- ► June (26)
- ► May (31)
- ► April (24)
- ► March (27)
- ► February (28)
- ► January (31)
- ► December (29)
- ► November (30)
- ► October (31)
- ► September (32)
- ► August (31)
- ► July (31)
- ► June (30)
- ► May (30)
- ► April (30)
- ► March (31)
- ► February (28)
- ► January (31)
- ► December (30)
- ► November (29)
- ► October (31)
- ► September (29)
- ► August (32)
- ► July (25)
- ► June (21)
- ► May (31)
- ► April (30)
- ▼ March (30)
- ► February (29)
- ► January (31)
- ► December (28)
- ► November (30)
- ► October (32)
- ► September (29)
- ► August (32)
- ► July (31)
- ► June (27)
- ► May (31)
- ► April (36)
- ► March (42)
- ► February (35)
- ► January (34)
- ► December (39)
- ► November (35)
- ► October (42)
- ► September (37)
- ► August (35)
- ► July (37)
- ► June (37)
- ► May (21)
- ► April (33)
- ► March (39)
- ► February (36)
- ► January (38)
- ► December (39)
- ► November (32)
- ► October (37)
- ► September (39)
- ► August (42)
Briefs Editor Frosty Taylor firstname.lastname@example.org
Web Master John Strasser
· Jose Borrajero’s AZRRT Call To Action And Activity Report 150306 - 2115 Weekly update on what’s happening at the Arizona legislature. Fresh post every Friday.
· Updates On AZ Firearms Bills: See AzCDL www.azcdl.org/html/bill_tracking
· Latest Actions On Bills: www.azleg.gov
· Arrowhead Republican Women Membership Renewals are due. Members must renew by March 15 to be included in the ARW Director. $30 for full members, $10 for Associates. www.arrowheardrw.weebly.com.
· Volunteers Are Needed for the LD17 voter registration booth at the Ostrich Festival on Fri., March 13 from noon until 6 pm, Sat., March 14 from 10 am-6 pm, and Sun, March 15 from 10 am-6 pm at Tumbleweed Park. Map Here Volunteers should contac Mike Tennant at 480-802-0178 or email email@example.com
· The Emery Riddle University College Republicans meet every Monday evening at 7 pm, in the ERAU-King Engineering Blvd in Prescott. Contact: Chr Joey Cilano firstname.lastname@example.org
· Political Consultant Constantin Querard recommends you disregard the e-mail pitches from such groups as “Conservative America Now” for money to beat Sen John McCain. “Keep your money in your wallet. When a real candidate actually runs against McCain, there are plenty of chances to write your checks. Don’t give away your money in the meantime.”
· Tyler Bowyer, the newly elected County Republicans Chairman echoes Querard’s advice with “Donate directly to the candidates.”
· The Sun Lakes Republican Club will feature Ronald Colburn, former National Deputy Chief of the U.S. Border Patrol within U.S. Customs and Border Protection, at 6:30 pm., Tues, March 10 in the Arizona Room of the Sun Lakes Country Club, 25601 N. Sun Lakes Blvd., Sun Lakes, AZ 85248. The public is encouraged to attend this presentation on the status and history of our border security. Colburn has one of the most extensive backgrounds in border security in the world today, having served in critical operational positions in the field and at the headquarters of the U.S. Customs and Border Protection Agency for over 30 years. Colburn is a national security consultant with Command Consulting Group and currently resides in Peoria, with his wife, and represents one of four generations from his family with extensive Border Patrol experience: His grandfather patrolled the border in the early 1900s with a "Mounted Guard" horse patrol unit. His father served nearly 30 years in various Border Patrol and INS positions and retired in the early 1990s. Chief Colburn's youngest son is currently a Supervisory U.S. Border Patrol Agent. Rep. JD Mesnard will give an up the Legislative Session. Contact: Mike Tennant, 480-802-0178 or http://slgop.org,
· Congressman Paul Gosar: When I was first elected to Congress in 2010, I set out to meet with as many hard working Arizonans as possible. I brought the same approach that I had as a medical professional for 25 years where I asked “Where does it hurt?” and “How can I help?” You cannot fix a problem without first listening to the people affected by it. After thousands of miles of travel and hundreds of meetings, coffees and town halls, I have learned about what issues are important to YOU. Additionally, I have listened to YOUR solutions to today’s biggest challenges because the answers to the problems we face don't come from Washington D.C. In the 113th Congress I was the most effective member in both Houses. With your help, I have delivered and will continue to take bold action and provide real leadership. Furthermore, this year I will be traveling around the state on a “Solutions Tour” to share with you the actions I am taking as your Representative to solve the real problems facing Arizona as well as our nation. Click the link below to see my upcoming Solution Tour dates and come be a part of the conversation. http://gosar.house.gov/2015-solutions-tour Next stop: 6:30 pm. Mon., March 9, , Florence, 775 N Main St., Florence, AZ .
