- ► April (21)
- ► March (27)
- ► February (28)
- ► January (31)
- ► December (29)
- ► November (30)
- ► October (31)
- ► September (32)
- ► August (31)
- ► July (31)
- ► June (30)
- ► May (30)
- ► April (30)
- ► March (31)
- ► February (28)
- ► January (31)
- ► December (30)
- ► November (29)
- ► October (31)
- ► September (29)
- ► August (32)
- ► July (25)
- ► June (21)
- ► May (31)
- ► April (30)
- ► March (30)
- ▼ February (29)
- ► January (31)
- ► December (28)
- ► November (30)
- ► October (32)
- ► September (29)
- ► August (32)
- ► July (31)
- ► June (27)
- ► May (31)
- ► April (36)
- ► March (42)
- ► February (35)
- ► January (34)
- ► December (39)
- ► November (35)
- ► October (42)
- ► September (37)
- ► August (35)
- ► July (37)
- ► June (37)
- ► May (21)
- ► April (33)
- ► March (39)
- ► February (36)
- ► January (38)
- ► December (39)
- ► November (32)
- ► October (37)
- ► September (39)
- ► August (42)
Briefs Editor Frosty Taylor firstname.lastname@example.org
Web Master John Strasser
Friday, February 6, 2015
· The First Voter Registration Numbers Of 2015 have been compiled and released by Arizona Secretary Of State Michele Reagan. Voter registration numbers have been compiled from all 15 county recorder’s offices and placed on the Secretary Of State’s website. www.azsos.gov “During the campaign, I stressed the importance of registration and I am pleased to see the total number voters increase,” said Reagan. “Regardless of the growth, we must continue our work to improve civic involvement. As Secretary, I will continue to encourage increased registration and improved voter turnout.” The total number of registered voters in Arizona rose by 11,000 to 3.24 million since the last report in November of 2014. Independents continue to be the largest bloc in the state with nearly 1.16 million voters, followed by Republicans at 1.11 million, Democrats with more than 933,000 and 26,000 Libertarians.
· Services For Former Yavapai County Republicans Chairman Johnny Johnson will be held at 11 am., Sat., Feb 7 at Prescott Methodist Church, 505 W Gurley St., Prescott. Johnson was very active in the Yavapai Republican Party, was a member of the Yavapai Republican Men's Forum and YRMF Board Member. He served as a Arizona State Committeeman, long time PC and was also a long standing member of the Sons of the Revolution. There will be a private internment at the Prescott National Cemetery.
· Gov Doug Ducey's: "As a parent, it's unfathomable to imagine the pain and heartache Kayla Mueller's parents have lived with and the uncertainty they must feel today. Kayla has devoted her life to serving others. At just 26, she has literally been around the world, with the simple but righteous goal of making it a better place. As long as there are humanitarians like Kayla in this world, evil will not prevail. My thoughts and prayers, like all Arizonans and Americans, continue to be with Kayla and her family."
· Maricopa County Republicans Chairman Tyler Bowyer appointed Shiree Verdone as the Finance Chairman for the county party at last night’s Executive Guidance Committee meeting.
· Naughty, Naughty: Gov. Doug Ducey did not do himself any favors when he excluded newly elected Superintendent of Public Instruction Diane Douglas - but included former Arizona Superintendent of Public Instruction Lisa Graham Keegan - to discuss and answer questions on his tele-town hall last night. Lots of chatter this morning. The exclusion didn’t set well with the electorate that put both Ducey and Douglas in office. They are less than two months into the newly elected official terms and the Gov’s office snubs one of his own party?? Come on guys, Douglas was duly elected, give her a chance to do her job.
· Jose Barrajero's AZRRT Call to Action Barrajero’s updates on current legislation that needs attention.
