- ► April (24)
- ► March (27)
- ► February (28)
- ► January (31)
- ► December (29)
- ► November (30)
- ► October (31)
- ► September (32)
- ► August (31)
- ► July (31)
- ► June (30)
- ► May (30)
- ► April (30)
- ► March (31)
- ► February (28)
- ► January (31)
- ► December (30)
- ► November (29)
- ► October (31)
- ► September (29)
- ► August (32)
- ► July (25)
- ► June (21)
- ► May (31)
- ► April (30)
- ► March (30)
- ▼ February (29)
- ► January (31)
- ► December (28)
- ► November (30)
- ► October (32)
- ► September (29)
- ► August (32)
- ► July (31)
- ► June (27)
- ► May (31)
- ► April (36)
- ► March (42)
- ► February (35)
- ► January (34)
- ► December (39)
- ► November (35)
- ► October (42)
- ► September (37)
- ► August (35)
- ► July (37)
- ► June (37)
- ► May (21)
- ► April (33)
- ► March (39)
- ► February (36)
- ► January (38)
- ► December (39)
- ► November (32)
- ► October (37)
- ► September (39)
- ► August (42)
Briefs Editor Frosty Taylor firstname.lastname@example.org
Web Master John Strasser
Wednesday, February 11, 2015
· Maricopa County Republicans Chairman Tyler Bowyer says the Lincoln Day event will be held in late March or early April. As soon as they have a date and location locked in, Executive Director April Riggins will be releasing the details.
· Rep Brenda Barton and Sen Jeff Dial will be joined by Maricopa County Sheriff Joe Arpaio to tour a full-day kindergarten class at Horseshoe Trails Elementary School, 5405 East Pinnacle Vista Drive, Phoenix, AZ 85054 located in the Cave Creek Unified School District at 10 am, Fri., Feb 13. Barton and Dial are the authors of House Bill 2426 and Senate Bill 1068, the “Additional Classroom Time for Kindergartners” legislation. The legislation will require Arizona public schools to provide optional, free, full-day kindergarten to all eligible students. Arpaio and legislators will be at Horseshoe Trails Elementary from 10 am to noon, and will have lunch with the children after the tour.
· Young Americans for Liberty extends an invitation to the general public to attend their first Arizona State Convention in Discovery Hall at Arizona State University in Tempe on Sat., Feb 21. Political campaign training by the Foundation for Applied Conservative Leadership (FACL) will take place from 9 am to 1 pm. A Liberty Symposium will take place from 2 - 7 pm, featuring Barry Goldwater, Jr., author Jack Hunter, Congressman David Schweikert, State Senator Kelli Ward, State Rep Warren Petersen, MCRC Chairman Tyler Bowyer and Americans for Prosperity Leader Tom Jenney. Registration is free for YAL members, or $25 for the general public. Register : http://www.yaliberty.org/convention/state/2015/az Contact email@example.com with any questions. Events sponsors include FreedomWorks, Campaign for Liberty, Leadership Institute, Students for Liberty, Charles Koch Institute, Tea Party Patriots, CATO Institute, FEE and the Heritage Foundation.
· CBS News' "60 Minutes" Correspondent and foreign reporter Bob Simon died on Wednesday night at the age of 73 from injuries sustained in a car accident, the network announced.
· The Palo Verde Republican Women will meet for lunch at 11:30 am., Feb 18 at the Grayhawk Golf Club, 8620 East Thompson Peak Parkway, Scottsdale. Speaker Charles James, an Adjunct Law Professor at ASU and former Assistant Attorney General serving in the Department of Justice during George H.W. Bush and George W. Bush administrations , will address “Federalism in America” today. Social 11 am. Lunch is $25. To RSVP contact Edith, firstname.lastname@example.org or call 480-298-7818 (c).
· Today, U.S. Congressman Paul A. Gosar led the House Of representatives in a moment of silence and remembrance of Prescott, Arizona Native Kayla Mueller, killed by ISIS Terrorists. See Video HERE
· Congresswoman Martha McSally today joined C-SPAN’s Washington Journal to speak with viewers about the President’s proposed Authorization for Use of Military Force (AUMF) to combat ISIS, which the Administration released today. The request comes a day after Administration officials confirmed the death of Arizona native Kayla Mueller at the hands of ISIS. Members of the Arizona Congressional delegation led a moment of silence today on the House floor in honor of Kayla, seen HERE. Rep. McSally’s comments on the proposed AUMF, HERE
· The Paradise Republican Women will gather for dinner at the AZ Federation of Republican Women meeting in Tucson on Fri, Feb17. Members should contact Barb McMullen if going to Tucson and want to join them.
