- ► April (21)
- ► March (27)
- ► February (28)
- ► January (31)
- ► December (29)
- ► November (30)
- ► October (31)
- ► September (32)
- ► August (31)
- ► July (31)
- ► June (30)
- ► May (30)
- ► April (30)
- ► March (31)
- ► February (28)
- ► January (31)
- ► December (30)
- ► November (29)
- ► October (31)
- ► September (29)
- ► August (32)
- ► July (25)
- ► June (21)
- ► May (31)
- ► April (30)
- ► March (30)
- ▼ February (29)
- ► January (31)
- ► December (28)
- ► November (30)
- ► October (32)
- ► September (29)
- ► August (32)
- ► July (31)
- ► June (27)
- ► May (31)
- ► April (36)
- ► March (42)
- ► February (35)
- ► January (34)
- ► December (39)
- ► November (35)
- ► October (42)
- ► September (37)
- ► August (35)
- ► July (37)
- ► June (37)
- ► May (21)
- ► April (33)
- ► March (39)
- ► February (36)
- ► January (38)
- ► December (39)
- ► November (32)
- ► October (37)
- ► September (39)
- ► August (42)
Briefs Editor Frosty Taylor email@example.com
Web Master John Strasser
Tuesday, February 10, 2015
· Gov Doug Ducey Has Directed That Flags at all state office buildings be lowered to half-staff until sunset Wed, Feb 11, 2015, in honor of Kayla Mueller, a Prescott resident killed while serving a humanitarian aid mission in Syria. "The hearts of all Arizonans are heavy today, and our thoughts and prayers continue to be with her family. And while it may be of small comfort for such an unknowable loss, I pray that Kayla Mueller's parents find solace in knowing that this state and nation will forever remember their daughter, and the lasting impression she left. She did more good in her 26 years than many do in a lifetime. We should honor her by striving every day to follow her noble example." Ducey encourages all Arizonans to join in this tribute.
· “Closed Primary Resolution” Author A J LaFaro wants Arizona Republican Party Chairman Robert Graham and the party’s executive committee to know that the Resolution passed by the state committee at the Jan 24 AZGOP Statutory meeting - directing the party to go court to close the party’s primaries - is more than just a suggestion. LaFaro said, “The state committeemen expect action. They don’t expect this to be buried in some file or just to be looked at as a request. It’s a directive.” LaFaro, who authored a Closed Primaries Resolution passed by the Maricopa County GOP and was the driving force behind the one passed at the state committee meeting last month, said “Graham and the party appear to be dragging their feet.” If they don’t follow the resolution’s directive, LaFaro said, supporters of closed primaries may resort to legal action. “At this point in time, there are legal remedies available to us, but I certainly hope that Robert Graham and the executive committee don’t go down that route,” LaFaro said. Graham is reportedly on a 10 day trip to Israel with the American Family Association since the state meeting.
· Independents Participation In Primaries Continues To Grow, according to immediate past Maricopa County Republicans Chairman A J LaFaro. Arizona’s total voter rolls increased by about 11,000 – pretty much all of them Independents – to roughly 3.25 million people since November 2014, according to a report released last week by the Secretary Of State’s office. Independents hold the largest bloc with 1.17 million voters, followed by Republicans at 1.1 million and Democrats at about 934,000, he said. Meanwhile, Republicans lost roughly 1,000 registered voters since November, while Democrats’ number tumbled by about 2,500. In contrast, the Libertarian Party grew by about 100 registered voters and now has 26,700 registered. The Green Party has 5,051 registered voters as of January, and the Americans Elect party has 461, LaFaro said.
· Gov Doug Ducey Has Put The Visitor’s Log back in place at the capital. Apparently he got enough flack from the public to take heed of their disapproval at his removal of the log book.
· The Entire Arizona Congressional Delegation, and Arizona Secretary of State Michele Reagan will participate in a statue dedication ceremony in honor of Senator Barry M. Goldwater at the National Statuary Hall of the United States Capitol at 3 pm., Wed., Feb 11 EST. The ceremony will be hosted by House Speaker John Boehner (R-OH), Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell (R-KY), House Democratic Leader Nancy Pelosi (D-CA), and Senate Assistant Democratic Leader Dick Durbin (D-IL).
