- ► February (24)
- ► January (31)
- ► December (29)
- ► November (30)
- ► October (31)
- ► September (32)
- ► August (31)
- ► July (31)
- ► June (30)
- ► May (30)
- ► April (30)
- ► March (31)
- ► February (28)
- ► January (31)
- ► December (30)
- ► November (29)
- ► October (31)
- ► September (29)
- ► August (32)
- ► July (25)
- ► June (21)
- ► May (31)
- ► April (30)
- ► March (30)
- ► February (29)
- ▼ January (31)
- ► December (28)
- ► November (30)
- ► October (32)
- ► September (29)
- ► August (32)
- ► July (31)
- ► June (27)
- ► May (31)
- ► April (36)
- ► March (42)
- ► February (35)
- ► January (34)
- ► December (39)
- ► November (35)
- ► October (42)
- ► September (37)
- ► August (35)
- ► July (37)
- ► June (37)
- ► May (21)
- ► April (33)
- ► March (39)
- ► February (36)
- ► January (38)
- ► December (39)
- ► November (32)
- ► October (37)
- ► September (39)
- ► August (42)
Briefs Editor Frosty Taylor email@example.com
Web Master John Strasser
Saturday, January 24, 2015
· Robert Graham Was Elected to a second term as the AZGOP Chairman in a landslide win during the AZGOP Statutory Meeting in Tempe today. Graham beat challenger Lori Urban 930-271. Incumbents Parralee Schneider and Linda White were also re-elected to their posts. Officer election tallies are:
ü Chairman Robert Graham 930 Lori Urban - 271
ü 1 Vice Chair Parralee Schneider 658 AJ LaFaro 550
ü 2 VC Gabby Saucedo-Mercer 673 Jeni White 522
ü Secretary Linda White 696 Lynne Breyer 508
ü Treasurer Jonathon Lines 864 Ardith Hildbrant 339
· Credentialed Were 786 State Committeemen carrying 435 proxy for a total of 1,221 votes that could be cast during the Statutory meeting.
· Congratulations To The Newly Elected Officers. And Thank You to all the candidates who had the courage to put their name on the line and go through a campaign that was probably one of the dirtiest I’ve witnessed in recent history. Why anyone would subject themselves to this kind of abuse and why Republicans treat fellow Republican this way is beyond me. It’s time to use all that energy for the betterment of the party. – Editor Frosty Taylor
· AZGOP Chairman Robert Graham has announced that long-time AZGOP Treasurer Timothy Lee has been hired as the AZGOP’s New Financial Compliance Officer. Lee, recently resigned his treasurer position since he recently moved into LD24 and wasn’t qualified to run as Treasurer because he had not been elected a State Committee in his new LD.
· State Committeemen Were Surprised When Sens John McCain and Jeff Flake made unexpected appearances this morning. Both were greeted with mixed reactions of booing and cheers.. Sens. McCain, Flake Rate Boo-Vation At AZ GOP meeting
· On The Other Hand, Congressman Matt Salmon heard the chants of “Salmon, Salmon” as he left the stage after his presentation.
· McCain Booed/Called War Monger At AZGOP Meeting Censured a year ago. See today’s speech.
· Three Resolutions were Passed By State Committeemen at the AZGOP Statutory Meeting Jan 24 in Phoenix. They are:
1. AZGOP Resolution Chairman and LD20 PC Ray Sweeney’s “Resolution in Support of Exemption From Sales Tax On Food Purchased For Home Consumption, Prescription Medicine, Clothing, And Foot Wear”, 1-6-15-mcrc-briefs passed by overwhelming voice votes. Sweeney’s resolution had passed through the Resolution Committee and was placed on the agenda earlier this month.
