- ► June (28)
- ► May (31)
- ► April (24)
- ► March (27)
- ► February (28)
- ► January (31)
- ► December (29)
- ► November (30)
- ► October (31)
- ► September (32)
- ► August (31)
- ► July (31)
- ► June (30)
- ► May (30)
- ► April (30)
- ► March (31)
- ► February (28)
- ► January (31)
- ► December (30)
- ► November (29)
- ► October (31)
- ► September (29)
- ► August (32)
- ► July (25)
- ► June (21)
- ► May (31)
- ► April (30)
- ► March (30)
- ▼ February (29)
- ► January (31)
- ► December (28)
- ► November (30)
- ► October (32)
- ► September (29)
- ► August (32)
- ► July (31)
- ► June (27)
- ► May (31)
- ► April (36)
- ► March (42)
- ► February (35)
- ► January (34)
- ► December (39)
- ► November (35)
- ► October (42)
- ► September (37)
- ► August (35)
- ► July (37)
- ► June (37)
- ► May (21)
- ► April (33)
- ► March (39)
- ► February (36)
- ► January (38)
- ► December (39)
- ► November (32)
- ► October (37)
- ► September (39)
- ► August (42)
Briefs Editor Frosty Taylor email@example.com
Web Master John Strasser
Saturday, February 7, 2015
· What’s With All The Need For Secrecy? What’s happening to transparency in government?
President Obama bypasses congress with executive orders and has secret meetings with Muslim leaders.
For years Sen John McCain held private town hall meetings with his select groupies –until he was censured by the state party over a year ago. Now that he is getting set to run for a sixth term, multiple press releases roll out of his office.
Newly elected Gov. Doug Ducey has removed the visitor’s log.
Arizona legislators want to caucus behind closed doors.
Now an amendment has been proposed that basically guts the Arizona Open Meetings Law that required public bodies such as school board, city councils, commissions, and the legislator to operate in the open. bills/sb1435 : 5. "Meeting" means the gathering, in person or through technological devices, of a quorum of members of a public body at which
they discuss, propose or take legal action, including any deliberations by a quorum with respect to such action is taken. Their reasoning – they want to talk in private about things that Arizona law requires be open to the public. Currently, they can discuss personnel and get legal advice in executive sessions (behind closed doors) but they must vote on issues in open public meetings.
Senate Bill 1435 would allow the legislature, school boards, city councils and all other public bodies to meet behind closed doors as to what they are about to heap upon the rest of us. They would, however, have to emerge from their chats long enough to take a public vote on their decisions. See laurie roberts: open-meetings-law-arizona
We elect them to represent us (the public) and they should continue to discuss the public’s business in open settings. Decisions made behind closed doors aren’t always in the best interest of the public. – Editor Frosty Taylor
· Your legislators sponsoring SB1435. Let them know what you think:
LD6 Sen Sylvia Allen, R - Snowflake firstname.lastname@example.org
LD5 Rep Regina Cobb, R-Kingman email@example.com
Ld11 Rep Mark Finchem, R – Tucson firstname.lastname@example.org
LD13 Sen Don Shooter, R – Yuma email@example.com
LD16 Sen David Farnsworth, R – Mesa firstname.lastname@example.org
LD20 Sen Kimberly Yee , R- Phx email@example.com
LD21 Sen Debbie Lesko, R – Peoria firstname.lastname@example.org
LD22 Sen Judy Burges, R – Sun City West email@example.com
LD22 Rep David Livingston, R – Peoria firstname.lastname@example.org
LD25 Sen Bob Worsley, R – Mesa email@example.com
LD25 Rep Rusty Bowers, R – Mesa firstname.lastname@example.org
LD7 Sen Carlyle Begay, D-Ganado email@example.com
LD8 Sen Barbara McGuire, D-Kearney firstname.lastname@example.org
LD4 Sen Lynne Pancrazi, D – Yuma email@example.com
· Although Sen John McCain’s Run For A Sixth Term is unofficially announced, the invitation reads “McCain 2016” for a fundraiser featuring McCain and IA Sen Joni Ernst at 11:30 am, Fri., Feb 20 at The Phoenician, 6000 E Camelback Road, Scottsdale. VIP photo op at 11 am. Host Committee: $10,000. VIP Table Sponsor: $5,000. Table Host: $2,000. VIP Ticket: $500 per person. Lunch Ticket: $200 per person. The re-election campaign fundraiser is hosted by Martha McSally, Angela Ducey, Cheryl Flake, Cindy McCain, co-chairs Deb Gullett and Jackie Norton. This is no neighborhood coffee clatch.
