- ► March (22)
- ► February (28)
- ► January (31)
- ► December (29)
- ► November (30)
- ► October (31)
- ► September (32)
- ► August (31)
- ► July (31)
- ► June (30)
- ► May (30)
- ► April (30)
- ► March (31)
- ► February (28)
- ► January (31)
- ► December (30)
- ► November (29)
- ► October (31)
- ► September (29)
- ► August (32)
- ► July (25)
- ► June (21)
- ► May (31)
- ► April (30)
- ► March (30)
- ▼ February (29)
- ► January (31)
- ► December (28)
- ► November (30)
- ► October (32)
- ► September (29)
- ► August (32)
- ► July (31)
- ► June (27)
- ► May (31)
- ► April (36)
- ► March (42)
- ► February (35)
- ► January (34)
- ► December (39)
- ► November (35)
- ► October (42)
- ► September (37)
- ► August (35)
- ► July (37)
- ► June (37)
- ► May (21)
- ► April (33)
- ► March (39)
- ► February (36)
- ► January (38)
- ► December (39)
- ► November (32)
- ► October (37)
- ► September (39)
- ► August (42)
Briefs Editor Frosty Taylor firstname.lastname@example.org
Web Master John Strasser
Saturday, February 21, 2015
· Legislative Dates To Remember:
ü March 20 - Last day for House consideration of Senate bills and Senate consideration of House bills. Bills Posted: 1138
ü April 17 - Last day for conference committees
· Jose Barrajero's AZRRT-call-to-action-and-weekly-report-150220-0510 This link is time sensitive and will change every week.
· Updates On AZ Firearms Bills: See AzCDL www.azcdl.org/html/bill_tracking
Latest Actions On Bills: www.azleg.gov
· The Sun City Grand Republican Interest Group will meet at 9 am, Sat, Feb 28, 2015 in the Apache Room in the Chaparral Center, 19781 N. Remington Dr. Surprise 85374. Dr. Carl Goldberg will make a presentation on Islam as Ideology entitled "What Non-Muslims Need To Know About Islam and Why". 8:30 am coffee/light refreshment. Contact: Ginny Nyre, President at 623-544-7187 or Ruth Seiter, Vice President, Programs at 623-544-9309. www.grandpop.com
· The Surprise Tea Party Patriots (1st Tues) will hear from Flat Tax expert Stephen C. Eldridge at the 6:30 pm., Tues., March 3 meeting scheduled om the Grand Canyon Rm at the Sun City W Foundation Plaza, 14465 WRH Johnson Blvd, Sun City West.
· The Pima County Republican Club Luncheon is scheduled at 11:30 am., Tues., Feb 24 at the Sabbar Shrine Temple, 450 S. Tucson Blvd, Tucson. Speaker Jon Riches of the Goldwater Institute will address “Litigating for Liberty: Protecting Taxpayers in Courtl”
· Immediate past chairman of the Maricopa County Republicans A J LaFaro will address the Surprise Tea Party Patriots at 6:30 pm., Tues., April 7 at the Sun City W Foundation Plaza, 14465 WRH Johnson Blvd, Sun City West.
· Constitution Classes will be offered between 3-5 pm., Feb 26 in the Desert View-Maraposa Room, 39900 S. Clubhouse Drive, Saddlebrooke in Tucson. Topic: “What is the Organizational Principle of the US Constitution. ” Contact Paul Parisi at paul@4Tucson.com to register.
· A Fellowship Breakfast is scheduled at 7 am., Fri., Feb 27 at the Viscount Suite Hotel, 4855 E. Broadway, Tucson. $20 mbrs/$25 non-mbrs. Speaker: Doug Meyer.