2. The original Maricopa County PCs approved “Closed Primary Resolution” 1-6-15-mcrc-briefs authored by former MCRC Chairman A J LaFaro. Supporters of LaFaro’s resolutions gathered nearly 400 signatures from State Committeemen from 12 counties prior to the State Meeting to get the original resolution taken to the floor. The original Closed Primary Resolution originally passed by a 1,255 to 561 vote of the Maricopa County Republican precinct committeemen on Jan. 10. See full resolution.
3. The third was former Sen Russell Pearce’s “Article V Resolution s.” Pearce also had to gather petitions signatures prior to the meeting to get his resolution to floor.
All three resolutions passed via voice vote.
· Former MCRC Chairman A J LaFaro: “I want to thank all the volunteers who helped get the almost 400 petition signatures to introduce my "Resolution to Close Republican Primaries here in Arizona" at the AZGOP Statutory Meeting on Saturday, 01/24/2015. The response from our grassroots army was amazing. My special thanks to Andrew Costanzo and Don Newton for spearheading the
“ I want to thank all the AZGOP State Committeemen who signed the petition and then voted overwhelmingly to pass it. We have now sent a strong and clear message to the AZGOP Executive Committee that we demand our Arizona Republican Primaries be closed before the 2016 Elections. My deepest appreciation.” - A. J. LaFaro
· Chairman’s Awards Banquet Awards were given out Friday evening to:
ü Dan Grimm, Maricopa County - Senator Barry Goldwater Award
ü Lolly Hathhorn, Gila County – Dodie London Award
ü Timothy Lee, Maricopa County – Lifetime Achievement Award
ü Barry Wong, Maricopa County - Exceptional Dedication and Service to the GOP
ü Politics on the Rocks – The Cutting Edge Award
ü Kathryn Hancock, Graham County - Outstanding Party Worker in County
ü Pat O’Malley, LD12 - Outstanding Party Worker in Legislative District
ü Marcus Huey, LD15 – Outstanding Party Worker in State
ü Gila County – Outstanding County
ü Outstanding Legislative District – LD2
ü Katherine Beam, LD26 – Rookie of the Year 2014
ü PebbleCreek Republican Club, MaricopaCounty – Best Republican Club
· Former Graham County Sheriff Mack Needs Help. Mack suffered a heart attack recently and is recovery from surgery – however, complications have slowed recovery and added financial strain on the family. See help sheriff mack To donate directly to a bank account at Wells Fargo, Account Richard Mack, Routing Number: 122105278, Account Number: 2816818385. Be sure to get a receipt. If you wish to verify that the family received the donation, send a note to firstname.lastname@example.org .
· LD23 PC Christopher Brant: “I am sure that the great success of the Republican Party last November was due in part to the energy and the outreach efforts of Chairman Robert Graham. I am also convinced that the reason that Republicans from Arizona are turning away from the party and becoming Independent is because they are sick of the unhealthy, rude, vindictive and unprofessional behavior of a segment of the party. I have just stepped down from the program chair of a local Republican Club. Some people have vocally stayed away because we had “become too liberal”. I declare that is bunk and a ridiculous fallacy. All that a reasonable individual needs to do is to check back over the last two years and examine the diversity of our presenters. This segment of the Republican Party, that I refer to, have much in common with the Democratic Party. The Democratic definition of compromise is to do it their way. This segment of the Republican Party is that if you don’t agree 100% with their views you a RINO. The Party that I joined when I proudly became a naturalized citizen was the Party of less Government. Many of those (I say many and not all) who wear their, supposed, Christian values on their sleeve are some of the most unchristian people I have ever met. My relationship with God is none of your business. If they wish to call me a RINO behind my back that is their mistake but I will term them HYPO (Hypocrite) to their face. I am still the optimist and I will continue to focus on working to elect Republicans, even though I may not agree with every decision they make. I hope that the silent majority of Republican Party and those Republican Independents will do likewise.” Christopher Brant email@example.com
· Gov Doug Ducey Appointed Former House Speaker Andy Tobin as Director of the Arizona Department of Weights and Measures. Tobin was a recent congressional candidate for CD1.