· The Arizona Chapter Of Americans For Prosperity Foundation (AFPF-Arizona) is launching a long-term program - the Liberty and Prosperity Initiative -- to bring promising college and high school students into the free-market movement, educate them on the basic principles of a free society, and train them to engage in grassroots activism. For its inaugural event, the Liberty and Prosperity Initiative will bring 100 college and high school students to Phoenix for a weekend training seminar March 27-29, 2015. Thanks to the generosity of AFPF donors, the entire weekend seminar (including lodging, meals, and a gas allowance for students residing outside of Maricopa County) will be free of charge for participants who complete their application forms and pass background checks. The Saturday seminar features speakers from the Foundation for Economic Education (FEE), talking about the philosophy and history of freedom, and the basics of free-market economics. The Sunday seminar features trainers from AFP Foundation's Grassroots Leadership Academy (GLA). In the GLA program, students will learn state-of-the-art grassroots organizing techniques and technologies, and learn about why community organizing is so crucial to promoting free-market policies. We will also explain to the students how they can enroll in GLA's multi-week on-the-ground training and certification program. Interested students should contact Ms Tyler DiGrazia at email@example.com before Feb 20 to obtain an application form. Space is limited. LEARN MORE. Contact AZ ARP Director Tom Jenney firstname.lastname@example.org
· The Coconino County Republican Committee Lincoln Day Dinner has been changed to Feb 17 at 6 pm., at the Double Tree Hotel by Hilton, 1175 W Rt 66, Flagstaff with speakers Gov Doug Ducey, Treasurer Jeff DeWit and Congressman Paul Gosar. Program remarks by Mayor Jerry Nabours and Councilman Jeff Orvits. Doors open to dinner attendees at 5:45 pm. Tickets $50 per person, at the door $60 each. Tables of 10 - $450. VIP reception at 5:30 pm, VIP tickets $100 each, includes table seating with one of the speakers. First come, first served. Platinum table sponsorships: $750 for table of 10, seating up front with dinner, VIP reception and photo ops. Limited seating. No host bar. Sent checks payable to CCRC and mail to CCRC Treasurer Dan Edel 3120 W Tami Lane, Flagstaff, AZ 86001. Personal checks only. Checks must be postmarked no later than Feb 11.Contact CCRC Chairman Joan Harris, 928-226-0502 email@example.com
· The Russell Pearce Radio Talk Show is on KKNT 960 The Patriot at 6 pm every Saturday. Charles Heller, Arizona Citizen's Defense League (AzCDL), will be the Feb 7 guest instead of previously announced Pinal County Attorney Lando Voyles. Call in 602-508-0960. www.ThePatriot.com http://www.russellpearce.com/
· The Tempe Republican Women's February will meet at 6:30 pm., Feb 23 with Republican Party of Maricopa County Chairman Tyler Bowyer in Pyle Rec Center, 655 E Southern, Tempe. No admission.
· SRP Solar Rate Increase Session: 9:30 am, Feb. 9, SRP headquarters, 1521 N. Project Drive, Tempe.
· Congressman Matt Salmon reports that the House has sent numerous bills to the Senate to get our country back on track. “ We've repealed Obamacare, authorized the construction and operation of the KeystoneXL pipeline, combatted human trafficking, ensured government funds aren't spent on abortions, and addressed unfunded mandates and regulations promulgated by the Executive without Congressional oversight, he said.
· Tempe Republican Women’s Door to Door Canvass is scheduled at 10:30 am., Feb. 21 starting at the Dunkin Donuts on Warner/McClintock where participants can pick up volunteer t-shirts, maps, and walking lists.
· Congressman Matt Salmon has been appointed Chairman of the House Foreign Affairs Committee's Subcommittee on Asia and the Pacific. He has already met with the State Department's Assistant Secretary in the Bureau of East Asian and Pacific Affairs, Daniel Russel, to discuss an overview of the challenges and opportunities that exist throughout Asia and Australia.
· The Paradise Republican Women and the UMOM Women’s Auxiliary will meet for their annual Birdsong luncheon Sat., Feb 28 at the Scottsdale Plaza Resort, 7200 N Scottsdale Road, Scottsdale . $50 per person. Contact: Anthea Dyer, PRWC, Caring for America Chair 480-657-7440 www.prwc.org
· City Councilman Bill Gates is encouraging residents, business owners, non-profits and would-be entrepreneurs to check out Phoenix’s new, enhanced IMAP mapping web application, which now shows a large collection of city-owned properties. Visit district3
· The City Of Tempe Budget Public Forum is scheduled at 6 pm., Wed., Feb 25 in the Community Rm at the Tempe History Museum, 809 E Southern Ave. Topic: City’s operating and Capital Improvement Program (CIP) budgets.
· The Arizona Republican Assembly (AzRA) will meet at 12:30 pm., Sat., Feb 14
in the Devonshire Center, 2802 E Devonshire St., Phx. 85016 Devonshire is one block N of Indian School Rd, one mile E of SR51. The group’s goal is to replace RINO's in key positions with Republicans who support the Republican Platform and the US Constitution. With over 150 members, they hope to reach 200 members by the February meeting. Contact: AzRA President Thayer Verschoor 602-703-0266.
