- ► March (25)
- ► February (28)
- ► January (31)
- ► December (29)
- ► November (30)
- ► October (31)
- ► September (32)
- ► August (31)
- ► July (31)
- ► June (30)
- ► May (30)
- ► April (30)
- ► March (31)
- ► February (28)
- ► January (31)
- ► December (30)
- ► November (29)
- ► October (31)
- ► September (29)
- ► August (32)
- ► July (25)
- ► June (21)
- ► May (31)
- ► April (30)
- ► March (30)
- ▼ February (29)
- ► January (31)
- ► December (28)
- ► November (30)
- ► October (32)
- ► September (29)
- ► August (32)
- ► July (31)
- ► June (27)
- ► May (31)
- ► April (36)
- ► March (42)
- ► February (35)
- ► January (34)
- ► December (39)
- ► November (35)
- ► October (42)
- ► September (37)
- ► August (35)
- ► July (37)
- ► June (37)
- ► May (21)
- ► April (33)
- ► March (39)
- ► February (36)
- ► January (38)
- ► December (39)
- ► November (32)
- ► October (37)
- ► September (39)
- ► August (42)
Briefs Editor Frosty Taylor email@example.com
Web Master John Strasser
Sunday, February 1, 2015
“This President has a fatal flaw in his thinking. He thinks the war is over, but it isn’t. When your enemy is still killing you, the war is not over.” – Greta Van Susteren
· Republican Party of Maricopa County Chairman Tyler Bowyer has announced his 100 day of action plan.
Chairman Bowyer’s 100 Day Promise
The following outlines the aggressive plan and concrete goals promised to be completed in the first 100 days of his term in office. He will report the completion and next-steps for each goal at the May EGC meeting.
A) Empowering Precinct Committeemen & LD Leadership to Recruit and Train:
1. Provide “Walk Books” and Logins for EVERY Precinct in the County (724)
2. Schedule PC Training Sessions with Legislative District Committee Chairmen
3. Recommend Voting Rights for LDs on the State Executive Committee
4. Address Bylaw Reforms to End “Proxy Harvesting” in Maricopa County
B) Increasing Relevancy of the GOP in Maricopa County:
5. Set Fundraising Goals by Providing a Transparent Budget
6. Empower the Members-at-Large to Assist in Each of the Supervisorial Districts
C) Engaging the Public in New, Unique and Effective Ways to Grow the Party:
7. Professionally Re-brand as the Official Republican Party of Maricopa County
8. Begin Publishing Press Releases on GOP Achievements, Announcements and Republican Platform Positions
9. Return the Lincoln Day Luncheon back to the Lincoln Day Dinner Banquet
10. Schedule Two Community Service Events Per Year with the LD Committees . -- Tyler Bowyer - Chairman, Republican Party of Maricopa County 480-239-0025 firstname.lastname@example.org
· Congrats To Former Maricopa County Republicans First Vice-Chair April Riggins on her appointment as the new Executive Director for the MCR. Excellent choice on the part of newly elected Chairman Tyler Bowyer. Bowyer says Riggins will be his “right hand-man and party spokesman.” They will make a good leadership team. Bowyer will make an official announcement at the upcoming Thurs., Feb 5 Republican Party of Maricopa County Executive Guidance Committee meeting.
· Former PC Liz Clendenin: “I just opened the 1/31 Briefs. Scanning down I saw the article on "The Four Chaplains." It has been awhile but the Uncle of Rev. Clark Poling, Dr. Charles Poling was the minister at Frist Presbyterian Church downtown for many years before retiring to Prescott and then being called back to the Ministry to found The Church of All Christian Faith which was on Lincoln Drive. He spoke often of his nephew to his church members. Not a lot of us old timers left but just an interesting aside for history's sake. Thanks for the story. Trust and hope lots of Repubs read it and were moved as I was.” brotherhood/chaplains Liz Clendenin (former Precinct Committeewoman - Turquoise/Doubletree Precinct) Editor’s Note: I remember when the ‘Four Chaplains’ sacrificed their lives and the stories of the five Sullivan brothers when I was a child during WWII. brotherhood/sullivans – Frosty Taylor
· LD26 State Committeeman And Former Marine Matt Papke: “I booed Senator John McCain and I am unapologetic for my actions. The booing or jeering was a countermove to McCain's bold attempt at flanking the Republican Statutory Meeting.