· Gov Doug Ducey Got A Standing Ovation as he took the AZGOP State meeting stage this morning.
· Former Gubernatorial Candidate Christine Jones told reporter Valley Fever Steve Lemons aka ‘The Feathered Bastard’ that she’s not planning a primary challenge against Sen John McCain “at this time.” https://twitter.com/stephenlemons
· The Yavapai County Republican Committee Open House for the newly elected officers is scheduled from 5:30-7 pm., Thurs., Jan 29 at YRCR headquarters, 112B E Union St., Prescott.
· The Tempe Republican Women will meet at 6:30 pm., Mon., Jan 26 at the Pyle Rec Center, 655 E Southern Ave., Tempe to hear Matt Papke discuss ‘light rail’ and Andrew Munoz address ‘solar legislation.’ Contact: Chr Jessica Merrow at firstname.lastname@example.org
· A Reader Who Attended The Chairman’s Dinner: “I was sitting in a room next to the main room with a screen and a sound system that was very poor. Most of the time stuff was garbled. I will tell you it was the worst organized awards dinner that I have ever been to. The food was chicken, supposed to be southern fried, which was hard with gravy on it. Raw green long beans, and spaghetti. Have you ever? The only thing good was the chocolate cake. Sad, Sad. $40.00 down the drain! Sorry, I just have nothing good to say, which is not like me.”
· Another Reader: Spotted in the crowd at the mtg today - Trent Franks, Judy Burges, Doug Ducey, David Schweikert, Lilia Dashevsky, Jeff DeWit, Terry Giebelhaus, Jeff Fleetham, Jay Lawrence, Jill Norgaard, Loraine Pellegrino, Michele Reagan, Farrell Quinlan, Kelli Ward and Mark Brnovich.
· Volunteers Are Needed At 9 Am, Sun., Jan 25 to help move the Pima County Republicans office to a new location at 17 W Wetmore, 2nd flr, Tucson, AZ 85704, according to Chairman Bill Beard. Volunteers should meet at the 5th Street office.
· Volunteers are needed by Peoria City Council Candidate Ben Toma to help his campaign for the election that was delayed in August to March 2015 because of a mix-up with ballots. Toma needs help prior to the Feb 12 early ballot mail out. Volunteers are needed to drop flyers, knock on doors and phone banking. Contact: Barbara Wylie Pecora at barbarawpecora@hotmail. com (602-999-7445) or Corky Haynes at email@example.com (623-518-3752).
· The Republican Club Green Valley/Sahuarita Lincoln-‐Reagan Luncheon is scheduled Sat., Feb 21 at the Quail Creek Madera Clubhouse Ballroom. Doors open at 11:30 am; lunch at noon. National Conservative Commentator Bill Whittle will be the speaker. Reservations required by Feb 10. Tables seat 10. Contact: contact Joey 203-7750 or Vinnie 907-‐3367 or Kay 904-‐9103.
· Homeland Security Committee Chairman Michael Mccaul and 20 colleagues toured the Arizona’s border. Arizona Congresswoman Martha McSally and rancher John Ladd were part of McCaul’s group. A press conference was held at Ladd’s ranch near Bisbee. McCaul will introduce his Secure Our Borders First act legislation as the group tour the southwest borders in San Diego, CA., and Tucson and Sierra Vista, AZ.
· Maricopa County Board of Supervisor Clint Hickman was unanimously elected president of the County Supervisors Association (CSA). He replaces outgoing president Jim Palmer. The 2014 Executive Committee consists of Graham County Supervisor Jim Palmer, First Vice President and Coconino County Supervisor Mandy Metzger, Second Vice President and Gila County Supervisor Tommie Cline Martin, Third Vice President and Pinal County Supervisor Anthony Smith, and Immediate Past President and Yuma County Supervisor Lenore Stuart.