· The Pima County Republican Women’s Club luncheon starts at 11:30 a.m., Thurs., Feb 26 in the Old Pueblo Grille, 60 N. Alvernon, Tucson. Speaker: Deborah Brookshire, VA Hospital Volunteer Coordinator
· Applications Are Available To High School Age Girls interested in applying for an AzFRW Dodie Londen TARS Memorial Scholarship to spend a week in DC at the National TARS Leadership Conference. Tour DC. Meet Congressional leaders. http://www.azfrw.com/scholarships.html Application due April 25. Contact AzFRW Scholarship Committee TARS Coordinator Lori Oien, ( 520)-603-3006. 8161 E. Lee Street, Tucson, AZ 85715 email@example.com
· LD20 will meet at 7 pm., Mon., March 2 at the Washington School District Offices, 4650 W Sweetwater, Glendale. Contact: Chairman Ray Malnar, firstname.lastname@example.org.
· LD20 Has A Fundraiser Yard Sale coming up on March 7 in conjunction with the Moon Valley Neighborhood Sale at 14802 N Coral Gables Dr, Phx. LD20 needs donations and will pick them up. Contact: Chr Ray Malnar at 602-931-3408 or email@example.com.
· A US Constitution Class will be offered at 7 pm., Thurs., Feb 26 at the North Swan Baptist Church, 2727 N. Swan Road, Tucson. Topic: “The Role of Government” – Founders vs. Progressives. Contact Paul Parisi at paul@4Tucson.com to register.
· The Central Republican Women of Phoenix will meet at 6:15 pm., March 5 for dinner at the Hilton Garden Inn, 4000 N. Central, Phoenix. Social at 5:30 pm. $22 per dinner. RSVP: Tina Shaw firstname.lastname@example.org or 623-934-9730 no later than Sun, March 1. A reservation made is a reservation paid. Any cancellation must be received by Sunday, March 1st to avoid being charged. Contact info: email@example.com (602) 252-6300.
· Former Graham County Sheriff Richard Mack, who founded the Constitutional Sheriffs and Peace Officers Association, is recuperation from complications following a heart attack… he could use your financial help, along with your prayers. Being self-employed, he has no insurance policy and the hospital bills are rolling in quickly now. In November of 2014, Mack's wife Dawn was hospitalized with serious medical issues. Then, in early January of 2015, Richard suffered a heart attack that required surgery. Because they are self-employed, they have no medical insurance and are in desperate need of assistance. Donate: helpsheriffmack or use: Bank: Wells Fargo Name on Account: Richard Mack Routing Number: 122105278 Account Number: 2816818385 Be sure to get a receipt. If you wish to verify that the family received the donation or have any other questions, send a note to: firstname.lastname@example.org . Or you can send a card and/or a check to Richard Mack, SCPOA, PO Box 567, Higley, AZ 85236.
· Brian O’Reilly: For the record, Bernard Paluch of the Surprise Tea Party signed my petition on August 17, 2011 that I wrote requesting that Sheriff Arpaio investigate the authenticity of Barack Obama II's birth certificate. My petition said nothing about "eligibility." I wrote the petition after I viewed President Obama's birth certificate posted on April 27, 2011 on the White House website and because of the continued controversy about Obama's birth. (There is no law that I am aware of that requires Obama to display his birth certificate to the public. But, he did it with both his short and long form BC documents.) On May 22, 2012, the state of Hawaii Department of Health sent a certified Verification of Birth to Arizona Secretary of State Ken Bennett. The document verified all of the information on Barack Obama's PDF birth certificate. Because of that verification document, Bennett put Obama on the 2012 Arizona ballot. In a personal letter to me, from Maricopa County Attorney William Montgomery in 2012, he informed me that he had reviewed all of the Cold Case Posse information and called it "speculation" and also he had no jurisdiction. He said it would have to be proven that Barack Obama was not a U.S. citizen. (The Hawaii DOH Verification of Birth certified Obama is a U.S. Citizen.) And finally, Mr. Paluch, I worked with Mike Zullo and the Cold Case Posse for 9 months, 10 weeks of that was as a sworn member. I resigned from the Cold Case Posse on June 30, 2012. Mr. Zullo notified me on July 10, 2012 that he would process my resignation, after having asked me to reconsider my resignation. Mr. Paluch, I would strongly suggest that you and the Surprise Tea Party correct your records, your statements and your publications. See Paluch commentary 02/2-20-15-mcrc-briefs
· The Central Republican Women of Phoenix ‘Day Trip’ To The Mazatzal Casino fundraiser is scheduled Sat., April 18, departing at 7:30 am from 1045 S 8th Ave., Phx; departing casino at 3 pm. Invite your spouses, friends and prospective members. Flyer details: Mazatzal Casino Fundraiser Contact: (602) 252-6300
· Phoenix District 2 and District 3 Joint Budget Hearing is scheduled at 6 pm., Wed., April 8 in the Paradise Valley Community Center - 17402 N. 40th St., Phoenix, AZ (Google Map)
· Phoenix Vice Mayor Jim Waring and new Phoenix Police Chief Joe Yahner were taped on February On. See Photo
· Phoenix District 1 and District 2 Joint Budget Hearing is scheduled at 6 pm., Wed., April 1 at Goelet A.C. Beuf Community Center - 3435 W. Pinnacle Peak Rd., Phoenix, AZ (Google Map)
· AZGOP Chairman Robert Graham and his cute wife Julia were guests at the Feb 19 Lunar New Year festivities hosted by the AZGOP Asian American Coalition’s Americans Vietnamese and American Chinese.
