, 5121 E. La Puente Ave (51st St/Elliot Road), Ahwatukee (Phx). Doors open at 6:30 pm. Speaker: Barbara Medal addressing “Agenda 21 Opponent/Researcher”. Agenda 21 is about control of the individual, elimination of private ownership, control of fishery and farm harvest and control of business by government and promotes "equal rights" for all living things and non-living objects: humans, animals, plants, rocks and rivers. It is a globalist attempt to impose UN environmental regulations aimed at your local city and towns through the International Council for Local Environmental Initiatives (ICLEI). Medal, a retired nurse from Tempe, will speak on the implications of Agenda 21. She is Fourth Vice Chaiman of LD26 and Sargent-At-Arms for the Republican Party of Maricopa County. Contact: email@example.com
· An Evening With US Senate Candidate Dr. Kelli Ward will be hosted by the San Tan Republican Club at 6 pm., on Oct 15 at the San Tan Heights Middle School, 33622 N Mountain Vista Blvd, 85242 [off Hunt Hwy]. RSVP by Oct 10 to Dr. Debra Banksat firstname.lastname@example.org Home-made desserts and refreshments will be served. Contributions of $5 per person (unless a paid member) will be expected.
· Capt. Brian Jeffries, President of the Arizona Professional Firefighters Association, make a presentation Oct 15 on the new Fallen Firefighters Memorial in Wesley Bolin Plaza at the State Capitol during his presentation to LD24 at the AZGOP Headquarters,3501 N. 24th St., Phx. Signs in at 6:30 pm. 7 pm mtg. Jeffries has been in the Fire/EMS service since 1991. He is currently a Captain/Paramedic for the City of Mesa Arizona Fire Department and is the Union President for IAFF Local 2260, representing Fire Fighters in the City of Mesa, the Town of Gilbert, the Apache Junction Fire District and the Salt River Pima-Maricopa and Fort McDowell Indian Communities. He also serves as the Executive Vice President for the Professional Fire Fighters of Arizona. Bryan is a former District 2 Phoenix City Councilman.
· Tempe Republican Women are planning their final garage sale of the year from 7 am-2 pm, Friday, Oct 16 and from 7 am until noon on Oct 17 at the home of Alison Quinn, 1264 E Wesleyan, Tempe, 85282. Please drop off donations in her drive way the first two weekends in October. If you wish to donate, but can’t drop off contact email@example.com or call 480-306-2545. Tempe Republican Women need volunteers to help set up (5:30 pm., Thur., Oct 15 and take down (Sat., Oct 17 and to help run the sale. They also need popup tents and fold out tables.
· The Sabino High School Young Republican Club will meet Fr., Oct 16 at 5000 N Bowes Rd, Tucson, AZ 85749. Contact: Phone: (520) 321-1492 firstname.lastname@example.org
· The 50th Anniversary Of The Arizona Burn Center will be celebrated during the 11th Annual Burn Symposium, scheduled Oct 16 at the facility. The symposium is a one-day course designed to present a review of current knowledge, research and innovations in burn care. This year’s symposium focuses on Celebrating The Past, Transforming The Future. The day’s session begins with a continental breakfast followed by a series of presentations by nationally recognized faculty affiliated with the world of burn. Contact: http://www.azburncenter.org/article/burnsymposium
Please comply with the 300 word limit policy.
· Ray Malnar, Candidate Glendale City Council, Sahuaro District: Early Ballots began going out in the Sahuaro District yesterday. At the same time, messages continue to be distributed which do not address the issues but rather attack me personally. I want to continue to stay truthful and honorable. In this, the eleventh hour of the election cycle, I am asking that you help share the facts about my experience, ethics and position on key issues with people you know, especially those who live in the Sahuaro District. Personal contact to someone you know will have more impact than $10’s thousands of advertising.