“As I pulled into my parking space I noticed a large gray bus pulling in. After listening to a few speakers I headed outside to see some friends. We saw a gathering of yellow flags and were able to read their signs, “Thank you McCain” read one. Uh oh. The State Committeemen were getting flanked. The same group that had censured the Senator with 86% of the vote were now about to be part of a political theater. McCain, I reasoned, or his cadre were seating the Vietnamese delegation upstairs in the balcony. The majority of the credentialed body was seated below with their backs to the balcony and had no idea who was being placed above them.
“The plan was to have McCain take the stage (not on the agenda) and receive a thunderous round of applause to make it seem there was massive support for him. McCain’s moment would then be captured by the press. An article was posted on AZ Central minutes after the McCain appearance.
“I took an oath to defend the United States Constitution from all enemies foreign and domestic. I could not stand by and allow this charade to continue. A group of patriots alerted key individuals to the ruse that was at play. The element of surprise was foiled as more began looking over their shoulders.
“When McCain took the stage he was roundly booed and verbally accosted. The cheering yellow flag waving balcony was muted and reality won the day. I do not normally stoop to the level of rudeness. But this day I did, not to chide the Senator, but to stand with the 86% of the grassroots activists who censured him. I would not allow them to be outflanke; they are my brothers and sisters in this war for our Republic.” - Semper Fidelis Seen entire statement at Why I Booed McCain
· Super Bowl Trivia from Sandi Bartlett’s Bartlett Bunker:
ü 8 million pounds of guacamole will be spread on 14,500 tons of chips.
ü 1/4 billion wings and 325 million gallons of beer will be consumed.
ü 1/2 million people will skip work on Monday.
· Immediate Past MCRC Chairman A J LaFaro said he would not become idle when he passed the MCRC gavel to newly elected Chairman Tyler Bowyer. LaFaro is busy monitoring bills at the legislature.
· The Republican National Committee's Top Communications strategist will remain with the organization through 2016, providing a sense of continuity on messaging heading into the contested race for the GOP presidential nomination. RNC Chairman Reince Priebus will announce on Monday that Sean Spicer has been named chief strategist for the national party -- expanding on his role as communications director.
Former New York Mayor Rudy Giuliana, Former Chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff Gen Hugh Shelton and moderator former White House Director of Public Liaison Linda Chavez are coming to Phoenix to present “Countering Islamic Fundamentalism, Nuclear-Armed Iran” at 3:30 pm., Fri., Feb 13 in the Ballroom at the Sheraton Phoenix Downtown Hotel, 340 North 3rd St., Phoenix, AZ 85004. The event is sponsored by the The Iranian American Community of Arizona (www.iacaz.org). Free parking. RSVP: email@example.com
LD26 Is Conducting A “Build A Bill” Session with Senate President Andy Biggs’ on how to influence legislation in Arizona at 7:30 pm, Tues., Feb 10 in the City Of Mesa Utilities Community Room, 640 N Mesa Dr, Mesa, Arizona 85201. Bring note pads and pens. No admission fee. Donations appreciated. Contact: Matthew Papke firstname.lastname@example.org 480 - 242 – 2208.
· Nick Dranias Invited You to Compact for America's “States Take Charge: Saving the Nation with the Compact for a Balanced Budget” at 3:30 pm, Tues., Feb 10 Ballroom East, Mountain View Country Club, 38759 South Mountain View Boulevard, Tucson, AZ 85739
· Those Attending The Arrowhead Republican Women’s Feb 11 luncheon are asked to bring Children’s Patriotic books for their Caring For America project, small items for the mystery boxes and bottles of wine for the fundraiser. Speaker is Rae Chornenky, immediate past president of the National Federation of Republican Women. RSVP: arrowheadrwluncheons Expect an e-mail confirmation that your reservation has been received, typically within 24 hrs. If you do not receive one, try again or contact Lezlee at 602-885-2939. Reservations deadline: 5 pm., Fri, Feb 6. Cancellations must be received by then also or you may be billed for the meal. Republican guests are welcome as always, a maximum of two times before membership will be required. Spouses are welcome and may join as associate members if desired.
· The Sahuarita Tea Party Patriots meet Feb 10.
