- ► April (21)
- ► March (27)
- ► February (28)
- ► January (31)
- ► December (29)
- ► November (30)
- ► October (31)
- ► September (32)
- ► August (31)
- ► July (31)
- ► June (30)
- ► May (30)
- ► April (30)
- ► March (31)
- ► February (28)
- ► January (31)
- ► December (30)
- ► November (29)
- ► October (31)
- ► September (29)
- ► August (32)
- ► July (25)
- ► June (21)
- ► May (31)
- ► April (30)
- ► March (30)
- ▼ February (29)
- ► January (31)
- ► December (28)
- ► November (30)
- ► October (32)
- ► September (29)
- ► August (32)
- ► July (31)
- ► June (27)
- ► May (31)
- ► April (36)
- ► March (42)
- ► February (35)
- ► January (34)
- ► December (39)
- ► November (35)
- ► October (42)
- ► September (37)
- ► August (35)
- ► July (37)
- ► June (37)
- ► May (21)
- ► April (33)
- ► March (39)
- ► February (36)
- ► January (38)
- ► December (39)
- ► November (32)
- ► October (37)
- ► September (39)
- ► August (42)
Briefs Editor Frosty Taylor firstname.lastname@example.org
Web Master John Strasser
Thursday, February 26, 2015
· Citizens Defense League President David Kopp will address current firearms legislative bills at the State Legislature, to protect Second Amendment freedoms, efforts at the Federal level to disarm Americans and how to stop them at the March 5 dinner meeting of the Central Republican Women of Phoenix. The event is scheduled at the Hilton Garden Inn, 4000 N Central Ave., Phx. (just S of Indian School). $22 per person. 5:30 pm social, 6:15 pm program. RSVP: Tina Shaw email@example.com by March 1.
· Long-time West Valley Activist Ernie McCollum: “It is with regret that I must resign from the party of Lincoln but it no longer represents the party of freedom. I was in shock when I discovered that G. H. W. Bush signed away our freedom when he gave control over our country to the UN by signing U N Agenda 21 now called Future Earth. It was clearly written to destroy capitalism through regulation.
“I have tried in vain to work within the party to save our freedom. (Sen) John Mc Cain answered back by calling us traitors, is it because we oppose communism? I’m just a simple American that served in the US Navy, paid my taxes and now I’m spit upon by John Mc Cain.
“Well, I am a 1776 type liberal so I’m going over to the constitution party. It’s been a real eye opener watching all of this. (LD13 Chairman ) Dick Landaus told me that he thought UN Agenda 21 was a fair trade. My question is what did we trade our freedom for slavery to big government.
“To those of you that still think you can take the party back should think about that they have the money. The people living in Paradise Valley, Carefree, North Scottsdale and Litchfield Park will not be exempt from what’s coming. - Ernie Mc Collum, AMERICAN. McCollum was precinct committeeman and state committeeman in LD4 and LD13 and the immediate past LD13 2nd Vice Chairman
· The-Cave-Has-Begun The McConnell plan is designed to allow Senate Republicans to go back to their constituents saying they voted against executive amnesty, without having to take a stand against it. This is leadership’s modus operandi: using a cover vote to allow liberal policy to pass. “ (Mitch) McConnell has now made clear that he will always blink and will never use the power of the purse as a leverage to stop Obama. With every future battle on a must pass bill, Democrats know that they can simply block a bill and Senate Republicans will cave to their demands. Caving to Obama is not something Republican leaders campaigned on in 2014. Why do we need a Republican majority to fund liberal priorities?” said Gaston Mooney, Conservative Review Executive Editor.
· “The Latest Capitulation by Jeff Flake is sure to further depress the GOP base who now understand their efforts in 2014 are being squandered by the GOP establishment. Chairman Robert Graham can boast all he wants about the ‘edge’ the AZGOP has over the Democrats in the state but its votes like this in addition to the GOP’s surrender on Amnesty, CROmnibus, Gun Control, Net Neutrality, and ObamaCare that motivated the over 17,000 registered Republicans to leave the AZGOP last year alone, and frankly we can’t blame them. In fact, thousands more are likely to join them.” sonoranalliance /arizonainformer/
· “It Is Becoming Increasingly Obvious That A Senate Majority When Led By A Weak And Fearful Old Woman (NTTAWWT) Like Mitch McConnell has the spine of a jelly fish and the steely edge of a nerf ball. McConnell, incredibly, is folding a winning hand and letting the minority party dictate the terms of the GOP surrender. If that weren’t bad enough, our alleged majority is filled with self-dealers and porkers who believe that your hard-earned money should be wasted in a way calculated to buy them influence. Case in point Lindsey Graham. In Graham’s defense, no one has ever believed him to be a conservative but good governance should be something even squish Republicans can get behind. I mean ostensibly his reason for grabbing his ankles — other than pure reflex — in the DHS fight was just that. Rather than support limited government, or even try to excise as much corruption as possible from a larger government, Graham has launched a full-throated defense of the Export-Import Bank… to the extent that he’s declared opposition to be against conservative principles. morninginarizona.com/
· The Freedom Report, Market Freedom Alliance’s weekly report to grassroots activists on free market oriented legislation making its way through the Arizona Legislature, update conference call is available at 10 am Fridays for “The Freedom Call” To participate in tomorrow's FREEDOM CALL - Dial (712) 775-7031, then type: 421-127-730#. Freedom Report available at www.marketfreedomalliance.com.