· Congressman Paul Gosar was on the Mike Broomhead Show this morning at KFYI 550AM.
· The Paradise Republican Women’s ‘Women To Women Conversations Tour’ will be conducted from 5:30-7 pm, Thurs., March 12 at the Embassy Suites, 2630 E Camelback Rd., Phx. Speakers include US Reps Martha McSally, Susan Brooks (IN) and Renee Ellmers (NC). Lisa Atkins is the moderator. This is the first Women 2 Women Conversation Tour designed to bring female voters together to discuss issues of concern. Free admission, Coctails and light refreshments will be served. RSVP: www.mainstreetadvocacy.com/women/. Copy your RSVP to Jane Lynch (email@example.com) who will follow-up with you closer to the event
· Gov Doug Ducey Held His Second Tele-Town Hall this evening with new Arizona Department of Child Safety (DCS) director Greg McKay and House Rep Kate Brophy McGee addressing the administration's efforts to Arizona’s child safety system.Contact Annie Dockendorff at firstname.lastname@example.org
· Republican National Committee Chairman Reince Priebus issued the following statement today after the new Republican-led Congress passed Keystone XL pipeline legislation: “Today Republicans in Congress showed President Obama and liberal Democrats in Washington how to get things done. By passing legislation to approve the Keystone Pipeline, we’re helping Americans get back to work. There is no excuse for the Obama Administration to continue their politically-motivated opposition to this bipartisan legislation. President Obama is the only thing standing between good jobs and the Americans who need them. This project would create thousands of jobs while increasing the supply of North American energy. President Obama should drop his veto threat immediately, and his heir apparent Hillary Clinton should come out of hiding and take a position on this important issue.”
· Independents Participation In Primaries Continues To Grow, according to immediate past Maricopa County Republicans Chairman A J LaFaro. Arizona’s total voter rolls increased by about 11,000 – pretty much all of them independents – to roughly 3.25 million people since November 2014, the Secretary Of State’s office reported last week. Independents held on as the largest bloc with 1.17 million voters, followed by Republicans at 1.1 million and Democrats at about 934,000. Meanwhile, Republican voters lost roughly 1,000 since November, while Democrats’ number tumbled by about 2,500 voters. In contrast, the Libertarian Party grew by about 100 voters and now has 26,700 members. The Green Party has 5,051 active voters as of January, and the Americans Elect party has 461, LaFaro said.
· The Arizona Teenage Republicans Annual Banquet is scheduled at 7 pm, May 9 at the Scottsdale Plaza Resort. Details tba.
· The Sun City Grand Republican Interest Group will meet at 9 am, Sat., Feb 28 in the Hopi Room at the Chaparral Center, 19781 N. Remington Dr. Surprise 85374. Free admission. 8:30 am coffee/light refreshments. Speaker Carl Goldberg will make a presentation on Islam as Ideology entitled ‘What Non-Moslems need to know about Islam and Why.’ See www.grandpop.com Contact Ginny Nyre, President at 623-544-7187 or Ruth Seiter, Vice President, Programs at 623-544-9309.
· Ribbon Cutting For The 1000-Yard New Range Building will be held at 9 am, Sat., Feb 14 at the Ben Avery Shooting Range, 4044 W. Black Canyon Blvd., Phx., 85086. Pursuant to ARS 38-431.02 a quorum of the Arizona Game and Fish Commission and attend and participate in the ribbon cutting ceremony. No legal action will be taken.
· The Pima County Tea Party Patriots will feature retired Border Patrolman Zack Taylor at 6 pm., Thur., Feb 12 in the Oro Valley Library. Taylor will address the current situation on the Arizona/Mexican border. No admission. Zack Taylor On The Border Between USA/MX Editor’s Note: Zack Taylor’s presentation are a real eye opener on the realities of what has been and still is going on along our southern border.
