- ► May (22)
- ► April (24)
- ► March (27)
- ► February (28)
- ► January (31)
- ► December (29)
- ► November (30)
- ► October (31)
- ► September (32)
- ► August (31)
- ► July (31)
- ► June (30)
- ► May (30)
- ► April (30)
- ► March (31)
- ► February (28)
- ► January (31)
- ► December (30)
- ► November (29)
- ► October (31)
- ► September (29)
- ► August (32)
- ► July (25)
- ► June (21)
- ► May (31)
- ► April (30)
- ► March (30)
- ▼ February (29)
- ► January (31)
- ► December (28)
- ► November (30)
- ► October (32)
- ► September (29)
- ► August (32)
- ► July (31)
- ► June (27)
- ► May (31)
- ► April (36)
- ► March (42)
- ► February (35)
- ► January (34)
- ► December (39)
- ► November (35)
- ► October (42)
- ► September (37)
- ► August (35)
- ► July (37)
- ► June (37)
- ► May (21)
- ► April (33)
- ► March (39)
- ► February (36)
- ► January (38)
- ► December (39)
- ► November (32)
- ► October (37)
- ► September (39)
- ► August (42)
Briefs Editor Frosty Taylor firstname.lastname@example.org
Web Master John Strasser
Thursday, February 5, 2015
· The Maricopa County Republican Committee Executive Guidance Committee met at AZGOP headquarters this evening to get plans underway on newly elected Chairman Tyler Bowyer’s ‘100 Day Plan.’
· This Evening Gov Doug Ducey conducted a tele-town hall focused on K-12 education with Southern Arizonans. He was joined by former Arizona Superintendent of Public Instruction Lisa Graham Keegan, to discuss and answer questions. Current Supt of Public Instruction Diane Douglas was reportedly miffed that Ducey had excluded her from the tele-town hall. AZ Education Chief Miffed Over No Invite To Town Hall Meeting Ducey’s State of the State addressed a Classrooms First Initiative, reflecting his budget proposal to increase classroom funding by $134 million.
Buckmaster Had An Interesting Line Up on today’s noon radio talk show from Tucson: Dr. Mark Stegeman, governing board member, Tucson Unified School District. Retired PE Teacher Dr. Steve Gall, who is pushing state lawmakers to encourage daily physical activity in every kindergarten through 5th grade class in Arizona. Also, Tucson Hispanic Chamber CEO Lea Marquez Peterson. Plus, Buckmaster legal contributor Attorney Don Loose. Buckmaster airs on Tucson's AM 1030 KVOI The Voice with live streaming, podcasts and show archive at www.BuckmasterShow.com.
· Immediate Past Maricopa County Republicans Chairman A J LaFaro addressed the PebbleCreek Republican Club this evening.
Congresswoman Martha McSally was on Fox News’ Megyn Kelly’s ‘Kelly File” at 7:30 pm this evening discussing the Administration's policy on closing Guantanamo Bay and the latest on ISIS.
· The Arizona Republican Assembly (AzRA) will meet at 12:30 pm., Sat., Feb 14
in the Devonshire Center, 2802 E Devonshire St., Phx. 85016 Devonshire is one block N of Indian School Rd, one mile E of SR51. The group’s goal is to replace RINO's in key positions with Republicans who support the Republican Platform and the US Constitution. With over 150 members, they hope to reach 200 members by the February meeting. Contact: AzRA President Thayer Verschoor 602-703-0266.
· The Fountain Hills Republican Club has announced that Sheriff Joe Arpaio will be the keynote speaker at its February 28th meeting and that AZ Attorney General Mark Brnovich will be the keynote speaker at the March 21st Annual Breakfast. Both events are at the Fountain Hills Community Center, 13301 North LaMontana Drive. The February meeting is free. The March 21 Breakfast is $12 for members paying in advance and $15 for non-members or members paying at the door. Reservations may be made by calling/mailing a check to Treasurer, Fountain Hills Republican Club, P.O. Box 17814, Fountain Hills, AZ 85269-7814, e-mailing Replady2015@outlook.com or call 480 837-7878 and pay at the door. If you call, leave a message if no one answers.