· Precinct Committeemen Attending The Jan 10 Maricopa County Republicans Mandatory meeting contributed $7,360.21 via “pass the hat” donations. Another $1,325 was raised from flyers, and tables/banner spaces. The $8,685.21 covered the cost of the meeting as noted in a thank you from the meeting planners and officers - David Ludwig, Dan Grimm, April Riggins, A. J. LaFaro and Tyler Bowyer
· Pima County Republicans are having an open house between 4-7 pm., Sat., March 7 in their new location, according to Chairman Bill Beard. Light refreshments and snacked will be served at 17 West Wetmore Road #300, Tucson.
· AzCDL Legislative Update: The deadline for bill filing is Mon, Feb 9. Most bills have been filed and are starting to move through the Legislature. The deadline for bills to be heard in committees in their originating chamber (House or Senate) is Feb 20.The following bills have favorably passed out of committee hearings;
ü HB 2396 (Frank Pratt, LD-8), which would remove the restrictions on the type of firearms a wildlife guide may carry, passed out of the House Military and Public Safety (MAPS) Committee on January 29.
ü HB 2399 (passing out of the House MAPS Committee on Jan 29) would add hunter harassment to the list of crimes that can suspend or revoke a hunting license.
ü HB 2527 (Anthony Kern, LD-20), the AzCDL-requested bill that would strengthen state firearms preemption by prohibiting local regulation of firearm transfers, passed out of the House MAPS Committee on Feb 5.
The following bills are scheduled for committee hearings;
ü HB 2320 (Brenda Barton, LD-6), which would exempt CCW permit holders from being disarmed when entering state and local government property unless every person entering is screened for weapons; scheduled for a House MAPS Committee hearing on Thurs, Feb 12.
ü HB 2509 (Kelly Townsend, LD-16) would add to the definition of aggravated assault the taking, or attempted taking, of any legally possessed firearm (other than by law enforcement); scheduled for a House MAPS hearing on Feb 12.
ü SB 1291 (Steve Smith, LD-11) would allow for injunctions, fines and civil suits when political subdivisions (state agencies, counties, cities, etc.) disregard state firearm preemption statues; scheduled for a hearing in the Senate, Federalism, Mandates and Fiscal Responsibility (FMFR) Committee on Tues, Feb 10.
ü SB 1330 (Kelli Ward, LD-5) would make any future federal acts that violate the Second Amendment invalid in Arizona; scheduled for a Feb 10 FMFR Committee hearing.
ü SB 1291 and SB 1330 are scheduled to be heard in the Senate Public Safety, Military and Technology (PSMT) Committee on Wed, Feb 11.
AzCDL’s representatives will be present at the hearing and available to provide any necessary testimony.
ü HB 2431 (Bob Thorpe, LD 6), the AzCDL-requested bill that would establish an interstate compact that restricts member states from enacting firearms transfer requirements greater than existing federal law, has been assigned to the House MAPS Committee and will soon be scheduled for a hearing. This is a critical piece of legislation in our fight to stop gun owner registration from happening in Arizona.
An email to your legislators, asking for their support for HB 2431. See prepared statement Legislative Action Center. Contact Fred at firstname.lastname@example.org or 623-242-9086. AzCDL Bill Tracking page updated daily throughout the session.