· LD17 Will Host A Voter Registration Tent at the Ostrich Festival the evenings of March 13 and 14, plus all day March 15.
· Jose Barrajero's AZRRT Call to Action Barrajero’s updates on current legislation that needs attention.
· As Part Of The Coconino County Republicans Lincoln Day Fundraiser, Canyoneers, Inc. will be selling drawing tickets for a 7 day, 6 night full motorized Grand Canyon River trip. Tickets: $10 each, will be sold before, during and after the dinner. The drawing will be held as soon as 200 tickets are sold. Raffle tickets: Send a check payable to CCRC c/o Treasurer Dan Edel at 3120 West Tami lane, Flagstaff, AZ 86001. Include name and phone number of purchaser so winner can be contacted. Tickets will be mailed to out of town purchasers once payment is received. Contact: Chr Joan Harris 928-226-0502.
· The Paradise Republican Women’s Club member turning in the most US Flag pictures will win a $150 gift basket. In addition to pictures of flags being flown on homes and businesses, flag bumper stickers and flag logos on apparel and accessories are also eligible. There will be prizes for runner ups as I get more donations. PRWC will award certificates to our favorite businesses and private patriots in appreciation of their display of Americanism and their love of this country. The contest will end at the PRWC meeting nearest to the Fourth of July. Send pictures to email@example.com. Be sure to enter "Flag Contest on the subject line for it to be opened.
· LD17 Is Planning An April 25 ‘Magic Show Fundraiser with magician Craig Davis and his Circus of Illusion starting at 7 pm. Details tba.
· Fred Taylor’ Family Health Talk Show will feature a discussion on “Medicare Targeting Ethnic Minority Seniors And What We Need To Know About Measles.” Panelists include David Parra, Dr. Jefferson Jon, Dr Tuirsha’ Hamilton, Lois Owens, Dr Adiana Perez, Dr Valentia Khoury and Taylor, who is the executive director of the SW Prostate Cancer Foundation. The show can be heard at 10 am, Thur., Feb 12 on KXXT 1010AM. Call in 602-977-1010. www.familyvaluesradio1010.com
· LD17 Will Meet At 7 PM., Tues., Feb 24 at the Tri-City Baptist Church Seminary Bldg, 2211 W Germann Road., Chandler, AZ. Speakers: Supt of Public Instruction Diane Douglas and Sen Kelli Ward from Lake Havasu. Mayor Jay Tibshraeny will swear in the State Committeemen. The agenda will be released a week prior to the meeting. Congressman Matt Salmon will speak at the March mtg. Contact: Robin Finlinson, Cor Sec firstname.lastname@example.org
The Daisy Mountain Tea Party Patriots will meet at 6:30 pm, Feb 17 (1st and 3rd Tues) in the Anthem Civic Bldg, 3701 W Anthem Way, Anthem, AZ 85086. Contact: Chr Vera Anderson 602-821-4675 email@example.com http://www.daisymountainteapartypatriots.com/index.html
· Volunteers Are Needed By Peoria City Council Candidate Ben Toma to help his campaign for the election that was delayed in August to March 2015 because of a mix-up with ballots. Toma needs help prior to the Feb 12 early ballot mail out. Volunteers are needed to drop flyers, knock on doors and phone banking. Contact: Barbara Wylie Pecora at barbarawpecora@hotmail. com (602-999-7445) or Corky Haynes at firstname.lastname@example.org (623-518-3752).
· Colorado River Tea Party-Yuma Chairman Sally Kizer is looking for four or five volunteers to ride on the club float in the Feb 14 Silver Spur Rodeo & Parade. Contact Sally at 928-210-1219.
· The Arizona Chapter Of Americans For Prosperity Foundation (AFPF-Arizona) is launching a long-term program - the Liberty and Prosperity Initiative -- to bring promising college and high school students into the free-market movement, educate them on the basic principles of a free society, and train them to engage in grassroots activism. Interested students should contact Ms Tyler DiGrazia at email@example.com before Feb 20 to obtain an application form. Space is limited. LEARN MORE. Contact AZ ARP Director Tom Jenney firstname.lastname@example.org
· Call The White House 202-456-1111 Comments. Switchboard: 202-456-1414. Contact Senate https://www.senate.gov/ or Representatives http://www.house.gov/ Let them know how you feel. Hold their feet to the fire. They wanted these positions so badly, hold them accountable. Arizona delegation phone numbers:
· Maricopa County Republican (MCR) Officers For 2015-16:
ü Chairman – Tyler Bowyer (LD17)
Executive Director – April Riggins (LD23)
ü First Vice-Chairman – Jeni White (LD18)
ü Second Vice-Chairman – Aaron Borders (LD27)
ü Secretary – Matt Eberle
ü Treasurer – David Ludwig (LD24)
Director of Communications: Jake Hoffman (LD-12).