· Congressman Paul Gosar: Attention all high school students in Arizona's fourth Congressional district. The 2015 Congressional Art Competition has begun and I want to see your best work. This is your chance to have your artwork featured in the U.S. Capitol Building. rules for the competition: www.gosar.house.gov/serving-you/art-competition
· The Sahuarita Tea Party Patriots will meet at 6:30 pm, Feb 10 at the Triple Play Restaurant, 1570 W. Duval Mine Road to hear Trevor Laky, Southwest Regional Coordinator Heritage Action for America. Laky is the former UofA College Republicans president and interned for Congressman Matt Salmon. Sonoita/Elgin Tea Party Website
· Last Tuesday, Congressman Paul Gosar was presented with the "Friend of AMAC - The Association of Mature American Citizens Award." This organization focuses on protecting the interests of America's seniors, including conservative solutions to address important issues such as social security and healthcare.
· In Recognition Of Black History Month, Republican National Committee (RNC) Chairman Reince Priebus and Co-Chairman Sharon Day released the following statement: “This Black History Month, as we reflect on the generations of African Americans who contributed immensely to the fabric of our country and to the Republican Party, let us honor their legacy not just by what we say, but also in what we do,” Chairman Priebus said. “We pay tribute to those who have paved the way by rededicating ourselves to advancing the issues that matter most, from increasing economic opportunity to expanding educational options. It is our responsibility as Republicans to make sure every American, regardless of background, has an equal opportunity to achieve their own American Dream."
“The rich history of African Americans and the Republican Party is well documented from the earliest days of our Party” said Day. “As we honor black history this month, let us continue to build bridges with all communities – today and in the future. That means standing up for children who deserve access to a quality education, expanding economic opportunity in places where it’s lacking, and focusing on providing affordable, accessible health care that actually lowers costs so that every American has a shot at living their American Dream.”
· Congressman Paul Gosar: This week the House of Representatives was busy pushing back against President Obama’s overreaching big government policies that he reaffirmed in his State of the Union a couple weeks ago. I introduced the Waters of the United States Regulatory Overreach Protection Act to fight back against the EPA’s proposed water rights grab. My bill would prevent federal agencies from seizing control of more water that is currently under the jurisdiction of states and private ownership, through an improper expansion of the Clean Water Act. Arizonans can't afford more economic hurdles and thievery of precious water supplies from an unaccountable federal government operating in hyper mode. Only Congress, elected by the people, should have the authority to change laws, not bureaucrats in Washington.
· Maricopa County Republican (MCR) Officers For 2015-16:
ü Chairman – Tyler Bowyer
Executive Director – April Riggins
ü First Vice-Chairman – Jeni White
ü Second Vice-Chairman – Aaron Border
ü Secretary – Matt Eberle
ü Treasurer – David Ludwig
· AZGOP officers for 2015-2016:
ü Chairman Robert Graham - incumbent
ü 1 Vice Chair Parralee Schneider - incumbent
ü 2 VC Gabby Saucedo-Mercer
ü Secretary Linda White - incumbent
ü Treasurer Jonathon Lines
CALENDAR OF EVENTS
MONDAY, FEBRUARY 2
· The Lincoln Republican Women will meet at 6 pm, Mon., Feb 2 at the Double Tree Resort by Hilton Hotel Paradise Valley-Scottsdale, 5401 N Scottsdale Rd., Scottsdale. $30 per person. Spouses Invited. 5:30 pm meet & greet. 6 pm dinner. 6:30 pm Secretary of State Michele Reagan will address “The State of the AZ State: Business and Voting issues” Reservations: Call Judy Eisenhower 480-941-8162 OR email@example.com or Pat Kaufman at 480-368-2777 firstname.lastname@example.org Send checks payable to the Lincoln Republican Women at: Judy Eisenhower, 7915 E. Sage Dr., Scottsdale, AZ 85250 Or call 480-941-8162.
· The Arizona Project will meet Mon., Feb 2 at 3375 E. Shea Blvd., for a session on ‘critical thinking’ with Pat Smith. Contact Chairman Ronald Ludders 602.677.1496
TUESDAY, FEBRUARY 3
· The Pima County Republican Club Luncheon is scheduled at 11:30 am., Tues., Feb 3 at Sabbar Shrine Temple, 450 S. Tucson Blvd, Tucson.
