- ► March (22)
- ► February (28)
- ► January (31)
- ► December (29)
- ► November (30)
- ► October (31)
- ► September (32)
- ► August (31)
- ► July (31)
- ► June (30)
- ► May (30)
- ► April (30)
- ► March (31)
- ► February (28)
- ► January (31)
- ► December (30)
- ► November (29)
- ► October (31)
- ► September (29)
- ► August (32)
- ► July (25)
- ► June (21)
- ► May (31)
- ► April (30)
- ► March (30)
- ▼ February (29)
- ► January (31)
- ► December (28)
- ► November (30)
- ► October (32)
- ► September (29)
- ► August (32)
- ► July (31)
- ► June (27)
- ► May (31)
- ► April (36)
- ► March (42)
- ► February (35)
- ► January (34)
- ► December (39)
- ► November (35)
- ► October (42)
- ► September (37)
- ► August (35)
- ► July (37)
- ► June (37)
- ► May (21)
- ► April (33)
- ► March (39)
- ► February (36)
- ► January (38)
- ► December (39)
- ► November (32)
- ► October (37)
- ► September (39)
- ► August (42)
Briefs Editor Frosty Taylor email@example.com
Web Master John Strasser
Wednesday, February 18, 2015
· Alex Meluskey Announces for US Senate: “I am running for the United Sates Senate in Arizona because as a citizen I am gravely concerned with the lack of direction, lack of principles and lack of citizen representation in our country. I am in a unique position which enables me to shift my business interests into the hands of others focusing my energies on giving others like me a voice I feel we do not have. I see too few leaders in Washington standing up for the people. The people deserve leaders who will be direct with where they stand on issues and what they plan to do. After that, the leaders must be accountable to their promises. I will be direct, I will be honest and I will be accountable to the people for my promises.”
Meluskey’s Concerns for Arizona
ü Governments Failure To Serve Our Veterans
ü The Ever Expanding Role And Size Of Government
ü The Struggles Of Small Business & American Workers
ü Failure Of Conservatives Reaching Out To Minority Communities
ü Viable Tax Reform That Eliminates The Internal Revenue Service
ü Border Security That Makes Sense
ü Immigration Policy That Streamlines The Process
ü The Second Amendment
ü Judeo-Christian Values
Meluskey is the owner of Optimum Graphics USA, LLD; is the Arizona Director of FairTax, and a Scottsdale area precinct committeeman. He and his wife Roberta of 20 years have two children. He earned a BA from TCNJ.
· Former State Legislator Lori Klein: “Alex Meluskey is the State Director of Arizonans for Fair Tax, which I started back in 2000. He is a man of integrity, vision and embraces our founder’s views of individual liberty, limited government and economic opportunity. Alex will be a breath of fresh air in Washington, and will be a citizen legislator who will represent us well. I think we are all tired of pandering politicians with their fingers in the wind making disastrous policies limiting our freedoms. Alex is all about solutions and standing up for what is right. He is a real Reagan conservative who is not for sale. He will fight for our Republican Platform values in Washington, and that is what we need—real men with guts and courage to speak the truth, standing for the principles that made this country great, allowing us to live the American Dream.”
· LD-25 Will Be Meeting At 7 PM, Thurs., Feb 19 at the Mesa Utilities Building 640 N. Mesa Dr. The scheduled speakers are Lilia Dashevsky, Arizona TeenAge Republicans (TARS) chairman , Steve Churci, Maricopa County Board of Supervisors chairman and Rep Justin Olson, State House Appropriations Committee chairman. Contact: Chr Ian Murray Ian@designedforlife.com Cell 1 (602) 524-7786.
· Moral Action Ministry Presents Author/Lecturer Patrick Wood on ‘Technocracy Rising: The Trojan horse of global transformation’ at 9:45 am, Sat., Feb 21 at the North Scottsdale Christian Church, 28700 North Pima Road, Scottsdale, AZ. 85266.
· Gov Doug Ducey has announced the appointment of Tim Jeffries as director of the Arizona Department of Economic Security (DES). Tim Jeffries is the founder of P7 Enterprises, an executive consulting firm providing support services to growth companies in various industries. Jeffries has led several global business optimization efforts at IHS, Inc., in Colorado, where he has served as senior vice president since 2009. Additional business experience includes serving as executive chairman for ChemResearch Company, Inc.; independent director for Merchants Information Solutions, Inc.; vice chairman of Mission Technology Group, Inc.; member of the board of directors for the Arizona Commerce Authority and the Arizona Chamber of Commerce and Industry; and more. He also has served as an executive of several high-tech companies in California, Colorado and Arizona.