· GOP Activist And AZGOP 2nd Vice Chair Gabby Saucedo-Mercer: “Mr. President Barack Obama, as a Christian I am offended by your ignorant comments about the crusades. For your information and those who write your speeches, during the time of the crusades the Christians of that time where defending themselves from your Muslim/Islamist brothers. It would be helpful if you spend a bit of time studying some history. I know the golf course is calling you, but please maybe on one of your sleepless nights turn on your computer and instead of ...”golfing do some "surfing" on the internet. Here's some history for you Sir, it will take you maybe the same amount of time to walk one hole at the golf course to read it. It would do Americans good to know their president loves his country as much as we do. I know your loyalty is with the Muslims as you said it yourself in your book The Audacity of Hope, “I will stand with the Muslims should the political winds shift in an ugly direction.” The quote comes from page 261 of the paperback edition. (but of course you already knew that Mr. President)
· The Pima County Republican Club Luncheon is scheduled at 11:30 am., Tues., Feb 10 at the Sabbar Shrine Temple, 450 S. Tucson Blvd, Tucson. Oshrat Barel, Weintraub Israel Center Director, will address “Israel and the Diaspora: State of affairs between North America and Israel.
· The First Voter Registration Numbers Of 2015 have been compiled and released by Arizona Secretary Of State Michele Reagan. Voter registration numbers have been compiled from all 15 county recorder’s offices and placed on the Secretary Of State’s website. www.azsos.gov “During the campaign, I stressed the importance of registration and I am pleased to see the total number voters increase,” said Reagan. “Regardless of the growth, we must continue our work to improve civic involvement. As Secretary, I will continue to encourage increased registration and improved voter turnout.” The total number of registered voters in Arizona rose by 11,000 to 3.24 million since the last report in November of 2014. Independents continue to be the largest bloc in the state with nearly 1.16 million voters, followed by Republicans at 1.11 million, Democrats with more than 933,000 and 26,000 Libertarians.
· Border Patrol Officer Zack Taylor address “Update On Border Issues” at 6 pm., Thur., Feb 12 at the Pima County Tea Party Patriots meeting in the Oro Valley Public Library. See Let's close the swinging gate
· Jose Barrajero's AZRRT Call to Action Barrajero’s updates on current legislation that needs attention.
· The Arizona Chapter Of Americans For Prosperity Foundation (AFPF-Arizona) is launching a long-term program - the Liberty and Prosperity Initiative -- to bring promising college and high school students into the free-market movement, educate them on the basic principles of a free society, and train them to engage in grassroots activism. Interested students should contact Ms Tyler DiGrazia at email@example.com before Feb 20 to obtain an application form. Space is limited. LEARN MORE. Contact AZ ARP Director Tom Jenney firstname.lastname@example.org
· The Coconino County Republican Committee Lincoln Day Dinner has been changed to Feb 17 at 6 pm., at the Double Tree Hotel by Hilton, 1175 W Rt 66, Flagstaff with speakers Gov Doug Ducey, Treasurer Jeff DeWit and Congressman Paul Gosar. Program remarks by Mayor Jerry Nabours and Councilman Jeff Orvits. Doors open to dinner attendees at 5:45 pm. Tickets $50 per person, at the door $60 each. Tables of 10 - $450. VIP reception at 5:30 pm, VIP tickets $100 each, includes table seating with one of the speakers. First come, first served. Platinum table sponsorships: $750 for table of 10, seating up front with dinner, VIP reception and photo ops. Limited seating. No host bar. Sent checks payable to CCRC and mail to CCRC Treasurer Dan Edel 3120 W Tami Lane, Flagstaff, AZ 86001. Personal checks only. Checks must be postmarked no later than Feb 11.Contact CCRC Chairman Joan Harris, 928-226-0502 email@example.com
· Call The White House 202-456-1111 Comments. Switchboard: 202-456-1414. Contact Senate https://www.senate.gov/ or Representatives http://www.house.gov/ Let them know how you feel. Hold their feet to the fire. They wanted these positions so badly, hold them accountable. Arizona delegation phone numbers:
· LD1 meets 2nd Mondays, 7-8:30pm at North Gate Church, 34835 N. 7th St., Phx. 85086 (7th St./Carefree Hwy.) Chr Cathy Schwanke http://ld1.arizonagop.us
· LD 4 meets the last Wednesday of the month, at 7pm at the Estrella Foothills H. S. Next meeting - Feb 25. Chr Richard Newcomer firstname.lastname@example.org
· LD 13 Meets On The 2nd Tuesday of the month at 7 pm at PebbleCreek Tuscany Falls Clubhouse – Ball Room, 16222 Clubhouse Drive, Goodyear, AZ. 85395. Contact: Chr Dick Landis, landis.LD13@icloud.com.
