- ► April (21)
- ► March (27)
- ► February (28)
- ► January (31)
- ► December (29)
- ► November (30)
- ► October (31)
- ► September (32)
- ► August (31)
- ► July (31)
- ► June (30)
- ► May (30)
- ► April (30)
- ► March (31)
- ► February (28)
- ► January (31)
- ► December (30)
- ► November (29)
- ► October (31)
- ► September (29)
- ► August (32)
- ► July (25)
- ► June (21)
- ► May (31)
- ► April (30)
- ► March (30)
- ▼ February (29)
- ► January (31)
- ► December (28)
- ► November (30)
- ► October (32)
- ► September (29)
- ► August (32)
- ► July (31)
- ► June (27)
- ► May (31)
- ► April (36)
- ► March (42)
- ► February (35)
- ► January (34)
- ► December (39)
- ► November (35)
- ► October (42)
- ► September (37)
- ► August (35)
- ► July (37)
- ► June (37)
- ► May (21)
- ► April (33)
- ► March (39)
- ► February (36)
- ► January (38)
- ► December (39)
- ► November (32)
- ► October (37)
- ► September (39)
- ► August (42)
Briefs Editor Frosty Taylor email@example.com
Web Master John Strasser
Monday, February 2, 2015
· Senators Sylvia Allen, Judy Burges: Gail Griffin, Kelli Ward have introduced SB1309, that will curb the abuse of “harvesting” proxy at the state, county and legislative districts meetings. SB1309 limitations:
ü A person may not carry more than ten proxies from members of the state committee to a meeting of the state committee
ü A person may not carry more than four proxies from members of the county committee to a meeting of the county committee.
ü A person may not carry more than four proxies from members of the legislative district committee to a meeting of the legislative district committee.
The bill amends sections 16-822, 16-823, 16-824, 16-826 and 16-828, Arizona Revised Statues; relating to political party organization and government. http://www.azleg.gov//FormatDocument.asp?inDoc=/legtext/52leg/1r/bills/sb1309p.htm&Session_ID=114
The bill comes as the result of individual precinct committeemen harvesting numerous proxies to sway elections. Reports of individual precinct committeemen carrying up to 37 proxies to the Jan 24 AZGOP Statutory meeting committeemen have surfaced. Photos are circulating of individual state committeemen carrying numerous proxy at the state meeting.
Reports also surfaced of individual precinct committeemen carrying numerous proxies at the Jan 10 Maricopa County Republicans Mandatory meeting.
Reports surfaced throughout November and December of proxy harvesting used to cleanse legislative districts of conservative leaders and state committeemen during the organizational meetings . One LD13 precinct committeeman registered 29 proxies at the LD13 reorganizational meeting in November.
Cochise, Greenlee, Graham and Pima County LD14 PCs passed a resolution limiting PCs to carrying “no more than four proxies,” according to LD14 Chairman Tom Crosby in November 2014. 2014_11_01_archive.html That resolution resulted from a precinct committeeman carrying 50 proxies to a prior meeting, according to Crosby.
Newly elected Maricopa County Republican Chairman Tyler Bowyer has listed addressing bylaw reforms to end “Proxy Harvesting” in Maricopa County in his 100 Day Action Plan. See Bowyer’s 100 Day Plan 2-1-15-mcrc-briefs
· The Maricopa County Community College District (MCCCD) is not only the largest Community College District in America, it is one of the largest taxing districts in Arizona. Over the last five years the leaders of the district have demonstrated a voracious appetite for increasing the tax burden on Maricopa County property owners, according to Thayer Verschoor, Arizona Republican Assembly (AZRA) president.
“The tax rate increased by nearly 50% from 2010 to 2014 and the total taxes levied grew by more than 30% over just the last two years. In response to these irresponsible tax increases, the voters in November 2014 elected three proven conservative Republicans to the MCCCD Board,” he noted.
Since elections for these positions are staggered, in 2016 three more seats will be on the ballot for election. The districts to be elected in 2016 align with the Supervisor Districts: District 1 (Southeast Valley), District 2 (Northeast Valley) and District 5 (South Phoenix). “Current Republican conservative board members Johanna Haver, John Heep and Jean McGrath need help in forming a board that follows the Republican fiscal conservative philosophy. It is essential that the voters of Maricopa County elect at least two more conservative MCCCD Board members if we are to restore fiscal sanity to the district, Verschoor said. “Conservatives who believe that we should rein in the out of control spending should identify Republican Party Platform Constitutional Conservatives to run for these important positions.” Contact/information AZRA2014@zoho.com.