· The Phoenix Fire Department Is Giving Free Vaccinations to uninsured and under insured residents. The shots will be available to children six weeks of age to 18-years-old. The shots will protect children against 15 childhood diseases, including measles. The shot clinic takes place at the Deer Valley Community Center on Thursday, Feb 26 from 3 p.m. to 7 p.m. - See: free-vaccinations
· Authors Dolan Ellis And Sam Lowe will make a presentation and discussion on their their book, “Arizona: Lens, Lyrics and Lore,” from 7 – 8 p.m. Wed, Feb. 25, at Burton Barr Central Library, Pulliam Auditorium, 1221 N. Central Ave., Phx. Ellis has been the Arizona Balladeer for over 40 years. Lowe is a retired columnist and is currently a travelogue writer. See gov/news/library
· The Maricopa Republican Club will meet at 7 pm., Thurs., Feb 26 at the Villages Clubhouse, 20991 N Butterfield Pkwy Maricopa, AZ 85138. Speaker: Amanda Stanford, Clerk of the Superior CourtGuest Speaker - Amanda Stanford, Clerk of the Superior Court
The Ahwatukee Republican Women’s Annual ‘Chocolate & Politics’ meeting is scheduled at 7 pm., Feb 24 at the Clarion Hotel, 5121 E LaPuente Ave., (K-10 & Elliot Rd., Phx, AZ 85044. 6:30 social. Verl Farnsworth will address ‘The Constitution in the Classroom.’ Rep Jill Norgaard and AZTARS Chairman Lilia Dashevsky will also speak. ARWomen@aol.com
· Superintendent of Public Instruction Diane Douglas is proposing legislation to review and revise all state academic standards through a continuous improvement process. Senate Bill 1305, sponsored by Senate Education Chairwoman Kelli Ward, would establish a committee of parents, teachers, and other stakeholders to evaluate a focused section of standards on an annual basis. “As we move away from Common Core, it is important to do so in a deliberate fashion so that we stop the pattern of creating new standards only to abolish them every few years,” Douglas said. “This endless cycle leaves schools in a constant state of upheaval and causes undue stress for students and teachers.” As part of the proposed review process, members of the committee would hold public meetings across the state. All public comment received at those meetings would be analyzed and used to generate proposed changes. Before submitting final recommendations to the State Board of Education, the committee would seek feedback at an additional series of public hearings. “This process will ensure that the academic goals created for students are set by Arizonans, for Arizonans,” the Superintendent continued. “I hope to partner with legislators, parents and educators to ensure as smooth a transition as possible so that teachers can get back to teaching and students can get back to learning.” The bill received a due pass recommendation in the Senate Education Committee on Feb. 12 and is currently awaiting further consideration by the Senate.
