- ► May (26)
- ► April (24)
- ► March (27)
- ► February (28)
- ► January (31)
- ► December (29)
- ► November (30)
- ► October (31)
- ► September (32)
- ► August (31)
- ► July (31)
- ► June (30)
- ► May (30)
- ► April (30)
- ► March (31)
- ► February (28)
- ► January (31)
- ► December (30)
- ► November (29)
- ► October (31)
- ► September (29)
- ► August (32)
- ► July (25)
- ► June (21)
- ► May (31)
- ► April (30)
- ► March (30)
- ▼ February (29)
- ► January (31)
- ► December (28)
- ► November (30)
- ► October (32)
- ► September (29)
- ► August (32)
- ► July (31)
- ► June (27)
- ► May (31)
- ► April (36)
- ► March (42)
- ► February (35)
- ► January (34)
- ► December (39)
- ► November (35)
- ► October (42)
- ► September (37)
- ► August (35)
- ► July (37)
- ► June (37)
- ► May (21)
- ► April (33)
- ► March (39)
- ► February (36)
- ► January (38)
- ► December (39)
- ► November (32)
- ► October (37)
- ► September (39)
- ► August (42)
Briefs Editor Frosty Taylor firstname.lastname@example.org
Web Master John Strasser
Saturday, January 31, 2015
· LD26 Is Conducting A “Build A Bill” Session with Senate President Andy Biggs’ on how to influence legislation in Arizona at 7:30 pm, Tues., Feb 10 in the City Of Mesa Utilities Community Room, 640 N Mesa Dr, Mesa, Arizona 85201. Bring note pads and pens. No admission fee. Donations appreciated. Contact: Matthew Papke email@example.com 480 - 242 – 2208.
· Arizona-Sports-Executives-Now-Big-Political-Players … Gov. Doug Ducey and other Arizona politicians are supported by some of the owners and top executives of Arizona's professional sports franchises such as the Cardinals and the Diamondbacks. – Dan Nowicki
· Arizona-House-Staffers-See-Sizable-Pay-Increases …But the belt-tightening hasn't happened at the Legislature, where salaries of the roughly 300 staffers who assist lawmakers have collectively gone up $500,000 in the past year.
· Maricopa County Record Helen Purcel comments, “I’m very proud of my staff,” in a chat regarding their efforts with recent elections and keeping tabs on voting.
· Yavapai County Republicans are forming a new evening Republican club for those who find difficulty in attending luncheon meetings. Interested persons should e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org with ideas/suggestions.
· The Yavapai County Republicans Lincoln/Reagan Dinner and the "Wearing of the Green" dinner is scheduled at 6:30 pm, March 21 at the Prescott Resort. 5:30 pm cocktails. Sen Jon Kyl has been invited to be the speaker. Confirmation pending. Congressman Paul Gosar will introduce the speaker.Contact: Nettie Lamerson 928-499-0344, or call Republican HQ 928-776-4500.
· Starting Feb 5, The Colorado River Tea Party – Yuma will meet the first and third Thursdays of the month at 6 pm., at the at Community Christian Church, 6480 E. Hwy 95 in last building behind church www.coloradoriverteaparty.org
· Today’s 6 PM Russell Pearce Radio Talk Show on KKNT 960 The Patriot featured Dr Labban who discussed the consequence of Obamacare and Medicare to doctors in Arizona, and Dan Bennett, mathematics professor turned comedian. Call in 602-508-0960. Or listen on the internet: www.ThePatriot.com
· Tea Party Patriots Will Be Hosting Legislative Updates every Monday that Congress is in session, Legislative Consultant Bill Pascoe will cut through all the muck, mire and political spin to give you pertinent, up-to-date information on what is happening in Washington and how you can take action. Update on Monday at 1 PM EST. Click here to register!
· The Former West Valley Republican ‘Victory’ Office is open at its new location - 10050 W Bell Road, Suite 50, Sun City AZ 85351. Group discussion meetings will resume at 9:30 am, Tuesdays, according to managers Phyllis and Peter Lee. Office hours will be from 9 am-5 pm, Mon – Fri, and from 9 am-1 pm on Saturday. Office phone 623-977-4532.