· The Arizona Project will meet at 6:30 pm., Mon., Jan 26 at 3375 E. Shea Blvd, Phx to identify Federal issues that Arizonians can have an impact on. Contact Chr Ronald Ludders 602.677.1496
· The YAVGOP Lincoln/Reagan Dinner scheduled for February 14, 2015 has been changed to March 21 at the Prescott Resort. The cost is $65 per person.
CALENDAR OF EVENTS
TUESDAY, JANUARY 27
· Republican Women of Prescott will meet at 11:30 am, Jan 27 at the Prescott Resort, 1500 E. Hwy. 69, Prescott. $18 per person. Speaker: MatForce panel with Yavapai County Attorney Sheila Polk. RSVP: Elsie Tyree, firstname.lastname@example.org, (928) 778-0235 or Pam Calhoon, email@example.com, (928) 778-7157
· The Tempe Republican Women will meet at 6:30 pm., Jan 26 at the Pyle Rec Center 655 E Southern Ave, Tempe. GOP activist Matt Papke will present an update on the Tempe streetcar. Contact: President Jessica Merrow (480) 306-2545 firstname.lastname@example.org
· The Fountain Hills Republican Club "GOP Social" is scheduled for 6 p.m., Tues, Jan 27 at the Saddle Bronc Grill, 11056 N Saguaro Boulevard, Fountain Hills, AZ 85268. All Republicans are invited and welcome to attend.
The Yavapai Young Republicans will meet at 6:30 pm., Jan 27 at the Willow Creek Inn, 2516 Willow Creek Road, Prescott. Order from menu. Contact: Matthew Perry at (928) 830-6115 or email@example.com
WEDNESDAY, JANUARY JAN 28
· The Estrella Conservative Republican Club And LD4 will meet at 7 pm, Jan 28 at the Estrella Foothills High School. Contact Chr Richard Newcomer at 602-512-1340.
· The Pima County Republican Club Luncheon is scheduled at 11:30 am, Tues., Jan 27 at the Sabbar Shrine Temple, 450 S. Tucson Blvd, Tucson to hear Jeff Prather, Owner of the Warrior School, address “Obama’s Transformation of America.”
· Tucson Amphi School Board Member Scott Leska is conducting a Town Hall Meeting at 2 pm., Sat., Jan 31 at the Nanini Public Library, 7300 N Shannon Rd., Tucson, to discuss taxpayers concerns as a parent, student, teacher, administrator, tax payer, or constituent.
THURSDAY, JANUARY 29
· Colorado River Tea Party Round Table Discussion at 6 pm, Jan 29 at Community Christian Church, 6480 E. Hwy 95 ( last bld behind church). www.coloradoriverteaparty.org
FRIDAY, JANUARY 30
· The Arizona Federation of Republican Women have extended the registration deadline to Jan 30 for the April 17-19, 2015 trip to visit the Reagan Presidential Library. Contact Trip Coordinator Susan Kay Schultz 480 / 945-1490. DetailsHM@cox.net . Reservations: AZ Trails Travel | Roxanne and Hank Boryczki, 16650 E. Palisades Blvd. #106, Fountain Hills AZ 85268, Roxanne@ArizonaTrails.com www.aztrailstravel.com 480 / 837-8665.
· McCain-Greeted With Boos At GOP-Meeting byDan Nowicki Sen. John McCain On Saturday Stood Before The Crowd At The Arizona Republican Party's Annual State Meeting Where He Was Censured In 2014. This Year, His Critics Booed His Remarks, But Others Cheered.
· McCain Booed/Called War Monger At AZGOP Meeting Censured A Year Ago.
- AZGOP-Committeemen-Elect-Executive Officers – officer photos
· Mad Libs
· AZGOP financial reports filed/ AZ Sec of State azsos.gov/cfs/FilerDetail
· FEC Filing Updated/Current AZGOP Financials Info CandidateCommitteeDetail.do?canId
· AZ Border Defenders Updated Daily
· Need2No Border News Watch
DR. BEN CARSON
SECRETARY OF STATE