· Condolences To The Family Of LD13 PC Bobbie Watts, who has passed away. Services will be held at 1:30 pm, Feb 28 at St. Peters Episcopal Church in Litchfield Park. Friends say he possessed a great passion for family and country; and was always cheerful, witty and engaged.
· Yuma City Administrator Greg Wilkerson will fill in for LD13 Rep Darin Mitchell, who had to cancel out of the Colorado River Tea Party pot luck dinner scheduled tomorrow evening in Yuma. Mitchell had commitments at the legislature that prevented him from traveling to Yuma tomorrow afternoon/evening. He hopes to reschedule a meeting with the Yuma Patriots on March 5. Wilkerson will address the Yuma ballpark conversion to soccer fields. The pot luck is still on for Thursday evening. Contact: Sally at 928-210-1219 .
· Today, Congressman Paul A. Gosar after sending a letter with 24 cosigners asking President Obama not to unilaterally designate 1.7 million acres in the Grand Canyon Watershed as a National Monument: “Extremist environmental organizations, including the Sierra Club and the Center for Biological Diversity, have been pushing for the president to circumvent Congress and make a new 1.7 million acre designation using the Antiquities Act in the Grand Canyon Watershed. The real intentions of these shortsighted, self-interest groups are clear: they want this designation to prevent energy development, timber harvesting, grazing, mining and different types of recreation on this massive swath of land. Click HERE to read the full letter to President Obama from Congressman Gosar and his colleagues.
· Southern Arizona Congresswoman Martha McSally is busy.
ü Over the weekend she met with Cochise County ranchers to hear of their border concerns. She also visited Grace Temple Bapist Church in Tucson.
ü On Monday, she had a town hall at the Golden Eagle Distributors in Tucson, met with Uof A President Ann Hart, United Way President Tony Penn and Tucson Mayor Jonathan Rothschild.
ü Tuesday, she joined local elected officials and law enforcement to formally declare Pima County a “Zero Tolerance Human Trafficking Zone.” She meet with Southern Arizona VA Hospital officials on emerging issues related to providing care to local veterans. She spoke with graduates of the Military Intelligence Basic Officer Leadership Course at Fort Huachuca and met with Fort leaders to discuss new developments at the Fort and updates related to Fort’s missions.
ü Wednesday: She will tour the Pima Emergency Community Operations Center. She chairs the Emergency Preparedness, Response, and Communications subcommittee in Congress.
ü Thursday: McSally will tour the Apache Generating Station in Cochise County and speak with plant officials about the impact of federal energy mandates on plant operations and residents in the area.
ü Friday, she will take part in the dedication of a new art installation housed at the Cox Communication offices in Tucson recognizing Black History Month.
ü Over the weekend, McSally will take part in the Vail Pride Day Awards Ceremony - a two-day event at the Pima County Fair Grounds celebrating the achievements of students in the Vail School District.
· Volunteers are needed for the LD17 voter registration tent during the Ostrich Festival the evenings of March 13 and 14 and the morning and afternoon of the 15th.
· The Eastside Republican Club will meet at 6:30 pm, Wed., Feb 18 to hear Arizona’s Republican National Committeeman Bruce Ash address “RNC and Plans for 2016: in the Golf Links Library Community Room, 9640 E Golf Links, Tucson.
· The Pinal County Republican Committee needs 22 volunteers to man a voter registration booth at the March 18-22 Pinal County Fairgrounds, 512 North 11 Mile Corner Road, Casa Grande, AZ 85194. If interested in participating Contact: Barb Manning
· Congressman Matt Salmon will be available to talk to constituents from 10 am-12:30 pm, Thurs., Feb 19 in his Gilbert office, 207 N. Gilbert Rd #209, Gilbert, AZ 85234. Call for appt at (480) 699-8239.