LD17 meets last Tuesday of the month at 7 pm, Tricity Baptist Church in Chandler. Next meeting - Feb 24. Speakers: Supt of Ed Diane Douglas and Senator Kelli Ward. Chr Shadow Asgari email@example.com
LD 19 Meets The 2nd Monday of the month at 7 pm in the conference room of Total Wine & More, at McDowell and Litchfield Rd., 1416 N Litchfield Rd (Palm Valley Pavilions West Shopping Center), Litchfield Park, AZ. Contact LD 19 Chr, George Ortiz, firstname.lastname@example.org.
· March 2, April 6, May 18, June 1, July 6, August 3, September 14, October 5, November 16, December 7. At the Washington Elementary School District Office, 4650 W Sweetwater, Phx. Chr Ray Malnar email@example.com.
· LD21 – 3rd Thurs at 7 pm at 10050 W. Bell Rd. Suite 50. Chr Kevin Payne LD21Chairman@gmail.com
· LD 24 - 3rd Thursday . 6:30 sign-in ~ 7:00 pm mtg. Feb 19. Agenda: Setting a vision/mission for LD24. Speaker: RPMC Chairman Tyler Bowyer. AZ GOP Headquarters, 3501 N 24th St., Phoenix, Az . Chr Ken Bennett . Contact: Carole Joyce firstname.lastname@example.org
· LD27 South Mountain will meet at 6:30 pm for dinner, followed by a 7 pm meeting on Tues., Feb 10 at the Jumbo Buffet - NE Corner Of 35th Avenue And Southern. Events in LD27 will be the topic of discussion. They plan a ‘Patriots In The Park’ on March 14 At El Reposo Park, an upcoming gun raffle and are recruiting LD27 Teenage Republicans (TARS). Executive Committee Contacts: Chr Ron Harders – Hbaronaz@Msn.Com - 602-243-0111; 1st Vice Chairman Jose Tello – Josertello01@Gmail.Com - 480-309-5182 And 2nd Vice Chairman Chris Morrill – Bikeartchris@Yahoo.Com - 480-415-2453.
· LD29 - 7 pm, Feb. 10 at Kings & Associates Realty, LLC, 6006 N 83rd Ave, Suite 201, Glendale, AZ 85303. Chr Alan Gaugert email@example.com 623-877-3674.
· Former Graham County Sheriff Mack Needs Help. Mack suffered a heart attack recently and is recovery from surgery – however, complications have slowed that recovery and added financial strain on the family. See help sheriff mack To donate directly to a bank account at Wells Fargo, Account Richard Mack, Routing Number: 122105278, Account Number: 2816818385. Be sure to get a receipt. If you wish to verify that the family received the donation, send a note to firstname.lastname@example.org
· Maricopa County Republican (MCR) Officers For 2015-16:
ü Chairman – Tyler Bowyer
Executive Director – April Riggins
ü First Vice-Chairman – Jeni White
ü Second Vice-Chairman – Aaron Borders
ü Secretary – Matt Eberle
ü Treasurer – David Ludwig
· AZGOP officers for 2015-2016:
ü Chairman Robert Graham
ü 1 Vice Chair Parralee Schneider
ü 2 VC Gabby Saucedo-Mercer
ü Secretary Linda White
ü Treasurer Jonathon Lines
CALENDAR OF EVENTS
· The Association Of The U.S. Navy Phoenix Saguaro Chapter is hosting an informal dinner for the Chief of the Navy Reserve Vice Admiral Robin Braun at 6 pm., Sun., Feb 8 at Haymaker Restaurant Company 1800 N. Litchfield Road, Goodyear. Dress for civilians is business casual, for military members Navy service dress blues or military service equivalent. 50 seats available. $25 per person, including dinner. AUSN members $20. Social 6:30 pm; dinner 7:30 pm, Remarks 8:15 pm. Doors open for Meet and Greet, social time 6:30 - 6:45 pm: Buffet-style dinner commences 7:30 pm – 8:00 pm: Admiral's Remarks and Questions 8:15 pm. RSVP to Carol Culbertson, CAPT, USN (Ret.), Chapter President Tel: 602.943.7834 or Email: email@example.com