· Republicans-Tout-Voter-Registration-Numbers They Actually Lost 17,000 Registered Voters In The Last Year, While The Number Of Independent Voters Increased By 43,000.
McCain’s Voting Record: From Jan 1987 to Feb 2015, McCain missed 970 of 9,420 roll call votes, which is 10.3%. This is worse than the median of 1.7% among the lifetime records of senators currently serving. The chart below reports missed votes over time. govtrack.us/congress/members/john_mccain
· Washington, D.C.’s Interventionism Kills: Ukraine One Year Later What if John McCain had stayed home and worried about his constituents in Arizona instead of non-constituents 6,000 miles away? By Ron Paul
· The Tempe Republican Women Unanimously Approved A Resolution Monday evening to officially endorse efforts made to close Republican primaries in Arizona. The Resolution directs the Arizona Republican Party to file a summary judgment in Federal Court, according to Jessica Merrow, club president. “It is important for the integrity of our party that Republicans elect our Republican nominees,” Merrow said. The resolution supports the resolutions passed by The Maricopa County Republican Committee Precinct Committeemen and the Arizona GOP State Committeemen at their statutory meetings in January. Both of those campaigns for closed primaries were led by Immediate Past MCRC Chairman A J LaFaro.
· If You Are Trying To Get Your Message To Gov Doug Ducey submit your message on the online form at: http://www.azgovernor.gov/governor/engage.
· The Sahuarita Tea Party Patriots will meet at 6:30 pm., March 10 at the Triple Play Restaurant on W. Duval Mine Road,. Speakers will be past NRA president Sandy Froman, and Constitutional Sheriff Richard Mack. www.sahuaritateaparty.com
· Congressman Matt Salmon (AZ-05) on the latest developments to fund the Department of Homeland Security.“The American people are crying out against the unlawful actions of the President. In response, the House has worked the will of the people by defunding these actions while fully funding the Department of Homeland Security. Unfortunately, in a confounding show of dysfunction, Senate Democrats refuse to even allow consideration of that bill. If there is something in the bill that is objectionable, the Senate is free to try to amend it. But rightfully knowing that a majority of Senators would not vote to remove the provisions fiscally barring the President from breaking the law, the Senate Democratic Caucus has halted the upper chamber, childishly demanding a bill that meets their requirements before they even consider it. That is not how our government works. The Senate Majority Leader’s plan to divorce the funding bill from the unlawful actions it is restricting is tantamount to surrender, and won’t meet with support in the People’s House. America needs leadership to confront an out-of-control executive, and a Congress willing to defend the separation of powers. We must either be that Congress or acquiesce to the demands of a President intent on assuming the powers of a king. Joined by my colleagues in the House, I will fight against any funding bill that does not fully defund the President’s illegal actions.”
· Congressman Paul A. Gosar, D.D.S. after introducing bipartisan legislation, the Bureau of Reclamation Transparency Act, which would require the Bureau of Reclamation (BOR) to do a thorough inventory of its assets as well as prioritize major repairs necessary at the agency’s facilities: “The practice of good governance requires periodic evaluations of federal programs and expenditures to review and prioritize their necessity. Taxpayers deserve accountability from their government and oversight on how it spends their money. Despite numerous requests from members of Congress and others, the agency has failed to provide adequate information about BOR’s maintenance backlog and lacks an efficient system for reporting their maintenance needs to Congress. Our good governance legislation increases transparency, consolidates multiple reports and requires the Bureau of Reclamation to open their books. I applaud Senator Barrasso and Senator Schatz for their leadership on this issue. Our commonsense bill will allow Congress to better prioritize funds for critical infrastructure projects for the purposes of ensuring an abundant supply of clean water and power for future generations.” See: Rep. Gosar Introduces Bill to Increase Transparency within Bureau of Reclamation Full text of the Bureau of Reclamation Transparency Act HERE.