· Congressman Trent Franks: “There are no words to express my profound sadness at the death of 26-year-old Arizona native Kayla Mueller, who was taken hostage by ISIS. This horrifying tragedy is the natural end to the timorous policy of appeasing, or negotiating with, or delaying our just response, to a mindless, heartless, evil cancer like ISIS.” Editor’s Note: See more congressmen’s statements under News Links.
· Seeing Newly Elected IA Sen Joni Ernst name on the fundraiser invitation for AZ Sen John McCain’s “unannounced” run for a sixth term, has raised the eye brows of grassroots conservatives and Tea Party members who supported her in her recently hard-fought race in Iowa. “It’s outrageous and unacceptable that Ernst would insult the very people and organizations that helped get her elected in Iowa, by now helping RINO John McCain,” writes a AZGOP activist. See invitation 2-8-15-mcrc-briefs
· Matthew Holloway Announces Candidacy For CD8 In 2016: Over the last few years, I have come to the conclusion that with few exceptions Congress, no longer represents the people they swore to serve. In failing to resist the beltway establishment, they have shown a lack of commitment to the conservative ideals that we Arizonans live by. Whether out of defiance, negligence, or fear, they disregarded the outcry of the people, rebuking those who stood for new leadership and succumbed to the political game.
Living in Arizona for nine of my 28 years, I come from a sales management background, having been with Revana in Tempe for over three years and Best Buy in Goodyear for five years prior. I live in Litchfield Park with my wife Amy and our toddler Jack.
I have been immersed in Republican politics since I was a boy in New Jersey helping my aunt in her bids for Borough Council, State Legislator and Mayor. One of my greatest political mentors, she taught me to stick by my convictions and that government is a sacred trust of the people: any waste of tax dollars is a betrayal of that trust. I am ideally suited by my lack of deep political experience, which some will no doubt consider a disadvantage. I am uncompromised and incorruptible; if you elect me I will work for the people of Arizona and no other. I am deeply versed in our nation's history, in the issues of today and those to come. I hold the United States Constitution to be a document of divine inspiration and the exacting instruction for our government: immutable and beyond contestation. I am resolute in my determination that my generation will not see the end of Christian, Constitutional, Conservative principles. We must fight for our values, because it is right and righteous. Join me and together we can hold the line against the night." Http://www.facebook.com/electmattholloway
· AzCDL Alert: HB 2527 Goes To House Committee Of The Whole (COW) Hearing On Thur., Feb 12. HB2527 strengthens Arizona’s firearms preemption laws by prohibiting state agencies and political subdivisions from restricting the transfer of firearms. Current state firearms preemption statutes do not restrict state agencies from regulating firearms transfers. This leaves an opening for anti-rights zealots at state agency levels to create regulations to criminalize private firearms exchanges and create databases to track gun owners, according to AzCDL. With the coming attack on our freedoms from Bloomberg financed organizations, it is important that we have uniform firearms transfer laws throughout the state. HB 2527 passed out of the House Military and Public Safety (MAPS) Committee on Feb 5 and the House Rules Committee on Feb 9. AzCDL asks that you contact your state representatives to let them know you expect them to support HB 2527 during the upcoming COW hearing and to vote for its passage during its Third Read. Prepared e-mail at Legislative Action Center. Send as is or add your own comments. If you encounter any difficulties in sending your emails, please contact Fred at firstname.lastname@example.org. your Representatives today. here.
· The Arizona Teenage Republicans Annual Banquet is scheduled at 7 pm, May 9 at the Scottsdale Plaza Resort. Details tba.
· The Sun City Grand Republican Interest Group will meet at 9 am, Sat., Feb 28 in the Hopi Room at the Chaparral Center, 19781 N. Remington Dr. Surprise. AZ 85374. Free admission. 8:30 am coffee/light refreshments. Speaker Carl Goldberg will make a presentation on Islam Ideology entitled “What Non-Moslems Need To Know About Islam And Why.” See www.grandpop.com Contact Ginny Nyre, President at 623-544-7187 or Ruth Seiter, Vice President, Programs at 623-544-9309.
