- ► March (23)
- ► February (28)
- ► January (31)
- ► December (29)
- ► November (30)
- ► October (31)
- ► September (32)
- ► August (31)
- ► July (31)
- ► June (30)
- ► May (30)
- ► April (30)
- ► March (31)
- ► February (28)
- ► January (31)
- ► December (30)
- ► November (29)
- ► October (31)
- ► September (29)
- ► August (32)
- ► July (25)
- ► June (21)
- ► May (31)
- ► April (30)
- ► March (30)
- ▼ February (29)
- ► January (31)
- ► December (28)
- ► November (30)
- ► October (32)
- ► September (29)
- ► August (32)
- ► July (31)
- ► June (27)
- ► May (31)
- ► April (36)
- ► March (42)
- ► February (35)
- ► January (34)
- ► December (39)
- ► November (35)
- ► October (42)
- ► September (37)
- ► August (35)
- ► July (37)
- ► June (37)
- ► May (21)
- ► April (33)
- ► March (39)
- ► February (36)
- ► January (38)
- ► December (39)
- ► November (32)
- ► October (37)
- ► September (39)
- ► August (42)
Briefs Editor Frosty Taylor firstname.lastname@example.org
Web Master John Strasser
Sunday, February 8, 2015
· Maricopa County GOP Chairman Tyler Bowyer announced his appointments at the Thurs., Feb 5 Executive Guidance Committee meeting in Phoenix. They are:
ü Executive Director/Spokesman: April Riggins (LD-23). Former LD chairman, past vice chairman of Maricopa County Republicans, chaired Maricopa County Republican Mandatory meetings, a former delegate to the Republican National Convention, former Scottsdale Rodeo Queen, and past president of Encanto Golf.
ü Director of Communications: Jake Hoffman (LD-12) First Vice Chairman of LD12, Higley Unified School District School Board member, owner JKT Productions (organizes events and entertainment), and small business consultant.
ü Chaplain: Mark Spencer (LD-28) – Judicial Watch, Western Projects Coordinator and Phoenix Law Enforcement Association past president.
ü Director of Finance: Shiree Verdone (LD-23) - Long-time fundraiser, former member of RNC Platform Committee and Organized LD-24 Ambassador John Bolton Event.
ü Sergeant-at-Arms: Barbara Medal (LD-26) – former First Vice Chair of LD17 (now LD26), Conservative watchdog and best-attendee of County Meetings over past five years (only missed two meetings in five years).
ü Legal Counsel: Timothy La Sota – Partner at Tiffany & Bosco, past Chief of Staff to Scottsdale Mayor Jim Lane; SB1070 counselor, election law professional - represented prominent Republican councilmen, legislators and congressmen.
· LD13 Will Not Hold Its Regularly Scheduled Meeting on Tues., Feb 10. They will meet on March 10, according to LD13 Chairman Dick Landis.
· Scottsdale Mayor W.J. “Jim” Lane’s Annual State Of The City address will be Tuesday, Feb. 24, at the Fairmont Scottsdale Princess (7575 E. Princess Drive). A reception begins at 11:30 a.m. and the mayor’s remarks will start at 12:30 p.m. Reception/lunch tickets $50 each with proceeds going to “Operation Fix it” – a program that assists homeowners or tenants w ho are physically or financially unable to maintain their properties. See Operation Fix It. RSVP : KKuester@scottsdaleaz.gov or 480-312-2466.
· Mesa Republican Women were updated on the Independent Redistricting Committee lawsuit by Senate President Andy Biggs last week. The Supreme Court has scheduled a hearing March 2.
· Pima County Republicans are having an open house between 4-7 pm., Sat., March 7 in their new location, according to Chairman Bill Beard. Light refreshments and snacked will be served at 17 West Wetmore Road #300, Tucson.
· GOP Activist Wes Harris to Senators: “If there is any question about the need for transparency in government let us all look to the current administration in the White House for guidance. I am sure that you will agree with me that this administration has run wild plotting behind closed doors with their cronies in the Senate and the House of Representatives with nary a word leaked to We The People.