· Newly elected Fountain Hills Republican Club board members are:
President Dr. C.T. Wright
1st Vice President Rosemary Hansen
2nd Vice President Leona Johnston
3rd Vice President Shari Morris
Secretary Boe James
Treasurer Nicole Oswald
Wellness Comm Chr --Marilyn Higgins
Board members: Chris Brant, Harold Denomme, Tait Elkie, Bob Gomez , Jerry Miles, Edith Stock and Vicki Thompson
· The Pima County Republican Party’s Annual Lincoln Day Dinner is scheduled at 6 pm., Sat., Feb 28 at the Doubletree Hotel Reid Park featuring new Arizona Congresswoman Martha McSally. Precinct Committee will be recognized for their work this past year. 5 pm – cash bar. $35 per person/$60 per couple. Table of 10 - $300. RSVP before Feb. 21 with debt/credit card payment to Pima County Republican Headquarters at 520-321-1492. Sponsorship information call Karen Schuttee 520-877-3230. Silent Auction donations call Mary Preble 520-409-9269.
· House Speaker David Gowan has placed the NFIB-priority HB 2213 on the House calendar. Rep. Warren Petersen’s bill would require state regulators to offer small businesses an opportunity to correct minor rule violations rather than issue a citation or fine.
· The Number Of American’s Filing For First-Time Unemployment Benefits Rose last week to 278,000 from an upwardly revised 267,000 the week prior. Wall Street expected a steeper increase to 290,000 from an initially reported 265,000. FoxBusiness.com
The Commerce Department Reports The U.S. Trade Gap Widened to $46.56 billion in December from $39.75 the month prior. The reading came in well above the $38 billion Wall Street expected. FoxBusiness.com
· National Republican Committeeman Bruce Ash: The Same Old Same Old – “It’s getting clearer with each Obama official leaving for Hillary Clinton’s campaign that the sole purpose of her candidacy is to continue President Obama's failed policies in a Third Obama term under another name. When someone says they are "ready for Hillary" they have to understand they are supporting Obama .”
· The Arizona Project will meet at 6:30 pm., Mon., Feb 9 to hear Rep Paul Boyer address uninvestigated Arizona Child Porn. child-porn-uninvestigated. The group meets at 3375 E Shea Blvd., Phx. Attendees are asked to drop off yard sale items between 9am-5 m, M-F. Chr Ron Ludders 602.677.1496
· Former County Attorney Andrew Thomas: “The burning alive of the Jordanian pilot was a barbarous reminder of what we're up against in the war on terror. The predators in ISIS are a threat to civilization and simply have to be stopped.”
· LD23 Rep Jay Lawrence: “Another day, another interesting bill. And another great example of how lobbyists can work, the process can work, and how different members hear different sales pitches based on their personal beliefs. We heard a bill designed to benefit Tesla, a company that produces a great looking car but that doesn’t want to play by the rules in terms of using dealerships to sell their products. The pitch to me was “free market!” which naturally resonates. But the company on which lobbyists are trying to pitch me is owned by a man whose entire fortune is dependent on government subsidies, loans, etc. Tesla itself loses money on every car it sells until you factor in the various pro-environment subsidies that state and federal governments kick in. Ultimately I sided with the system we have and the way it protects consumers and allows dealers to play advocate, provide service, etc. I also voted to honor the rules of the game as we have set them up in an effort to lure literally hundreds of millions of dollars of investments from auto dealers. Maybe I would have felt differently if Tesla made a product that could stand on its on in an actual free market? Still, I suspect my respect for those who have invested so much into our communities and who employ so many in a system that works so well for the consumers would still win the day.”
· Congressman Paul A. Gosar after introducing H.R. 751, the Bringing Terrorists to Justice Act, which amends the State Department’s Rewards for Justice Program to require the Secretary of State to offer up to $5,000,000 in cash to individuals who provide information leading to the arrest or conviction of any person involved with the kidnapping and murder of American citizens: “In his famed 1964 ‘A Time for Choosing’ speech, Ronald Reagan boldly spoke of the duty we have to confront the very real evil that exists in the world declaring, ‘You and I have the courage to say to our enemies…” See full statement http://gosar.house.gov/press-releases. The 21 bipartisan cosponsors of H.R. 751 include Representatives Paul Cook, Ron DeSantis, Brad Sherman, Martha McSally, Trent Franks, Ann Kuster, Louie Gohmert, Ryan Zinke, Matt Salmon, Randy Weber, Steven Palazzo, Jeff Duncan (SC), Mo Brooks, Brian Babin, Blake Farenthold, Chris Stewart, Rod Blum, Curt Clawson, David McKinley, Scott Rigell and Ann Kirkpatrick.
· McCain: Obama Won't Listen To Carter "I'm confident that he has no influence whatsoever," Senate Armed Services Committee Chairman John McCain, R-Ariz., told reporters Wednesday during a break in Carter's confirmation hearing.”