· Activist Art Olivas: “As you know. I am quick to criticize anybody that I believe is not a conservative Republican. I have been very doubtful of our new MCRC Chairman Tyler Bowyer. We had been given some derogatory information about him before his election! After all our research, the information we received could not be proven. Our monitors have come to the conclusion that Tyler Bowyer is sincere in his pledge to better the Republican Party. I, Arthur Olivas Jr., have not made it easy for Tyler! And for that reason. I, Art Olivas, openly and sincerely apologize to our County Chairman Tyler Bowyer.” – Art Olivas
· A Coffee With Rep Kate Brophy McGee is scheduled from 8-9 am, Mon., Feb 9 at the Phx Police Sergeants & Lieutenants Association Office, 8821 N. 7th St., #210, Phoenix. Open to the public.
· Former AZGOP Chairman Tom Morrissey is about to publish his next book “9 Palace Pattern.” He is also coming out with “The Sacred Search Series” - a boxed set in late March. The retired cop turned author has turned out several books over the past couple of years that have shot to the top of the charts.
· Americans for Prosperity Arizona Director Tom Jenney is urging the passage of
1) HB 2153, sponsored by Rep. Justin Olson (Mesa), would to low-income children get into independent schools that better serve their needs, by increasing the number of business that can make tax credit contributions to student tuition organizations (STOs). HB 2153 was heard in the House Ways and Means Committee today,( Mon, Feb 2) and may go to a floor vote soon, so take action now to expand school choice in Arizona!
2) SB 1189, sponsored by Sen. Kelli Ward (Mohave County), would allow Arizona consumers the freedom to purchase health insurance plans regulated in other states. This reform would give consumers more choices in the increasingly government-controlled health care market, and would use competition to lower the prices of health plans. SB 1189 will be heard in the Senate Financial Institutions Committee on Wednesday, February 4. (AFP-Arizona director Tom Jenney will testify in favor of the bill). The big insurance companies don't like competition, and will be fighting against this bill, so please take action now to support health care freedom!
3) SB 1172, sponsored by Senator Kimberly Yee (NW Phoenix), would protect student privacy by preventing school districts from misusing student information for political and electioneering activity. SB 1173, also sponsored by Sen. Yee, would provide more transparency in ballot pamphlets for school district bond measures and budget overrides, by requiring the pamphlets to inform voters about how much money is spent each year per student, from all revenue sources (local, state and federal). Both SB 1172 and SB 1173 will be heard in the Senate Education Committee on Thurs, Feb 5, and may go to floor votes soon, so please Take Action Today.
4) HB 2173, sponsored by Rep. Mark Finchem, would eliminate taxes on the exchange of gold and silver coins. HB 2173 will be heard in the House Federalism and States' Rights Committee on Wed, Feb 4. Tenny requests emails to these committee members, asking them to support HB 2173:
Rep. Bob Thorpe firstname.lastname@example.org
Rep. Noel Campbell email@example.com
Rep. Darin Mitchell firstname.lastname@example.org
Rep. Ceci Velasquez email@example.com
Rep. Kelly Townsend firstname.lastname@example.org
Rep. Rebecca Rios email@example.com
Rep. Bruce Wheeler firstname.lastname@example.org
Jenny requests thanks you notes be sent to Finchem at email@example.com for pushing this bill.