Now comes SB 1435 to alter the State Statutes on what constitutes transparency when public officials meet behind closed doors. I have been attending local school board meetings off and on for the past 50 years or so. I really don't like attending these meetings because their members have lost sight of who they report to and what the individual tax payer wants to know and wants them to do. It is bad enough to get both information and the ability to speak but if you allow them to discuss virtually everything behind closed doors there will be no transparency nor the ability to challenge any move they make before they vote. While I am sure your motives are honorable, I believe you have erred and come down on the wrong side of "Open Government". I urge you to reject this bill. Open meetings like those of local school boards are akin to getting a 'root canal'...but with this bill it would be a total 'extraction'.”
· LD13 Rep Darrin Mitchell will drive to Yuma after Thurs., Feb 19 for a 6 pm., potluck dinner and to discuss the latest developments at the legislator with the Colorado River Tea Party – Yuma at the Christian Church, 6480 E Hwy 95 (last bldg. behind the church). Contact: www.coloradoriverteaparty.org Chr Sally Kizer 928-210-1219.
· Wickenburg’s Famed Gold Rush Days are coming up this weekend, complete with parade, rodeos, vendors, BBQ, dance, carnival, etc. The round-a-bouts constructed at both end of town should help move traffic along better than before. In years past, traffic has been back up several miles outside of town before and during the parade that draws entries from across the state.
· Immediate Past MCRC Chairman A J LaFaro spoke to about 150 members of the PebbleCreek Republican Club last Thursday. This active club has taken the AZGOP Chairman’s top club of the year award twice.
· Colorado River Tea Party-Yuma Chairman Sally Kizer is looking for four or five volunteers to ride on the club float in the Feb 14 Silver Spur Rodeo & Parade. Contact Sally at 928-210-1219.
· How One Church Deals With Cell Phones. Dealing With Cell Phones In Church
· The Paradise Republican Women’s Club member turning in the most US Flag pictures will win a $150 gift basket. In addition to pictures of flags being flown on homes and businesses, flag bumper stickers and flag logos on apparel and accessories are also eligible. There will be prizes for runner ups as I get more donations. PRWC will award certificates to our favorite businesses and private patriots in appreciation of their display of Americanism and their love of this country. The contest will end at the PRWC meeting nearest to the Fourth of July. Send pictures to email@example.com. Be sure to enter "Flag Contest on the subject line for it to be opened.
· Congresswoman Martha McSally’s First 30 days: “They say you only get to make a first impression once, so we aimed to hit the ground running from day one...and that's exactly what we did. Since being sworn in less than 3 weeks after our race was called, I was assigned to two key committees-the Committees on Armed Services and Homeland Security-opened offices in Tucson and Sierra Vista, invited and hosted the largest group of Congressmen ever to come see our border first-hand, met with port officials to discuss expanding trade in Southern Arizona, hosted a roundtable discussion on human trafficking, and introduced legislation to improve our border strategy and make our communities safer. And that's just the beginning.
ü visited the Nogales Port of Entry to find ways we can better capitalize on our strategic location with Mexico and bring more trade to Southern Arizona.
ü hosted a roundtable discussion on ways to end human trafficking in Arizona.
ü cosponsored legislation that passed the House of Representatives to help law enforcement take down traffickers and provide care for victims.
· Although Sen John McCain’s Run For A Sixth Term is unofficially announced, the invitation reads “McCain 2016” for a fundraiser featuring McCain and IA Sen Joni Ernst at 11:30 am, Fri., Feb 20 at The Phoenician, 6000 E Camelback Road, Scottsdale. VIP photo op at 11 am. Host Committee: $10,000. VIP Table Sponsor: $5,000. Table Host: $2,000. VIP Ticket: $500 per person. Lunch Ticket: $200 per person. The re-election campaign fundraiser is hosted by Martha McSally, Angela Ducey, Cheryl Flake, Cindy McCain, co-chairs Deb Gullett and Jackie Norton. This is no neighborhood coffee clatch.
· Jose Barrajero's AZRRT Call to Action Barrajero’s updates on current legislation that needs attention.