· The Voice Of Veterans “ Coffee Corner,” is a place where you can grab that cup of coffee, sit back, and listen to a variety of commentators talk about what is happening in America and across the World. Commentators of various backgrounds and opinions, enable you to hear comments designed to bring facts to light, express opinions -often hidden or not mentioned by most media outlets. Your participation will always be welcome. Send your comments or disagreements with the commentator. VOV Radio Show archives - Vernon Bagley, President & CEO Veterans Broadcasting Network of America, Inc.
· Former Graham County Sheriff Mack Needs Help. Mack suffered a heart attack recently and is recovery from surgery – however, complications have slowed that recovery and added financial strain on the family. See help sheriff mack To donate directly to a bank account at Wells Fargo, Account Richard Mack, Routing Number: 122105278, Account Number: 2816818385. Be sure to get a receipt. If you wish to verify that the family received the donation, send a note to email@example.com
· The Republican Women of Prescott will meet at 11:30 am, Feb 17 at thePrescott Resort, 1500 E. Hwy. 69, Prescott, AZ to hear Kris Paronto, co author of "13 hours: The Inside Account of What Really Happened in Benghazi" AND, Lisa Benson, Radio Talk Show Host and author on the "Benghazi Truth Tour". Cost: $18. Note: If you can't make the luncheon, there will be a more intimate dinner that evening also at the Resort. Cost $ 60. RSVP: Elsie Tyree, firstname.lastname@example.org, (928) 778-0235 or Pam Calhoon, email@example.com, (928) 778-7157.
· Maricopa County Republican (MCR) Officers For 2015-16:
ü Chairman – Tyler Bowyer
ü First Vice-Chairman – Jeni White
ü Second Vice-Chairman – Aaron Border
ü Secretary – Matt Eberle
ü Treasurer – David Ludwig
· AZGOP officers for 2015-2016:
ü Chairman Robert Graham - incumbent
ü 1 Vice Chair Parralee Schneider - incumbent
ü 2 VC Gabby Saucedo-Mercer
ü Secretary Linda White - incumbent
ü Treasurer Jonathon Lines
· Volunteers are needed by Peoria City Council Candidate Ben Toma to help his campaign for the election that was delayed in August to March 2015 because of a mix-up with ballots. Toma needs help prior to the Feb 12 early ballot mail out. Volunteers are needed to drop flyers, knock on doors and phone banking. Contact: Barbara Wylie Pecora at barbarawpecora@hotmail. com (602-999-7445) or Corky Haynes at firstname.lastname@example.org (623-518-3752).
· Jose Borrajero’s instructions on how To sign up for the ALIS System to contact your legislators. The system ALIS allows you to contact your legislators and comment on bills. If you have signed for the system, here is how to access it. The only way to sign up for ALIS is at the terminals located at the House and/or Senate buildings. email@example.com
To testify (comment) on bills that you are interested in, do the following.
1. Go to the site at: https://apps.azleg.gov/Account/SignOn?ReturnUrl=%2f
2. Enter email address and password.
3. Click on “Sign On”.
4. On the Home page click on “Settings” to change password.
5. On the Home page click on “New Request”
6. Next to “Search Phrase” enter bill number
7. Click on “Search”
8. Choose your position, for, against, or neutral. Choose whether you want to speak at the hearing or not. (If you select YES, you must be present to voice your comments)
9. Insert Comments, if any and click on “Submit”
To sign up for the “Straw Poll” to legislators, sign up at http://www.azvoices.gov/ On line straw poll to let legislators your opinion on issues and bills. To be alerted as to what bills are coming up, request to be placed on the email distribution list of the organization(s) that specialize on the issues you are interested in.
Join Jose Borrajero’s” Arizona Rapid Response Team (AZRRT)” distribution list, by sending a request to firstname.lastname@example.org , if you haven’t done so already.
· Arizona State House Standing Committees members for the 52nd Legislature. Bills are assigned to one or more of the 19 House Committees on first reading. Standing Committees review bills and conduct inquiries as part of the early stages of the legislative process. Membership and meeting times for each House Committee are listed below:
ü Agriculture, Water and Lands (Thursday morning) Chair – Brenda Barton, Vice Chair – Darin Mitchell, Regina Cobb, Karen Fann, Steve Montenegro, T.J. Shope, Jennifer Benally, Rosanna Gabaldon, Lisa Otondo.