· Republican National Committee (RNC) Chairman Reince Priebus has announced that the RNC raised $7.1 million in January. The RNC ended the first month of the year with $5.6 million cash on hand. “We’ve started the year off strong by raising $7.1 million last month” said Chairman Priebus. “I’m grateful to all our supporters for their contributions, large and small. By making investments early and building on the success of last cycle, we’re going to ensure we have a robust ground game ready for our eventual nominee. The RNC is the only organization capable of fielding a ground game in coordination with our presidential nominee, while also providing access to high quality data and proven voter-engagement and turnout strategies. In addition, it’s up to us to hold President Obama, Hillary Clinton, and the Democrats accountable for their records. Even though Hillary Clinton has been in hiding, we will continue to make the case that America deserves better than a third term of the Obama-Clinton policies." Fast facts:
ü Total raised January 2015: $7.1 million
ü Total cash on hand: $5.6 million
ü Percentage of donations $200 and under: 98%
ü Average donation: $72
ü Debt: $3.5 million
CALENDAR OF EVENTS
SATURDAY, FEBRUARY 21
· Tempe Republican Women’s Door to Door Canvass is scheduled at 10:30 am., Feb. 21 starting at the Dunkin Donuts on Warner/McClintock where participants can pick up volunteer t-shirts, maps, and walking lists.
· Young Americans for Liberty extends an invitation to the general public to attend their first Arizona State Convention in Discovery Hall at Arizona State University in Tempe on Sat., Feb 21. Political campaign training by the Foundation for Applied Conservative Leadership (FACL) will take place from 9 am to 1 pm. A Liberty Symposium will take place from 2 - 7 pm, featuring Barry Goldwater, Jr., author Jack Hunter, Congressman David Schweikert, State Senator Kelli Ward, State Rep Warren Petersen, MCRC Chairman Tyler Bowyer and Americans for Prosperity Leader Tom Jenney. Registration is free for YAL members, or $25 for the general public. Register : http://www.yaliberty.org/convention/state/2015/az Contact email@example.com with any questions. Events sponsors include FreedomWorks, Campaign for Liberty, Leadership Institute, Students for Liberty, Charles Koch Institute, Tea Party Patriots, CATO Institute, FEE and the Heritage Foundation.
· The Republican Club Green Valley/Sahuarita Lincoln‐Reagan Luncheon is scheduled at noon, Sat., Feb 21 at the Quail Creek Madera Clubhouse Ballroom. Doors open at 11:30 am. Lunch at noon. National Conservative Commentator Bill Whittle is the speaker. Reservations required by Feb. 10. Individual ticket $45. Table of 10 $450. Make checks out to RCGVS and mail to RCGVS, P.O. Box 831, Green Valley AZ 85622 by Feb 10. Contact: Joey 203‐7750 or Vinnie 907‐3367 or Kay 904‐9103.
· The Pinal County Republicans Lincoln Luncheon is scheduled Feb 21 in the Property Conference Center, 1251 W Gila Bend Hwy, Casa Grande, AZ 85193. Program begins at 10:30 am featuring Congressman Paul Gosar, Sen Jeff Flake and AZTARS Chairman Lilia Dashvesky. Tickets $40 each or $75 per couple. If purchased before Jan 31 you will receive five raffle tickets when you check in the day of the event. Tickets http://pinalcountrygop.com/ PCRC #4 Chr Vince Manfredi 602-373-9996.
· LD 2 Will Host A CO$T Convention Of The States Teens presentation at 10 am, Fri, Feb 21 at the Quail Creek Madera Clubhouse, 2055 E Quail Crossing Blvd, Green Valley. http://ld2.arizonagop.net/
· Gun Rights Across America And Riders USA are hosting the Third Guns Across America Rally to say, "Celebrate the 2nd (Amendment) " on Feb 21 at the Arizona State Capitol from noon until 2 pm. Celebrate our 2nd Amendment right to keep and bear arms. They have a line up of speakers, vendors, raffles and more. See https://www.facebook.com/events/801754619911373
· Colin McCavitt Is Hosting A Reception for Congresswoman Martha McSally In support of Martha's campaign for Arizona’s 2nd Congressional District Sat., Feb 21 at his residence. 5:30 pm – VIP roundtable reception. 6 pm – general reception. Hors d'oeuvres and Beverages Served/Casual Attire. VIP Roundtable Reception - $1000 / General Reception $250. RSVP to Teresa Wright at 623-498-7999 or email at firstname.lastname@example.org www.McSallyforCongress.com
· Tempe Republican Women will go door to door in Tempe between 11 am – 2 pm, starting at 11 am, Feb 21. They will gather at 10:30 am at Dunkin Donuts, 1 830 E Warner Road to get their T-shirts, walking lists, etc. They are cautioned to wear good walking shoes.