· LD29 will meet at 7 pm, Feb. 10 at Kings & Associates Realty, LLC, 6006 N 83rd Ave, Suite 201, Glendale, AZ 85303. Contact: Chairman Alan Gaugert 623-330-3622 or firstname.lastname@example.org
· The Yavapai Republican Men's Forum will meet at 11:30 am., Feb 9 at St. Michael's Hotel Ballroom, 205 W. Gurley St., Prescott. Speakers: Mark Meckler, President of Citizens for Self-Governance and Yavapai County Assessor Pam Pearsall on Prop 117. Cost: $18 each. Reservation deadline noon, Thurs., Feb 5. RSVP: Bob Luzius at (928) 717-2551 or email@example.com
· The Highway 69 Republicans will meet at 6 pm., Mon., Feb 9 at Puerta Vallarta Restaurant, 11901 E. Hwy 69, Dewey, AZ. 5 pm social hour. Speaker: Michael Ferris, "Convention of States Project. " RSVP June at (928) 632-4661
· Embry Riddle RU College Republicans will meet at 7 pm., Mon., Feb 9 at the ERU-King Engineering Bldg. to hear American’s for Prosperity AZ Director Tom Jenny. Contact: Joey Cilano firstname.lastname@example.org
· The Coconino County Republican Committee Lincoln Day Dinner has been changed to Feb 17 at 6 pm., at the Double Tree Hotel by Hilton, 1175 W Rt 66, Flagstaff with speakers Gov Doug Ducey, Treasurer Jeff DeWit and Congressman Paul Gosar. Program remarks by Mayor Jerry Nabours and Councilman Jeff Orvits. Doors open to dinner attendees at 5:45 pm. Tickets $50 per person, at the door $60 each. Tables of 10 - $450. VIP reception at 5:30 pm, VIP tickets $100 each, includes table seating with one of the speakers. First come, first served. Platinum table sponsorships: $750 for table of 10, seating up front with dinner, VIP reception and photo ops. Limited seating. No host bar. Sent checks payable to CCRC and mail to CCRC Treasurer Dan Edel 3120 W Tami Lane, Flagstaff, AZ 86001. Personal checks only. Checks must be postmarked no later than Feb 11.Contact CCRC Chairman Joan Harris, 928-226-0502 email@example.com
· As Part Of The Coconino County Republicans Lincoln Day Fundraiser, Canyoneers, Inc. will be selling drawing tickets for a 7 day, 6 night full motorized Grand Canyon River trip. Tickets: $10 each, will be sold before, during and after the dinner. The drawing will be held as soon as 200 tickets are sold. Raffle tickets: Send a check payable to CCRC c/o Treasurer Dan Edel at 3120 West Tami lane, Flagstaff, AZ 86001. Include name and phone number of purchaser so winner can be contacted. Tickets will be mailed to out of town purchasers once payment is received. Contact: coconinorepublicans.org
· Congressman Paul Gosar: I applaud my Senate colleagues for successfully voting to authorize the construction of the Keystone XL pipeline this past week. More importantly, this bill passed through the Senate using an open and inclusive legislative process that allowed for an honest debate on the merits of this bill. Republican, Democrat or Independent... we can all agree that fixing the process by which business is done in Washington must be one of our top priorities. The House has approved this critical energy project 10 different times, and I am pleased the Senate, under new leadership, is finally following our lead.
· Thanks to Obamacare, America Will Soon Implode “…For a long time now, I have maintained that there is a very simple solution to the Gordian complexities of our tax code -- it is to pass a law like this.” - Anglican Curmudgeon
· The Mingus Mountain Republican Club meets at 11:15 am., Tues., Feb 10 at the VFW Post #7400, 705 E. Aspen St., Cottonwood, AZ. $11 per person. Speaker Paul Lenze on "The ISIS Factor and The Terrorist." RSVP: Niles Haton (928) 649-1643 or Mingus_Mountain@hotmail.com
· The Verde Valley Republican Women's Luncheon is scheduled at 11 am., Feb 10 to hear AZGOP Chairman Robert Graham poolside at the Sedona rouge Hotel and Spa, 2250 Hwy 89A, Sedona, AZ Poolside. $17 each. RSVP: Erna Sesek (928) 284-4248 or Sesek@q.com
· The Embry Riddle College Republicans will meet with newly elected Maricopa County Republicans Chairman Tyler Bowyer at 7 pm., Feb 16 in the ERU-King Engineering Bldg. on the campus in Prescott. Contact: Joey Cilano firstname.lastname@example.org
· The Sahuarita Tea Party Patriots meet Feb 10.
· Maricopa County Republican (MCR) Officers For 2015-16:
ü Chairman – Tyler Bowyer
Executive Director – April Riggins
ü First Vice-Chairman – Jeni White
ü Second Vice-Chairman – Aaron Borders
ü Secretary – Matt Eberle
ü Treasurer – David Ludwig
· AZGOP officers for 2015-2016:
ü Chairman Robert Graham
ü 1 Vice Chair Parralee Schneider
ü 2 VC Gabby Saucedo-Mercer
ü Secretary Linda White
ü Treasurer Jonathon Lines
· Congressman Paul Gosar: This past week marked National School Choice week. A quality education is the foundation for success not only for our children but also for our nation’s future. In order for students to succeed, it is critical that our schools provide a specialized learning experience that is unique to the diverse communities that exist throughout the country. Parents, teachers and local communities know our children’s needs best and should all play an essential role in making fundamental decisions for their children’s development. I am proud that Arizona has led the nation in incorporating this philosophy and enrolled students in more than 500 different charter schools throughout the state, accounting for approximately 10 percent of the total student population. Charter schools have a proven track record and are successfully preparing Arizona students for higher education as well as equipping them with the tools they will need to thrive in today’s workforce. Still more must be done to promote and empower local communities to address their own educational needs. Washington needs to stop pushing a one-size-fits-all approach when it comes to education, and allow parents and states the freedom to choose what is best for their students.