· Former CD2 Candidate Gabby Saucedo Mercer: “I was invited by Michael Crawford to be on his ‘Get Excited Show’ today. Boy did we get excited about all the punches Christians have been taken not only by the media but by our own President Barack Hussein Obama. As Christians we must get educated on the dangers of Islam and not fall into the "coexist" baloney the political correct bunch want us to fall under. We must speak truth and more importantly know the truth so we can be set free and help others along the way. I never expected our conversation to go into Islam but it did. American Christians we better wake up and fight for our freedom of religion before the religion of death shuts us down!” get-excited-1/02-10-15-get-excited
· Author And Gun Laws Expert Alan Korwin spoke to the Sun Lakes Republican Club Tues., Feb 10 at the Sun Lakes Country Club.
· LD17 Will Host A Voter Registration Tent at the Ostrich Festival the evenings of March 13 and 14, plus all day March 15.
· Jose Barrajero's AZRRT Call to Action Barrajero’s updates on current legislation that needs attention.
· LD17 Is Planning An April 25 ‘Magic Show Fundraiser with magician Craig Davis and his Circus of Illusion starting at 7 pm. Details tba.
· Gov Doug Ducey today announced his leadership team at the Arizona Department of Child Safety (DCS).
ü Law enforcement veteran Greg McKay will serve as the department's director. McKay has served as chief of Arizona's Office of Child Welfare Investigations (OCWI) since its establishment in 2012. In addition to serving as OCWI chief, McKay has worked for nearly 20 years with the City of Phoenix Police Department. Since being made detective in 1998, he has been assigned to the Organized Crime Bureau; Street Gang Unit; Crimes Against Children Unit; Fugitive Apprehension Unit; and Homicide Unit. McKay has been named Arizona's Investigator of the Year for his successful track record investigating crimes against children, including solving several high profile child murder cases. In 2013, he was awarded Childhelp USA's Heart of an Angel Award for his child advocacy, investigative expertise and removal of child predators.
ü Vicki Mayo will serve as deputy director. Mayo has served as vice president of Valor Global Services, a global information technology and services company headquartered in Scottsdale, since 2007. She previously was the owner of Mayo Hotel Management. In 2013, through a partnership with Aid to Adoption of Special Kids (AASK), Mayo started a Sibling Summer Camp program that allows separated foster siblings the opportunity to reunite during a one-week summer camp in Payson.
ü Major General David Rataczak, former Arizona Adjutant General, will serve the department in a management consultant role. Rataczak served for more than nine years as Adjutant General. Additional experience includes combat service in Vietnam (1966); the deployment of more than 5,000 Guard members in support of Operations Iraqi Freedom and Enduring Freedom; commander during the border mission Operation Jump Start, the largest military operation in Arizona; and president of the Adjutant General's Association (2002-2004).
· The Ribbon Cutting For The 1000-Yard New Range Building will be held at 9 am, Sat., Feb 14 at the Ben Avery Shooting Range, 4044 W. Black Canyon Blvd., Phx., 85086. Pursuant to ARS 38-431.02 a quorum of the Arizona Game and Fish Commission can attend and participate in the ribbon cutting ceremony since no legal action will be taken.