ü Appropriations (Wednesday afternoon) Chair – Justin Olson, Vice Chair – Vince Leach, John Allen, Russell “Rusty” Bowers, Rick Gray, Warren Petersen, Tony Rivero, David Stevens, Michelle Ugenti, Lela Alston, Mark Cardenas, Stefanie Mach, Eric Meyer, Andrew Sherwood.
ü Banking and Financial Services (Tuesday afternoon) Chair – Kate Brophy McGee, Vice Chair – Jeff Weninger, John Allen, Eddie Farnsworth, Jill Norgaard, Diego Espinoza, Rosanna Gabaldon, Debbie McCune Davis.
ü Children and Family Affairs (Monday afternoon) Chair – John Allen, Vice Chair – Kate Brophy McGee, John Christopher Ackerley, Regina Cobb, Phil Lovas, Kelly Townsend, Sally Ann Gonzales, Juan Jose Mendez, Rebecca Rios.
ü Commerce (Wednesday morning) Chair – Warren Petersen, Vice Chair – Jill Norgaard, Jay Lawrence, Tony Rivero, T.J. Shope, Diego Espinoza, Charlene Fernandez, Stefanie Mach.
ü County and Municipal Affairs (Monday afternoon) Chair – Doug Coleman, Vice Chair – Tony Rivero, Paul Boyer, Karen Fann, Rick Gray, Lela Alston, Reginald Bolding, Rosanna Gabaldon.
ü Education (Wednesday afternoon) Chair – Paul Boyer, Vice Chair – Jay Lawrence, Doug Coleman, Jill Norgaard, Bob Thorpe, Reginald Bolding, Lisa Otondo.
ü Elections (Tuesday morning) Chair – Michelle Ugenti, Vice Chair – J.D. Mesnard, Heather Carter, Jeff Weninger, Ken Clark, Jonathan Larkin.
ü Energy, Environment and Natural Resources (Monday afternoon) Chair – Frank Pratt, Vice Chair – Russell “Rusty” Bowers, Brenda Barton, Heather Carter, Mark Finchem, Vince Leach, Ken Clark, Macario Saldate, Victoria Steele.
ü Federalism and States’ Rights (Wednesday morning) Chair – Kelly Townsend, Vice Chair – Noel Campbell, Mark Finchem, Darn Mitchell, Bob Thorpe, Rebecca Rios, Ceci Velasquez, Bruce Wheeler.
ü Government and Higher Education (Thursday morning) Chair – Thorpe, Vice Chair – Ackerley, Phil Lovas, Justin Olson, Warren Petersen, Kelly Townsend, Lela Alston, Jonathan Larkin, Macario Saldate.
ü Health (Tuesday afternoon) Chair – Heather Carter, Vice Chair – Regina Cobb, Paul Boyer, Jay Lawrence, Randall “Randy” Friese, Eric Meyer.
ü Insurance (Wednesday morning) Chair – Karen Fann, Vice Chair – David Livingston, Doug Coleman, Phil Lovas, Bob Robson, Jonathan Larkin, Debbie McCune Davis, Lisa Otondo.
ü Judiciary (Wednesday morning) Chair – Eddie Farnsworth, Vice Chair – Sonny Borrelli, Anthony Kern, J.D. Mesnard, Randall “Randy” Friese, Albert Hale.
ü Military Affairs and Public Safety (Thursday morning) Chair – Sonny Borrelli, Vice Chair – Mark Finchem, Noel Campbell, Eddie Farnsworth, Anthony Kern, Frank Pratt, Richard Andrade, Mark Cardenas, Stefanie Mach.
ü Rules (Monday afternoon) Chair – David Stevens, Vice Chair – Steve Montenegro, David Gowan, David Livingston, Bob Robson, Bob Thorpe, Albert Hale, Ceci Velasquez, Bruce Wheeler.
ü Rural and Economic Development (Tuesday afternoon) Chair – T.J. Shope, Vice Chair – Russell “Rusty” Bowers, Brenda Barton, Vince Leach, Frank Pratt, Jennifer Benally, Sally Ann Gonzales, Juan Jose Mendez.