· Congressman Matt Salmon addressed the administration’s callous disregard for the law and the effects these policies are having on law-abiding citizens in the below Dear Colleague. After distributing the letter to all members of Congress, Rep. Salmon released the following statement: “The fruit of this administration’s unconstitutional actions were on full display two weeks ago, when a law-abiding 21-year old store clerk was senselessly murdered by a convicted criminal who was in our nation illegally. Under President Obama’s deliberate misinterpretations of our immigration laws, Mr. Apolinar Altamirano was released into Arizona while he awaited a deportation hearing. Mr. Altamirano had already been convicted on a burglary charge, he had already threatened to kill two women, and he had already claimed ties to the ‘Mexican Mafia.’ But to an administration that pursues the nullification of our immigration laws with its deceitful catch-and-release policy, Mr. Altamirano was free to live with law-abiding Arizonans. This disgraceful conduct must end. Our immigration laws exist for a reason, and one man’s unilateral efforts to abrogate them must face Congressional action. That’s why I urged my colleagues to join me today and work to stop these policies.” Full text here: Dear Colleague
· Congresswoman Martha McSally statement after President Obama requested in his budget to retire the A-10 Warthog ahead of schedule and retire 7 EC-130 Compass Call aircraft at Davis-Monthan Air Force Base. “Even as we’re seeing the A-10 play a crucial role in the fight against ISIS and EC-130s being deployed from D-M, the President is again making the irresponsible decision to retire these aircraft ahead of schedule,” said McSally. “Not only will this decision weaken our defense capabilities and jeopardize our national security, it will endanger the lives of American troops deployed in harm’s way.” See full statement mcsally-calls-administration-preserve-10
CALENDAR OF EVENTS
TUESDAY, FEBRUARY 3
· The Pima County Republican Club Luncheon is scheduled at 11:30 am., Tues., Feb 3 at Sabbar Shrine Temple, 450 S. Tucson Blvd, Tucson.
WEDNESDAY, FEBRUARY 4
· The Arizona American African Republican Committee Black History month meeting is scheduled at 6 pm., Wed., Feb 4 at the AZGOP Headquarters, 3501 N. 24th St., Phx. Contact: AAARC Chairman Rev. Clyde Bowen 602 274-5439 email@example.com
· The SaddleBrooke Republican Club will meet at 4:15 pm., Feb 4 at the the Mountain View Club House East Ballroom, 38735 S. Mountain View Blvd., SaddleBrooke AZ. Doors open at 3:45 p.m. Retired US Army Col Jon H Gold will address the ISIS and how they are different than Al Qaida or the Taliban. Gold is a 30 year career Military Intelligence Officer who predicted the outbreak of the ethnic conflict in Kosovo a full year before the beginning of a second ethnic cleansing – and helped prevent it. Gold is not anti-Muslim, but is anti-Islamist. He observed the rise of Radical Islamic Fundamentalism in Europe and is working to prevent that threat to Muslims, Christians, Hindus and Jews in America. Gold was a founder of the Southern California Drug Task Force. Contact: Neil Macdonald. 520 825 4361 firstname.lastname@example.org
THURSDAY, FEBRUARY 5
· The Central Republican Women of Phoenix will meet at 6:15 pm, Feb 5 at the Hilton Garden Inn, 4000 N Central Ave., (south of Indian School) to hear KFYI Talk show host Terry Gilberg address higher education. 5:30 pm social. $22 – full dinner. RSVP to TravelingTina@cox.net or call 623-934-9730.
· Starting Feb 5, The Colorado River Tea Party – Yuma will meet the first and third Thursdays of the month at 6 pm., at the at Community Christian Church, 6480 E. Hwy 95 in last building behind church. Feb 5 they will hear Robert John address city business. www.coloradoriverteaparty.org
FRIDAY, FEBRUARY 6
· The Newly Formed San Tan Valley Republican Women’s Club will meet at 4:30 pm, Fri., Feb 6 at the Terrace at Johnson Ranch, 30761 W Golf Club Drive, San Tan, AZ 85143. Light appetizers - $6.50. Membership $20, (includes local $6, NFRW $10 and AzFRW $4.) Contact: Teri Grier email@example.com 520-483-3562.