· The AZ Heroes To Hometowns “Salute A Soldier 5K” is scheduled Sat., March 21 starting at Freestone Park, 1045 E Juniper, Gilbert. Enter now for the $10 discounted registrations fees to the 5K run/1mile walk. COST: $40 5K RUN or $25 1 MILE WALK (family rates available). Race ceremonies start promptly at 7:45 am. The 1 mile walk starts at 8 am, followed by the 5K run at 8:20am. Registration: Account on http://www.active.com/gilbert-az/running/races/salute-a-soldier-5k-2015?int= use discount code SAS10 until Feb 28th to receive $10 off the 5K. Military member/veterans use code MIL05 for $5 off the military rate, or go to website www.AZHeroestoHometowns.org fill out the registration and use PayPal. Contact: www.AZHeroestoHometowns.org for information or sponsorship or Kathy Pearce firstname.lastname@example.org or 480-330-1632. Other discounts:
ü Feb 1 – 28: use discount code SAS10 for $10 off the 5K Run.
ü Mar 1 - Mar 19 use discount code SAS05 for $5 off the 5K Run.
ü Military discounts: Feb 1 -Mar 19 use discount code MIL05 for $5 off the military rate for 5K Run
ü Discounts will not be honored after the expiration date.
· The Arrowhead Republican Women’s “Diamonds Are A Girls Best Friend’ fundraiser luncheon/fashion show is scheduled at noon, Sat., March 21. Doors open at 11 am for shopping and socializing at the Briarwood Country Club, 20800 135th Ave., Sun City West, AZ. Raffles, entertainment, prizes and vendors offering specialty items. Special guests include Former State Attorney General Tom Horne, Senats Debbie Lesko and Judy Burges, Reps David Livingston and Phil Lovas. $35 each. RSVP: Contact Judi Bourd: 623-433-9449 or Jacky Oh: 602-481-0751.
· The Charter Meeting Of The Republican Women Of San Tan Valley (RWSTV) is scheduled at 6 pm., March 5 at the Terrace at Johnson Ranch, 30761 Golf Club Dr., San Tan Valley, AZ 85413. RWSTV will be an affiliate of the AZ Federation or Republican Women and the National Federation of Republican Women, NFRW; the largest women's organization in the country after it is approved at the March 11 AzFRW board meeting. Contact: Teri Grier email@example.com
The First Women 2 Woman Conversations Tour is scheduled at 5:30 pm, Thur., March 12 at the Embassy Suites Camelback, 2630 E Camelback road., Phx. Sponsored by Main Street Advocacy and is an effort to bring together female voters to discuss issues of concern and importance to them. Speakers include Rep. Renee Ellmers (NC) and Rep. Martha McSally (AZ). Lisa Atkins will serve as moderator. Free admission, cocktails and light refreshments. Space limited RSVP: MainStreetAdvocacy.com/women. Contact: Jane Lynch firstname.lastname@example.org
· Jose Barrajero's AZRRT-Call-To-Action-And-Result-Of-Recent-Votes-150213-2005 Barrajero’s updates on current legislation that needs attention. This link is time sensitive and will change every week.
· Updates On AZ Firearms Bills: See AzCDL www.azcdl.org/html/bill_tracking
Latest Actions On Bills: www.azleg.gov
· The New Pima GOP Headquarters open house “Reveal” party is scheduled from 4-7 pm, Sat., March 7 at 17 W Wetmore Road, 4300, Tuscon.
· Call The White House 202-456-1111 Comments. Switchboard: 202-456-1414. Contact Senate https://www.senate.gov/ or Representatives http://www.house.gov/ Let them know how you feel. Hold their feet to the fire. They wanted these positions so badly, hold them accountable. Arizona delegation phone numbers:
CALENDAR OF EVENTS
THURSDAY, FEBRUARY FEB 19
· LD 24 - 3rd Thursday . 6:30 sign-in. 7 pm mtg. Agenda: Setting a vision/mission for LD24. Speaker: RPMC Chairman Tyler Bowyer. AZ GOP Headquarters, 3501 N 24th St., Phoenix, Az . Chr Ken Bennett . Contact: Carole Joyce email@example.com
· LD-25 - 3rd Thur - 7 pm, Thurs. at the Mesa Utilities Building 640 N. Mesa Dr. Speakers are Lilia Dashevsky, Arizona TeenAge Republicans (TARS) chairman , Steve Churci, Maricopa County Board of Supervisors chairman and Rep Justin Olson, State House Appropriations Committee chairman. Contact: Chr Ian Murray Ian@designedforlife.com Cell 1 (602) 524-7786.
· The Tempe Republican Meet Up is scheduled at 6:30 pm., Feb 19 at the Boulders on Broadway, 530 West Broadway Road, Tempe, AZ 85282. First Republican Meetup in Tempe. No admission. No speakers. Just food, fun, and friends. Invite your family and neighbors.