· Phx City Councilman Sal DiCiccio: 4551 new teachers for Phoenix… that is how many NEW teachers we could hire for the cost of just one new mile of rail.Mayor Stanton and others are pushing a new $30 billion tax and spend proposal for transit costing $209 million per mile to build and operate. Make no mistake about it, every penny taken from our citizens and wasted on these boondoggles and government waste is one less dollar our hardworking taxpayers can use for critical services we really need. Now is not the time and place for us to waste money on ideas meant to benefit city insiders who will benefit from this money. As a city and as a state we need to do a better job of prioritizing limited dollars. We must do better and we must start to make choices based on things that matter. Our families must be protected first and be the priority. Read and watch what the Phoenix Business Journal and Channel 10 FOX News had to say about this massive boondoggle coming to voters this August.
· Congresswoman Martha McSally is accepting submissions from veterans who qualify as wounded warriors for a fellowship position to be based in either the Tucson or Sierra Vista District Office. The individual will work with military and veteran constituents to handle veterans-related casework and act as a facilitator between constituents and federal, state, and local agencies. “We make a covenant with our veterans that we will care for them when they return, and making sure we honor that commitment is one of my highest priorities,” said McSally. “That’s why I’m pleased to be working with the House of Representatives to help make sure veterans and military personnel living in Southern Arizona have access to our federal government and the care and services they have earned.”
The Wounded Warrior Fellowship Program was established by the House of Representatives to provide employment opportunities for wounded or disabled veterans within member or committee offices. The program is limited to veterans who have served on active duty since Sept 11, 2001, with less than 20 years of service and have a minimum 30% disability rating from the Department of Veterans Affairs. Interested veterans should submit a resume, copy of the last DD214 issued, and letter from the VA indicating a 30% or greater rating (not necessary if medically retired) to firstname.lastname@example.org. Wounded Warrior Program Office at 202-226-1965 or www.cao.house.gov.
· Sen John McCain (R-AZ), Chairman of the Senate Armed Services Committee, today delivered the opening statement at a hearing to receive testimony on worldwide threats from James Clapper, Director of National Intelligence, and Lieutenant General Vincent Stewart, Director of the Defense Intelligence Agency:
· Sen John McCain Chairman of the Senate Armed Services Committee, discussed efforts to reform health care for veterans with Pete Hegseth, CEO of Concerned Veterans for America, at today’s “Fixing Veterans Health Care Summit” in Washington, DC . A full agenda here and a Summit livestream here.
· Jose Barrajero's AZRRT-call-to-action-and-weekly-report-150220-0510 This link is time sensitive and will change every week.
· Updates On AZ Firearms Bills: See AzCDL www.azcdl.org/html/bill_tracking
Latest Actions On Bills: www.azleg.gov
· Congressman Paul Gosar: I will continue to fight for your ideas and solutions that will help build a stronger Arizona. So if you have an idea that you would like to see implemented at the federal level, come join me at one of my upcoming town halls. Having an open and honest discussion has always been the key to holding the government accountable and making it work better for the people of this great nation.
ü March 9 – 6:30 pm., Town Hall , 775 North Main Street, Florence, AZ 85132
ü March 12 – 5:30 pm, Town Hall, Bullhead City Council Chambers 2355 Trane Road Bullhead City, AZ
ü April 3 – 8 am, Coffee with the Congressman, Brownies Restaurant: 1145 South 4th Avenue, Yuma, AZ 85364.
ü May 7 – 5:30 pm, Town Hall, City Hall Council Chambers: 1City Plaza, Yuma, AZ 85364.
· Call The White House 202-456-1111 Comments. Switchboard: 202-456-1414. Contact Senate https://www.senate.gov/ or Representatives http://www.house.gov/ Let them know how you feel. Hold their feet to the fire. They wanted these positions so badly, hold them accountable. Arizona delegation phone numbers:
CALENDAR OF EVENTS
FRIDAY, FEBRUARY 27
The Arizona Federation of Republican Women has scheduled it’s Feb 27 and 28 Winter Meeting in Tucson. www.AzFRW.com
· A Fellowship Breakfast is scheduled at 7 am., Fri., Feb 27 at the Viscount Suite Hotel, 4855 E. Broadway, Tucson. $20 mbrs/$25 non-mbrs. Speaker: Doug Meyer.