· Morning Scoop with the Capitol Times is hosting a panel discussion On “The Future Of Water In Arizona” at 7 am., Tues., Feb 17 at Alexi’s Grill, 3550 N Central Ave., #120, Phx. Registration 6:45 am. Panelists: Tom Buschatzke, Director, AZ Department of Water Resources; Joe Gysel, President, EPCOR Water (USA) Inc.; David Modeer, General Manager, Central Arizona Project; David Roberts, Senior Director Water Resource Management, SRP; Sarah Porter, Director, Kyl Center for Water Policy and Moderator: Jim Small, Arizona News Service Editor. Reservations required. Complimentary continental breakfast provided. Seating limited to 100. Sponsored by: SRP, CAP EPCOR and Curtis Goodwin Sullivan Udall & Schwab. Contact Tracy Keller 602- 889-7140 or email@example.com RSVP at http://morningscoopfutureofwater.eventbrite.com.
· Services For Former Yavapai County Republicans Chairman Johnny Johnson will be held at 11 am., Sat., Feb 7 at Prescott Methodist Church, 505 W Gurley St., Prescott. Johnson was very active in the Yavapai Republican Party, was a member of the Yavapai Republican Men's Forum and YRMF Board Member. He served as a Arizona State Committeeman, long time PC and was also a long standing member of the Sons of the Revolution. There will be a private internment at the Prescott National Cemetery.
· The Pentagon’s Weapon Wish Lists Could Disappear: “The military’s billion-dollar wish lists for weapons that did not make it onto the Pentagon’s budget might disappear as lawmakers decide whether they’re worth it. “Actually I’m not really big on unfunded priority lists,” Sen. John McCain, R-Ariz., chairman of the Senate Armed Services Committee, told Defense One Wed. “I think they’re sort of a backdoor way of getting things done.” http://goo.gl/wkFoJ0
· Congressman Matt Salmon today introduced the Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP) Verify Act, which would require authorized users of Electronic Benefits Transfer (SNAP EBT) cards to produce photo identification when using their cards. Upon introduction, he said, “Every year, fraud and abuse of SNAP EBT cards costs the U.S. Government over $850 million dollars. Investigating and preventing the illegal selling of SNAP cards and other violations of the SNAP program accounts for more than half of the resources the USDA Inspector General expends. This has to change. This act seeks to protect those who truly need SNAP assistance, and ensures those who would defraud recipients and the U.S. taxpayer are unable. Only by protecting the integrity of this program from those seeking to game the system can we ensure it remains viable for the citizens who need it most.” Full SNAP Verify Act SNAP Verify Act
· Congressman Trent Franks and Senator John McCain today introduced the Foreign Earnings Reinvestment Act in both the U.S. Senate and House of Representatives. The legislation would temporarily allow companies to return profits earned overseas to the U.S. at a reduced tax rate and generate the flow of an estimated $1.9 trillion dollars back into the American economy.
Specifically, the bill would temporarily reduce the current 35 percent corporate rate to an 8.75 percent effective rate on foreign earnings brought back to the United States. McCain/Franks Introduce Foreign Earnings Reinvestment Act In Senate & House
· An Update On Public Access And The Bureau Of Land Management’s Travel Management Rules in the Box Canyon area of the Hassayampa River is on the 8 a.m, Fri., Feb 6 meeting of the Arizona Game and Fish Commission scheduled in the Wickenburg City Council Chamber, 155 N. Tegner St. in Wickenburg. Full agenda, www.azgfd.gov/commission and click on the “commission notice/agenda” link.
· Sen John McCain Will Lead A Bipartisan Congressional Delegation to the annual Munich Security Conference this weekend, Feb 6-8, in Munich, Germany. Live-stream video of panels and speeches available here.
· The Fountain Hills AZ Tea Party meets the (3rd Tues) Feb 17, at 6:30 pm., in the Fountain Hills Unified School District Learning Center, 16000 E Palisades Blvd. (Palisades Blvd. & Golden Eagle Blvd.). Speakers: Tom Jenney, the Executive Director of Americans for Prosperity - Arizona and Maricopa County Sheriff Joe Arpaio. Jenney will discuss pending and upcoming legislative issues and Sheriff Joe will offer his comments on the state of the rule of law in Arizona. Guests invited. Admission is free but donations to help offset expenses are welcome and appreciated. Contact: Richard Rutkowski firstname.lastname@example.org or www.fhteaparty.org
· Pinal County Sheriff Paul Babeu discussed active shooter preparedness with Pinal County School Administrators at the most recent Pinal County School Superintendent’s Meeting in January. Babeu provided school officials with a training video developed from a full-scale exercise held in Sept. 2013 in San Tan Valley, AZ.