MONDAY, FEBRUARY 9
· The Highway 69 Republicans will meet at 6 pm., Mon., Feb 9 at The Puerta Vallarta Restaurant (rear dining room, park in rear), 11901 E. Hwy 69, Dewey AZ, 86327. 5 pm social hour. This meeting will be done by SKYPE on a big screen with Michael Farris so can see the audience and will be able do Q&A at the end. Farris has been a leader on Capital Hill for over 30 years and is widely recognized for his leadership in the defense of homeschooling, religious freedom, and the preservation of American Sovereignty. Order from menu.. Limited seating. RSVP for seating. To June 928-632-4661 http://www.highway69republicans.com
· The Yavapai Republican Men's Forum will meet at 11:30 am., Feb 9 at St. Michael's Hotel Ballroom, 205 W. Gurley St., Prescott. Speakers: Mark Meckler, President of Citizens for Self-Governance and Yavapai County Assessor Pam Pearsall on Prop 117. Cost: $18 each. Reservation deadline noon, Thurs., Feb 5. RSVP: Bob Luzius at (928) 717-2551 or firstname.lastname@example.org
· Embry Riddle RU College Republicans will meet at 7 pm., Mon., Feb 9 at the ERU-King Engineering Bldg. to hear American’s for Prosperity AZ Director Tom Jenny. Contact: Joey Cilano email@example.com
· A Coffee With Rep Kate Brophy McGee is scheduled from 8-9 am, Mon., Feb 9 at the Pheonix Police Sergeats & Lieutenants Association Office, 8821 N. 7th St., #210, Phoenix. Open to the public.
· The Arizona Project will meet at 6:30 pm., Mon., Feb 9 to hear Rep Paul Boyer address uninvestigated Arizona Child Porn. child-porn-uninvestigated. The group meets at 3375 E Shea Blvd., Phx. Attendees are asked to drop off yard sale items between 9am-5 m, M-F. Chr Ron Ludders 602.677.1496
TUESDAY, FEBRUARY 10
· LD26 Is Conducting A “Build A Bill” Session with Senate President Andy Biggs’ on how to influence legislation in Arizona at 7:30 pm, Tues., Feb 10 in the City Of Mesa Utilities Community Room, 640 N Mesa Dr, Mesa, Arizona 85201. Bring note pads and pens. No admission fee. Donations appreciated. Contact: Matthew Papke firstname.lastname@example.org 480 - 242 - 2208.
LD29 will meet at 7 pm, Feb. 10 at Kings & Associates Realty, LLC, 6006 N 83rd Ave, Suite 201, Glendale, AZ 85303. Contact: Chairman Alan Gaugert 623-330-3622 or email@example.com
· Nick Dranias Invited You to Compact for America's “States Take Charge: Saving the Nation with the Compact for a Balanced Budget” at 3:30 pm, Tues., Feb 10 Ballroom East, Mountainview Country Club, 38759 South Mountain View Boulevard, Tucson, AZ 85739.
· The Sahuarita Tea Party Patriots will meet at 6:30 pm, Feb 10 at the Triple Play Restaurant, 1570 W. Duval Mine Road to hear Trevor Laky, Southwest Regional Coordinator Heritage Action for America. Laky is the former UofA College Republicans president and interned for Congressman Matt Salmon. Sonoita/Elgin Tea Party Website
· The Mingus Mountain Republican Club meets at 11:15 am., Tues., Feb 10 at the VFW Post #7400, 705 E. Aspen St., Cottonwood, AZ. $11 per person. Speaker Paul Lenze on "The ISIS Factor and The Terrorist." RSVP: Niles Haton (928) 649-1643 or Mingus_Mountain@hotmail.com
· The Verde Valley Republican Women's Luncheon is scheduled at 11 am., Feb 10 to hear AZGOP Chairman Robert Graham poolside at the Sedona rouge Hotel and Spa, 2250 Hwy 89A, Sedona, AZ Poolside. $17 each. RSVP: Erna Sesek (928) 284-4248 or Sesek@q.com
· The Sahuarita Tea Party Patriots meet Feb 10.