Here’s a link to the raymalnar.com website which will clarify who I am, what I stand for and why we are in this Recall Election. Please send this link out to everyone you know who might have a connection in Glendale. If the Link does not work type raymalnar.com in your web browser. I am building an ” I support Ray Malnar for Glendale City Council Page” on my Web site and for public distribution. Please respond to this email@example.com with a yes I support you, if you are will to allow me to add your name to my list. – Candidate Ray Malnar 623-869-1160 firstname.lastname@example.org
· US Senatorial Candidate Dr. Kelli Ward: Last month I told you about how crucial your contributions leading up to the quarterly fundraising deadline on September 30 would be for sending a message that we are in this race to win. We’re still tallying up the final numbers, but it looks right now like our total amount raised for the first quarter of the campaign will be over $525,000. This is a thrilling result! Just as exciting, this total came from 2,175 individual contributors with an average donation amount of $163. Why is that exciting? Because it means that we’re building this movement from the grassroots, on a foundation of support from individual patriotic Americans. Thank You to everyone who chipped in to make this possible. What we’ve accomplished together these past three months is nothing short of amazing. We have proven that this campaign is for real. The movement we are building is too big for anyone to ignore - including John McCain. Now that he can’t deny this is a serious campaign, he’s going to go on the attack, just as I predicted. But I’m not intimidated; I got into this race knowing it was going to be a hard fight, and with this great show of support from all of you I’m feeling more confident than ever. gear up for the fight
· US Senate candidate Clair Van Steenwyk: Americas' Trojan Horse Compliments of Obama’s Evil. Please ask yourselves, is this why Obama is so set along with others in his administration to bringing Middle East so called Syrian Refugees into America, or is this just one more part of his master plan of fundamentally transforming America? We had better Wake Up while we still can and tell those in DC no more Illegals or any Refugees allowed until and unless we know who every one of them is. Take a look at what's going on in Europe at the camps right now as they've attacked workers, families don't feel safe in their own towns, funny what type of Invasion is this? I believe it's up to those in DC to protect American from this new Invasion of so called Refugees, which many might be nothing more than Terrorists to attack us and cause more Terror in America than 9/11 did. The time for the Political Correctness practiced by those in DC is over it's now time for some Political Courage and if they're not equipped for the job then let them all resign and allow us to take their place. I hope all of you will contact those in DC who are presently in office and tell them how you want this handled and hopefully they'll not only get the order but follow it. Please remember to deal with the open border and illegal alien invasion as former President Eisenhower called it in the 50's as well, we don't have Security as long as anyone can just walk in Our Country anymore than you would if someone could just walk in your Home.
Clair Van Steenwyk AZs' US Senate Candidate for a Constitutional Republic www.vanussenate.com
Please comply with the 400 word limit policy
· Sen Sylvia Tenney Allen: Keep Sedona Beautiful has been using the Transfer of Public Lands movement as a reason for promoting the Sedona Verde Valley Red Rock National Monument. The perception that transferring public lands to the state would encourage the sell-off of our open spaces to developers is wrong. That perception is not being promoted by those who are involved with this movement. See americanlandscouncil.org/ - the Public Policy Statement ratified by unanimous consent on October 9, 2014, at the American Lands Council multi-state workshop. American Lands Council has been a leader in the Transfer of Public Lands movement.
The policy statement lays out clearly the motives and desires of those who want to fulfill the contract the Federal Government made with the state of Arizona on Statehood Day, February 14, 1912. Section 4(iv) of the policy statement says: “Retain Public Ownership of Public Lands: Federal public lands shall become state public lands to be managed in accordance with state and local plans;”
Western states are step-children to the United States. We have never been given full statehood. We are part of “empire building” instead of being a part of building the USA. The Transfer of Public Lands movement is not about selling off all the public lands and putting them in the hands of developers. This movement is about protecting and using our lands with the same kind of local and state control that other eastern and Midwestern states enjoy.
North Dakota, one of the most rural states in the nation, has a booming economy growing at five times the national average, 2.8% unemployment, a state budget surplus of over $1 billion, and a steady demand for new workers? North Dakota manages 90% of their state!
The terms of statehood in the Enabling Act relating to the disposal of federal title to public lands in Arizona are the same as the terms of statehood for the disposal of federal title to public lands in North Dakota. The Federal government honored its obligation to transfer title of the public lands for local stewardship to North Dakota but not to Arizona.
The Federal government loses 27 cents for every dollar it spends on land management. The State of Arizona makes $6 an acre off of our state lands. As a state, we cannot fund our schools or build or repair our roads due to the fact that the majority of our land is under Federal management. Please work to stop the designation of more Arizona land as new federal monuments, thereby adding more regulations and giving up local control.
· Fastest-Growing-Language-In-The-US Arabic And Urdu (Pakistan’s National Language) Are Now The Fastest Growing Languages Spoken In U.S. Households.
- House-Majority-Leader-Kevin-McCarthy Drops Out
- Donald-Trump-Make-America-Great-Again Rally
- House Freedom Caucus: Rep-Daniel Webster For House Speaker
- ICYMI; Donald-Trump-On-Special-Report
- Senator-Marco-Rubio-Was-For-Cap-And Now
- Democrats-Education Funding Plan