· Repairs To The Sinkholes On Route 89A - Oak Creek Canyon switchbacks - are underway. Portions of the roadway are closed until later this week, according to the AZ Dept of Transportation. With SR 89A closed from the Pine Flats Campground to the Vista Point scenic overlook, the recommended detour from Sedona to Flagstaff is to take State Route 179 to Interstate 17. The detour could add up to an extra half hour of travel time for motorists commuting between Sedona and Flagstaff. For the most current information about highway closures and restrictions statewide, visit ADOT’s Travel Information Site at www.az511.gov,
· The Republican National Committee said Tuesday that Hillary Clinton is behaving like someone “in hiding” as the 2016 presidential campaign begins to heat up. “She’s made a strategic decision that the only way to ensure she is the Democratic nominee is to make everyone think she’s inevitable,” said RNC spokesman Sean Spicer. “The last time she had to face voters and actually compete for the nomination, she lost to a newcomer. She doesn’t want to make the same mistake twice.” The RNC said it will be keeping a tally “of just how secretive she’s been,” including:
ü Days since last press conference: 202
ü Days since she’s done an interview: 184
ü Days since she’s been in Iowa: 103
ü Days since she’s been in New Hampshire: 100
ü Days since she’s done an event that didn’t require significant speaking fees: 69
· Political Columnist Rachel Alexander: “Why is the county paying a PR person $94,785.60 - $139,796.80 annually, which doesn't even include benefits? Outrageous. I don't know anyone in PR who makes even close to that in the private sector. This function should be contracted out to a PR firm in the private sector that can do it cheaper. Not to mention, it's mainly only the county supervisors utilizing this PR person, Not the myriads of other county agencies, which also pay for their own PR! In fact, I remember the county PR person frequently saying rude things against the county attorney's office when I was working there.” http://jobs.prsa.org/jobseeker/job/21984512/
· Dr. Andrew Weil Will Answer Health Care Questions during the first half hour of the Buckmaster show at noon tomorrow on Tucson's AM 1030 KVOI The Voice with live streaming at www.BuckmasterShow.com. Weil will address the measles vaccine. Buckmaster LiveLine number is 520-790-2040.
· LD17 Will Meet At 7 PM., Tues., Feb 24 at the Tri-City Baptist Church Seminary Bldg, 2211 W Germann Road., Chandler, AZ. Speakers: Supt of Public Instruction Diane Douglas and Sen Kelli Ward from Lake Havasu. Mayor Jay Tibshraeny will swear in the State Committeemen. The agenda will be released a week prior to the meeting. Congressman Matt Salmon will speak at the March mtg. Contact: Robin Finlinson, Cor Sec email@example.com
The Daisy Mountain Tea Party Patriots will meet at 6:30 pm, Feb 17 (1st and 3rd Tues) in the Anthem Civic Bldg, 3701 W Anthem Way, Anthem, AZ 85086. Contact: Chr Vera Anderson 602-821-4675 firstname.lastname@example.org http://www.daisymountainteapartypatriots.com/index.html
· RNC Chairman Reince Priebus announced the Committee on Arrangements new officers that will assist Committee Chair Steve King and Committee Co-Chairman Jo Ann Davidson in organizing the 2016 RNC National Convention.
ü Enid Mickelsen and Glenn McCall -- committee vice-chairs, newly-created positions that will be responsible for splitting responsibilities to enhance the delegate experience in Cleveland.
ü Tony Parker -- treasurer and
ü Susie Hudson -- secretary of the Committee on Arrangements.
· AZGOP 2VC Gabby Saucedo Mercer: “ I don't know what will wake up parents to get involved in their school board, city council, etc. or whoever is in charge of allowing this violations to take place in our public schools,” referring to students being instructed to recital First Pillar of Islam in public school.
· The Pima County Tea Party Patriots will feature retired Border Patrolman Zack Taylor at 6 pm., Thur., Feb 12 in the Oro Valley Library. Taylor will address the current situation on the Arizona/Mexican border. No admission. Zack Taylor On The Border Between USA/MX Editor’s Note: Zack Taylor’s presentation are a real eye opener on the realities of what has been and still is going on along our southern border.
· Fred Taylor’ Family Health Talk Show will feature a discussion on “Medicare Targeting Ethnic Minority Seniors And What We Need To Know About Measles.” Panelists include David Parra, Dr. Jefferson Jon, Dr Tuirsha’ Hamilton, Lois Owens, Dr Adiana Perez, Dr Valentia Khoury and Taylor, who is the executive director of the SW Prostate Cancer Foundation. The show can be heard at 10 am, Thur., Feb 12 on KXXT 1010AM. Call in 602-977-1010. www.familyvaluesradio1010.com
· Call The White House 202-456-1111 Comments. Switchboard: 202-456-1414. Contact Senate https://www.senate.gov/ or Representatives http://www.house.gov/ Let them know how you feel. Hold their feet to the fire. They wanted these positions so badly, hold them accountable. Arizona delegation phone numbers:
· LD1 meets 2nd Mondays, 7-8:30pm at North Gate Church, 34835 N. 7th St., Phx. 85086 (7th St./Carefree Hwy.) Chr Cathy Schwanke http://ld1.arizonagop.us
· LD 4 meets the last Wednesday of the month, at 7pm at the Estrella Foothills H. S. Next meeting - Feb 25. Chr Richard Newcomer email@example.com
· LD 13 Meets (No Feb mtg) On The 2nd Tuesday of the month at 7 pm at PebbleCreek Tuscany Falls Clubhouse – Ball Room, 16222 Clubhouse Drive, Goodyear, AZ. 85395. Next mtg March 10. Contact: Chr Dick Landis, landis.LD13@icloud.com.