· Moral Action Ministry Presents Author/Lecturer Patrick Wood on ‘Technocracy Rising: The Trojan horse of global transformation’ at 9:45 am, Sat., Feb 21 at the North Scottsdale Christian Church, 28700 North Pima Road, Scottsdale, AZ. 85266.
MONDAY, FEBRUARY 23
· The Fountain Hills Republican Club has announced that Sheriff Joe Arpaio will be the keynote speaker at its February 28th meeting and that AZ Attorney General
· The Tempe Republican Women will meet at 6:30 pm, Mon., Feb 23 at the Pyle Rec Center, 655 E Southern, Tempe with newly elected Maricopa GOP Chairman Tyler Bowyer and immediate past Maricopa GOP Chairman A J LaFaro to address closing Arizona primaries and ballot harvesting.
· Maricopa County Republicans Chairman Tyler Bowyer and immediate past MCRC Chairman AJ LaFaro, will speak on closing AZ primaries and ballot harvesting at the 6:30 pm., Mon., Feb 23 Tempe Republican Women’s Club meeting in the Pyle Rec Center - 655 E Southern Ave, Tempe.
· The Feb 23 meeting of the Arizona Project will host the newly elected Community College Board members of Johanna Haver, John Heep and Jean McGrath to discuss our taxes dollars are being spent, how to provide high quality educational services at a lessor cost and whether the system is benefiting Maricopa County residents. AP meets 3375 E. Shea Blvd., Suite 2, Phoenix, AZ 85028. Contact: Chr Ronald Ludders 602.677.1496
TUESDAY, FEBRUARY 24
· The Yavapai Young Republicans meet at 6:30 pm, Feb 24 so hear Barry Denton address "Business and Politics." Order from menu. Contact: Matthew Perry at (928) 830-6115 or email@example.com
· Scottsdale Mayor W.J. “Jim” Lane will give the Annual State Of The City address at 12:30 pm., Tues, Feb. 24, at the Fairmont Scottsdale Princess (7575 E. Princess Drive). Reception at 11:30 a.m. Reception/lunch tickets $50 each with proceeds going to “Operation Fix it” – a program that assists homeowners or tenants who are physically or financially unable to maintain their properties. See Operation Fix It. RSVP : KKuester@scottsdaleaz.gov or 480-312-2466.
· The Yuma County Republicans will meet at 7 pm, Tues., Feb 24 in the Goodwill meeting room, 3097 S th Ave., Yuma. Contact: Sec. Lorna Brooks at 928-317-9120 firstname.lastname@example.org or http://yumarepublicans.org
· Pursuant To ARS 38.431.02 Notice Is Given to the general public that a quorum of the Arizona Game and Fish Commission may attend and participate in the annual Arizona Game and Fish Department Legislative Day between 11:30 am and 1:30 pm, Tuesday, Feb 24 at 1700 W. Washington St., Phx (Senate Lawn Area). AZGFD is hosting the annual social and outreach luncheon. No legal action to be taken.
· LD17 Will Meet At 7 PM., Tues., Feb 24 at the Tri-City Baptist Church Seminary Bldg, 2211 W Germann Road., Chandler, AZ. Speakers: Supt of Public Instruction Diane Douglas and Sen Kelli Ward. Mayor Jay Tibshraeny will swear in the State Committeemen. Congressman Matt Salmon will speak at the March mtg. Contact: Robin Finlinson, Cor Sec email@example.com
WEDNESDAY, FEBRUARY 25
· The City Of Tempe Budget Public Forum is scheduled at 6 pm., Wed., Feb 25 in the Community Rm at the Tempe History Museum, 809 E Southern Ave. Topic: City’s operating and Capital Improvement Program (CIP) budgets.
