- ► March (22)
- ► February (28)
- ► January (31)
- ► December (29)
- ► November (30)
- ► October (31)
- ► September (32)
- ► August (31)
- ► July (31)
- ► June (30)
- ► May (30)
- ► April (30)
- ► March (31)
- ► February (28)
- ► January (31)
- ► December (30)
- ► November (29)
- ► October (31)
- ► September (29)
- ► August (32)
- ► July (25)
- ► June (21)
- ► May (31)
- ► April (30)
- ► March (30)
- ▼ February (29)
- ► January (31)
- ► December (28)
- ► November (30)
- ► October (32)
- ► September (29)
- ► August (32)
- ► July (31)
- ► June (27)
- ► May (31)
- ► April (36)
- ► March (42)
- ► February (35)
- ► January (34)
- ► December (39)
- ► November (35)
- ► October (42)
- ► September (37)
- ► August (35)
- ► July (37)
- ► June (37)
- ► May (21)
- ► April (33)
- ► March (39)
- ► February (36)
- ► January (38)
- ► December (39)
- ► November (32)
- ► October (37)
- ► September (39)
- ► August (42)
Briefs Editor Frosty Taylor firstname.lastname@example.org
Web Master John Strasser
Monday, February 16, 2015 - PRESIDENTS DAY
· Federal-Judge-Temporarily-Blocks-Obama-Immigration-Executive-Action A federal judge has granted a request by 26 states to temporarily block President Obama's executive action on illegal immigration, allowing a lawsuit aimed at permanently stopping the orders to make its way through the courts.
· Republican National Committee (RNC) Chairman Reince Priebus and Co-Chairman Sharon Day commemorating Presidents Day: “On Presidents Day, we honor the birthday of our first president, George Washington, and we celebrate the birthday of our first Republican president, Abraham Lincoln,” said Priebus. “Their steady leadership has been a shining example for their successors to follow. We remember Washington for his selflessness and sacrifice at the birth of our nation. We pay tribute to Lincoln for saving our United States. During this holiday, we also remember all those who have served as president, guiding our country through times of war and times of peace, times of prosperity and times of economic difficulty. Another presidential election is already upon us, and the American people will be looking for a leader who respects the president’s role under our Constitution, who offers fresh ideas for our country, and who respects the will of the people. I’m confident our eventual Republican nominee will be exactly that sort of leader.”
“February is also the birth month of President Ronald Reagan, and we’ve celebrated his birthday as well,” said Day. “His leadership at home and abroad has earned him a special place in our history.As we remember all our presidents, it is my prayer that future Commanders-in-Chief will turn to the examples set by Washington and Lincoln for inspiration and guidance.”
· LD-25 Will Be Meeting At 7 PM, Thurs., Feb 19 at the Mesa Utilities Building 640 N. Mesa Dr. The scheduled speakers are Lilia Dashevsky, Arizona TeenAge Republicans (TARS) chairman , Steve Churci, Maricopa County Board of Supervisors chairman and Rep Justin Olson, State House Appropriations Committee chairman. Contact: Chr Ian Murray Ian@designedforlife.com Cell 1 (602) 524-7786.
· Jose Barrajero's AZRRT-Call-To-Action-And-Result-Of-Recent-Votes-150213-2005 Barrajero’s updates on current legislation that needs attention. This link is time sensitive and will change every week.
· Updates On AZ Firearms Bills: See AzCDL www.azcdl.org/html/bill_tracking
Latest Actions On Bills: www.azleg.gov
· To Check On How Your US And State Elected Officials Have Voted on issues of concern to you go to: http://votesmart.org/issues
· Maricopa County Republicans Chairman Tyler Bowyer says the Lincoln Day event will be held in late March or early April. As soon as they have a date and location locked in, Executive Director April Riggins will be announcing the details.