· The Maricopa Republicans and Patriots will meet at 7 pm., Thurs., Feb 19 at the Maricopa Community Church Located at 44977 W Hathaway Ave, Maricopa, AZ 85139. PCRC Chair Irene Littleton will update the group on current events.
· TARS-Maricopa Teenage Republicans - Maricopa, AZ will meet at 6:30 pm, Thurs., Feb 19 at the at the Maricopa Community Church, 44977 W. Hathaway Ave. 85139. http://www.teenagerepublicans.org/constitution_page
The Colorado River Tea Party – Yuma potluck will begin at 6 pm Thurs, Feb. 19 at the Community Christian Church, 6480 E. Hwy 95 in last building behind church. featuring LD13 Rep Darin Mitchell who will discuss the latest developments at the legislators, at the Christian Church, 6480 E Hwy 95 (last bldg. behind the church). Contact: www.coloradoriverteaparty.org Chr Sally Kizer 928-210-1219. firstname.lastname@example.org
FRIDAY, FEBRUARY 20
· Volunteers Are Needed To Assist At The Fountain Hills Republican Club/LD23 Voter Registration and Outreach Booth during the Feb 20-22 Fountain Hills Great Fair. To volunteer: FHRepublican@gmail.com. Specify preferred times or times that you are not available. Or call 480 588-7612 (leave a message if no answer).
· The Las Fuentes Village Forum is scheduled at 3 pm., Feb 20 at 1045 Scott Dr. Prescott, AZ . Spkr: Mr Henry Hash, Prescott Public Works Dir. on "Prescott Budget" . Contact Jacquie Auwarter 928 776 7453.
· “McCain 2016” fundraiser featuring Sen John McCain and IA Sen Joni Ernst at 11:30 am, Fri., Feb 20 at The Phoenician, 6000 E Camelback Road, Scottsdale. VIP photo op at 11 am. Host Committee: $10,000. VIP Table Sponsor: $5,000. Table Host: $2,000. VIP Ticket: $500 per person. Lunch Ticket: $200 per person. The re-election campaign fundraiser is hosted by Martha McSally, Angela Ducey, Cheryl Flake, Cindy McCain, co-chairs Deb Gullett and Jackie Norton.
· The Fountain Hills Republican Club (FHRC) is sponsoring a voter registration and voter outreach booth at the Fountain Hills Great Fair this weekend - Fri, Feb 20 through Sun, Feb 22. Republican elected officers and potential candidates are invited to participate. Contact Sec Boe James email@example.com.
· The Fountain Hills Great Fair is scheduled from 10 am- 5 pm, Fri., Feb .20 - Sun., Feb 22 along Saguaro Blvd and Avenue of the Fountains. 500 vendors are participating in this event. VFW Post 7507 Beer Garden is serving brats, hot dogs, chili, beer, wine, water, soft drinks, mixed drinks and live music. Contact Boe James firstname.lastname@example.org
SATURDAY, FEBRUARY 21
· Tempe Republican Women’s Door to Door Canvass is scheduled at 10:30 am., Feb. 21 starting at the Dunkin Donuts on Warner/McClintock where participants can pick up volunteer t-shirts, maps, and walking lists.
· Young Americans for Liberty extends an invitation to the general public to attend their first Arizona State Convention in Discovery Hall at Arizona State University in Tempe on Sat., Feb 21. Political campaign training by the Foundation for Applied Conservative Leadership (FACL) will take place from 9 am to 1 pm. A Liberty Symposium will take place from 2 - 7 pm, featuring Barry Goldwater, Jr., author Jack Hunter, Congressman David Schweikert, State Senator Kelli Ward, State Rep Warren Petersen, MCRC Chairman Tyler Bowyer and Americans for Prosperity Leader Tom Jenney. Registration is free for YAL members, or $25 for the general public. Register : http://www.yaliberty.org/convention/state/2015/az Contact email@example.com with any questions. Events sponsors include FreedomWorks, Campaign for Liberty, Leadership Institute, Students for Liberty, Charles Koch Institute, Tea Party Patriots, CATO Institute, FEE and the Heritage Foundation.