· The Arizona Chapter Of Americans For Prosperity Foundation (AFPF-Arizona) is launching a long-term program - the Liberty and Prosperity Initiative -- to bring promising college and high school students into the free-market movement, educate them on the basic principles of a free society, and train them to engage in grassroots activism. Interested students should contact Ms Tyler DiGrazia at firstname.lastname@example.org before Feb 20 to obtain an application form. Space is limited. LEARN MORE. Contact AZ ARP Director Tom Jenney email@example.com
· Call The White House 202-456-1111 Comments. Switchboard: 202-456-1414. Contact Senate https://www.senate.gov/ or Representatives http://www.house.gov/ Let them know how you feel. Hold their feet to the fire. They wanted these positions so badly, hold them accountable. Arizona delegation phone numbers:
· LD1 meets 2nd Mondays, 7-8:30pm at North Gate Church, 34835 N. 7th St., Phx. 85086 (7th St./Carefree Hwy.) Chr Cathy Schwanke http://ld1.arizonagop.us
· LD 4 meets the last Wednesday of the month, at 7pm at the Estrella Foothills H. S. Next meeting - Feb 25. Chr Richard Newcomer firstname.lastname@example.org
· LD 13 Meets On The 2nd Tuesday of the month at 7 pm at PebbleCreek Tuscany Falls Clubhouse – Ball Room, 16222 Clubhouse Drive, Goodyear, AZ. 85395. Contact: Chr Dick Landis, landis.LD13@icloud.com.
LD17 meets last Tuesday of the month at 7 pm, Tricity Baptist Church in Chandler. Next meeting - Feb 24. Speakers: Supt of Ed Diane Douglas and Senator Kelli Ward. Chr Shadow Asgari email@example.com
LD 19 Meets The 2nd Monday of the month at 7 pm in the conference room of Total Wine & More, at McDowell and Litchfield Rd., 1416 N Litchfield Rd (Palm Valley Pavilions West Shopping Center), Litchfield Park, AZ. Contact LD 19 Chr, George Ortiz, firstname.lastname@example.org.
· March 2, April 6, May 18, June 1, July 6, August 3, September 14, October 5, November 16, December 7. At the Washington Elementary School District Office, 4650 W Sweetwater, Phx. Chr Ray Malnar email@example.com.
· LD21 – 3rd Thurs at 7 pm at 10050 W. Bell Rd. Suite 50. Chr Kevin Payne LD21Chairman@gmail.com
· LD 24 - 3rd Thursday . 6:30 sign-in ~ 7:00 pm mtg. Feb 19. Agenda: Setting a vision/mission for LD24. Speaker: RPMC Chairman Tyler Bowyer. AZ GOP Headquarters, 3501 N 24th St., Phoenix, Az . Chr Ken Bennett . Contact: Carole Joyce firstname.lastname@example.org
· LD27 South Mountain will meet at 6:30 pm for dinner, followed by a 7 pm meeting on Tues., Feb 10 at the Jumbo Buffet - NE Corner Of 35th Avenue And Southern. Events in LD27 will be the topic of discussion. They plan a ‘Patriots In The Park’ on March 14 At El Reposo Park, an upcoming gun raffle and are recruiting LD27 Teenage Republicans (TARS). Executive Committee Contacts: Chr Ron Harders – Hbaronaz@Msn.Com - 602-243-0111; 1st Vice Chairman Jose Tello – Josertello01@Gmail.Com - 480-309-5182 And 2nd Vice Chairman Chris Morrill – Bikeartchris@Yahoo.Com - 480-415-2453.
· LD29 - 7 pm, Feb. 10 at Kings & Associates Realty, LLC, 6006 N 83rd Ave, Suite 201, Glendale, AZ 85303. Chr Alan Gaugert email@example.com 623-877-3674.