Chaplain: Mark Spencer (LD-28)
Director of Finance: Shiree Verdone (LD-23)
Sergeant-at-Arms: Barbara Medal (LD-26)
Legal Counsel: Timothy La Sota
Chairman Emeritus - A. J. LaFaro
· AZGOP officers for 2015-2016:
ü Chairman Robert Graham
ü 1 Vice Chair Parralee Schneider
ü 2 VC Gabby Saucedo-Mercer
ü Secretary Linda White
ü Treasurer Jonathon Lines
CALENDAR OF EVENTS
Border Patrol Officer Zack Taylor address “Update On Border Issues” at 6 pm., Thur., Feb 12 at the Pima County Tea Party Patriots meeting in the Oro Valley Public Library. See Let's close the swinging gate
FRIDAY, FEBRUARY 13
· The Sahuarita Tea Party Patriots will meet at 6:30 pm., Feb 13 (2nd Tues) to hear Constitutionals Jeff Usch at the Triple Play in Sahuarita (Duval Mine road I-19 exit).
Former New York Mayor Rudy Giuliana, Former Chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff Gen Hugh Shelton and moderator former White House Director of Public Liaison Linda Chavez are coming to Phoenix to present “Countering Islamic Fundamentalism, Nuclear-Armed Iran” at 3:30 pm., Fri., Feb 13 in the Ballroom at the Sheraton Phoenix Downtown Hotel, 340 North 3rd St., Phoenix, AZ 85004. The event is sponsored by the The Iranian American Community of Arizona (www.iacaz.org). Free parking. RSVP: email@example.com
· The Colorado River Tea Party – Yuma will meet Friday afternoon, Feb. 13 to decorate a float for the 9 am, Sat. Feb 14 Silver Spur Rodeo Parade. firstname.lastname@example.org
SATURDAY, FEBRUARY 14
· The YAVGOP Lincoln/Reagan Dinner scheduled for Feb 14 has been CHANGED to March 21 at the Prescott Resort. The cost is $65 per person.
· The Paradise Republican Women will hear Author Loren Spivak make the case that capitalism is the victim of environmental extremists who destroy prosperity without achieving even their own goals. He is the author of "Free Market Warrior" and "The Gorax." He will address the group at 11 am, Sat., Feb 14 at Gainey Ranch Golf Club, 7600 E Gainey Club Drive, Scottsdale, AZ 85258. 10:30 am social. $30 per person. Reservation required by Thur., Feb 12.
· The Arizona Republican Assembly (AzRA) will meet at 12:30 pm., Sat., Feb 14
in the Devonshire Center, 2802 E Devonshire St., Phx. 85016 Devonshire is one block N of Indian School Rd, one mile E of SR51. The group’s goal is to replace RINO's in key positions with Republicans who support the Republican Platform and the US Constitution. With over 150 members, they hope to reach 200 members by the February meeting. Contact: AzRA President Thayer Verschoor 602-703-0266.