WEDNESDAY, FEBRUARY 4
· The Arizona American African Republican Committee Black History month meeting is scheduled at 6 pm., Wed., Feb 4 at the AZGOP Headquarters, 3501 N. 24th St., Phx. Contact: AAARC Chairman Rev. Clyde Bowen 602 274-5439 email@example.com
· The SaddleBrooke Republican Club will meet at 4:15 pm., Feb 4 at the the Mountain View Club House East Ballroom, 38735 S. Mountain View Blvd., SaddleBrooke AZ. Doors open at 3:45 p.m. Retired US Army Col Jon H Gold will address the ISIS and how they are different than Al Qaida or the Taliban. Gold is a 30 year career Military Intelligence Officer who predicted the outbreak of the ethnic conflict in Kosovo a full year before the beginning of a second ethnic cleansing – and helped prevent it. Gold is not anti-Muslim, but is anti-Islamist. He observed the rise of Radical Islamic Fundamentalism in Europe and is working to prevent that threat to Muslims, Christians, Hindus and Jews in America. Gold was a founder of the Southern California Drug Task Force. Contact: Neil Macdonald. 520 825 4361 firstname.lastname@example.org
THURSDAY, FEBRUARY 5
The Colorado River Tea Party will meet at 6 pm., Thurs., Feb 5 at to hear Robert John address city business. email@example.com
· The Central Republican Women of Phoenix will meet at 6:15 pm, Feb 5 at the Hilton Garden Inn, 4000 N Central Ave., (south of Indian School) to hear KFYI Talk show host Terry Gilberg address higher education. 5:30 pm social. $22 – full dinner. RSVP to TravelingTina@cox.net or call 623-934-9730.
FRIDAY, FEBRUARY 6
· The Newly Formed San Tan Valley Republican Women’s Club will meet at 4:30 pm, Fri., Feb 6 at the Terrace at Johnson Ranch, 30761 W Golf Club Drive, San Tan, AZ 85143. Light appetizers - $6.50. Membership $20, (includes local $6, NFRW $10 and AzFRW $4.) Contact: Teri Grier firstname.lastname@example.org 520-483-3562.
SATURDAY, FEBRUARY 7
· The Sun City West Republican Club will meet at 8:30 am., Sat., Feb 7 at the SCW Foundations building (Quail Room), 14465 R H Johnson Blvd., Sun City West, Arizona. 8 am, coffee and donuts. Admission $2. Speaker: Loren Spivack "The Free Market Warrior" back by popular demand. Spivack also authored "The New Democrat" a parody, based on a famous children's book, and "The Gorax". Both books will be available at the meeting. Contact: John Neal email@example.com
· The Tempe Republican Women/Arizona Federation Of Republican Women Region 6 Social is scheduled from 11 am-1 am, Feb 7 at Mi Amigos Restaurant, 1264 S Gilbert Road, Mesa. $15 per person. RSVP firstname.lastname@example.org
· A Support Rally For All Law Enforcement Officers is scheduled from 10 am –noon, Sat., Feb 7 in front of the Department of Public Safety- DPS (Capital), 14 N. 18th Ave, Phx, Az (18th Ave & Adams /Washington). Contact: Barbara Heller at Barb Heller email@example.com
· Arizona-Child-Porn-Uninvestigated 15,000 Cases - Lawmaker: Victims Are Getting Younger And The Crimes More Violent. We Just Need More Investigators To Get The Bad Guys.
· Departing-Candidate-Mitt-Gets-It-Right-With-Jeb-Jab Bush Fatigue Coupled With Jeb Bush’s Notorious Amnesty Stance Make His Candidacy Unacceptable
BILL WHITTLE’S AFTER BURNER
· AZGOP financial reports filed/ AZ Sec of State azsos.gov/cfs/FilerDetail
· FEC Filing Updated/Current AZGOP Financials Info CandidateCommitteeDetail.do?canId
· AZ Border Defenders Updated Daily
· Need2No Border News Watch
JUDGE JEANINE pirro
· Judge Jeanine Pours Scorn On Latest WH Lie: ‘Now The Taliban Are Not Terrorists?’ The Judge Was Fuming
BILL AND HILLARY
· Insurance-To-Be-Canceled-For-Having Christ-On-Car 'Might Be Somebody In That Company Who Hates Christianity'
· 15-To-30-Million-Exempt-From-Obamacare-Penalty Up To 6M Will Face Obamacare Penalty
COMMON CORE/AGENDA 21
SECRETARY OF STATE
· Cruz-Grills-Kerry-On-Anti-Netanyahu-Spending Former Obama Campaigners Set Up Shop In Israel, Aim To 'Change' Government
· Netanyahu-Fires-Back-At-‘Obama-Team’ -Plotting-His-Defeat Demands Injunction Against U.S.-Linked Group Trying To Swing Israeli Election