Tea Party Patriots Will Be Hosting Legislative Updates at 1 pm every Monday that Congress is in session, Legislative Consultant Bill Pascoe will cut through all the muck, mire and political spin to give you pertinent, up-to-date information on what is happening in Washington and how you can take action. Update: 1 pm, Monday EST. register
· The Pima County Board of Supervisors will declare Pima County a Zero Tolerance Human Trafficking zone at the9 am., Feb 17 Board meeting. Supervisor Ally Miller, District 1, submitted the item to the Clerk of the Board’s office following her attendance at a Human Trafficking Forum led by Congresswoman Martha McSally. The forum, held a few weeks ago, was an event for local leaders to discuss the growing issue of Human Trafficking in Southern Arizona. McSally, who has been vocal about the issue and is supporting current Human Trafficking legislation in Congress, is scheduled to attend the Tuesday meeting and join Miller, law enforcement, and various non-profit members to show a united front on the importance of addressing this increasing problem in Southern Arizona.
“I was grateful that Congresswoman McSally contacted me to be a part of her roundtable discussion which also included State Representative Victoria Steele and Tucson City Councilman Steve Kozachik. The FBI has stated that Sex Trafficking is the fastest-growing business of organized crime and here in Southern Arizona we lack significant resources to identify and assist victims and we need to do more to prevent trafficking from occurring”. Miller went on to say, “That starts with educating the public, schools and law enforcement and with the Congresswoman bringing all of us to the table to discuss this issue, we can work on addressing this at the local, State and Federal levels.”
Board Meetings are held on the 1st floor of the County Administration building, 130 W. Congress in downtown Tucson.
· Former NRA Chairman Sandy Froman will update the Pima County Republican Club on the NRA Convention at 11:30 a.m, Tues., Feb 17 at the Sabbar Shrine Temple, 450 S. Tucson Blvd, Tucson.
· Back By Popular Demand Abby Johnson, for Planned Parenthood director, will address the First Way Pregnancy Center at 10:30 am., Sat., March 7 in Gilbert. Tickets $7. Tickets: abby-johnson tickets
· The Eastside Republican Club will meet at 6:30 pm, Wed., Feb 18 to hear Arizona’s Republican National Committeeman Bruce Ash address “RNC and Plans for 2016: in the Golf Links Library Community Room, 9640 E Golf Links, Tucson.
· The Pinal County Republican Committee needs 22 volunteers to man a voter registration booth at the March 18-22 Pinal County Fairgrounds, 512 North 11 Mile Corner Road, Casa Grande, AZ 85194. If interested in participating Contact: Barb Manning
· Congressman Matt Salmon will be available to talk to constituents from 10 am-12:30 pm, Thurs., Feb 19 in his Gilbert office, 207 N. Gilbert Rd #209, Gilbert, AZ 85234. Call for appt at (480) 699-8239.
· Coconino County Republicans Lincoln Day Fundraiser: Drawing tickets for a 7 day, 6 night full motorized Grand Canyon River trip. The drawing will be held as soon as 200 tickets are sold. Raffle tickets $10 each : Send a check payable to CCRC c/o Treasurer Dan Edel at 3120 West Tami lane, Flagstaff, AZ 86001. Include name and phone number of purchaser so winner can be contacted. Tickets will be mailed to out of town purchasers once payment is received. Contact: Chr Joan Harris 928-226-0502. The dinner is at 6 pm., Feb 17 at the Double Tree Hotel by Hilton, 1175 W Rt 66, Flagstaff. See Calendar listing below.
· The City of Phoenix’s Youth and Education Office is now accepting applications for the 2015 Outstanding Young Man and Outstanding Young Woman awards. These awards recognize two outstanding high school students from each of the eight Phoenix city council districts. See phoenix.gov/news/education
· Volunteers as sought by the Pima GOP to assist with:
ü Lincoln Day Dinner set up and check-in.
ü Data processing.
ü Election 2015: Tucson City Council Races: Mayor, Council Seats in Wards 1, 2 and 4
ü Recruit candidates, campaign support staff and volunteers.
ü Answer phones, assist constituents and perform clerical tasks at Pima GOP Headquarters (2-4 hr, M-F)
Contact Pima GOP Headquarters at (520) 321-1492 or email@example.com
· The Paradise Republican Women’s Club member turning in the most US Flag pictures will win a $150 gift basket. The contest will end at the PRWC meeting nearest to the Fourth of July. Send pictures to firstname.lastname@example.org. Be sure to enter "Flag Contest on the subject line.