SATURDAY, FEBRUARY 28
· The Arizona Republican Assembly will hold their first meeting for Conservative Republicans in the West Valley at 8 am., Sat, Feb 28, at the Culver's Restaurant ((NW corner of the 101 & Camelback). AZRA membership is open to Conservative Republicans who support the Republican Platform and the US Constitution. New members are subject to vetting. This organization is for Conservative Republicans. Contact AzRA President Thayer Verschoor 602-703-0266.
· A Memorial Service for LD13 PC Bobbie Watts is scheduled at 1:30 pm., Sat., Feb 28 at St. Peter’s Episcopal Church, Litchfield Park, AZ. A celebration of Life will be held from 3-5 pm,(immediately following the service) in the PebbleCreek Eagle’s Ballroom in Goodyear. Watts was well-known in old LD12 and an avid supporter of LD13, volunteering countless hours at the County GOP office on Bell Road, was a officer in the Pebble Creek Republican Club, served as a precinct committeeman, state committeeman and a delegate at the RNC.
· The Sun City Grand Republican Interest Group will meet at 9 am, Sat, Feb 28, in the Chaparral Center, 19781 N. Remington Dr. Surprise 85374. Dr. Carl Goldberg will make a presentation on Islam as Ideology entitled "What Non-Muslims Need To Know About Islam and Why". 8:30 am coffee/light refreshment. Contact: Ginny Nyre, President at 623-544-7187 or Ruth Seiter, Vice President, Programs at 623-544-9309. www.grandpop.com
· Sheriff Joe Arpaio will address the 9 am., Sat., Feb 28 Fountain Hills Republican Club mtg in the Fountain Hills Community Center, 13001 N La Montana Drive, Fountain Hills, AZ 85268. Program is free with social period commencing at 8:30. email@example.com
· State Treasurer Jeff DeWit will highlight the 5:30 pm, Feb 28 Mohave County GOP District 3 meeting at the Shagrue's Bridgeview Room, Lake Havasu City. Tickets: $45. Call 908-347-7929.
· A ‘Support For All Law Enforcement March’ will start at the Phoenix Police Headquarters, 620 W Washington, Phx at 5 pm., Sat., Feb 28. Participants are asked to gather at 4pm. The group will march from the Phx PD to the Fallen Officer Memorial, 1690 W Jefferson (l.06 miles), arriving at 6:15 pm. See details com/events or contact: Barb Heller at 602-505-8760.
· The Pima County Republican Party’s Annual Lincoln Day Dinner is scheduled at 5 pm., Sat., Feb 28 at the Doubletree Hotel Reid Park Ballroom, 445 S. Alvernon Way, Tucson featuring new Arizona Congresswoman Martha McSally. Precinct Committee will be recognized for their work this past year. 5 pm – cash bar. $35 per person/$60 per couple. Table of 10 - $300. RSVP before Feb. 21 with debt/credit card payment to Pima County Republican Headquarters at 520-321-1492. Sponsorship information call Karen Schuttee 520-877-3230. Silent Auction donations call Mary Preble 520-409-9269.
The Paradise Republican Women and the UMOM Women’s Auxiliary will meet for their annual Birdsong luncheon Sat., Feb 28 at the Scottsdale Plaza Resort, 7200 N Scottsdale Road, Scottsdale . $50 per person. Contact: Anthea Dyer, PRWC, Caring for America Chair 480-657-7440 www.prwc.org
· The Arizona Capitol Museum will open its newest exhibit, “Ernest McFarland and the G.I. Bill” at 11 am., Sat., Feb 28 .The McFarland room is the latest addition to the exhibit Arizona: Defense to Development, which explores the impact World War II had on the state. “Since 1944, more than 19 million service members nationwide have benefitted from Senator McFarland’s legislation,” said Secretary of State Michele Reagan. “A veteran of World War I, it was important to McFarland to assist veterans transitioning back into civilian life.” The Ernest McFarland Memorial newly rededicated is in Wesley Bolin Memorial Plaza. The Museum is open M-F, 9 am-4pm and Sat 10am-2pm. Free parking Wesley Bolin Plaza, 17th Ave/Washington St. Call 602-926-3620.