· LD17 Precinct Committee Training is scheduled at 6:30 pm., Tues., March 31 (before LD17 mtg) and from 10 am until noon, Sat., April 11. Contact: Chairman Shadow Asgari at LD17shadow@gmail.com
· LD15 Sen Nancy Barto: After a very long day (and night!), we passed the budget. Governor Ducey showed real leadership by not spending more than the state actually has - the numbers were very close to the original budget released in January, which is pretty incredible. ** News Flash! ** The final budget DID NOT cut K-12! It actually added slightly to their bottom line. It also DID NOT force schools to cut non-classroom spending from their budgets. Schools have flexibility to spend the dollars where they are needed - but the message was clearly sent: prioritize the classroom! That is simply not happening in every district and it should be.
· Legislative Dates To Remember:
ü March 20 - Last day for House consideration of Senate bills and Senate consideration of House bills.
ü April 17 - Last day for conference committees.
· Reservations Are Due March 12 for the March 14 Paradise Republican Women luncheon at Gainey Ranch Golf Club, 7600 E Gainey Club Drive, Scottsdale, AZ 85258 with Clint Bolick, Vice-President of litigation at Goldwater Insistue and co-author of ‘Immigration Wars’ with Jeb Bush. 10:30 am social. 11 am program. $30 per person. Reservations/checks to PRWC , PO Box 14425, Scottsdale, AZ 85267. RSVP deadline: March 12. www.prwc.org
· Congressman Matt Salmon will address the LD17 Republicans at 7 pm., March 31 at the Tri-City Baptist Church Seminary Bldg, 2211 W Germann Road, Chandler, AZ 85286 . Map Here They meet the last Tuesday of the month. Contact: Chairman Shadow Asgari at LD17shadow@gmail.com
· The Arizona Republican Assembly (AzRA), chaired by former senator Thayer Verschoor is forming chapters throughout Arizona. Conservative Republicans (new members are subject to vetting) interested in joining AzRA should contact Verschoor (602-703-0266). Membership is open to conservative Republicans only who support the Republican Platform and the US Constitution. The Maricopa West Valley AzRA chapter (Avondale area), Chaired by John Wilson - email@example.com. A new chapter is forming in the Surprise & North area, contact Lyle Tuttle L.firstname.lastname@example.org
· Congressman Paul Gosar: I want to offer my sincerest congratulations to Sierra Rosdahl of Prescott, AZ for receiving her appointment to the U.S. Military Academy. She is currently a student at Prescott High School where she is the Student Body President and a member of the National Honor Society. Sierra also attended the U.S. Naval Academy Summer Seminar and currently works in my Prescott office as an intern. student at Prescott High School where she is the Student Body President and a member of the National Honor Society. She also attended the U.S. Naval Academy Summer Seminar and currently works in my Prescott office as an intern. I am extremely proud of her and can't wait to see what she accomplishes at West Point.
· LD17: Master Illusionist Craig Davis will perform at the Sun Lakes Country Club on Sat, April 25 for the LD17 fundraiser. Limited seating. Magic Show Flier Contact: Chairman Shadow Asgari at LD17shadow@gmail.com
· Jim Unmacht President of the Arizona Sportsmen for Wildlife Conservation is asking sportsmen to write to the three Arizona Democrat congressman who recently wrote the President asking for a proclamation setting aside and designating the North Kaibab, Arizona Strip, and portions of the South Kaibab as the Grand Canyon Watershed National Monument. If he does that, over a million more acres will get a new "designation", and with it, will come new rules and restrictions impacting recreation on that land, according to AZSFWC. Click here for a map of the area. Public input is being accepted until March 9. 21 out of the 25 AZSFWC member groups oppose this designation as does the Arizona Game and Fish Commission’s May 11, 2012 Resolution Concerning the Loss of Multiple-use Public Lands Due to Special Land-use Designations. See www.Game-and-Fish-Commission -opposes-proposal-to-create-Grand-Canyon-Watershed-National-Monument AZSFWC asks that you contact the Reps Raul Grijalva at .http://grijalva.house.gov/, Reuben Gallego at https://rubengallego.house.gov/ and Ann Kirkpatrick at http://kirkpatrick.house.gov/ to express your dissatisfaction with their proposal. You can also send your comments and concerns to Rep. Kirkpatrick in care of Molly Brown at email@example.com prior to Monday, March 9. Contact information. congress/members/AZ or Arizona Sportsmen for Wildlife Conservation firstname.lastname@example.org