SATURDAY, FEBRUARY 7
· The Sun City West Republican Club will meet at 8:30 am., Sat., Feb 7 at the SCW Foundations building (Quail Room), 14465 R H Johnson Blvd., Sun City West, Arizona. 8 am, coffee and donuts. Admission $2. Speaker: Loren Spivack "The Free Market Warrior" back by popular demand. Spivack also authored "The New Democrat" a parody, based on a famous children's book, and "The Gorax". Both books will be available at the meeting. Contact: John Neal firstname.lastname@example.org
· The Tempe Republican Women/Arizona Federation Of Republican Women Region 6 Social is scheduled from 11 am-1 am, Feb 7 at Mi Amigos Restaurant, 1264 S Gilbert Road, Mesa. $15 per person. RSVP email@example.com
A Support Rally For All Law Enforcement Officers is scheduled from 10 am –noon, Sat., Feb 7 in front of the Department of Public Safety- DPS (Capital), 14 N. 18th Ave, Phx, Az (18th Ave & Adams /Washington). Contact: Barbara Heller at Barb Heller firstname.lastname@example.org
MONDAY, FEBRUARY 9
· The Highway 69 Republicans will meet at 6 pm., Mon., Feb 9 at The Puerta Vallarta Restaurant (rear dining room, park in rear), 11901 E. Hwy 69, Dewey AZ, 86327. 5 pm social hour. This meeting will be done by SKYPE on a big screen with Michael Farris so can see the audience and will be able do Q&A at the end. Farris Heads the Convention of States Project, is the Chancellor of Patrick Henry College and Chairman of the Home School Legal Defense Association. He was the founding president of both organizations. During his career as a constitutional appellate litigator, and has served as lead counsel in the United States Supreme Court, eight federal circuit courts, and the appellate courts of 13 states. Farris has been a leader on Capital Hill for over 30 years and is widely recognized for his leadership in the defense of homeschooling, religious freedom, and the preservation of American Sovereignty. Order from menu.. Limited seating. RSVP for seating. TO JUNE 928-632-4661 http://www.highway69republicans.com
TUESDAY, FEBRUARY 10
LD26 Is Conducting A “Build A Bill” Session with Senate President Andy Biggs’ on how to influence legislation in Arizona at 7:30 pm, Tues., Feb 10 in the City Of Mesa Utilities Community Room, 640 N Mesa Dr, Mesa, Arizona 85201. Bring note pads and pens. No admission fee. Donations appreciated. Contact: Matthew Papke email@example.com 480 - 242 – 2208.
· Nick Dranias Invited You to Compact for America's “States Take Charge: Saving the Nation with the Compact for a Balanced Budget” at 3:30 pm, Tues., Feb 10 Ballroom East, Mountainview Country Club, 38759 South Mountain View Boulevard, Tucson, AZ 85739.
· The Sahuarita Tea Party Patriots will meet at 6:30 pm, Feb 10 at the Triple Play Restaurant, 1570 W. Duval Mine Road to hear Trevor Laky, Southwest Regional Coordinator Heritage Action for America. Laky is the former UofA College Republicans president and interned for Congressman Matt Salmon. Sonoita/Elgin Tea Party Website
· LD26 Is Hosting Arizona Senate President Andy Biggs’ Open Forum on how to influence legislation in Arizona at 7:30 pm, Tues., Feb 10 in the City Of Mesa Utilities Community Room, 640 N Mesa Dr, Mesa, Arizona 85201. Bring note pads and pens. No admission fee. Donations appreciated. Contact: Matthew Papke firstname.lastname@example.org 480 - 242 – 2208.
· Wheeler-To-Challenge-McSally In 2016 LD10 Dem
· AZ Merit-Testing-Designed-To-Fail Interview with a teacher with long term experience in public and charter school environments; currently a charter school owner.
BILL WHITTLE’S AFTER BURNER
· AZGOP financial reports filed/ AZ Sec of State azsos.gov/cfs/FilerDetail
· FEC Filing Updated/Current AZGOP Financials Info CandidateCommitteeDetail.do?canId
· Kris ‘Tanto’ Paronto: The Man Who Lived The Truth In Benghazi By Herman Cain
· AZ Border Defenders Updated Daily
· Need2No Border News Watch
· The Scandals At Justice Did Justice “Steamroll The Truth” In Attempt To Extort A Settlement?
JUDGE JEANINE pirro
· Judge Jeanine Pours Scorn On Latest WH Lie: ‘Now The Taliban Are Not Terrorists?’ The Judge Was Fuming
BILL AND HILLARY
· Republicans: Obama Budget 'Laughable' The GOP Also Couldn’t Resist Making Multiple References To ‘Groundhog Day’
· Chris-Christie-Fires-Major-Shot-In-Vaccine-War Unleashes Firestorm By Endorsing Parents' Right To Opt Out
COMMON CORE/AGENDA 21