· Sens John McCain and Jack Reed Chairman and Ranking Member of the Senate Armed Services Committee, and a bipartisan group of Senate Armed Services Committee members held a press conference today to urge the Obama Administration to provide defensive lethal assistance to Ukraine and call attention to the worsening situation on the ground. livestream: ukraine
· The Russell Pearce Radio Talk Show is on KKNT 960 The Patriot at 6 pm every Saturday. Charles Heller, Arizona Citizens Defense League (AzCDL), will be the Feb 7 guest instead of previously announced Pinal County Attorney Lando Voyles. Call in 602-508-0960. www.ThePatriot.com http://www.russellpearce.com/
· The Paradise Republican Women and the UMOM Women’s Auxiliary will meet for their annual Birdsong luncheon Sat., Feb 28 at the Scottsdale Plaza Resort, 7200 N Scottsdale Road, Scottsdale . $50 per person. Contact: Anthea Dyer, PRWC, Caring for America Chair 480-657-7440 www.prwc.org
· Call The White House 202-456-1111 Comments. Switchboard: 202-456-1414. Contact Senate https://www.senate.gov/ or Representatives http://www.house.gov/ Let them know how you feel. Hold their feet to the fire. They wanted these positions so badly, hold them accountable. Arizona delegation phone numbers:
CALENDAR OF EVENTS
FRIDAY, FEBRUARY 6
· The Newly Formed San Tan Valley Republican Women’s Club will meet at 4:30 pm, Fri., Feb 6 at the Terrace at Johnson Ranch, 30761 W Golf Club Drive, San Tan, AZ 85143. Light appetizers - $6.50. Membership $20, (includes local $6, NFRW $10 and AzFRW $4.) Contact: Teri Grier email@example.com 520-483-3562.
SATURDAY, FEBRUARY 7
· The Sun City West Republican Club will meet at 8:30 am., Sat., Feb 7 at the SCW Foundations building (Quail Room), 14465 R H Johnson Blvd., Sun City West, Arizona. 8 am, coffee and donuts. Admission $2. Speaker: Loren Spivack "The Free Market Warrior" back by popular demand. Spivack also authored "The New Democrat" a parody, based on a famous children's book, and "The Gorax". Both books will be available at the meeting. Contact: John Neal firstname.lastname@example.org
· The Tempe Republican Women/Arizona Federation Of Republican Women Region 6 Social is scheduled from 11 am-1 am, Feb 7 at Mi Amigos Restaurant, 1264 S Gilbert Road, Mesa. $15 per person. RSVP email@example.com
A Support Rally For All Law Enforcement Officers is scheduled from 10 am –noon, Sat., Feb 7 in front of the Department of Public Safety- DPS (Capital), 14 N. 18th Ave, Phx, Az (18th Ave & Adams /Washington). Contact: Barbara Heller at Barb Heller firstname.lastname@example.org
· The Association Of The U.S. Navy Phoenix Saguaro Chapter is hosting an informal dinner for the Chief of the Navy Reserve Vice Admiral Robin Braun at 6 pm., Sun., Feb 8 at Haymaker Restaurant Company 1800 N. Litchfield Road, Goodyear. Dress for civilians is business casual, for military members Navy service dress blues or military service equivalent. 50 seats available. $25 per person, including dinner. AUSN members $20. Social 6:30 pm; dinner 7:30 pm, Remarks 8:15 pm. Doors open for Meet and Greet, social time 6:30 - 6:45 pm: Buffet-style dinner commences 7:30 pm – 8:00 pm: Admiral's Remarks and Questions 8:15 pm. RSVP to Carol Culbertson, CAPT, USN (Ret.), Chapter President Tel: 602.943.7834 or Email: email@example.com
MONDAY, FEBRUARY 9
· The Highway 69 Republicans will meet at 6 pm., Mon., Feb 9 at The Puerta Vallarta Restaurant (rear dining room, park in rear), 11901 E. Hwy 69, Dewey AZ, 86327. 5 pm social hour. This meeting will be done by SKYPE on a big screen with Michael Farris so can see the audience and will be able do Q&A at the end. Farris has been a leader on Capital Hill for over 30 years and is widely recognized for his leadership in the defense of homeschooling, religious freedom, and the preservation of American Sovereignty. Order from menu.. Limited seating. RSVP for seating. To June at 928-632-4661 http://www.highway69republicans.com
· The Yavapai Republican Men's Forum will meet at 11:30 am., Feb 9 at St. Michael's Hotel Ballroom, 205 W. Gurley St., Prescott. Speakers: Mark Meckler, President of Citizens for Self-Governance and Yavapai County Assessor Pam Pearsall on Prop 117. Cost: $18 each. Reservation deadline noon, Thurs., Feb 5. RSVP: Bob Luzius at (928) 717-2551 or firstname.lastname@example.org
· Embry Riddle RU College Republicans will meet at 7 pm., Mon., Feb 9 at the ERU-King Engineering Bldg. to hear American’s for Prosperity AZ Director Tom Jenny. Contact: Joey Cilano email@example.com
· A Coffee With Rep Kate Brophy McGee is scheduled from 8-9 am, Mon., Feb 9 at the Pheonix Police Sergeats & Lieutenants Association Office, 8821 N. 7th St., #210, Phoenix. Open to the public.