· The Republican Club Green Valley/Sahuarita Lincoln‐Reagan Luncheon is scheduled at noon, Sat., Feb 21 at the Quail Creek Madera Clubhouse Ballroom. Doors open at 11:30 am. Lunch at noon. National Conservative Commentator Bill Whittle is the speaker. Reservations required by Feb. 10. Individual ticket $45. Table of 10 $450. Make checks out to RCGVS and mail to RCGVS, P.O. Box 831, Green Valley AZ 85622 by Feb 10. Contact: Joey 203‐7750 or Vinnie 907‐3367 or Kay 904‐9103.
· The Pinal County Republicans Lincoln Luncheon is scheduled Feb 21 in the Property Conference Center, 1251 W Gila Bend Hwy, Casa Grande, AZ 85193. Program begins at 10:30 am featuring Congressman Paul Gosar, Sen Jeff Flake and AZTARS Chairman Lilia Dashvesky. Tickets $40 each or $75 per couple. If purchased before Jan 31 you will receive five raffle tickets when you check in the day of the event. Tickets http://pinalcountrygop.com/ PCRC #4 Chr Vince Manfredi 602-373-9996.
· LD 2 Will Host A CO$T Convention Of The States Teens presentation at 10 am, Fri, Feb 21 at the Quail Creek Madera Clubhouse, 2055 E Quail Crossing Blvd, Green Valley. http://ld2.arizonagop.net/
· Gun Rights Across America And Riders USA are hosting the Third Guns Across America Rally to say, "Celebrate the 2nd (Amendment) " on Feb 21 at the Arizona State Capitol from noon until 2 pm. Celebrate our 2nd Amendment right to keep and bear arms. They have a line up of speakers, vendors, raffles and more. See https://www.facebook.com/events/801754619911373
MONDAY, FEBRUARY 23
· The Fountain Hills Republican Club has announced that Sheriff Joe Arpaio will be the keynote speaker at its February 28th meeting and that AZ Attorney General
· The Tempe Republican Women will meet at 6:30 pm, Mon., Feb 23 at the Pyle Rec Center, 655 E Southern, Tempe with newly elected Maricopa GOP Chairman Tyler Bowyer and immediate past Maricopa GOP Chairman A J LaFaro to address closing Arizona primaries and ballot harvesting.
TUESDAY, FEBRUARY 24
· The Yavapai Young Republicans meet at 6:30 pm, Feb 24 so hear Barry Denton address "Business and Politics." Order from menu. Contact: Matthew Perry at (928) 830-6115 or firstname.lastname@example.org
· Scottsdale Mayor W.J. “Jim” Lane will give the Annual State Of The City address at 12:30 pm., Tues, Feb. 24, at the Fairmont Scottsdale Princess (7575 E. Princess Drive). Reception at 11:30 a.m. Reception/lunch tickets $50 each with proceeds going to “Operation Fix it” – a program that assists homeowners or tenants who are physically or financially unable to maintain their properties. See Operation Fix It. RSVP : KKuester@scottsdaleaz.gov or 480-312-2466.
LD17 Will Meet At 7 PM., Tues., Feb 24 at the Tri-City Baptist Church Seminary Bldg, 2211 W Germann Road., Chandler, AZ. Speakers: Supt of Public Instruction Diane Douglas and Sen Kelli Ward. Mayor Jay Tibshraeny will swear in the State Committeemen. Congressman Matt Salmon will speak at the March mtg. Contact: Robin Finlinson, Cor Sec email@example.com
· 2015 Legislation Regarding The Transfer Of Public Lands American Lands Council See Http://Www.Americanlandscouncil.Org/
· Why Prison Inmates May Get Better Health Care Than You E J Montini
· Ducey-Douglas Rift Stoked By Lisa Graham Keegan Arizonans Need Score Card To Keep Track Of AZ Republic's Schizophrenic Coverage
· Breitbart Covers AZ’s Education Hostilities Dots Lead Back To John McCain
· Solution-To-Muslim-Terrorist: ‘Eye For An Eye’
· AZ Border Defenders Updated Daily
· Need2No Border News Watch
WAR ON WOMEN
JUDGE ANDREW NAPOLITANO
DR BEN CARSON
BILL AND HILLARY
· Here's The -Judge Who Said-Noto Obamas-Amnesty Yes, To Constitution
· At-The-Mall: Fierce-Black-Mob-Attacks After 900 Teens Storm Theater To See '50 Shades Of Grey'
SECRETARY OF STATE
· Obama Says Islamic State Has ‘Legitimate Grievances’
Revealed-Obama-Temper-Rages-At-Motherbleeper-Confidante President's Strategist Goes Public