· Volunteers Are Needed to help decorate floats for the Sat., Feb 14 Silver Spur Rodeo and Parade is scheduled Sat., Feb 14. Float will be decorate on Feb. 13. email@example.com
MONDAY, FEBRUARY 16
The Embry Riddle College Republicans will meet with newly elected Maricopa County Republicans Chairman Tyler Bowyer at 7 pm., Feb 16 in the ERU-King Engineering Bldg. on the campus in Prescott. Contact: Joey Cilano firstname.lastname@example.org
Tuesday, February 17
The Coconino County Republican Committee Lincoln Day Dinner has been changed to Feb 17 at 6 pm., at the Double Tree Hotel by Hilton, 1175 W Rt 66, Flagstaff with speakers Gov Doug Ducey, Treasurer Jeff DeWit and Congressman Paul Gosar. Program remarks by Mayor Jerry Nabours and Councilman Jeff Orvits. Doors open to dinner attendees at 5:45 pm. Tickets $50 per person, at the door $60 each. Tables of 10 - $450. VIP reception at 5:30 pm, VIP tickets $100 each, includes table seating with one of the speakers. First come, first served. Platinum table sponsorships: $750 for table of 10, seating up front with dinner, VIP reception and photo ops. Limited seating. No host bar. Sent checks payable to CCRC and mail to CCRC Treasurer Dan Edel 3120 W Tami Lane, Flagstaff, AZ 86001. Personal checks only. Checks must be postmarked no later than Feb 11.Contact CCRC Chairman Joan Harris, 928-226-0502 email@example.com
· The Republican Women of Prescott will meet at 11:30 am, Feb 17 at the Prescott Resort, 1500 E. Hwy. 69, Prescott, AZ to hear Kris Paronto, co author of "13 hours: The Inside Account of What Really Happened in Benghazi" and Lisa Benson, Radio Talk Show Host and author on the "Benghazi Truth Tour". Cost: $18. Note: If you can't make the luncheon, there will be a more intimate dinner that evening also at the Resort. Cost $ 60. RSVP: Elsie Tyree, firstname.lastname@example.org, (928) 778-0235 or Pam Calhoon, email@example.com, (928) 778-7157.
· The Fountain Hills AZ Tea Party meets the (3rd Tues) Feb 17, at 6:30 pm., in the Fountain Hills Unified School District Learning Center, 16000 E Palisades Blvd. (Palisades Blvd. & Golden Eagle Blvd.). Speakers: Tom Jenney, the Executive Director of Americans for Prosperity - Arizona and Maricopa County Sheriff Joe Arpaio. Jenney will discuss pending and upcoming legislative issues and Sheriff Joe will offer his comments on the state of the rule of law in Arizona. Guests invited. Admission is free but donations to help offset expenses are welcome and appreciated. Contact: Richard Rutkowski firstname.lastname@example.org or www.fhteaparty.org
· Morning Scoop with the Capitol Times is hosting a panel discussion On “The Future Of Water In Arizona” at 7 am., Tues., Feb 17 at Alexi’s Grill, 3550 N Central Ave., #120, Phx. Registration 6:45 am. Panelists: Tom Buschatzke, Director, AZ Department of Water Resources; Joe Gysel, President, EPCOR Water (USA) Inc.; David Modeer, General Manager, Central Arizona Project; David Roberts, Senior Director Water Resource Management, SRP; Sarah Porter, Director, Kyl Center for Water Policy and Moderator: Jim Small, Arizona News Service Editor. Reservations required. Complimentary continental breakfast provided. Seating limited to 100. Sponsored by: SRP, CAP EPCOR and Curtis Goodwin Sullivan Udall & Schwab. Contact Tracy Keller 602- 889-7140 or email@example.com RSVP at http://morningscoopfutureofwater.eventbrite.com.
· House-Committee; Preserve-Lobbyist-Donation-Restrictions Lobbyists Still Can't Donate During Sessions
· SB1435Are our Republican Senators in the AZ state house trying to prevent the public access to what goes on behind the curtain?
· Arizona-Republican-Assembly Conservatives elect Conservatives
· AZGOP financial reports filed/ AZ Sec of State azsos.gov/cfs/FilerDetail
· FEC Filing Updated/Current AZGOP Financials Info CandidateCommitteeDetail.do?canId
· AZ Border Defenders Updated Daily
· Need2No Border News Watch
WAR ON WOMEN
JUDGE JEANINE PIRRO
DR BEN CARSON
· FBI-Has-Opened-Isis-Cases-In-49-US-States Director Says Intel-Gathering Restrictions Impeding Investigations
· At Stake In Immigration Debate: Billions Of $ The House’s Strategy Widens The Deficit By $7.5 Billion — And That's Just The Start.
· White House War Sales Pitch Runs Into Flak On Hill Senate Democrats Want Tougher Restrictions On Ground Troops, While Some Republicans Want Fewer.
COMMON CORE/AGENDA 21
· Group-Suing-For-Vacation-Funding-Records Michelle Not Happy