· The Fountain Hills Republican Club has announced that Sheriff Joe Arpaio will be the keynote speaker at its February 28th meeting and that AZ Attorney General Mark Brnovich will be the keynote speaker at the March 21st Annual Breakfast. Both events are at the Fountain Hills Community Center, 13301 North LaMontana Drive. The February meeting is free. The March 21 Breakfast is $12 for members paying in advance and $15 for non-members or members paying at the door. Reservations may be made by calling/mailing a check to Treasurer, Fountain Hills Republican Club, P.O. Box 17814, Fountain Hills, AZ 85269-7814, e-mailing Replady2015@outlook.com or call 480 837-7878 and pay at the door. If you call, leave a message if no one answers.
· The Tempe Republican Meet Up is scheduled at 6:30 pm., Feb 19 at the Boulders on Broadway, 530 West Broadway Road, Tempe, AZ 85282. First ever social meetup for Republicans in Tempe! No admission. No speakers. Just good food, good fun, and good friends. Invite your family and neighbors. Please note the date change to Thursday, the 19th, because of Valentine’s Day.
· The Pima County Republican Party’s Annual Lincoln Day Dinner is scheduled at 6 pm., Sat., Feb 28 at the Doubletree Hotel Reid Park featuring new Arizona Congresswoman Martha McSally. Precinct Committee will be recognized for their work this past year. 5 pm – cash bar. $35 per person/$60 per couple. Table of 10 - $300. RSVP before Feb. 21 with debt/credit card payment to Pima County Republican Headquarters at 520-321-1492. Sponsorship information call Karen Schuttee 520-877-3230. Silent Auction donations call Mary Preble 520-409-9269.
· Call The White House 202-456-1111 Comments. Switchboard: 202-456-1414. Contact Senate https://www.senate.gov/ or Representatives http://www.house.gov/ Let them know how you feel. Hold their feet to the fire. They wanted these positions so badly, hold them accountable. Arizona delegation phone numbers:
· LD1 meets 2nd Mondays, 7-8:30pm at North Gate Church, 34835 N. 7th St., Phx. 85086 (7th St./Carefree Hwy.) Chr Cathy Schwanke http://ld1.arizonagop.us
· LD 4 meets the last Wednesday of the month, at 7pm at the Estrella Foothills H. S. Next meeting - Feb 25. Chr Richard Newcomer firstname.lastname@example.org
LD17 meets last Tuesday of the month at 7 pm, Tricity Baptist Church in Chandler. Next meeting - Feb 24. Speakers: Supt of Ed Diane Douglas and Senator Kelli Ward. Chr Shadow Asgari email@example.com
· March 2, April 6, May 18, June 1, July 6, August 3, September 14, October 5, November 16, December 7. At the Washington Elementary School District Office, 4650 W Sweetwater, Phx. Chr Ray Malnar firstname.lastname@example.org.
· LD21 – 3rd Thurs at 7 pm at 10050 W. Bell Rd. Suite 50. Chr Kevin Payne LD21Chairman@gmail.com
· LD 24 - 3rd Thursday . 6:30 sign-in ~ 7:00 pm mtg. Feb 19. Agenda: Setting a vision/mission for LD24. Speaker: RPMC Chairman Tyler Bowyer. AZ GOP Headquarters, 3501 N 24th St., Phoenix, Az . Chr Ken Bennett . Contact: Carole Joyce email@example.com
· LD29 - 7 pm, Feb. 10 at Kings & Associates Realty, LLC, 6006 N 83rd Ave, Suite 201, Glendale, AZ 85303. Chr Alan Gaugert firstname.lastname@example.org 623-877-3674
· Former Graham County Sheriff Mack Needs Help. Mack suffered a heart attack recently and is recovery from surgery – however, complications have slowed that recovery and added financial strain on the family. See help sheriff mack To donate directly to a bank account at Wells Fargo, Account Richard Mack, Routing Number: 122105278, Account Number: 2816818385. Be sure to get a receipt. If you wish to verify that the family received the donation, send a note to email@example.com .