· Maricopa County Republican (MCR) Officers For 2015-16:
ü Chairman – Tyler Bowyer
Executive Director – April Riggins
ü First Vice-Chairman – Jeni White
ü Second Vice-Chairman – Aaron Borders
ü Secretary – Matt Eberle
ü Treasurer – David Ludwig
· AZGOP officers for 2015-2016:
ü Chairman Robert Graham
ü 1 Vice Chair Parralee Schneider
ü 2 VC Gabby Saucedo-Mercer
ü Secretary Linda White
ü Treasurer Jonathon Lines
CALENDAR OF EVENTS
MONDAY, FEBRUARY 9
· The Highway 69 Republicans will meet at 6 pm., Mon., Feb 9 at The Puerta Vallarta Restaurant (rear dining room, park in rear), 11901 E. Hwy 69, Dewey AZ, 86327. 5 pm social hour. This meeting will be done by SKYPE on a big screen with Michael Farris so can see the audience and will be able do Q&A at the end. Farris has been a leader on Capital Hill for over 30 years and is widely recognized for his leadership in the defense of homeschooling, religious freedom, and the preservation of American Sovereignty. Order from menu.. Limited seating. RSVP for seating. TO JUNE 928-632-4661 http://www.highway69republicans.com
· The Yavapai Republican Men's Forum will meet at 11:30 am., Feb 9 at St. Michael's Hotel Ballroom, 205 W. Gurley St., Prescott. Speakers: Mark Meckler, President of Citizens for Self-Governance and Yavapai County Assessor Pam Pearsall on Prop 117. Cost: $18 each. Reservation deadline noon, Thurs., Feb 5. RSVP: Bob Luzius at (928) 717-2551 or firstname.lastname@example.org
· Embry Riddle RU College Republicans will meet at 7 pm., Mon., Feb 9 at the ERU-King Engineering Bldg. to hear American’s for Prosperity AZ Director Tom Jenny. Contact: Joey Cilano email@example.com
· A Coffee With Rep Kate Brophy McGee is scheduled from 8-9 am, Mon., Feb 9 at the Pheonix Police Sergeats & Lieutenants Association Office, 8821 N. 7th St., #210, Phoenix. Open to the public.
· The Arizona Project will meet at 6:30 pm., Mon., Feb 9 to hear Rep Paul Boyer address uninvestigated Arizona Child Porn. child-porn-uninvestigated. The group meets at 3375 E Shea Blvd., Phx. Attendees are asked to drop off yard sale items between 9am-5 m, M-F. Chr Ron Ludders 602.677.1496
TUESDAY, FEBRUARY 10
· LD26 Is Conducting A “Build A Bill” Session with Senate President Andy Biggs’ on how to influence legislation in Arizona at 7:30 pm, Tues., Feb 10 in the City Of Mesa Utilities Community Room, 640 N Mesa Dr, Mesa, Arizona 85201. Bring note pads and pens. No admission fee. Donations appreciated. Contact: Matthew Papke firstname.lastname@example.org 480 - 242 - 2208.
LD29 will meet at 7 pm, Feb. 10 at Kings & Associates Realty, LLC, 6006 N 83rd Ave, Suite 201, Glendale, AZ 85303. Contact: Chairman Alan Gaugert 623-330-3622 or email@example.com
· Nick Dranias Invited You to Compact for America's “States Take Charge: Saving the Nation with the Compact for a Balanced Budget” at 3:30 pm, Tues., Feb 10 Ballroom East, Mountainview Country Club, 38759 South Mountain View Boulevard, Tucson, AZ 85739.
· The Sahuarita Tea Party Patriots will meet at 6:30 pm, Feb 10 at the Triple Play Restaurant, 1570 W. Duval Mine Road to hear Trevor Laky, Southwest Regional Coordinator Heritage Action for America. Laky is the former UofA College Republicans president and interned for Congressman Matt Salmon. Sonoita/Elgin Tea Party Website
· The Mingus Mountain Republican Club meets at 11:15 am., Tues., Feb 10 at the VFW Post #7400, 705 E. Aspen St., Cottonwood, AZ. $11 per person. Speaker Paul Lenze on "The ISIS Factor and The Terrorist." RSVP: Niles Haton (928) 649-1643 or Mingus_Mountain@hotmail.com
· The Verde Valley Republican Women's Luncheon is scheduled at 11 am., Feb 10 to hear AZGOP Chairman Robert Graham poolside at the Sedona rouge Hotel and Spa, 2250 Hwy 89A, Sedona, AZ Poolside. $17 each. RSVP: Erna Sesek (928) 284-4248 or Sesek@q.com
· The Sahuarita Tea Party Patriots meet Feb 10.
· The Pima County Republican Club Luncheon is scheduled at 11:30 am., Tues., Feb 10 at the Sabbar Shrine Temple, 450 S. Tucson Blvd, Tucson. Oshrat Barel, Weintraub Israel Center Director, will address “Israel and the Diaspora: State of affairs between North America and Israel.