WEDNESDAY, FEBRUARY 11
Those Attending The Arrowhead Republican Women’s Feb 11 luncheon are asked to bring Children’s Patriotic books for their Caring For America project, small items for the mystery boxes and bottles of win for the fundraiser. Speaker is Rae Chornenky, immediate past president of the National Federation of Republican Women. RSVP: arrowheadrwluncheons Expect an e-mail confirmation that your reservation has been received, typically within 24 hrs. If you do not receive one, try again or contact Lezlee at 602-885-2939. Reservations deadline: 5 pm., Fri, Feb 6. Cancellations must be received by then also or you may be billed for the meal. Republican guests are welcome as always, a maximum of two times before membership will be required. Spouses are welcome and may join as Associate members if desired.
The Center for Arizona Policy (CAP) Day at the Capitol runs from 9 am-2:30 pm, Wed., Feb 11 at Wesley Bolin Plaza, 1700 W Washington St., Phx. Visit with Gov Doug Ducey, capitol tour, visit Senate and House sessions, lunch with legislators. Adult tickets: $10 | 17 and under: $5 purchase tickets. Download flier. http://www.azpolicy.org/
FRIDAY, FEBRUARY 13
· The Sahuarita Tea Party Patriots will meet at 6:30 pm., Feb 13 (2nd Tues) to hear Constitutionals Jeff Usch at the Triple Play in Sahuarita (Duval Mine road I-19 exit).
Former New York Mayor Rudy Giuliana, Former Chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff Gen Hugh Shelton and moderator former White House Director of Public Liaison Linda Chavez are coming to Phoenix to present “Countering Islamic Fundamentalism, Nuclear-Armed Iran” at 3:30 pm., Fri., Feb 13 in the Ballroom at the Sheraton Phoenix Downtown Hotel, 340 North 3rd St., Phoenix, AZ 85004. The event is sponsored by the The Iranian American Community of Arizona (www.iacaz.org). Free parking. RSVP: firstname.lastname@example.org
· The Colorado River Tea Party – Yuma will meet Friday afternoon, Feb. 13 to decorate a float for the 9 am, Sat. Feb 14 Silver Spur Rodeo Parade. email@example.com
SATURDAY, FEBRUARY 14
· The YAVGOP Lincoln/Reagan Dinner scheduled for Feb 14 has been CHANGED to March 21 at the Prescott Resort. The cost is $65 per person.
· The Paradise Republican Women will hear Author Loren Spivak make the case that capitalism is the victim of environmental extremists who destroy prosperity without achieving even their own goals. He is the author of "Free Market Warrior" and "The Gorax." He will address the group at 11 am, Sat., Feb 14 at Gainey Ranch Golf Club, 7600 E Gainey Club Drive, Scottsdale, AZ 85258. 10:30 am social. $30 per person. Reservation required by Thur., Feb 12.
· The Arizona Republican Assembly (AzRA) will meet at 12:30 pm., Sat., Feb 14
in the Devonshire Center, 2802 E Devonshire St., Phx. 85016 Devonshire is one block N of Indian School Rd, one mile E of SR51. The group’s goal is to replace RINO's in key positions with Republicans who support the Republican Platform and the US Constitution. With over 150 members, they hope to reach 200 members by the February meeting. Contact: AzRA President Thayer Verschoor 602-703-0266.
· Volunteers Are Needed to help decorate floats for the Sat., Feb 14 Silver Spur Rodeo and Parade is scheduled Sat., Feb 14. Float will be decorate on Feb. 13. firstname.lastname@example.org
· Political-Insider Dems Fundraise After Ducey Ditches Visitors Log
BILL WHITTLE’S AFTER BURNER
· AZGOP financial reports filed/ AZ Sec of State azsos.gov/cfs/FilerDetail
· FEC Filing Updated/Current AZGOP Financials Info CandidateCommitteeDetail.do?canId
· AZ Border Defenders Updated Daily
· Need2No Border News Watch
BILL AND HILLARY
· Committed-Christian-Obamas-Religious-History-Unmasked 'High Horse' Jab Just President's Latest Attack On His Own Professed Faith
Schooling Obama: Jihad Vs Crusades…Facts Are A Bitch