· Maricopa County Republican (MCR) Officers For 2015-16:
ü Chairman – Tyler Bowyer
Executive Director – April Riggins
ü First Vice-Chairman – Jeni White
ü Second Vice-Chairman – Aaron Borders
ü Secretary – Matt Eberle
ü Treasurer – David Ludwig
· AZGOP officers for 2015-2016:
ü Chairman Robert Graham
ü 1 Vice Chair Parralee Schneider
ü 2 VC Gabby Saucedo-Mercer
ü Secretary Linda White
ü Treasurer Jonathon Line
CALENDAR OF EVENTS
SATURDAY, FEBRUARY 7
· The Sun City West Republican Club will meet at 8:30 am., Sat., Feb 7 at the SCW Foundations building (Quail Room), 14465 R H Johnson Blvd., Sun City West, Arizona. 8 am, coffee and donuts. Admission $2. Speaker: Loren Spivack "The Free Market Warrior" back by popular demand. Spivack also authored "The New Democrat" a parody, based on a famous children's book, and "The Gorax". Both books will be available at the meeting. Contact: John Neal firstname.lastname@example.org
· The Tempe Republican Women/Arizona Federation Of Republican Women Region 6 Social is scheduled from 11 am-1 am, Feb 7 at Mi Amigos Restaurant, 1264 S Gilbert Road, Mesa. $15 per person. RSVP email@example.com
A Support Rally For All Law Enforcement Officers is scheduled from 10 am –noon, Sat., Feb 7 in front of the Department of Public Safety- DPS (Capital), 14 N. 18th Ave, Phx, Az (18th Ave & Adams /Washington). Contact: Barbara Heller at Barb Heller firstname.lastname@example.org
· The Association Of The U.S. Navy Phoenix Saguaro Chapter is hosting an informal dinner for the Chief of the Navy Reserve Vice Admiral Robin Braun at 6 pm., Sun., Feb 8 at Haymaker Restaurant Company 1800 N. Litchfield Road, Goodyear. Dress for civilians is business casual, for military members Navy service dress blues or military service equivalent. 50 seats available. $25 per person, including dinner. AUSN members $20. Social 6:30 pm; dinner 7:30 pm, Remarks 8:15 pm. Doors open for Meet and Greet, social time 6:30 - 6:45 pm: Buffet-style dinner commences 7:30 pm – 8:00 pm: Admiral's Remarks and Questions 8:15 pm. RSVP to Carol Culbertson, CAPT, USN (Ret.), Chapter President Tel: 602.943.7834 or Email: email@example.com
MONDAY, FEBRUARY 9
· The Highway 69 Republicans will meet at 6 pm., Mon., Feb 9 at The Puerta Vallarta Restaurant (rear dining room, park in rear), 11901 E. Hwy 69, Dewey AZ, 86327. 5 pm social hour. This meeting will be done by SKYPE on a big screen with Michael Farris so can see the audience and will be able do Q&A at the end. Farris has been a leader on Capital Hill for over 30 years and is widely recognized for his leadership in the defense of homeschooling, religious freedom, and the preservation of American Sovereignty. Order from menu.. Limited seating. RSVP for seating. To June 928-632-4661 http://www.highway69republicans.com
· The Yavapai Republican Men's Forum will meet at 11:30 am., Feb 9 at St. Michael's Hotel Ballroom, 205 W. Gurley St., Prescott. Speakers: Mark Meckler, President of Citizens for Self-Governance and Yavapai County Assessor Pam Pearsall on Prop 117. Cost: $18 each. Reservation deadline noon, Thurs., Feb 5. RSVP: Bob Luzius at (928) 717-2551 or firstname.lastname@example.org
· Embry Riddle RU College Republicans will meet at 7 pm., Mon., Feb 9 at the ERU-King Engineering Bldg. to hear American’s for Prosperity AZ Director Tom Jenny. Contact: Joey Cilano email@example.com
· A Coffee With Rep Kate Brophy McGee is scheduled from 8-9 am, Mon., Feb 9 at the Pheonix Police Sergeats & Lieutenants Association Office, 8821 N. 7th St., #210, Phoenix. Open to the public.
· The Arizona Project will meet at 6:30 pm., Mon., Feb 9 to hear Rep Paul Boyer address uninvestigated Arizona Child Porn. child-porn-uninvestigated. The group meets at 3375 E Shea Blvd., Phx. Attendees are asked to drop off yard sale items between 9am-5 m, M-F. Chr Ron Ludders 602.677.1496
TUESDAY, FEBRUARY 10
· LD26 Is Conducting A “Build A Bill” Session with Senate President Andy Biggs’ on how to influence legislation in Arizona at 7:30 pm, Tues., Feb 10 in the City Of Mesa Utilities Community Room, 640 N Mesa Dr, Mesa, Arizona 85201. Bring note pads and pens. No admission fee. Donations appreciated. Contact: Matthew Papke firstname.lastname@example.org 480 - 242 - 2208.