ü Transportation and Infrastructure (Tuesday afternoon) Chair – Rick Gray, Vice Chair – David Stevens, John Christopher Ackerley, Sonny Borrelli, Noel Campbell, Karen Fann, Richard Andrade, Charlene Fernandez, Victoria Steele.
ü Ways and Means (Monday afternoon) Chair – Darin Mitchell, Vice Chair – Anthony Kern, J.D. Mesnard, Justin Olson, Michelle Ugenti, Jeff Weninger, Mark Cardenas, Andrew Sherwood, Bruce Wheeler.
· Arizona State Senate Standing Committees:
ü Appropriations: Chair – Don Shooter, Vice Chair – John Kavanagh, Sylvia Allen, Olivia Cajero Bedford, Steve Farley, Katie Hobbs, Debbie Lesko, Kelli Ward.
ü Commerce and Work Force Development: Chair – Kimberly Yee, Vice Chair – Steve Smith, Olivia Cajero Bedford, Jeff Dial, David Farnsworth, Robert Meza, Catherine Mirana, Bob Worsley.
ü Education: Chair – Kimberly Lee, Vice-Chair Kelli Ward, Sylvia Allen, Carlyle Begay, David Bradley, Jeff Dial, Steve Smith.
ü Financial Institutions: Chair – David Farnsworth; Vice Chair – Steve Yarbrough, Carlyle Begay, Andrea Dalessandro, Adam Driggs, Steve Farley, Gail Griffin.
ü Finance: Chair – Debbie Lesko, Vice Chair – Steve Yarbrough, Steve Farley, Lynne Pancrzi, Kimberly Yee.
ü Federalism, Mandates & Fiscal Responsibility: Chair – Judy Burges, Vice Chair – David Farnsworth, Ed Ableser, Nancy Barto, David Bradley, Olivia Cajero Bedford, Steve Smith.
ü Government: Chair – John Kavanagh, Vice Chair – Sylvia Allen, Judy Burges, Lupe Contreras, Robert Meza, Martin Quezada, Steve Smith.
ü Health and Human Services: Chair – Nancy Barto, Vice Chair Kelli Ward, David Bradley, Katie Hobbs, Debbie Lesko, Lynne Pancrazi, Kimberly Lee.
ü Judiciary: Chair Adam Driggs, Vice Chair – Nancy Barto, Lupe Contreras, Andrea Dalessandro, Steve Pierce, Martin Quezada, Bob Worsley.
ü Natural Resources: Chair – Steve Pierce, Vice Chair – Don Shooter, Adam Driggs, David Farnsworth, Barbara McGuire, Robert Meza, Catherine Miranda.
ü Public Safety, Military & Technology: Chair – Steve Smith, Vice Chair – John Kavanagh, Judy Burges, Lupe Contreras, Barbara McGuire, Kelli Ward.
ü Rural Affairs and Environment: Chair Sylvia Allen, Vice Chair Gail Griffin, Andrea Dalessandro, Barbara McGuire, Don Shooter.
ü Rules: Chair – Andy Biggs, Vice Chair – Steve Yarbrough, Sylvia Allen, Olivia Cajero Bedford, Gail Griffin, Katie Hobbs, Martin Quezada.
ü State Debt and Budget Reform: Chair – Jeff Dial, Vice Chair – Debbie Lesko, Ed Ableser, Lupe Contreras, John Kavanagh.
ü Transportation: Chair – Bob Worsley, Vice Chair – Judy Burges, Ed Ableser, Carlyle Begay, Jeff Diane, Catherine Miranda, Steve Pierce.
ü Water and Energy: Chair Gail Griffin, Vice Chair – Sylvia Allen, Carolyl Begay, David Bradley, Judy Burges, Debbie Lesko, Lynne Pancrazi.