MONDAY, MARCH 2
· LD20 will meet at 7 pm., Mon., March 2 at the Washington School District Offices, 4650 W Sweetwater, Glendale. Contact: Chairman Ray Malnar, firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Lincoln Republican Women’s Club Dinner is scheduled at 6 pm., Mon., March 2 at the New McCormick/”Millennium” Resort Scottsdale-McCormick Ranch, 7401 N Scottsdale Ranch, Scottsdale. $35 per person. 5:30 pm meet/greet. 6 pm mtg. 6:20 pm dinner, 7 pm program. Everyone wear green. Speaker Loren Spivack will address “Economic Literacy.” Reservations required by Fri., Feb 27. Send check made out to “LRWC” to Patricia “O’Kaufman”,7436 E. Tuckey Lane, Scottsdale, AZ 85250 or call 480-368-2777or email her at email@example.com
· The Western Pinal County Chapter of the Arizona Republican Assembly will meet at 6:30 pm., Mon, March 2 at the Legacy Suites, 540 N. Cacheris Ct, Casa Grande (½ mile west of I-10 on Florence Blvd.) to hear Arizona Chapter of Americans for Prosperity State Director Tom Jenney address “Reform America2015” - AFP's plan for Congress to get America back on the road to prosperity and growth. Contact: WPCC of AZRA Secretary Jason Hayes (602) 734-5603 firstname.lastname@example.org
· The Arizona Corporation Commission will meet Mon, March 2 and Tues.,March 3. See: Open Meeting Notice.
TUESDAY, MARCH 3
· Rev Clyde Bowen Will Give The Opening Prayer for the March 3 Senate session at the invitation of Sen. Kelli Ward.
· The Surprise Tea Party Patriots (1st Tues) will hear from Flat Tax expert Stephen C. Eldridge at the 6:30 pm., Tues., March 3 meeting scheduled om the Grand Canyon Rm at the Sun City W Foundation Plaza, 14465 WRH Johnson Blvd, Sun City West.
· The Daisy Mountain Tea Party Patriots will meet at 6:30 pm., Tues., March 3 at the Anthem Civic Bldg, 3701 W Anthem Way to hear Shane Krauser of the American Academy for Constitutional Education and Sen Kelli Ward, who is considering a run against John McCain for his Senate seat in Washington. Contact: Chr Vera Anderson email@example.com .
WEDNESDAY, MARCH 4
· Sen Kelli Ward Will Address whether she will run against Sen John McCain at the 7 pm., March 4 ‘Freedom Fires Live’ meeting at the Faith Christian School, 7464 E. Main St., Mesa, AZ 85207. Admission: $2.50.
· The SaddleBrooke Republican Club will host former National Rifle Association President Sandy Froman March 4 at the Mountain View Club House Ballroom at SaddleBrooke HOA#2 , 38735 S. Mountain View Blvd Tucson AZ 85739. Doors open at 3:45 pm. Mtg at 4:15 pm. Froman, a NRA board member since 1992 will address Second Amendment issues, focusing on thoe role of guns, and the 2016 elections. Contact: Vice President Neil MacDonald . firstname.lastname@example.org
THURSDAY, MARCH 5
The Colorado River Tea Party – Yuma will meet at 6 pm, Thurs., March 5 at the Community Christian Church, 6480 E. Hwy 95 in last building behind church. LD13 Rep Darin Mitchell will speak . Sally Kizer email@example.com
· The Central Republican Women of Phoenix will meet at 6:15 pm., March 5 for dinner at the Hilton Garden Inn, 4000 N. Central, Phoenix. Social at 5:30 pm. $22 per dinner. RSVP: Tina Shaw firstname.lastname@example.org or 623-934-9730 no later than Sun, March 1. A reservation made is a reservation paid. Any cancellation must be received by Sunday, March 1st to avoid being charged. Contact info: email@example.com (602) 252-6300.
· Cuccinelli-Rips-Republicans: They-Dont-Have-Any-Backbone 'Can You Point Me To One Time They've Fought? No, You Can't'
· E J Montini Flakes' Lawyers Try To Set Us Straight On $8 Mil Claim
· Don’t-Blame-GOP, Dems-Want-DHS-Shutdown Congressman Paul Gosar
· Poll Finds Majority Support For Religious Freedom And Voter-Approved Definition Of Marriage 53% Agree That “Marriage Should Be Defined Only As The Union Of One Man And One Woman”
· VA-Health-Care-Scandal-Changes Radical Changes In VA Health Care Proposed
· AZGOP financial reports filed/ AZ Sec of State azsos.gov/cfs/FilerDetail
· FEC Filing Updated/Current AZGOP Financials Info CandidateCommitteeDetail.do?canId
· Hillary-Knew-Emails-During-Benghazi-Attack-Reported-Terrorism Clinton Claimed 'Response To Inflammatory Material Posted On The Internet'
· AZ Border Defenders Updated Daily
· Need2No Border News Watch
· No-Knock-Police-Raid-Ends-In-Blazing-Tragedy Texas Man Defends Family, Gets Surprise Decision From Grand Jury
DR BEN CARSON
BILL AND HILLARY
SECRETARY OF STATE