LD29 will meet at 7 pm, Feb. 10 at Kings & Associates Realty, LLC, 6006 N 83rd Ave, Suite 201, Glendale, AZ 85303. Contact: Chairman Alan Gaugert 623-330-3622 or email@example.com
· Nick Dranias Invited You to Compact for America's “States Take Charge: Saving the Nation with the Compact for a Balanced Budget” at 3:30 pm, Tues., Feb 10 Ballroom East, Mountainview Country Club, 38759 South Mountain View Boulevard, Tucson, AZ 85739.
· The Sahuarita Tea Party Patriots will meet at 6:30 pm, Feb 10 at the Triple Play Restaurant, 1570 W. Duval Mine Road to hear Trevor Laky, Southwest Regional Coordinator Heritage Action for America. Laky is the former UofA College Republicans president and interned for Congressman Matt Salmon. Sonoita/Elgin Tea Party Website
· The Mingus Mountain Republican Club meets at 11:15 am., Tues., Feb 10 at the VFW Post #7400, 705 E. Aspen St., Cottonwood, AZ. $11 per person. Speaker Paul Lenze on "The ISIS Factor and The Terrorist." RSVP: Niles Haton (928) 649-1643 or Mingus_Mountain@hotmail.com
· The Verde Valley Republican Women's Luncheon is scheduled at 11 am., Feb 10 to hear AZGOP Chairman Robert Graham poolside at the Sedona rouge Hotel and Spa, 2250 Hwy 89A, Sedona, AZ Poolside. $17 each. RSVP: Erna Sesek (928) 284-4248 or Sesek@q.com
· The Sahuarita Tea Party Patriots meet Feb 10.
WEDNESDAY, FEBRUARY 11
Those Attending The Arrowhead Republican Women’s Feb 11 luncheon are asked to bring Children’s Patriotic books for their Caring For America project, small items for the mystery boxes and bottles of win for the fundraiser. Speaker is Rae Chornenky, immediate past president of the National Federation of Republican Women. RSVP: arrowheadrwluncheons Expect an e-mail confirmation that your reservation has been received, typically within 24 hrs. If you do not receive one, try again or contact Lezlee at 602-885-2939. Reservations deadline: 5 pm., Fri, Feb 6. Cancellations must be received by then also or you may be billed for the meal. Republican guests are welcome as always, a maximum of two times before membership will be required. Spouses are welcome and may join as Associate members if desired.
· The Center for Arizona Policy (CAP) Day at the Capitol runs from 9 am-2:30 pm, Wed.,Feb 11 at Wesley Bolin Plaza, 1700 W Washington St., Phx. Visit with Gov Doug Ducey, capitol tour, visit Senate and House sessions, lunch with legislators. Adult tickets: $10 | 17 and under: $5 purchase tickets. Download flier. http://www.azpolicy.org/
· Salmon: A New Start For Health Care In America
· McCain On Humanitarian Aid To Examine Allegations Of Misconduct And Whistleblower Retaliation At Phoenix VA
· McCain On Army’s Announcement On Awarding Service Members And Civilians Killed Or Wounded In 2009 Terrorist Attack At Fort Hood, TX
· Pearl-Harbor/USS-Arizona-Survivor-Langdell Passes Away At Age 100 Oldest Survivor
· Find God In The Eyes Of Kayla Prescott Woman Held In Syria Laurie Roberts
· ISIS Would Destroy The World; Kayla Would Save It E J Montini
· E J Montini AZ Lawmakers Hoping To Put A Pistol In Every Pocket
· Laurie Roberts: SRP-Rate-Hike-Tuition-Reimbursement-For-Executives Who Is Paying Tuition For Kids Of SRP Execs?
· Laurie Roberts: Bill-Open-Meetings-Law-Arizona Legislator Wants To Legalize Government Secrecy
· AZGOP financial reports filed/ AZ Sec of State azsos.gov/cfs/FilerDetail
· FEC Filing Updated/Current AZGOP Financials Info CandidateCommitteeDetail.do?canId
· End-In-Sight-To-Obamas-Immigration-Tyranny Larry Klayman Updates Readers On 2 Cases Meant To Stop Amnesty Cold
· Sheriffs-Rip-Obamas-Strong-Armed-Tactics-On-Amnesty David Clarke: Homeland Security Chief Guilty Of 'Alarmist Rhetoric'
· AZ Border Defenders Updated Daily
· Need2No Border News Watch
FIRST AMENDMENT – FREEDOM OF SPEECH
BILL AND HILLARY