CALENDAR OF EVENTS
SUNDAY, FEBRUARY 1
· Congressman Martha McSally will speak at the “The Four Chaplains” Memorial Service scheduled at 1 pm., Sun., Feb 1 at Kino Veterans Memorial Park, 2805 E Ajo Way., Tucson, AZ. This ceremony is a tribute to the Four Chaplains – Lt. Clark Poling, a Dutch reformed clergyman; Lt. Alexander David Goode, a rabbi; Lt. George Lansing Fox, a Methodist clergyman; and Catholic priest Lt. John Washington – who gave their lives when they gave up their own life jackets to save soldiers after a German submarine torpedoed the Dorchester and it sunk within minutes. See whole story http://homeofheroes.com/brotherhood/chaplains.html
MONDAY, FEBRUARY 2
· The Lincoln Republican Women will meet at 6 pm, Mon., Feb 2 at the DoubleTree Resort by Hilton Hotel Paradise Valley-Scottsdale, 5401 N Scottsdale Rd., Scottsdale. $30 per person. Spouses Invited. 5:30 pm meet & greet. 6 pm dinner. 6:30 pm Secretary of State Michele Reagan will address “The State of the AZ State: Business and Voting issues” Reservations: Call Judy Eisenhower 480-941-8162 OR email@example.com or Pat Kaufman at 480-368-2777 firstname.lastname@example.org Send checks payable to the Lincoln Republican Women at: Judy Eisenhower, 7915 E. Sage Dr., Scottsdale, AZ 85250 Or call 480-941-8162.
· The Arizona Project will meet Mon., Feb 2 at 3375 E. Shea Blvd., for a session on ‘critical thinking’ with Pat Smith. Contact Chairman Ronald Ludders 602.677.1496
TUESDAY, FEBRUARY 3
· The Pima County Republican Club Luncheon is scheduled at 11:30 am., Tues., Feb 3 at Sabbar Shrine Temple, 450 S. Tucson Blvd, Tucson.
WEDNESDAY, FEBRUARY 4
· The Arizona American African Republican Committee Black History month meeting is scheduled at 6 pm., Wed., Feb 4 at the AZGOP Headquarters, 3501 N. 24th St., Phx. Contact: AAARC Chairman Rev. Clyde Bowen 602 274-5439 email@example.com
· The SaddleBrooke Republican Club will meet at 4:15 pm., Feb 4 at the the Mountain View Club House East Ballroom, 38735 S. Mountain View Blvd., SaddleBrooke AZ. Doors open at 3:45 p.m. Retired US Army Col Jon H Gold will address the ISIS and how they are different than Al Qaida or the Taliban. Gold is a 30 year career Military Intelligence Officer who predicted the outbreak of the ethnic conflict in Kosovo a full year before the beginning of a second ethnic cleansing – and helped prevent it. Gold is not anti-Muslim, but is anti-Islamist. He observed the rise of Radical Islamic Fundamentalism in Europe and is working to prevent that threat to Muslims, Christians, Hindus and Jews in America. Gold was a founder of the Southern California Drug Task Force. Contact: Neil Macdonald. 520 825 4361 firstname.lastname@example.org
THURSDAY, FEBRUARY 5
The Colorado River Tea Party will meet at 6 pm., Thurs., Feb 5 at to hear Robert John address city business. email@example.com
· The Central Republican Women of Phoenix will meet at 6:15 pm, Feb 5 at the Hilton Garden Inn, 4000 N Central Ave., (south of Indian School) to heard KFYI Talk show hosts Terry Gilberg address higher education. 5:30 pm social. $22 – full dinner. RSVP to TravelingTina@cox.net or call 623-934-9730.
FRIDAY, FEBRUARY 6
· The Newly Formed San Tan Valley Republican Women’s Club will meet at 4:30 pm, Fri., Feb 6 at the Terrace at Johnson Ranch, 30761 W Golf Club Drive, San Tan, AZ 85143. Light appetizers - $6.50. Membership $20, (includes local $6, NFRW $10 and AzFRW $4.) Contact: Teri Grier firstname.lastname@example.org 520-483-3562.
· Departing-Candidate-Mitt-Gets-It-Right-With-Jeb-Jab Bush Fatigue Coupled With Jeb Bush’s Notorious Amnesty Stance Make His Candidacy Unacceptable
BILL WHITTLE’S AFTER BURNER
· AZGOP financial reports filed/ AZ Sec of State azsos.gov/cfs/FilerDetail
· FEC Filing Updated/Current AZGOP Financials Info CandidateCommitteeDetail.do?canId
· AZ Border Defenders Updated Daily
· Need2No Border News Watch
BILL AND HILLARY
LAW AND ORDER
· 15-To-30-Million-Exempt-From-Obamacare-Penalty Up To 6 M Will Face Obamacare Penalty
COMMON CORE/AGENDA 21
SECRETARY OF STATE