TUESDAY, FEBRUARY 10
· LD26 Is Conducting A “Build A Bill” Session with Senate President Andy Biggs’ on how to influence legislation in Arizona at 7:30 pm, Tues., Feb 10 in the City Of Mesa Utilities Community Room, 640 N Mesa Dr, Mesa, Arizona 85201. Bring note pads and pens. No admission fee. Donations appreciated. Contact: Matthew Papke firstname.lastname@example.org 480 - 242 - 2208.
LD29 will meet at 7 pm, Feb. 10 at Kings & Associates Realty, LLC, 6006 N 83rd Ave, Suite 201, Glendale, AZ 85303. Contact: Chairman Alan Gaugert 623-330-3622 or email@example.com
· Nick Dranias Invited You to Compact for America's “States Take Charge: Saving the Nation with the Compact for a Balanced Budget” at 3:30 pm, Tues., Feb 10 Ballroom East, Mountainview Country Club, 38759 South Mountain View Boulevard, Tucson, AZ 85739.
· The Sahuarita Tea Party Patriots will meet at 6:30 pm, Feb 10 at the Triple Play Restaurant, 1570 W. Duval Mine Road to hear Trevor Laky, Southwest Regional Coordinator Heritage Action for America. Laky is the former UofA College Republicans president and interned for Congressman Matt Salmon. Sonoita/Elgin Tea Party Website
· The Mingus Mountain Republican Club meets at 11:15 am., Tues., Feb 10 at the VFW Post #7400, 705 E. Aspen St., Cottonwood, AZ. $11 per person. Speaker Paul Lenze on "The ISIS Factor and The Terrorist." RSVP: Niles Haton (928) 649-1643 or Mingus_Mountain@hotmail.com
· The Verde Valley Republican Women's Luncheon is scheduled at 11 am., Feb 10 to hear AZGOP Chairman Robert Graham poolside at the Sedona rouge Hotel and Spa, 2250 Hwy 89A, Sedona, AZ Poolside. $17 each. RSVP: Erna Sesek (928) 284-4248 or Sesek@q.com
· The Sahuarita Tea Party Patriots meet Feb 10.
WEDNESDAY, FEBRUARY 11
Those Attending The Arrowhead Republican Women’s Feb 11 luncheon are asked to bring Children’s Patriotic books for their Caring For America project, small items for the mystery boxes and bottles of win for the fundraiser. Speaker is Rae Chornenky, immediate past president of the National Federation of Republican Women. RSVP: arrowheadrwluncheons Expect an e-mail confirmation that your reservation has been received, typically within 24 hrs. If you do not receive one, try again or contact Lezlee at 602-885-2939. Reservations deadline: 5 pm., Fri, Feb 6. Cancellations must be received by then also or you may be billed for the meal. Republican guests are welcome as always, a maximum of two times before membership will be required. Spouses are welcome and may join as Associate members if desired.
· The Center for Arizona Policy (CAP) Day at the Capitol runs from 9 am-2:30 pm, Wed., Feb 11 at Wesley Bolin Plaza, 1700 W Washington St., Phx. Visit with Gov Doug Ducey, capitol tour, visit Senate and House sessions, lunch with legislators. Adult tickets: $10 | 17 and under: $5 purchase tickets. Download flier. http://www.azpolicy.org/
· Laurie Roberts: Bill-Open-Meetings-Law-Arizona Legislator Wants To Legalize Government Secrecy
· Vote Here Rate Obama On His Job Performance.
· Few Surprises, Concerns At Carter Confirmation Hearing McCain Said Vote Could Take Place Before The End Of Next Week.”
· Kyrsten-Sinema-Creates-Fundraising-PAC Challenge Sen. John McCain?
· Krauthammer: ‘Lethargy,’ ‘Disinterest’ Obama Shows Toward Jordan/ISIS Conflict Is ‘Simply Astonishing’
· AZ Border Defenders Updated Daily
· Need2No Border News Watch
WAR ON WOMEN
LAW AND ORDER
BILL AND HILLARY
SECRETARY OF STATE