· The Estrella Mountain Republican Club will hear from Secretary of State Michele Reagan during it’s Feb. 25 meeting. Contact: Chr Richard Newcomer firstname.lastname@example.org 602 512 1340
FRIDAY, FEBRUARY 27
· The Arizona Federation of Republican Women has scheduled it’s Feb 27 and 28 Winter Meeting in Tucson. www.AzFRW.com
SATURDAY, FEBRUARY 28
· Maricopa County Sheriff Joe Arpaio will address the Feb 28 Fountain Hills Republican Club meeting (date change to 4th Saturday due to the Great Fair).
· The Sun City Grand Republican Interest Group will meet at 9 am, Sat., Feb 28 in the Hopi Room at the Chaparral Center, 19781 N. Remington Dr. Surprise 85374. Free admission. 8:30 am coffee/light refreshments. Speaker Carl Goldberg will make a presentation on Islam as Ideology entitled ‘What Non-Moslems need to know about Islam and Why.’ See www.grandpop.com Contact Ginny Nyre, President at 623-544-7187 or Ruth Seiter, Vice President, Programs at 623-544-9309.
· State Treasurer Jeff DeWitt will highlight the 5:30 pm, Feb 28 Mohave County GOP District 3 meeting at the Shagrue's Bridgeview Room, Lake Havasu City. Tickets: $45. Call 908-347-7929.
· A ‘Support For All Law Enforcement March’ will start at the Phoenix Police Headquarters, 620 W Washington, Phx at 5 pm., Sat., Feb 28. Participants are asked to gather at 4pm. The group will march from the Phx PD to the Fallen Officer Memorial, 1690 W Jefferson (l.06 miles), arriving at 6:15 pm. See details com/events or contact: Barb Heller at 602-505-8760.
· The Brian Terry Foundation & Support for Law Enforcement & their Families is sponsoring a Support Rally for all Law Enforcement Officers Border Patrol agents (Naco) at a yet to be announced time on Sat., Feb 28 at the Brian A. Terry Station, 2136 South Naco Hwy, Bisbee, AZ 85603. Ceremonies include the unveiling of the Agent Brian Terry statue and the presentation to Jose Terry with of a “Stolen Life Cuddle Quilt’ for her son. Contact: Barb Heller 602-505-8760
· The Pima County Republican Party’s Annual Lincoln Day Dinner is scheduled at 6 pm., Sat., Feb 28 at the Doubletree Hotel Reid Park featuring new Arizona Congresswoman Martha McSally. Precinct Committee will be recognized for their work this past year. 5 pm – cash bar. $35 per person/$60 per couple. Table of 10 - $300. RSVP before Feb. 21 with debt/credit card payment to Pima County Republican Headquarters at 520-321-1492. Sponsorship information call Karen Schuttee 520-877-3230. Silent Auction donations call Mary Preble 520-409-9269.
· The Paradise Republican Women and the UMOM Women’s Auxiliary will meet for their annual Birdsong luncheon Sat., Feb 28 at the Scottsdale Plaza Resort, 7200 N Scottsdale Road, Scottsdale . $50 per person. Contact: Anthea Dyer, PRWC, Caring for America Chair 480-657-7440 www.prwc.org
· Saving Columbine II Ike's Plane--- Who Knew? The Original Air Force One
· Public-School-Has-Students-Bowing-To-The-Sun-God Case In Appeals Court To Stop Mandatory Ashtanga Yoga Teachings
· More-Than-500-Rally-And-March Environmental Groups Plan On Big Attendance At The SRP Hearing At 9:30 Am, Thur., Feb 26 At The PERA Club
McParty Time: Frosh Class Femmes Frolic Connecting A Few More Dots
· AZ Border Defenders Updated Daily
· Need2No Border News Watch
FIRST AMENDMENT – FREEDOM OF SPEECH
LAW AND ORDER
DR BEN CARSON
· 2016-Candidate-Ben-Carson-Says-Obama-Guilty-Treason He’s Adamant That National Security Cannot Be Compromised.
BILL AND HILLARY
LAW AND ORDER
SECRETARY OF STATE