· Timothy Lee, AZGOP Compliance Director, will be conducting a Treasurer’s Training session for GOP LD treasurers and county chairmen from 10am-2 pm, Sat., June 6 at AZGOP headquarters, 3501 N. 24th St., Phx. Contact Lee at (602) 449-1000 or email@example.com
· Nat'l Director of AZ Republican Assembly A J LaFaro will address “Ballot Harvesting, Stuffing, And Tampering And Closing The Republican Primaries” in Arizona at the 6 pm., Thur., March 19 Colorado River Tea Party – Yuma meeting at the Community Christian Church, 6480 E Hwy 95, Yuma. LaFaro, firstname.lastname@example.org who authored the “closed primary resolutions” passed by the AZGOP and Maricopa County Republican precinct committeemen at the January statutory meeting, is the immediate past chairman of the Maricopa County Republican Committee – aka the Republican Party of Maricopa County. Contact: Chr Sally Kizer email@example.com 928-210-1219 www.coloradoriverteaparty.org
· Congressman Paul Gosar Townhalls
ü March 9 – 6:30 pm., Town Hall , 775 North Main Street, Florence, AZ 85132
ü March 12 – 5:30 pm, Town Hall, Bullhead City Council Chambers 2355 Trane Road Bullhead City, AZ
ü March 13 – 1-4 pm, Staff in Yarnell, 22302 Hwy 89, Yarnell, AZ 85362.
ü March 18 – 1-4 pm, Staff at Mayer Fire Dept Adm, 11975 Hwy 89, Mayer, AZ 86333.
ü March 19 – 9 am-noon, Staff at Apache Junction City Hall Conference Rm, Bldg D, 300 E Superstition Blvd., Apache Junction, AZ 85119.
ü March 19 – 1-4 pm, Staff in Admin Conference Rm, 775 N Main St., Florence, AZ 85132.
ü April 3 – 8 am, Coffee with the Congressman, Brownies Restaurant: 1145 South 4th Avenue, Yuma, AZ 85364.
ü May 7 – 5:30 pm, Town Hall, City Hall Council Chambers: 1 City Plaza, Yuma, AZ 85364.
CALENDAR OF EVENTS
· The Highway 69 Republicans will meet at 6 pm., Mon., March 9 at the Puerta Vallarta Restaurant, 11901 E Hwy 69 in Dewey to hear Joseph Nye of the Arizona Citizens Defense League and a spokesman for Oathkeepers. 5 pm., Social house. RSVP to Frances at 928-632-1099 firstname.lastname@example.org http://www.highway69republicans.com
· The Yavapai Republican Men's Forum will meet at 11:30 am., March 9 at St. Michael's Hotel Ballroom, 205 W. Gurley St., Prescott to hear Keith Burns, COO YRMC and Leslie Hoffman, Yavapai County Recorder. Cost: $18. Reservations due: noon -Thur, March 5. RSVP: Bob Luzius at (928) 717-2551 or email@example.com
· The Arizona Project will present the film "Passionate Sage - The Character and Legacy of John Adams" at 6:30 pm., Mon., March 9 at 3375 E Shea Blvd., Phx. An American Founding Father, Adams was a statesman, diplomat, and a leading advocate of American independence from Great Britain.
TUESDAY, MARCH 10
· The LD28 Meeting has been changed from March 10 to March 11 at Vincent’s on Camelback, according to LD28 Chairman Vernon Parker.
· LD13 will meet at 6:30 pm., March 10 at Total Wine and More, 1416 N Litchfield Rd, Goodyear, AZ. 85395, according to Chairman Dick Landis (602) 625-0431.
· The LD27 South Mountain Republicans will meet at 6:30 pm for dinner, followed by a 7 pm meeting on Tues., March 10 at the Jumbo Buffet (NE Corner Of 35th Avenue And Southern) . Events in LD27 will be the topic of discussion. They plan a ‘Patriots In The Park’ on March 14 At El Reposo Park, an upcoming gun raffle and are recruiting LD27 Teenage Republicans (TARS). Executive Committee Contacts: Chr Ron Harders – Hbaronaz@Msn.Com - 602-243-0111; 1st Vice Chairman Jose Tello – Josertello01@Gmail.Com - 480-309-5182 And 2nd Vice Chairman Chris Morrill – Bikeartchris@Yahoo.Com - 480-415-2453.