· The New Pima GOP Headquarters open house “Reveal” party is scheduled from 4-7 pm, Sat., March 7 at 17 W Wetmore Road, 4300, Tuscon.
· Call The White House 202-456-1111 Comments. Switchboard: 202-456-1414. Contact Senate https://www.senate.gov/ or Representatives http://www.house.gov/ Let them know how you feel. Hold their feet to the fire. They wanted these positions so badly, hold them accountable. Arizona delegation phone numbers:
CALENDAR OF EVENTS
Tuesday, February 17
The Coconino County Republican Committee Lincoln Day Dinner is Feb 17 at 6 pm., at the Double Tree Hotel by Hilton, 1175 W Rt 66, Flagstaff with speakers Gov Doug Ducey, Treasurer Jeff DeWit and Congressman Paul Gosar. Program remarks by Mayor Jerry Nabours and Councilman Jeff Orvits. Doors open to dinner attendees at 5:45 pm. Tickets $50 per person, at the door $60 each. Tables of 10 - $450. VIP reception at 5:30 pm, VIP tickets $100 each, includes table seating with one of the speakers. First come, first served. Platinum table sponsorships: $750 for table of 10, seating up front with dinner, VIP reception and photo ops. Limited seating. No host bar. Sent checks payable to CCRC and mail to CCRC Treasurer Dan Edel 3120 W Tami Lane, Flagstaff, AZ 86001. Personal checks only. Checks must be postmarked no later than Feb 11.Contact CCRC Chairman Joan Harris, 928-226-0502 email@example.com
· The Republican Women of Prescott will meet at 11:30 am, Feb 17 at the Prescott Resort, 1500 E. Hwy. 69, Prescott, AZ to hear Kris Paronto, co author of "13 hours: The Inside Account of What Really Happened in Benghazi" and Lisa Benson, Radio Talk Show Host and author on the "Benghazi Truth Tour". Cost: $18. Note: If you can't make the luncheon, there will be a more intimate dinner that evening also at the Resort. Cost $ 60. RSVP: Elsie Tyree, firstname.lastname@example.org, (928) 778-0235 or Pam Calhoon, email@example.com, (928) 778-7157.
· The Fountain Hills AZ Tea Party meets the (3rd Tues) Feb 17, at 6:30 pm., in the Fountain Hills Unified School District Learning Center, 16000 E Palisades Blvd. (Palisades Blvd. & Golden Eagle Blvd.). Speakers: Tom Jenney, the Executive Director of Americans for Prosperity - Arizona and Maricopa County Sheriff Joe Arpaio. Jenney will discuss pending and upcoming legislative issues and Sheriff Joe will offer his comments on the state of the rule of law in Arizona. Guests invited. Admission is free but donations to help offset expenses are welcome and appreciated. Contact: Richard Rutkowski firstname.lastname@example.org or www.fhteaparty.org
· The Paradise Republican Women will gather for dinner at the AZ Federation of Republican Women meeting in Tucson on Fri, Feb 17. Members should contact Barb McMullen if going to Tucson and want to join them.
· The Daisy Mountain Tea Party Patriots will meet at 6:30 pm, Feb 17 (1st and 3rd Tues) in the Anthem Civic Bldg, 3701 W Anthem Way, Anthem, AZ 85086. Contact: Chr Vera Anderson 602-821-4675 email@example.com http://www.daisymountainteapartypatriots.com/index.html
· Morning Scoop with the Capitol Times is hosting a panel discussion On “The Future Of Water In Arizona” at 7 am., Tues., Feb 17 at Alexi’s Grill, 3550 N Central Ave., #120, Phx. Registration 6:45 am. Panelists: Tom Buschatzke, Director, AZ Department of Water Resources; Joe Gysel, President, EPCOR Water (USA) Inc.; David Modeer, General Manager, Central Arizona Project; David Roberts, Senior Director Water Resource Management, SRP; Sarah Porter, Director, Kyl Center for Water Policy and Moderator: Jim Small, Arizona News Service Editor. Reservations required. Complimentary continental breakfast provided. Seating limited to 100. Sponsored by: SRP, CAP EPCOR and Curtis Goodwin Sullivan Udall & Schwab. Contact Tracy Keller 602- 889-7140 or firstname.lastname@example.org RSVP at http://morningscoopfutureofwater.eventbrite.com.