LD17 meets last Tuesday of the month at 7 pm, Tricity Baptist Church in Chandler. Next meeting - Feb 24. Speakers: Supt of Ed Diane Douglas and Senator Kelli Ward. Chr Shadow Asgari firstname.lastname@example.org
LD 19 Meets The 2nd Monday of the month at 7 pm in the conference room of Total Wine & More, at McDowell and Litchfield Rd., 1416 N Litchfield Rd (Palm Valley Pavilions West Shopping Center), Litchfield Park, AZ. Contact LD 19 Chr, George Ortiz, email@example.com.
· March 2, April 6, May 18, June 1, July 6, August 3, September 14, October 5, November 16, December 7. At the Washington Elementary School District Office, 4650 W Sweetwater, Phx. Chr Ray Malnar firstname.lastname@example.org.
· LD21 – 3rd Thurs at 7 pm at 10050 W. Bell Rd. Suite 50. Chr Kevin Payne LD21Chairman@gmail.com
· LD 24 - 3rd Thursday . 6:30 sign-in ~ 7:00 pm mtg. Feb 19. Agenda: Setting a vision/mission for LD24. Speaker: RPMC Chairman Tyler Bowyer. AZ GOP Headquarters, 3501 N 24th St., Phoenix, Az . Chr Ken Bennett . Contact: Carole Joyce email@example.com
· LD27 South Mountain will meet at 6:30 pm for dinner, followed by a 7 pm meeting on Tues., Feb 10 at the Jumbo Buffet - NE Corner Of 35th Avenue And Southern. Events in LD27 will be the topic of discussion. They plan a ‘Patriots In The Park’ on March 14 At El Reposo Park, an upcoming gun raffle and are recruiting LD27 Teenage Republicans (TARS). Executive Committee Contacts: Chr Ron Harders – Hbaronaz@Msn.Com - 602-243-0111; 1st Vice Chairman Jose Tello – Josertello01@Gmail.Com - 480-309-5182 And 2nd Vice Chairman Chris Morrill – Bikeartchris@Yahoo.Com - 480-415-2453.
· LD29 - 7 pm, Feb. 10 at Kings & Associates Realty, LLC, 6006 N 83rd Ave, Suite 201, Glendale, AZ 85303. Chr Alan Gaugert firstname.lastname@example.org 623-877-3674.
· Maricopa County Republican (MCR) Officers For 2015-16:
ü Chairman – Tyler Bowyer (LD17)
Executive Director – April Riggins (LD23)
ü First Vice-Chairman – Jeni White (LD18)
ü Second Vice-Chairman – Aaron Borders (LD27)
ü Secretary – Matt Eberle
ü Treasurer – David Ludwig (LD24)
Director of Communications: Jake Hoffman (LD-12).
Chaplain: Mark Spencer (LD-28)
Director of Finance: Shiree Verdone (LD-23)
Sergeant-at-Arms: Barbara Medal (LD-26)
Legal Counsel: Timothy La Sota
Chairman Emeritus - A. J. LaFaro
CALENDAR OF EVENTS
WEDNESDAY, FEBRUARY 11
Arrowhead Republican Women’s member attending the Feb 11 luncheon are asked to bring Children’s Patriotic books for their Caring For America project, small items for the mystery boxes and bottles of win for the fundraiser. Speaker is Rae Chornenky, immediate past president of the National Federation of Republican Women.