· The Sahuarita Tea Party Patriots will meet at 6:30 pm., March 10 at the Triple Play Restaurant on W. Duval Mine Road. Speakers will be past NRA president Sandy Froman, and Constitutional Sheriff Richard Mack. www.sahuaritateapartypatriots.com
· The Mingus Mt. Republican Club Luncheon (2ndTues) will meet at 11:15 am, March 10 at the Veterans of Foreign Wars Post #7400, 705 E Aspen St., Cottonwood. CD4 Congressman Paul Gosar will address “Listening And Working Together to Find Solutions for the 4th District and Our Country. Jack Tinnell will discuss Pres. Alexander Hamilton. RSVP - Niles Haton 928-649-1643. Mingus_Mountain@hotmail.com
A Fundraiser For Bill Gates For Phoenix City Council is scheduled from 5:30-7:30 pm., Wed., March 11 at the home of Councilman Jim and Kitty Waring. Guests include Congressman David Schweikert, Gov Doug Ducey, Secretary of State Michel Reagan, and Councilmen Thelda Williams and Sal DiCiccio. RSVP: Crystal Bradley 602-339-0831 firstname.lastname@example.org
· Pima County GOP Chairman Bill Beard recommends Tucson Republicans provide input to the City Charter proposals at 5 pm., March 10 at the El Pueblo Neighborhood Center, and at 5 pm., March 12 at Morris K Udall Regional Center.
WEDNESDAY, MARCH 11
· Congresswoman Martha McSally will hold a town hall discussion with Raytheon Missile Systems employees in Tucson on Wed, March 11 to discuss national defense and other issues. Raytheon employs nearly 10,000 people in Southern Arizona, making it the region’s largest private employer. Contact: Patrick Ptak at email@example.com or (202) 603-3100.
THURSDAY MARCH 12
· LD23 will meet at 7 pm, Thurs, March 12 at the Via Linda Senior Center, 10440 N via Linda Blvd, Scottsdale. Sign in - 6:30 pm. Last month, Dustin Romney spoken in favor of an Article V Convention of States, which is different from a Constitutional Convention. This month, former AZ Representative Barbara Blewster will speak against such a convention. All who are interested in this subject are welcome. Chr Jim O’Connor firstname.lastname@example.org Locations vary/ tba. www.ld23gop.org
· ‘Women2Women Conversations Tour’ will be conducted from 5:30-7 pm, Thurs., March 12 at the Embassy Suites, 2630 E Camelback Rd., Phx. Speakers include US Reps Martha McSally, Susan Brooks (IN) and Renee Ellmers (NC). Lisa Atkins is the moderator. This is the first Women 2 Women Conversation Tour designed to bring female voters together to discuss issues of concern. Free admission, Coctails and light refreshments will be served. RSVP: www.mainstreetadvocacy.com/women/. Copy your RSVP to Jane Lynch (email@example.com) who will follow-up with you closer to the event.
· Congressman Paul Gosar will attend the 5:30 pm., Thur., March 12 Bullhead City Town Hall Meeting in the Bullhead City Council Chambers, 2355 Trane Road, Bullhead City, AZ.
The Fountain Hills VFW Post 7507 has tickets to the 7 pm., Thurs., March 12 Coyotes v Chicago Blackhawks Hockey game. Upper deck - $110, lower deck - $60. Ticket purchase contact: Carl Krawczyk c.krawczyk@hotmail or call 480-215-3899
· Retired U.S. Supreme Court Justice Sandra Day O’Conner and historic preservationist and arts advocate Elisabeth F. Ruffner will be the first living inductees to the Arizona Women’s Hall of Fame during the Induction Ceremony scheduled at 3 pm., Mar. 12 at 3 p.m. at the Arizona Historical Society Museum, 1300 N. College Ave., in Tempe, Ariz. A reception follows immediately. The event is free and open to the public. Limited seating requires reservations at www.azwhf.org.
2015 Posthumous Inductees
ü Marietta Bryant (1911-2003) & Daisy Moore (1908-1985).
ü Lorraine W. Frank (1923-2005)
ü Louise Foucar Marshall (1864-1956)
ü Helen K. Mason (1912-2003)
ü Lucy Sikorsky, M.D. (1899-1972)
FRIDAY, MARCH 13
· LD17 Will Host A Voter Registration Tent at the Ostrich Festival the evenings of March 13 and 14, plus all day March 15.
· The Graham County Republican Committee will meet at noon March 13 in the Manor House Glass Room, 415 E. Highway 70, Safford. No cost to attend. Lunch is available for purchase.