WEDNESDAY, FEBRUARY 11
Those Attending The Arrowhead Republican Women’s Feb 11 luncheon are asked to bring Children’s Patriotic books for their Caring For America project, small items for the mystery boxes and bottles of win for the fundraiser. Speaker is Rae Chornenky, immediate past president of the National Federation of Republican Women. RSVP: arrowheadrwluncheons Expect an e-mail confirmation that your reservation has been received, typically within 24 hrs. If you do not receive one, try again or contact Lezlee at 602-885-2939. Reservations deadline: 5 pm., Fri, Feb 6. Cancellations must be received by then also or you may be billed for the meal. Republican guests are welcome as always, a maximum of two times before membership will be required. Spouses are welcome and may join as Associate members if desired.
The Center for Arizona Policy (CAP) Day at the Capitol runs from 9 am-2:30 pm, Wed., Feb 11 at Wesley Bolin Plaza, 1700 W Washington St., Phx. Visit with Gov Doug Ducey, capitol tour, visit Senate and House sessions, lunch with legislators. Adult tickets: $10 | 17 and under: $5 purchase tickets. Download flier. http://www.azpolicy.org/
· Border Patrol Officer Zack Taylor address “Update On Border Issues” at 6 pm., Thur., Feb 12 at the Pima County Tea Party Patriots meeting in the Oro Valley Public Library. See Let's close the swinging gate
FRIDAY, FEBRUARY 13
· The Sahuarita Tea Party Patriots will meet at 6:30 pm., Feb 13 (2nd Tues) to hear Constitutionals Jeff Usch at the Triple Play in Sahuarita (Duval Mine road I-19 exit).
Former New York Mayor Rudy Giuliana, Former Chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff Gen Hugh Shelton and moderator former White House Director of Public Liaison Linda Chavez are coming to Phoenix to present “Countering Islamic Fundamentalism, Nuclear-Armed Iran” at 3:30 pm., Fri., Feb 13 in the Ballroom at the Sheraton Phoenix Downtown Hotel, 340 North 3rd St., Phoenix, AZ 85004. The event is sponsored by the The Iranian American Community of Arizona (www.iacaz.org). Free parking. RSVP: firstname.lastname@example.org
· The Colorado River Tea Party – Yuma will meet Friday afternoon, Feb. 13 to decorate a float for the 9 am, Sat. Feb 14 Silver Spur Rodeo Parade. email@example.com
SATURDAY, FEBRUARY 14
· The YAVGOP Lincoln/Reagan Dinner scheduled for Feb 14 has been CHANGED to March 21 at the Prescott Resort. The cost is $65 per person.
· The Paradise Republican Women will hear Author Loren Spivak make the case that capitalism is the victim of environmental extremists who destroy prosperity without achieving even their own goals. He is the author of "Free Market Warrior" and "The Gorax." He will address the group at 11 am, Sat., Feb 14 at Gainey Ranch Golf Club, 7600 E Gainey Club Drive, Scottsdale, AZ 85258. 10:30 am social. $30 per person. Reservation required by Thur., Feb 12.
· The Arizona Republican Assembly (AzRA) will meet at 12:30 pm., Sat., Feb 14
in the Devonshire Center, 2802 E Devonshire St., Phx. 85016 Devonshire is one block N of Indian School Rd, one mile E of SR51. The group’s goal is to replace RINO's in key positions with Republicans who support the Republican Platform and the US Constitution. With over 150 members, they hope to reach 200 members by the February meeting. Contact: AzRA President Thayer Verschoor 602-703-0266.
· Volunteers Are Needed to help decorate floats for the Sat., Feb 14 Silver Spur Rodeo and Parade is scheduled Sat., Feb 14. Float will be decorate on Feb. 13. firstname.lastname@example.org
· Prescott Reeling Once Again Hostage’s Hometown
· Community-College-Alumni-Impact-Arizona Add Billions To AZ
· Syria-Accuses-John-McCain-Entering-Illegally Syria’s Ambassador Said McCain And French Foreign Minister Violated Syria’s Sovereignty In 2013
· John Kavanagh, AZ I See It: Why Arizona Lawmakers Need Longer Terms
BILL WHITTLE’S AFTER BURNER
· AZGOP financial reports filed/ AZ Sec of State azsos.gov/cfs/FilerDetail
· FEC Filing Updated/Current AZGOP Financials Info CandidateCommitteeDetail.do?canId
· AZ Border Defenders Updated Daily
· Need2No Border News Watch