WEDNESDAY, FEBRUARY 18
· Secretary of State Michele Reagan will address the Arizona Republican Lawyers Association luncheon at 11:45 am, Wed., Feb 18 at Snell & Wilmer , 400 E. Van Buren, Ste. 1900, Phx. $20 for members, $35 for non-members (payment at the door). RSVP to email@example.com.
· The Palo Verde Republican Women will meet for lunch at 11:30 am., Feb 18 at the Grayhawk Golf Club, 8620 East Thompson Peak Parkway, Scottsdale. Speaker Charles James, an Adjunct Law Professor at ASU and former Assistant Attorney General serving in the Department of Justice during George H.W. Bush and George W. Bush administrations , will address “Federalism in America” today. Social 11 am. Lunch is $25. To RSVP contact Edith, firstname.lastname@example.org or call 480-298-7818 (c).
THURSDAY, FEBRUARY FEB 19
· LD 24 - 3rd Thursday . 6:30 sign-in. 7 pm mtg. Agenda: Setting a vision/mission for LD24. Speaker: RPMC Chairman Tyler Bowyer. AZ GOP Headquarters, 3501 N 24th St., Phoenix, Az . Chr Ken Bennett . Contact: Carole Joyce email@example.com
· The Tempe Republican Meet Up is scheduled at 6:30 pm., Feb 19 at the Boulders on Broadway, 530 West Broadway Road, Tempe, AZ 85282. First Republican Meetup in Tempe. No admission. No speakers. Just food, fun, and friends. Invite your family and neighbors.
· The Maricopa Republicans and Patriots will meet at 7 pm., Thurs., Feb 19 at the Maricopa Community Church Located at 44977 W Hathaway Ave, Maricopa, AZ 85139. PCRC Chair Irene Littleton will update the group on current events.
· TARS-Maricopa Teenage Republicans - Maricopa, AZ will meet at 6:30 pm, Thurs., Feb 19 at the at the Maricopa Community Church, 44977 W. Hathaway Ave. 85139. http://www.teenagerepublicans.org/constitution_page
The Colorado River Tea Party – Yuma potluck will begin at 6 pm Thurs, Feb. 19 at the Community Christian Church, 6480 E. Hwy 95 in last building behind church. featuring LD13 Rep Darin Mitchell who will discuss the latest developments at the legislators, at the Christian Church, 6480 E Hwy 95 (last bldg. behind the church). Contact: www.coloradoriverteaparty.org Chr Sally Kizer 928-210-1219. firstname.lastname@example.org
Friday, February 20
· Volunteers Are Needed To Assist At The Fountain Hills Republican Club/LD23 Voter Registration and Outreach Booth during the Feb 20-22 Fountain Hills Great Fair. To volunteer: FHRepublican@gmail.com. Specify preferred times or times that you are not available. Or call 480 588-7612 (leave a message if no answer).
· The Las Fuentes Village Forum is scheduled at 3 pm., Feb 20 at 1045 Scott Dr. Prescott, AZ . Spkr: Mr Henry Hash, Prescott Public Works Dir. on "Prescott Budget" . Contact Jacquie Auwarter 928 776 7453.
· “McCain 2016” Fundraiser featuring Sen John McCain and IA Sen Joni Ernst at 11:30 am, Fri., Feb 20 at The Phoenician, 6000 E Camelback Road, Scottsdale. VIP photo op at 11 am. Host Committee: $10,000. VIP Table Sponsor: $5,000. Table Host: $2,000. VIP Ticket: $500 per person. Lunch Ticket: $200 per person. The re-election campaign fundraiser is hosted by Martha McSally, Angela Ducey, Cheryl Flake, Cindy McCain, co-chairs Deb Gullett and Jackie Norton.