SATURDAY MARCH 14
· LD27 Is Hosting A ‘Patriots In The Park Community Gathering’ between 11 am-5 pm, Sat., March 14 at El Reposo Park, 502 E. Alta Vista Road Phoenix, AZ 85042 -- featuring free food, raffles and fun for all. Bring 5 canned food items to donate for the Society of St. Vincent de Paul . Contact our South Mountain Precinct Committeemen to purchase a 50/50 Raffle Ticket. Event contacts: Chairman Ron Harders at firstname.lastname@example.org 1st VC Jose Tello at email@example.com or 2nd VC Chris Morrill at firstname.lastname@example.org
· The Paradise Republican Women will meet for lunch Sat., March 14 at Gainey Ranch Golf Club, 7600 E Gainey Club Drive, Scottsdale, AZ 85258 with Clint Bolick, Vice-President of litigation at Goldwater Insistue and co-author of ‘Immigration Wars’ with Jeb Bush. 10:30 am social. 11 am program. $30 per person. Reservations/checks to PRWC , PO Box 14425, Scottsdale, AZ 85267. RSVP by Thurs., March 12. www.prwc.org
LD 9 Will Meet At 9 AM On Sat, March 14 at La Paloma Urgent Care, 4001 E. Sunrise Dr. Tucson, 85718. Speakers will be Nick Dranius and Rep. Mark Finchem. Contact Chr Brad Johns email@example.com
Clint Bolick, VP of Litigation for the Goldwater Institute and Co-Author of Immigration Wars with Jeb Bush will address the Paradise Republican Women at their March 14 luncheon at Gainey Ranch Golf Club, 7600 E Gainey Club Dr., Scottsdale. 10:30 am social. 11 am lunch. $30 per person. RSVP by March 12.
· Volunteers Are Needed March 14 And 15 by the NRA-ILA for the Mesa Gun Show to man booths starting at 9 am in Centennial Hall, 201 N Center St., Mesa. Contact: Michael Horanburg firstname.lastname@example.org · 505-261-2087
· Harry Plummer, Headmaster of Ville de Marie Academy, will address ‘Common Core’ at the Sat., March 14 Pro-Life Inter-Faith Conference . Register www.evprolifealliance.org or Life@EVProLifeAlliance.org ~ Call: 480-216-7217.
· The AZ East Valley Pro-Life Alliance Pro-Life Inter-Faith Conference is scheduled from 9 am-3 pm., Sat., March 14 the at the Windemere Conference Center, 5750 E. Main Street, Mesa. Speaker Fr. Andrew Kemberling will address the hard truths about Socialism and its Incompatibility with Christianity. Others confirmed speakers include Maricopa County Sheriff Joe Arpaio, Priests for Life Director Father Frank Pavone, Light of Hope Institute Pastor C. T. Wright, Founder, Maricopa County Supervisor Steve Chucri, Maricopa County Attorney Bill Montgomery, Former Maricopa Co. Attorney Andrew Thomas, Founder & President AIFD Zuhdi Jasser, M.D., LD 25 Rep Justin Olson, LD13 Rep Steve Montenegro, and Frontline Fellowship Chairman Rev. Bill Bathman. Limited Seating. $35 – conference breakfast and buffet lunch. $45 – booth, conference, breakfast and lunch. Registration Life@EVProLifeAlliance.org or www.evprolifealliance.org Information: 480-216-7217.
· Political-Insider Ducey A 99 Percenter?
· Arizona-Groundwater-Management 35 Yrs Later Still Pumping Too Much Water
· What Has Happened To Parents By Pastor Roger Anghis
· Action Alerts:
ü Call all Representatives and tell them to vote YES on HB2190. This bill will repeal Common Core. http://www.azleg.gov/memberroster.asp
ü Contact all Senators and tell them to vote NO on HB2184 aka Kelli Amendment that strips authority from the Supt of Public Instruction. http://www.azleg.gov/memberroster.asp
· American Muslim Plotted To Kill Obama And Bomb Capitol: “I’m Very Dedicated To Establish The Sharia In America, To Wage War Against Non-Muslims,” “We Are Indeed Here In America, “We’re In Each And Every State”
· AZGOP financial reports filed/ AZ Sec of State azsos.gov/cfs/FilerDetail
· FEC Filing Updated/Current AZGOP Financials Info CandidateCommitteeDetail.do?canId
· AZ Border Defenders Updated Daily
· Need2No Border News Watch
WAR ON WOMEN
JUDGE JEANINE PIRRO
BILL AND HILLARY
COMMON CORE/AGENDA 21
SECRETARY OF STATE
· ‘Match made in Hell’: Boko Haram terrorists pledge to obey ISIS ‘caliphate