The Center for Arizona Policy (CAP) Day at the Capitol runs from 9 am-2:30 pm, Wed., Feb 11 at Wesley Bolin Plaza, 1700 W Washington St., Phx. Visit with Gov Doug Ducey, capitol tour, visit Senate and House sessions, lunch with legislators. Adult tickets: $10 | 17 and under: $5 purchase tickets. Download flier. http://www.azpolicy.org/
Border Patrol Officer Zack Taylor address “Update On Border Issues” at 6 pm., Thur., Feb 12 at the Pima County Tea Party Patriots meeting in the Oro Valley Public Library. See Let's close the swinging gate
FRIDAY, FEBRUARY 13
Former New York Mayor Rudy Giuliana, Former Chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff Gen Hugh Shelton and moderator former White House Director of Public Liaison Linda Chavez are coming to Phoenix to present “Countering Islamic Fundamentalism, Nuclear-Armed Iran” at 3:30 pm., Fri., Feb 13 in the Ballroom at the Sheraton Phoenix Downtown Hotel, 340 North 3rd St., Phoenix, AZ 85004. The event is sponsored by the The Iranian American Community of Arizona (www.iacaz.org). Free parking. RSVP: email@example.com
· The Colorado River Tea Party – Yuma will meet Friday afternoon, Feb. 13 to decorate a float for the 9 am, Sat. Feb 14 Silver Spur Rodeo Parade. firstname.lastname@example.org
SATURDAY, FEBRUARY 14
· The YAVGOP Lincoln/Reagan Dinner scheduled for Feb 14 has been changed to March 21 at the Prescott Resort. The cost is $65 per person.
· The Paradise Republican Women will hear Author Loren Spivak make the case that capitalism is the victim of environmental extremists who destroy prosperity without achieving even their own goals. He is the author of "Free Market Warrior" and "The Gorax." He will address the group at 11 am, Sat., Feb 14 at Gainey Ranch Golf Club, 7600 E Gainey Club Drive, Scottsdale, AZ 85258. 10:30 am social. $30 per person. Reservation required by Thur., Feb 12.
· The Arizona Republican Assembly (AzRA) will meet at 12:30 pm., Sat., Feb 14
in the Devonshire Center, 2802 E Devonshire St., Phx. 85016. Devonshire is one block N of Indian School Rd, one mile E of SR51. The group’s goal is to replace RINO's in key positions with Republicans who support the Republican Platform and the US Constitution. They hope to reach 200 members by the February meeting. Contact: AzRA President Thayer Verschoor 602-703-0266.
· Volunteers Are Needed to help decorate floats for the Sat., Feb 14 Silver Spur Rodeo and Parade is scheduled Sat., Feb 14. Float will be decorate on Feb. 13. email@example.com
MONDAY, FEBRUARY 16
· The Embry Riddle College Republicans will meet with newly elected Maricopa County Republicans Chairman Tyler Bowyer at 7 pm., Feb 16 in the ERU-King Engineering Bldg. on the campus in Prescott. Contact: Joey Cilano firstname.lastname@example.org
· Kayla-Mueller: Us-Ransom-Policy-Debate Dan Nowicki
· SRP-Goes-Beyond-Eliminating-The-Solar-Subsidy Robert Robb
· House-Committee; Preserve-Lobbyist-Donation-Restrictions Lobbyists Still Can't Donate During Sessions
· Political-Insider Dems Fundraise After Ducey Ditches Visitors Log
· SB1435Are our Republican Senators in the AZ state house trying to prevent the public access to what goes on behind the curtain?
· Arizona-Republican-Assembly Conservatives elect Conservatives
· AZ Border Defenders Updated Daily
· Need2No Border News Watch
WAR ON WOMEN
Number At Risk Has Doubled In Tandem With Immigration From Muslim Countries
· Former-DIA-Chief-Drops-Bomb Former Top Obama General Makes Disturbing Admission About His Former Boss
JUDGE JEANINE PIRRO
BILL AND HILLARY
· FBI-Has-Opened-Isis-Cases-In-49-US-States Director Says Intel-Gathering Restrictions Impeding Investigations
SECRETARY OF STATE
· Anti-West Statements By Turkish President Erdogan And PM Davutoglu: Muslim Countries Must ‘Unite And Defeat The Successors Of Lawrence Of Arabia'; ‘No One Will Be Able To Stop’ The Rise Of Islam In Europe