SATURDAY, FEBRUARY 21
· Tempe Republican Women’s Door to Door Canvass is scheduled at 10:30 am., Feb. 21 starting at the Dunkin Donuts on Warner/McClintock where participants can pick up volunteer t-shirts, maps, and walking lists.
· Young Americans for Liberty extends an invitation to the general public to attend their first Arizona State Convention in Discovery Hall at Arizona State University in Tempe on Sat., Feb 21. Political campaign training by the Foundation for Applied Conservative Leadership (FACL) will take place from 9 am to 1 pm. A Liberty Symposium will take place from 2 - 7 pm, featuring Barry Goldwater, Jr., author Jack Hunter, Congressman David Schweikert, State Senator Kelli Ward, State Rep Warren Petersen, MCRC Chairman Tyler Bowyer and Americans for Prosperity Leader Tom Jenney. Registration is free for YAL members, or $25 for the general public. Register : http://www.yaliberty.org/convention/state/2015/az Contact email@example.com with any questions. Events sponsors include FreedomWorks, Campaign for Liberty, Leadership Institute, Students for Liberty, Charles Koch Institute, Tea Party Patriots, CATO Institute, FEE and the Heritage Foundation.
· The Republican Club Green Valley/Sahuarita Lincoln‐Reagan Luncheon is scheduled at noon, Sat., Feb 21 at the Quail Creek Madera Clubhouse Ballroom. Doors open at 11:30 am. Lunch at noon. National Conservative Commentator Bill Whittle is the speaker. Reservations required by Feb. 10. Individual ticket $45. Table of 10 $450. Make checks out to RCGVS and mail to RCGVS, P.O. Box 831, Green Valley AZ 85622 by Feb 10. Contact: Joey 203‐7750 or Vinnie 907‐3367 or Kay 904‐9103.
· The Pinal County Republicans Lincoln Luncheon is scheduled Feb 21 in the Property Conference Center, 1251 W Gila Bend Hwy, Casa Grande, AZ 85193. Program begins at 10:30 am featuring Congressman Paul Gosar, Sen Jeff Flake and AZTARS Chairman Lilia Dashvesky. Tickets $40 each or $75 per couple. If purchased before Jan 31 you will receive five raffle tickets when you check in the day of the event. Tickets http://pinalcountrygop.com/ PCRC #4 Chr Vince Manfredi 602-373-9996.
· LD 2 Will Host A CO$T Convention Of The States Teens presentation at 10 am, Fri, Feb 21 at the Quail Creek Madera Clubhouse, 2055 E Quail Crossing Blvd, Green Valley. http://ld2.arizonagop.net/
· Gun Rights Across America And Riders USA are hosting the Third Guns Across America Rally to say, "Celebrate the 2nd (Amendment) " on Feb 21 at the Arizona State Capitol from noon until 2 pm. Celebrate our 2nd Amendment right to keep and bear arms. They have a line up of speakers, vendors, raffles and more. See https://www.facebook.com/events/801754619911373
MONDAY, FEBRUARY 23
· The Fountain Hills Republican Club has announced that Sheriff Joe Arpaio will be the keynote speaker at its February 28th meeting and that AZ Attorney General
· The Tempe Republican Women will meet at 6:30 pm, Mon., Feb 23 at the Pyle Rec Center, 655 E Southern, Tempe with newly elected Maricopa GOP Chairman Tyler Bowyer and immediate past Maricopa GOP Chairman A J LaFaro to address closing Arizona primaries and ballot harvesting.
· Nick Dranias Testifies Before The AZ House Federalism Committee (Testimony Video)
· SNL-Stars-Newest: 'Muslim-In-White-House' Victoria Jackson's Tune To Send 'Politically Correct' Into Frenzy
· Breitbart Covers AZ’s Education Hostilities Dots Lead Back To McCain
· SB1435 Lawmakers-Want-To-Keep-Government-Secret
· AZ Border Defenders Updated Daily
· Need2No Border News Watch
· A Word About Warning Shots Not A Good Idea
BILL AND HILLARY